All hotels in Honolulu, Hawaii, United States of America
2070 Kalakaua Ave, Honolulu, HI, 96815, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.8
Nice hotel, good location, room was tidy and nice to be in. Good air con and the coffee was great. Nice pool. Staff were very helpful and friendly, especially receptions and the (bellboy). Good breakfast buffet option downstairs. Only downside was that the wireless internet service was poor in places. Also the service desk was not the most switched on staff.
3 night trip with friends Jul 10, 2015
Amber
"Solid budget hotel"
Our family had our home fumigated and had to vacate for two days. This hotel was close to our home with a reasonable rate for high tourist season. The staff was excellent - very professional and accommodating. There was only valet parking, but the valet staff were extremely courteous and went out of their way to make us feel welcome and assisted us with free visitor parking for a 2nd car that needed to be parked for an hour. He could have charged us $5 per hour, but they were mindful that we were a local family who was not on vacation who needed a place to stay while working. The room itself was pretty basic but clean. There were signs of deterioration along the bathroom ceiling seams, but this is an older building. The beds had bed bug encasements which gave us peace of mind that this hotel was diligent against bed bugs. The room had a split air-conditioner unit which made the room cool and quiet. The elevators were a little slow but satisfactory for an older building. This is a solid hotel for budget travelers with an excellent staff.
1 night family trip Jul 16, 2015
Calvin
"Disorganized"
The hotel has a great location, close walk to everything. The staff is very disorganized and incompetent. Not one day of our stay did our room actually get done: either they never replenished the soap and shampoo and cleaned the bathroom or they didn't put coffee packets or they didn't make the beds... How can you only do half the things you are supposed to (mind you, never the same half) and leave. We never got any apologies for it and we always had to wait a long time for the front office to actually give us the items (shampoo, soap, coffee), as if we were trying to cheat them out of them.... The room was ok, some items were new, some old. The balcony was very dirty and rusty. Water was continuously leaking and splashing on it from the room above. We hoped it was AC unit water, but nonetheless, it made the balcony unusable. We do not plan to stay at this hotel again, just too much of a headache to deal with the staff and lack of competency and professionalism.
4 night romance trip Jul 3, 2015
adriana
"Good value."
Friendly staff, great location. The room was clean although a little run down.(Rips in the curtain and chips in the bathtub.)
2 night business trip Jul 3, 2015
Christopher
"Fairly nice 1 night stay for flight layover"
Stayed for 1 night for flight layover. Walked to Waikiki beach. Room had 2 comfortable beds and was quiet. Hotel is dated but clean. Breakfast in lobby was overpriced and not worth the money, but we did it for convenience. Hotel supplied beach towels. Took taxi from airport to hotel (about $30).
1 night family trip Jun 14, 2015
"Good for $$"
The rooms were clean but the pool wasn't the greatest and the rooms needed updating
2 night family trip Jun 4, 2015
marylup
"Great,"
Really nice room. Had a big one with a kitchen which was great. Just a little heads up. They don't do the dishes, they don't give any refill for shampoo etc( just the tiny ones you get when you arrive) and also we still haven't got the deposit back($100). I emailed them and I hope they will give it back to us. It's been 5 weeks since we got home so I think we should have it by now.. It's close to the beach, only about a 5 min walk. Everything else is about a 30 min walk to. Restaurants, grocery store etc. you can always take a uber for about $5 if your to lazy to walk. Overall we are satisfied with our stay. Just me and my brother was staying there, for 12 nights. We came during the hip hop weekend which we didn't know so it was only black people there and it was very loud. I don't knot if that was only that weekend. They do have a free happy hour every day I believe at another hotel that is about 20 min from the hotel, they will tell you at the front desk. Free beach towels is available. I would recommend this to anyone! As long as we get the deposit back.
10 night family trip Mar 25, 2015
Johanna
"Failed six nights"
Air conditioner in room 408 was too noisy: An old style hooked to the window. I could not focus on any work because of the noise. Switched to another room (room 1208). In this case, the air conditioner was the same style, but it was blocked by a TV cabinet, providing less noise to the table. But, the Wi-Fi was too weak. Just a half tick out of five ticks (almost zero). The Internet was totally impossible. A wire Internet cable from the wall did not work either. But, the notebook computer was moved outside the door to the corrider, the Wi-Fi was strong. Basically, the Wi-Fi inside the room was so weak because the room was located behind the elevator. When I asked another type of room, the front desk asked an upgrade fee. At the time of checkout, the front desk asked an amenity fee. She said that the amenity fee includes the Wi-Fi, coffee, access to the front desk, cleaning the room. But, the Wi-Fi did not work. Also, I think that all the others should be included in the daily hotel cost. They do not deserve to collect any amenity fee (it is a rip off).
6 night business trip Jun 13, 2015
Keum Shik
"Good Stay"
The hotel is in a great location! It's very close to the beach and there are many shops and restaurants easily within walking distance. Parts of the room could stand to be updated, like the AC unit and the paint on the walls, but they were doing that the day we checked out. At night it was a little loud as the street it's located on is pretty busy.
2 night romance trip Jun 15, 2015
Lindsay
"Stay Elsewher"
Wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone. The bed was hard (felt like sleeping on box springs), the bathroom sink groaned loudly when turned on and the general condition looked very worn.
2 night romance trip Jun 12, 2015
"Cozy"
It was ok
1 night romance trip Jun 7, 2015
"Weekend getaway"
Service was great, I just think the hotel needs to be updated. Curtains and carpet were very old and dirty, saw a bug (possibly a roach) within 5 minutes of being in the room.
2 night romance trip May 31, 2015
"relaxing"
Comfortable
1 night trip May 31, 2015
Darren
"rates too high"
The stay was great, it is the rate and the charges that I don't like. On hotel.com it is one price and then when you check out you have to pay more things. We are told that the hotel will charge us more for something but it is a lot more charges, not just one!
1 night trip with friends May 21, 2015
magdalena
"No Customer Service"
I love that the rooms had 4 beds, but the beds were so hard!! We asked for extra blankets and pillows and they were rude n said they will see what they can do, good location but very bad customer service...
1 night family trip May 24, 2015
Sherina
"Just dont"
Not worth the money you pay. Costed us $165 per night. Cost on hotels.com was $130. Valet parking compulsory and apart a hotel amenities fee. No complimentary breakfast. Air conditioning was very poor a half ton air conditioning for a room, dresser and everything else. Just couldn't sleep and hotel staff were very rude
1 night family trip May 19, 2015
"Summer Trip"
My stay at Waikiki Gateway was great! Everyone was friendly and the place was cozy. The place was actually updated comparing to the pics I saw. I knew I wasn't going to be staying at a 5 star hotel so i didn't expect much, but I was impressed!
5 night trip May 13, 2015
Ulysses
"Over all Excellent"
Customer service i was excellent and manager Ulu took care of me and family very excellent attitude and over all, rooms are very excellent ! Very recommendable !
4 night family trip May 7, 2015
Rionilo
"worst hotel"
I Will NEVER Stay At This Hotel Again! Room smells bad and hotel has cockroaches!they tax on extra fees during check in for things that are not wanted/needed and the wi-fi is awful.
5 night romance trip May 8, 2015
"Good Price and Good Location"
We enjoyed our stay at the Waikiki Gateway Hotel and would definitely come back. The location was very convenient and the price was just right.
7 night trip with friends Apr 8, 2015
BryanA
"Old old old"
Needs to be remodeled badly. I'd recommend you pay a little more money and go somewhere where the curtains aren't being held together with duct tape.
Other trip Apr 24, 2015
Ellen
It was pleasant. A little out dated. But good. 2 of the parking staff were really friendly and mad great suggestions on where to visit on the island.
Other trip Apr 23, 2015
Great location at the beginning of Waikiki action; clean and good basic facilities. Only complains are: 1. No printer in Bussiness Center and 2. Expensive parking.
Other trip Apr 22, 2015
Panayiotis
"Waikiki"
Waikiki is a beautiful place - the beach is awesome, the water is refreshing, the scenic beauty is great... but next time I will not rent a car. There is litle convenient parking, so it is better to walk from the hotel or catch a trolley. If you want to drive somewhere, simply rent a car for the day. Do take the North Shore tour; it is worth it, especially if you enjoy snorkling.
Other trip Apr 22, 2015
"Disgusting"
Was supposed to stay the week but checked out after first night. Peeling paint on walls. Looks like mold was painted over in the bathroom. Outdated ac unit that did not cool the room.
6 night trip Apr 11, 2015
"Cheap and Safe and Clean ROOM."
Its ok if your just going to sleep and be out all day. Near everything, friendly staff and safe. Room was clean, beds are comfortable. Overall OK. :)
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
"the most rundown hotel I ever stayed in"
cockroaches in room smelled like a garbage can rooms haven't been updated since the early 70s
Other trip Apr 18, 2015
"Bring Earplugs"
Noisy and very small view of ocean with the Deluxe package.
Other trip Apr 14, 2015
Friendly staff ... Wonderful, convertible and relaxing hotel
Other trip Apr 9, 2015
anna
"Clean but needs help"
Nice place just needs updating in some areas, beds are soft but bathrooms needs fresh items and tubs
Other trip Apr 7, 2015
"Would definitely stay again."
Nice, big room. 2 comfy full size beds. Fridge. Could've used a microwave and more dresser space. Staff was amazing. Free bottles of water at front desk whenever you asked. A/C units drip on to lanais making it not as welcoming outside as it could be. A little off the beaten path, but in my opinion Waikiki is walkable no matter where you are. Ft. Derussey is across the street. Would definitely stay again.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
"Don't miss this one!"
Even the Waikiki-Gateway is not a top-level one, but I got a lot more than what I paid. Gateway has clean rooms, is clear/frank on its charge items, and its staffs are very friendly. I fully recommend this one "Waikiki Gateway". In my last visit in April 2014, some OTHER MOTEL near beach site over-charged amenity-fee when I checked-in at last minute. If you are doing on-line booking, make sure that the hotel does not over-charge extra on "Hawaii tourists" at the last minutes when you check in.
Other trip Apr 4, 2015
Eddie
"Good hotel and really accesible to everything !!!"
The Gateway is a medium class hotel and do not expect fine ammenities. Its very friendly personnel makes it so comfortable, the rooms are clean, they have free coffee, small fridge and specially its location makes it so accesible to every taxi, bus or trolly you might need. They give away bottled water and beach towels for a small price daily and the best that they have an ABC store inside their building. Their breakfast is not that good for the price and their pool is very, very small. In few words, the Gateway is a nice moderate and cheap hotel in which not to expect a 5 star ammenities, but their personnel makes it warm and nice.
Other trip Apr 3, 2015
Emilio
"Close to beach and shopping"
We had a wonderful family vacation. It is close to the beach and economical if you have a large family. It isn't so busy here because the Park creates a nice buffer. I would stay here again.
Other trip Apr 2, 2015
Jay
"Good Economical Room"
Hotel is a little dated but, in a great location in Waikiki. Staff were great and helpful.
4 night family trip Mar 25, 2015
"Old hotel"
Didn't realize the hotel was so old. The bathroom fixtures were coroded, couldn't turn the water in the bathroom sink off, shower head corroded as well.
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
Cheap accommodation but not the best. We went as a large group of college kids and didn't really care to stay for very long in the hotel
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
sid
"Great affordable place"
It was pretty nice, a little old, but well looked after. Once they forgot to clean our room which was a bit of a downer. All the staff were incredibly helpful and nice though.
6 night trip with friends Mar 17, 2015
"Fair enough room for price"
Family stay, 3 bed in room helped accommodate us in one room.
4 night family trip Mar 21, 2015
Yuichi
"Great value for active folks"
I'm ok with roughing it. I'm ok with outdated facilities. The air conditioner went dead and they quickly fixed it. I appreciate their quick response. Good value for Waikiki
4 night business trip Mar 21, 2015
Keita
"Waikiki Gateway - a very nice (if dated) hotel"
My rooms was well kept up - nothing except the beds was new though - it was like a time capsule. I think the older bathroom and furniture were charming. I've stayed in brand new expensive hotels in sterile rooms without windows that open - Waikiki Gateway was a nice contrast. Despite the amenities being dated, I really liked my stay here. Nice lanai, nice views from the 12th floor. nice staff (desk, cleaning, and maintenance). Good location - easy to get places in Waikiki, and easy to walk out of Waikiki into the city. The one thing I would update is the internet bandwidth - the wifi was too slow in the early evenings when it kind of stalled out.
Other trip Mar 26, 2015
Great staff good location but what is that smell on the 9th floor
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
cs
"Nice cheap hotel"
Big room big beds Its about 5min from the beach by foot The staff was always friendly and helpful. The room was clean everytime they did the service
Other trip Mar 22, 2015
"Was about a 10 minute walk to the beach"
The staff were awesome, the room was really nice, it looked a lot better than in the pictures on the website. Everything was walking distance which was really convenient.
Other trip Mar 22, 2015
Lyle
"Will definitely come back!"
Very relaxing and accommodating. The location was within walking distance to the mall, restaurants, and beach. Would definitely stay here again.
Other trip Mar 21, 2015
vanessa
"Old rooms with hidden costs."
Good location but rooms are worn out. Needs refurbishin. Mandatory hidden costs not revealed at time of booking. $25 per night parking, $10 per night for WiFi. Not good value.
3 night romance trip Mar 12, 2015
"Great location, average hotel"
The hotel was centrally located right in downtown waikiki. The hotel room was clean but the bathroom shower had a ton of chips in wall, it had no fan, and the shower head was weak. But the bathroom was clean like the room. The room was large, comfortable, nice tv, nice mini fridge, plenty of closet space, the bed was great which is very important me to. I was put on the 4th floor which has the pool and we could hear the kids screaming from 8am on. i like to sleep in so it was a bother to me but if you are ok with being up by 8 then it won't be a problem. the staff were real nice any time we needed towels or water or had questions. we had the breakfast buffet one day and it was a good variety of food and tasted good. The wifi was strong enough to allow me to watch youtube videos.
Other trip Mar 20, 2015
Emilie
"Cheap hotel near the beach"
Old hotel, but functional. Staff friendly. A place to stay with no frills.
Other trip Mar 18, 2015
Rob
"On a budget room"
The stay was barely acceptable due to the location. The hotel is in the midst of a renovation. Certain rooms and floors are newly renovated and appear ok; however, my room was not. The room was old and appeared to have been last renovated a long time ago, maybe the 80s. The tile, caulking, walls, and decor were outdated and torn up. The windows are single pane and the noise is readily available in your room. My air conditioner's drip pan was from a plastic plant pot. The AC was not held up and the weight had caused the AC to rip through the wall with an opening to the outside. I did not visit the pool, so I cannot comment. The hotel additionally charged me for the $10 a day resort fee although it was supposed to have been paid for through my reservation on hotels.com. When I asked if they could do anything about reviewing my reservation, they said they could not see anything from outside vendors. The resort fee did cover free water and fruit from the front desk as well as pool towel use, but they were constantly out of fruit and water. There is no parking except for valet which is 25.00 dollars a day. However, this is common in Waikiki and their parking staff were prompt and friendly. Lastly, the breakfast buffet was horrible. Food would have been better in a child's cafeteria.
3 night romance trip Mar 13, 2015
Andrea
A nice-ish hotel for the rate. I don't like they charge you $10 daily fee even if you don't use the Wi-Fi, bottle water service. The bathrooms can definitely use an upgrade, but I really only use this hotel when I want to spend a night in town, so I don't need anything fancy or expensive so the Grand fits the bill.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015