All hotels in Tempe, Arizona, United States of America
1915 East Apache Blvd, McClintock / Apache Blvd, Tempe, AZ, 85281, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"ASU"
The Management Staff was great, excellent customer service
1 night family trip May 10, 2015
"Are we under new management?"
Remodeling so we couldn't park close to our room or the stairs. No ground floor room available, so my octogenarian parents got to hike the stairs. Police were there often. Office was locked for a while. No bath towels available because that room was locked.
2 night family trip May 11, 2015
Awesome
1 night business trip May 7, 2015
shaunah
"Never again!"
We chose this specific motel for its proximity to a Phoenix Metro station (across the street). First time in a Motel 6 in 30 years. The room only had a single chair but the bed was OK and everything was clean. First time I've been asked to pay for WiFi since London in 2005 and that's the decider, we won't be back.
1 night romance trip May 2, 2015
"Needs some TLC"
I have to say that our last visit was not encouraging. I love Motel 6 because I can bring my pet without concerns for additional charges, however this time I was disappointed. The carpet was stained, there was a spray bottle hanging from the shower rod (I assume it was cleaner) and the room just had an overall feeling of disrepair. The carpet not only looked dirty, it felt dirty. The AC worked overtime to keep the room at a reasonable temperature and the toilet felt like it was going to tip over at any minute -- I hate hovering!
1 night family trip Apr 24, 2015
Virginia
"Motel 6 ASU"
I stay here at least once a week and the service is fabulous . Serenity (at the front desk) is always very accommodating to my needs, she definitely goes above And beyond. Bottom line nice hotel, great price , and amazing service .
1 night business trip Apr 18, 2015
nicole
"Too noisy"
Guests nearby were too noisy and I went to bed at 10.30pm, but couldn't sleep until after 2.am. My alarm went off at 5.30am and I felt hungover and I don't drink!
Other trip Apr 9, 2015
Dami
"A solid 1 rating overall"
I would not recommend staying here.
3 night business trip Mar 27, 2015
"Okay stay"
Many things in hotel need updating. Staff was intermittently helpful. Location was convenient.
7 night trip Mar 21, 2015
It worked for a business trip. We liked that it is next to the Metro train!
Other trip Apr 4, 2015
"Perfect for a spring training getaway"
Everything about my stay was very pleasant, there were just a couple of small inconveiniences. My keycard randomly stopped working in the middle of the day and I had to go get a new one. The staff did not seem surprised by this. I also had to request new towels because the cleaning staff took my old ones without replacing them. Overall though the room was clean and the location was perfectly located for my needs. Would stay again next time I'm in town.
3 night family trip Mar 27, 2015
Matthew
"Nope nope nope."
"Tell us about your stay." What stay? Oh yeah, we DIDNT stay. We arrived well after check in time only to realize our room wasn't ready. The girl at the front desk... took a personal call in the middle of check in. After said personal call ended, she told us to go ahead and drive around to our room and wait, that our room should be ready shortly. We waited. As we watched our room get cleaned, one of the guys ran out side while stomping something on the ground.. I'm assuming some sort of insect. That was the first warning sign. We waited for almost 30 minutes. Then another property manager approached our car and told us that we were not allowed to sit in our car and wait for our room that was supposed to be ready an hour ago. Long story short, we left. We checked into another hotel and thank GOOOOODNESS we did.
1 night romance trip Dec 6, 2014
"Tempe Hotel"
Hotel was dirty, staff was rude. They tried to charge a different rate than what it stated on our confirmation . Check in was over an hour trying to clear it up. Will not stay here again.
2 night family trip Mar 27, 2015
Roger Scott
Room was not clean when we arrived. The ice bucket was stuck to the counter by a red juice like liquid. This red stuff was also all over the counter. The walls and ceiling were all stained as well as the comforter. Terr were missing tiles in the bathroom floor and the drain in the bathtub was very corroded. The spa was broken as well and looked like urine water.
"terrible motel stay March 2015"
Terrible!
3 night family trip Mar 17, 2015
"Staff makes the difference"
The staff was excellent! Even though the carpet was stained and the two skimpy towels were thin, I enjoyed the stay because of Ivan and his very solicitous manner. It's a Motel 6, I stay at them all the time because they don't charge me extra for my chihuahua and often write reviews regarding my stays. You chose the hotel because you wanted an inexpensive bed, however other things do matter--the staff at this hotel ensures that I will be back.
1 night business trip Mar 18, 2015
Virginia
"Okay if you are just there to sleep"
Friendly front desk - espcially Ivan. Non-smoking room smelled a lot like smoke, but we were just there to sleep for two nights as we were out most of the day. No drawers, no refrigerator, minimum number of hangars.. Only soap for the bathroom but it was a good shower.. One hand towel and one bath towel in a room with two beds so we had to call to get more. Decor was very dated; very old TV. EXTREMELY annoying motion sensor light in the vanity area so that if you get up in the night to use the bathroom, you are blinded by a papparazzi-type flash. We usually have to pay a lot in Phoenix this time of year due to spring baseball training so it met our basic needs.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
"What to expect!"
Unfortunately this Motel is the only one in this area, that falls in our Company Per Diem rate. The staff is friendly but the Manager needs some brushing up in his manners and how he interacts with guests. Overall the Motel meets the rating pretty much.
3 night business trip Mar 17, 2015
"thank goodness for the light rail"
We stayed on the lower level and had to put a towel at the bottom of the door to cover the large gap. We also had to keep asking the front desk for towels since they would take but give us new ones in return. One great thing though the lite rail is right out the front door!
3 night romance trip Mar 13, 2015
Nathan
"WORST HOTEL EVER"
The neighbor hood wasn't the best and the rooms were nothing at all like the pictures shown on the website. The young man that checked us in was very pleasant and helpful. The first room we were in we sat on the bed and sank to the floor because the bed was broken, ok no problem do they put us in a different room. This room had a better bed but the remote control for the tv didn't work, one of the employees that we had seen at the front desk when we checked in was going by our room and we asked her about it and she said the remote was not for that tv and that she would check and see if they had the right one but she didn't think they did because they were short on the kind of remote and evidently they didn't have any because she never got back to us not even a phone call to our room. All I could think was why don't they just have the universal remote like most places? The room was dirty, the carpet had been badly patched, the bathroom was dirty and the faucet on the bath tub almost fell off when I tried to turn on the shower and if you are looking for amenities forget it not only did they not have blow dryer, they didn't have any shampoo or bath soap and there were two of us and they only gave us one towel. I would definetly not recommend this hotel to anyone and will never go back there again. It's not as if the room was only 50 or 60 dollars, it was 100.00 and not even worth 25.
1 night romance trip Mar 18, 2015
Kathleen
"Non smoking? Not the case."
It was unclean and felt shady- complete with extension cords leading from one room to the other. A non smoking room with cig burns everywhere and a terrible smell. Dented doors and broken missing stuff everywhere. Not ok.
Other trip Mar 21, 2015
Ginger
"Good enough."
Got there early and the staff was helpful getting a room ready for me by noon. Front desk staff was very friendly. You get what you pay for is true as the room was dated and well used. But the area seemed safe as there was a police station less than a block away. I would stay here again when traveling alone but I doubt my wife would want to.
2 night trip Mar 16, 2015
mark
"Who are these people writing good recommendations?"
After receiving a key to a room that was occupied by a very surprise man in his boxers, I was led to a room that looked to be a prime room in Fallujah. I know Motel 6 is a discount chain, but I was uncomfortable with all aspects of the location. Sleeping in your car and showering at a local gym would have been a preferred alternative.
1 night business trip Mar 16, 2015
"March 2015"
My boyfriend and I stayed here for just one night. It was a decent location and it wasn't terrible but definitely the worst hotel we stayed at all week. It just wasn't very clean, and there was a stain on one of our pillows. In the morning, I found a bug in our sink.
1 night romance trip Mar 11, 2015
"You get what you pay for."
After waiting at the front desk while two attendants serviced one other person for 10 minutes, I finally convinced one of them to help us. After getting our room keys, we found or room door wide open with a chair holding the door. From the smell of the room, I'm guessing they were trying to air it out. So our room was not secured, anyone could have went or been in there when we went in. Like I said, it smelled. Only three pillows for two double beds, unusable dresser drawers, very noisy bathroom fan, very old and worn towels.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
"Terrible dirty hotel"
This was my first experience staying at a Motel 6 definitely my last. our hotel room was filthy the floors look like they had never been washed There were black hairs on the floor in the bathtub on the towels it was disgusting. When we pulled back the covers of our bed our sheets had black stains on them as well as cigarette burns....really ? Yes cigarette burns!! completely unacceptable!!!!!! And our room reeked of cigarettes.....we checked out of the hotel by 6 AM we couldn't wait to get out of there. By the way, this is the first time I have ever reviewed a hotel but I don't want anyone else to have this horrible experience
Other trip Mar 14, 2015
kiki
"Our stay"
Everything worked out really well (especially at the desk - I think her name was Serenity - she was extremely helpful, welcoming and friendly) but the room itself must have once been a smoking room - there was the distinct smell of cigarettes, which was a pity. Other than that, we look forward to coming back.
1 night romance trip Mar 7, 2015
"Non-Smoking vs Smoking Rooms"
It was a non smoking room but it smelled like one. When we got home all of our clothes had to be washed as they smelled liked cigarettes.
4 night family trip Mar 4, 2015
"Training class for new job."
Quiet, restful sleep even though the hotel is on a Main Street and the Literail is right out front of the hotel.
1 night business trip Mar 1, 2015
Jeannine
"quiet neighborhood"
it was great...would stay again ...front desk....very helpful
3 night trip with friends Feb 25, 2015
james
"Cigarette smoke smell in non-smoking room"
I asked for a non smoking room- and supposedly got one. However, the smell of smoke in the room was terrible. I asked the hotel staff about it and they were great. They came in with a machine that removed the smell completely-- for awhile. By morning the smell was back full force. Nice neighborhood, very helpful, kind staff, and room looked okay for the price, but if you are allergic to/ do not enjoy cigarette smoke beware.
2 night trip Feb 20, 2015
"Great location, great price"
Newer Motel 6 in a nice area. Directly across from Light Rail and convenient to Enterprise rental car with free pick up and drop off. Easy to fly into PHX, rent a car off site and stay within minutes of the airport, via light rail, for a very reasonable price!
1 night romance trip Feb 24, 2015
Jane
"You won't find a better hotel at this price"
I picked this place because it had ridiculously high ratings on TripAdvisor (#5 out of 55 hotels in Tempe?) and location. Normally I stay in nice hotels but at $65/day I thought why not try to save a few bucks. The first night I could barely sleep. The guys next door had their TV on the entire night (till 6 am)...but outside of that and the typical clientele a place like this attracts, the hotel served its purpose well. The second night was fine...excellent even. When I left for the day, I left the Do Not Disturb sign on my door so no one would come in and mess with my belongings. It seemed to work. The room was clean, though I wish there was a shower mat and better towels. No toiletries so bring your own shampoo and stuff. I checked for bed-bugs...none. The carpet could use some shampooing but otherwise all surfaces were wiped down clean. There was an ice-bucket and four sealed plastic cups next to the sink. There was also a fridge and microwave. I would stay here again if I absolutely had to (located or to save money). When it's crowded here, you want to stay away (like Fridays). Most other days I'm sure are fine. The wireless isn't terribly fast but there were at least five access points you could connect to which was nice. And the staff was incredibly friendly.
2 night business trip Feb 20, 2015
Erich
"last minute booking"
room didn't have shampoo or conditioner. Room was dated and bedding was stale.
1 night business trip Feb 18, 2015
Staff were very friendly and helpful. Got more towels and pillows, upon request. Gave me locations of places that I needed to know
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
Bobbi
"Ridiculous"
Won't be staying at any motel 6 again. Nothing but problems with this chain. Arrived at 430 with no rooms available. Almost late to my appt. Super loud and obnoxious guests yelling outside all hours of the night. Hair all over my bed sheets. Only plus was the price.
1 night trip Feb 13, 2015
"So so stay"
The floor was dirty, bath towels were the size of face towls and only two, and they wanted $4.00 to use the WiFi, will not be staying there again
Other trip Feb 15, 2015
Eddie
"Never again!"
We came to town to see family, and even though the hotel was located in a nice area, we'll never stay there again. The bed sheets had cigarette holes in them and they never left any clean towels after removing the dirty ones. We had to call the front desk several times before we received the towels. Also, it was extremely frustrating that our room key never worked. we had to go to the front desk multiple times to have them fix it, to realize that it wasn't the key, it was the lock itself.
2 night family trip Feb 6, 2015
"Great for a motel 6"
Receptionist was very nice and was able to accommodate all of our needs.
1 night trip with friends Feb 1, 2015
"Trip to AZ"
Rooms were clean, but bathroom had mold on the ceiling and discoloration on the shower wall and tub. Also had cracked or broken tile and grout. Staff was pleasant and accommodating when asked for extra pillows.
1 night family trip Jan 29, 2015
Nathan
"more thorough cleaning next time after pets stay!"
carpet had a strong pet urine odor especially by the night stand between the bed, front desk was friendly called to ask on condition of room and how was everything, had a cold and that first night noticed the smell, could not change hotel or move to another room---so when to nearest grocery store bought container of carpet fresh and room was adequate, flat screen was a new fixture, only thing that would have made it half way nice if they would also update the linen on the bed
2 night business trip Jan 25, 2015
Edwin
"I would not recommend staying here."
The Hotel staff was great. The Hotel rate was outrageous. We were gouged because of the Superbowl which we were not there to see. The beds were hard and lumpy. Every sound around the area is transmitted into the room. The towels were worn and had large holes in them. Places should have two queens size beds instead of double beds.
1 night family trip Jan 30, 2015
"Dirty Motel 6 at ASU"
Room had linens on the bed that were dirty, tile broken in the bathroom, front door key card lock was broken so you couldn't open the door from the outside. Staff was nice
1 night business trip Jan 27, 2015
"I will never book Motel 6 again"
The hotel attendant was kind, but we ended up leaving and asking for a refund. The "non-smoking" room smelled heavily of cigarette smoke. There were yellow stains on the sheets and black stuff on the pillow cases. When we asked about getting a non-smoking room, we were told that because it was a motel 6, they basically couldn't stop people from smoking. All the rooms would be the same. The AC did not seem to be working properly. There were a lot of people hanging outside of our smoking late that night before we left demanding a refund. I did not feel safe.
1 night trip with friends Jan 29, 2015
"Nice room appearance"
Unlike other PHX Motel 6 rooms, these rooms are carpeted nicely, and some have frig and microwave. Pool unheated.
2 night business trip Jan 21, 2015
"Close to light rail and inexpensive"
I stayed the night here the night before running the P F Changs Marathon. The hotel staff was very nice and helpful. There is a light rail station right across the street. That worked out perfect to get to the race. The room was fine and the bed was comfy. If it weren't for the barking dog in the room next door, I would have gotten a good nights rest. I would stay here again for events at Tempe Beach Park or ASU for the convenience.
1 night trip Jan 17, 2015
Samantha
"Hotel Staff"
Although the motel itself was lacking, the staff was very friendly and accommodating. Especially Victoria and Serenity at the Front Desk. They were there at 3pm when we checked in and were still there when we checked out the next morning around 9am. Even though they were up all night, they remained friendly and cheerful. Amazing people you have working for you there. The cleanliness of the room was disappointing. including human hairs in the nightstand drawer (along with a desecrated Holy Bible), and bathtub. Hole in the sheets, no tissue in the tissue holder, and no shampoo provided which I found odd. I've stayed at several motels and have always been provided shampoo/conditioner. At check in Victoria asked me to let her know if there were any problems with our room so I did let her know about the lack of cleanliness. She was very apologetic and offered us free wi fi to compensate. She also addressed the issue with the housekeeper. Bottom line: You are lucky to have such amazing staff, they made up for the physical lack of appeal. I hope you acknowledge their good/hard work!! (Side Note: My sister's car was hit TWICE in the parking lot Saturday night and a man on a bicycle offered us crack.)
Other trip Jan 22, 2015
Sheri
"Pay 10$ more and stay elsewhere"
Would recommend your own towels, pillows, bedding, coffee maker etc! Had no towels in our room when we checked in, when we asked for them they brought up two of the smallest scratchiest horrible towels I've seen. There were no pool towels either so 3 of us that stayed in the room had 2 towels to shower and pool time with. Asked for more and there were no more available.
1 night family trip Jan 17, 2015
Sara
"This motel is disturbing and disgusting."
This motel is beyond dirty. Carpet, furniture is super old, stained and has cigarette burns everywhere. Sheets, towels and pillow cases are stained with God knows what? There is a non smoking sign in the room, but judging by the smell that is definely been ignored. Staff was nice, but there is no excuse for this. Shame on you motel 6!! Clean up your act and motel.
Other trip Jan 19, 2015