All hotels in San Francisco, California, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here444 Presidio Ave, San Francisco, CA, 94115, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Overpriced..."
I was taken back because the photo shown did not look like the hotel in person... The hotel is extremely dated and not worth the rate charged. I would not have paid more then $150. a night and it was double.
1 night business trip Apr 22, 2015
"Carmel"
Nice area Great reception
1 night family trip Apr 19, 2015
jo
"Great Spot!"
The room was clean the only downside was no fridge; we traveled with our 5 & 8 year old kids so we had snacks that needed to be kept cold. The had coffee and tea service all day which was nice. There is gated parking. The hotel is a quick drive to Fisherman's Wharf & Golden Gate Park. Overall it was a comfortable stay and we'll definitely stay again.
2 night family trip Mar 30, 2015
Monica
"Good family fun!"
Are stay was on a weekday. We were on the third floor,was quiet from all the street noise. Great bedding and a good nights sleep. Plenty of storage and good customer service. Would recommend and stay again!
1 night family trip Mar 24, 2015
mark
"Nice hotel, very friendly staff, well priced"
The staff was really friendly, the rooms look good and when I asked where to buy some bottled water coming back at night, the manager just offered me a bottle along with a snack for free.
1 night business trip Feb 24, 2015
"The little Hotel that could"
Very nice boutique hotel in the Presidio Heights district. For us this hotel was perfect for the location because it is close to my family. It's not the Ritz but it was kid friendly and we have 3 small kids. They also had free breakfast croissants and free wifi. The staff was friendly and although we didn't go there - the hotel bar looks fun too.
3 night family trip Feb 13, 2015
"Quick romantic getaway"
The room was nice. The noise outside took some getting used too.
1 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
Edwin
"My overnight stay"
The rooms was somewhat comfortable. A lot of noise from other rooms. Continental breakfast very limited. Didn't appreciate not being told up front that there would be extra charges for parking.
1 night business trip Feb 8, 2015
"Laurel busness and pleasure stay"
Staff was excellent, parking provided, hotel a little dated but neat and clean. Safe neighborhood close to dinning and bars. Wireless was good, no problems getting connected. Rooms were larger than I expected with a good view of the city.
2 night business trip Jan 15, 2015
"Sf business"
great stay. As always the staff took great care of me.
1 night business trip Jan 3, 2015
"great vacation"
A New Years vacation with my wife and my son who was able to vacation with us. The hotel was perfect location and met all our needs.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
retired and enj
"Great place for a family stay"
Nice clean cozy hotel with affable staff and great location in lovely residential neighborhood near the Presidio and Japantown. Easy garage self-parking allowed us to stash the car and explore the city by public transit and on foot. Our only critique is room-noise... The walls and floors are thin so we could hear all the comings and goings of other guests, plus some street noise. Not ideal for a light sleeper.
2 night family trip Dec 29, 2014
"Good Location/Needs upgrade"
Location was important because of appointment nearby. Hotel is situated in Richmond District of San Francisco, close to UCSF Medical Center/Clinics, Japantown. Haight-Ashbury area just 15 minutes away. Only stayed one night, so it was perfect for my purposes. Room decor a bit dated; bathroom is good sized, but sink/counter area was painted over...paint now flaking off around sink rim. Tacky, considering price.
1 night business trip Dec 28, 2014
Anna
"Great stay at the Laurel Inn"
We enjoyed our stay very much. We appreciated the parking garage, the large room and bathroom and the little kitchen was very handy. The hotel's location was great - close to wonderful shopping, great breakfast place and other restaurants. We definitely will come again.
8 night family trip Dec 4, 2014
Deborah
"HOTEL CONVENIENT To OUR KIDS & New baby"
All good save for a small but accidental "mix up" on specific room wanted. We now know the correct room number(s) to request on our next visit. Thanks especially to Clark for his help on this one!
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
Virginia
"Clean, great staff, convenient location."
Clean rooms, comfy bed, nice little kitchenette, parking in site, convenient location, quiet at night. Nice place.
PGF
"Location Location Location"
Always have a good time staying at the Laurel primarily because of its location; I do think that it is a little pricy for what it is as its not too sharp and can be very noisy with sirens etc but for me the location merits my booking.
2 night family trip Nov 13, 2014
sarah
"Overpriced, but OK."
Overpriced but OK.
1 night business trip Oct 30, 2014
"A "Sleeper" Hotel!"
I was a bit hesitant when I set foot in the Laurel Inn because, even though it is a boutique hotel - it is fairly dated on the inside. However, as I met the staff and got comfortable in my room, I really started to appreciate the property. Everyone there is super nice and ghe vibe is laid back and relaxed. The coffee and pastries in the morning are much better than your standard hotel offering and the cookies were a nice touch in the afternoon. Outside of this you also have an amazing neighborhood with lots of cool little boutique shops and quick access to crissy park for a stunning walk/jog to the Golden Gate Bridge! Ill definitely be back!
2 night business trip Oct 14, 2014
"Great Value for SF Hotel"
My stay was great. The bed was comfy and I had a kitchen in my room for my leftovers each night. The room could be a little stuffy and warm each evening as there is no airconditioning but turn on the fan and open the window for a few and it was pleasant and relaxing. Street noise was at a minimum as well. I am a light sleeper and even with the window open it was fine.
3 night business trip Sep 15, 2014
CJ
"Average Hotel"
I browsed San Francisco hotels for awhile and while I came to the conclusion that I would need to spend a ton of money to be in the area, I expected more for what I paid. Overall the hotel was fine, the infrastructure was definetely dated and it showed and while the room itself seemed clean the sheets were full of hair. I'm sure it was left over hair from the washer machine, but I had a better experience two days later when my flight was diverted and later cancelled in Indianapolis and I was forced to stay at an Airport Ramanda.
Other trip Aug 31, 2014
Love the neighborhood, great location. Nice friendly small hotel.
2 night trip Aug 11, 2014
Gail
"OK, but expecting more"
The hotel overall is fine and clean enough, but for the price I expect neater facilities and more cleaniness.
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
giorgio.raimond
"Looks better in pictures. The hotel is rather old"
The hotel is well located. The breakfast offered is only some pastries, but that is ok. No minibar, no refrigerator in the rooms. The bathrooms are a bit old. The hotel in missing a remodeling
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
german
"Nice hotel, convenient for UCSF out patient!"
The Hotel at the convenient location. Public bus stop right at the door. The free shuttle bus for UCSF just one block away. This make life easy for out patient UCSF short stay. It is a little bit expensive rate, but worth it!
Other trip Aug 8, 2014
Anh
"Nice older hotel in Laurel Heights."
We found the hotel to be convenient to Muni and also to nearby restaurants and shops in Laurel Heights.
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
"disappointed"
upon entering our room is was incredibly hot! There was one fan on. I went downstairs to ask for another fan and was informed that they were sold out and there are no additional fans, f/d agent suggested we open our window.I went back to our room and not only had to leave our door cracked open, but also opened up the window, which had no screen! One would expect during this heat wave that housekeeping would think to @ least attempt to cool the room down prior to guest arrivals. Our overall rating of the rooms was that they appeared to be an overpriced super 8 motel! I understand hip, re-modeled retro hotels- that's what we were expecting, this falls short of that experience.
2 night trip Jul 26, 2014
no complaints
4 night family trip Jul 4, 2014
"Alright hotel. Could be cleaner."
The bathrooms could be updated. Parking was a reasonable price. The staff was super nice and friendly. It was pretty much just a standard hotel. Nothing outstanding but it wasn't terrible.
"Not so boutique"
Just OK compared to other boutique hotels in the city. A little more effort in increasing aesthetics would go a long way. Missed the robe hanging in the closet and coffee in the room. On the positive side the bed was super comfortable and fresh and I liked having a sofa in the room. This hotel strikes me as one in need of a facelift, and they should invest in it because the neighborhood is safe and walkable and filled with boutique shops. The parking lot is a big plus.
4 night trip Jun 16, 2014
"Close to Mt. Zion"
This trip we traveled with our dogs and we were pleased with the accommodations and closeness to walking areas for them. Our room was large and very clean. It was easy to unload and reload. With the kitchenette we were able to do some eating in. It is located near several good eateries and walking distance to our Dr. appointment. Our only complaint was it was noisy as we were on the Sacramento/California side and did not have a view. It is pricey.
Other trip Jun 18, 2014
"Great location, good neighborhood."
Hotel well designed but needs some maintenance . I would go back if it was about $75 to $100 less. For what we paid I expected more.
Other trip Jun 11, 2014
"Good location for our family"
Five family members stayed for a long weekend . There was an initial mix-up about the number of rooms we'd reserved via Expedia. The front desk staff were not very competent. However, once things got straightened out, the rooms were OK. There's a nice care called Ella's across the street for brunch.
Other trip Jun 1, 2014
Geri
"Great area of San Francisco -- close to everything"
Loved the hotel -- very friendly staff and most helpful. We loved the fresh baked cookies in the afternoon and the fresh bakery items for breakfast. Great premium coffee and teas were available 24/7. The beds were extremely comfortable. Parking and available transportation were convenient.
Other trip May 12, 2014
Joy
"Good nieghborbhood and customer service"
The hotel room was very good. Location is in a good neighborhood. Customer Service was very good. Parking was $25 a day but convenient right in the hotel's garage. Opposite the hotel there is an amazing cafe for breakfast/brunch, with very good choices and good people. The only issue was the elevator seems a slightly worn out, some cosmetic fixes are needed.
2 night business trip May 1, 2014
Fahad Bijle
"Convenient, friendly, comfortable"
Located outside the tourist-centered sections of San Francisco, the Laurel Inn provides convenience and comfort from a very friendly and accommodating staff. The hotel has its own parking garage (often a challenge in the city) and easy access without waiting for valet service. The rooms are clean and comfortable, and our room had its own kitchenette. A cool little bar, Swank, is part of the property. Directly across the street is Ella's, a great diner that serves a delicious breakfast and lunch menu. On the adjacent corner, you can catch a bus that will take you all the way to Ferry Plaza for a mere two bucks. Great neighborhood, great staff, great hotel!
4 night trip Apr 24, 2014
Stan Massey
"Easy city living!"
Nice hotel located near Sacramento Street shops and eateries. Using the bus is super easy from this hotel. Can get to all attractions and activities. The kitchenette room gives a nice option above the standard room.
Other trip Apr 8, 2014
Peggy
"Great, cooperative staff!"
Scones in morning with fresh coffee and the morning paper are a nice touches.
7 night family trip Mar 25, 2014
AndyG
"Quality stay"
Overall, I was happy with this hotel. Front desk staff did their job, but weren't as pleasant as I'd like. Dog friendly hotel and I was a little weezy the first night we stayed. I think it may have been from previous room occupants. Coffee and snacks in the lobby were a nice touch and the bar next to the hotel was relaxing. Go across the street for breakfast and you will not be disappointed.
2 night business trip Feb 24, 2014
"clean, not too many rooms/people, good area"
overall very good with a few glitches with cleaning staff regarding towels, kitchenette cleaning.
Other trip Mar 6, 2014
"weekend getaway"
the hotel is conveniently located and parking is readliy available. A great coffee house by day and a wine bar by night with light food is located next door, SWANK.
Other trip Feb 25, 2014
Alex and Martie
"Hotel in Pacific heights is a great place to walk"
Visiting Aunt that lives in this area. Great area to walk and site see. convenient rental car parking. My 5th time to stay there.
Other trip Feb 23, 2014
"Great location near Presidio."
We needed a hotel near the Presidio and this was one of the few and certainly the best. It was a very pleasant hotel. Older building means there are some downsides (it was a very windy night and there are something banging against the outer wall). It was a perfect location, very nice hotel, parking garage at the hotel was super convenient. Loved the fresh pastries and coffee in the morning.
Other trip Feb 10, 2014
sismcdade
"smell"
hotel had terrible smell. pets everywhere in lobby. room had no AC. Room was on street so VERY loud. no food, bar next store was very limited offering, closed mid day upon my arrival. would never stay here again !
Response by Laurel Inn, a Joie de Vivre Boutique Hotel
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I am sorry to hear that our Pet friendly policy had an adverse affect on your experience. We do maintain a few pet restricted floors which I hope you will request the next time you visit.
Other trip Jan 15, 2014
"A pleasant place to stay"
I didn't try the hotel cafe/bar Swank, but had an excellent dinner at Garibaldi which is only a block away.
1 night trip Jan 6, 2014
Judith
We needed a hotel close to my son's apartment so this was one of our few choices. Walls were very thin and I could hear our neighbors conversation. No evening maintenance service so when our sink backed up we were forced to deal with it ourselves, but the hotel said they would give us a partial credit (not done yet). Hotel employees were very nice however.
2 night trip Dec 28, 2013
KSA
"City View"
This is an older hotel with a great location, especially if you are there to be near California Pacific Medical Center CPMC. The heating system for the rooms leaves a little to be desired but it was functional.
1 night family trip Dec 9, 2013
"San Fran - Short Stop"
We were in and out of the hotel in less than 20 hours. The location was great for us due to family members in the area plus the fact that it was close to the beautiful Presidio where we took a long run up and over the GG Bridge. The room itself was nice and clean however I felt the bathrooms were a bit outdated. The staff for the most part was friendly and quiet and the lounge was a great place to relax.
Other trip Nov 13, 2013
"Good Location"
Stayed here for a week. Great location. Great Jewish Community Center acrose the street with" state of the art" gym and spa facilities. Discounts for those who stay at the hotel. Nice and trendy hotel bar. Trader Joe's within walking distance!
7 night trip Nov 2, 2013
Albert
"good location"
The location is terrific, on bus and trolley routes, walking distance to good neighborhoods. I was not bothered by traffic noise. Clean room, good taste in design. Old hotel remade therefore room-to-room privacy is not great, but price and location make up for it. I will stay there again.
Other trip Oct 28, 2013