All hotels in San Francisco, California, United States of America
444 Presidio Ave, San Francisco, CA, 94115, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Delicious food
    Comfortable
    Breakfast is average
    Poor vibe
"Little gem in the city"
This was a very rushed business trip for me, so I had no opportunity to check out shopping etc. but this is a great little city hotel: clean, nicely upgraded, super friendly service, parking handy to lobby. They even have books, DVD's, and CD's to borrow in the lobby.
1 night business trip Feb 4, 2016
Pamela
Nice hotel but time for refurbishing. Like to be able to make coffee in room. Continental breakfast very limited. Comfortable and roomy room. Nice comfortable bed.
3 night romance trip Jan 29, 2016
Very impressed, nice staff, clean and good rates
1 night business trip Jan 30, 2016
Cydney
Hallways and and room on 3rd floor smell old and musty. Maybe some mold in the walls, who knows...
3 night family trip Jan 21, 2016
"will stay here again"
very nice personnel
Response by Laurel Inn, a Joie de Vivre Boutique Hotel
Thank you for taking the time to share your feed-back; your thoughtful comment about the staff warmed our hearts. We hope to welcome you back soon!
2 night romance trip Jan 14, 2016
Not a bad little boutique hotel, a bit overpriced, but its San Francisco
Response by Laurel Inn, a Joie de Vivre Boutique Hotel
We appreciate your thoughts on your visit and are glad you enjoyed the comfort our 'little' Inn. We make every effort to be of a great value to our guests; if there is flexibility in your future travel dates, we offer a variety of options. We hope to welcome you back!
2 night business trip Jan 11, 2016
quality of room was less than expected, $28.00 for parking was unexpected but staff and location were ok
1 night romance trip Dec 13, 2015
Loved the hotel except for reserving a king room and getting 2 double beds
1 night romance trip Oct 10, 2015
Not Provided
"Enjoyed it!"
Nice hotel, great location, lovely attentive and helpful staff.
6 night business trip Sep 29, 2015
"Needs renovation"
Hotel is in dire need of renovation. Nice neighborhood.
1 night business trip Sep 28, 2015
"Disappointment"
Overall we were somewhat disappointed starting with being assigned a room with 2 double beds instead of a room with a king bed as reserved at higher cost. Eventually we were gratefully switched to a room with a king bed by the manager who initially insisted the costs for the rooms were the same. It was readily apparent that the rooms have not been maintained well. There were cracks in the bathroom sink, mold and rust on the walls of the shower/tub, patches of not quite the right color paint on the cabinetry, something gritty on the kitchenette counter, a nonfunctioning outlet in the vanity area, etc. A small fan was provided and helpful on the very warm days given that there was no air conditioning. Ironically, there was a sheet on the desk touting the JDV quest for excellence. We hope JDV will invest in remodeling the rooms so that we may be more inclined to stay there in the future and recommend it to friends and relatives.
Other trip Oct 1, 2015
"No AC. Outdated motel poising as a cool boutique."
At $300 per night you would expect AC or Windows that open. Old outdated dumpy motel. Don't stay there. Terrible experience.
Other trip Sep 27, 2015
Jackie
"Nice hotel in a great neighborhood"
We enjoyed our stay. Loved the neighborhood. Took several walks through Presidio, to Palace of Fine Arts and to the Marina. The only negative was that there was no AC in the room and the window over the street had to be opened to let some breeze in. The staff was friendly, easy access to parking and the continental breakfast in the lobby was convenient, but could be improved with a selection of juices in addition to just hot beverages.
Response by Laurel Inn, a Joie de Vivre Boutique Hotel
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. I am also happy to tell you that we will be adding air conditioning in to all of our rooms when we renovate early next year. We look forward to having you stay with us again.
2 night family trip Sep 5, 2015
"Charming retro motor inn but flea-infested room"
The hotel is a charming, retro motor inn with nicely sized and appointed rooms in a quiet and safe neighborhood. However, my room - and bed - was flea infested, which I found fairly disgusting. When I mentioned this to the front desk, they thanked me for letting them know but offered no concessions. I won't be back.
1 night business trip Sep 2, 2015
Patrick
"Home away from home!"
Staff was friendly and very accommodating. They were above courteous and made us "outsiders" & "first-timers" feel very comfortable and welcomed.
Response by Laurel Inn, a Joie de Vivre Boutique Hotel
Thank you very much for your comments. It is our pleasure to ensure that our guests have memorable stays at the Laurel Inn. We look forward to your next visit with us. Mahalo, Clark Latterell General Manager
7 night family trip Aug 19, 2015
Toni
"Excellent staff but Ants!"
Excellent and accomadating staff but the room was full of Ants. We were careful to have no food or drink leftnout but I came back to my suitcase full of ants even after I kept it off the floor. Ants in the bathroom as well which is too bad as it could be a nice property with a helpful staff.
Response by Laurel Inn, a Joie de Vivre Boutique Hotel
Thank you very much for your response. I am terribly sorry for the inconvenience that was caused by ants in your room. I can certainly understand your frustration. Unfortunately, with the drought that we have been going through, we have recently experienced some challenges with ants as have may other businesses in the area. I can assure you that our staff is checking on this in every room on a daily basis. We are having our pest control company come out and treat every room professionally whenever we see any activity in our rooms. Once again, I would like to thank you for your feedback and assure you that this is a very important matter to us that we are addressing. Cordially, Clark Latterell General Manager
Other trip Aug 31, 2015
Great for visiting family living in neighborhood. Not near main tourist areas w/ many hotel options. Saves a lot a travel time.
Response by Laurel Inn, a Joie de Vivre Boutique Hotel
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay as well as our location. We look forward to you staying with us in the future.
2 night trip Aug 20, 2015
W
"Nice convenient hotel. Friendly and helpful staff!"
The only think I did not like about this hotel is that it does not have air conditioning, but the staff said that the hotel is planing to remodel and add air conditioning next year.
Response by Laurel Inn, a Joie de Vivre Boutique Hotel
I am very glad to see that overall you had a good stay at the Laurel Inn. While San Francisco has historically not needed air conditioning in the past, times have changed. As you mentioned, we are currently in the midst of getting items ordered for a model room. Once this is approved, we will be renovating all of our rooms as well as our public area. We are looking at having this project take place in the first and second quarters of 2016. This renovation will be extensive and definitely include air conditioning. We look forward to your return to the Laurel Inn. Cordially, Clark Latterell General Manager
Other trip Aug 22, 2015
"Review"
The stay was a short one, just two nights, but it was very enjoyable! The rooms were comfortably sized, as were the beds (I stayed in a two double). Everything was clean and comfortable. In addition, the staff was incredibly helpful, prompt, and enormously kind. If I had to say something was unsatisfactory, it would be the noise--cars and firetrucks often go by the street the hotel is on, but it's nothing that kept me from sleep, and it's part of being in the middle of the city. Would recommend this hotel to anyone!
Response by Laurel Inn, a Joie de Vivre Boutique Hotel
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I am very glad that your stay was enjoyable. At the same time, I am sorry about the noise that you heard from outside. We will be completing a total renovation of the hotel in the first two quarters of next year. At this time, we are planning on adding double pane windows to all of our rooms. This should eliminate any noise that you heard from outside. Thank you once again for staying with us. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance to you in the future. Sincerely, Clark Latterell General Manager
2 night family trip Aug 14, 2015
Melanie
Hotel staffs are not friendly nor kind. I do not feel comfortable to ask something. They never said hello to their guests.
Other trip Aug 9, 2015
New Yorker
"Great place to stay in SF>"
Everyone working at the hotel was very helpful and pleasant.
3 night trip with friends Jul 27, 2015
donna
We were on a family vacation in San Francisco and stayed at the Laurel inn for three nights. We found the room to be clean and the beds comfortable, even the extra roll away. It could have more drawers to put our things away. The neighborhood was nice and we felt safe there. I really liked that it had its own parking garage and you could come and go. A nice little hotel. I would stay there again.
3 night family trip Jul 23, 2015
"Close location to USF"
Very friendly staff. Comfortable beds. Shower was clean and updated. Can't wait to come back.
Other trip Jul 20, 2015
JoAnn
"No amenities; too far from activities, restaurants"
Hotel staff were pleasant. Room was not as reserved; instead of two double beds we had 1 double and a fold-away. Hotel was not in walking distance to anything. I would've spent more per night to be closer to restaurants and activities, and saved on taxi fare. Liked having kitchenette. Will book elsewhere in the future.
Other trip Jul 18, 2015
"Okay hotel"
The room was furnished well with a comfortable bed and nice bedding and towels. It was very clean and was close by where we needed to be. It was however, very noisy. The room as situated in a nook of the hallway right between the stairwell and elevator so everyone coming and going had to pass right in front of the doorway and we were aware of all the goings on in the room next door. For the price, we could have done much better.
Other trip Jul 12, 2015
There's no AC in the Hotel at all!!
3 night business trip Jul 6, 2015
"Basic, clean, family friendly"
It's a bit far away from everything, and takes 15-20 minutes by cable/bus to get to Fisherman's Wharf/Pier 39 or other main attractions. The front desk service was friendly & helpful. The hotel is older and could use a modern facelift, but it was clean. The beds were double sized, not queen. Breakfast was a bit minimal, but coffee, tea and water is available all day along with homemade cookies around 3 pm. It was expensive for what we got and parking was extra. It was a safe place to stay and staff was friendly.
2 night family trip Jul 3, 2015
We'd stayed here before with better results, and this time, I was just not a fan. Not sure what was going on in SF, but hotel rates were sky high and what we received for what we paid was definitely not in alignment. I will look elsewhere on my next SF visit.
1 night business trip Jun 16, 2015
"I'll stay again!"
One night in San Francisco. Very pleasant
1 night romance trip Jun 19, 2015
Bonnie
"Nice hotel out of the city center"
Overall, our stay was very nice. I deducted a little as the elevator was out for part of our stay and we were on the 2nd floor, which was actually the 3rd floor (ground level, 1st floor, 2nd floor). The room was clean and nicely furnished, with a large bathroom. We picked the location in order to avoid being downtown and it worked out well. The hotel is closer to The Presidio and Palace of Fine Arts. The staff was friendly and helpful. It was nice being able to do self-parking and not having to deal with a valet. With a few small, cosmetic upgrades (nothing vital) this hotel would really stand out. We would have no problem recommending Laurel Inn to others.
Other trip Jul 4, 2015
Kat
"I'd like to visit this hotel again"
Gentle, kind, professional staffs. Easy to use public transportations. A clean and comfortable room. I'd love to stay here again when I visit SF again.
Other trip Jun 29, 2015
YoungS
Very convenient to get around town. Bus stop in front of hotel. Close to neighborhood restaurants. Easy to get to downtown and Fisherman's Wharf.
Other trip Jun 27, 2015
"Not a hotel that looks for repeat business, sadly."
Front desk staff were always friendly, so I was surprised to learn that my request for a complimentary 4 pm checkout (after staying SEVEN nights and spending more than $2000) was denied. They said we could stay until 2 pm, but if I wanted to stay the additional 2 hours, they would have to charge me for half a night. Really? Thanks but no thanks. I did not push the issue as I have no right to a late checkout, but that kind of money-grubbing mentality is exactly why I will not be returning to that hotel for the rest of my planned stays this year (or in the future, for that matter). Oh, and the facilities themselves are pretty mediocre at best (with no air conditioning, mind you) - so I would definitely look elsewhere... especially if you want to stay in a hotel which appreciates your business!
Other trip Jun 22, 2015
R
"Nice stay with a few minor flaws"
The overall stay was great for the SF area, location was central to all of the areas point of interest. Some of the minor flaws were no ac, rust in the sink, and walls are thin. You can hear your neighbor well.
Other trip Jun 20, 2015
Very nice, quiet. Great location. Staff very nice and helpful. Easy Access to sites. Swank very nice bar
Other trip Jun 18, 2015
coco
"Great staff."
Great staff, very accommodating with every request. A few good restaurants close by.
Other trip Jun 14, 2015
Debbie
"Nice surprise!"
The housekeeping staff and the desk staff were all very friendly, and helpful during my stay. My room was very spacious, the bed very comfortable and the towels luxurious! I really quite enjoyed the hotel. It had easy access to bus transportation and when I had to get back to the airport, the receptionist arranged for a shared transport to get me there on time, at a minimal cost. Next time I go to SF, I will stay there again.
Other trip Jun 12, 2015
"Lovely Small Hotel in Great Neighborhood"
hotel was lovely in a great neighborhood. General appearance is a little tired, but very acceptable.
1 night business trip Jun 2, 2015
Colin
my wife and i stayed there due to the proximety to our daughters place. we enjoyed all the amenities, like the fresh baked cookies, pastries in the morning and thefree drink at swanks adjacient to tho hotel.
Other trip May 22, 2015
"Welcoming environment"
Very nice people. Clean, comfortable, affordable and takes pets!!! I was impressed and didn't have to break the bank. Coming back!
1 night business trip May 19, 2015
Nicole
"Amazing Staff !"
We had a terrific stay. We had 7 rooms for a week, as we were visiting SF on a business project. The Staff of the hotel - including everyone !! - were amazing ! Sooo accommodating and caring about our needs. I trully can't express our gratitude for their disposition during our stay. Thank you again ! You guys "make" the Hotel ! The hotel itself is nice. Nothing to brag about. Comfortable, clean and great puffy white towels !! Could be touched up and polished a little more to my taste. The location was my favorite part!! - I dislike tourist traps and downtown / Union square are full of them - Laurel Hights is one of the most beautiful real neighborhoods In the city.- Walk around Laurel Ave , Sacramento & Lyon street .. Just to mention few. Wonderful SF lifestyle.! In a few words, the hotel was much more than I expected.- Thank you again for all Your help.
2 night business trip May 12, 2015
Rodolfo
"Nice, moderate hotel in a residential neighborhood"
A small, homey inn on a great street in a good neighborhood. Bus stop at the corner. My only complaint was a coffeemaker in the room would have been nice in addition to the fresh coffee in the lobby at all times; and it disturbed me that there was not more in the way of a continental breakfast. A tray of sweet pastries was put out every morning, but something non-sweet would also have been appreciated. Rug in room could have been cleaner. However, the rate was good, the staff obliging, housekeeping reliable and I felt safe there.
7 night romance trip May 9, 2015
"Highly Recommended"
Great hotel! Not sure if it's mentioned in the listing, but there is a small kitchen in case you bring your own things to prepare. But there are so many great places to eat within walking distance that you don't really need it. Dog friendly and customer friendly staff! We enjoyed our stay very much and would highly recommend this place in the future. Thanks!
1 night romance trip May 15, 2015
Jeremy
"Presidio Business Trip - May 2015"
Loved the location of this hotel, and the staff was very friendly and accommodating. The only issues I encountered were that the internet was spotty (even after purchasing the upgraded service), and the tv in my room didn't work. To be fair, I didn't call to report either issue as I was only in my room for a short while, but both would have been an annoyance had I stayed longer. I'd still stay here again, and likely recommend the hotel to others.
1 night business trip May 12, 2015
"Great Neighborhood"
Lovely small motel with comfortable, spacious accommodations. Great neighborhood to explore, great restaurants and good shopping.
Other trip May 13, 2015
Frannie
"Amazing hotel"
Oh my gosh, the bed and pillows are amazing!! The room was super clean and up-dated even though the building is on the older side. It was a little noise next to the street, but I'm also not accustomed to traffic next to my house. I would unreservedly recommend this hotel to everyone!
1 night family trip May 10, 2015
Holly
"Stay"
Staff was helpful and the food was excellent. Cute little bar. Would stay again.
3 night trip May 7, 2015
Brooke
"Weekend getaway"
We were pleasantly surprised when we opened the door to our room. It was much more spacious, modern, and clean than we thought it might be compared to the basic lobby. The location was conveniently located near the Presidio and, Disney Museum, De Young Museum. Parking a bit expensive, but we were lucky to find a free space right in front of the hotel and we left in the morning before the 9am weekend meters started.
1 night family trip May 8, 2015
Valerie
Great hotel, safe neighborhood, within walking distance to good restaurants and shopping. Dedicated parking.
Other trip May 11, 2015