All hotels in San Francisco, California, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here444 Presidio Ave, San Francisco, CA, 94115, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Great location near Presidio."
We needed a hotel near the Presidio and this was one of the few and certainly the best. It was a very pleasant hotel. Older building means there are some downsides (it was a very windy night and there are something banging against the outer wall). It was a perfect location, very nice hotel, parking garage at the hotel was super convenient. Loved the fresh pastries and coffee in the morning.
Other trip Feb 10, 2014
sismcdade
"smell"
hotel had terrible smell. pets everywhere in lobby. room had no AC. Room was on street so VERY loud. no food, bar next store was very limited offering, closed mid day upon my arrival. would never stay here again !
Response by Laurel Inn, a Joie de Vivre Boutique Hotel
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I am sorry to hear that our Pet friendly policy had an adverse affect on your experience. We do maintain a few pet restricted floors which I hope you will request the next time you visit.
Other trip Jan 15, 2014
"A pleasant place to stay"
I didn't try the hotel cafe/bar Swank, but had an excellent dinner at Garibaldi which is only a block away.
1 night trip Jan 6, 2014
Judith
We needed a hotel close to my son's apartment so this was one of our few choices. Walls were very thin and I could hear our neighbors conversation. No evening maintenance service so when our sink backed up we were forced to deal with it ourselves, but the hotel said they would give us a partial credit (not done yet). Hotel employees were very nice however.
2 night trip Dec 28, 2013
KSA
"City View"
This is an older hotel with a great location, especially if you are there to be near California Pacific Medical Center CPMC. The heating system for the rooms leaves a little to be desired but it was functional.
1 night family trip Dec 9, 2013
"San Fran - Short Stop"
We were in and out of the hotel in less than 20 hours. The location was great for us due to family members in the area plus the fact that it was close to the beautiful Presidio where we took a long run up and over the GG Bridge. The room itself was nice and clean however I felt the bathrooms were a bit outdated. The staff for the most part was friendly and quiet and the lounge was a great place to relax.
Other trip Nov 13, 2013
"Good Location"
Stayed here for a week. Great location. Great Jewish Community Center acrose the street with" state of the art" gym and spa facilities. Discounts for those who stay at the hotel. Nice and trendy hotel bar. Trader Joe's within walking distance!
7 night trip Nov 2, 2013
Albert
"good location"
The location is terrific, on bus and trolley routes, walking distance to good neighborhoods. I was not bothered by traffic noise. Clean room, good taste in design. Old hotel remade therefore room-to-room privacy is not great, but price and location make up for it. I will stay there again.
Other trip Oct 28, 2013
Reuel
"Bad hotel experience"
This hotel is way over priced. The location is relatively convenient with good parking. However, the rooms are very outdated and not well kept. Worst of all is that sound carries through the hallway and stairway and into the rooms. So we heard everything happening in the middle of the night.
Response by Laurel Inn, a Joie de Vivre Boutique Hotel
We are glad to hear you enjoyed the location of the hotel and our valet parking service. We have recently undergone a renovation of the hotel and we hope you visit us again so you can see our new look.
1 night romance trip Oct 19, 2013
"Great location and awesome staff"
This is an older building that has been renovated into a boutique hotel. We loved it! Very clean, quiet, and comfy. Tea, coffee, lemonade and cookies 24x7! And the service was excellent. I expected it to have thin walls but this was not the case at all - super quiet. No Airconditioning but we wouldn't have used it anyway.
3 night business trip Sep 11, 2013
"loud hotel."
This hotel was very noisy. It is on the electric bus line route and you hear traffic and bus noise all night. Additionally, the walls and windows are quite thin and that makes it even noisier. I also found it to be stuffy, and didn't want to open the window as it made it louder. If you don't mind noise, everything else at the hotel was fine.
Other trip Sep 14, 2013
"Simple, very comfortable hotel in a good location."
I felt safe and comfortable. The staff was very pleasant, polite and helpful. I like the location very much. It's quiet and within walking distance of the bay, lovely neighborhoods, parks and shopping areas. My room was spacious and pleasant and provided all the necessary amenities. The coffee and cocktail bar connected to the hotel was another pleasant convenience.
Other trip Sep 6, 2013
"Great Hotel , everything within walking distance."
Very pleasant hotel, will return every time we go to San Francisco. Close to USF and shopping and restaurants within walking distance. The staff was helpful and parking is available on site. There is a nice bar attached with good appetizers and drinks.
Other trip Aug 22, 2013
USF MOM
"Very quiet, pleasant, staff was excellent."
Swank restaurant was delicious, Hotel was wonderful GREAT CITY VIEW.
Other trip Aug 20, 2013
Leslie
"Incredibly overpriced"
This hotel was incredibly overpriced for the quality of the hotel.
Response by Laurel Inn, a Joie de Vivre Boutique Hotel
We are sorry you didn't think the hotel was a good value. We have recently renovated and hope the next time you are in town you visit us again to see our new design and upgraded services including 42" flat panel televisions and blackout drapery.
5 night business trip Aug 12, 2013
"Nice hotel close to UCSF."
The hotel was very roomy and clean. Would be better with a room fan to circulate the outside air.
Other trip Aug 17, 2013
"needs improvement for the cost!"
Room not ready at 3:00; had to wait 30 minutes....trash not emptied and bathroom floor not even swept. Doors don't seal so light from hall way and outside noise enter room all night long!
Other trip Aug 16, 2013
"loved it"
perfect location..did not want to be downtown..loved the coffee bar and bar
Other trip Aug 8, 2013
Stayed at the Laurel for 5 nights. Very pleasent atmosphere. The complimentary coffee and fresh lemonade with cookies in the lobby are a real treat. The location is great - bus stops right outside and go to Union square. Another nice aspect is the well equipped fitness center right across the street. Acouple of good restaurants are within walking distance. All in all - a very positive experience.
Other trip Aug 7, 2013
Moshe
"Nice, clean hotel but outdated."
Found hotel to be very clean with very comfortable beds but noisy. I would advise staying on the back side of hotel away from street. Very busy intersection with bus stops. We found room nice but bathroom and rugs could use a upgrade. The room felt dated. I think a few minor adjustments, new countertops,rugs and windows would make a big difference.
Other trip Jul 29, 2013
nanlee
"Personal service, great location!"
I wanted to stay in a "neighborhood" away from Fisherman's Wharf and Union Square, and this was perfect. Close to boutiques, resale shops, good restaurants (particularly Ellas across the street for breakfast!), and right on the bus line. The front office staff was responsive, friendly, and personal. The room was clean and beds were comfortable! If you want a less touristy SF experience, this is it.
Other trip Jul 28, 2013
"Very convenient for UCSF shuttle to hospital"
The perfect location for getting to and from UCSF Medical Center without paying for a taxi. The neighborhood has a choice of restaurants within walking distance.
1 night trip Jul 21, 2013
"Average Hotel, Great Service"
The service we received from everyone, especially Tanya at the front desk and Raymond at the bar, was outstanding. They were very friendly, informative, and helpful. The room itself was very mediocre and the hallways looked like they were in the middle of a renovation with paint on the carpets and holes in the walls. Given the price, I expected a bit more.
1 night business trip Jul 8, 2013
"very nice"
great place in good neighborhood.
Response by Laurel Inn, a Joie de Vivre Boutique Hotel
I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again soon!
1 night trip Jun 8, 2013
"Well located but problematical"
We had to CHANGE ROOMS TWICE before getting one that was fairly comfortable. That means we were comfortable for only two of the four days we were there, which is not acceptable. (We have stayed here before, twice, with no problems but all rooms are not equal.) The main problem is the very spare furnishings which leave little surface space. In this grade of room, they provide one very small table - barely large enough for a laptop. (The only chairs are armchairs, therefore use of table is impossible for food consumption.) There was no other table or surface on which to place items . We had to place items on the floor. There is one piece of furniture which doubles as dresser + TV/dvd stand (therefore no surface on top). A night table has neither drawers or shelves; the top is almost totally covered by phones and lamps. Two front desk clerks tried to help us and one succeeded but not before we spent a 2nd night in a small room beside the elevator.
Response by Laurel Inn, a Joie de Vivre Boutique Hotel
Dear B.J. - I am very sorry that you were unhappy with the set up of your first two rooms. As you have stayed before and enjoyed the rooms, we would be happy to note your personal room preferences on your guest profile. The next time you book, please ask us to look up your past room numbers and we can find the ones that you prefer and make the appropriate notes. Our primary goal is our guest's comfort and we want to ensure you continue to enjoy your stays with us!
Other trip Jun 11, 2013
B.J.
"Great Motel with a friendly staff."
We found the accommodations quite pleasing and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and told us about great restaurants in the area. Our room was very clean. You didn't feel you had to put your shoes on to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night. I would recommend the Laurel Inn to my friends and I would definitely stay there again.
Response by Laurel Inn, a Joie de Vivre Boutique Hotel
Dear Mike, I am so glad that you and your friends enjoyed your stay with us! Our staff have been here for years and take a lot of personal pride in the hotel. I will be sure to share your comments with them. We hope to see you again soon!
Other trip Jun 8, 2013
"Worked in neighborhood when hotel was reclaimed"
I had passed this hotel 100's of times and watched as it became a boutique hotel from just a 2 1/2 star hotel. I always wanted to stay but it was usually booked. I understand now that it was always booked because of the convenience, kitchenette, and what comfort it offers. It is not luxurious as I had assumed a Joie de Vivre Boutique would be. The bed was great, but the bath was spartan (no tub at all, toilet behind the door so inconvenient, shower pan was peeling) and there were basically no amenities (no hot tub, pool, etc but has relationship with JCC gym across the street that I did not have time to try). It was pricey considering those things.
Response by Laurel Inn, a Joie de Vivre Boutique Hotel
Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. I am so glad that you decided to give us a try after all this time. We are constantly working to improve our hotel and in fact are in the middle of renovating our hallways this month. We are also working on proposed designs for our guestrooms and bathrooms that will remedy the issues you found during your stay. While it doesn't look like we'll be adding a pool anytime soon, we do have discount passes for the JCC directly across the street and they have an amazing facility. Thank you again for your time!
Other trip Jun 8, 2013
I owe a home in San Francisco but needed to be geographically closer to where the Laurel Inn is located so stayed there. It was such a nice surprise. I have driven by it for years. The staff was friendly and helpful. Rooms clean, and a great location for walking to restaurants and getting to other parts of the city. I enjoyed it.
Response by Laurel Inn, a Joie de Vivre Boutique Hotel
Dear Chloe, I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! We'd love to have you back again soon!
Other trip Jun 1, 2013
Chloe
"Close to Many good things."
Golden Gate Park, the Presidio, U.C.S.F. and University of S. F. I was happy with the room, I did feel it was overpriced. The staff to a person were super (not just very) friendly and helpful. I like staying in this part of the City because it is more of a genuine neighborhood.
Other trip May 18, 2013
"Horrible hotel"
The location is great, however I don't have much else nice to say about the hotel. The hallways and room smell of mildew. The rooms were not adequately clean. Cleaning supplies were left in the hallways. This is a bottom of the barrel hotel/motel.
Response by Laurel Inn, a Joie de Vivre Boutique Hotel
Dear Charlie, Thank you for telling us about your stay. I am very sorry that you found issues with our housekeeping team. I have been working with the team to update our standards and renew training. I am confident that we have remedied the issues you found in your room. We are also currently renovating all of our guest corridors. Again, thank you for your time and feedback.
4 night business trip May 3, 2013
"close to Presidio Park"
Great! Walked to Presidio Park with ease and just a little hike to the water. Room was clean and comfortable and didn't feel like just another chain, which was refreshing.
3 night business trip Apr 30, 2013
"Great location and service"
We have stayed here many times and are always pleased with the service and location. The staff is extremely helpful and friendly. Many restaurants, shops and transportation within walking distance. Safe neighborhood. Bar/coffee shop attached to hotel. Hotel is always clean and welcoming.
8 night family trip Apr 16, 2013
jan
"Great neighborhood to connect w/friends!"
Rooms need magnifying make-up mirrors!
2 night business trip Apr 3, 2013
"no repeat business"
For $200 plus per night I thought a small refrigerator in the room would be standard. Not available. Parking was unavailable on Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons. I was told that the ownership of the hotel had customers from another hotel in the area park where I could not.
Response by Laurel Inn, a Joie de Vivre Boutique Hotel
Dear Traveler, First, thank you for your time and feedback on your recent stay. I am very sorry that we fell short of your expectations. I understand your frustration with the parking on Wednesday afternoon. As you may have heard, President Obama was in the area and the street closures impacted the neighborhood parking a great deal. Our parking attendant was quite busy as a result and even stayed late to help our guests park. I can assure that this is not a normal occurance for the hotel and again apologize for the inconvenience you suffered. I do hope that you will return and give us another shot on a less presidential week! Warmest regards, Katie
Other trip Apr 8, 2013
"Musty place!"
There was a musty smell in the hallways that threatened to drift into the room so we had to keep our windows open. We paid $249.00 for one night plus $25.00 parking plus, plus, plus. Very mediocre. Only saving grace was the friendliness and helpfulness of the desk staff. Also, it is a pet friendly hotel, and they had a dish of water and a jar of treats for your pets (of which we had none - just reporting this for those of you who do).
Response by Laurel Inn, a Joie de Vivre Boutique Hotel
Christine, Thank you for telling us about your recent stay. We are actually about to start renovating our corridors at the end of the month. I am confident that our new carpet, wallcovering, and fresh look will quickly remedy the issues you noted. I hope that you will return to check out our new look! I will be sure to pass along your compliments to our staff as well. Safe travels, Katie
Other trip Mar 28, 2013
Christine
"close to our daughter's home"
The staff was friendly and helpful but the bathroom in the room was not up to standard, the shower was old and the toilet didn't work properly. definitely not the quality you would expect in a 4 star hotel. The price is a little too high and not competitive with the similar priced hotels downtown... it was convenient for us because our daughter lives in the area and we wanted to be within walking distance of her apartment
Response by Laurel Inn, a Joie de Vivre Boutique Hotel
Dear Traveler, Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am so glad that you enjoyed the staff and our location. I am sorry that our bathrooms fell short of your expectations. We are actually working with a designer on some new ideas for these rooms that will update and refresh this space. Again, thank you for your time and we hope to see you again on a future visit with your daughter. Warmest regards, Katie
3 night family trip Mar 23, 2013
"Laurels to the Laurel Inn"
I absolutely love this hotel! The staff is always friendly and helpful. The rooms are comfortable and clean. Lastly, I find the location to be very central and a nice break-away from the more tourist-centered parts of the city. The bar downstairs is also convenient with wonderful staff, good food, and pleasant patronage. This is my go-to place if I am ever in the city!
Response by Laurel Inn, a Joie de Vivre Boutique Hotel
Thank you Lailani! We are so happy to be your home away from home. I completely agree that our location offers a nice break from the more touristy neighborhoods, without losing access to transportation, shopping and sights. I will be sure to pass along your compliments to our staff. We hope to see you again soon. Safe travels! Katie
Other trip Feb 27, 2013
Lailani
"Disgusting Smell"
I was surprised at the shoddy quality of this hotel. My room had a disgusting, dank smell that was so offensive, I had to sleep with a scarf over my nose. Very disappointing.
Response by Laurel Inn, a Joie de Vivre Boutique Hotel
Samantha, I am very sorry that we fell so short of your expectations. I am quite surprised that you encountered such a smell in one of our rooms. I am working with our housekeeping team on a deep clean of all of our rooms currently, so I am confident that this issue has been resolved. Again, thank you for letting us know so that we can remedy the issue quickly. Safe travels, Katie
1 night trip Feb 12, 2013
"A fantastic stay!"
My wife, dog and I stayed last weekend and really enjoyed our stay. The hotel is pet friendly, which was a big factor for us staying there. The staff was great and the rooms are everything you need, especially since most of your time will be spent out in the city. Definitely staying here next time I'm in SF.
Response by Laurel Inn, a Joie de Vivre Boutique Hotel
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again soon!
1 night trip Dec 22, 2012
The Hotel was perfect for what I needed, walking distance to a conference, safe neighborhood, and a lot of diverse amenities for shopping and eating without driving. I loved the neighborhood. The staff was helpful when we checked in and when we blew a fuse, too many hairdryers at once, they were timely in fixing it. I would stay there again.
2 night business trip Nov 12, 2012
P. Esser
"Great neighborhood find"
Gracious. Pleasant. Surprisingly quiet. Great location for our purposes.
Other trip Oct 29, 2012
i wish there was an air conditioner in the room, rest everything was perfect..
3 night trip Oct 15, 2012
"ideal for all"
The staff was most accomadating and knowledgeable of the Bay area, location was great with food and transportation near by. Very clean.
Response by Laurel Inn, a Joie de Vivre Boutique Hotel
I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again soon!
Other trip Oct 17, 2012
"Close to UCSF"
Staff was nice, gave drink coupons to Swank bar next to hotel. Swank bar had decent food and friendly staff
Business trip Sep 28, 2012
"Great Boutique Hotel"
Great service, clean rooms, fantastic place to go for a jog, good local restaurants and possibly the best blueberry scone I have ever tasted!
3 night business trip Sep 18, 2012
Tom B.
"Old and tired."
Although the hotel was clean and everything worked it is simply old and tired. What is worse is that the bathroom was horrible. Dirty, out of date, rusted sink just to name a few. The hotel manager said the bathrooms at the hotel are going to be remodeled but no date set. Until the bath is redone I will not stay there again.
Response by Laurel Inn, a Joie de Vivre Boutique Hotel
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very sorry that we fell so short of your expectations. The manager you spoke with is correct, we have a major renovation planned for Fall/Winter of 2013. We are currently working with a designer and can't wait to unveil our new look! Please stay in touch with us as we'd love to have you back after the renovation.
Other trip Sep 4, 2012
Marshall
It smelt like I was at grandma's house. I got in after a long day of travel and took my shoes off and went to turn on the light on the other side of the room and felt something sticky under my foot. Not sure what it was as I avoided that area the rest of the stay. Not a good start!
3 night trip Aug 27, 2012
"Won't stay here again."
The lobby was modern and fresh. The room (#203) upstairs was like we entered a motel 6 somewhere along the interstate. Carpet was stained, the bathroom was old and in need of repairs: peeling paint on the walls, many times patched floor tiles missing grout, the sink had been painted and was peeling up, and the countertop paint was peeling off. The bedroom itself was very spartan and devoid of any charm. Being in San Francisco the room did not have A/C, but having a western exposure it was quite hot. We could not open the window because of the street noise and construction noise. The manager Mr Oo was very helpful and kind. Three of his counter persons had to be jump started into the customer service mode. They were not friendly when initally approached, but after some banter their soft side emerged. The continental breakfast was just that: pastries and coffee/tea, no juice. We went down the street for breakfast. Good location with many restaurants nearby.
Response by Laurel Inn, a Joie de Vivre Boutique Hotel
Thank you for telling us about your recent stay. I am very sorry that you had such a poor experience with both the rooms and the staff. We are in the middle of creating a design for renovating all of our guestrooms, and especially our bathrooms. I will personally follow up with all of our staff to ensure they are giving the warm and friendly service that I know them capable of. Thank you again for this feedback as it is only with comments like yours that we can address our weaknesses and ensure the superior service that we strive for.
Other trip Aug 27, 2012
jack
"Hidden Gem"
Stayed here for a family vacation to SF. What a pleasant find!... tucked away in Laurel Hill, this hotel embodies simple elegance. Not alot of extras, e.g. fitness room or restaurant, but the essentialls are there and are provided well. The staff was fantastic and friendly. And while the location was not in the midst of typical tourist destinations (which for us was a plus), it is fairly centrally located. The price was very reasonable too.
3 night trip Aug 18, 2012
"Close to Ella's, not far from park"
Nice hotel in a neigbhorhood not near the tourists. If your looking for heavy tourist areas this isnt the hotel for you.
2 night trip Aug 15, 2012