All hotels in New Orleans, Louisiana, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here12340 I-10 Service Road, New Orleans, LA, 70128, United States of America, ‏‎866-538-6206

2.9
    2.7
"I should have know"
Everything I read about the Hotel was true. It was fairly priced and you get what you pay for. My room was never cleaned for four (4) days, and the head of housekeeping, told me it would be, yeah right!! No new towels, air conditioner did not get cold, tub drained at a snails pace, someone in housekeeping drug a wet bag of trash across the carpet, floor and into the elevator, and left a trail of sticky goo all over the place. And the hall carpet was never cleaned. The front desk clerks were professional but could do nothing about the issues. And I am sure the management will place the same old tired canned answer on this comment as they have in the past, if it even gets posted. It is a nice hotel, and if management took managing seriously, they could do more business. But if management and the owners don't care, neither will the employees. If you have a choice, and I have traveled extensively, I would not stay here, it was not even worth the price I paid. Do yourself a favor and go somewhere else. It seems that caring about customers at this hotel was washed away when the waters from Katrina receded.
3 night trip Mar 20, 2014
Steven C. Jones
"great staff"
No problems what so ever. Close to everything we had to do. Great breakfast. Easy to find.
Other trip Mar 26, 2014
"They messed up my reservation"
They put me for the wrong day the lady fixed it. There was only one Door to go in and out of the hallway to the room was filthy there were bad children outside in the hallway running screaming jumping for hours never will stay there again
1 night trip Mar 22, 2014
Moneka
I had only had one problem with my room it stinked. But my in-laws had no problem with their room
3 night trip Mar 10, 2014
"Been there, done that, won't ever do it again . ."
When we arrived, we were informed that Expedia had made a mistake and booked us a smoking room -- we hadn't: we wanted nonsmoking. There weren't enough towels in the room, but there was mold and mildew in the bathroom. My wife went down to the desk late that night and got towels from the desk clerk, although we had been insured that they would be delivered to the room. The elevator floor was sticky enough that our shoes stuck to it. The breakfast room was supposed to open at 7:00 a.m., but the woman in charge didn't show up until 7:30. We missed breakfast entirely because we had to be at the train terminal. My wife went to the rest room in hotel lobby, but she found that none of the stalls had toilet tissue in them, and there were no paper towels. Although the staff were friendly enough to talk with, none of them seemed interested enough in the hotel's problems to do anything about them. We definitely won't be going back, and we're writing a letter of complaint to the hotel corporate offices.
Other trip Mar 16, 2014
"Staff was the only positive at this hotel"
When we arrived and checked into our rooms, we found that instead of the 2 non-smoking rooms with double beds that we had requested, we were put into two smoking rooms (1 with a king bed only and 1 with a king/sofa sleeper) that did not allow for sleeping space for the 8 people we were traveling with. We informed the hotel staff that we could make the king/sofa sleeper work but the other room we could not. Luckily, the staff was amicable enough to search and find that they had a dirty room with king/sofa sleeper that they were willing to clean for us to have at least enough sleeping space, which they did and that was great. However, there were no blankets on any of the beds/sofa sleepers in either room and the hotel staff stated that they did not have any available to give us so we only had sheets to cover with. Also, when we asked for additional towels, we were also told they had none available. Ok, towels maybe you only account for a certain number for each room, but no blankets??? Shouldn't there be at least one blanket for each bed/sleeper within the hotel? Plus at least a few extra?? We were also informed that breakfast was open until 10 am, which it was but we were told that they ran out of food?? Seriously, ran out when we show up at 9:30 am?? Doesn't seem like management gives the staff the support they need to run a great hotel during the busy holiday week times. Sad, that the staff smiles were the only thing memorable about our stay here. Wont be back!
Other trip Mar 14, 2014
"A horrible experience"
This was probably the worst hotel stay I've ever had. People were yelling and arguing almost all night and it sounded like the man was physically abusing his wife. Management was called about this and said they tend to it immediately, but it continued for at least another half hour. By then it was 5 AM and the night's rest was a total loss. I feel like I was robbed. Also,. the room had not been cleaned well and the hallway looked like it hadn't been vacuumed in many days.
2 night trip Mar 7, 2014
"Very Disappointed"
The lobby was clean and attractive; the staff was very friendly however the hallway and room were very musty and smelled like stale cigarette smoke. The carpet in the hallway really needed to be vacuumed. In our 5 night stay the bedding was never changed, the bathroom was never cleaned, and the carpet was never vacuumed. We had to search for housekeeping just to get extra towels. The bathroom was not in good shape when we arrived. I checked in extremely late and had I not been so exhausted I would have requested a room change. But after chatting with other guests the following day it would not have done any good since their rooms/issues were the same as mine. I was very unhappy and would not recommend this hotel.
6 night family trip Feb 27, 2014
Nicki Benson
"Great place to stay just outside of the city."
Close enough to a bus stop for all transportation without the pain of travelling in your own car. It's located in a safe area and the staff were kind and courteous.
3 night trip with friends Feb 28, 2014
chris jackson
"Comfortable"
I enjoyed my stay ,it was quite ,the location was outside the city not to far but far enough ,the staff was friendly. When i come back to visit my kids i will stay again at the Baymont
Response by Baymont Inn and Suites New Orleans
We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us at the Baymont Inn & Suites New Orleans and thank you for the feedback! It is wonderful to hear from our valued customers and appreciate your patronage. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
3 night family trip Feb 27, 2014
Tamara Martin
"Mardi Gras visitor"
The only issue my boyfriend and I experienced was the shower head caused the bathroom floor to flood with water. The front desk staff were friendly and proficient with the check in process. Overall, we enjoyed our stay and would stay here again!
2 night trip with friends Feb 28, 2014
Raven
"Filthy place. Don't think you'll get lucky"
After reading the reviews I was insure because they were about half good and half bad. But the half of the reviews that are good are definitely from the hotel management. This place smells terrible, regardless of whether you get non smoking room. The box springs are disgusting brown with no sheets to even cover how nasty it is. Non of the lights in our room worked, except one floor lamp. Towel racks literally hanging out of the sheet rock! It's cheap, but you absolutely get what you pay for to say the least.
Other trip Mar 3, 2014
Nola Travler
"Awful"
The hotel is stinky. It needs work really bad.
7 night business trip Feb 17, 2014
Smoke smell throughout facility, it took 3 tries to find a room that was cleaned - initially put in a carpet soaked room, then an unclean room with urine still in toilet. Not impressed with hotel
1 night trip Feb 22, 2014
Alan
"Bad experience"
Expedia advertised and assured us there would be a refrigerator in the room. It never happened. Hair dryer didn't work. Water was shut off for awhile due to broken pipes. Hallways has a lot of food crumbs. Very dissappointed
Other trip Feb 25, 2014
mare
"Thrifty dollar well spent"
I felt safe about leaving my car in the parking lot. The room had clean sheets ect. The breakfast was good. It's a good room for the price.
Other trip Feb 25, 2014
charles
"Poor"
The front desk was rude. The room was dirty and the hallway stinked. You get what you pay for. This was a last minute trip.
1 night trip with friends Feb 21, 2014
"not even what I paid for"
I arrived to check in the hotel at about 1130 pm.. was greeted very dryly by the front desk clerks... after about a 15 ,minute wait they checked me in and gave me room keys. Arrived to the room. The room smelled musky and damp. The beds were nice and clean and the bathroom was clean with sufficient towels and toiletries. Got up that morning around 0830 to go to the breakfast bar, to find out that there was nothing left . Everything was gone except some muffins so I tried one of them.. how about the muffins were STALE. Needless to say im glad I only stayed there one day and will NOT be returning.
1 night business trip Feb 21, 2014
Mrs. Sprinkle
"the worsted hotel in New Orleans"
The hotel rooms were not clean when we checked in at 5pm. We were changed rooms twic. The beds were broke, food was on the bathroom counter
1 night business trip Feb 21, 2014
"Good hotel to stay"
The room is large and the breakfast is including bottle water.
Other trip Feb 18, 2014
"horrible"
Worse hotel ever. Dirty, in a rundown neighborhood way outside the city, maids took towels after first night and didn't replace them, TV went out and wasn't fixed until the morning we left, mini-refrigerator was frozen so bad it wouldn't close when we first got there, carpets were threadbare with holes all over
Response by Baymont Inn and Suites New Orleans
Dear Valued Guest, I very much appreciate your taking the time to share your disappointments with your recent stay. I want to personally apologize for the frustration you experienced when the actions of the staff did not meet your expectations. We want our guests to be met with a well-trained staff that puts guest comfort and satisfaction before everything else. I am sorry if this was not your experience. You can be confident that we will follow-up on your concerns so that others are not disappointed as you were. Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! Please stay with us again soon so that we may demonstrate our commitment to your comfort. Sincerely, Anastasia Brown Sales Manager
3 night trip with friends Feb 7, 2014
"Think Twice About Staying At This Baymont"
Room was dirty when we arrived. Trash on floor from previous occupants. Fixtures damaged (toilet set crooked on base and rocked when sat upon), shower diverter in tub broken, faucet on sink by refrigerator broken, closet doors would not slide - could not open closet. We stayed 2 nights, when they made up the room after the first night they only left us one clean towel - when we called to get more we were told rather rudely we would need to come down and get them ourselves.
2 night trip Feb 6, 2014
Glenn
"Receptionist acts like we were bothering her."
I am surprised Expedia has this hotel in their listing.
Other trip Feb 2, 2014
"Quiet/peaceful neighbor"
My stay was very quiet and peaceful. The people were very nice and helpful, the rooms were clean, the towels and sheets were clean and brightly white (free Wi-Fi, cable and lots of eating places within walking distance). I look forward to both booking another stay there via Hotel.com of course, thanks
4 night trip Jan 24, 2014
Alfred Hamilton
Overall the hotel was fair. They may need little repairs in the bathroom, but I would rate it about a 2 1/2 to 3 star hotel
1 night business trip Jan 23, 2014
"dirty"
This motel room was dirty, worst though was the hallways, elevators, and vending area’s were all grossly dirty, Make myself clear grossly.
1 night business trip Jan 18, 2014
"Nice hotel, low key and inexpensive"
I travel to New Orleans frequently and I usually stay in another hotel nearby but decided to try this one because it was about $11 cheaper. I liked this mainly because the employees were nice, friendly, and had good personalities! I will definitely be coming back!
Other trip Jan 26, 2014
Lili
"They could do better"
Other than a lack of cleanliness, the stay was fine. I had to kill my own bugs in the bathroom a couple times and housekeeping did not service my room daily. For the price, I was not expecting excellent service, but it was ok on such short notice of the unexpected trip.
3 night family trip Jan 18, 2014
Robyn
"I won't stay there again !"
The room was dirty (there was hair, dirt and used tissue scraps on the carpet, you could see dust caked in the heater vent) and I asked for another room, which had a musty smell, so I kept the first room. They lost our reservation so the room was not cleaned for the second night. We asked for clean towels and was told to come and get them from front desk. Tried to complain but no one there to address our dirty room or lack of service. We stayed because we were too tired to look for another room.
2 night trip Jan 18, 2014
"Perfect for the price!"
Nice, clean, perfect for the price.
1 night trip Jan 11, 2014
Luis
"Horrible stay"
The first room that we got was a smoker room. It was labeled as a "non smoking" room but everything smelled very smoky! There was an ashtray beside the bed! It wasn't possible to open the refrigerator because the ice of the freecer blocked the door one inch before it would be closed. So we got a new room. In the second room the bed was dirty and there was no refrigerator and microwave. At the front desk they said that a fridge and a microwave aren't standard anymore, because they took the hotel over from another company and removed them partially. After this, we asked again for a new room. After a short look on the third room we decided to take the second room, because this one was even worse. So we asked for new bed sheets and gave it up to get a better room. The next day we went to breakfast. There was no milk for the cereals, out of the juice machine came only water, the eggs they served smelled bad and the floor was dirty. In general it was not possible to open the window in the rooms we saw. Because of that the whole hotel has a very "special" smell. Never again, not even for free!
4 night trip with friends Jan 8, 2014
"Ok for the price"
The hotel room was clean and decorated nice for the holidays; however it smelled so bad! The hotel staff was not friendly at all. We were not greeted when we walked in, nor were they friendly when we checked out.
Other trip Dec 23, 2013
"Disappointing stay."
This was a hotel and room in need of cleaning and some tlc. We were going to stay two nights and after check in decided to cancel second night. The room smelled of mold, was not clean, the tv and lights were unplugged, there was sticky tape stuck on walls as if pictures had been hung and removed... I could go on and on. It was our first stay at a Baymont and most likely our last. Only positive note was the staff. Very pleasant and efficient.
Response by Baymont Inn and Suites New Orleans
I am so sorry that your stay with us was less than satisfactory.. My staff and I reviewed each of your comments and are making the necessary repairs. We do apologize for all of the problems you had. Also, we are in the process of upgrading the hotel. Again, we are terribly sorry that your experience with Baymont was not a good one, but invite you to give us another try. We greatly appreciate your feedback, as it helps us to improve and provide a better experience.
Other trip Dec 11, 2013
"really nice for the price"
Great stay clean and well maintained only issue is to get rid of the somking in the hotel hallways smele like smoke.
2 night trip Dec 6, 2013
"Stands out amongst the graffiti"
Was the a late check in, around 11pm. Was given the handicap accessible room. The shower was basically a drain on the floor with a small berm around it, yet the shower curtain stuck out passed the berm. So any water that hit the curtain just ran down onto the floor and flooded the bathroom. The A/C didn't really work, I don't really want to think about how dirty the bed was. I can tell you it is one of the worst hotel experiences of my life. I will not be back, would rather sleep in my truck.
Other trip Dec 9, 2013
"Average Hotel"
I was not very impressed this hotel is run down and needs to be updated. We also had no power at all for like 4-5 hours and there was no storm so not sure what happened. Its not the best place to stay but also not the worst based on the price I paid for the night.
1 night trip Nov 16, 2013
"Disappointments Galore"
Upon arrival, the night employee/ clerk was RUDE. The floors were filthy and pieces of trash were on the floors. The bed looked like someone had slept in it and did NOT look like it had fresh sheets on it. The tub was NOT clean, and the shower head was grimy. It was supposed to be a non-smoking room, but it smelled of smoke. I was truly disappointed and will NEVER recommend this hotel. Why is it still open????
Other trip Dec 2, 2013
"Dirty hotel"
Room dirty, bad odor, toilet leaking on floor, some lights did not work and minimal breakfast, would rate hotel at 1
1 night trip Nov 23, 2013
Power outage in New Orleans during my stay for approximately 2 hours or more.
1 night trip Nov 16, 2013
Location is a bit away from French Quarter but access is easy. You definitely need a car if staying here. Rooms comfortable. Housekeeping spotty but OK. Seemed like small amount of mold in shower but not significant. Breakfast OK. Didn't have eggs or sausage on first 2 days but afterwards was fine. Sausage was great. Waffles a bit soggy but good. Overall great stay.
Other trip Nov 25, 2013
Overall it was average. Desk clerk was helpful and pleasant - 5 stars there. The lights next to my bed did not work - need them to read in bed. Left hotel at 7AM on Sunday morning and breakfast was not setup and ready. Overall breakfast was average.
2 night business trip Nov 14, 2013
TG
"Staff is incompetent"
The staff may as well not have been there, it would be better if they were not. they seemed to be loitering rather than working. The hotel was fine, but with this staff it won't last long.
4 night business trip Nov 15, 2013
Ray
"Nice location just off I10. Minutes from downtown."
4 of us stayed for three nights, went to New Orleans for Veterans Day weekend. The staff was very helpful, friendly and professional. The beds and pillows were fresh, clean and very comfortable. Will definitely stay here again. On top of all niceties, we also got a fantasatic price!
Other trip Nov 17, 2013
Vanessa
"Good value for the money."
Continental breakfast could be improved . . . I rank it a 6 out of 10.
3 night business trip Nov 3, 2013
"Will Not Be Back"
The first room they put us in was missing every light bulb except one. They moved us to another room and the tv did not work. This place is in need of repair really bad. The 1st floor reeks of dog urine. The location was good but the staff and hotel were aweful. There is a Motel 6 next door that is much nicer and newer!!!
Response by Baymont Inn and Suites New Orleans
I am so sorry that your stay with us was less than satisfactory.. My staff and I reviewed each of your comments and have taken appropriate action to resolve each issue in the room you occupied. In addition, we are re-evaluating our inspection processes to ensure these types of issues do not occur in the future. Again, we are terribly sorry that your experience with Baymont was not a good one, but invite you to give us another try. We greatly appreciate your feedback, as it helps us to improve and provide a better experience.
3 night trip Nov 8, 2013
"Pleasantly surprised"
Room clean Great location Great price
Other trip Nov 12, 2013
Jeanee'
Nice looking outside and my first impression of the lobby was great. The room was a disappointment due to the stains on the carpet. The breakfast bar was poor. The employee did not keep it clean as the guests spilled material while serving themselves. Not clean, this is what brought my rating down. This hotel is ok if you can overlook a little untidiness and skip their Breakfast bar.
Response by Baymont Inn and Suites New Orleans
I am so sorry that your stay with us was less than satisfactory.. My staff and I reviewed each of your comments and have made the necessary repairs to the backdoor. Also, we are in the process of installing a permanent lighted sign on the exterior of the building. Again, we are terribly sorry that your experience with Baymont was not a good one, but invite you to give us another try. We greatly appreciate your feedback, as it helps us to improve and provide a better experience
5 night business trip Oct 30, 2013
John Anderson
"Just a place to sleep for us."
Average motel. Staff was extremely helpful. Everything else just average.
1 night trip with friends Oct 31, 2013
Deborah
Clean room, breakfast uneven on different days
5 night business trip Oct 30, 2013
"overnight prior to cruise"
difficulty checking in, long line of guests, no rooms, left and returned about an hour later and it was still a wait of > 20 minutes to check in.
1 night family trip Oct 26, 2013