All hotels in Grand Prairie, Texas, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here1114 E Main Street, Grand Prairie, TX, 75050, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9481

2.9
    2.7
"One night stay"
It was ok alittle hard to find but the stay was ok...around fastfood places so that was cool didnt have to look far for something to eat.
Other trip Jun 6, 2014
Noise to much from other guest u could hear them running all out your door bumping the walls these were grown-up not kids hot tub was broken
2 night romance trip May 24, 2014
Miller
"Just a place to stay"
In the area, this is the best place to stay since the other hotels are ghetto. Internet connection sucks. Rooms are dated and run down.
1 night business trip May 28, 2014
"Went down to see a concert in Grand Prarie"
WAY to overpriced, and the bed was as hard as a rock... The neighborhood was terrible, too. I was nervous about the safety of my car overnight. People hanging out in the parking lot late at night. Would not recommend at all.
1 night trip with friends May 23, 2014
Bobby
The staff was very friendly and helpful. The people at the front desk were always trying to help me find places in the city, so I really appreciated that. They even called me back to let me know I left some clothes behind. As far as the room goes, the bed was comfortable, the night crew honored my wishes to hold any calls to all of our rooms and take messages instead. The tub was narrow and a little slippery! And the shower could have used some mildew removal. Otherwise, everything was perfect! Good prices!
1 night trip May 24, 2014
Rosemary
"In town for a college graduation."
they let us check in a bit early so we could get dressed for graduation and were very nice, excellent price also. Made our experience great knowing everything was in order. Thank you
Other trip May 12, 2014
Lanny
"Maintenance is lacking."
The paint was falling off in chunks in the room. The bathtub was "patched" with sheetrock. There was some form of goop smeared on the wall. The room was coated in dust and the room had a strong odor. The staff was friendly enough however they could barely communicate with me due to a language barrier. With a bit of heavy cleaning and maintenance upgrade this would be an "okay" place.
Other trip Apr 18, 2014
wontstayagain
The room was clean but carpet dirty and holes in chair and comforter
1 night trip Apr 12, 2014
"Terrible"
At breaksfat they're just looking you don't take anything to your room. Heater wasn't working plus the room doesn't look like the pictures when making the reservation!
1 night business trip Mar 2, 2014
"excellent hotel"
Me and my girlfriend enjoy this hotel it was really clean
1 night romance trip Mar 3, 2014
francisco
It was more than we expected and we will definately stay again.
1 night trip Feb 17, 2014
Anthony
Very rundown bad area rooms dirty
1 night trip Feb 26, 2014
"Nice place to stay!"
It was spacious and clean. It was a nice place to stay. We would stay again, especially for the price.
Other trip Feb 4, 2014
"Train a hundred yards away in the ghetto"
Room had a very unique smell almost like toilet cleaner. Then as that smell subsided the other smell seemed to arise which smelled more like mold. If you can get past that then the freight train that goes by every 30 minutes makes for a long night. But when the morning finally arrived it was an interesting surprise to head to the lobby for the complimentary breakfast to find a handful of muffins, 6 danishes (small) some old cereal, and no fruit. But hey all and all under $50 a night I didn't expect the Ritz Carlton.
1 night trip with friends Jan 24, 2014
Honest and truthful
"Great Location, So-so Hotel"
The service was great. The ladies at the front desk were extremely polite and helpful. We stayed at the hotel for a concert at the Verizon Theatre which was only a mile or so away--that's why we picked the hotel. When entering the room we had some issues with the door handle not working properly and it took a wrestling match to get in the room. Once in the room, we could hear EVERYTHING our neighbors said and did. It was an uncomfortable situation but we were only staying one night. The breakfast was fine.
1 night trip Nov 30, 2013
Cari
"Definitely not pleased!"
I was not pleased with this hotel at all and will not stay at a Howard Johnson again! They say first impressions are a huge seller and my first impressions were not good! The floors were very dirty and I would not take my shoes off once inside! Looked as though it was never vacuumed and had stains all over the floor! I even slept in my shoes it was so bad! The beds were very springy and had no padding what so ever! I would have rather dried of with a loofah than the towels because they were so scratchy! To top it off the safety lock on the door was broken off and the hotel staff had no knowledge where anything was in the surrounding area! She couldn't even tell us where places to eat were! This is the first Howard Johnson I have ever stayed in and will never be staying in another one that's for sure!
3 night business trip Nov 21, 2013
Carrie
"i had higher expectations"
when I arrived, the receptionist took about 15 minutes just to check me in. then when we arrived to the room I made a run through and was disturbed by the noise coming from the fire alarm on the ceiling due to low batteries and also the toilet kept running. so I called the front desk and was given a different room, the second room appeared dirty and the wall paper was peeling, there were stains on the arm chair, and the heater kept messing up. overall I expected better quality because it was a Howard JOhnson hotel. contintental breakfast is served until 9:30, which is highly inconvenient as well. I'd rather pay more next time than to stay at one of these hotels. I am very disappointed
Other trip Nov 25, 2013
nads
"Just a quick stay"
Overall would stay again
2 night business trip Nov 18, 2013
"not that great"
the Hotel wasn't that great...no one cleaned under the bed....the room looked nothing like the picture. ..nothing like ...
1 night business trip Nov 15, 2013
aj
"Fall Vacation"
I have to admit, this was a beautiful, clean and very comfortable room. The only disappointment I experieced was with the hotel manager on duty. She had a very unpleasant attitude, never smiled, very authorive manny, not frienldy at all. My tripped was planned for several months, however I did make changes which involved staying at this facility. I was given a room upstairs with only four cars in the parking lot, I practically pleaded with the manager to please give me a room downstairs. She was in no way or matter trying to accommodate me what so ever. The rest of the staff was very friendly and pleasant. Because of the manager on duty I will never stay at this location again. I apologize for having say so because every one else there was awsome.
Other trip Nov 15, 2013
"A Bargain for the Price"
The room was better than adequate...very comfortable bed...location was close to everything, and the staff was very attentive..I will be staying here the next time I'm in Texas...
Other trip Nov 15, 2013
Ken
"Not all satisfied....wouldn't really recommend."
The room could have been a little bit cleaner than what it was. When I first took a bath, the water was brown until it cleared up.. The shower head was very filthy, the refrigator that was provided, wasn't all of that, the freezer part was frozen, so you really couldn't put anything in it, but oh well...I wouldn't recommend this to anyone based off the fact...the hotel needs a big upgrade...not worth the money spent....
1 night trip Nov 2, 2013
K.D. Johnson
"Decent Enough"
Room was ok for a one night stay. Close to Verizon Theatre, which is why we were staying there.
1 night trip Oct 18, 2013
"Perfect place to rest!"
After traveling and getting up at 3 AM to catch our flight, we were exhausted! We were so pleased with our at Howard Johnson - slept soundly ALL night and felt rested. So nice to wake up and get Texas shaped waffles!
Other trip Oct 23, 2013
Annie Mae
"Worst hotel ever"
Came up for a cowboys game and was told hotel was 5 miles away..ended up being almost 20 miles away. Staff was not friendly and the breakfast was terrible. Toilet would not flush properly and water temp was so hot couldn't even take a proper shower. Will never stay there again. If I hadn't already pre paid we would have left and went somewhere else. One of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in.
2 night trip Oct 12, 2013
Suzanne
Awesome place to stay for the price. Not far from stadiums or restaurants. Will stay again in the future.
2 night business trip Oct 12, 2013
Rachel
"Decent hotel, close to convention center"
I stayed here with one other adult and 8 teenage girls. It was perfect for our needs. Clean rooms, friendly staff. The pool was locked when we arrived, but it was October, so no big deal. The girls asked the staff to open it and they did immediately. They even turned the heat on in the hot tub which was appreciated. The breakfast was the typical cereal, bagel, or waffle, but their waffle maker made the waffles in the shape of TEXAS! Most awesome thing ever. If it hadn't been for the awesome waffle maker, I probably would have been disappointed in the breakfast because it seemed more skimpy than most basic breakfasts.
Kellie
"Gross"
The room smelled, water in bathtub. Did stay in room checked into different hotel
Other trip Oct 13, 2013
"Nice hotel close to event areas and ripleys"
My experience at this hotel was great i enjoyed it and would definitely go back and recommend it to friends and family. Close to Ripley's believe it or not and the verizon theater where we needed to be. it was a great weekend.
Annie
"A nice stay"
The room was clean, and looked nice. Bud the door was tough to open or close with slamming it. But overall, no big complaints.
1 night trip Sep 26, 2013
"Mr"
The color inside room was an avocado green.. It was alright not the greatest.. I expected more from a Howard Johnson's.. I've stayed at numerous hotels and I was disappointed w this property. Upon check out I wasn't given a close out receipt . The young lady said it would be emailed and I haven't received anything yet.. So that didn't give me a good vib...
2 night trip with friends Sep 20, 2013
"Bad Stay"
The room was not really what it appeared to be online it was horrible, I will not be back!
1 night business trip Sep 16, 2013
The politeness of the staff made up for the non functioning stuffs in the room.
1 night romance trip Aug 2, 2013
"Howard Johnson Grand Prairie"
Definitely will never stay again. Terrible location, cleanliness poor and service terrible. Pictures on your website are very deceiving.
1 night family trip Jul 24, 2013
Ballfan
"Terrible"
I will never stay at a Howard Johnson's again! This place was horrible. Didn't want to walk on the floor it was nasty. Smelt like mildew. Beds were most uncomfortable. Noice was terrible, doors slamming, car alarms going off. The breakfast hah, coffee, cereal and do it yourself walfal. Just a horrible place to stay. Hotels.com should remove this place from there site.
2 night trip Jul 19, 2013
only complaint i have is that the bed was a little too hard, everything else was great
2 night family trip Jul 5, 2013
"Clean, Fair price"
Front desk staff was friendly. Hotel easy to get to and close to major attractions (6 flags, ballpark). Room was clean although the bed was a little too hard for my taste. Big refrrigerator! Included, microwave, coffee pot, iron and board, Flat screen tv. pool. Even though it's close to the train track, it was pretty quiet. Would go back.
1 night family trip Jun 29, 2013
MMSED
Pool was small but clean. Room was old but clean. Breakfast was limited, but adequate for the price.
1 night business trip Jun 8, 2013
"Close to main attractions, good price and clean"
This hotel is situated really close and convenient to main attractions such as Arlington Stadium, Ranger's Stadium, and Six Flags. In fact, you don't even have to take the freeway to get to them. They are right down the road. The rooms are great for the price...they have a microwave and a full fridge in the room, which is great if you were staying multiple days (especially with kids and a family). The breakfast was lacking somewhat, but we hit it kind of late and they could have been out of a lot of stuff.
1 night trip May 25, 2013
Patti
"Ok hotel"
ok
1 night business trip May 10, 2013
Hj
"Not So Much"
The room was dirty. The floor was not vacuumed, there was trash on the floor. The room had bugs in it and the shower did not work.
Other trip Apr 15, 2013
Great hotel, no problems, could of had a few more breakfast items but it was enough. Will definitely stay there again.
Other trip Apr 6, 2013
JG
We were very comfortable and the staff was gracious and helpful. We had a pleasant experience.
2 night trip Mar 28, 2013
"Grand"
Only proble was the impossibility to use wi fi staffvwas helpful
1 night trip Mar 13, 2013
The hotel room itself was clean. However there was not enough parking and the walls are so thin I could hear our neighbors enjoying each other company all night long. Also the breakfast was not kept stocked by the time we got downstairs (around 8:30) pretty much everything was gone and the counters were messy.
1 night trip with friends Mar 1, 2013
"Like it vary much"
Vary clean and conforble
1 night trip Dec 22, 2012
Rodney
"Get what you pay for"
We stayed here because it was the closest last minute room near Cowboy's Stadium. Ended up checking out and driving home two hours rather than sleep in the bed.
1 night trip Dec 2, 2012
C Freeman
"Great Lodging/Bad Cowboy Game"
The only reason I rated the cleanliness of the room at the lowest, is because as soon as we opened the door, a very strong odor of cigarette smoke stung our noses. After two days in the room, the mentioned odor was on our cloth as well as on us. We went to the local dollar store and bought several air fresheners. This however only temporarily masked the odor. Other than this, everything was great.
Other trip Nov 27, 2012
Lorenzo
Went to see a Cowboys game. Quick trip. Was very uncertain when I read the reviews of what kind of condition the room would be in but it was decent. I would stay again the price difference was worth it.
1 night trip Nov 17, 2012
"Close to Verizon"
Excellent service, courteous staff, made to feel like family and not just guests. Clean roomy room with fantastic bed. Rates were great. Will recomend this motel.
1 night trip Nov 10, 2012