All hotels in Grand Prairie, Texas, United States of America
1114 E Main Street, Grand Prairie, TX, 75050, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9481

2.8
    2.6
I have stayed there twice,once in October 2013 and again may 2015. My first stay was in a double queen smoking room it was clean but in the middle of the night the toilet broke,we called to the front desk and they changed our room no problem.The second we got a king bed no smoking room with no problems room was clean,staff friendly,though English is not their first language so there may be some misunderstandings. I had to give a 30 deposit i believe because i was under 21 but it was refunded to my account within 24 hours after i checked out. All rooms that are non smoking have a microwave and refrigerator. Cant remember my first stay but with this last one, room had 32'' flat screen mounted on the wall.There was also a safe in my last room but i think it cost extra to use, i didnt need it so i didnt ask. Air conditioner's work EXTREMELY well, was over 100 degrees the first stay and was freezing in the room. There is a nice looking pool but i have never used it. The entire hotel is well maintained and clean. My father was a hotel maintenance man for 20 years and sister was a houskeeper and i always went to work with them so i have high standards when it comes to hotels.I will continue to stay there whenever i go to grand prairie.
Other trip May 21, 2015
steph
"Disappointing experience"
This place was dirty actually watched a maid put the same bedding on a room as a couple left five mins prior. There was soap scum and hair in my bathroom, the bedding was stained dirty and tore, there was also hair in my bedding. The free wifi you had to request a password. The pool was dirty and non functional. It was the only reason I got a room was to sleep and swim after my travels. The pool soon became flooded it sucked. Had I had the energy to safely drive home I wouldn't have stayed. Idk the location wasn't great constant traffic this felt like a motel not a hotel for my first room my first experience I am so disappointed. The Howard Johnson in my town is so much nicer.
Other trip May 18, 2015
"Comfortble bed, but extremely outdated."
Staff was great, bed was comfortable, but thought the price was too high for accommodations. Very outdated.
Other trip May 17, 2015
Jill
"no snow balls here!"
The room was clean the fridge was loud. And the ac in the room went out about 1 in the morning, real downer for me cause i like it cold!!
1 night romance trip Mar 28, 2015
gabriel
"Done"
Not comfortable
1 night romance trip Apr 17, 2015
Wilma
"Ok for what you spend"
Staff isnt very friendly. Rooms were doable. Everything looks outdated But for he most part everyhing worked. may need some off or citronella
2 night romance trip Apr 7, 2015
Arkesia
Decent hotel close to AT&T stadium. Nothing special but The room was clean, the water was hot, and the staff was friendly
Other trip Apr 11, 2015
Jaye
"great BUT!"
The staff was very very friendly! The room we had needed a little tile work in the bathroom. A word of advice, the tub was slippery and needed some kind of "ant-slip" mat or the little stickys to keep accidents from happening. The last thing...they need to clean the coffee pot better.
2 night trip Mar 14, 2015
Andy
Enjoyed stay. Was only at hotel during the night and early morning. Wish they would have meet on the menu for breakfast. Overall it was a good stay.
Other trip Mar 17, 2015
"Bad hotel"
The hotel is worst to compare with the money you spend and the hotel charges is over the final price you saw on the website when you order
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
jade
I chose this hotel due to it's proximity to the Verizon Theater. The hotel is an older building but seems well maintained. The room had a full sized refrigerator, I didn't need it but I was surprised it was there. They collect a "room safe" fee of $1.50 when you check in. Even though I said I wouldn't use the safe in the room I had to pay. When I checked out I got my $1.50 back. This really slowed down the check in process. The safe rules seemed strange but otherwise everything was good.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
GSW
"Filthy Bedspreads"
Had to change rooms due to the filthy bedreads with stsins, after I switched room which was downstairs in a dark corner, they gave me an upstairs room. The bedspread was fithly with stains and cigarette holes, this time I took it downstairs to hotel clerk, she pulled out three more spreads before she found one good enough to give me. She was helpful, but I will never use to hotel again.
1 night family trip Mar 13, 2015
lena
Room wasn't that clean and the bed spread had stains. Outside had trash around the Hotel .
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
"Almost a Diamond in the Rough"
Overall, we had a good experience with this Howard Johnson motel. The rooms were well equipped and included a refrigerator and microwave. Bathrooms were good in that the shower area is separate from the vanity. Shower room also had separate heating and a vent fan. Beds were comfortable. Rooms were very clean. Staff was friendly and helpful. Only complaint was about the Internet connection which was very slow and completely failed for several hours.
Other trip Feb 22, 2015
"Avoid if possible"
First night was gross. The linens were dirty, the bathroom lights kept flickering light in a horror movie, sink was slow draining probably due to clogged hair, the shower was dirty and the toilet had brown rings in it. It was late do we gathered all the linens, including pillow cases, slept on top of our clothes, and too a shower in the morning. Breakfast the next day was a joke. Stale tasting bread and bagels. Fake apple and orange juice that was way watered down. We complained about the room. They put us in another room because repair man was out that day. The second room wasn't as bad but still not worth the price. We will not be booking here again.
2 night family trip Feb 13, 2015
it was regular hotel.there is 2 issue i consider.one is safety because room doors directly open to outside.second is sink is not inside the bathroom.i would prefer inside
Other trip Jan 17, 2015
"cos service fail"
Unpleasant desk no real food
1 night business trip Jan 8, 2015
Pastor
"It will do"
The room was nice but the people working could be more friendly.
2 night family trip Jan 8, 2015
"great stay"
I had a pleasant time.
1 night trip Jan 5, 2015
"So-so"
The front desk service is a little iffy, and the shower was really dirty. I had to make a trip to the family dollar down the street to get cleaning supplies for the night. Other than that it's tolerable for the price.
1 night family trip Dec 31, 2014
"no semi parking, good for quick stop"
Husband was traveling through with our semi truck and trailer, i called ahead to ensure there was grjck parking Nd even specified 3 times the size of truck and trailer coming in, she assured me there was parking. After a long journey he arrived to find there was no truck parking :( luckily the hubby is trucking master and was able to get it handled. As for the rest, the room was zuitable for his needs,sleep and shower. They did have breakfast but he didnt eat it.
1 night business trip Dec 14, 2014
Donald
"recommend stay with great price"
Great Clean room and friendly staff
1 night trip Dec 6, 2014
Jesse
"Close to At & t stadium. ...."
Dirty, smelly, and very outdated. Furniture was super dirty, stained....carpet was the same....
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
Sandra
"Overall bad"
Poorly lit, room had musty smell even though it was non smoking!
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
"Not too bad"
Hotel was surprisingly clean for the price and location. Picked it because it was near where we needed to be. Clean room, comfortable bed. Service was so so. Good coffee.
1 night family trip Nov 18, 2014
sarah
"never again"
Got there and they didnt have my room so I had to stay wait on hotels.com to get me another room. Then they tried to tell me to cancel my reservations and make one there at the front desk and pay more for a room I didnt want but hotels.com took care of everything
1 night romance trip Nov 1, 2014
miguel
"Review"
Everything was pretty decent. However the tv remote and the alarm clock didnt work. Also we asked for a jacuzzi bath in our room, ans we didnt get one.
1 night romance trip Oct 27, 2014
"Will Return"
Nice and clean great stay...will stay again! !!
1 night trip Oct 25, 2014
When arriving at the hotel, there were groups of people wandering around in the parking lot. Some were standing around cars playing music, but others were just standing around.....My room was upstairs. There were people sitting on the stairs going all the way up the stairway. Got to the room, the room was fairly clean. It is an older hotel in need of some repairs but the room was pretty clean. Got unpacked got ready to leave for concert and the door wouldn't lock. When you shut the door you could just push it and it would open. Called the front desk, got a little run around but she said she would call me back? Called back said she would set me up in another room. Got packed back up started to walk back up to the office (third time) and now more people in the stairway and parking lot. Don't know of a better word to use but "ghetto" feel. Decided not to stay went and got another room at another hotel. No security or type of control of the area at all......and this was at 6:00pm on Saturday. Hate to see what would be going on there later in the night???
1 night trip Oct 25, 2014
Pam
"Ok for the price"
Needs more cleanliness
1 night trip with friends Oct 24, 2014
"Good hotel. Close to venue."
Such nice people at the counter. The room was ok for the night. The bad -free WiFi spotty and could not use it. TV channels half did not come in. The floor was soaked from the fridge defrosting. The pillows were flat. Ac a bit loud. The couch was really dirty. Only because it was 1.5 miles from the Verizon was thus a good deal.
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
"Weekend trip"
Room was very clean and smelled good. The hotel is a little old but it was fine. Staff was very nice. Close to everything but not in the best of areas.
2 night family trip Oct 10, 2014
Cynthia
"hotel stay"
Bed was comfortable but room stale and not very clean. Carpet nasty. Not a great neighborhood. Did not feel safe. Breakfast choice very small. Staff not very friendly.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
tami
"Utter Disappointment, spend the extra $ elsewhere"
Booked this room after a phone call "confirmed" a third party shuttle operates transporting patrons to a local professional football game, only to arrive and find out otherwise. Entered the room to see a yellow stained bathtub, horrendously dirty carpet, and out dated TV that for some reason had some sort of voice-over narrating on almost every channel which ruined every attempt to watch TV. Spoke with the front desk about the “shuttle” and the front desk woman was rude, promised to get more info for me, but did not. Asked if we could use a cab and leave our vehicle for a few hours in the parking lot until after the game but was told in a rude manner “No, you need to leave the property or we will call to tow the car.” People were shouting and partying all hours of the night while the night clerk did nothing. The icing on the cake was the hotel’s continental breakfast policy which is it only available from 7:30am to 9:00am and food could not be taken back to the hotel room whatsoever and must be consumed in the lobby. TERRIBLE hotel, I will definitely share this experience to prevent others from bringing their business here.
1 night romance trip Oct 4, 2014
Guadalupe
"Low prices for a reason...."
Stained sheets, over powering cleaning product smell, towels Made big enough for a child, not to mention the bra and old condom that was found in our hotel room....that did not belong to me. Overall, I would say I learned my lesson and won't go to a HoJo ever again.
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
"little upset"
stayed overnight to go to a concert at the Verizon theater great location to the theater just a little upset my daughter left her blouse in the room after we checked out I called the hotel to see if maybe someone put it in the lost and found they said they will call back I'm still waiting for the call back
1 night family trip Oct 3, 2014
Hector
We needed a place to stay while our power was out from the recent storm. Other hotels in the area were affected by the storm as well so we chose Howard Johnson/Lone Star park. We enjoyed our stay, the tool was clean and cozy and the hotel staff were very nice. Although the breakfast buffet wasn't much it was worth the money we paid for the night!
1 night trip Oct 3, 2014
"Crash and Go!"
It was brief, clean, and comfortable.
1 night business trip Oct 2, 2014
Antrianett
Stayed for the Cowboys saints game, its no more then 10 min away from the stadium. Room was clean, bathroom was clean , just some holes in the bed spread but nothing major. Staff was nice. Will return again in the future
Other trip Oct 1, 2014
audrey
"Not what was advertised"
This hotel looks like one of those that construction workers stay at for weeks at a time. Men had their room doors open hanging out of them. People were standing around right around my room door when I arrived. The room itself was not as nice as they advertised. I wouldn't set foot in the shower, it did not look clean at all. I also couldn't walk on the floor without my shoes because of how unclean it looked. The bed covers had cigarette burns all over them. The neighborhood looks like a ghetto area. I would never stay here again.
1 night romance trip Sep 20, 2014
"rooms"
dirty rooms filled with trash. clerk asked if the bed was clean enough to sleep in. our response was no . new room had bugs. it was late, so we slept in our van.
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
JACKIE
"Good price for the convience"
The price was right, but the neighbors were noisy, and I could not rest like I wanted. The room was clean but had a musty smell, a lingering old odor. The customer service and front desk clerk was amazing. She was inviting and warm and easy to approach.
2 night trip Sep 12, 2014
TBrown
"last minute stay"
it needs a upgrading but the staff was friendly and the picture of the hot tub dont let it fool you it not a hot tub just a part of the swimming pool
1 night business trip Sep 1, 2014
"Better than expected..."
The hotel room was clean. Area was kept up nicely. For the price, I expected something less. Pleasantly surprised. Will stay again.
1 night trip Aug 21, 2014
Frankie Gee
"great"
peaceful and corn
7 night family trip Aug 20, 2014
"What we needed"
For the price, this was a great option. Yeah its not the prettiest, but its a comfortable place to sleep for one night. The shower had hardly any water pressure but the bed was comfy! I will stay with HOJO again because of the deals.
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
megan
Was not happy that I couldn't check in at till 1500 when I arrived at 1100, If I did check in early they wanted a 15 $ fee. Not to sure about location, rough. Wi Fi did not work, room had bad odor, bed had cleanliness issues. No flat screen TV, had two old Televisions, one barely worked and the other wasn't even connected. Breakfast sucked.
2 night business trip Aug 4, 2014
unhappy
"Not at all like the online description or pictures"
Online it shows this hotel to be fabulous, but it was anything but fabulous. The hotel rooms look nothing like the pictures. The bathrooms had mold and mildew on the tubs. The toilets leak and get water all over the floor. I had three rooms and each room was like that. The air didn't work in one of the rooms. It was just gross. Very disappointing stay. The cleaning ladies were super nice, but the towels were not what you think of when you think Howard Johnson. Bedding had holes in them and the sheets were terrible quality. The Pool was displayed on the web as an amazing site and it was not that. The breakfast was ridiculous. one waffle maker and then two types of cereal and some muffins. The milk was out, the coffee was gone, the batter and syrup was out and it took forever to get it refilled so we could have breakfast. The poor girl working the front had to also keep up the breakfast. She didn't know how to make coffee and she moved slower than anyone I've ever seen. They should of had someone else in there. She can't do both the front desk and the breakfast. Poor job in that Howard Johnson. Overall, the stay was completely disappointing. We won't ever stay at this hotel again.
Other trip Jul 31, 2014
Concerned
"The Wifi in the room did not work."
Overall, the stay was fine but I really needed Wifi and Wifi would only work in the hotel lobby. The pool was green and dirty.
2 night trip with friends Jul 18, 2014
The air conditioner made an annoying noise all day and night, sounded like a truck, I had to keep the television on to mask the noise of the A/C. Also the analog cable was a mess. Everything that I watched had snow flurries on the screen. The towels were dingy white and they were hard and abrasive.
2 night business trip Jul 8, 2014