All hotels in Carlsbad, California, United States of America
6450 Carlsbad Blvd, Carlsbad, CA, 92011, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9477

"It was Ok"
Overall was fine, but we didn't like the bed. It's too soft for us as we have firm bed back home. Location was good though, very close to McDonald, so it was convenient for us during our stay for Legoland.
2 night family trip Dec 28, 2014
"Winter break in Carlsbad"
Room was really clean and the staff was helpful. Only minor issues with the shuttle to Legoland. Their waiting list didn't work correctly, but I'm thinking they just weren't prepared for the amount of people going to the park. The pick up from Legoland was a bit of a wait, but again, they were trying. The shuttle saves $15 on parking! There are restaurants in the shopping center across the road (not within walking distance), and the beach is across the street (within walking distance!). Would definitely stay there again.
4 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
"Mediocre"
Room phone was broken for two days in the entire hotel. Would think they would fix something new like this right away. So I called the reception using my cell phone to request more towels and they put me on hold forever. The elevator was really far from our room so we took the stairs the whole time. We paid $250 for one night for a two queen oceanfront view. For this kind of rate, I was a bit disappointed for what I got.
1 night family trip Dec 27, 2014
"Stay here!"
We came to Carlsbad to visit Legoland. Reviews said this was a great hotel, and it really is! Can't say enough about it. Staff excellent, beach beautiful, beds SUPER comfy. Aside from being close to Legoland, we went wine tasting in nearby Temecula Valley, spent a day SCUBA diving, visited Old Town and ate great food. Pool and hot tub clean & well maintained. We travel a lot, all around the world, and this hotel is at the top of our list as a family fave.
Other trip Jan 1, 2015
Rachel
"The location of the room ?????????????"
Over all excellence in and out, and nice location at front of the ocean. The bad experience and disappointment that surprised me came from the fact that...I made and paid for a room with a full view of the beach...not just some water from behind the hedge and the parked cars. Our last night there..mon. Night 12/28 we did not sleep at all.. A large group of young people running around ALL night..you should put them far away from others or monitor them better..poor planning..we are an older couple and the 200 dollars per night was certainly wasted that night since we got no sleep!! It was cold and windy out side, the phone system in the hotel was broke and we can'not find in the middle of the night paper with the phone number of the hotel, because we were tired. The hotel need better Management.
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
Joaquin
"Ok for the price"
Could have been lower in price, might be paying extra money to be close to the ocean. The walls are paper thin and you can hear next door hotel guests,
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
"Great hotel close to LegoLand for families"
Nice hotel close to Lego Land and opposite the ocean (road in between). It was great for the purpose we needed (to have a jumping off point for LL). The heated pool and spa were a bonus if you have kids. We were one of probably 50 families headed to LL the next day. FYI, Cafe Topes is a great breakfast joint in downtown Carlsbad.
1 night family trip Dec 27, 2014
"a 180 degree view awesome of the beach.."
i would recommend it to my friends. but, i wish that they would include their continental breakfast
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
"Nice basic hotel, close to beach."
Hotel was located conveniently and had helpful staff. Due to configuration of roads around hotel walking to most nearby restaurants is not an option. Parking is limited at hotel and is not prioritized for hotel guests. As a result events being hosted at hotel I was forced to park illegally for many hours and some guests had to leave car a significant distance from hotel property.
Other trip Dec 12, 2014
"hilton"
everything went well the employees were very helpful and friendly
2 night family trip Nov 30, 2014
david
"Rates keep climbing but no improvements"
This was always our "go to" place when visiting my mother in Oceanside. However, over the last couple of visits we have been disappointed that their rates continue to climb, despite no improvements in the condition of the hotel. Oh I take that back, they added a bar in the lobby. Last time there was regurgitating sludge in our bathtub, this time the AC unit had a noticeable grinding sound and there was a rowdy soccer team that kept kicking a ball around in the lobby and hallways. To top it off, they are now adding a $12/night fee for parking. This has now become a $200/night hotel, and it really isn't. It's just a motor hotel, and its rates should reflect that. I was also irked that the Hilton Honors program expires if you don't visit one of their properties at least every 6 months...chintzy I think! However, the location is nice because it's off by itself and across the street from a quiet beach cliff, which is why we always liked it.
2 night family trip Nov 28, 2014
Beautiful hotel and pool. Staff was awesome, let us have a late check out. Shuttle to Legoland very convenient. Would definately stay there again if we are ever in the area.
2 night family trip Nov 23, 2014
Kristen
"Disappointed, expected more for the money."
The entry to the lobby was fantastic but once we walked into our room, disappointment sank in. #1 the rooms are too dark! There are 3 lamps and only 2 worked, the internet wasn't consistent all of the time, the one faucet on the tub felt as though it was going to fall off each time we used it and out of the two queen beds, the one I was in had the largest sink hole in the middle I had ever experience in my life. The location of the hotel was pretty good and the grounds were kept up nice but having to pay $11.00 per day to park your vehicle to stay here was absolutely ridiculous. We plan to go back to San Diego in the near future but we will not be staying at this hotel.
Other trip Dec 3, 2014
Traveling Queen
"Nice family hotel close to the beach"
We originally went to the wrong Hilton and at first my family was disappointed that this was more a motel style, but we ended having a really WONDERFUL vacation at this property. Beds are SUPER comfortable, rooms are clean, breakfast every morning downstairs at the little café is easy peasy, free cookies every night, and a nice little happy hour. All this across the street from the beach. Super getaway. I'd definitely come back and avoid the whole "resort" experience for this friendly hotel anytime. Shuttle even drove us into town one night for sushi free of charge.
Other trip Dec 2, 2014
"Awesome location and views of pacific ocean"
Kitchen could be a lot cleaner. The same utensils are used to handle eggs, veggies and meat. Makes it difficult for vegetarians. $12 per night for parking is atrocious
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
Ram
"carlsbad vacation"
Great get-away for the family. Fantastic hotel and great breakfast
2 night family trip Nov 22, 2014
Stigur
"Hotel"
Great stay!! Right across the street from the beach. Comfortable room and great breakfast!
1 night family trip Nov 22, 2014
"Getaway from the desert!"
Nice relaxing visit, great ocean view (paid the upcharge). Went to Balboa Park...so beautiful, peacefull early morning walk along the coast. Bed was very cozy and clean. The location is very quiet at night.
2 night trip Nov 11, 2014
Phyllis
"it was very good for stay."
It was very good for stay.
1 night family trip Nov 13, 2014
min
"Uncomfortable"
For some reason we were put in a handicap accessible room. The shower head would not adjust properly and it was just plain awful. I had to hold the head in my hand. Terrible. Also the ac was very loud and kept us up. Terribly uncomfortable. Would never stay here again.
1 night family trip Nov 8, 2014
Stacey
"The good, the bad, and the food."
Hotel service was excellent. Food at hotel was good Ammenities were good The neighborhood was excellent, plenty to do around town. The room was kind of dirty. There was a dirty glass, the shower was 'clean', but grimey at the same time. Also, there was dust in a number of areas (the desk, one of the drawers, and TV stand).
Neel
"Paying for parking"
The hotel was very nice the people working the front desk were nice I really have no problems with the hotel and staff , The only problem I have is with parking the fact that I spent what I felt was good money for the room is that I also had to spend $24.00 for parking in the hotel parking lot for 2 nights that is like going to the store a having to pay for parking to shop. Just give parking permits to your guests.
2 night romance trip Nov 7, 2014
dave
I really enjoyed my stay. The rooms were nice clean and comfortable. The hotel was right across the street from the beach which was nice. The only complaint I have is the outrageous fee of $12.00 they charge for parking.
"Perfect Location"
Beautiful location! Great walks on the beach for a morning stroll or to watch the sunset. I would definately stay there again.
2 night business trip Oct 28, 2014
Dane L.
"Nice location"
Nice location with beautiful view being across the ocean. The room smelled alittle musky when we first walked in, turning the fan on and opening the window helped. $12 parking fee is alittle ridiculous. Overall experience was ok.
"Horrible!!"
I paid for Full Ocean View and they gave me partial. I could hear every single step from the room upstairs.I could hear the water running from the room next door. It was the worst experience I've ever had in a hotel and for the price I feel completely ripped off.
2 night family trip Oct 10, 2014
eduardo
"Nice location; in close proximity to the beach."
Accommodations were nice for our family of 5. Overall, we liked the the room and general location. Our bed, however, was very uncomfortable.
Other trip Oct 9, 2014
"Nice spot for a Carlsbad getaway"
We booked this hotel as we were attending a nearby wedding. Great location, easy access to the interstate and other local roads in the area. Booked a partial oceanview, partial view was correct as we only saw a tiny sliver of water from our window past the pool view. Rooms were spacious and clean. Beds were fairly comfortable, though did not seem adjustable like advertised. Bathroom is on the small side, but adequate. Nice to be able to set the climate control system and the window opens to allow a breeze. Mini fridge, Keurig coffee machine, and small microwave with surround cabinet space was a nice addition. Overall hotel was quiet, but rooms are not soundproof. Pool area was nice and kept clean. We were unaware when booking that while the hotel is right across the street from the "beach", it is a cliff area, and the actual beach access is quite a hike down the road. Also, we were not aware there was a $12 overnight parking fee until arrival - we had friends stay at several other complexes in the immediate area, we were the only ones paying for overnight parking of our rental car. It is what it is, but would have been nice to know beforehand. There was a dance party going on for singles on the restaurant patio (below our room) on Saturday night, which was loud, but the noise ended promptly at 10 p.m. Only complaint was that we had to call for maintenance two different days as our toilet randomly would not flush. But staff was prompt and courteous both times.
Other trip Oct 1, 2014
The location was great as we were there for a wedding close by. We did not care much for the bed however. It was supposed to be a adjustable firmness mattress ... however ours did not work and was extremely soft, so we weren't able to get much sleep.
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
Bridget
"Omg..!!! It was perfect..!!!"
It was only a one night stay, but what an amazing hotel. Its right across the street from the beach. Beautiful grounds, safe, clean and secure. Close to food, groceries, gas and freeways!!! Im definitely recommending this hotel to my fam and friends. Just wish i could have stayed longer!!!
1 night trip Sep 20, 2014
Roberto O. F. Jr.
"Right across from the beach!"
Great location as I surf and a simple walk across PCH and I was in the water. My wife enjoyed the comfy room and pool. Lot's of options nearby for food. Great service and we'll be back! $12 per day parking is kind of outlandish.
4 night trip Sep 7, 2014
"Close to the beach"
The title says it all, it's close to the beach. To actually get to the water you still have to walk a bit vecause there is no beach access there ( at least not an easy one ). The hotel is nice but a bit overpriced for what it is. The ocean view room we had on the first floor was clean, had free wifi, decent furniture. The view is not what you would expect though. PCH is runs begween room and ocean. You actually have to stand up to see the water. Nice sunsets. Everything worked well. I have seen nicer showers. The room made a 'well used' impression if you know what I mean. The room was non smoking but there was a burn mark on the floor. All in all a nice hotel but nothing extraordinary. Price seems a bit high. Parking 12$ extra. We did not use the pool, or restaurant or anything else at the hotel.
Other trip Sep 14, 2014
We thought we would be closer to Carlsbad Village and was at first disappointed, but it was quite easy to jaunt down the road and park in town. Right on the ocean, but difficult to get to a beach. Sandstone cliffs too difficult for seniors to traverse. So we drove to town. Pool very pleasant. Nice grassy area for brown-bag lunch or share bottle of wine under the stars. Got to go to Tip Top Meats (German sausage deli & restaurant) just up Palomar Rd. Yummy! Had problem with water dripping from bathroom ceiling. Mgmt said they fixed it but still had leak next day. Our parking ($12/day) were camped when we complained. Pretty compound right on the beach!
2 night trip Sep 5, 2014
"Beautiful, right at the beach"
I very much enjoyed our stay. The hotel was beautiful, just wish we could've gotten an ocean view. It was our anniversary and being woke up way early by children in the pool was a little disheartening. But overall it was a great stay. The service and the food was great.
2 night romance trip Sep 6, 2014
"Beds"
Both queen beds that we had were "sunked in" so we didnt get much sleep.
Other trip Sep 10, 2014
Eva
Great view and close to the ocean. Very friendly staff.
1 night trip with friends Sep 6, 2014
Barb
"beds uncomfortable!!!!!"
waiters so slow with 2 parties in restaurant, check in was awful, one key didn't work
Other trip Sep 7, 2014
caboval
"everything not available"
The service was very friendly. The front desk people were very rude and no information was given until asked. I booked a suite for the couch for my third child, we had to squeeze a roll away bed in and they were going to charge us for it. They charged for breakfast, lunch, and dinner separately. There was a shuttle and was able to take us to the place we went, but had to wait at 9:00 pm with y three children outside in the dark, for 20 to 30 minutes. I am not sure where the mis-communication is, but the hotel stay was not up to the explanation of services. Also there was a movie night be held and was never told there was one or what movie was being provided. Not very good service, we will not stay at one again.
2 night family trip Aug 29, 2014
"Business and pleasure trip with my family"
The hotel was nice and we were pleased with our stay. The only think that really sticks in my mind was the high prices for breakfast and lunch. $15 per person for breakfast is steep. And $45 for two to eat with no alcohol is high as well. Other than the high prices of food this is a nice place to stay.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
Jon
"Enchanting stay"
Two moms with kids in town for the summer trip to Legoland/Waterpark weekend. ..after a funfilled day at the theme park came to relax after hours at the pool/jacuzzi which turned out to be a great experience because they had movie night at the pool.... kids enjoyed it and moms got to relax!!! Staff was very friendly and helpful - kudos!
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
mom on the go
"Nice hotel. A few minutes walk to the beach."
It was a nice room and we were treated like a guest and not like a burden. Only a few minutes walk across the street to the beach. We had a nice stay and would recommend to anybody.
Other trip Aug 29, 2014
Dennis
"A little disappointed"
The hotel was fairly new. Looked nice from the exterior. Our room over looked the parking lot. Quite a disappointment when we were across the street from the ocean and it had a court-yard pool! The room was average. We expected more from Hilton. Might stay there again only for the convenience of the location.
Other trip Aug 26, 2014
cynthia
"Nice hotel and good location"
Location was great; close to Carlsbad, Oceanside and legoland. Staff was friendly and solved the minor problems we had at the beginning with the room. On Friday evening there was a free film evening for the kids, they loved it. Food was good too! Overall, a very pleasant stay.
Other trip Aug 24, 2014
"Broken ac broken door cracked tile in bathroom"
Not good everything in the Hotel room was broken. Staff wasn't very good either. Never coming back!
Other trip Aug 21, 2014
"clan walk to the beach"
Excellent hotel. Breakfast orders can get backed up however. Needs another grill.
1 night trip Aug 15, 2014
Location across from ocean is nice, but PCH immediately in front and hi speed rail and I5 directly behind is not optimal
1 night business trip Aug 14, 2014
Dan Kinart
"Not what I expected"
The hotel is OK, and probably good for families. I found the service at the front desk to be less than friendly. Oh, and to charge $12 per night for parking for a hotel far from everywhere is outlandish.
3 night business trip Aug 10, 2014
"Hotel was right across from beach."
Main reason for Carlsbad visit was Legoland. Too far of a walk to Legoland but, nice that hotel was right across from the beach. Hotel was nice. Our bed sunk in the middle. No other complaints. My son liked that it had a 24 hr gym located in hotel. We would stay there again.
Other trip Aug 17, 2014
plain jane
Liked: large room, nice area in the yard with sofas and tables. Disliked: 12$ parking; access to the beach is either too steep, or requires a 10 min walk; breakfast by menu does not exist - it is a buffet but you can opt to be charged by item.
1 night family trip Aug 9, 2014
"Great hotel near Legoland"
We enjoyed our relaxing stay after action packed days at legoland. We were upgraded to an ocean view room. The pool was warm, the hot tub was hot and everything was very clean. The kids loved the afternoon cookies! It was a short drive to downtown Carlsbad. We had great meals at Las Olas and Blue Ocean.
Other trip Aug 13, 2014