All hotels in Washington, District of Columbia, United States of America
815 14th St NW, Washington, DC, 20005, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9477

"Solid."
Great location being about2 blocks from the White House. Friendly staff, clean room, nice decor, pool, decent price. Overall I would highly recommend.
Other trip Apr 14, 2015
Visited Washington DC with my family for a long weekend. We visited many of the popular attractions all within walking distance of the hotel - if you don't mind walking. The hotel was nice and everyone there was very friendly. We enjoyed our stay.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
"Great hotel for family DC visit"
Nice, clean, well appointed hotel. Great location -- a few blocks from the White House. The staff was friendly. My son left a small souvenier in our room and, after one call to housekeeping, they searched for it, followed up with another call the next day and sent it to us. This exemplifies the customer service approach of the hotel.
Response by Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC Downtown
Glad we found the keepsake! Come back soon and make some more memories!
3 night family trip Apr 6, 2015
Timothy
great location and great staff. definitely recommend.
Other trip Apr 11, 2015
"Stay at Hilton Garden Downtown"
We were very happy with our stay and the proximity to the various tourist attractions.
Response by Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC Downtown
Three blocks from the White House! Thank you for your review!
1 night family trip Apr 2, 2015
"DC Best Central Hotel"
Great hotel at walking distance to all of DC sites. Amazing service at every level.
Response by Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC Downtown
Thank you very much! Watch for summer specials and come back soon!
1 night family trip Apr 5, 2015
andres
Great location walking distance for everythings. Staff very nice ,pool clean and warm.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
bruno
The staff charge our card twice, and didnt run back the funds
Other trip Apr 5, 2015
"Good to Stay"
It was a good experience.
1 night family trip Apr 2, 2015
Jasbir
"Gracious staff"
Very gracious and knowledgable staff, excellent location.
Response by Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC Downtown
Thank you very much for the kind comments! Much appreciated
1 night business trip Apr 1, 2015
"Great hotel."
Great place to stay. Excellent location next to the White House. Friendly staff.
Agnes
"Nice place to stay."
The staff were really friendly and helpful and you could not beat the location. We will definitely be back.
Other trip Mar 29, 2015
"DC Spring Break"
Perfect location that is close to the Metro and major attractions. The staff was very friendly and helpful.
4 night family trip Mar 21, 2015
"nice clean hotel"
very nice clean hotel. close to everything. only complaint was that the pool was not heated.
Other trip Mar 27, 2015
bob
"excellent"
it was wonderful
3 night romance trip Mar 19, 2015
"Too pricey"
The front desk added several charges to our bill at checkout. Two twenty dollar movies that we never watched. The hotel restaurant billed our room instead of using the card that was provided.
Other trip Mar 27, 2015
"Perfect spot for a short weekend romantic getaway!"
My husband and I spent 2 nights here in early March for a short 3 day getaway to DC. I was so glad that I picked this hotel due to its proximity to so many tourist destinations. The location is literally right across from the metro station so it was super convenient to get there from the airport. Walking distance from the white house, Lincoln monument, Washington monument, and Smithsonian museums as well as Chinatown. We are young and healthy so basically everything was walking distance. Even if you aren't able to walk, it is so convenient to the metro it makes everything accessible. Staff was courteous and friendly, and rooms were clean, quiet, spacious and very comfortable. They even let us check in at 10am instead of the 3pm check in time! I would definitely stay here again. Oh and of course FREE WIFI is always a plus :)
2 night romance trip Mar 19, 2015
Nineveh
Nice hotel good location. No issues with anything.
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
"Very Nice hotel"
We were somewhat concerned about being stuck with our luggage until check-in time at 3pm, but the hotel offered to hold our luggage until check-in if they were unable to get us into a room early. We arrived around 9am on the day of check in and the hotel was able to check us in early, the staff was extremely helpful and kind. We did our sightseeing and were deciding where to eat dinner that evening and then saw that the hotel's restaurant had a Friday night special where kids eat free. Food was enjoyable, not the best burger that I've ever had but still amazing. The beds and pillows are what keeps me from giving this hotel a perfect review. The beds were a lot stiffer than I was expecting especially for the Hilton. The pillows also were what seemed to be fluffy but as soon as my head hit the pillow they seems to just flatten out and there wasn't a comfort level at all. Following checkout the next morning the hotel held our bags for us so that we could finish our sightseeing. Overall very satisfied with this hotel, just a little disappointed with the bed/pillows
1 night family trip Mar 20, 2015
Trevor
Great location, across from a Metro station and only two blocks from the White House. Dining options within the surrounding four blocks. The fridge in our room kept everything colder than any I've ever had in a room before. The pool is very small, but worked for our daughter to play in...only ever saw kids in it. We would stay there again.
4 night family trip Mar 16, 2015
Brandy
"Location, Location, Location"
Great staff, great location, nice hotel. Beds are very small but are comfortable. Rooms are small. Shower head is amazing! Room and parking are expensive but that is probably the going rate for the area. Walking distance to everything, including the Verizon Center. If stay there again.
1 night family trip Mar 15, 2015
Martin
"Long weekend in DC"
The staff in this hotel are exceptional! They exceeded our expectations and were very friendly. Location was very convenient to the Metro station. They let us check in before 1100 am which was great since our flight arrived early. Concierge was very helpful with maps and directions. Would definitely recommend this hotel.
Other trip Mar 19, 2015
"Family weekend"
Great location!
2 night family trip Mar 14, 2015
Kristen
"Great location!"
Great location! Short walk to the National Mall (not sure of exact time but I'd say less than a 10 min walk). Also within walking distance (10-15 mins) to Chinatown for restaurants and bars. Valet parking was a little stressful as the front of the hotel does not have a large lane to park but patience is key! Definitely wait in the lane to park, do not go past the hotel if you aren't familiar with the city (a lot of one way roads). The metro was right across the street too. Great for a weekend trip!
2 night romance trip Mar 13, 2015
Katie
The hotel is super clean. The room I stayed in was spacious, clean and the bathroom was bright and pretty.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
"Hotel 10 staff 6"
Not all of the hotel staff was polite! Especially when we were leaving. Man did not seem to care about us but the woman working next to him was very nice! She asked how are stay was and was everything fine! Valet did not seem happy about getting our car when time to leave! Hotel was wonderful and beautiful some staff could be a little more friendly and make your whole stay feel appreciated!
2 night family trip Mar 12, 2015
"Skip it"
The hotel overall needs a little TLC, the location is not bad but not great either. For the price you pay I want a little paint touch up and a clean up.
1 night trip with friends Mar 5, 2015
Nouzha
"Overall great, mattress painful and bar needs more"
I had to get a room to make sure I made it into work during the last big snow storm where DC got 6 in. The front desk folks were super helpful and had a list of restaurants that were staying open during the snow event. The room was nice, super clean and well maintained. My only issue was is this room is where mattresses went to die. I swear it had fists and was punching me in the kidneys all night. The other thing about the hotel is that downstairs bar. It's excessively bright and not at all relaxing, and the bar staff could ignore you for days. But the front desk people and the overall condition of the room was great. <3
1 night business trip Mar 5, 2015
Christine
"Good location, but noisy"
The hotel was in a very good location, across the street from the McPherson Square Metro and a short walk to the Metro Center Station. We were also able to walk to Chinatown and the National Mall from the hotel. Our room had a street view, but it was quite noisy. We were also at the end of the hallway near housekeeping so we heard staff coming in and out in the morning.
4 night romance trip Mar 5, 2015
"Short stay"
The hotel is in a great location just blocks from the White House and other sites. The staff was friendly and helpful and the room was clean, although on the basic side. I did appreciate the in room coffee and tea. The gym was very small and the pool is tiny and shallow -- not great for swimming laps.
2 night business trip Mar 2, 2015
Ann
"Location> BED"
Sheets are hard and cheap. Bed is hard. Free coffee and water bottles though. Great service and location.
4 night family trip Mar 1, 2015
"Excellent hotel and excellent value!"
Had a meeting near the white house and hotel was within walking distance!
1 night business trip Mar 3, 2015
Judith
The hotel was super clean and the staff were very friendly!! The neighborhood was not great but I felt safe in the hotel as you have a key card to use the elevator! The metro was right across the street which was convenient for seeing the sights!! The staff was always asking how things were and the restaurant in the hotel had great food and was convenient! The restaurant was however a little pricey. Breakfast wasn't bad. It was 14.95 and it was all you can eat (omelets and waffles made by the cook, bacon, sausage, french toast or pancakes, cereal, grits, oatmeal, pastries, bagels, bread, etc) The food tasted awesome!! You also have to valet park at the hotel which is 40 dollar plus tax per night just so you know. It was nice though because the car is parked in a locked garage and only the valets have access. If you wanted your car it was less than a ten minute wait and they will bring it out and in as many times as you want!! It was a great place, I definitely would stay there again!!
2 night family trip Feb 28, 2015
Kimberly
"Good option"
Good base for sightseeing.
3 night romance trip Feb 26, 2015
"Nice one-night romantic getaway."
The hotel staff was very friendly. They checked our bags for us so we could sleep in a little, check out, and then walk to get breakfast at a little place we knew about but didn't want to carry our bags. It's actually a free service, so that was nice. You can check out at noon, but check out for your car if you use the valet service is at 2, which I think is a nice feature. The hotel was close to a lot of things, the White House for tourists, or restaurants and music venues for locals. We walked up to the MXDC and The Hamilton Live for dinner and a concert, and the walk was really quick and we felt safe the whole time. The room itself was nice, we had a king sized bed. It was quiet. We intended to use the pool but did not so I can't give feedback there. The concierge and valet staff were friendly for the most part. The only negative I have is that there is a parking garage right next door, and traffic was terrible on a Friday night, so trying to navigate our way to get valet parking was a bit difficult. They need better signage or at least better information for parking on their website.
1 night romance trip Feb 27, 2015
Britney
"No Frills, Great Location. It's Fine."
If you want to be downtown and near a Metro, this is a great hotel. If you want great room service selection and lots of amenities, go somewhere else. For me, I'd be happy staying here any time.
2 night business trip Feb 23, 2015
"Comfort while traveling for business"
It was wonderful!
2 night business trip Feb 22, 2015
Joan
"Perfect Location in DC"
Weekend stay for viewing PICTURING MARY IN ART at the Natl Museum of Women in the Arts which is a block away. Located just across the street from the Macpherson Square metro stop. Easy metro trip from Reagan airport. Nice hotel with friendly service and comfortable room. Restaurant serves breakfast and dinner with variety of choices.
2 night trip with friends Feb 20, 2015
"Overall a happy stay!"
The front desk staff weren't all that welcoming. Luckily, Mark the doorman and Gennaro in the dining area more than made up for this. They were so professional, helpful and engaging. As far as the room, we were not happy about being put in a room designed for those with disabilities since we had small children with us. Had we extended our stay we would have had to switch rooms. Location is perfect!
1 night family trip Feb 17, 2015
Theresa
It was horrible. Rude staff and not polite. Will not be returning.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
Very nice hotel, coffee in the lobby was an excellent touch. Great location
Other trip Feb 22, 2015
"Friendly staff, great area, bring your own pillow"
The hotel was in a great location. Everyone was very friendly and accommodating, front desk, valet, cleaning, etc. And it was affordable. However, I found the beds and pillows to be very uncomfortable. And the 'standard king' bed was not as large as my king bed at home.
2 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
Great hotel, prime location, very helpful staff, but the beds were pretty hard. I personally did not mind, because I like a firm bed, but my girlfriend was not real into it
1 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
daniel
"Nice hotel. Close walking to all monuments"
Nice hotel within walking distance of attractions amd the metro.
alex
"In the middle of everything"
Great food nearby. All museums are within walking distance. And the metro station is directly across the street. What more could you want!?
matt
"Location, Location, Location"
I am a regular business traveler that needs location and concierge services for mostly one night stays. The front desk staff at this Hilton Garden Inn Downtown DC, in my opinion, was the most friendly and accommodating I have ever experienced. They all showed an interest in my reason of stay, and in such a short time, already knew and acknowledged me by name upon every exit and return. That is a huge plus in my book. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that wants to experience DC for tourism, hub, or business services.
"All around a great hotel!"
My boyfriend and I loved our stay at the Hilton Garden Inn in Downtown. First, the location was great, right down the street from the White House! Second, the service, I was blown away by their valet team for being so on top of their game and very polite. Third, the room, simple yet above my expectations. Decent sized bathroom, mini fridge, & microwave. Our king bed was super comfortable and the thermostat worked! It may not seem like a big deal, but everything worked and it made our stay that much better! Oh and there is free coffee in the lobby!
1 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
"A weekend getaway for one."
I highly recommend this hotel if you are looking for a downtown location. It is located directly across from a Metro stop and within walking to the Mall and to China Town. Staff are very friendly, and there are specials on weekend nights like half price wine. The indoor pool was warm and inviting. Thank you for a great stay.
1 night trip Feb 7, 2015
Judith
"Never a disappointment"
Went down for a hockey game and when we do we always stay at the HGI. Fabulous customer service and the rooms were clean.
1 night family trip Feb 7, 2015
Samantha
"hotel location/cleanliness & staff"
Thus was my first stay at the Hilton Garden Inn. Location could not be better. Staff was incredibly accommodating. And my overall experience was great. Looking forward to my next visit!
1 night business trip Feb 8, 2015