All hotels in Calgary, Alberta, Canada

"College begins"
Very nice hotel centrally located. The staff was very helpful, especially when we left our passports in the room safe and had to return to the hotel to retrieve them! Valet time was a little long, but staff was always very courteous and helpful
Other trip Sep 7, 2013
anne
"It's location in the heart of down-town"
Unfortunately we arrived late at night and the hotel was surrounded by unkempt individuals in varying stages of intoxication that just seemed to be hanging around outside. I did not feel safe since I brought my young grand-daughter. In the morning, the scene outside had changed and it was nice. I got the room online for a great rate and had always wanted to stay there. I think I missed the opportunity of staying there when it was a grand hotel. I will not return.
1 night family trip Aug 23, 2013
"classic hotel"
but given that alot of the rooms are old-ish though many are being renovated. the brunch- crazy expensive- and when i went down at 11:10 am, half the dishes were empty of food and there was no one to greet or serve me. no dinner size plates either. i did complain and then food was brought out but it demonstrated a lack of quality control at least on that day (sunday).nice small pool. very nice hotel staff.
4 night trip Aug 15, 2013
ardele
"Close to everything, but it is not a wonder"
The place has an old-fashioned appearance of luxury, but things are not suited to current habits. Hotel prices are not exactly cheap (over $ 200 daily) but the breakfast is not complimentary and the internet was charged the base $ 15 for 24 hours if used in te room. To have free internet it is necessary go to the lobby in a very crowded environement, without privaciy. I can't understand why... At checkin I asked them to assign me a well positioned room, and they gave me one on the 2nd floor overlooking the air conditioning pipes of the building (and the hotel was not completely sold, as mentioned by the frontdesk attendant) Corridors smelling bad. Strollers with leftover morning coffee yet stood the afternoon.
Other trip Aug 25, 2013
Antonio
"Everything One Could Desire in a Property"
The amenities, cuisine, culture, guest recognition, penthouse lounge, room, spa and staff are exemplary
3 night business trip Aug 13, 2013
J.R. Owens
"Nice Hotel in great part of town."
Lovely historic hotel now being used for weddings and large groups. If you're looking for an intimate experience this is not the place for you.
Other trip Aug 12, 2013
Crissy
"Lovely older hotel with character"
We enjoyed our stay and wished we were staying there longer. Did an upgrade and enjoyed the amenities. Would recommend highly.
Other trip Aug 5, 2013
"Loved it!"
Had a wonderful time there, did all the upgrades and it was totally worth it!
1 night romance trip Jul 27, 2013
Chalk
A great historic hotel at an incredible price. The daily newspapers were even delivered in a special material holder with handles. The staff were very friendly and helpful, eager to assist with directions for my car drive. Really wonderful. I would recommend this hotwl most strongly!!
1 night trip Jul 19, 2013
"Does not meet the Fairmont Standards"
I love the fairmont properties. The service is second to none. I always feel like royalty when I stay at any of their properties. This was a first at the Palliser and I was very disappointed with the condition of the hotel room. Carpet wrinkles/bumps (I also tripped coming into the room), unknown stain in the carpet right when you walk in, the bed was very low (I checked if it had a frame... it did), and the bathroom was severely outdated. It reminded me of an older Motel 6 along an interstate. The saving grace for the stay was the service was amazing and food was good.
4 night business trip Jul 21, 2013
"Enjoyed Stay"
Really enjoyed our stay. Room was good size for historic hotel, service was great and room was very clean. Would definitely recommend going Gold for excellent service.
Other trip Jul 28, 2013
Holly
"No free wi-fi!"
This is a fine core city hotel. But be forewarned that you will be charged for every "add-on" including $14/day for wi-fi connections! There is a nearby hotel with free wi-fi so this added charge seems excessive to say the least.
2 night trip Jul 20, 2013
"Continued Excellence"
Everything was as expected. The amenities, cuisine, staff, spa were all at the Fairmont class of service.
3 night business trip Jul 15, 2013
J. R. Owens
"Excellent service even during wild Stampede."
Very please with Victoria at the Gold Room suites. A keeper for customer service. Jared,, PC Check in.. Outstanding service finding us the right room,, Thanks.
2 night trip Jul 12, 2013
R&R
"Queen size bed wasn't - Is double size"
Reserved a queen room but bed wasn't a queen but a normal size double. Desk insisted they only had queens and kings. Not staying there any more.
Other trip Jun 22, 2013
Rich
"Gorgeous hotel, great location."
In the beginning the Valet were very helpful; it's a busy city with lots of traffic, they made me feel welcomed as they took my suitcases and took care of my car. Walking into the building, the hotel is absolutely gorgeous! People behind the desk were courteous and quick in getting my keycards. The rooms were well appointed. The location of the hotel is pretty good, we were walking distance from everything we wanted. I would definitely stay there again, my ONLY gripe is the food is a little too pricey for my taste.
Other trip Jun 15, 2013
Jerry
For the most part our interactions with the service staff were unsatisfactory to frustrating minus the one upon check out where she tried to remedy the situation by paying for a bottle of Evian from the minibar. I called for Sunday brunch reservations and was told that although it was on the flyer they put in our room it wasn't actually available. So I switched gears and asked about the Breakfast Buffet, reservation only and within a very limited time frame. We went to the Oak Room one night and sat waiting to be served for 30 minutes before wondering over to the bar and waiting another 10 minutes to be told they were closed and only serving the current dinner guests. We checked when leaving and the restaurant hours stated they didn't close for another 30 minutes. We wondered on high tea one morning and were blocked at the door and turned away but at least the gentleman was friendly when he turned us away. The room was clean and the closet was a nice size. The bathroom is fairly small for two people. We enjoyed using the pool, hot tub and the sauna. We wished we would have discovered the Gold Lounge on the PH level earlier, that was a charming space and we enjoyed spending an hour having a coffee and reading the paper in peace. My recommendation that if you can't get the room for under $125 for an evening, I'd skip it and stay somewhere else.
2 night romance trip Jun 7, 2013
"Wow"
The stay was awesome. I was allowed to upgrade to the gold floor which included drinks, snacks, and breakfast for a very resonable rate.
1 night business trip May 3, 2013
mteel
"First Class Hotel"
First and foremost the room wasan excellent value. Clean room, great location, friendly staff, and I could go on and on.
2 night trip Apr 19, 2013
Alex
"excellent service and rooms"
The room was beautiful. The upgrade to Gold was well worth the extra dollars. They had a full breakfast in the penthouse, plus drinks/heavy appetizers from 5-7pm also served in the penthouse and you could check out right there.
1 night trip Apr 19, 2013
"Continued Excellence"
Once again the entire gold experience was superb.
5 night business trip Apr 9, 2013
J.R. Owens
"Great customer focused team"
Arrived late and night and the lobby restaurant stayed open late so I could get a bite to eat. Very friendly and helpful
Other trip Apr 11, 2013
"Exceptional staff and accommodations"
My stay at the Palliser was very nice. The accommodations were very nice. The personnel were exceptional and they did everything possible to insure anything I needed was sought to until completion. I look forward to staying there on all future visits.
Other trip Apr 7, 2013
"Stay"
Parking valet great. Steam/whirlpool wad also great. Staff friendly and facilities great.
1 night trip Mar 16, 2013
"Great luxury site for a weekend or more"
This is a charming and beautiful hotel in downtown Calgary. Staff are extremely polite and service is great. The spa treatments were also very good. Sunday brunch was exceptional.
Other trip Mar 18, 2013
"Continued Excellence"
The facilities, property location and caring staff continue to make this my destination of choice in Calgary
4 night business trip Mar 12, 2013
J.R. Owens
Hotel is beautiful. Rooms are very cramped especially the bathroom. Everything else very nice. Not worth $400 a night at all. I have stayed in much cheaper hotels and been more comfortable in the rooms and just as nice.
1 night business trip Mar 6, 2013
ROOM SMELT LIKE SEWER & ASKED FOR ANOTHER ROOM, 2ND ROOM BETTER BUT NOT WHAT WAS EXPECTED.HAVE STAYED AT OTHER FAIRMONTS AND EXPECTED THIS TO BE OF THE SAME CALIBER BUT WAS NOT CLOSE. THIS ONE BADLY NEEDS MAINTENANCE BOTH INSIDE AND OUTSIDE.
4 night trip Feb 20, 2013
FRED
"Great location, exemplery property"
The Fairmont lived up to its promise once more. The amentities, cuisine and staff all contributed to the demands of my stay superbly.
4 night business trip Feb 19, 2013
J.R. Owens
Pros: Very nice, very classy hotel. Calgary's downtown is pretty compact, and it's right in this middle of it, so you can walk about anywhere in 30 minutes or so. There were some minor chips in the tub but everything else was in mint or near mint condition. The bed was comfortable. I'm not sure that I'd pay their full price to stay here, but at the winter rate, it's a steal. The staff is very polite and friendly. Cons: We could hear some knocking whenever the elevators were running (which is most of the time), although not enough to keep us awake, and this probably isn't an issue in every room (that's the only thing that kept me from giving it 5 stars). There also are surcharges of $30 for parking and $14 for internet oer day, so be prepared to not use those things or adjust the price accordingly.
1 night trip Feb 2, 2013
Justin
"Old world Calgary"
Since the hotel is old, the rooms are all configured differently. My bed didn't face the TV, which was a little awkward. Also, if you care about lighting, the efforts to go green have resulted in really ugly lighting in the rooms. If you're okay with avoiding mirrors, no problem! On the other hand, the desk staff was super nice. The woman on du saw that I was waiting for access to the "guest" computer, and printed out my boarding pass for me - she didn't have to do that, and it was especially kind of her. All in all, lovely public rooms, nice but unpredictable guest rooms, and a good location.
Other trip Feb 4, 2013
Kettroc
needed help with access to WiFi. It took over 30 min.to figure out the problem.
1 night trip Jan 25, 2013
"Calgary at your doorstep"
The Fairmont Palliser staff makes this historical hotel everything it can be for today's demands. . The rooms are going through renovation with in floor heating in the bathrooms, the beds are superbly comfortable. The Gold experience is true to its advertisement, excellent. I will return again.
5 night business trip Jan 21, 2013
"not satisfied"
I will never go back!!!!!!!!!!!! When we first go to our SUITE another guest was ALREADY in our SUITE, then they gave us another that was terrible, could't sleep for 3 nights, THE TRAIN passed right infront of our room!!!!!!!
4 night trip Jan 15, 2013
"Great hotel for handicapped persons"
I am handicapped and they upgraded my room when they switched me to a handicap accessible room. April at the front desk was superb in handling my situation.
Other trip Dec 14, 2012
"Superior Service"
Hotel is historic - so don't expect sleek. For my taste, pretty "grandma" decor . . . but the service was EXCEPTIONAL. Food was AMAZING (room service). Mini bar is super skimpy but who needs a ten dollar Snickers bar anyway?
2 night trip Dec 7, 2012
ObiOne
"Old School Newness"
This was my eleventh stay this year and the hotel has lived up and exceeded expectations every time. Facilities, Food, Service and outstanding.
1 night business trip Dec 6, 2012
"Most dissapointing hotel stay ever."
We expected a quality hotel of the grand old tradition. HOWEVER, the toilet had a terrible leak, had to pour 15+ cups of water into the tank to flush it. Took hours to get the room warm. Tiny room and even smaller bathroom. Food cost was outrageous, virtually no ammenities. Lobbby is lovely and staff are friendly, but for hotel is way over priced for the comfort and quality of the rooms.
Other trip Dec 6, 2012
Martin
"A Classic"
The Palliser is the definition of class and elegance.
1 night trip Nov 2, 2012
Lilly
"Close to the Calgary tower"
Excellent will be back
1 night trip Oct 5, 2012
Great location, walking distance to everything. Staff very helpful and friendly. I would stay here again.
Other trip Sep 24, 2012
"In the heart of Calgary"
This is a terrific hotel in the perfect location in downtown Calgary... just a block from all the great restaurants and shopping. If your business trip takes you to downtown Calgary, you really can't beat this location. And of course, since it's a Fairmont, the staff are top notch.
Business trip Sep 10, 2012
Kyle
"Sold on Fairmont Properties"
Lovely, relaxing, great service. Stayed in 8 Fairmont Properties in last 12 days and all were great!
Other trip Sep 6, 2012
"Great Lobby but otherwise disappointed"
The Fairmont Palliser is in a great location. We rented two rooms, one for ourselves and one for our son and daugh-in-law. The lobby is a wonderful, grand, vintage space, nicely restored and maintained. We used it each day for visiting and for enjoying a wonderful dessert from the Rimrock restaurant. The rooms, however, were disappointing. The beds were comfortable but the carpet was stained and unsightly. We could live with the fact that the bathroom was very small and cramped but the tub tile was long overdue for replacement and the sink faucet was undersized and difficult to use. We were very disappointed to discover that the advertised WiFi availability was $14 per day. In this day and age that seems silly and stingy. We were glad to be near Starbucks for free WiFi. The parking, including taxes was $38 per day. Overall: disappointed.
Other trip Sep 6, 2012
Great hotel, close to street with great restaurants.
Other trip Aug 30, 2012
"Great for an extended stay"
Living out a of a hotel for three weeks is difficult for anyone! The Palliser helped to make my stay more comfortable while I was here. The staff were all very friendly, helpful, and attentive. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone. Cleanliness of room/hotel: Excellent. Quality of Service: Excellent. Hotel amenities: Great, however, there were some things the hotel didn't have (Such as aspirin. Additionally, the pool was small and shallow and the work out room was also small but for a brief stay I think they're suitable.) Hotel Location: Great
Business trip Aug 13, 2012
Business Traveler
"Change in Rooms"
The rooms are very Old. The carpet is so Old that you dont even want to touch it. The bath tub was old as well. The hotel has a great location they should invest in better rooms. Change the carpets, change the shower(better pressure) change the bath tub.
Other trip Aug 5, 2012
"I would like to come back on a weekend"
Travelling on business. The exercise room was an odd shape but was well equipped. I didn't eat at the hotel because there were so many other options in town. The room was very quiet although the hotel was fairly full. This hotel must have been a gem in its time - a good location to shoot a movie. It is still well kept and charming, but not trendy. You must pay for wi-fi. My room had a mini-bar fridge. I don't use those anyway and this one was not cold. Plenty of public space - nice chairs and tables on the lobby level but also the basement and mezzanine levels.
Other trip Aug 3, 2012
Traveller
"Hidden fees make stay way overpriced"
No public wifi available, internet service and parking very expensive for what you were getting, front desk service was very hit or miss regarding knowledge, courtesy and availability, lobby area stark and uncomfortable with no amenities at all, nothing romantic, functional or cost effective with this stay. Even location was compromised by traffic flow and location of mass transit.
Romance trip Jul 30, 2012

"The only choice"
Love staying here! Perfect service from start to finish. Professional staff, amazing newly renowned room, Quick convenient valet parking (30bucks), delicious fast in room breakfast (Average 30 after fee).
1 night trip Jun 6, 2015