All hotels in Calgary, Alberta, Canada

• Wellness Area
    Great wellness & sports facilities
    Breakfast is average
  • Value for money
    Fairly good value for money
"Excellent location."
Great facility and staff.
2 night business trip Jul 23, 2014
The service and room were of high standards. The only less than complimentary issue worth mentioning is that we found parking to be inconvenient and expensive.
2 night trip Jul 20, 2014
"Over priced and worn glamour"
The hotel is more than 100 years old. While it's been maintained, the comforts of a modern hotel just aren't there. The staff were mixed: some helpful; others standoff-ish and rude. I'm surprised that this qualifies as a Fairmont property!
3 night trip Jul 9, 2014
"Hotel was once very hi end but is need of a renova"
Staff was accommodating, Spa was not very good. Not even close to spa atmosphere for how they advertise it. You basically wear your spa ripe in the middle of a public area. Very disappointing.
Other trip Jul 10, 2014
Greg
"Very nice"
Service was excellent. The interior of the hotel was something out of a movie. Very nice.
1 night romance trip Jun 30, 2014
Jerrmy
"Positive review"
Met expectations for a high-end hotel at a fantastic price. Parking price a bit on the steep side, but that was to be expected in downtown Edmonton. Carpets of the hotel do carry a certain "charm" though. Very positive experience overall.
1 night romance trip Jun 27, 2014
"Very good location, right next to Calgary Tower"
Comfortable room. however keeping up with the time - should offer free WiFi.
1 night trip Jun 30, 2014
"very comfortable downtown core hotel"
If you have to be in the downtown core of Calgary (like I did for a conference), then the Palliser is a excellent choice.
3 night business trip Apr 9, 2014
Ryan
"Beautful architecture, great service and location"
They just dont build hotels like this anymore. The architecutre and charactrer of the place must be seen to appreciate. Service was great across the board and the locaiton is excellent. Some items in the room needed attention (A little tired) but nothing which detracted from my stay.
2 night business trip Feb 25, 2014
"Overcharge for internet and parking"
The hotel is nice and the rooms are adequate. In my opinion hotels should not charge extra for internet - just like they don't charge for hot water, towels, sheets, etc. Wireless access is a requirement for travelers these days and should be included in the room price. Also, we parked for less than 24 hours and the charge (for self parking in the adjacent parking structure) was $52!
Other trip Feb 1, 2014
"Luxurious Hotel in the Heart of Calgary"
I stayed at the Fairmont Palliser for 2 nights. It was luxurious and extremely comfortable. It had everything I needed including a fridge, hairdryer, shower cap and very nice soaps, shampoos and conditioners. The room was quiet and dark. Very comfortable. I would highly recommend it to anyone. Treat yourself!
Other trip Jan 16, 2014
"Continued Excellence"
Everything
2 night business trip Jan 9, 2014
J.R. Owens
"Central Location"
Parking Situation: Self parking is not associated with the hotel and there is a charge for taking your vehicle in and out. Valet parking is $38 per 24 hours. Even the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel charged only $25. The buffet breakfast is not even close to the quality and variety offered at the Fairmont Banff Springs--no omelet station or hot food variety. Explanation of hotel features was not offered at check-in. Our room was supposed to be non smoking; however, smoking was noticed in our hallway and adjacent rooms.
Other trip Jan 2, 2014
Rich
"Lovely"
Great stay. Enjoyed the location and the service. Would definitely stay there again.
1 night trip Dec 27, 2013
"Classis hotel stay"
I love the Palliser. It is a beautiful grand old building, soon to celebrate it's 100 year anniversary. It takes you back to nostalgic times.
2 night trip Dec 22, 2013
Jennifer Hunter
"Our bed was too small for a 6'2 man."
It was nice. I always like coming to the Palliser. But this time, the room was too cold. The comforter too thing and the beds too short.
1 night trip Nov 30, 2013
"Feeling spoiled"
Staying downtown Calgary can be expensive, but of the choices available, the Fairmont Palliser is centrally located and very comfortable. The staff is especially helpful, lots of in-room amenities such as a Keurig machine and full-size kettle in room. The bed is very comfortable and the rooms don't feel small. Will be booking again...
Other trip Dec 9, 2013
Beth
"good price and first class service"
great location and fun hotel
3 night trip Nov 15, 2013
mike
"First time in Calgary"
My husband and I stayed at this hotel for a few nights before heading to Lake Louise. The hotel had some very pretty details and was in a nice location. We walked everywhere we went which was convenient. It was generally very nice. Our room was quite small although we didn't really care. I would recommend this hotel. I asked them a few questions on Facebook about things to do in the city before our trip, and when we arrived they brought us chocolates shaped like cowboy hats and a handwritten note to say thanks. It was a nice touch. They do not offer free wi-fi but you can get it if you visit the Marriott/Starbucks next door. My biggest complaint was that the girl at the front desk told me they did not have stamps for purchase so that I could send postcards back home, and then told me that she had no idea where I could get any. It was frustrating as we were leaving town the next day and she didn't seem willing to help me find a solution. I had to walk to a few locations in the city and ask locals for help, before finding a post office in a Hallmark store. What a waste of good vacation time!
Other trip Nov 18, 2013
"Beautiful Hotel!"
Enjoyed everything - could have used more counter space in the bathroom, but loved the PH breakfast!
2 night trip Nov 8, 2013
Deborah
The elevators were fast and spacious, the halls were wide and very clean. We felt safe and cared for. Enough towels and toiletries every day. Cleanliness and friendliness of the employees were superior. Very helpful suggestions were freely given to any and all questions.
Other trip Oct 28, 2013
Lois
"Great location and hotel"
Great quality and choice for the savvy business traveller. Great gym, pool and location.
1 night business trip Oct 22, 2013
Albert
"central to downtown"
Other than the room being a bit small, no chest of drawers and a $37 per day parking (plus tip) the stay was fine.However, next visit will be nearer the airports and parking will be included.
5 night family trip Oct 10, 2013
george s
"Classy Hotel with a wide variety of services."
Probably the friendliest hotel I have ever stayed in. All staff were available whenever I needed. All services I used were exceptional. The room was immaculate and comfortable.
Other trip Oct 12, 2013
"Lovely older, grand hotel."
Enjoyed staying there for the five days I was working in Calgary. Very convient to much of the downtown goings-on.
Other trip Oct 7, 2013
Tulipe
"Wonderful on all levels"
I totally enjoyed my stay and have joined their President's Club. The one major difficulty was in getting a receipt. They told me you need to send it to me. I need it for my business. Can you please emil at this address?Thank you.
3 night trip Sep 27, 2013
"Excellent hotel, average service"
Hotel is beautiful. Front desk staff looked tired and disinterested in a good customer experience.
1 night trip Sep 14, 2013
Omar
"College begins"
Very nice hotel centrally located. The staff was very helpful, especially when we left our passports in the room safe and had to return to the hotel to retrieve them! Valet time was a little long, but staff was always very courteous and helpful
Other trip Sep 7, 2013
anne
"It's location in the heart of down-town"
Unfortunately we arrived late at night and the hotel was surrounded by unkempt individuals in varying stages of intoxication that just seemed to be hanging around outside. I did not feel safe since I brought my young grand-daughter. In the morning, the scene outside had changed and it was nice. I got the room online for a great rate and had always wanted to stay there. I think I missed the opportunity of staying there when it was a grand hotel. I will not return.
1 night family trip Aug 23, 2013
"classic hotel"
but given that alot of the rooms are old-ish though many are being renovated. the brunch- crazy expensive- and when i went down at 11:10 am, half the dishes were empty of food and there was no one to greet or serve me. no dinner size plates either. i did complain and then food was brought out but it demonstrated a lack of quality control at least on that day (sunday).nice small pool. very nice hotel staff.
4 night trip Aug 15, 2013
ardele
"Close to everything, but it is not a wonder"
The place has an old-fashioned appearance of luxury, but things are not suited to current habits. Hotel prices are not exactly cheap (over $ 200 daily) but the breakfast is not complimentary and the internet was charged the base $ 15 for 24 hours if used in te room. To have free internet it is necessary go to the lobby in a very crowded environement, without privaciy. I can't understand why... At checkin I asked them to assign me a well positioned room, and they gave me one on the 2nd floor overlooking the air conditioning pipes of the building (and the hotel was not completely sold, as mentioned by the frontdesk attendant) Corridors smelling bad. Strollers with leftover morning coffee yet stood the afternoon.
Other trip Aug 25, 2013
Antonio
"Everything One Could Desire in a Property"
The amenities, cuisine, culture, guest recognition, penthouse lounge, room, spa and staff are exemplary
3 night business trip Aug 13, 2013
J.R. Owens
"Nice Hotel in great part of town."
Lovely historic hotel now being used for weddings and large groups. If you're looking for an intimate experience this is not the place for you.
Other trip Aug 12, 2013
Crissy
"Lovely older hotel with character"
We enjoyed our stay and wished we were staying there longer. Did an upgrade and enjoyed the amenities. Would recommend highly.
Other trip Aug 5, 2013
"Loved it!"
Had a wonderful time there, did all the upgrades and it was totally worth it!
1 night romance trip Jul 27, 2013
Chalk
A great historic hotel at an incredible price. The daily newspapers were even delivered in a special material holder with handles. The staff were very friendly and helpful, eager to assist with directions for my car drive. Really wonderful. I would recommend this hotwl most strongly!!
1 night trip Jul 19, 2013
"Does not meet the Fairmont Standards"
I love the fairmont properties. The service is second to none. I always feel like royalty when I stay at any of their properties. This was a first at the Palliser and I was very disappointed with the condition of the hotel room. Carpet wrinkles/bumps (I also tripped coming into the room), unknown stain in the carpet right when you walk in, the bed was very low (I checked if it had a frame... it did), and the bathroom was severely outdated. It reminded me of an older Motel 6 along an interstate. The saving grace for the stay was the service was amazing and food was good.
4 night business trip Jul 21, 2013
"Enjoyed Stay"
Really enjoyed our stay. Room was good size for historic hotel, service was great and room was very clean. Would definitely recommend going Gold for excellent service.
Other trip Jul 28, 2013
Holly
"No free wi-fi!"
This is a fine core city hotel. But be forewarned that you will be charged for every "add-on" including $14/day for wi-fi connections! There is a nearby hotel with free wi-fi so this added charge seems excessive to say the least.
2 night trip Jul 20, 2013
"Continued Excellence"
Everything was as expected. The amenities, cuisine, staff, spa were all at the Fairmont class of service.
3 night business trip Jul 15, 2013
J. R. Owens
"Excellent service even during wild Stampede."
Very please with Victoria at the Gold Room suites. A keeper for customer service. Jared,, PC Check in.. Outstanding service finding us the right room,, Thanks.
2 night trip Jul 12, 2013
R&R
"Queen size bed wasn't - Is double size"
Reserved a queen room but bed wasn't a queen but a normal size double. Desk insisted they only had queens and kings. Not staying there any more.
Other trip Jun 22, 2013
Rich
"Gorgeous hotel, great location."
In the beginning the Valet were very helpful; it's a busy city with lots of traffic, they made me feel welcomed as they took my suitcases and took care of my car. Walking into the building, the hotel is absolutely gorgeous! People behind the desk were courteous and quick in getting my keycards. The rooms were well appointed. The location of the hotel is pretty good, we were walking distance from everything we wanted. I would definitely stay there again, my ONLY gripe is the food is a little too pricey for my taste.
Other trip Jun 15, 2013
Jerry
For the most part our interactions with the service staff were unsatisfactory to frustrating minus the one upon check out where she tried to remedy the situation by paying for a bottle of Evian from the minibar. I called for Sunday brunch reservations and was told that although it was on the flyer they put in our room it wasn't actually available. So I switched gears and asked about the Breakfast Buffet, reservation only and within a very limited time frame. We went to the Oak Room one night and sat waiting to be served for 30 minutes before wondering over to the bar and waiting another 10 minutes to be told they were closed and only serving the current dinner guests. We checked when leaving and the restaurant hours stated they didn't close for another 30 minutes. We wondered on high tea one morning and were blocked at the door and turned away but at least the gentleman was friendly when he turned us away. The room was clean and the closet was a nice size. The bathroom is fairly small for two people. We enjoyed using the pool, hot tub and the sauna. We wished we would have discovered the Gold Lounge on the PH level earlier, that was a charming space and we enjoyed spending an hour having a coffee and reading the paper in peace. My recommendation that if you can't get the room for under $125 for an evening, I'd skip it and stay somewhere else.
2 night romance trip Jun 7, 2013
"Wow"
The stay was awesome. I was allowed to upgrade to the gold floor which included drinks, snacks, and breakfast for a very resonable rate.
1 night business trip May 3, 2013
mteel

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Super impressed"
Located right in the downtown core. Staff was exceptional. Nicest hotel I'll possibly ever stay in
Response by The Fairmont Palliser
Dear Karl, Thank you for the 'nicest' review, too! We look forward to welcome you back. Best, Jacqueline Tyler Communications Manager Fairmont Palliser
1 night romance trip Apr 7, 2016
Karl
"One Night Stay"
Usually have a quick trip one overnight, arrive evening night before, so hotel has great location, easy walk to office.Great lounge\ food if you feel like being around people or great room service if you have work or need alone time !
Response by The Fairmont Palliser
Dear Terry, Thank you for your review and comments regarding our Lounge and in-room dining! We look forward to welcome you back! Best, Jacqueline Tyler Communications Manager Fairmont Palliser
1 night business trip Mar 31, 2016
Terry
"Luxury in Cowtown"
Stayed here with a friend from overseas while I showed off Calgary to my visitor. Made a great impression.
Response by The Fairmont Palliser
Dear Guest - so glad we impressed! Best, Jacqueline Tyler Communications Manager Fairmont Palliser
1 night trip with friends Apr 1, 2016
"An enchanting historic building."
Stayed for one night in a simple king bed room.. When we arrived the staff was eager to help us in with our luggage, and generally very welcoming. They had a local artist painting beautiful pictures in the sitting area. The room has a very luxurious feeling when you walk in, bed and pillows were super comfortable, and the temperature was perfect. We ordered room service and the food was PHENOMENAL. It arrived within 20-25 minutes of ordering, hot and fresh. They wheeled in a small table complete with a romantic little flower in the center. Would definitely say it is worth the extra bit of money it costs to stay here. Truly a relaxing experience.
Response by The Fairmont Palliser
Dear Guest, We are so pleased we delighted you with our in-room dining service especially! We look forward to welcome you back! Best, Jacqueline Tyler Communications Manager Fairmont Palliser
1 night romance trip Mar 27, 2016
"Will stay here again, for sure."
My stay at the fairmont palliser was nothing but good! I enjoy quaint/old fashioned hotel building, which this is. But everything offered is modern/chic. The staff was extremely polite AND service oriented, which made my stay more enjoyable. The room service request/response was prompt! The hotel amenities I used were the pool and hot tub. Which were also top notch. Only improvement I'd recommend is improving the vallet service. They said it takes 15-20 mins for the car to be brought out. Considering this, we called them in advance of checking out... U fortunately, it took them close to 50 mins to bring the car.. Which felt like hours! All this time in the hotel lobby or out in front because I had already checked out...
Response by The Fairmont Palliser
Dear Guest, Thank you for this review! We also hope that your experience with our valet team, is quicker for you next time! Best, Jacqueline Tyler Communications Manager Fairmont Palliser
1 night trip with friends Mar 26, 2016