All hotels in St. Andrews, New Brunswick, Canada
184 Adolphus Street, St. Andrews, NB, E5B1T7, Canada, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.9
    4.8

"Wonderful"
Excellent grand old Hotel, great pools, fab views.
1 night family trip Jul 20, 2015
Margaret
"A great hotel in St Andrews"
We were there only for one night. We booked the room online and were very happy with the hotel. We happened to be there when there was a triathlon going on and the place was very busy. The room was great, clean, luxuriously appointed, and comfortable. The kids used the indoor pool, which is in a separate pavilion, with a nice water slide. The hotel staff kindly let them use it well beyond the stated close time, which was great.
1 night family trip Jul 3, 2015
Christian
"Amazing!"
There was nothing bad to say about this hotel, it was beautiful and the staff were friendly and helpful. The only downside to the location is that because it is a small town the restaurants closed by 9, and those that were open did not allow for kids which left very little options for a late meal
1 night family trip Jul 11, 2015
"Wonderful feeling"
The hotel feels more like a summer place than a hotel. There are always people sitting and talking and playing games and general socializing. It has a "homey" feel to it. The staff are friendly and helpful. Lovely place to visit!
2 night romance trip Jun 30, 2015
Christian
"Going in the right direction"
Fabulous decor and atmosphere, clean and up to date. Staff a little too friendly, as in working too hard at being polite and friendly ( just relax, guys! ). Food average: waffles were hard on the edges and the variety for breakfast was just okay. Fruit bowl for example could use a couple more fruit types in the mix.
3 night romance trip Jun 6, 2015
"Very well renovated, incredible location,attentive"
The hotel and the town are very charming. The hotel is immaculate and the staff earnest. Highly recommended. Only potential complaint that someone might make is that the renovation seems to have removed some period details.
Other trip May 24, 2015
Charles H
"Lovely luxury seaside hotel."
this is our second stay at his hotel this year. The staff are very friendly, polite and knowledgable. The hotel has been updated recently and the rooms are very nice. The bathrooms are modern and up to European standard although the two rooms we had the time the bathrooms were quite small. The quality and cleanliness makes up for his though. The beds are extremely comfortable and the rooms tastefully decorated to reflect the local area. We ate in Braxton's and the food was outstanding. Braxton's are consistent in providing excellent food as we have eaten here three times before and had the same experience. The service in the restaurant is also consistently high with the servers being very knowledgeable about each dish. The pool and pool area is clean and light with an amazing water slide. I will definitely be visiting again soon.
1 night family trip May 9, 2015
Loretta
"Fantastic"
Couldn't go out and do anything...bed was too comfortable.
Other trip May 12, 2015
Deke
"Once in a lifetime..."
We went to celebrate our anniversary. We expected luxury and excellent service. We were disappointed. The parking lot is far from the door and there was no valet. We expected to be served and waited on when we arrived but had to wait in line and carry our own bags. The room was tiny and the bathroom was very small. ie had to squeeze in to close the door. We had to call twice to get a crib for our baby even though we requested one in our reservation and when we checked in. Our room did not have many of the basic cable channels that we get at home. The best part of our stay was that bed was very comfortable. The pool was very nice and the kids had fun. Supper was great but pricy. We thought breakfast was included but ended up with a 50 dollar charge for a continental breakfast that was of inferior quality.
Other trip May 11, 2015
"friendly helpful staff"
We were there in the off season and lady at the front desk phoned several times to the aquarium trying to get us in to see the seals being fed. Unfortunately she was unsuccessful. We had lovely weather and nice walks around town and of course some successful shopping. Would love to go again in the summer.
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
Joan
"Perfect mixture of modern and classic"
- March stay, overnight due to 1 consecutive days of business in a nearby town. - the multimillion dollar renovation on this hotel last year is stellar. retains its "historic" feeling....but with a modern flair. warm propane fireplaces everywhere in the lobby / bar. fully modernized gym and pool (with a wicked waterslide.....not just for kids)....staff are attentive. I've never stayed here "off season" before....but glad I did last week.
1 night business trip Mar 18, 2015
Christopher
"Business"
Good. I got a pet friendly room and asked to change to pet free and this change was looked after immediately. No restaurants in the area so ate at the hotel. Food was very good as well as the service
3 night business trip Mar 1, 2015
Judith
"Delightful historic hotel in seaside resort"
Lovely historic hotel - decorated with a nod to history, and to local artists and artisans. Renovated premises , with modern baths and elegant, comfortable beds . Working fireplaces in lobby, and seasonal touches add to ambience. A most enjoyable stay!
Other trip Nov 25, 2014
AJ
"Heavenly stay!"
This hotel was lovely! I would stay here in an instance - in fact I would travel to St. Andrews just to stay here. The grounds are beautiful, the room was spacious and well decorated and the bed was one of the comfiest I've ever slept in! Can't wait to come back!
"Excellent hotel"
Very enjoyable. The newly renovated hotel has everything.
Other trip Oct 30, 2014
Judi
"Spectacular"
This hotel has recently been renovated and it is delightful. The rooms are beautiful and the small touches and staff make it such a pleasant experience. Also close to the main town area. Highly recommend this hotel
1 night family trip Oct 20, 2014
McCamster
"Pleased"
Returned after many years and were impressed. The renos are quite amazing. Front staff excellent. Hoed to play golf, but unfortunately it rained both days. Will try again September 2015. The bathroom needs a toilet paper roller. ? light in spacious close.
2 night romance trip Oct 23, 2014
Ronald
"Bucket list success"
One of my bucket list trips- to see the leaves of autumn on the east coast of Canada. It was wonderful and the last night of my trip was spent in this beautiful town in this wonderful historic hotel I had a perfect time.
1 night trip Oct 17, 2014
Roma
"Resort centric stop"
St andrews is on a peninsular opposite USA, and the Funds bay is close at hand. Swimming pool with water shoot, tennis courts bbq pits.
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
"Look no more"
The room was very comfortable. Staff was very helpful and polite and looked they enjoyed what they doing. Absoluutely great service. Will definitely return to the Algonguin Hotel in St. Andrews by th Sea in New Brunswick.
1 night family trip Sep 25, 2014
Joycelyn
"Close to downtown."
Disappointed with the quantity of the entree's we ordered, considering the price. At times we felt like we were being rushed thru dinner, even though the dining room was clearly not full. We thought our server hovered over us at times.
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
Olivia
"Perfection"
Spur of the moment booking we couldn't have been more impressed with the resort and staff.
Other trip Sep 28, 2014
"APPEARANCE OF HOTEL"
I LOVE ANYTHING THAT IS VINTAGE. I'M NOT SURE HOW OLD THE HOTEL IS BUT IT REMINDS BE OF THE 20-30'S. ART DECO. ONCE YOU GET INTO YOUR ROOM --IT'S ALL CONVENIENCE AND COMFORT AND MODERN. WE WENT TO SEE ( IF WE WERE LUCKY ) WHALES AND SEALS IN THE WILD. IT WAS SUCH A GREAT DAY---WE GOT TO SEE 3 HUGE WHALES AND 1 SEAL.
Other trip Sep 23, 2014
DOUG
"On the waterfront"
Nice hotel on the waterfront within easy walking distance to downtown restaurants. Quick access to underground parking.
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
"Booking did not match what I received"
I booked a bay view room with a king size bed.What I was taken to was a small room with a queen size bed and only one armchair. not a tall what I had expected. We asked to get a room with a king size bed. It was a much better sized room, but had only an oblique view of the bay. The dining room food was acceptable, though not to the level I had anticipated. We had oysters to start dinner, and according to the menu they came with two dressings, which we assumed would be on the side so we could dip and try. They were already on top of the oysters and one was so hot as to be burning to the taste. Much better to allow customers to choose what they wish to add to the oysters, which, by the way, were the smallest I have ever seen. Staff were universally helpful. It's a grand old resort, tastefully modernized.
2 night trip Sep 16, 2014
"Beautifully renovated building with amazing views."
Perfectly relaxing 4 days at Algonquin. Visited St. Andrews by the Sea including the County Court, the old prison, the old Sheriff's house. Drove to Minister's island & took the whale watching boat tour. All worthwhile. Had two excellent dinners at nearby Rossmount Inn restaurant & a very good dinner at Europa Inn.
Other trip Sep 14, 2014
Val
"Extra Details Made a Huge Impression"
Inside and out the hotel is beautiful - including it's people. But it's the 'extras' I want to comment on...The piano that sits on the grounds with a sign inviting those who are musical to play and share their talent. The firepits and chairs that invite people to start a bonfire, even to borrow a hotel guitar to play around the fire. It's the nightly toast to the sunset. The invite to borrow a bike to explore the area and hotel grounds. It all made me feel part of a community - to belong in a place where I knew nobody and yet felt comfortable. And it set the mood for the entire community of St. Andrews that was much more of the same. I'm in love with this place. The staff was incredibly friendly and welcoming. The beds were the most comfortable of any hotel I've stayed in - the duvets were beyond luxurious. The shower was heavenly. Really, one night was not enough. As the name suggests, this really is a resort, not just a hotel and to get the whole experience I feel one night was just not enough.
Other trip Sep 4, 2014
Tammy
The room I was initially assigned was terrible. It was dark and small (Rm 444). I asked the next morning if I could be placed in another room for my remaining 4 nights and I was accommodated without any issue at all. I found some of the staff quite friendly and helpful (front desk) while others not so much (Braxton's Bar).
4 night business trip Aug 25, 2014
"So much to do in a small area"
It was excellent...an awesome place to relax
3 night trip Aug 25, 2014
Anna
"Old time Elegance"
A fine old resort, modernized and truly elegant, at a reasonable cost.
Other trip Aug 28, 2014
Maddie
"Excellent Hotel"
We stayed at the Algonquin for 3 nights. The lady who checked us in spent a lot of time telling us about all the points of interest, places to eat, etc. We really appreciated it. Older hotel that is well maintained & very comfortable. The food was great, actually the best we had while in the area. The food service however, definitely requires some improvement. We ate outside on the patio for 2 evenings. Service was painfully slow & on our second night, the service was just poor.
Other trip Aug 26, 2014
Ted
"Management company misses the point..m"
Seems the management co is best suited to run a Best Western. The staff do not have the manpower backup to operated a world class vacation resort. This supposed to be that. Even the staff voiced their frustration when asked why the hold ups and miscues? When running a vacation resort a management company does not nickel and dime the operation.Newcastle Management is out to impress shareholders at the expense of staff and guests. I would definitely not recommend this resort....until Newcastle moves beyond Best Western thinking into world class resort service development.
Other trip Aug 24, 2014
well travelled
Everything was excellent except we were unable to secure a table for dinner and breakfast in the dining room. The dining room is much too small for the number of hotel rooms.
1 night trip Aug 10, 2014
"A must stay hotel!"
We loved it! It's great for families, our girls loved the slide, pool was clean, nice gym, lovely, lovely place! Starbucks coffee and hot chocolate in the lobby - nice perk!
1 night trip Aug 10, 2014
Sarah and the girls
"Great staff, and beautiful rooms"
The Algonquin hotel is a wonderful property, it looks brand new with renovation finished a few months ago. Buffet breakfast and service at the restaurant are what we can expect from a 4* hotel. The room was nice but I was a bit upset because you do not want to see cables (phone, lamp) coming out from the wall. I definitively recommend this place!
1 night family trip Aug 7, 2014
Alexis
"A badly run hotel"
Dinner was a disaster. First we were told the dining room was all booked up, maybe because a wedding had taken over the hotel. But also the dining room is small for such a large hotel! So whether it's breakfast or dinner you can't gets in and they route you over to the bar area. On top of that there is a nice terrace behind the bar many staff didn't even know about and could have recommended when we found the dining room was full. Luckily we bumped into a waitress who knew about it. But then the fun started - at first we were told the dining room menu was unavailable in the bar and terrace area, then we managed to get it changed. Then the main course took half an hour to arrive, then the dessert took even longer to the point where I was running around trying to find out what on earth was happening! Finally after kicking up a stink thank goodness the Dining Room manager arrived and offered us a complementary dinner the next evening which we really appreciated. She was the only manager who I would say knew what she was doing. Then we arrived back at the room on the first full day there at 4.30 pm to find no one had made up the room. We were told that they were giving priority to new guests checking in ! Then when the girl came to do the room she admitted she was not in housekeeping and my wife had to tell her what to do! Housekeeping was clearly totally disorganized - a tray of dirty dishes was left out of an adjacent room on Saturday night and was only collected on Monday!
Other trip Aug 8, 2014
Alan
This is a wonderful hotel and in a beautiful location. A fantastic place for a family holiday. however, this hotel is new and has some early growing pains, surprising for a Marriot. Doesn't seem to be enough staff or enough experienced staff. Although they are lovely. It seems to take at Keats an hour for any bar food to arrive. Kids menu needs seriously addressing as the cheapest meal for children us $15. That doesn't include a drink or a dessert and is the most expensive children's menu I have ever seen worldwide,You see many families drinking their own wine and ordering their own pizza. As a result Not surprising. Good for local business but truly inconvenient . ESP if you then waited for over an hour for it to arrive with cranky hungry children. Hopefully they will figure out the kitchen issues and address who their customers are,
3 night trip Aug 3, 2014
A regular visitor to St. Andrews
"Beautiful!"
Fantastic renos, beautiful hotel with all the charm of yesteryear.
1 night family trip Aug 1, 2014
Chris Battis
"The Algonqin St. Andrews by the Sea NB"
Wonderful experience at this hotel. Beautiful location, staff very attentive.
"Incredible Value"
The Algonquin Resort is a must stay for every east coast traveller! The History is incredible, the renovation of the hotel is second to none and the amenities are amazing. The surrounding town of St Andrews is picturesque and chock full of things to do with great shops, restaurants and tours and all a stones throw from the hotel. It does not get better than this folks!
1 night trip Jul 27, 2014
Jeff Glover
"Great getaway"
Everything was wonderful from the time of our arrival. The staff was young and enthusiastic and took great care of us. We had a room on the fourth floor with an ocean view. I enjoyed evening cocktails on the veranda the most.
Other trip Jul 24, 2014
"Awesome hotel!"
Our stay at your hotel was THE best part of our vacation in the Maritimes! The porch became a favorite place for us to sit and relax each night. The outdoor pool was a perfect temperature and we enjoyed it very much. Thank you! Thank you!
Other trip Jul 18, 2014
Wrenell
I really enjoyed my stay but disappointed with the breakfast. Too much expensive for what I got. 7.$ for a small latte, poor quality of the ham (very salty), no fruit. It didn't worth $60. for 2 persons ( including the tip).
1 night trip Jul 14, 2014
"Well done refit of hotel"
Hotel and facilities are very nice and staff friendly. Food, beverage and snack prices were fairly high.
Other trip Jul 13, 2014
andrew
"A great place to escape to."
It was amazing! The staff was very friendly, it is close to al amenities that Saint Andrews has to offer and with in walking distance to the center of town, golf course and the ocean.
1 night romance trip Jun 27, 2014
Jan
"Algonquin Hotel"
Beautiful hotel but not quite has reached its potential. Renos were incomplete and the grounds a bit unkept. The staff were lovely and overall we were very pleased with our stay.
Other trip Jul 1, 2014
"Unbelievably new and clean facility- beautiful!"
We can't wait to go back!
1 night romance trip Jun 21, 2014
happy
"Poor, poor service that makes you leave early"
Funny how the big hotels do not provide any service. After greeting us friendly at the front entrance, any further attempts to garner service left us empty and we left a day early as a result. While I was working, my wife wanted to work in the room after it was cleaned so posted the "make up the room" sign. After no service from 9am-2pm, I tried calling housekeeping (no answer), guest services (no answer) and finally the front desk (no answer). I personally went down to the front desk and asked that they make up the room immediately so that my wife could work in a clean room. They took down my room number and name but nothing came of it - no service. When I returned from work at 5pm with no clean room, we packed up and left the hotel one night early. The front desk made no attempt to apologize, compensate or rectify the situation. It is not too much to ask a hotel to try and please a customer - a friendly, and polite one at that. Some form of concern, and attempts at pleasing our situation would have gone a long way and not resulted in this poor rating. Sorry, but we'll never go back.
2 night business trip Jun 1, 2014
"A Real Treat!"
This is a first class resort hotel located in a tourist resort area. The hotel has all sorts of amenities including s golf course and tennis courts. It also has access to a variety of activities in St. Andrew's by the Sea. Our room was very large and very comfortable. It was also very costly but worth the extravagance for special occasions. Our room was very quiet; you'd hardly know there was anyone else in the hotel. We had dinner in the dining room and our meals were excellent. A real treat!!
1 night trip May 24, 2014
"Complete Overhaul"
They have spent the better part of $20m renovating this hotel since my last stay in 2009. While construction is not yet 100% complete, the ongoing works seem very limited and we didn't hear any construction noise. The new rooms are huge improvement over the old ones - thoroughly modern and well appointed. While the common areas have been spruced up with new decor too, somehow the old world charm and character still permeates through the less inspiring (but still comfortable) cookie-cutter hotel furnishings. Service was impeccable (genuinely outstanding). Kids loved the waterslide.
2 night trip May 18, 2014