All hotels in Winchester, Kentucky, United States of America
5250 Revilo Rd, Winchester, KY, 40391, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9246

"Really??"
I find it convenient that you won't accept a critique that might be negative. That just proves how little you care for you customers. This return email only fuels my story of how bad your customer service policies are and encourages me to spread my experience with you to more people.
3 night trip with friends Apr 23, 2015
"KEEP DRIVING!"
Do not waste your time or money. It is not like other Holiday Inn Express locations. Had to drive through a truck stop to get into the parking lot. Hallways stank of cigarettes, construction workers on site were smoking inside and outside of the building. Door on our room was halfway off the hinges like someone had tried to break it down, very hard to open and close. We had hot water in the sink, but control valve on tub would not turn all the way to hot. Husband took a cold shower, but I did without. No restaurants other than fast food in immediate area. Believe it or not, all the rooms were booked, so they did not have another room to give us. They could not refund our money since we had booked through Hotels.com. This is only time I have ever left a bad review. Ordinarily I have good luck with Hotels.com and with Holiday Inn Express.
1 night romance trip Oct 21, 2014
"Very convent, right off 64. Not far from Lexington"
The staff was very helpful. They would help us with directions and suggestions on sightseeing ideas.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
Vickie
"Close to Fort Boonesborogh State Park"
Our stay was over a holiday weekend and the personnel working were nice and helpful. The rooms were clean and the beds were so comfortable. The grandkids loved the pool! We will stay at this hotel again next year!
1 night trip Aug 30, 2014
Indiana Girl
"Disappointmented"
I ask for a frig on friday afternoon was told they would get one for me sunday at check out still no frig. The hall way smelled of mold and the breakfast was not good at all. Very disappointed.
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
"Big disappointment"
As a frequent user of Holiday Inn Express we were extremely disappointed with this location. The common areas of the hotel were filthy and the hotel had no ice or towels. How can a hotel not provide bath towels for four when you book a double room for four? We were just told they were "in the dryer and come back in 20 minutes". Well we ended up having to go to the lobby at 6:15 in the morning to get the towels they never dropped off. And we were never able to get any ice our whole stay. Also the treadmill was broken, the water cooler was empty, so the work out we planned on was a no-go. On the plus side, our room was very clean, shower was awesome and breakfast was good as usual. That being said, I am still reluctant to stay at a HI Express again!
1 night family trip Jun 21, 2014
Jen
Great stay
1 night trip May 25, 2014
"Not up to standards."
This hotel was not what I expect from Holiday Inn or Express. To be fair, it is being remodeled. However, the service at the desk was slow and understaffed a d not very knowledgeable. The phone system was down the first night which was a security issue. I called in on my cell to let them know and they said they knew but had no idea the problem or how long it would be out. Was still out when I left in the morning. The access to the motel itself is difficult and confusing and poorly marked. Not a preferable motel.
Other trip May 19, 2014
Al
Traveling back to Texas from West Virginia..... Not what we expected it what holiday inn website depicted. Wasted money.....
Other trip May 4, 2014
"Holiday Inn Whinchester"
Hotel was just finishing a renovation. Room was beautifully appointed, spacious and very comfortable. Excellent shower! Big flat screen TV. And very comfortable beds. Convenient location right off the highway with plenty of options for eating close by. Would stay here again next year. Nice pool area...although I didn't get to use it.
7 night business trip Apr 21, 2014
JMK
"room was moderately pleasing"
Had to ask for refrigerator & microwave. Smoke alarm not placed properly. Beds and tv were ok. Pool was excellent for the kids. Staff was helpful in meeting requests. Pool was excellent for the kids.
Other trip Apr 1, 2014
jim
We were pleased with the service and condition of the hotel. The kids were extremely excited and happy with the pool. Our room was clean and the breakfast was good. The cable television channel selection was great.
Other trip Mar 17, 2014
Jody
"To Wifi or not to Wifi?"
This location features your typical Holiday Inn breakfast, workout area and pool... nothing special but nothing really lacking so long as the pool is open. My main complaint with this Hotel after several visits is that the Wifi is basically not worth using. At best the wifi is slow and by slow I mean only slightly better than dial up slow. At times the wifi just doesn't work at all. I had the most issue trying to use my iPhone on their wifi, it didn't work most of the time and consistently. My laptop did actually work slightly better but it was still painfully slow. It shouldn't take a 30 second commercials worth to load a basic Yahoo, CNN, ESPN main page and it took more than that a lot. I travel a lot and I use a lot of hotel Wifi and I can say that most hotels are slow but this one is the worst I have encountered. I awoke in the middle of the night wide awake and thought maybe the traffic would have slowed down and maybe the wifi would then speed up. It was only marginally better, which leads me to believe they have in some way throttled the wifi service down to these painfully slow speeds. Overall the hotel is a mid to high 3/5 on a average based on what I expect from the Holdiay Inn (depending on the room you get and your exact views of clenliness).
3 night business trip Jan 27, 2014
"Nice , clean, and quite room."
For the money, I expected it to have a small fridge, and maybe a microwave, or at least one in the breakfast area for our use. That would be my only suggestion.
2 night trip Jan 14, 2014
T. Looper
"Nice HIE but NO Pool..."
We were driving home from WVA and wanted to stop for the night at a hotel that had an indoor pool so we could take our toddler and stretch his legs in between long carseat streatches. When I walked in to check in, however, the Guest Services Associate let me know that the indoor pool was out of order. At this point my husband was already unloading the car and our son knew he was going to get out of his seat for the night so there was no trying to contact Hotels.com for a refund to our debit card with sufficient time to find and pay for a new hotel. As much as that really put a damper on our stop over, I know that the hotel staff had nothing that they could do about the situation and they were super helpful in getting us and all our belongings to the room and helping with directions around town for dinner and breakfast the next day. The staff makes this place a great stop!
1 night trip Nov 30, 2013
"Pool"
The only thing that I had a problem with was the pool, it was dirty around the inside edge. And you could see where people had scratched their name on it. But we did enjoy our stay and we did swim.
1 night business trip Oct 19, 2013
"close to Lexington"
Everything was acceptable except the heater didn't work.
1 night trip Oct 11, 2013
"Older Hotel"
This is an older hotel, which could use some updating, but overall the hotel was clean, the staff very pleasant. It was quite comfortable. I would stay there again
1 night trip Oct 4, 2013
Although we did not spend much time in our room we were satisfied. The beds were comfortable. the room was clean. And we appreciated the internet service. Thanks for making our stay pleasant.
2 night trip May 24, 2013
"Booked for pool. It was closed."
I booked here because they have an indoor pool. It was closed for maintenance. That should have been disclosed. The WIFI signal was poor and often dropped. On the plus sise the bed was comfortable and the breakfast was OK.
Other trip Dec 2, 2012
"One night stay"
Overall not bad. The area was a bit shady and I can she where some people would be concerned staying in the area. My biggest compliant is that in the middle of the night a buzzer started going off every 2 minutes or so. I'm not sure if it came from a nearby room or the vending area which was right outside my door. I had to download a white noise app on my phone to drown it out enough where I could sleep.
1 night trip Nov 2, 2012
Mantooth
"Location....location....location!"
Spent 2 weekends back to back recently. Staff always very friendly & helpful. At first glance rooms were updated with nice linens & large screen TVs & provided conveniences such as microwave, refrig & coffee maker- but on closer look- renovations were done hurriedly: tiling floor in bathroom was caulked in, bathtub units had soft spots & cracks around base; AC units were not fit into walls, leaving big gaps; floor lamps available, but no place to plug them in & furniture worn or weak. HOWEVER-There were no sightings of bedbugs in either rooms! Only 1 ice machine working for 3 floors. Breakfast was the usual & OK. For the most part- we overlooked these material things & were pleased with the location close to highway & our destination, not to mention convenience of restaurants, stores & movie theater. Would stay there again!
Other trip Oct 27, 2012
jane
"Not what I'm used to in a Holiday Inn Express"
They gave us the wrong room at first and we had to switch to another room. Hotel needs a lot of TLC but it was confortable and clean.
Other trip Oct 8, 2012
Really fine,we weren't there long enough to enjoy all your facilites there,really enjoyed the great breakfast though...thank you! The Powell's and The Campbell's.
1 night trip Sep 1, 2012
R.Powell

"NO HOT WATER"
Hotel management failed to compensate me for NO HOT WATER in the morning. This will be the last time I ever stay in a Holiday Inn.
1 night trip Oct 19, 2014
1 night family trip Jul 9, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for Comfort Inn

"very disappointed."
06/28/15 Tammie H Grayson, Kentucky
Checked in at 2:02 p.m. took carrying luggage to room to hang up as I was running late for meeting. Came back around 9:00 p.m. and noticed someone had been in my room. Me hanging luggage was gone. Went to front desk and she didnt know anything about it. After hesitstion she went to back of registration and out with it all folded up. Why was someone in my room. It gets better. Brought dinnerback to room. Turned beside light on and there was ants crawling all over the night stand. After that called for wake up call which did not happen. Gets better - no skid protector on tub floor fell and caught myself with shoulder and hit side of head on commode. Disgusted at this point. At 309 a.m. go to bathroom and what do I see a roach. Totally fed up. There were other issues also. Spoke with manager on duty. Told me he didn't believe me about roaches, couldn't do anything about ants just spray. Only thing he said about me falling was I told them about that. I have always stayed at this hotel and told others how nice it was. No more, I am telling people I know that would stay there to go somewhere else.
"horrible"
01/01/15 Emily M Lake Zurich, Illinois
It seems as though they are pretending to remodel but workmanship is poor. carpet was dirty, comforter had blue stains, bathtub was disgusting. would not, under any circumstances, stay here again. desk clerk was "busy" when we arrived. waited 15 minutes for her to appear.
"Why didn't I consult Trip Advisor First?"
10/26/14 lockeygirl1 Kentucky
I am now kicking myself for not reading Trip Advisor before booking at this HI Express. I had stayed here a couple years ago with no problem. I needed a place to stay in Lexington, but rooms in the area were unavailable. I thought this would be a good place, seeing that it was fine before. It is not. It is like a different hotel altogether now! Check in was fine, but the property didn't have that clean feel to it. We put our luggage in the room, and I quickly realized that it was missing an iron & board. I tried to call the front desk, but there was no cord with the phone! I sent my son to ask for an iron, and the receptionist offered to give us a new room. Huh?!? This made no sense at the time (I wish I had taken her up on the offer in retrospect). I went down and asked her to just get one from another room, which she did. We dressed and left for a wedding in Lexington. Upon our return at around midnight, my husband smelled mold right away (they are a migraine trigger for him). We looked around the room closer and noticed water damage on the wall and black mold in the closet ceiling and walls. He went to complain, and the receptionist said she had just begun working there and would have to contact Priceline. Ten minutes later, I received a message on my cell to call Priceline. Our hotel room had been canceled. The worst part though was that they had NO more available rooms for us at the property, and there were no available rooms in the area. So at 12:30am, we loaded up our 3 tired children and drove 2 1/2 hours back home. Frustrated doesn't even begin to explain how I feel about this hotel. We were put out with nowhere to stay, and we had to drive home in the middle of the night while exhausted. There's no sense in this. Get it together, HI Express! I'm sure that it will not hold this name much longer, because the quality, simply put, is horrid.
"No rooms in Lexington"
10/22/14 WA2world Chesapeake, Virginia
We had business in the Lexington area over the Columbus Day holiday weekend. I’m not sure what was going on in Lexington, but just about every motel and hotel in town (which I willing to stay) was booked, thus we ended up in Winchester. I booked our 2-night stay here because Winchester is only 20 minutes from Lexington via I-64. I’ve stayed at HI Express motels in many states from the northwest to the southeast. Their property in Winchester was not the best one I’ve stayed, but they were trying to improve it. There was minor renovation on-going on the exterior of the buildings, but being over a holiday weekend, we were not bothered at all. It is very close to I-64, but we never heard any of the normal expressway sounds from our assigned room. Our business in Lexington was tiring, so we slept well. A major plus was at least one pillow on the bed was firm enough to my liking, as most are not, even at higher-priced properties. Our room had a rather high ceiling, so it seemed to echo some, but we spent very little time in the room. No “neighbors” could be heard from anyway around us. We aren’t big on the breakfasts offered by this class of roadside motels but we did have coffee and sweet rolls. I do recall the check-in clerk to be friendly and very efficient, but being an IHG member and booking in advance, I’m always treated well.
"How is this still a Holiday Inn Express?"
10/12/14 Granfair Coldwater, MI
I booked a room at this Holiday Inn Express confident in the brand...I should have taken a few more minutes to take a look at the reviews! This is by FAR not your typical Holiday Inn Express experience, from check in to check out! First major issue we had was after waiting in line for nearly 20 minutes, we were checked into a room...with people already in it. The desk clerk acted all embarrassed and apologized blaming her cold, and said this has never happened before (however I see her name and this issue listed in a former review below). The room had mold, the cords for the TV were a trip hazard stretched across the floor, the A/C didn't work to cool the room, the bathroom just felt dirty, sheets had dark spots on them...all in all not your typical experience. We opted not to eat breakfast, knowing the issues from our room, thinking about the breakfast area made us get up and leave early. #6 of 6 hotels? A Holiday Inn? Opt for the Red Roof it has better reviews, and it's cheaper.
"horrible start to finish"
09/09/14 mellon53 Crown Point, Indiana
Do not injure yourself on their property. All the way to regional manager and IHC customer service. Slippery tiles in pool area. Use stairs as elevator was being serviced shortly after we left. It could not manage more than 2 people without feeling like it was going to drop us to the bottom. Slanted side to tubs, so watch step getting in shower...no plug for bathtub. Lighting horrible. No tv guide in our room but had one in our children's room. When told the guide was on the tv, no such channel available. Alarm clock across the room. Coffee had to be placed on floor to accommodate ice bucket. 2 towels per room, when called for more, no one answered after repeated calls. Had to go down and get the towels myself. Breakfast was worst ever in any hotel. Coffee empty, many items ran out with more than an hour remainimg and girl servicing breakfast spent most of her time visiting front desk, talking. VERY unprofessional from start to finish.
"Worst IHG hotel ever! Save your money and stay at Motel 6!!!"
09/07/14 Richard H
I'm a platinum member and reserved a room with a refrigerator and microwave. When I walked in I noticed right off something wasn't right. Another guest is walking up from the room areas with a suitcase and tells Sam there is someone in his room! I go to my room and there is no fridge or microwave. I go to the front desk and talk to Sam who is less than enthusiastic about me or his job. He tells me he'll send a fridge to the room. I go back to the room 107 and the door latch is ripped off the door and someone put plaster on a wood door to cover the screw holes. I go back to Sam who now has an attitude and tell him I want a new room that will lock. He moves me to room 106 with a fridge and microwave. I go to have a cigarette and check the door to make sure it's locked. The door won't even lock, you can just turn the door knob and walk right in. I go back to Sam and he says they have no maintenance and will move me again. I said no, I'll use the door latch as a lock and pile furniture in front of the door! I'll know better next time than to stay here with racist Sam!
"This hotel misses the mark"
08/11/14 ronelay Hershey, PA
I am a Priority Club member and regularly stay at Holiday Inn Hotels. Unfortunately, this HI Express in Winchester, KY did not meet the quality I have come to expect from IHG hotels. The person who greeted me was unenthusiastic. Overall, the hotel has a tired look. There was an AC unit in the hall dripping water, the exterior doors did not latch, compromising security, there was not a rack or hook in the bathroom to hang a towel and the cover to the temperature control unit fell off when I tried to open it. The selection of breakfast items was quite limited, with the pancake machine being broken. There were 4 small pillows on a king sized bed. Traditionally, HI offers 4 large body pillows on a bed this size. All said, I did get a very good night's sleep and there were a number of restaurants just down the road. It was conveniently located near the interstate. I will have to pass on this hotel until some improvements are made.
"Something wrong?"
08/11/14 utoometoo Harrisburg, PA
No decorations anywhere in motel. No pictures on walls, no light at table to do work, old furniture. Room was clean, good bed and television. Breakfast was sufficient. Ice machine missing on second floor. First floor ice machine out of order. Had to go to third floor. Not what you expect from a Holiday Inn Express--makes you question ownership.
"This location is Not up to HI Express Standards"
07/29/14 pebureman Kansas City area
I am an IHG Platinum member. - very unfriendly attitude by the front desk staff - no TV guide in the room or at front desk - AC above back door was dripping condensate all over anyone entering as well as the electronic door lock. - I was offered water, snack or extra points - construction seems very poor: curtains were "dime store" quality. - room alarm clock did not work. - no soap dish in bathroom.