All hotels in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States of America
1500 SE 17th Causeway, Fort Lauderdale, FL, 33316, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9222

• Beach
    Beautiful beach
  • Value
    Bad pool
"Quiet and restful"
Room was clean and comfortable. It was also very quiet. Most folks were middle aged to elderly and were using the HI Express as a stayover launch site for their Carribean cruise vacation. The breakfast was plentiful with both hot and cold items available.Service was friendly and efficient.
4 night business trip Feb 18, 2015
Kari
"great stay"
great room good location close to things we had planed great breakfast area and choices
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
"Great hotel if you are departing on a cruise"
Staff was incredibly friendly and helpful with all my requests. Great location if you are departing on a cruise.
1 night trip Dec 26, 2014
"awesome"
It was a wonderful stay enjoyed staff and location was great
2 night family trip Dec 30, 2014
Latoya
Good front desk service and transport to port. Excellent
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
good experience in this hotel with nice location and tidy room except thin wall.
Other trip Dec 25, 2014
"Just five minutes to cruise port!"
Very convenient and friendly staff. They made our night before our cruise very pleasant! Thanks!
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
Great location, The shuttle driver, David was excellent. Takes good care of the passengers.
Other trip Dec 14, 2014
"Convenient to everything"
I stayed at this hotel the night before a ferry ride to the Bahamas. It was a convenient spot not that far from the airport and even closer to the ferry port. The driver was extremely friendly as was the rest of the staff. We left the hotel before breakfast was served so they gave us a "to go" bag of goodies. I would stay at this hotel again. There were also plenty of eateries in the area and a nail salon across the street (which made a difference to me).
1 night family trip Nov 24, 2014
Shenita
"Holiday Inn Express Experience"
We always stay at holiday in express for it's location to restaurants , beaches and the cruise port. We drive to the hotel and take the shuttles to the port for convenience at very little charge. several restaurants are with in walking distance so when you get there , you don't really have to drive.
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
tracy
"Convenient For Catching A Cruise"
Decent hotel and convenient for catching a cruise. Our floor could have used an update in carpet and wall colors.
1 night business trip Nov 21, 2014
Ray
"Great Hotel!"
This hotel has a great breakfast set up. The people at the desk are phenomenal. Overall I would rate this a 5 our of 5 on anything. I had a great time and will return soon.
3 night business trip Nov 10, 2014
Aaron
"Perfection"
The stay was perfect.
1 night romance trip Oct 18, 2014
Aleem
Welcoming and friendly environment.
1 night romance trip Oct 27, 2014
Joanne
"Great location. Okay hotel."
The hotel was in a great location. However, the room wasn't what I expected from a Holiday inn express. The shower sucked, the room smelled musty, the towels were not clean, the breakfast was so so.
Other trip Oct 30, 2014
Jackie
"Nice hotel and very good attention"
Was a very good experience, nice people. The workers were so nice
Other trip Oct 29, 2014
Martin
"What is that smell??"
The room was fine and the breakfast was as well but everything else was lacking. The people at the desk in the morning were good but at night the desk help seemed to fall off. The gym was almost nonexistent, you had to go to another property for the pool and there was this horrible smell everyday that lingered around the property.
4 night business trip Oct 14, 2014
Not Impressed
"Nice hotel close to cruise port"
We stayed here on our recent trip to catch a cruise from fort lauderedale. Hotel offered free transportation from airport to hotel and we paid $8.00 per person for shuttle to cruise ship and they dropped us off right in front of ship. Included free continental breakfast as well.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
"Olay"
My husband was in Broward Hospital after a horrible cruise. The hotel wad okay but they could use some new sheets and mattress pads. Staff was polite.
1 night romance trip Oct 7, 2014
"Perfect spot if you are going on a cruise!"
Super clean, great sized rooms, wonderful staff (love Denise!) Perfect location if your heading on a cruise, 5-10 minute walk to cruise terminal! Lots of food options around too! I was very pleased
Other trip Oct 8, 2014
"The Best HIE I ever stayed."
Excellent Hotel to stay during the week or weekends. The employees at the hotel were very polite and friendly.
2 night romance trip Sep 26, 2014
Celio
"close to convention and cruises"
The hotel staff was super, free breakfast was good, and the hotel location was great as well.
1 night trip Sep 26, 2014
"Up all night with fire alarm"
Because I was presenting at a conference the following day, I booked this room to get a good nights rest. Quite the opposite happened when a fire alarm went off and the whole hotel evacuated. After they told us it was a false alarm, the alarm continued to sound and make flashing lights for the next hour. I expected to be compensated for the loss of rest by the hotel in some way. They did NOTHING! The front office clerk said the general manager would call me after I complained. GM didn't contact me. All hotels have and incident once in a while. NEVER have I had a bad experience in a hotel where they didn't at least make some kind of kind gesture the following day like monetary compensation or a coupon. Instead, they acted like nothing happened! DONT STAY HERE!
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
My wife and I loved the hotel and the staff was amazing. The only complaint I would have is that the crib they provided for the baby was pretty dated and looked like a baby jail and there was no padding on the hard metal bars. Otherwise, great hotel!
1 night family trip Aug 28, 2014
JT
"excellent experience"
very good location, near to cruise port, amenities around the hotel a walking distance. Excellent facilities, price include shuttel and good breakfast.
1 night trip Aug 22, 2014
Arnaldo
"Great location and very clean"
Close to walgreens, publix and variety of restaurants. Very modern and clean. I would definitely stay at this hotel again
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
Jose
"Nice hotel for the price"
The hotel was friendly and clean to begin with. It also peaceful with no disturbance from other guests.
1 night business trip Jul 28, 2014
"Great location for pre cruise stay"
The location could not be bettered. Loads of restaurants, and some shopping, within easy walking distance. Front desk staff very helpful and pleasant. Breakfast more than adequate.
1 night trip Jul 12, 2014
chris richmond
"Conveniently located to the Convention Center"
The hallways of the hotel were brutally hot-no idea why because lobby and rooms were cold. Waiting for the elevator on the 5th floor in that heat was a nightmare. But, the staff was extremely courteous and friendly. They allowed us to leave our bags early, gave us discounts to local restaurants etc. Very polite, friendly and accommodating. Amelia was at the front desk when I checked in and is the epitome of hospitable. The food in the breakfast buffet is tasty, but the tiny room and barely any seating is terrible, everyone was fighting for chairs! Overall I'd stay here again unless I had to attend an event that required me to be fully made up and dressed for the town-by the time the elevator comes all my makeup would have been on my chin I was swearing so much in the hallway heat!
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
Bethany
"Nice are and staff... upkeep could be improved."
Our first room had a broken A/C unit, a torn condom wrapper on the floor, and felt really musty. The staff was able to relocate us to a room with a working cooling unit. The problem was the this room had toe nails on the floor and a piece of lettuce. Needless to say, bring shoes to wear inside the room (either slippers or flip flops) because the house keeping staff is horrible. At least the beds and towels were clean and the front staff was very nice and worked with us through everything. They obviously cared to give us as good of an experience as possible. The breakfast in the morning was also a plus.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
Bruce
Very good location. Close to the beach and starbucks across the street, bike rental The only dissapointment was the view facing the other building.
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
"Nothing fancy, but nice location and staff"
This is a nice hotel for the price. Excellent restaurants within walking distance. Breakfast is quite plentiful for 'free'. I liked the inside of the rooms but I must say the only negative comment I have was the hallways, vending areas on each floor and stairwells. They seem dirty and unkept. It would be my number one recommendation for improvement.
Other trip Jun 26, 2014
"Excellent place to stay"
Nice beach near by, relax places to stay.contemporary design, clean , excellent breakfast!
Other trip Jun 14, 2014
Calvin
"Perfect way to start our cruise vacation!"
The desk staff was wonderful, very helpful in giving information for nearby restaurants. Perfect location, within walking distance of restaurants, a grocery store, and other stores. Very reasonable transportation to the cruise ship. If we ever sail out of Fort Lauderdale, we will definitely stay at this hotel!
Other trip Jun 10, 2014
Valerie
"Nice Place to stay with great service!"
Just stayed at this hotel one night as a layover from our cruise. The check in staff was wonderful. We arrived very early and they held our bags and informed us a room will be ready before check in. Stayed in a comfortable nice room. Would stay here again. Shuttle to the airport was not available for our really early flight. Hotel staff called a taxi and payed the fare so we could get to the airport before 5 AM.
Other trip Jun 2, 2014
Beth
"Excellent hotel for business meeting."
The best thing about the hotel was the staff. Always smiling and super accommodating. The room was always extremely clean and everything was well maintained. There isn't a pool or really much of a view, but I only needed a place to sleep as I was spending most of my time at the convention center. Although it was not on the list of recommended accommodations for the meeting, I found it closer than most and the walk was easy and right past a Walgreens for any extra needs. The breakfast was sufficient and there was plenty of everything. Definitely not a place for an extended vacation, hence the "express" part of the name, but clean and friendly and perfect for my needs. I made sure to call ahead and let them know my flight would be late and a room was waiting for me when I arrived.
Other trip May 27, 2014
"Great budget hotel near Fort Lauderdale beach"
The room was good and the staff very friendly and accommodating. The lift was too slow. But overall a great location a short drive from the beach and with amenities very close by. I would stay here again.
10 night trip May 2, 2014
Sherry
"Close to Cruise Port!"
Great place to stay following a cruise!
Response by Holiday Inn Express Convention Center
Kathy B, Thank you so much for your kind words of compliment. We appreciate you taking the time to share with others. I will be sure and share the good news with our Team! We hope to have your back with us real soon! Warmest regards, Gloria Willliams General Manager
1 night trip May 4, 2014
Kathy B
"You get what you pay for"
Room next to the main door, noisy and phone didnt work, I was on business so it was an issue. Second room the key never worked...
Other trip May 6, 2014
Mario
"Nice hotel. Very convenient when going on a cruise"
We stayed arriving at Fort Lauderdale and when we returned from Princess Cruise. Port to get on cruise was a 10 minute walk. It was wonderful. They of course have shuttle, but we chose to walk there and back. Shuttle to and from airport was great. Staff was awesome! I wish it had a pool and was a bit closer to the beach, but our group caught the local trolley that stopped out front of the motel which took us back and forth to the beach. Staff went over and above to ensure our stay and experience was the best possible. Storing our luggage until time for flight, arranging for airboat everglades excursion, etc. I would definitely stay again. Also lots of shopping and eating in the area if you are on foot.
Other trip Apr 29, 2014
"Easily accessible"
I don't expect to be treated like a princess, but when I leave my room for a few hours, and upon returning (soaking wet from rain) I go to grab my dry sleep shirt that I placed on the extra chair in the room, and it's gone. Obviously not worth stealing, but when we asked housekeeping and the front desk about the missing shirt all they can say is we searched through all the laundry and it just isn't there. We are so sorry. Not even a can we replace your shirt or here is a $20.00 credit on your room, nothing, just we are sorry, but it does happen sometimes!!! Not very good customer service!!
2 night trip Apr 12, 2014
Diana
Convenient to cruise location.
1 night trip Apr 9, 2014
"very good"
Very good
1 night trip Dec 31, 2013
Raul Travieso
"Nice hotel, close to port everglades."
We stayed at this hotel for one night before our cruise from port everglades. The price was a but steep buy was very conveniently located. Great staff. Clean rooms. Good breakfast buffet. Publix and Win-dixie groceries within walking distance. Walgreens and CVS within walking distance. Restaurants within walking distance. The hotel has a shuttle service to the port (additional cost applies). If you get a chance, walk out to the 17th street causeway bridge on a Sunday morning to have a wonderful view of the cruise ships. Will definitely return for a pre-cruise stay.
Other trip Apr 10, 2014
nicholas
"Close to Cruise Port"
We stayed here prior to our cruise. Right next to shopping center and restaurants so great for last-minute travel needs (including any forgotten clothing items) and good selection/variety of restaurants.
1 night trip Apr 2, 2014
"Great Location with excellent amenities A++"
Went to Fort Lauderdale for a cruise and selected your hotel because of the shuttle and free breakfast. Shuttle driver was friendly and helpful. Arrived at hotel and front desk had room key ready for me, no waiting even though there was a group on the airport shuttle that was checking in at the same time. The guests I was traveling with were also placed on the same floor that I was staying on and this made it convenient for us. Breakfast room with well stocked with all food items at all times and was well maintained.
Other trip Apr 3, 2014
Doreen
"Great staff and close to Port"
We were there for a short time, but staff were all great.
Other trip Apr 2, 2014
JM
"Business"
Friendly. Clean
3 night business trip Mar 24, 2014
"Location was perfect for Broward Court"
Checkin was friendly and efficient. I only spent one night and did not partake of anything besides sleeping and showering. Bathroom was spacious and nicely appointed. Vessel sink was a bit much for this level of hotel, but they are trying, I guess. Good vanity space for makeup etc. I always try to give the ladies a heads up about this. Only complaint was air conditioning was very loud and even though hotel has been updated, the room still has that musty Florida feel. I would definitely recommend overall.
1 night business trip Mar 11, 2014
GP
First room we were in the TV didn't work. After arriving at 2 am we just went to bed. Informed front desk and was moved to another room. Hotel is not meant for kids. Breakfast was good.
2 night business trip Mar 4, 2014