All hotels in McKinleyville, California, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here3107 Concorde Dr., Mckinleyville, CA, 95519, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9222

The location is excellent, the staff was polite and efficient
Other trip May 19, 2014
"staff was great, room was clean and very nice."
we visited the Redwoods and stayed at this hotel, great choice. this was a great stay, close to several good restaurants and stores.
Other trip May 16, 2014
Rose
"Excellent Base of Operations"
The hotel in general and my room in particular were clean, the common areas comfortable and welcoming, the staff friendly and helpful. Initially I was in a room on the north side, directly above three giant exhaust fans. I asked to be moved and the front desk cheerfully relocated me to a room on the very quiet south side. Despite being next to the Arcata airport, there was little to no airplane noise as it's a very small airport with few flights and no big jets. The hotel rents bicycles, a great way to see the Hammond Trail which is only a couple blocks away. The trail is mostly paved, parallels the coast, and has great views of the ocean and Mad River. Hwy 101 is also only a couple blocks away, making it easy to head south to the redwoods or north to Patrick’s Point State Park. To accommodate guests with early flights, the hotel breakfast is available starting at 4:30a. Although there weren't many guests, the staff frequently refreshed the hot and cold breakfast items. During my stay in May 2014, the hotel backed onto a large, undeveloped field and was overall quiet, peaceful, and a great location from which to launch day trips.
Other trip May 12, 2014
Noelle
"Spacious, comfortable room."
Wonderful experience from check-in to shuttle ride to airport.
1 night business trip May 2, 2014
RA Baxter
"More than I expected"
We were stunned by the huge lobby with the fireplace that had a fire burning, it immediately assured me that I had chosen the right place to stay. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable, the clerk had suggested sights to see and she was kind enough to write down directions. Our room was spacious, clean and new. The breakfast offered a wide variety of choices the breakfast area was roomy as well. My husband worked out in the weight room and I went swimming we enjoyed all the amenities . We would stay at this facility again
2 night trip May 1, 2014
"Fantastic Hotel"
Check in was easy, room was very nice and the hotel was clean
Other trip Apr 21, 2014
"great location,great staff"
hotel is around the corner from the airport and up the street from rt101(redwood hwy). hotel staff was excellent. room was clean and comfortable. complimentary breakfast was very conveniant,hard working staff kept the place clean and stocked. great place to stay for Redwoods<central location made travel easy.
Other trip Apr 20, 2014
"Right Next to the Beach Trail!"
Great service, helpful with changing my plans. Easy walk, run, bike or drive to the beach trail for beautiful vista of the Pacific Ocean. Quiet location, but not in the heart of town, for those who wish to be closer. Very comfortable, clean and nice. Would stay here again!
1 night trip Apr 9, 2014
Annette
"Ok but not great"
Well it's an ok place to stay and was clean but the Bathtub ran out of hot water fairly quick and the gentleman who checked us in was not very helpful and seemed as he was not interested giving us directions after a 13 and a half hour drive from L.A. was hoping for a little more friendliness. Location is not to bad but if you don't like 10-15 min drives to a local store or place to eat then there maybe better locals but if you like quiet and don't mind this place is not to bad. The free breakfast was good but the Orange Juice was like drinking water with a little orange flavor. Not totally upset with this place but if I ever return to Arcata/Eurika I will pick another place closer to town.
2 night family trip Mar 27, 2014
"Great room, terrible bed"
The hotel staff, room amenities, and location were perfect. The bed was most uncomfortable, lumpy, and hard. Jacuzzi in the room was very relaxing, just wish the bed would have complemented the rest of the stay.
Other trip Mar 28, 2014
Dawn
"vacation"
excellent except no maid service. do not care for this review require more comments in order to process
Other trip Mar 16, 2014
Gene
"Close to Redwoods and beaches"
This Holiday Inn Express would have received all 5's except for built up dust on the lamp shades (of one lamp, clearly missed) and the bikes for rent having rusted through gear chains. When brought to staff's attention they assured us they would take care of it and thanked us for bringing it to their attention.
1 night family trip Mar 8, 2014
Everything was good but the wi fi
2 night business trip Feb 17, 2014
Erick
Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. room was clean and updated
1 night trip Feb 14, 2014
"Alright hotel for the area"
Overall satisfied. The hotel bathroom could have been cleanier. The titles were dirty and the corner under the sinks appears to be have mold.
1 night trip Jan 18, 2014
"Great Holiday Inn to stay at"
Only down side was that we found a large empty wine bottle under the bed. Makes me wonder what else was missed when the room was cleaned. The nearby airport is small and we never heard the occasional air traffic.
Other trip Jan 2, 2014
Traveler
"Nice hotel in a quiet area"
The hotel is right off 101, just far enough away to not hear traffic. It is in a pretty rural area but with small towns nearby. It is also on the side of an airport, but there is so little air traffic that we didn't notice until we were leaving the next morning and saw a Coast Guard helicopter taking off. The contours of the land mask the airport from the hotel. We first stayed in this hotel a few months after it opened and were impressed with the quality and quietness of the rooms. The only thing that has changed since then is some small signs of wear. Everything still works but we notice a crack at the bottom of the tiles round the jacuzzi and the comfortable arm chairs looked a little worn. But other than these minor details the place was still almost perfect.
1 night romance trip Nov 30, 2013
We really enjoyed our stay at this facility. The ambience is lovely, and we always love the fresh cinnamon rolls and scrambled eggs in the morning. We got in late Friday night, and we didn't have a coffee pot, but we didn't want to bother the front desk staff that late. The next day they got one to us right away, Evidently the other one had broken. The gentlemen that brought it asked if we needed anything else, but we said "no". I don't know if he misunderstood, but our room didn't get detailed that day. I asked the front desk when we signed out, and they said it should have been done. The front desk was extremely friendly and helpful. We weren't upset about the room detailing, but we weren't sure if that was the normal procedure when you stay there more than one day. All is all we would definitely go back.
2 night trip Nov 15, 2013
Barbara Brown
We have stayed at this hotel twice before. Previoulsy the hotel was in good condition, but this time the hotel looked worn out, especially the carpet in the hallways and the elevator. The employees running the front desk were not friendly and seemed inexperienced. Two mornings tjhere was no hot water when we showered.
4 night trip Oct 25, 2013
"Was in town on business."
The hotel was comfortable and clean. I was pleased with almost everything. The breakfast was OK and could be improved, the gravy was bland. Overall I was very glad to stay there and would again if I was ever in the area to work. Thanks
Other trip Oct 31, 2013
"Decent hotel considering the area"
We stayed at this hotel so that we could visit the Redwoods. Since there aren't many/any hotels right outside of the forests, this was the next closest thing; which was about a 30 minute drive North. Nothing to complain about regarding the hotel. It is what it is, a Holiday Inn Express.
1 night trip Oct 12, 2013
"."
the hotel was the same as any other holiday inn express that have been to. the staff was very helpful. we even had a very late checkout, didnt check-in until about 4am though, and they didnt have any problems with it. found out that it was really out of the way from where the people we were visiting were located, so we only stayed one night. If that wasnt the case we would have stayed there the whole week.
Other trip Oct 9, 2013
The room could have been a little cleaner. Did not restock coffee in the am.. No phone service for AT&T customers not their fault just putting it out there
2 night business trip Sep 25, 2013
"Nice unless there is a problem"
Booking = easy Check-in = easy Room had not been cleaned properly (food debris on floor and black hair over bathroom tile) reported to reception who assured me it would be cleaned. Later (5 hours) still not clean . Reported to reception, staff member was very dismissive. She looked at the room then apologised and cleaned it herself. Apologised again and offered me ice cream!!! Big deal!!! She should have taken my concerns seriously to begin with . I understand that things can get missed by housekeeping but I should not have had to ask multiple times to have a room presented to me at a basic standard . Then I find today a charge on my credit card which is not correct and now I will have to follow up !!! Not good
Other trip Sep 26, 2013
carolyn
"Convenience to airport"
We booked this hotel because it was so close to the airport. We only did a quick overnight so didn't get to experience all the amenities offered. This was the last stop of our Redwoods/Oregon journey before boarding our plane to go home. Glad we booked this hotel.
Other trip Sep 26, 2013
A
"I was there to work."
The Hotel was close to the airport. The hotel staff did a great job of helping make sure I had what I needed. The breakfast was very good and was available earlier than I thought, and that was great since I had to travel to a project site.
Other trip Sep 21, 2013
Tempcontrolman
"Nice hotel for this price."
We spent 3 nights there, while traveling/visiting Redwood National Park and around. Did not regret we made this hotel reservation.
Other trip Sep 19, 2013
LMM
"Nice Hotel close to redwoods and beach ."
Everything was great with the hotel flights getting there not so good .
Other trip Sep 16, 2013
Welcome site after exploring Redwoods National Park.
Other trip Sep 8, 2013
Bev
"next to airport"
Very nice place, very clean and efficient crew. No restaurant but free breakfast am.
1 night trip Sep 4, 2013
Andi
"Clean and No headaches"
The hotel is near the Arcata airport and not much else. We were driving up the cost and this was a convenient stop on our trip. The staff was polite & efficient, the room was clean and comfortable. If you have a layover or need a place to stay for one night I would recommend it. If you're staying in the area for more then a day it might be better to find a place located closer to the local attractions & restaurants.
Other trip Sep 5, 2013
The room was not well cleaned, and the coffee pot was dirty. The hotel was nice, and the room was well appointed. The pool and hot tub were great and the service was very friendly. Breakfast was good and hot.
1 night trip Aug 25, 2013
"Dissappointed"
I booked this one based on good reviews and high score it gets from past customers, however, my experience with Holiday Inn Express Arcata was very dissappointed. The bathroom was not clean with stains remain on toilet and bathtub, hairs on bedsheet. This hotel is one of the more expensive ones in the Arcata/Eureka area and the second most expensive one I booked for my trip to Norther CA and Southern OR, but it is the worst one in terms of facility among the four hotels I used along the trip. The only good side is that the hotel staff was friendly enough and helped to re-cleaned the whole thing. For this price, I would rather booked Hampton Inn.
Other trip Aug 31, 2013
Leo
"Relaxing space"
The location was not ideal if you want to walk to get a meal or see any sights, but our stay was for the intent of road weary travelers that needed some comfort for last leg of our road trip. This location is just that. It is near the airport and I was worried about noise, but there was none. We had two queen size rooms that were spacious, updated and nice decor, provided all the amenities and more. My husband especially appreciated the reading chair with lamp, ottoman and side table to unwind in after long day hiking through the redwoods and driving. Good size TV and shower and very comfortable beds although we were surprised that they were spring not foam. The hot breakfast and coffee were one the best continental breakfasts we have had at any hotel. It included pancakes, fresh bacon and eggs and french roast coffee.
2 night family trip Aug 22, 2013
Azmamasan
"Nice hotel that we will come back to"
The staff at the front test were very helpful, the hotel had a homey feel. The pool and jacuzzi was a little crowded and raucous, but it is nice to see people using it!!!the lobby has a cozy feel with chairs and a fireplace. We did not get cell service In our room so that was a pain. I had to run around the building looking for a place where I could get it. Wifi was free and hassle free. There is a little business area, and I also used the gym one night. Overall I liked it and I am going back next week already.
Other trip Aug 17, 2013
C
Nice hotel, very clean Close to redwood national forest
2 night business trip Aug 8, 2013
"Good experience"
It was a good hotel for the money. Room looked immaculate, but there was an overwhelming smell -- maybe a cleaning product or funk from a spill on the carpet -- I couldn't make it out. Either way, the room probably would have been perfect if only a little air freshener or potpourri were left in the room. The breakfast bar was great too, and really made it worth the room rate.
Other trip Aug 13, 2013
"Good-quality hotel that's great for families"
We and our granddaughter stayed here two nights while visiting relatives in McKinleyville. We loved the fireplace, the warm cookies at the reception desk, the fruit in the breakfast room, the friendly and competent staff. No disappointments, except that the pool was so crowded with children, it wasn't a place for adults to swim.
Other trip Aug 9, 2013
June
It's clean, comfortable and great hot breakfast every morning. Nice location to stay for people touring the RedWood National Park. Don't have too much eating option nearby, first day we bought some hot food from nearby supermarket, second day we had our dinner at Crensent City before heading back. Some families had their dinner in swimming pool and I don't even have place to sit when my son swam there after dinner the second night.
Other trip Aug 7, 2013
Ann
"Formulaic"
This is a fine property, conveniently located. The room standard is good. I was disappointed with the reception by front of house staff - they were mechanistic about their jobs to a fault (even when prompted directly, they answered only with programmed responses).
Other trip Aug 7, 2013
"Great overnight stay"
Our room was nice, kids had a great time in the pool, and the hotel provided a really nice variety of breakfast items. The staff was super friendly & helpful.
1 night family trip Jul 31, 2013
"Great Choice"
Very new hotel that was clean and had a great breakfast.
Other trip Jul 31, 2013
"Family vacation overnight stop over"
Convenient location for overnight stop over when travelling from Portland to San Francisco. Hotel located near small airport (Very quiet). Hotel clean, bed and pillows uncomfortable, not sufficient space in breakfast room for guests to eat. Reasonable location, better than staying in Eureka.
1 night trip Jul 28, 2013
"Only hotel right by airport-has 24hr shuttle"
Courteous, helpful staff. Good breakfast variety.
1 night trip Jul 24, 2013
"great choice for Redwoods visit"
Very nice hotel. Clean, helpful staff, good breakfast, nice pool, huge rooms, good showers. Would definitely recommend. Right next to the airport but I don't think any planes use it because we never heard one in three days.
3 night family trip Jul 15, 2013
"Good experience"
Very clean and comfortable facility with an excellent breakfast. Will stay there again if in the area.
3 night trip Jul 15, 2013
"Beach getaway."
Nice place to stay great access to north state beaches.
2 night trip Jul 16, 2013
JFK and kk
"Good Location"
Front desk staff very friendly. Hotel was clean. Good exercise room, pool, and hot tub. Breakfast was good. Coffee and tea available for free all day
Other trip Jul 20, 2013
"Nice hotel, even nicer staff."
We spent our time between Trinidad and Eureka, so this location was perfect--right in between the two. Easy access to the freeway, easy to find. Nice indoor pool and spa, great food for breakfast, especially for families.
Other trip Jul 17, 2013
"One of the better Holiday Inn Express Properties"
Overall good. Can be short staffed at times sometimes only with a trainee available so amenities such as the availability of coffee, pool towels, etc may suffer. Cleanliness is average. Very good showers.
5 night trip Jul 5, 2013