All hotels in Isle of Palms, South Carolina, United States of America
1126 Ocean Blvd, Isle Of Palms, SC, 29451-2281, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

• Beach
    Beautiful beach
    Dirty
    Room is not nice
    Poor vibe
It is an older hotel with a recent management change. They have plans to do renovation this fall. Noteworthy, the pool is a saltwater pool which is so much better for you than all the chemicals. Disappointed with having to pay for parking and not being told to checkout. The staff was wonderful, friendly, polite and accommodating.
6 night family trip Jul 11, 2015
"Old hotel"
This hotel badly needs renovation, the room we stayed in was dark no window only a shutter looking out.
Other trip Jul 20, 2015
"Less than good"
The hotel was not in good condition for the price I had to pay. I could have stayed in top rated hotel for over $1,000 for 4 nights. One day we got room service but the bed was not made. I commented to the front desk and the next day we and my son in the next room did not get any service at all. The daily breakfast was not the best. The air conditioner in my son's room was very noisily.
4 night family trip Jul 8, 2015
gary
"Okay but not worth the money"
They did not tell us we had to put down $150.00 deposit at time of booking .. When we checked in is when we found out . We were also led to believe that we would have partial view of ocean and a balcony and we did NOT EVEN have a window to the outside.. The breakfast bar was the high light of our stay .. We also saw to 2 roaches in our room ..
2 night family trip Jul 15, 2015
Hotel was very dated. Great customer service, but free breakfast was not very good.
3 night family trip Jul 13, 2015
"Basic room and accommodations for the cost."
This is an older hotel. It was clean but a very basic room and accommodations for the cost. This is the first hotel I have ever been in without an outside window. The staff was courteous and helpful. Overall my family had a positive stay and enjoyed being beachfront.
2 night family trip Jul 9, 2015
Brad
"Over price the hotel"
They charge me a $50.00 fee for checking after 12am consider that I was driving from out is state, we else check ou early becomes we were driving out of state and we got charge a early check out fee..... Ridiculous I will never stay here again or recommend this place
Other trip Jul 14, 2015
dont stay here
"Old.... needs renovating."
The staff is great They were helpful and easy to talk to. Hotel feels old and needs renovating. It reminds me of something out of early 90s from my trips to Myrtle Beach when I was younger. For the cost per night, it should be much better. Charleston has a reputation as very high end, so this falls way short. It must not be owned by a franchise and have to maintain standards to keep their franchise. The owners are just getting what they can out of it.
Other trip Jul 14, 2015
Sam
"Manager left the desk and wouldnt talk to me. Cha."
Outdated small rooms. Unfreindly staff. Too small for a family of four. So we checked out. They wouldnt give me a receipt. wouldnt refund the other two nights. Dont stay here.
Other trip Jul 10, 2015
batman
"Rude staff. Overpriced. Dirty"
Left after one night. Not big enough for a family of four. They wouldnt give me a recceipt. Blamed expedia. Expedia blamed them. Treated like they didnt want us there
Other trip Jul 7, 2015
batman
"Perfect location"
You definitely pay for location, which is worth it if you want to be beachfront. Beautiful beaches and an awesome area. Pictures online can be deceiving, inside the rooms are nice and clean, nothing fancy. However the outside of the hotel is rather dated. It has more of a motel feel rather than hotel. If you're looking for a place to stay while you enjoy the beautiful area and don't need anything fancy this is the place for you.
5 night romance trip Jun 21, 2015
Justin
"Adequate"
Hotel is a bit dated, but you come for the location, right? Staff was friendly, but you had to pay to park at a lot across the street, which was a bit annoying. Pool was small and on the street side, which wasn't advertised as such.
2 night trip with friends Jun 25, 2015
Hotel needs updating? Pool is very small. Beds are comfortable.
Other trip Jun 25, 2015
CJ
"Positives and Negatives in Paradise"
Positives: excellent location walkable (literally on either side) to restaurants, bars, private pool, right on the beach (very nice beach with public showers and toilets that aren't so nice), free breakfast, fridge and microwave in room, clean, plenty of shops at your reach; Negatives: street parking is metered until 8pm, lot for hotel is set back across/down the street and a little annoying to drag stuff if you have kids (and hotel charges you $6 + tax for it), ice maker is the loudest EVER & people used it ALL night so ask to be away from it! Rooms are a tad outdated, if you have kids the local music might keep you up late. Did I mention the ice maker?!?!?
1 night family trip Jun 21, 2015
"Horrible stay, mislead on room ,roaches in fridge"
Horrible roaches in fridge room not as site showed unfriendly or caring staff overpriced hidden charges
Other trip Jun 22, 2015
terry
"Close to beach comfortable but low quality"
If you are looking for no frills and a cheap place to stay this is the place for you. Instead of writing a novel I will bullet point the items that were disappointing to me. No convenient place to pull up and unload luggage, no one to help with luggage, parking was in a lot about a block away at only $6.00/day but two of the nights when we returned from dinner at 8:30 pm there was no places to park and we had to meter park, the carpet in the room was dirty like it had not been vacuumed in months, the room smelled musty the overall look of the room was dirty and rundown. The tables at the pool were always dirty from other guests leaving their garbage but no hotel staff picked up during the day. The continental breakfast was good but only if the little elder lady was working and taking care of it on the days she wasn't there no one else took care of it and didn't seem to care about stocking more items or emptying the overflowing garbage can.
Other trip Jun 19, 2015
Gayla
"Isle of Palm stay"
Unloading our car on the other side of the busy street in front of the hotel was dangerous; no bellman. Then we had to park a block away in a public parking lot; at $6.50 per day. When we checked in I had to put up a $150.00 deposit (for incidentals). The pool was very small and didn't take long for the 8 chaise chairs to be taken. The A/C unit was by the bed and blew straight into my face. I made a wall with the extra pillows to block it. Room got a little warmer. Our ocean view had NO view of the beach. When you walked onto the balcony there is an outside bar and grill below. The band finally quit playing at 10:00pm. All for only $325.00 per night. We probably won't go back (room 223) again. The restaurants and the beach on the Isle of Palm are fabulous.
2 night romance trip Jun 11, 2015
thomas
"Stinky!"
Stinky, old hotel with stained towels. Garage was under construction so we had to park across the street. Beach is beautiful.
2 night family trip Jun 9, 2015
Penny
"Weekend getaway to the beach"
Just a quick weekend getaway. Hotel was very nice and conveniently located. For the money, it was an excellent value. Hotel staff was extremely friendly and view of the ocean from room was amazing. Definitely will return here!
1 night romance trip Jun 4, 2015
"Don't do it!!"
Air conditioner did not work room is tiny they where supposed to refund the last day of my parking fee, yes you have to pay 6.50 a day to park and never did. You also have to pay $150 when you check in that they hold 3-5 days after you check out!!!!
Other trip Jun 13, 2015
loretta
"Happy from Tennessee"
This was our first trip to Charlston and we really enjoyed it. The employees were great. We didn't get to the hotel until midnight and the woman at the front desk was very helpful. When we walked into the room we were pleased with it. Yes soon work could be done on the door facing in the bathroom but it didn't bother us. We didn't try the breakfast cause we went to Sea Biscuit that was recommended by the front desk. Bed was comfortable. Towels were great. Again we really enjoyed staying here and we would stay again.
3 night romance trip May 28, 2015
Debbie
Very good and friendly staff. Would stay at this hotel again.
Other trip Jun 2, 2015
"Family vacation."
The rooms needed cosmetic updates. Very dated. But overall a good place. Would consider staying there again.
4 night family trip May 26, 2015
randy d
"Rooms"
The beds were as hard as a rock The pull out was nasty.
Other trip May 31, 2015
"Mold on inside of shower curtain."
Bed very comfortable. Rooms very small. Mildew in ice bucket and on inside of shower curtain. Badly stained chairs (both). Live music outside out balcony window until 10pm! (Ear plugs)!! Musty smell overall. A/C didn't work well. Oceanfront and comfy bed. I'd keep looking unless you're out of choices.
Other trip May 23, 2015
"We paid high prices for a Motel 6 hotel"
We tried to make the best of it...but very high priced and our room was awful.
Other trip May 22, 2015
Reba
"Beach stay"
Unfortunately I think due to us booking via hotels.com, over three months ago, we didn't get one of their good rooms. We are at the beach and get a room with no window! Also they charged $150.00 damage deposit, these things should be in the room /hotel description.
3 night romance trip May 17, 2015
ute
"Clean and nice"
The location of our hotel was nice and everything was always clean. The hotel was doing some re-modeling which we weren't informed about and I also wasn't told I was being charged for parking daily. I also was not informed that we wouldn't have a balcony and wasn't informed that we would have a microwave and refrigerator. I enjoyed being walking distance to restaurants, shops and the beach.
Other trip May 21, 2015
Katelyn
"Horrible"
Hotel was dirty, busy, and overpriced. Staff blamed Expedia for the lies. There was no ocean view from the room. This is in contrast to the photos on Expedia. They would "bump us up" for $100 more dollars. Which would have been $300 for a tiny molded room. The elevator was falling apart. The stairs were smelly. It was horrible.
Other trip May 19, 2015
Unexpected fees at check in. And the mirror looked as if it had been cleaned with dirty rags
Other trip May 19, 2015
"Vacation"
For the price, this hotel is great. Great location, beach is close and you are in the middle of all the restaurants and stores.
1 night family trip May 10, 2015
"Great ocean view but a makeover is necessary!"
Kyle checked me in and was precious! Very patient, kind and answered all of my questions. We had a beautiful oceanfront view but the room itself was very old and outdated. The carpet was dirty and walls were stained. There was a long, black hair on side of tub! I am a germ phob so I was very uncomfortable. If we had stayed more than one night I would have checked out early. Great potential, but needs renovations. It was not worth the $300+ we paid to stay there!
Other trip May 16, 2015
nancy
"Old"
Old and out dated. Consruction underway. Had to pay to park. Charged $150.00 to my credit card at check in. Had to wait a week for the charge to be deducted from my card..
Other trip May 13, 2015
Wade
"Nice place for vacation"
Had a hard tome finding the place. All photos showed the back, ocean facing side of hotel. Very small placard showing name of hotel on front. Parked and paid $1.00 to walk and find the place. Gave the parking pass to newly arriving visitors so they could find their way around the area. Off site paring was OK. Very large lot, but very, very little shade.
Other trip May 10, 2015
Excellent weekend away. We have nothing to complain about.
Other trip May 7, 2015
Frye's
Overpriced. Noisy. Not worth the money. Rooms smelled of urine.
Other trip May 4, 2015
"Misrepresented"
Booked for an ocean view room, paid $300 for two nights, get to check in and our room is on the inside of the hotel, no balcony no windows. Very disappointed and upset about spending that much money for nothing!!
Other trip May 1, 2015
drew
"Very Nice ~ Close to everything you need!"
Very comfortable bed, clean, quite ~everyone was pleasant!
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
"dated hotel, but no major complaints"
Hotel has beach access as advertised. It was undergoing some needed updates during ouR stay. Once construction is completed it may feel nicer. Rooms are dated, hotel in general is dated. It is the lowest price on isle of palms to stay on the beach, so don't expect a lot.
3 night romance trip Apr 21, 2015
I enjoyed my stay here. It is right on the beach. A very pretty place to stay.
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
"Decieving"
when I booked the hotel it did not tell me online that when I checked in I also had to give a credit card for $150.00 room security deposit. Also it told me online that there was FREE PARKING-I had to pay an additional $6.51 for parking. Needless to say I was happy with the area, and the room was clean, but pricing is not at all what I expected when I arrived when I had paid in advance for the room which was $150.00.
1 night trip with friends Apr 16, 2015
Shannon
"Family weekend"
This was a last minute plan for three days at Isle of Palms and went online to book a room. The pictures were far better than the hotel. Very old, entry was difficult, and checking in was not on the ground floor. This was difficult because there was no place for my husband to park and wait for instructions for checking in. Had to wait for an elevator, because stairs were difficult for me. The people working there were great, a lot of repairs going on and very difficult to get to the beach even though the hotel was on the beach. We were there for three nights and the room was not cleaned until 4 pm in the afternoon. Had to call front desk for toilet paper!! No chairs to sit on beach were offered. Would not go back.
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
Cindy
"Right on the beach."
Parts of hotel under construction but was not a disturbance or issue. Room was ok, not as nice as had hoped. Staff extremely nice.
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
kris
"Great location at a decent price"
The hotel could use a facelift but the rooms were clean. The free continental breakfast was fine. We had a partial view of the ocean which was very nice with a better than expected view. It was a short walk to the beach. There were several nice restaurants within easy walking distance at reasonable prices. Three of them had views of the ocean and open air seating available. Overall, we had an enjoyable stay at a hotel with a great location at a reasonable price.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
Roy
"Ok Hotel on the Beach"
Breakfast was all cheap carbohydrates. Nothing substantial on the menu. Staff was often irritated. Our door lock battery had to be changed and the staff was irritated we had a problem getting into our room. Bathroom was not very clean
Other trip Apr 7, 2015
"Very close to beach"
Was good, heard too many notice next door not sure if walls are thin.
Other trip Apr 1, 2015
jack
Bed was comfortable. Room was spacious. Staff was nice and assisted when needed.
Other trip Apr 1, 2015
"Good stay"
Front desk was very friendly and helpful,room was clean it was plenty of room for 3 adults.the beds needed a top they only had a sheet,they would have probably supplied us with them if we would have asked! I thought the location was great and it's a good mix of things to do but still quit and relaxing we will defiantly stay next time we're in the area!
1 night family trip Mar 27, 2015
"Nice hotel on ocean."
Had a nice time in Isle of Palms near Charleston.
"Hmmmm"
Except for a few rooms, majority of rooms do not have windows facing outside and cannot be opened for fresh air. Our room was not cleaned the 2nd day. They comped us $6 parking x2 days for that though. Staff was not helpful when I asked which TV channel was news.
Other trip Mar 29, 2015