All hotels in Berkeley, California, United States of America
1175 University Ave, Berkeley, CA, 94702, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9222

"Business/School"
Wonderful staff and great breakfast choices! I will always stay here while in Berkeley!
3 night trip Apr 3, 2014
"Awesome Hotel, Great Location!"
Awesome Hotel, Great Location! The staff was quick and informative. The breakfast was hot, fresh and ready. I will definitely come back again!
1 night romance trip Apr 18, 2014
It was excellent!
1 night business trip Apr 19, 2014
"great value hotel close to UC Berkeley and BART"
We were here to check out the university. everything was great for the money we paid (proximity, comfort, cleanliness, convenience, service, friendliness) except for the eggs at breakfast which tasted like cardboard. Would definitely recommend!
1 night trip Apr 18, 2014
C Jacobs
We enjoyed our stay. The staff was friendly and helpful. Parking in Berkeley is usually difficult to find so it really helped that Holiday Inn Express offers free parking that's easy to access!
2 night trip Mar 22, 2014
"great location"
Everything was very good at this Holiday Inn Express except the it was very hot in the rooms and in all the common areas.
1 night trip Feb 24, 2014
"Great for Business Travel"
I stay here frequently because our corporate office is close by. The price is right, most times I get a room with a couch/sitting room area, nice! Lots of good places to eat close by, Free breakfast and parking also make it very appealing. I would say don't walk too far around there at night. Almost forgot the free fresh baked cookies! :)
1 night business trip Jan 29, 2014
Michelle S.
There are a number of motels in the area but this was the only hotel I could find. Everything was nice and clean and the parking lot was spacious. We walked to the UC Berkeley campus which was a little farther than I expected but not terrible. Breakfast was good and staff friendly.
1 night trip Dec 31, 2013
"nice place to stay"
Staff was excellent and helpful. Room was nice and clean.
1 night trip Dec 25, 2013
Ray R
"Berkeley graduation"
Kevin met us at the front desk with over the top professionalism. He checked us in and answered all our questions very politely and professional...just the type of person to be at the front desk at check in time. Later that evening Raj helped us, and my sister, with a map and directions to the graduation at the Berkeley campus. He listened patiently while my sister and I had discussions on how to best get to the Haas Pavilion for the graduation. When I asked his opinion, he offered it with explanations, and gave us great information regarding the parking garages, how far we would have to walk, etc. We had a wonderful morning at the graduation, less stress, with the expert help of Raj. I would highly recommend this hotel. The only drawback was no hot tub or pool to ease our travel weary bodies. Oh, the breakfast was very good and the staff there very friendly and helpful. BUT...my most overall best experience with Holiday Inn Express is the Eureka/Arcata one and the one in Everett WA. Always great staff.
1 night trip Dec 21, 2013
Auntie K
Great
3 night trip Dec 10, 2013
"Comfortable and clean"
Comfortable and clean hotel with goof Thai restaurant next door and many other dining options close by. Friendly staff , overall a good value I'd stay there again.
2 night trip Dec 7, 2013
"Nice hotel, very clean, comfortable rooms."
Nice hotel, new and clean, comfortable rooms, free breakfast. Plenty of parking, easy to walk to food, shopping, etc. Property kept up very nicely.
Other trip Dec 1, 2013
June
"Comfortable hotel"
Comfortable and quiet hotel with Do-It-Yourself-Laundry-Service (cheap), good breakfast, 20 Minutes walking to Civic Center, big parking space. Price is OK.
Other trip Oct 27, 2013
Bea
Always pleasant, clean and comfortable beds.
5 night business trip Oct 17, 2013
"Ok for business travelers"
Clean. Staff responsive . Well maintained. Good parking. Neighborhood probably safe but offers nothing that would invite walking around. A good place for business travelers . I Would probably look for something closer to university neighborhood and BART to accommodate my interest in restaurants, shops , ability to get into San Francisco without a car etc
Other trip Oct 20, 2013
B
"close to family"
I would stay there again
4 night trip Oct 11, 2013
"ok hotel. overpriced.......not too good of NEIGHO"
OK .. NOT A WHOLE LOT OF THINGS TO DO IN THIS PRETTY POOR NEIGHBOR. DIDN'T LIKE THE NO CANCELLATION POLICY!
Other trip Oct 2, 2013
"Great hotel but couldn't turn the TV off"
Arrived about 12:30am... TV was on when we entered the room. The TV could NOT be turned off. Turned the volume down and went to sleep - too tired to call for service. Other than that, the room was nice and very clean. The hotel was quiet and breakfast was great! I would recommend! Especially if you book through Hotels.com - otherwise the rates are high (if you are not from CA and used to it).
1 night trip Sep 21, 2013
MSO
"ok"
Not real helpful with our needs! didn't like the staff that well. maybe language berrier or not interested!
Other trip Sep 25, 2013
"Clean and convenient"
Close to Albany and clean and quiet
1 night business trip Sep 11, 2013
Man
"Nice hotel with proximity to University and SF"
The hotel is conveniently located to get around Berkeley or to go to San Francisco. There are loads of places to eat and shop nearby too.
Other trip Aug 30, 2013
FD
AC too loud. Needs to be controlled by thermostat.
1 night trip Aug 25, 2013
"Wonderful hotel"
Very clean, comfortable bed, spacious, wonderful service, great business center, great breakfast!
6 night trip Aug 11, 2013
Was not terribly thrilled with the surrounding area but the hotel itself did not disappoint.
1 night trip Aug 3, 2013
"Awesome place to stay!!! Better than I expected!"
Great place!! Close to BART, close to Berkeley College!! Nice. Breakfast was great too. Just a really great place to stay and not having to stay in San Fran!!
Other trip Jul 29, 2013
Laurie
"Happy with my choice"
Glad I picked this place, it was a great price and very nice. The beds were comfortable, the décor updated, and the breakfast made it an even better deal.
6 night trip Jul 16, 2013
"Exceeded expectations"
The rooms and general appearance of the rest of the hotel seemed very clean, new, and comfortable. I think it was recently rennovated. The view outside my window was no view at all - it was a darkened wall of incomplete construction - but I don't care about views, and I kept the thick sun-blocking shade drawn most of the time anyway. The bed was comfy with different pillow choices, there was lots of seating and various tables and surfaces throughout the room, and it had a convenient little counter with a fridge, sink, and microwave. Bathroom was nice and clean, with nice toiletries provided. The breakfast is delicious! Nice variety, awesome pancake maker, and the best biscuits I've ever had. The price was reasonable, and the location is fine. Nothing too exciting in the immediate area, but Downtown Berkeley is only minutes down the street, and the nearest BART station is a 10-15 minute walk, which I didn't mind at all. The hotel was very enjoyable and comfortable.
2 night romance trip Jul 20, 2013
"Great Hotel!"
Stayed here for 4 nights. Chose Berkley instead of San Francisco because of safety. Holiday Inn was nice: food, service, and location. I felt safe here. Right down the street is a good Mexican restaurant called La Mission that we ate at a lot! Breakfast at hotel included pancakes, cereal, omlets, sausage, and the like. Would most def stay here again!
4 night family trip Jul 17, 2013
"It is what it is"
It's a Holiday Inn, not a resort and spa. For that, this place gets 4 stars from me. I use this hotel while visiting my daughter in Berkeley, and it's been always clean and never had problem with anything. The stuff are professional enough. I can't complain about the street noise because they are not making the noise.
Other trip Jul 21, 2013
Niko
"Meh"
Bare minimum of upkeep. Shabby halls, elevator, public space. Should be nicer given price and chain standards. More like motle 6. Disappointing.
Other trip Jul 20, 2013
griffin
"smokey bathroom with a scent to cover"
The Hotel and Service was fine, front desk clerk was nice but not very knowledgeable about the area. CONS: Our bathroom smell like the cleaning lady smoke there while she clean, then try to cover it up with a scented spray or something. Told the clerk, she asked if we had used the room??? answer "YES" , she cannot change our room because we used it. PROS: hot complimentary breakfast sausage, bacon, and a lot more. Nice hotel aside from the smokey smelly bathroom.
1 night trip Jul 13, 2013
"Great innkeepers"
The hotel management was extremely helpful with everything from providing directions to helping send faxes and most importantly in getting us the kind of room we wanted
1 night family trip Jul 2, 2013
Cathleen
"Great management and service"
Very nice and helpful
2 night trip Jul 3, 2013
Cathleen
"very quiet pleasant stay!"
Great stay! Friendly service! Restaurants and shops are literally right next door making the stay even more pleasurable! I recommended this place to anyone!
1 night business trip Jun 22, 2013
amanda
We like Holiday Inn Express Hotels...as usual, our stay was comfortable and quiet...the staff especially helpful with a personal need...we would definitely stay again!
2 night trip Jun 3, 2013
"Perfect stay for a family with a Berkeley student!"
We had a lovely time! That's all I have to say at this time! It is outrageously rude of this website to refuse my very positive review of this fine facility because of the brevity of my remarks!
Other trip Jun 5, 2013
Mom
"Great hotel."
Check in was easy, staff was helpful. The room we stayed in was a mini suite, very clean and comfortable. While we were in a busy area, the room was nice and quite.
Other trip May 27, 2013
Bee
"Good location.."
About the best hotel you can get for the location...
Other trip May 27, 2013
"Great Place and Location"
Great location, comfy beds and good breakfast. Very clean and modern. Will stay again.
1 night trip May 9, 2013
Cecil
"5 stars yep"
convenient quiet and comfotable
1 night trip Apr 10, 2013
"Acceptable place to stay while in Berkeley."
Uneventful, the best kind for a business trip. Parking is ample, room was clean, however it needed to have the shower rod fixed.
Other trip Apr 11, 2013
"Home Sweet Home Awat from Home"
I like the pillow assortment and the comfotable desk and convenient plugs.
1 night trip Apr 3, 2013
"Great hotel for all traverlers"
Good location, with easy freeway access.Free wi-fi. Breakfast included if you are an earlier riser. A little far to walk to downtown Berkeley but could be done. The room was spacious and clean. Lots of places to eat within a few minutes of walking. Couldn't have asked for a better room.
Other trip Apr 8, 2013
"Good value."
I wish they would vacuum the carpets every day - and the stains on the carpet were really the only real detractor in the room. The furniture was in nice condition so the room was pleasant.
Other trip Mar 17, 2013
Jackie
"great if you're the explorer type"
Unless you know what you're looking for, the hotel isn't easy to spot on the road which I like in the sense that it's not super flashy. It's also within walking distance to the BART to go to San Fran and there are so many great places to eat near by or you can even walk to Berkeley University. Or it's a short drive from the highway.
5 night trip Mar 3, 2013
Oana
"Crash Pad feels Like Home"
Staff really takes care of me on my weekly visits. Its convenient convenient convenient
1 night trip Mar 6, 2013
"Construction currently next door, 7am wakeup call"
Very satisfied with all aspects of the stay. However there is construction going on next door, was woken at 7 am by hammering that was literally 15 feet from our heads. The hotel seemed pretty full, so it's possible they could not have situated us elsewhere. Did not contact the front desk as I was already up and moving rooms would not have helped, I just went out for the day. The construction noise is not something they control, but travelers should be aware it is happening and maybe call to ask if it's still ongoing. Stay was around 2/15/2013
1 night trip Feb 14, 2013
"Berkeley trip"
The hotel is very nice and clean. It feels safe. The breakfast was awesome!
1 night trip Feb 9, 2013
Doreen
"Great hotel to stay!"
We enjoyed our stay at the hotel. Enjoyed to be able to park without having to search for a parking spot. Also the parking was free where other hotels in the area you have to pay so much per day. Free Wi-fi and the continental breakfast was a plus. The hotel was walking distance to our son's appartment which allowed us to walk back and forth. The hotel room was clean and all the fixtures very modern and in good upkeep. Staff very helpful. We will stay at this hotel when we come back to the Berkerley area.
Other trip Feb 12, 2013