All hotels in Berkeley, California, United States of America
1175 University Ave, Berkeley, CA, 94702, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9222

Quite clean
  • Value
    Awesome vibe
    Regular internet service
"Wonderful experience"
We stayed for 3 nights. The room was very clean and comfortable. Service was excellent. People at the front desk, especially Amrita were outstanding-she went above and beyond the call of duty to be helpful! Will definitely stay here again
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Berkeley
Dear Shiv, Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Berkeley. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and are thrilled to hear you had an enjoyable experience. Our entire team will love to hear your praise including Amrita. Regards,
3 night family trip Mar 14, 2015
Shiv
"recent stay"
There was nothing particularly wrong with our stay here. However, our stay was especially good in any way, and there was an undercurrent of not particularly friendly vibes. next time, we will probably stay elsewhere.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Berkeley
Dear Traveler, Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Berkeley. I apologize if our staff gave out "unfriendly vibes". This is certainly not our intentions and never acceptable. I hope that in the future you would be willing to try us again so that we can show our true potential. Regards,
2 night family trip Mar 3, 2015
"Great wifi"
Great wifi. Decent and hot breakfast. Comfy beds. Nice places to eat in the area
3 night business trip Mar 1, 2015
"Great stay in Berkeley University Avenue"
The room was very comfortable and very clean. The lobby was very small but cozy with its faux fireplace. Staff were chatty and pleasant. My week long stay had no issues and I very much enjoyed it.
Other trip Mar 3, 2015
"Always Great!"
Friendly staff. Clean rooms. Ample, free parking. Lots of choices for breakfast.
1 night family trip Feb 22, 2015
Taina
"nice hotel"
nice new hotel in Berkeley. Facilities were great. Breakfast was so so but it's free
1 night business trip Jan 22, 2015
"Comfortable Hotel Away from Campus"
This is a pleasantly arranged and well run hotel, about two miles from the center of the UC Berkeley campus. Hotel rooms are are large and well laid out, with updated accoutrements. My room was kept spotless each day. The commons area is simple but pleasant, with fresh coffee or tea available all day. (And, unlike most hotels with that facility, the coffee is actually good!). Hotel fare includes breakfast -- one that is, by the standards of ready-set American hotels, actually quite ample: fresh fruit, cereal, juice, cinnamon roles, and scrambled eggs and sausage. Overall this hotel exceeded my expectations, and was a comfortable and quiet place to return to at the end of long days.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Berkeley
Dear Rob, We sincerly appreciate your feedback about your recent stay with us. It's wonderful to hear that we exceeded your expectations. I hope that we will be your home when visiting Berkeley in the future.
Rob
Very nice room, very convenient for a short stay. Lack of ventilation in the shower and lack of basic toiletries and kitchen appliances but over all very good experience.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Berkeley
Dear Avi, We appreciate your feedback and are pleased to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay. We will look into solutions to improve ventilation in our showers for the future. We hope to see you again soon.
Other trip Nov 19, 2014
Avi
"Clean, Comfortable, & Great Breakfast"
At arrival, we were given a complimentary upgrade! The room has a little kitchenette with a "real" coffee pot which makes it easy to brew my own coffee. Beds are very comfortable, air/heating unit is quiet, and the breakfast is AMAZING!! No continental breakfast here! It is a full breakfast with many options served in a clean dining area. GREAT STAFF!
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Berkeley
Dear Taina, I'm thrilled to hear you found our property clean, comfortable and enjoyed our breakfast. I will share your wonderful comments with the entire staff and we hope to see you again soon.
1 night business trip Nov 9, 2014
Taina
The location of the hotel is great. The staff was very helpful with location of restaurants and attractions. The rooms are large and spacious.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Berkeley
Dear Traveler, Thank you for taking your time to leave us a valuable review. I am thrilled you found our staff helpful and our rooms large and spacious. We hope that we will be your first choice when you return to Berkeley. Regards,
1 night family trip Oct 16, 2014
Our stay was everything we had hoped and more.
3 night family trip Oct 3, 2014
"Great value"
Hotel was really nice for what it was and was well worth the cost. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Hotel was clean and modern. Worked perfectly for what we needed.
1 night trip with friends Oct 2, 2014
Non eventful. Pleasant stay, nothing out of the ordinary. Breakfast was good if you stay away from the rubberized omelets. Nice variety of pastries and donuts. Coffee was goos and strong.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Berkeley
Dear Jan Kallet, Thank you for staying with us during your recent trip to Berkeley. I'm pleased to hear in general you enjoyed your stay but apologize that you did not enjoy our omelets. We hope to see you again soon. Regards, Greg Liversedge General Manager
1 night trip with friends Sep 22, 2014
Jan Kallet
"Ncie hotel - close to Bart and shops"
Nice hotel - centrally located in Berkeley. Rooms were decent - maybe a little run down due to being old but seemed clean. Lobby area etc could do with a refurb. Staff were friendly Breakfast pancakes were horrible but rest was ok
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Berkeley
Dear Traveler, Thank you for leaving us feedback about your recent visit. I'm pleased you found our staff friendly but am sorry to hear you felt we were a bit run down. We are always looking to make improvements and will be doing some renovations shortly to help update our property. Regards, Greg Liversedge General Manager
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
Great. Someone had left food in cabinet so staff had forgot to check. Other wise nice stay with comfortable beds.
2 night trip Sep 11, 2014
"As Usual"
I use Holiday Inn Express exclusively. As usual the room is excellent for the price, clean, very comfortable bed, and I love the fact that the windows actually open! Where they need work is the staff particularly the front desk. Not very accommodating very stand of fish bordering on rude. They offered not information on the surrounding area and in general we're useless! Would I stay there again? Sure I just know not to expect much from the staff
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Berkeley
Dear Richard, I sincerely appreciate your honest feedback to your recent stay with us. I'm very disappointed to hear that you found our staff "Stand offish" and will share this with the team. I hope that if you do choose to stay with us in the future, your experience with the staff is much different.
3 night trip Aug 29, 2014
When I got to the front desk I stood there waiting for the girl to look up from weekday ever she was fiddling with on her phone. I had to end us calling for her. The common areas of the hotel weren't very clean, however our room was. I like a firm bed but these ones are hard. Water pressure was great though and tyne breakfast was ok. Probably wouldn't go back though.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Berkeley
Thank you for feedback in regards to your recent stay with us. I'm sorry to hear that your overall experience was not ideal and that you found our service less than stellar. We will use your comments to provide feedback to our staff to ensure excellent service is provided on a consistent basis. Once again thank you.
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
"comfortable stay"
We stayed nearly a week at this hotel as we were dropping off our daughter to UCBerkeley. While the hotel is not within walking distance of the university, we found it quite comfortable as we had a car. The staff was very helpful and there were good restaurants around. We had a very pleasant stay and will probably go back to this hotel on our next trip also. The rooms were spacious for our family of 4 and had all the essential amenities. Breakfast was also good. We will definitely visit again.
Other trip Aug 31, 2014
roadtripper
"Excellent hotel in the middle of Berkeley"
We were visiting the campus and this hotel was excellent. It is extremely well maintained and clean. There is lots of free parking, and it is very easy to get to . It is a little far from campus for easy walking, but the bus goes right out front. The neighborhood is reasonable. I felt safe walking around and there are some decent restaurants close by.
1 night trip Aug 17, 2014
Jason S
"Nice Hotel for Campus Visit to UC Berkeley"
Far enough from the dinginess around UC Berkeley but close enough to get there in 10 minutes. The hotel is clean but I had to get my room changed because of a wierd smell - probably from the dampness the day of our visit. The hotel staff was very accomodating and made the switch without any questions.
Other trip Aug 21, 2014
MKP
"Nice room but firness center was lacking"
I enjoyed the room, it was clean and comfortable but the fitness center only had two pieces of equipment and the bicycle was broken.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Berkeley
Thank you for taking your time to review your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Berkeley. We are always seeking out areas to make improvements and will certainly look at our current fitness center setup for future changes.
2 night business trip Jun 24, 2014
"Hotel is nice but not in a good location"
Booked the hotel as it was near to UC Berkley but the neighborhood is not good. Wrong end of University Ave.
1 night trip Aug 1, 2014
"Close if visiting UC Berkley"
We had a nice experience at this hotel. Served our purposes well. Just any overnight place to stay with an okay continental breakfast. I would stay here again.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Berkeley
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent trip to Berkeley. We hope to see you again if you visit the area.
Other trip Aug 3, 2014
The hotel was i
"Comfortable nest on the road"
Beyond all expectations....from Greg welcome greeting...instant easy check-in...provided maps and direction....to beautiful large clean room....full service amenities from wifi...safe...large flat screen TV ...coffee bar...refrigerator...microwave...ironing equip....black out curtains...nice clean bathrooms with great shower...many towels and excellent toiletries ...and the most quiet restful sleep on dream bed with an array of pillows...decent BKF ...all staff smiling and most helpful...a most pleasant stay!
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Berkeley
Dear Joe, We are thrilled you enjoyed the amenities during your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Berkeley. I will share your wonderful comments with our whole team. We hope to see you again when you visit Berkeley.
2 night business trip Jul 25, 2014
"Clean, safe and close to major streets and freeway"
This area of University Ave. is inner-city like (homeless, drunken people) so it was nice to find a large, clean, safe hotel for myself, my teen daughter and her girlfriend during our stay in the Bay Area.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Berkeley
Dear Sandy, Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your trip to the Bay Area. I'm very pleased you found our property safe and clean. It's nice to see our great team's efforts paying off. I hope that we will see you again soon. Regards,
5 night trip Jul 18, 2014
sandy
"Unexpected wonderful stay"
This hotel is not in the best of neighborhoods but the quality of the staff and the inside of the hotel are five stars. I had three of the best nights sleep. Very comfy beds. Thick walls where you can't hear your neighbors. Wonderful breakfast. Highly recommend this hotel.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Berkeley
Dear Barbara, Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites, Berkeley. I'm very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. Your comments about our dedicated staff will be wonderful to share with the team. I hope that if you find yourself back in the Berkeley area we will be able to welcome you again.
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
"Friendly staffs"
Nice hotel to get back to relax, may sure get back to hotel before dark
Other trip Jul 17, 2014
"Best value hotel in Berkeley"
Good place and good staff! We will come back. We stayed for two nights and enjoyed it.
J
"so so"
It was decent. Nothing really to say, but it was just an average hotel. Be careful of the milk during breakfast, my friend got bad milk two days in row. Asked for extra towels and the front desk person told me I could get it myself from the house keeper lady. I didn't pay them to do stuff for myself. I paid for service and the stay.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Berkeley
Thank you for taking your time to provide feedback of your stay with us. I'm sorry to hear that the service provided was less than expected. In regards to your comment about bad milk we have shared this with our vendor to ensure it is not repeated. Once again, thank you for the valuable feedback.
2 night business trip Jun 27, 2014
"It is a very good choice for berkeley"
I think it is one of th best hotels in berekely for the prices they charge. I have seen hotels with similar prices but offer much less. It is clean, comfortable, good area, friendly and helpful receptionist. Breakfast was good. The internet service can be better. I would go to it again.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Berkeley
Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Berkeley. We always strive to remain competitive and offer a great value, which we are pleased to hear we hit that mark. I apologize that you found the internet less than optimal and will share your comments with our service provider to improve the experience. Once again, thank you for choosing to stay with us.
1 night trip Jun 19, 2014
Worst room ever... Phone didn't work. Coffee didn't work.. No privacy curtains.. They were sheer and people outside can see directly into room
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Berkeley
We appreciate your honest feedback in regards to your recent stay with us. I assure you this is not a typical experience and most of our guests find their amenities as they should be. I hope that if you find yourself in the Berkeley area again, you would be willing to give our property another try to experience our true potential. Once again I thank you for the feedback,
1 night business trip Jun 14, 2014
Location in a less desireable neighborhood, but it was quiet.
1 night trip May 16, 2014
"Great service!"
I was pleasantly surprised by the service provided at Holiday Inn Express. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The room was very clean and so was the breakfast area. Thank you!
2 night business trip May 14, 2014
"Business/School"
Wonderful staff and great breakfast choices! I will always stay here while in Berkeley!
3 night trip Apr 3, 2014
"Awesome Hotel, Great Location!"
Awesome Hotel, Great Location! The staff was quick and informative. The breakfast was hot, fresh and ready. I will definitely come back again!
1 night romance trip Apr 18, 2014
It was excellent!
1 night business trip Apr 19, 2014
"great value hotel close to UC Berkeley and BART"
We were here to check out the university. everything was great for the money we paid (proximity, comfort, cleanliness, convenience, service, friendliness) except for the eggs at breakfast which tasted like cardboard. Would definitely recommend!
1 night trip Apr 18, 2014
C Jacobs
We enjoyed our stay. The staff was friendly and helpful. Parking in Berkeley is usually difficult to find so it really helped that Holiday Inn Express offers free parking that's easy to access!
2 night trip Mar 22, 2014
"great location"
Everything was very good at this Holiday Inn Express except the it was very hot in the rooms and in all the common areas.
1 night trip Feb 24, 2014
"Great for Business Travel"
I stay here frequently because our corporate office is close by. The price is right, most times I get a room with a couch/sitting room area, nice! Lots of good places to eat close by, Free breakfast and parking also make it very appealing. I would say don't walk too far around there at night. Almost forgot the free fresh baked cookies! :)
1 night business trip Jan 29, 2014
Michelle S.
There are a number of motels in the area but this was the only hotel I could find. Everything was nice and clean and the parking lot was spacious. We walked to the UC Berkeley campus which was a little farther than I expected but not terrible. Breakfast was good and staff friendly.
1 night trip Dec 31, 2013
"nice place to stay"
Staff was excellent and helpful. Room was nice and clean.
1 night trip Dec 25, 2013
Ray R
"Berkeley graduation"
Kevin met us at the front desk with over the top professionalism. He checked us in and answered all our questions very politely and professional...just the type of person to be at the front desk at check in time. Later that evening Raj helped us, and my sister, with a map and directions to the graduation at the Berkeley campus. He listened patiently while my sister and I had discussions on how to best get to the Haas Pavilion for the graduation. When I asked his opinion, he offered it with explanations, and gave us great information regarding the parking garages, how far we would have to walk, etc. We had a wonderful morning at the graduation, less stress, with the expert help of Raj. I would highly recommend this hotel. The only drawback was no hot tub or pool to ease our travel weary bodies. Oh, the breakfast was very good and the staff there very friendly and helpful. BUT...my most overall best experience with Holiday Inn Express is the Eureka/Arcata one and the one in Everett WA. Always great staff.
1 night trip Dec 21, 2013
Auntie K
Great
3 night trip Dec 10, 2013
"Comfortable and clean"
Comfortable and clean hotel with goof Thai restaurant next door and many other dining options close by. Friendly staff , overall a good value I'd stay there again.
2 night trip Dec 7, 2013
"Nice hotel, very clean, comfortable rooms."
Nice hotel, new and clean, comfortable rooms, free breakfast. Plenty of parking, easy to walk to food, shopping, etc. Property kept up very nicely.
Other trip Dec 1, 2013
June
"Comfortable hotel"
Comfortable and quiet hotel with Do-It-Yourself-Laundry-Service (cheap), good breakfast, 20 Minutes walking to Civic Center, big parking space. Price is OK.
Other trip Oct 27, 2013
Bea
Always pleasant, clean and comfortable beds.
5 night business trip Oct 17, 2013
"Ok for business travelers"
Clean. Staff responsive . Well maintained. Good parking. Neighborhood probably safe but offers nothing that would invite walking around. A good place for business travelers . I Would probably look for something closer to university neighborhood and BART to accommodate my interest in restaurants, shops , ability to get into San Francisco without a car etc
Other trip Oct 20, 2013
B
"close to family"
I would stay there again
4 night trip Oct 11, 2013