All hotels in Texas City, Texas, United States of America
You can collect® Rewards nights here
1902 Texas Ave, Texas City, TX, 77590, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

TripAdvisor reviews for Economy Lodge

"Great service"
10/23/15 Mrs.Boydston
My husband and I came here a few times and I just never took the times to write a review. But this is a great place to come to with your family. The price is very affordable. We just move to Texas city and we are searching for an apt. We been here for 3wks now and the staff have been nothing but nice to us. I would recommend this place to anyone who needs a place to stay or get away. Its nice and quiet. No one bothers you and there is even a clinic and store near by. This is by far one of the greatest hotels I have ever been to beside the Marriott.
"Don't stay here!!"
01/21/15 hunter g
If you don't mind used condoms in the room & electrical wires in the shower, this is your place. If not, don't stay here. Yes, they have DVD players, but the wires will not reach the TV mounted on the wall. The sheets have cigarette burn holes in them, and the occasional roach is apt to run across the bathroom floor. There are loose wires EVERYWHERE in the hotel. The staff is rude & unfriendly. If I wasn't staying here for work, I'd stay somewhere else. Unfortunately this is the cheapest place around & it's easy to see why.
"This place needs to be closed down"
09/23/14 Madatecono
Everything I rated one cause I cant put a negetive number. We found used narcotic needles in our room. the room was not clean there was a poopy diaper on the balcony. The needles were confessed to be found in the room the night before the room was given to us. When recommended by the police that our money should be refunded the clerk said there policy is no refunds. Once threatened to be taken to court the clerk refunded our money. This place is unsafe and should be closed down. The only good thing about this place was the cops are close on hand because its located in the bad part of town.
"Safety Hazard and bad staff"
08/20/14 achirdo
I would never again stay at this hotel. We stayed there because of the cheap price, because all we needed was a place to sleep and shower. I'll start with the bathroom. Above the shower their were two holes drilled through the wall with live wire running through them running right above the shower along the wall. Also along the door frame inside if the bathroom there were live wires running around frame and ending at waist level protruding 4-5" with EXPOSED copper wire. That's right. Exposed protruding copper wire in the bathroom. Under the sink there was a huge hole in the wall about the size of a basketball. The there was also another randomly cut hole in the wall in the living area. The pillows at this place are awful to say the least also. It felt like they bought a pillow case and put in a small bags worth of cotton balls and sewed it up. The location of the place is also a cause for concern. Its not in a good neighborhood. Luckily we had chains and pad locks to keep the stuff on our boat from walking away. Next is management. The middle eastern staff hardly spoke any English and are hard to communicate with. I spoke with a lady on the phone and she could not help me with a basic problem due to her inability to speak or comprehend English. Your money is better spent elsewhere
"Reasonable and affordable"
07/22/14 James P
Clean room. Clean bathroom. A\C worked great. Comfortable bed. Sink drained slowly. A little mold in the grout in the shower. Base board trim along elevated tub pulling away. Parking lot has lots of trash. Pool was clean and cool. Laundry works. 2 washers, 2 dryers. All clean and operational. Floor was full of trash and "missing socks". Dennys is right next door and door key (CARD) holder had a 10% discount coupon for Dennys stapled to it. Staff was very courteous and helpful. Had problem with 3rd party online booking, staff and manager very helpful with correcting the motel end of the situation. Good place to stay!
"Great little place to sleep and go."
05/28/13 Javier R Dallas, Texas, United States
All hotels and motels in Galveston Island where booked for Memorial Day Weekend. Some where asking for ridiculous prices. I called Economy Lodge and was able to book two nights with the great price they gave me $50 a night. Nobody could beat that. I was just 15 minutes away from Galveston Island and traffic was not bad. The down side for me was the odor coming from the oil refinery 1/2 mile down the road, but that was outside only. Inside the room had no smell and was nice and comfy, it's not a Ramada or Hilton but a great place to crash and go.
"Great Value"
05/19/13 tito q Garland, Texas
The hotel is in a questionable area. yes. But it was very well kept and obviously recently redone. I want to call it tacky, Bright blue or orange walls but it was bright and fresh at the same time. Dont expect the ritz. More of a comfortable sleep type place. Nothing special but at the price, you get great value. Rooms were clean. Staff were average. Room was comfortable. Nice TV's etc. Met my needs and surpassed my expectations.
"Well done Economy Lodge, Well done!"
05/15/12 robert J Dallas, Texas
I had actually staied here years ago before the new managment took over and i a LOT has changed since then. Better service better rooms, better furniture, better internet and cable tv Better price! i was so suprised if i ever have to come down to texas city again i will probably look for this guys again.
"It's a place to sleep."
03/25/12 lilredhenny Hortonville, Wisconsin
The place is old. Carpet very worn. Sheets were clean. Coffee pot worked. Free HBO. Noisey at 2:00am. Not worth more than the $50 I paid.
"Great price and great staff"
09/08/11 yomare p Victoria, Texas
We were very pleased with the cleanliness and service at this hotel. Additionally, the bed and pillows were extremely comfortable. Soft, pillowtop bed and big, fluffy pillows provided a great night's sleep. The towels and washcloths were fluffy, soft and unstained. There was no noise from other guests and no one bothered us. The staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast room was immaculate and well stocked with muffins, breads for toast, bagels, juices, milk, and coffee. There was a flat panel TV in the breakfast room, as well as our room. The hotel is in more of an industrial part of town, but we did not see any unsavory characters at all. For the price and the amenities provided, it's a great deal. The best part was they do provide a room service at night if requested.We would definitely recommend it.
Reviews and ratings contained within this site are the subjective opinions of customers and suppliers; they do not represent or reflect’s position. Neither nor the parties involved in providing review content shall be held liable for any damages of any sort resulting from use of these reviews