All hotels in South Bend, Indiana, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here23040 Lincolnway West, South Bend, IN, 46628, United States of America, ‏Hotels.com Expert: ‎855-238-1593

"Close to South Bend Airport"
Staff was great, hotel was nice and clean, had a little problem with thermostat and getting AC to work, but front desk personnel came right up and helped get the issue resolved.
Other trip May 21, 2013
"LaQuinta was a very good choice."
The turn around getting to the hotel was a little confusing (just go toward the airport), but once there we were very pleased. The rooms were clean and very nicely decorated. We just wish that we had brought our bathing suits! The beds were very comfortable. The room was a very comfortable size. There was a nice full length mirror on the closet door. The bathroom was cheerfully decorated. The staff was nice and friendly. I would definitely stay there again.
Other trip May 6, 2013
Terry
"Great place for a quick overnight!"
My husband and I stopped at this hotel for an overnight during a long road trip. The hotel is a great place for a reasonable price. Good service, comfortable and clean room, and adequate continental breakfast. Would definitely recommend it!
1 night trip Apr 28, 2013
"Average"
I pay for 3 things in a hotel: bed, tv, shower. The bed and tv were fine, but the shower/tub had water issues. First, it would not get past luke warm. After contacting the front desk, I was advised that it was a setting on the new faucet. Being familiar with some plumbing, I asked the front desk for a screwdriver to fix it (since they did not offer a solution for me). After taking apart the faucet to adjust the temperature, the pressure was hardly enough to rinse hair. After a long day, my family did not quite have the relaxing shower we needed. Nonetheless, the room was sufficient.
1 night trip Apr 20, 2013
Casey
"great hotel"
hotel was great... my only complaint was there was never anyone at the front desk at night... we stood there for 15 minutes waiting to check in..
1 night trip Apr 26, 2013
T.S.
Wouldn't have rathered stayed at another hotel! 100%
Business trip Apr 23, 2013
Indiana
"Jackel and Hyde"
The La Quinta is a nice hotel. I didn't see it pre-renovation, but it is nice, clean and comfortable. I have stayed here twice in the last month. Both times, the attendant at the front, in the MORNING was extremely pleasant and accommodating. The total opposite is true for the woman at night (I've gotten the same two ladies each trip). There was a problem each of our stays with getting breakfast. This last time they said they ran out of batter for waffles and did not have syrup. The elevator was broken on one of my nights as well. Our room was on the 3rd floor. Our last stay, the evening attendant made derogatory comments to my guests as they were leaving the hotel, from visiting me. She was very unprofessional. She is never behind the desk and is always sitting in the lounge area. It was just uncomfortable and I won't be booking with them again. Not to mention the water pressure was less than a water fountain and luke warm.
1 night trip Mar 29, 2013
"Nice recently renovated hotel"
Newly remodeled and new furniture, nice bed very comfortable
Other trip Mar 24, 2013
Great stay after my flight was delayed into South Bend. Girl at the front desk was very helpful and it newly remodeled, very nice and clean.
1 night trip Feb 14, 2013
"Great Deal"
We chose this hotel because of the reasonable rates and proximity to our destination and were very pleased. The hotel was clean, modern, and the staff was very pleasant and helpful. The rooms are furnished with a modern, clean style and were very clean. We did have an issue with the outlet in our bathroom, when we told the front desk they promptly gave us a new room. One thing that was strange is that they provide a coffee maker, but don't provide coffee or tea bags to make it. Would definately book a room at this hotel next time in South Bend.
1 night trip Feb 7, 2013
"Our Favorite South Bend Stay"
With the rennovations pretty much finished, the place looks great. We were staying in January so breakfast seemed a bit lean but the room was spacy and pleasant. Everything was spotless and it was very quiet. Looking forward to our next visit.
3 night trip Jan 13, 2013
"Need to complete construction"
This holtel is undergoing major construction. The hotel rooms were very good but the construction work restrcted water flow to the room. I took 1 hour to re-fill the toilet bowl and the water flow at the sink was just enough to brush your teeth. It felt like camping out doors. The entrance and pool area were totally torn up. No one knew how to fix the water problem. I would recommend that you stay away until the construction is complete.
3 night trip Oct 19, 2012
DFG
Hotelnin the middle of renovations which should be great when done but which made for very limited services. Staff very friendly and helpful. Rooms nice. Hotel needs to invest in some new towels--the ones we hand were tiny! Shuttle service to Notre dame was convenient. Id go back there on a return trip.
2 night trip with friends Sep 21, 2012
"Call before you go!!"
This was not our first stay at this hotel so we knew going into it that it wasnt the nicest hotel ever. When we got there the pool was closed due to constuction (nothing was noted on hotels.com about this), we had to change rooms 3 times before we found one decent enough to stay in. The wall paper was falling off, windows covered with plastic, holes in walls, bathroom was absolutly discusting!!, towles were stained beond repair, light bulbs were missing, internet connection was non existent for the most part even when pluged in to the wall. We would have never stayed there if we had the money to change hotels but didnt. We eventually got our money back about 2.5 weeks later. I definetly recommend calling before book to be sure they are offering what u need. On top of all this the staff was unpleasent and breakfast was not served.
1 night trip Aug 11, 2012
"Decent for a Place to Sleep"
The hotel was fine, minus the work they are doing on the pool area which was fully under construction, which I feel should have been mentioned as if you wanted to swim, you were out of luck.
1 night trip Aug 25, 2012
"under renovation"
The hotel is currently under renovation. It desperately needs the work, so hopefully it will be better when it was done. The bed was so worn out and soft that my companion and I both had backaches before we left. The walls are thin and we could hear every noise up and down the hall and that is not going to be fixed by the repairs. It is fine for a quick stay when you are looking for savings over style.
Other trip Aug 28, 2012
Quite dissatisfactory. A 2-day stay. First of all, when we called for directions, they could not give us any. They said "We're right next to the airport. You can't miss us!" We got near the airport easy enough, but still took us awhile to find them. Then upon walking through 1st floor, we had to step around objects and look into gutted rooms with doors off hinges, as they were renovating. The pool was closed (which may have been advertised because I remember it said they were renovating). And when I asked the next morning about the continental breakfast, they said that was down due to the construction too; no apologies or any recognition of the inconvenience. My husband was kept awake by people running around in the hallway and dogs barking within the inn. There was a necklace on the floor left from a previous guest. Very disappointing stay. We were moving our daughter into college, a very hectic weekend, or we would have tried to switch hotels even without any guarantee of our money back. Still thinking about a formal complaint to hotel management.
2 night trip Aug 17, 2012
"Do NOT ever stay at this hotel. EVER!!!"
We arrived to find that our reservation was wrong and they did not have two beds as we were promised. The "non-smoking" room stank of stale cigarettes, the woman working at the desk was extremely unhelpful and acted as though it was our fault that the reservation was not right because we had not called ahead to confirm!!! There were only two pillows on the bed, and they were thin as paper and hard as rocks. Smoke detector was not hooked up. Wallpaper falling off the wall. Used towels in the corner of the room. Entry light to the room did not work. Hotel pool was drained and unusable. All in all, a total dump. A miserable experience. Whatever you pay to stay here, it is NOT worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1 night trip Aug 18, 2012
"gross"
We stopped here and we should have kept on going. This place was absolutely disgusting. I felt like I was staying in the Bates motel. The towels were stained, the carpets weren't vacuumed, the chairs were heavily soiled from God knows what,. The internet wasn't working on our entire floor and we had to go down to the lobby to use it and when I inquired about it, the clerk just shrugged her shoulders and said, "i don't know." So, they were doing renovations through out so we didn't get to swim or enjoy the breakfast. For what we paid, it was really too much.
1 night trip Aug 16, 2012
Tiffany
This hotel is undergoing major renovations with workers coming and going during the day. Room was reasonably clean considering the construction going on and was fairly spacious for the price(summer sale). Extra features like pool, hot tub, breakfast were currently unavailable due to the construction. Staff was courteous and helpful. Room was not furnished with adequate bath supplies for the number of guests, but was no problem getting what we needed from the desk. If you dont mind a bit of a mess outside the room and some construction noise during the daytime, it was a good value for the money.
2 night trip Aug 9, 2012
"Under Construction"
This hotel is right near SB Regional Airport. The location isn't very close to anything else in town, so it is probably only convenient if you are on an overnight layover or have an early/late flight to catch. Unfortunately, the hotel is undergoing major construction, which I didn't realize before arriving. The amenities listed included a pool and in-room wifi. The pool was drained as part of the construction and when I asked the front desk about internet access, was told (somewhat rudely), "I can't promise you anything." My final complaints were the smell in my room (like someone had been smoking, although it was a non-smoking room) and the place where the smoke detector in my room was supposed to be having just bare wires hanging from the ceiling. On the up-side, the manager I talked to after the first night of my stay was very understanding and cancelled my reservation for the rest of the week. This is the first time I've ever switched hotels, but it was a necessity with all the issues I encountered.
6 night trip Aug 2, 2012
"Close to South Bend Regional Airport"
For the most part, I did get rest despite the fact the the hotel was under renovations. I was looking forward to use the pool and the exercise room. Both were close. Couldn't wash laundry either. Although the hotel was close to the airport, I did need shuttle service and the Airport Inn does not have this service. However when I called the shuttle service, I was told by the operator that a van would be there to pick up myself and my disabled sister. with another hotel name on the side of the van. The driver assumed that we were going to the hotel that he shuttles for and I had to tell him that he had passed our hotel. He showed a very negative attitude but did manage to take us back to our hotel. So, when I call from the airport for shuttle transportation, I would expect that the operator is well aware of the shuttle system and where it's supposed to go. Hopefully the next time that I come for a visit to South Bend, the hotel will be complete after the remodeling and renovations. Is it possible to talk to a live person the next time that I make reservations for a particular hotel?..I say this because I would need to know if the hotel is under renovations or repairs..Also the desk attendants had intergrity issues as well. A little more professionalism would have been nice. Thanks..
4 night trip Aug 1, 2012
"Helpful Staff"
The hotel was undergoing renovations during our stay. The pool was not open and the breakfast area was off limits due to construction. The staff at the hotel was accommodating and tried to make our staff better. They did compensate us for the mess and I am very intterested in what the renovated hotel will look like. The rooms are in need of new paper and furnishings.
4 night business trip Jul 15, 2012
traveler
"Budget hotel; needs work"
Hotel was being remodeled but our door would not lock from the outside and the deadbold was nonfunction. The desk staff indicated the hotel was booked but there were very few cars in the parking lot.
1 night trip Jul 13, 2012
"Close to the Toll Road"
It was OK. Close too our highway was most important. The room and the hotel in general were accptable. Nothing really special. Good.
1 night trip May 29, 2012
"4 day stay"
wanted to be near airport; room was not clean, hair dryer didn't work, breakfast was terrible...only 2 days had bagles, the rest was cereal and sweet rolls and mini muffins. No fruit, yogurt, etc. The soda machine was broken, the jacuzzi was empty, remodeling above us-hammering in the early morning.
5 night trip Jul 5, 2012
"bad"
bad
1 night trip Jun 22, 2012
"Pretty Bad Experience"
Room had not been cleaned upon arrival - tissues,beer,wet towels etc on the floor. Shower didnt work. Moved to a new room and floor was saturated with water. Had to jump from bed to bed. Got one night refunded.
2 night trip Jun 22, 2012
did not have enough towels
1 night trip Jun 22, 2012
"You get what you pay for"
I had a great time here. It was exactly what I was looking for. An inexpensive hotel, that allows dogs. It wasn't the nicest but heck I got my sleep and it did the job.
1 night trip Jun 23, 2012
Ultimate frisbee player
"You get what you pay for !"
The toilet in the room was broken and would not flush . There was still evidence of the last time some one used it in the toilet bowl . The blankets and sheets on the bed were very worn and torn. Towels in the bath room were also in the same condition . old and worn and not big enough to do the job .
Other trip Jun 24, 2012
"Awesome deal for the price"
The room had some minor cosmetic things like wallpaper coming off the wall, but the room was big and clean. They are re-doing all the rooms so the rooms will be nicer. I couldn't believe the size of the room for the price.
2 night trip Apr 13, 2012
Tami
I'm shocked that a hotel so close to the airport could be so bad. Very dirty interior. The rooms were extremely dirty and in poor condition. The women running the front desk was nice though.
1 night trip Jun 2, 2012
"Needs improvement"
Breakfast was a big disappointment. Bedding smelled like smoke.
Other trip Jun 4, 2012
"Avoidable"
The place smelled really bad. The bathroom smelled of drains. There was exactly one tiny towel. There was an ancient refrigerator in the room that made a really really loud noise. There was a strand of hair under my pillow. Sigh. The elevator lights were not functioning correctly. The walls were paper thin. I would really ask people to avoid this place unless they get a rock bottom rate and need that rate.
1 night trip Jun 1, 2012
"Horrific!"
One of the worst hotels I have ever stayed at. Pool was ice cold, hot tub was empty, hallway carpet was terribly worn, phone didn't work, WiFi coverage was awful, breakfast was sparse and terribly staffed, staff had NO urgency to solve any of it.
1 night trip Jun 1, 2012
"Never Again"
The Headboard was OFF the wall in Room #1, moved to Room #2...the elevator was filthy, with a sticky spilled red mess all over the floor. Room was DIRTY; mold around the bathroom sink, hair around the toilet, luke warm shower, baseboards & carpet was dirty (my socks were BLACK when we left), burned out light bulb, only 2 bath towels (there were 3 of us), hot tub had no water, Pool was dirty with bugs floating and was way too cold to swim. Breakfast was nothing special. Have tried to call the Manager for 4 days now & haven't been able to reach him. ONLY good thing is that it was close to the SoBend Airport, which was nice to catch the train to Chicago & leave this nightmare of a place!
1 night trip May 25, 2012
sstoffel

"Walk from airport"
Room was not as clean as expected. Also, TV service was out, something the front desk should have mentioned when I checked in.
1 night trip May 28, 2014
Tarbush

"Buen precio, mala localización"
El precio y el servicio es bueno. Típico de La Quinta. Sin embargo está lejos de la ciudad y junto al aeropuerto, demasiado ruido
Other trip Oct 21, 2013
brian
1 night trip Dec 21, 2013
Other trip Nov 14, 2013
2 night trip Nov 4, 2013
"Great for Notre Dams games!"
Other trip Nov 9, 2013