All hotels in South Bend, Indiana, United States of America
23040 Lincolnway West, South Bend, IN, 46628, United States of America, ‏Hotels.com Expert: ‎855-238-1593

"Clean, new hotel at airport"
was newly remodeled. rooms were very nice great price. excellent deal for what you get.
Other trip Aug 1, 2013
"SouthBend LaQuinta"
Everything was great. Only fault I can find was the shower/water pressure was very weak. Other than that a great room.
1 night business trip Jul 25, 2013
"Pretty good for the money"
Pretty good for the money. Clean, nice decor. Staff was good. A little isolated from restaurants etc.
Other trip Jul 6, 2013
"Missed An Opportunity"
Nice newly updated property. Rooms in great shape. and Comfy. Literally in front yard of the airport, but never heard an airplane! Not real convenient to Notre Dame, the reason for our visit, but priced right for our needs. The entire stay was ruined by a pathetic breakfast offering made even worse Monday morning of our 2 day stay. Ran out of milk. 4 kids wanting breakfast and no milk for the limited cereal and no coffee. WTH? The rest of the offerings were pretty weak also. Small muffins, small powdered donuts, the standard waffles, and hard boiled eggs. 2 kinds of juice. Not impressed and it soured out stay. So, don't stay for the breakfast if that is important. Otherwise, worth a visit.
3 night trip May 17, 2013
"Close to South Bend Airport"
Staff was great, hotel was nice and clean, had a little problem with thermostat and getting AC to work, but front desk personnel came right up and helped get the issue resolved.
Other trip May 21, 2013
"LaQuinta was a very good choice."
The turn around getting to the hotel was a little confusing (just go toward the airport), but once there we were very pleased. The rooms were clean and very nicely decorated. We just wish that we had brought our bathing suits! The beds were very comfortable. The room was a very comfortable size. There was a nice full length mirror on the closet door. The bathroom was cheerfully decorated. The staff was nice and friendly. I would definitely stay there again.
Other trip May 6, 2013
Terry
"Great place for a quick overnight!"
My husband and I stopped at this hotel for an overnight during a long road trip. The hotel is a great place for a reasonable price. Good service, comfortable and clean room, and adequate continental breakfast. Would definitely recommend it!
1 night trip Apr 28, 2013
"Average"
I pay for 3 things in a hotel: bed, tv, shower. The bed and tv were fine, but the shower/tub had water issues. First, it would not get past luke warm. After contacting the front desk, I was advised that it was a setting on the new faucet. Being familiar with some plumbing, I asked the front desk for a screwdriver to fix it (since they did not offer a solution for me). After taking apart the faucet to adjust the temperature, the pressure was hardly enough to rinse hair. After a long day, my family did not quite have the relaxing shower we needed. Nonetheless, the room was sufficient.
1 night trip Apr 20, 2013
Casey
"great hotel"
hotel was great... my only complaint was there was never anyone at the front desk at night... we stood there for 15 minutes waiting to check in..
1 night trip Apr 26, 2013
T.S.
Wouldn't have rathered stayed at another hotel! 100%
Business trip Apr 23, 2013
Indiana
"Jackel and Hyde"
The La Quinta is a nice hotel. I didn't see it pre-renovation, but it is nice, clean and comfortable. I have stayed here twice in the last month. Both times, the attendant at the front, in the MORNING was extremely pleasant and accommodating. The total opposite is true for the woman at night (I've gotten the same two ladies each trip). There was a problem each of our stays with getting breakfast. This last time they said they ran out of batter for waffles and did not have syrup. The elevator was broken on one of my nights as well. Our room was on the 3rd floor. Our last stay, the evening attendant made derogatory comments to my guests as they were leaving the hotel, from visiting me. She was very unprofessional. She is never behind the desk and is always sitting in the lounge area. It was just uncomfortable and I won't be booking with them again. Not to mention the water pressure was less than a water fountain and luke warm.
1 night trip Mar 29, 2013
"Nice recently renovated hotel"
Newly remodeled and new furniture, nice bed very comfortable
Other trip Mar 24, 2013
Great stay after my flight was delayed into South Bend. Girl at the front desk was very helpful and it newly remodeled, very nice and clean.
1 night trip Feb 14, 2013
"Great Deal"
We chose this hotel because of the reasonable rates and proximity to our destination and were very pleased. The hotel was clean, modern, and the staff was very pleasant and helpful. The rooms are furnished with a modern, clean style and were very clean. We did have an issue with the outlet in our bathroom, when we told the front desk they promptly gave us a new room. One thing that was strange is that they provide a coffee maker, but don't provide coffee or tea bags to make it. Would definately book a room at this hotel next time in South Bend.
1 night trip Feb 7, 2013
"Our Favorite South Bend Stay"
With the rennovations pretty much finished, the place looks great. We were staying in January so breakfast seemed a bit lean but the room was spacy and pleasant. Everything was spotless and it was very quiet. Looking forward to our next visit.
3 night trip Jan 13, 2013
"Need to complete construction"
This holtel is undergoing major construction. The hotel rooms were very good but the construction work restrcted water flow to the room. I took 1 hour to re-fill the toilet bowl and the water flow at the sink was just enough to brush your teeth. It felt like camping out doors. The entrance and pool area were totally torn up. No one knew how to fix the water problem. I would recommend that you stay away until the construction is complete.
3 night trip Oct 19, 2012
DFG
Hotelnin the middle of renovations which should be great when done but which made for very limited services. Staff very friendly and helpful. Rooms nice. Hotel needs to invest in some new towels--the ones we hand were tiny! Shuttle service to Notre dame was convenient. Id go back there on a return trip.
2 night trip with friends Sep 21, 2012
"Call before you go!!"
This was not our first stay at this hotel so we knew going into it that it wasnt the nicest hotel ever. When we got there the pool was closed due to constuction (nothing was noted on hotels.com about this), we had to change rooms 3 times before we found one decent enough to stay in. The wall paper was falling off, windows covered with plastic, holes in walls, bathroom was absolutly discusting!!, towles were stained beond repair, light bulbs were missing, internet connection was non existent for the most part even when pluged in to the wall. We would have never stayed there if we had the money to change hotels but didnt. We eventually got our money back about 2.5 weeks later. I definetly recommend calling before book to be sure they are offering what u need. On top of all this the staff was unpleasent and breakfast was not served.
1 night trip Aug 11, 2012
"Decent for a Place to Sleep"
The hotel was fine, minus the work they are doing on the pool area which was fully under construction, which I feel should have been mentioned as if you wanted to swim, you were out of luck.
1 night trip Aug 25, 2012
"under renovation"
The hotel is currently under renovation. It desperately needs the work, so hopefully it will be better when it was done. The bed was so worn out and soft that my companion and I both had backaches before we left. The walls are thin and we could hear every noise up and down the hall and that is not going to be fixed by the repairs. It is fine for a quick stay when you are looking for savings over style.
Other trip Aug 28, 2012
Quite dissatisfactory. A 2-day stay. First of all, when we called for directions, they could not give us any. They said "We're right next to the airport. You can't miss us!" We got near the airport easy enough, but still took us awhile to find them. Then upon walking through 1st floor, we had to step around objects and look into gutted rooms with doors off hinges, as they were renovating. The pool was closed (which may have been advertised because I remember it said they were renovating). And when I asked the next morning about the continental breakfast, they said that was down due to the construction too; no apologies or any recognition of the inconvenience. My husband was kept awake by people running around in the hallway and dogs barking within the inn. There was a necklace on the floor left from a previous guest. Very disappointing stay. We were moving our daughter into college, a very hectic weekend, or we would have tried to switch hotels even without any guarantee of our money back. Still thinking about a formal complaint to hotel management.
2 night trip Aug 17, 2012
"Do NOT ever stay at this hotel. EVER!!!"
We arrived to find that our reservation was wrong and they did not have two beds as we were promised. The "non-smoking" room stank of stale cigarettes, the woman working at the desk was extremely unhelpful and acted as though it was our fault that the reservation was not right because we had not called ahead to confirm!!! There were only two pillows on the bed, and they were thin as paper and hard as rocks. Smoke detector was not hooked up. Wallpaper falling off the wall. Used towels in the corner of the room. Entry light to the room did not work. Hotel pool was drained and unusable. All in all, a total dump. A miserable experience. Whatever you pay to stay here, it is NOT worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1 night trip Aug 18, 2012
"gross"
We stopped here and we should have kept on going. This place was absolutely disgusting. I felt like I was staying in the Bates motel. The towels were stained, the carpets weren't vacuumed, the chairs were heavily soiled from God knows what,. The internet wasn't working on our entire floor and we had to go down to the lobby to use it and when I inquired about it, the clerk just shrugged her shoulders and said, "i don't know." So, they were doing renovations through out so we didn't get to swim or enjoy the breakfast. For what we paid, it was really too much.
1 night trip Aug 16, 2012
Tiffany
This hotel is undergoing major renovations with workers coming and going during the day. Room was reasonably clean considering the construction going on and was fairly spacious for the price(summer sale). Extra features like pool, hot tub, breakfast were currently unavailable due to the construction. Staff was courteous and helpful. Room was not furnished with adequate bath supplies for the number of guests, but was no problem getting what we needed from the desk. If you dont mind a bit of a mess outside the room and some construction noise during the daytime, it was a good value for the money.
2 night trip Aug 9, 2012
"Under Construction"
This hotel is right near SB Regional Airport. The location isn't very close to anything else in town, so it is probably only convenient if you are on an overnight layover or have an early/late flight to catch. Unfortunately, the hotel is undergoing major construction, which I didn't realize before arriving. The amenities listed included a pool and in-room wifi. The pool was drained as part of the construction and when I asked the front desk about internet access, was told (somewhat rudely), "I can't promise you anything." My final complaints were the smell in my room (like someone had been smoking, although it was a non-smoking room) and the place where the smoke detector in my room was supposed to be having just bare wires hanging from the ceiling. On the up-side, the manager I talked to after the first night of my stay was very understanding and cancelled my reservation for the rest of the week. This is the first time I've ever switched hotels, but it was a necessity with all the issues I encountered.
6 night trip Aug 2, 2012
"Close to South Bend Regional Airport"
For the most part, I did get rest despite the fact the the hotel was under renovations. I was looking forward to use the pool and the exercise room. Both were close. Couldn't wash laundry either. Although the hotel was close to the airport, I did need shuttle service and the Airport Inn does not have this service. However when I called the shuttle service, I was told by the operator that a van would be there to pick up myself and my disabled sister. with another hotel name on the side of the van. The driver assumed that we were going to the hotel that he shuttles for and I had to tell him that he had passed our hotel. He showed a very negative attitude but did manage to take us back to our hotel. So, when I call from the airport for shuttle transportation, I would expect that the operator is well aware of the shuttle system and where it's supposed to go. Hopefully the next time that I come for a visit to South Bend, the hotel will be complete after the remodeling and renovations. Is it possible to talk to a live person the next time that I make reservations for a particular hotel?..I say this because I would need to know if the hotel is under renovations or repairs..Also the desk attendants had intergrity issues as well. A little more professionalism would have been nice. Thanks..
4 night trip Aug 1, 2012

Stayed only for one night, the buffet breakfast was very minimal. The room was clean but just on the okay side. The area of the hotel is fine, there is nothing much around the area except for the airport. We did not hear any airplanes or noises at all. Overall it was decent for the price.
1 night romance trip Jul 5, 2015
"Walk from airport"
Room was not as clean as expected. Also, TV service was out, something the front desk should have mentioned when I checked in.
1 night trip May 28, 2014
Tarbush

"Buen precio, mala localización"
El precio y el servicio es bueno. Típico de La Quinta. Sin embargo está lejos de la ciudad y junto al aeropuerto, demasiado ruido
Other trip Oct 21, 2013
brian
1 night trip Dec 21, 2013
Other trip Nov 14, 2013
2 night trip Nov 4, 2013
"Great for Notre Dams games!"
Other trip Nov 9, 2013
2 night romance trip Oct 19, 2012

TripAdvisor reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites South Bend

"Worst stay ever!"
07/28/15 Lynn052361 Corpus Christi, Texas
I have never written a review for anything, but just had to for this last trip. The 1st day here our room was not cleaned & we were told it was because the Do Not Disturb sign was up & we didn't have the sign, the next day there was a nasty washcloth left on the desk along with no toilet paper in the bathroom, then the next day there was a bag of trash left on the floor and still no toilet paper. On these same days our room keys had been deactivated each day. The general manager blamed this on the girls coming down and getting extra room keys, so not true as we were there for AYOP and we were gone from early morning to late at night and trust me when we returned to the hotel the girls exhausted & not going down to the desk to get extra room keys. Worst stay ever! I travel a lot & will never stay in a La Quinta again.
"Very nice property!"
07/28/15 rackops51 Vacaville, California
My stay here was quite nice! The front desk staff was pleasant when I checked in and overall the property was very nice. My room was clean and well appointed. The only things I could have wished for (and the only reason it's a four and not five star rating) are these: First, there was no shampoo in the shower. I think someone just forgot it, but it wasn't there. I know that's small, but I needed to wash my hair and soap just won't cut it. Second, it would be nice to have a non-carb option at breakfast. True, there were yogurts, but otherwise, everything else was carb: waffles, cereal, bagels, muffins, and so on. I've been in La Quintas that serve eggs, sausage, and the like...or at a minimum hard boiled eggs. But none of that was here. And the fruit bowl was empty. With a few minor improvements, this property will go from being good to really very good. Despite my critique, I'd still happily stay here again and I would recommend it to others when visiting South Bend.
"One of the better La Qunta Inns"
07/27/15 Philip S Grass Valley, California
Stayed here July 17 2015. Facility was very good, staff helpful. Beds very comfortable. Happy we stayed here. We've stayed in about 10 La Qunta Inns on this trip and have very much appreciated the free WiFi with no sign in passwords. Also every one has the updated rooms and beds !
"Very nice hotel"
07/26/15 Todd N Fort Wayne, United States
Hotel is at entrance to South Bend Airport. Rooms are clean and fairly modern. Did not hear plane traffic or cars while spending night, possible no flights during that time. Did not have shuttle to airport, needed to park at economy parking lot.
"EXCELLENT HOTEL"
07/25/15 281wendyi
The staff was very helpful, since I had never visited this City before, gave me restaurant info, etc., everything in the hotel was very clean and quiet - had a great night's sleep. The breakfast was good and choice of food was adequate
"Definitely improving .."
07/25/15 UncleScooge01 HIGHLAND PARK
I've stayed here before and this place is getting better. Everything worked (a/c, electricity , lights, et al), comfortable bed, clean, and attractive décor... all the LaQuinta basics you expect. In addition, they have a very nice in door pool and a nice exercise room. The breakfast room is large and well decorated AND they fresh brew coffee each morning (no Nestlé's stuff ... bless them). The proximity to the airport is a real plus. IRRITANT: no newspaper (M-F,S,S)! and no newspaper stand near by.
"Adjacent to Airport and Good Value For the Price"
07/22/15 Charlesro2 Scottsdale, Arizona
This motel is right next to the South Bend Airport so it is very convenient if flying in late at night like we were. It is about a 15 minute drive to Notre Dame. The motel was clean, quiet and the rooms and breakfast buffet were very nice, especially since the night we were there they were at full capacity. Would stay here again if visiting Notre Dame.
"Nice Clean and Friendly place to stay!"
07/21/15 Tom M Corpus Christi, Texas
We have stayed at multiple La Quinta's and this hotel is above average for most of their hotels. Clean, friendly and a good front desk staff. Traveled with a dog and appreciated the fact that they put us in a room away from distracting noises and the outside had plenty of green space for him. Breakfast was up to par with La Quinta patrons standards. Had a good night stay on way to a road trip visit.
"A quick stop"
07/20/15 ResearchJan Caribou, Maine
La Quinta has always been dependable and this one did not fail. We stayed here the first night of a three-day trip after driving through Milwaukee AND Chicago, so were ready to rest. Staff was helpful and kind in directing us to nearby food, even though it was approaching 10 p.m. Room was very clean, comfortably upscale and beds were also good. Foam pillows did leave us a bit nonplussed. Breakfast was the usual LaQuinta affair, but overall decent.
"SOuth Bend Getaway"
07/11/15 Steven S Piqua, Ohio, United States
We Frequently stay at La Quinta when we travel. We visited the Amish area east of South Bend. The Motel was close to highway 20, and was easy to travel to and from. Plenty of restaurants to the east of the motel. Quiet rooms. internet for scoping out the next days itinerary, small indoor pool, exercise room, and a free breakfast to start the day.