All hotels in South Bend, Indiana, United States of America
23040 Lincolnway West, South Bend, IN, 46628, United States of America, ‏Hotels.com Expert: ‎855-238-1593

• Value
    Quite clean
    Food is not good
    Bad breakfast
    Bad internet service
Didn't expect much, as this was one of the last room available on a game day... was so happy to get a beautiful, large upgraded room! Wonderful!
1 night trip Nov 1, 2013
"LaQuinta - next to SouthBend airport"
Nice hotel, very nice rooms, indoor pool, breakfast @ 6:30 (if you don't have to catch the early flight). I've had to call for the desk clerks both days to come and get me checked out; they're not unfriendly, but not friendly either. Super hotel for the price, and very convenient if you have a flight out early the next day. Not too much in this area other than the airport.
1 night business trip Oct 24, 2013
L Tribble
"Nice hotel great location"
The hotel was great. Staff is very friendly. Not far from the University of Notre Dame or downtown South Bend. There was 1 minor issue and the hotel made it right. I would definitely stay here again.
Other trip Oct 29, 2013
Adam
"Traveling for business"
Located right next to the airport. Staff was friendly. Room was not clean. Hairballs in closet, hair in bathtub, and soap was not set out (had to call the front desk for a bar of soap). I would have called and ask to switch rooms but it was super late. Bed was clean and comfortable. Room next to me was very loud. Not really a hotel issue, more bad guest.
Other trip Oct 3, 2013
"Terrible"
The shower had terrible water pressure and the water would not even get warm. Then as we r checking out another guest asked the employee if there was anybody to refill the breakfast food . The associate said no and he is the only person working. So he couldn't replenish the food until he was on break. WOULD NOT stay there ever again.
Other trip Sep 23, 2013
"Newly remodeled - exceptional service"
I was pleased to find it was newly remodeled and everything was very clean and in good condition. It smelled wonderful - fresh and clean everywhere! The service from Anthony (I think that was his name) was exceptional - very friendly and prompt at taking action when we had a small problem with the toilet. (They had just had a very large crowd for a Notre Dame game the day before.) The pool was clear and clean and not over chlorinated as some are. The breakfast could use a little more variety, but what was served was good and fresh. The price was reasonable and I liked the location - within walking distance of the airport and not too far from restaurants. I would definitely stay here again.
1 night trip Sep 1, 2013
Debra
"Excellent service"
I had a comfortable stay. Definitely recommend it.
3 night business trip Aug 22, 2013
delilah
Just what a business traveler is looking for. Not a bad stay, nice staff, will rebook again.
1 night business trip Aug 18, 2013
"very nice hotel"
very good clean rooms. very goid service best la quinta we'veseen so far.
Other trip Aug 15, 2013
Helen
"Great value"
A great little hotel! The recent renovation was excellent...very nicely done. The room was a mini suite (sitting area separated from bed area) and very comfortable. The breakfast buffet was actually pretty good: eggs and fruit available, not just the typical carbs at most hotels. Staff was very helpful. It really was a great deal...I think the only reason it's so inexpensive is the location (way out by the airport). If it was in town they could charge double and easily get it. Excellent choice!
3 night romance trip Aug 1, 2013
Ann
"Clean, new hotel at airport"
was newly remodeled. rooms were very nice great price. excellent deal for what you get.
Other trip Aug 1, 2013
"SouthBend LaQuinta"
Everything was great. Only fault I can find was the shower/water pressure was very weak. Other than that a great room.
1 night business trip Jul 25, 2013
"Pretty good for the money"
Pretty good for the money. Clean, nice decor. Staff was good. A little isolated from restaurants etc.
Other trip Jul 6, 2013
"Missed An Opportunity"
Nice newly updated property. Rooms in great shape. and Comfy. Literally in front yard of the airport, but never heard an airplane! Not real convenient to Notre Dame, the reason for our visit, but priced right for our needs. The entire stay was ruined by a pathetic breakfast offering made even worse Monday morning of our 2 day stay. Ran out of milk. 4 kids wanting breakfast and no milk for the limited cereal and no coffee. WTH? The rest of the offerings were pretty weak also. Small muffins, small powdered donuts, the standard waffles, and hard boiled eggs. 2 kinds of juice. Not impressed and it soured out stay. So, don't stay for the breakfast if that is important. Otherwise, worth a visit.
3 night trip May 17, 2013
"Close to South Bend Airport"
Staff was great, hotel was nice and clean, had a little problem with thermostat and getting AC to work, but front desk personnel came right up and helped get the issue resolved.
Other trip May 21, 2013
"LaQuinta was a very good choice."
The turn around getting to the hotel was a little confusing (just go toward the airport), but once there we were very pleased. The rooms were clean and very nicely decorated. We just wish that we had brought our bathing suits! The beds were very comfortable. The room was a very comfortable size. There was a nice full length mirror on the closet door. The bathroom was cheerfully decorated. The staff was nice and friendly. I would definitely stay there again.
Other trip May 6, 2013
Terry
"Great place for a quick overnight!"
My husband and I stopped at this hotel for an overnight during a long road trip. The hotel is a great place for a reasonable price. Good service, comfortable and clean room, and adequate continental breakfast. Would definitely recommend it!
1 night trip Apr 28, 2013
"Average"
I pay for 3 things in a hotel: bed, tv, shower. The bed and tv were fine, but the shower/tub had water issues. First, it would not get past luke warm. After contacting the front desk, I was advised that it was a setting on the new faucet. Being familiar with some plumbing, I asked the front desk for a screwdriver to fix it (since they did not offer a solution for me). After taking apart the faucet to adjust the temperature, the pressure was hardly enough to rinse hair. After a long day, my family did not quite have the relaxing shower we needed. Nonetheless, the room was sufficient.
1 night trip Apr 20, 2013
Casey
"great hotel"
hotel was great... my only complaint was there was never anyone at the front desk at night... we stood there for 15 minutes waiting to check in..
1 night trip Apr 26, 2013
T.S.
Wouldn't have rathered stayed at another hotel! 100%
Business trip Apr 23, 2013
Indiana
"Jackel and Hyde"
The La Quinta is a nice hotel. I didn't see it pre-renovation, but it is nice, clean and comfortable. I have stayed here twice in the last month. Both times, the attendant at the front, in the MORNING was extremely pleasant and accommodating. The total opposite is true for the woman at night (I've gotten the same two ladies each trip). There was a problem each of our stays with getting breakfast. This last time they said they ran out of batter for waffles and did not have syrup. The elevator was broken on one of my nights as well. Our room was on the 3rd floor. Our last stay, the evening attendant made derogatory comments to my guests as they were leaving the hotel, from visiting me. She was very unprofessional. She is never behind the desk and is always sitting in the lounge area. It was just uncomfortable and I won't be booking with them again. Not to mention the water pressure was less than a water fountain and luke warm.
1 night trip Mar 29, 2013
"Nice recently renovated hotel"
Newly remodeled and new furniture, nice bed very comfortable
Other trip Mar 24, 2013
Great stay after my flight was delayed into South Bend. Girl at the front desk was very helpful and it newly remodeled, very nice and clean.
1 night trip Feb 14, 2013
"Great Deal"
We chose this hotel because of the reasonable rates and proximity to our destination and were very pleased. The hotel was clean, modern, and the staff was very pleasant and helpful. The rooms are furnished with a modern, clean style and were very clean. We did have an issue with the outlet in our bathroom, when we told the front desk they promptly gave us a new room. One thing that was strange is that they provide a coffee maker, but don't provide coffee or tea bags to make it. Would definately book a room at this hotel next time in South Bend.
1 night trip Feb 7, 2013

"Weekend Stay for Wedding at Notre Dame"
Very clean hotel with all the essential amenities (breakfast, microwave, fridge). Also, a walkable distance from SBN airport and about 20 mins by road to Notre Dame.
2 night trip with friends Aug 14, 2015
nice,clean rooms and premises. close location to airport. excellent staff.
Other trip Aug 18, 2015
Stayed only for one night, the buffet breakfast was very minimal. The room was clean but just on the okay side. The area of the hotel is fine, there is nothing much around the area except for the airport. We did not hear any airplanes or noises at all. Overall it was decent for the price.
1 night romance trip Jul 5, 2015
"Walk from airport"
Room was not as clean as expected. Also, TV service was out, something the front desk should have mentioned when I checked in.
1 night trip May 28, 2014
Tarbush

"Buen precio, mala localización"
El precio y el servicio es bueno. Típico de La Quinta. Sin embargo está lejos de la ciudad y junto al aeropuerto, demasiado ruido
Other trip Oct 21, 2013
brian
1 night trip Dec 21, 2013
Other trip Nov 14, 2013
2 night trip Nov 4, 2013
"Great for Notre Dams games!"
Other trip Nov 9, 2013
Scott j.

TripAdvisor reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites South Bend

"Gorgeous Clean Hotel"
01/25/16 The2ofUStogether Fenton, Michigan
This hotel was very nice!! Loved this remodeled LaQuinta. The rooms were gorgeous and clean. Loved the extra sitting area and additional TV. It was very clean and the staff was friendly and helpful as well.
01/11/16 Harry B Virginia Beach, Virginia
Across the board excellent. We arrived extremely late on Friday, January 2nd., and the staff greeted us with smiling faces, We were checked in quite quickly and given our rooms keys and shown the way to the room. We were also asked if we needed any help with whatever luggage we might have. I did not expect all of this due to the hour that it was. My hats off to the staff!!!!!
"First and LAST visit-PERIOD!!!"
01/11/16 primetime1955
Close to airport and wanted to try a LaQuinta-first and LAST time. I am a Hilton and Best Western Diamond member so lots of travel. Person at front desk who checked me in was great!!! But, I went out to eat before I went to room and when I got to room IT HAD NOT BEEN CLEANED AT ALL-NOT TOUCHED. Again the young lady at the front desk was super and did change my room, but it is obvious that someone did not check up on this room after housekeeping was done as you see at most hotels-the manager or boss checks it out. Next day I mentioned the situation to person who checked me out-did not get a real feeling that they cared about this and was no big deal...BUT TO ME, THE CUSTOMER (remember us???!!!) is was and will not be back here or try another LaQuinta
01/08/16 Harry B Virginia Beach, United States
Perfect service. The only thing that was left out was the welcome package for Elite Members. Which I am. That was the ONLY issues that I had. We would definitely stay here again in South Bend if we are in the area.
"Very close to the SBN airport."
12/27/15 millertime01 Indiana
I travel to and work at the SBN airport. I had the opportunity to spend a week at the La Quinta Inn at the airport. It has been redone recently and there are some minor details that need attention. I had a light that was partially burnt out and was it making a high pitched noise. I saw the handy man in the elevator and mentioned something to him. He said he would fix it asap. I got back from lunch and it was fixed. The staff is busy but nice. The breakfast is taken care of and ok. My wife stayed with me on my most recent stay and she approved of the cleanliness. Hotels hardly ever get that stamp of approval.
"Theft ?"
12/26/15 Samantha W
I have stayed at the la Quinta in south bend many times. It was my preferred hotel... I found it clean, modern, and the employees nice . I was very satisfied until yesterday after I came back from my family's Christmas . Beforehand my husband and I laid money down on the tv stand in our king bedroom. My husband put a five dollar bill and a single .... And I put the change out of my pocket right before going to bed . We also had our tablets and gift bags in the room. We had never had any problems and I felt comfortable leaving my expensive gifts in my room and my pocket money in front of our tv. The room was not a mess, it's not like we left everything in plain sight . But when we returned the money in front of our tv was gone . My husband said .... Maybe they thought it was a tip. I felt that with it being next to my keys and tablet that it did not look like a tip. And most people who do leave money do it on a pillow or write a note . I thought I will let it go its just a couple of bucks... But I did not like they way it made me feel. So I called the front desk to ask. The women was very apologetic ... Told me she would talk to her manager ....and she then tells me that maids are not allowed to take money from a room (if a tip is left) till the customer checks out . So after my first night stay my money has been taken, which made me upset .... I have to say it bothered me allot, someone taking something that was not given. And they weren't even allowed to.... It just felt like a small petty theft. It was distasteful , I also felt like no one really cared. I'm not upset about the amount of money they took, I'm upset that someone would take from me when they are in a room filled with my things . Where does it stop? Would the housekeeper have taken one of my gifts, or helped herself to something else that was laying around . Just a sad situation .
"A good place to stay"
12/08/15 Jane H St Anthony, United States
For a good price the La Quinta South Bend was excellent .The room was comfortable and clean and the staff were friendly and helpful . We also appreciate the fact that our family dog was welcome . I also liked having a work out room available - it felt good after being in the car all day. I would stay there again if I am ever in the area.
"Awesome"
12/08/15 Mary c
This property is very comfortable and quiet. Staff was very accommodating to our requests. The close proximity to the airport makes this a real plus! I found the staff helpful in choosing a local food place and with any other little thing we requested. Very pleasant atmosphere.
"Accepts pets"
11/28/15 Edward E Niles, United States
stayed there because of pet policy. lost power during recent snowfall and needed a place that accepts pets. this is our second stay here. only negative is a carb loaded breakfast and usual lack of variety. overall a good place for us to stay close to our home.
"Another dependably good LaQuinta Inn"
11/28/15 Rick A Port Orange, Florida
We seek out LaQuinta Inns because of their pet friendly policy and quality accommodations. This property did not let us down. When you add a friendly staff and a reasonable room rate to the mix, this place is a no-brainer if you're in the area.