All hotels in South Bend, Indiana, United States of America
23040 Lincolnway WestSouth BendIN46628United States of America, ‏Hotels.com Expert: ‎855-238-1593

• Value for money
    Clean
    Bad breakfast
    Food is not good
    Bad internet service
Didn't expect much, as this was one of the last room available on a game day... was so happy to get a beautiful, large upgraded room! Wonderful!
1 night trip Nov 1, 2013
"LaQuinta - next to SouthBend airport"
Nice hotel, very nice rooms, indoor pool, breakfast @ 6:30 (if you don't have to catch the early flight). I've had to call for the desk clerks both days to come and get me checked out; they're not unfriendly, but not friendly either. Super hotel for the price, and very convenient if you have a flight out early the next day. Not too much in this area other than the airport.
1 night business trip Oct 24, 2013
L Tribble
"Nice hotel great location"
The hotel was great. Staff is very friendly. Not far from the University of Notre Dame or downtown South Bend. There was 1 minor issue and the hotel made it right. I would definitely stay here again.
Other trip Oct 29, 2013
Adam
"Traveling for business"
Located right next to the airport. Staff was friendly. Room was not clean. Hairballs in closet, hair in bathtub, and soap was not set out (had to call the front desk for a bar of soap). I would have called and ask to switch rooms but it was super late. Bed was clean and comfortable. Room next to me was very loud. Not really a hotel issue, more bad guest.
Other trip Oct 3, 2013
"Terrible"
The shower had terrible water pressure and the water would not even get warm. Then as we r checking out another guest asked the employee if there was anybody to refill the breakfast food . The associate said no and he is the only person working. So he couldn't replenish the food until he was on break. WOULD NOT stay there ever again.
Other trip Sep 23, 2013
"Newly remodeled - exceptional service"
I was pleased to find it was newly remodeled and everything was very clean and in good condition. It smelled wonderful - fresh and clean everywhere! The service from Anthony (I think that was his name) was exceptional - very friendly and prompt at taking action when we had a small problem with the toilet. (They had just had a very large crowd for a Notre Dame game the day before.) The pool was clear and clean and not over chlorinated as some are. The breakfast could use a little more variety, but what was served was good and fresh. The price was reasonable and I liked the location - within walking distance of the airport and not too far from restaurants. I would definitely stay here again.
1 night trip Sep 1, 2013
Debra
"Excellent service"
I had a comfortable stay. Definitely recommend it.
3 night business trip Aug 22, 2013
delilah
Just what a business traveler is looking for. Not a bad stay, nice staff, will rebook again.
1 night business trip Aug 18, 2013
"very nice hotel"
very good clean rooms. very goid service best la quinta we'veseen so far.
Other trip Aug 15, 2013
Helen
"Great value"
A great little hotel! The recent renovation was excellent...very nicely done. The room was a mini suite (sitting area separated from bed area) and very comfortable. The breakfast buffet was actually pretty good: eggs and fruit available, not just the typical carbs at most hotels. Staff was very helpful. It really was a great deal...I think the only reason it's so inexpensive is the location (way out by the airport). If it was in town they could charge double and easily get it. Excellent choice!
3 night romance trip Aug 1, 2013
Ann
"Clean, new hotel at airport"
was newly remodeled. rooms were very nice great price. excellent deal for what you get.
Other trip Aug 1, 2013
"SouthBend LaQuinta"
Everything was great. Only fault I can find was the shower/water pressure was very weak. Other than that a great room.
1 night business trip Jul 25, 2013
"Pretty good for the money"
Pretty good for the money. Clean, nice decor. Staff was good. A little isolated from restaurants etc.
Other trip Jul 6, 2013
"Missed An Opportunity"
Nice newly updated property. Rooms in great shape. and Comfy. Literally in front yard of the airport, but never heard an airplane! Not real convenient to Notre Dame, the reason for our visit, but priced right for our needs. The entire stay was ruined by a pathetic breakfast offering made even worse Monday morning of our 2 day stay. Ran out of milk. 4 kids wanting breakfast and no milk for the limited cereal and no coffee. WTH? The rest of the offerings were pretty weak also. Small muffins, small powdered donuts, the standard waffles, and hard boiled eggs. 2 kinds of juice. Not impressed and it soured out stay. So, don't stay for the breakfast if that is important. Otherwise, worth a visit.
3 night trip May 17, 2013
"Close to South Bend Airport"
Staff was great, hotel was nice and clean, had a little problem with thermostat and getting AC to work, but front desk personnel came right up and helped get the issue resolved.
Other trip May 21, 2013
"LaQuinta was a very good choice."
The turn around getting to the hotel was a little confusing (just go toward the airport), but once there we were very pleased. The rooms were clean and very nicely decorated. We just wish that we had brought our bathing suits! The beds were very comfortable. The room was a very comfortable size. There was a nice full length mirror on the closet door. The bathroom was cheerfully decorated. The staff was nice and friendly. I would definitely stay there again.
Other trip May 6, 2013
Terry

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Weekend Stay for Wedding at Notre Dame"
Very clean hotel with all the essential amenities (breakfast, microwave, fridge). Also, a walkable distance from SBN airport and about 20 mins by road to Notre Dame.
2 night trip with friends Aug 14, 2015
nice,clean rooms and premises. close location to airport. excellent staff.
Other trip Aug 18, 2015
Stayed only for one night, the buffet breakfast was very minimal. The room was clean but just on the okay side. The area of the hotel is fine, there is nothing much around the area except for the airport. We did not hear any airplanes or noises at all. Overall it was decent for the price.
1 night romance trip Jul 5, 2015
"Walk from airport"
Room was not as clean as expected. Also, TV service was out, something the front desk should have mentioned when I checked in.
1 night trip May 28, 2014
Tarbush

The following reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Buen precio, mala localización"
El precio y el servicio es bueno. Típico de La Quinta. Sin embargo está lejos de la ciudad y junto al aeropuerto, demasiado ruido
Other trip Oct 21, 2013
brian
1 night trip Dec 21, 2013
Other trip Nov 14, 2013
2 night trip Nov 4, 2013
"Great for Notre Dams games!"
Other trip Nov 9, 2013
Christy

TripAdvisor reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites South Bend

"Surprising stay"
04/27/16 Rodney S United States
We were on our way home of a 5 day trip, pulling a RV that we used and stayed in parks all the way. Because we had some bad weather and mishaps with the RV, I asked my husband if he'd like to stay in a hotel for our last night to avoid all the hassle of hooking up to water, elec, etc. He said, "yes, absolutely" so I called and made a reservation for that night. When we checked in and they gave him the key to the room, we asked for a king bed, he opened the door and both of us said how surprised we got a suite... It was so nice after our long haul, to have everything we needed, and just shower and get into bed. Best night of our traveling back home. Thank you LaQuinta
"Pleasant Stay"
04/27/16 Judy P Michigan, United States
Our stay was a family of 9 people in 3 rooms. Our check in was easy, breakfast was good and we as a family were able to spend time together in the breakfast area. The rooms were very nice and clean. The beds were very comfortable but the pillows were somewhat clumpy. You may want to take your own. (just my personal opinion). Other than that, this place was very nice and I would stay here again and again.
"Quiet hotel"
04/26/16 trevian8 northern Michigan
We spent one night here on the way home from Florida. It's hard to find reasonably priced pet friendly hotels in South Bend so I would recommend this recently redecorated LQ. There is lots of grass surrounding the property so it's a good place to walk your dog. We booked a suite which was very nice although the bathroom is really small. We didn't try the breakfast so no comment there, but it was the usual LQ type. The location is right next to the airport but a few miles from downtown so there aren't many restaurants nearby.
"Will stay again"
04/25/16 kate r
Clean. Quiet. Helpful. Nice suite. Breakfast was better than expected and the woman helping and tidying up was incredibly friendly and helpful. No noise noticed from nearby road or airport. Would definitely recommend!
"Pleasantly Surprised "
04/25/16 Jessica60622 Chicago
I grew up in South Bend, and this is the first time in my I've stayed at a hotel there. As a Chicagoan now, with high hotel standards, I was very curious what we would find. My husband and I were here for two nights and absolutely enjoyed our stay! We read mixed reviews, and I despite what looked like a little red wine stain on our duvet, we thought everything was comfortable and clean. Staff was friendly, even made delicious snicker doodles! Bed was firm and comfortable, lots of pillows. Will go back!
"Average, Out of the way hotel"
04/24/16 ROBERT2448 Spokane Valley, Washington
This is an older property. The rooms were adequate, but not great. The breakfast was below average with few choices, and lower quality. The staff was about average. It is near the airport, but not close to the rest of town.
"Great staff, from management, people at the front desk, to the hard-working people that cleaned our rooms everyday"
04/23/16 storm12761 N/A
My stay at your hotel started out at 6 o'clock in the morning in April of this year. Your hotel is where Truck Driver Institute has chosen for the hotel that their students stay in while they are in training. I was told your check-in time was 11 AM, but your staff would be happy to let me drop my things at the office, and take care of them until I got there after 5:30 PM. This would've been fine, but your staff went one step further and let me put my stuff in a room where I was going to be staying that evening! I cannot tell you how much pressure that took off on me, but I truly appreciate it. I stated your hotel for a total of 18 days while I was taking my classes that started at 7 AM and finished at 5:30 PM. The breakfast after hotel was not supposed to be available until 6:30 AM, but your management and staff knew that would not give us enough time to do breakfast and get to school on time. I was usually the first one down in the lobby and about 5:45 AM every day, except for weekends when I slept in. It didn't matter who was working in the morning, they always had the breakfast bar set up and ready to go before I got down there. I have stayed at a few different hotels/motels across the country, and although those people were pretty nice to me, your staff was outstanding. Although was nice to get home, your hotel and staff provided a nice place to be other than home. I will be coming to stay with you guys again on April 26, 2016. I will be looking forward to seeing your staff for that evening. I am most likely going to be employee by a trucking company based out of Gary Indiana, and although I live in New Haven Indiana, just a couple hours from your establishment, I will most likely try to spend at least one or two nights after hotel. I have absolutely no complaints with your hotel or staff. That being said, there is one thing that I would like to have had access to during my stay, some kind of shuttle service. It would be nice if it was free,( LOL! ) But I would have paid for the service. Once again, KUDOS to all your staff!!, See you Tuesday night, Tim
"Comfortable hotel near the airport; staff unable to prevent next door neightbor's kids from making a ruckus!"
04/13/16 Big_bro_1_usa Chicago, Illinois
PROS: walking distance from the South Bend airport; large updated rooms- we had the 2 queen with sofabed; gym with elliptical, treadmill, bike and weights overlooking pool (perfect for exercising while the kids use the pool). Abundant parking; all day access to beverage dispenser. CONS: their hot breakfast has no meat (hot = oatmeal); some hiccups from housekeeping- shampoo and ice bucket liner not replaced; you may hear dogs barking from time to time as they allow pets; no newspaper; the housekeeper did not empty the trashcan by the ice dispenser for the 3 days we were there; the TVs in the whole hotel do not seem to be HD- may be 480 p at the most. They may have "flat screens" but it is not HD. On our last night there were very rowdy kids in the next room . I let it pass for 2 hours thinking they needed to let off steam but after letting the front desk know and he also noticed it (thru the security camera in the hallway ceiling) he was unable to get this rude family to discipline their kids and keep the noise down until past 11 pm. I even heard him speaking with the kids mother who lied about her kids being in the pool at that time (the pool closes at 10 pm) . He did not correct her even though both he (thru the security camera) and I (thru the room door's viewer) saw and described the same kids. I mentioned this to the front desk (different person) prior to checking out and just got an apology , no adjustment in the bill.
"Good Place to Stay"
04/12/16 Billy C Richmond, United States
We had no problems. My daughter loved the pool, I enjoyed the gym equipment. The rooms were nice and clean and we were all happy with our stay. The hotel was to capacity because we were in town for a youth bowling tournament. I feel the staff handled everything very well. We would have no problem staying here again. We had actually stayed in this same hotel 3 years prior for the same tourney. The refreshed look was nice and modernized the entire place.
"worst la quinta ever"
03/20/16 Nickie D South Bend, Indiana
i have stayed at other la quintas and this one was the worst!!!!! alot of hockey players that were playing hockey in the halls while the parents were down stairs getting drunk and doing nothing abot there kids. very noisey and didnt care. the front desk tried and the manager did nothing. the manager didnt even say they were sorry for all the noise and for the price you have to pay for one night, this is crazy !!!!!!!! i will NEVER stay at this place again!!!!