All hotels in Layton, Utah, United States of America
1803 Woodland Park Dr, Layton, UT, 84041, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9399

Location, convenience and cost were terrific. The staff at the hotel were efficient and friendly.
2 night business trip Aug 22, 2013
Johnson
nice. Will use Courtyard again.
2 night trip Jul 3, 2013
Was clean & quiet, staff was friendly & helpful.
2 night trip May 17, 2013
"Very clean hotel"
The hotel is very clean. The beds are comfy. We had a good stay
Other trip Jun 2, 2013
"Family Hotel"
The hotel was clean and met our needs. The staff was friendly and efficient. One small issue was the fact that I had reserved a room with two queen beds and there was not one available when we arrived. Instead we had a room with a King and fold away sofa sleeper. Since we had two children with us, the sofa sleeper worked, however as an adult I would not have been happy to sleep on it.
Other trip May 28, 2013
"Very nice hotel"
Just what you would expect from a Courtyard. Clean, up to date, and good staff. We stayed here the night before the Ogden Marathon and this worked out great. it's only about 15 minutes from the marathon shuttle and finish line. We would have booked in Ogden, but everything that looked good was already sold out. This was fine - I'd even stay here again without looking at Ogden hotels.
Other trip May 21, 2013
"Layton review"
The hotel was very clean and quiet with a great view of the snow capped mountains. The staff was very friendly, accommodating and professional. The location to all shops, restaurants and Hill AFB made the trip comfortable.
2 night trip May 10, 2013
The staff was great very helpful. They let my wife and I in the pool after hours because it had been boombarded by 12 year olds up till close, we thought that was great. breakfast was simple but tasty. We'll come again, deffinitly.
3 night family trip Apr 12, 2013
"Moving trip"
Very nice people who knows how to treat and take care of guests staying overnight. Also knows how to adapt in a friendly way to certain needs that may change the original reservations reserved.
1 night trip Mar 1, 2013
The hotel is much older than I had thought. Was upset that they did not have a dvd player in room or available to rent. Bed was uncomfortable. Shower head sprayed all over, making it impossible to take a quick shower without washing hair. And lastly, with 2 people staying in room it would have been nice to have 4 towels (one for night and one for morning per person). My husband decided to just reuse his wet one on the ground rather than hunt down a new one. However, was quiet and close to where we needed to be. If I had a do-over, I would have stayed at hotel across the street.
1 night trip Feb 15, 2013
one night stay
"Very friendly staff"
The hotel was conveniently located to the conference center, shopping, and eating. Although we didn't eat there, it looked like the hotel had some great selections for breakfast and dinner at very reasonable prices. Will stay here again if the need arises.
1 night trip Feb 1, 2013
"Horrible pool and spa"
The hotel was very clean and the staff was great. But the pool was freezing and the hottub was horrible. It was 93 degrees and we had to ask to have it turned up. The water was salty and burned our eyes and made us sick to our stomachs. The restaurant was just ok. Slow and the fruit had mold on it. Made me loose my appetite.
1 night trip Jan 12, 2013
Amber
"Stayed here for business several times"
This hotel was nice before but they renovated since I was there last and it's VERY nice now! Free parking, good breakfast, nice gym for a hotel. I'll continue to stay here.
1 night business trip Jan 6, 2013
Janelle
"Very Friendly Service!"
Upon our arrival we were greeted with a genuine welcome by the gentleman behind the counter. He was very friendly and made us feel welcome immediately. The hotel was very clean and comfortable. An excellent get away for my sweetheart and me on our 22nd anniversary.
1 night trip Dec 21, 2012
"Short stay in Layton"
I am very pleased with this hotel and will make this my stay in Layton from now on. The hotel is very clean, and close to everything. The room was huge.
Other trip Sep 18, 2012

1 night business trip Oct 26, 2014

TripAdvisor reviews for Courtyard by Marriott Salt Lake City Layton

"Not impressed."
07/26/15 Kim W
Staff was rude, would not allow for early check-in because we had a request for adjoining rooms. Reneged on an offer to call when a room was ready; we ended up on the third floor. The pools' pH balance is way off caused rashes. Kids who had the cereal got sick after said the milk tasted funny. And the elevator broke. Notified hotel, I wouldn't call them apologetic, for anything. Just a bad attitude everywhere. Not worth it and we even paid over their "normal nightly rate" for all that junk.
"Where's the Customer Service?"
07/10/15 jsriley63 Seattle, Washington
My daughter and I are traveling driving across the country from Seattle to Miami. I am Silver Elite and will be staying at all Marriott Brands. Our first stop in Boise, ID was a complete opposite experience. The Salt Lake City property has great rooms with stunning views, located in a good location. Unfortunately, customer service is inconsistent - from poor to clueless. After checking in, I went to the bar for a glass of wine and was eventually greeted by a clearly frustrated server. She really didn't have time to get me wine and said very few words during our interaction. She was not enjoying herself. The next morning, I went for coffee and asked for a cup of coffee in a mug, not a paper cup. Being from Seattle, much of our time is spent with paper cup in hand. When I know I am hanging out, I want a mug. That was not going to happen, and was looked at by the server like I was crazy, being completely unreasonable. While enjoying the paper and my mug-less cup of coffee, I watched two laundry staff dump a mini mountain of towels on dining room tables and begin to fold. Seriously? Then they started to talk loudly while folding towels. I would likely tolerate situations like the above at a mom and pop hotel off I-70, but not the Marriott Courtyard.
"Second Time here - Better, but still room to improve"
06/03/15 1DisneyFan1955 Parker, Colorado
Last July, my family and I stayed at this property while traveling and I had mentioned at the time that the rooms were in desperate need of a remodel. Recently, business travel brought me back to the area and I decided to give this property a second visit. The lobby and check in area looked great and the rooms were obviously remodeled like management said they would be in their response to my first post. The rooms are now a modern look with new furniture, paint, carpeting, etc. but looks like the A/C was still the old model, but it worked great just the same. I had an issue with the desk light which is now mounted under the T.V. wall unit, but maintenance replaced the fixture pretty quickly, so it wasn’t too much of an inconvenience, (I guess no remodel is without “bumps.” The issue with the windows being cloudy still exists and you can’t even look out the windows and see hardly anything and the elevator is still slow. Maybe I have really bad luck and got the same room that I did in July of last year, or maybe they are all that way, not really sure…maybe they are next to be replaced now that we are out of winter…I hope so. In any event, the room was clean, the bed was comfortable, the free internet was good and the complimentary bottle of water in the room was a very nice touch. The staff I met (desk clerk, maintenance, etc.) were all very friendly and made every attempt to make sure I had a good stay. Overall it was a very pleasant stay and I would most likely return and/or recommend.
"Rude customer service"
05/18/15 Cheryl C Montrose, Colorado
I had reserved this room approx. 2 months in advance, explaining my Mother needed a ground floor room because she is unable to do stairs (the elevators have gone out when we have stayed before). I reserved a room with 2 beds. When we checked in, I was informed there were no ground floor rooms, that it was based on availability, and we were put on the third floor. Isn't this why you make reservations?!! When I said I was concerned about getting down the stairs in an emergency, I was told there was a "suite" on the main floor. When we changed rooms, we found one bed in the room. When I went back to the desk, I was informed curtly by Kimberly there was a sofa bed in the room. Narrower than a twin bed, I had to make it up myself and it was the most uncomfortable piece of garbage I've ever slept on! My back and hips are still sore. Have stayed here before, but due to the rude customer service and crappy room, will never stay again!
"Awful!"
03/27/15 Denise W
First of all, let me say, this place was terrible. I swear the linens and towels did not smell clean. Pillows smelled terrible. Oh and on top of that, the toilet did not flush right. 5-8 flushes for a little poo?? No free coffee, no free tea, and no continental breakfast. I was not happy at all. My husband and I checked out the next day.
"Great experience"
01/09/15 Matt P
The hotel had a great atmosphere. The rooms were newly modernized. I loved the plugs/usb charging on each side of the beds. The first hotel that I have stayed in with such accommodations. The only low points was the 20 minute wait to check in because the desk clerk was away trying to find other staff members to take care of duties and a really poor shower head.
"Great location for eats"
11/18/14 Mike S Littleton, Colorado, United States
I stay here when visiting my son in Ogden. It is only 15 minutes away. There are tons of choices for places to eat around. There was a remodel goi g on but it did not affect my visit. The room was clean and comfortable and the lobby inviting. Overall a great place.
11/09/14 Darryl R
I booked a room online for $84 per night with the senior discount. When I checked out I was charged $118 per night. I asked why I didn't get the room for what I reserved it for online and was told it didn't apply. The sink was VERY slow draining and leaked. The room smelled of too much air freshener. Overall, a disappointment.
"One night was one too many"
09/11/14 JeannieChiliBeanie Denver, Colorado
I'm marriott loyal and not too picky. I would not stay here again. Even with updating this just isn't worthy of the brand. It is run by a third party management group and lacks the marriott quality or any sense of local ownership. Upon entering the lobby there is an overwhelming stench of cleaning chemicals and inappropriately loud lobby music. Then up to the room. Open the door and a new toxic odor of industrial carpet cleaner mixed with musty. Being a tired property is no excuse for the dingy feel or the overuse of cheap cleaning formulas. Seriously, it smells like a fabuloso factory in there. Light bulb missing here and there. Employees jabbering to each other behind the desk while customers wait.
"Comfortable, clean and decent stay."
09/08/14 KKBuddy Worcester, Massachusetts
We stayed just one night here. Price was more than reasonable. Interior and amenities were higher than average standard although probably not to be rated as very good, but at a price of 80$ per night it was a good deal so I rate it very good. We were quite pleased with the stay here and would select this hotel again if we need to stay in that area again.