All hotels in Gresham, Oregon, United States of America
1477 Ne 183rd Ave, Gresham, OR, 97230, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.6
    2.6
"In desperate need of updates!"
The staff was very helpful and pleasant but just can't overcome the problems with this hotel. It is in need a updating and maintenance. The room had peeling wall paper, bubbled painted on the ceiling from water leaks, stained carpet and bed cover with stains and cigarette holes. The housekeeping staff does a good job cleaning but can't deal with the obvious wear issues appropriately. The hotel is located in a slightly seedy area of Gresham, right off the highway.
3 night family trip Aug 6, 2015
Nadine
"Poor management"
It could be a decent hotel with right management, but it is far from it. Here are some examples: Cob webs on windows and in the room a spider was 'handing' out, stayed for 2 nights - asked to change towels and make up a bed - only new towels were brought in, leaving dirty towels in the room, did not make the bed - this is management's attitude infected employees. Breakfast is a typical motel type - as cheap as possible i.e. you can't really eat it. Pool area could be cleaner too. What a mess.
2 night family trip Aug 7, 2015
Inna
"Not worth the convenience."
I have stayed at this hotel several years ago with a very pleasant experience. I'm sorry to say that was not the case this time around. I was charged $20.00 to check in an hour early. There was a constant beeping at the front desk due to the alarm system malfunctioning apparently. The pool was cloudy and the pool room was very hot with out air conditioning. The hot tub was broken and the bathroom door in the pool room did not close properly due to warping. Ice machine was out of order. The facility appeared to be very shabby and repairs not done or done half way. The door lock on our room was broken, the lock would not latch and the manual guard piece was broken and had not been repaired. We did not notice this until we had left and returned. Thankfully nothing was stolen. When this was brought to the managers attention, we were offered another room that was secure. Breakfast was meager without any eggs, fresh fruit, yogurt or pastries. Overall I was disappointed in this hotel and will not be returning in the future.
Other trip Aug 10, 2015
T.
"Lies"
everything was alright. Didn't had toothpaste with me call and ask the front desk they didn't had any either. What kind of hotel who doesn't carry toothpaste?? The sign in the room said they would make your stay comfort just like home. Liar
1 night business trip Aug 4, 2015
Christina
"So so room for a fair price"
No frills. Comfortable bed. Continental breakfast was all carbs- a little fruit would have gone a long way!
1 night family trip Aug 5, 2015
Chrystal
Foods for breakfast so cheap!! Almost nothing to eat.
1 night family trip Aug 4, 2015
"Go Somewhere Else"
Rude staff that refused to work with Hotels.com for a mistake in ordering, completely dirty hotel room that should be condemned. Busted door, hard bed, terrible pillows. Please pick any other hotel than this, the king bed isn't worth the same price value as other hotels.
1 night romance trip Aug 4, 2015
Jacob
"Not impressed"
Hot tub wasn't working, beds were not comfortable at all, pillows were not good, breakfast was very basic; nothing to write home about. The staff were very friendly and accommodating which was the most pleasant part of the stay. Will not recommend to others!
2 night family trip Jul 29, 2015
"Guest House Hotel Gresham Oregon"
Nicest place I have stayed at in a long time. Excellent room and staff on all shifts. Would definitely stay again.
2 night romance trip Jul 28, 2015
timothy
"Would never stay here again"
Horrible overall. Hotel is very run down and incredibly dirty. Pool room had many holes in the wall, tiles falling off walls, hot tub was half full and moldy and not working with old caution tape around it. Room AC didnt work (I actually fixed it myself to at least get it half way working cause they didnt know how), flooring hasnt been cleaned in a long while, smelled of smoke, and the cushions on the small couch/hidabed were literally ripped open with exposed foam, which the staff just said well, thats what we have. Shower curtain half hanging out of wall, with tiles broken and missing. Food in the am was ok, but obviously not kept well, with things like half hardened biscuits and not enough food for everyone there. This is among the worst hotels I've ever stayed in, not worth it even if half the price.
2 night family trip Jul 18, 2015
Chad
Only thing I did not like is having the $50 refundable deposit taken out right away.
2 night family trip Jul 24, 2015
My Dad's car was broken into on the third & final night of our stay and the mgmt. told him not to bother contacting the police...odd...also, the video camera footage didn't show anything...again odd.
Response by GuestHouse Inn & Suites Portland
We are very sad to hear that this happened during your stay with us. We are working very hard with the community and local officers to clean up the crime around Portland. Our cameras look over a wide range of property so certain areas are more visible then others.
Other trip Jul 28, 2015
They lost our reservations. They did have a room available. The hotel had a musty smell and the room was old. This is the second Guesthouse we stayed at in the OR area, never again.
Response by GuestHouse Inn & Suites Portland
Thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. We are sorry for the problems you had with your reservation. We are working hard with our third party websites to ensure we are not over booking our hotel. We hope to better serve you in the future.
1 night family trip Jul 25, 2015
shelli
"Easy visit"
The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. I am confused as to why this hotel does not have a higher review.
Response by GuestHouse Inn & Suites Portland
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent stay. We hope to serve you again in the near future. -Front Desk
1 night romance trip Jul 25, 2015
Brandon
"Cheap hotel, poor location, terrible upkeep."
We were greeted by a hot lobby and uncomfortable wait at the desk. While hotel employees sat around chatting, telling us "he'll be right with you" we waited behind other guests trying to check in. If the lobby was air-conditioned, you couldn't tell. The only good thing about this hotel was Damien, the guy at the desk. Under adverse conditions, he was polite, friendly, and doing his best to surreptitiously wipe the sweat from his brow and keep papers from being blown off the desk by a fan. The hotel was in varying, sometimes shocking degrees of disrepair. Towel bars hung crooked because of holes in the wall, curtains were torn, sheets were so thin I literally thought they had holes since I could see the mattress pattern underneath so clearly. The bathroom fan didn't work (no switch for it, even), so it would get overly steamy, which was causing the wallpaper to peel and the door frame to rust. The rounded shower curtain rod was hung incorrectly so the curtain would slide to the center of the bar, leaving water to spray out of the shower and no way to stop it. A picture with bent corners was bizarrely hung on a wall against the ceiling in a hallway in an obvious attempt to cover damage to the wall behind it. The breakfast was toast, muffins, waffles, and greasy sausage and biscuits. Not much to choose from if you like to eat healthy. The carpet and floor mat in the breakfast room were both in absolute tatters with stains and holes. Not very appetizing.
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
Tammie
"Charge for Bedding"
There were three of us staying at the hotel, so we made sure to book a room with a King and sleeper couch to provide adequate sleeping space. Upon checking into the hotel, we were informed there was a $20 fee for BEDDING. We requested to see a company policy requiring this and were quickly brushed off. On the website, it does say there is a $20 charge for roll away beds, but nothing about the sleeper couches yet we were still forced to pay the fee. They also require a $50 deposit for "damages" that could occur during the stay. Apparently they do not use the money for repairing said damages because there was a large hole in the bathroom door, as well as the wall. I am hopeful they do not accuse us of causing these damages and charging more money. Customer service was unacceptable, and management was quite rude. When inquiring on the additional fees she made a short statement, turned around, and walked away without any discussion. Sketchy neighborhood. We returned after a night out on the town and there was a gaggle of people standing around the parking lot for no apparent reason... at 3 am! The only positive thing about the experience was that we had a room with a view. Into someones back yard full of children and a bouncy house. At least they were having a good time.
1 night trip with friends Jul 25, 2015
Hotels.com overbooked the hotel so they had to give me a room with no air conditioning. This was not the hotels fault as they had told Hotels.com several times not to overbook them.
1 night business trip Jul 21, 2015
The staff are rude and the rooms are in disrepair. I would not stay here ever again. Not worth the 168 dollars a night
Other trip Jul 24, 2015
"Greedy management !"
We chosen this hotel because they advertise hotel&Suites. I asked a sheets and blanket for pull out bed, they ask me to pay $20 for that pull out bed to use. We came in 13:00 to check in, then they ask me to pay early check in for another $20. That kind of management people ruin our vacation.
2 night family trip Jul 17, 2015
KENJI
"Overpriced for what it is"
Paid $150 a night so I was expecting something a little above average. Staying on the 4th floor. Ants crawling on the window sill. Remote didn't work. Shower curtain rod wasn't secured to the wall at the top and caused the curtain to fall to the middle from both ends. Towels weren't very soft. No alarm clock in the room. Room was clean though. Carpet was in good condition in the room and the hall. Not the best neighborhood but parking was ample and well lit. Staff was very friendly and helpful.
2 night business trip Jul 14, 2015
"Dont stay"
Hotel was very dirty and outdated. I would not recommend this hotel to an enemy. Stay were not the best, can tell it was family owned. What appeared to be staff with no uniforms or.identifiers and were playing games and on phones. Maybe they could pick up all the garbage surrounding the hotel.
Other trip Jul 19, 2015
do not book
"Needs serious upgrade"
We got there about 8 pm. At 830, I couldn't believe how dirty the room was. It looked like it hadn't been swept. There was a large hair in the shower and the air conditioner wasn't working well. I also noticed that the toilet kept plugging. I went down and asked for manager to check my room. He was very nice and switched rooms for us. While I was down there another person was complaining that the toilet was plugging (same floor). I've stayed in a couple of bad places, but this on tops them all. Did I fail to mention the hallway reeked of marijuana?
Other trip Jul 14, 2015
Sickleave
"Over priced and dirty"
My daughter and I had originally booked the room for the weekend, but after getting there we only took the night. The room had cigarette burns all over the place and it was anon smoking room. It was missing some of the curtains the carpet was filthy .we pay to much for this hotel. We will never stay here ever again.
3 night family trip May 23, 2015
A good place for the budget conscious traveler. Staff is good and the room was clean
lyle
"Huge lack of cleanliness!"
I was looking for a cheap place to spend the night so my standards were pretty low; however, it still managed to disappoint us. Quite frankly I was appalled at how dirty it was. The blankets had crusty stains on them and when we complained to management, we were given "fresh" blankets that were in the same condition. There was some kind of black gunk on the toilet seat and the bathroom floor was very visibly dirty. Just by the condition of everything, I was expecting bedbugs but luckily I didn't see any evidence of bedbugs, just dead spiders scattered in the room. The pool filtration either wasn't working or wasn't turned on because there was a film on the water, things floating on the surface, and it was a weird greenish color. There didn't seem to be any current or flow through the water; it was very stagnant. There was a kiddy pool or spa in the corner that was roped off with yellow caution tape that had fallen down. Needless to say, we didn't go swimming. The free breakfast didn't seem too bad but I was afraid to try it considering the cleanliness of the rest of the hotel. The waffle iron and batter was a mess but everything else looked okay.
Sandra
"Do not stay"
The hotel is in some serious need of repair and updating. The pool area was very dirty, there was exposed wires in the ceiling and the hot tub was out of order and looked like it had been for a long time. The room was a good size but was not ready when I checked in. The bathroom wall paper was falling of and there was water damage on the ceiling. The grounds of the hotel were so so so nasty. Maybe the "employee" playing solitaire could have used the time to go pick up the grounds. The breakfast was good but no coffee creamer and could use more wafflle makers. For what I paid I expected alot more. WOULD NOT STAY AGAIN EVEN IF IT WAS $50 LESS.
do not book
Room was dirty when we got there and the toilet got plugged. Facility really needs an update. Carpet was very stained. Staff was nice about getting us a different room and a subject was also there because his toilet was also plugged on same floor. The continental breakfast was nothing to right home about. Did I fail to mention the smell of marijuana in the hallway? Forgot it's legal now :)
Other trip Jul 12, 2015
Sickleave
"Tired, cost a bit much"
Stay was ok. Things looked a little worn and tired. Felt that for what it cost, room would have been a bit nicer and up-to-date.
1 night romance trip Jun 29, 2015
"Outside nicer than inside"
After we checked in, we were given keycards to a room that was already occupied and there were dirty towels and unmade beds everywhere. When we went back to tell the front desk, they gave us a room upstairs which had a huge X carved into the door. It was scary. Everything needed paint and repair but the a/c worked fine. Staff seemed friendly, and gave us some suggestions for places to visit.
Other trip Jul 1, 2015
"Worst location for hotels in this area."
The room was clean and beds were not bad. That is the good. The breakfast was biscuits and gravy that were cold. There is one waffle machine for the whole breakfast area and it took 20 minutes to get to the front of that line, no yogurt, a couple bananas, and a toaster. The lobby and breakfast area are very dirty. Despite waiting in line for the waffle, the owner came in the breakfast room and told us to leave since breakfast was over at 9 and the staff put things away. The outside of the hotel is OK, not well kept up and in a terrible area. We were worried about our car outside at night. To be fair, nothing happened.
Other trip Jun 29, 2015
"Close enough to airport for early am flight."
24/7 staff was very helpful. Room was clean big and offered several amenities including office area. 24/7 helpful staff was greatly appreciated as we had to be at the airport at 5am. Hot tub wasn't working and pool was cold...so weren't able to use those.
Other trip Jun 24, 2015
suzanne
"Last resort"
Pricy for poor customer service. Had to wait 20 minutes to check in. Hot tub was out of order. Room was fair. Some work needed to be done in the room. Ants in the bathroom.
1 night romance trip Jun 13, 2015
"Inexpensive and it shows."
Checked in at 3 pm and room hadn't been cleaned. Gave me another room that was cleaned but the times I had to ask the desk staff a question, I had to interrupt a personal call they were on. Cable tv but a number of channels didn't work.
Other trip Jun 13, 2015
"Super cheap, falling apart, but friendly"
The first room we were in was dirty; wallpaper was peeling; and, really the only objection we had due to my wife's asthma, smelled strongly of cigarette smoke. We asked for a different room, and they were very accommodating and friendly about the whole situation. The next room was also not in the best shape (damaged furniture and peeling wallpaper), but that was okay with us, as we weren't looking for or expecting high quality.
Other trip Jun 11, 2015
"Not bad if you not looking for pool/hot tub"
The hot tub was cold and falling apart! U can easily peel the tiles from the bottom and sides! But was an okay place to just stay one night. Good breakfast.. sausage links and waffles. The entire pool needs updated badly.
1 night trip May 30, 2015
"Awful place not recommended"
Staff rude and unprofessional. Room had ants ceiling was falling wallpaper was coming off walls and stains all over floor! Charged us for service animals!
Other trip Jun 4, 2015
melissa
"STAY AWAY"
it was terrible I didn't get any room service I had to clean myself and also no TV channels were available the neighborhood was very scary I do not recommend this stay
1 night trip May 26, 2015
"Not allowing service dogs"
Manager was awful! Desk clerk horrible! Charged us $150. For service animals even though federal law says they CANNOT! Was suppose to return calls and did not they did not take the charges off after we left and did not follow up. Hotel room had ants, ceing falling in, wallpaper coming off walls, Icky white stuff staining carpet all over room, carpet patched! NEVER WILL STAY HERE AGAIN!
Other trip May 31, 2015
melissa
"Infection"
Absolutely horrible, they have bugs in the bad, so uncleanliness
1 night family trip May 26, 2015
Vitaliy
"Skip this place"
The hotel was ok for the $54 I paid on hotels.com but it was clearly old and in need of some serious updating and repairs. The latch lock was broken on both of our rooms. The door still locked but it looked as though they were pried off from the outside like someone was trying to bust into the room. The wallpaper was cut and peeling from the wall and the bathroom door had a huge hole in it like someone had to bust it in with a foot. It makes me think some scandalous stuff has happened in these rooms. Had we been staying for more than one night we would've left. The front desk staff was nice but not professionally dressed at all. Two guys wearing muscle shirts with no identification that they worked there were at the front desk. The key to one of our rooms wouldn't work so, after going downstairs several times to address it, they just moved us to another room. We skipped the continental breakfast because the place didn't seem clean enough to eat food from there. I would not stay there again.
1 night romance trip May 26, 2015
"9000 mile trip"
This hotel had a lot of things that needed to be fixed. There was 1 dryer working out of 3, the ice machine down stairs was out of order, the hot tub wasn't working and the elevator was out of order 1 morning. The room was fine except that about every time we left, the key wouldn't work when we came back. One of the personnel tried to blame it on being close to our cell phones, so after the first time we were very careful to keep them separate but it didn't help. Most of the personnel were very helpful except one lady, she spent a lot of time on her own cell phone and didn't have a very good attitude. I guess she didn't want to be bothered. I was not impressed for the most part, so we made sure we didn't stay in another GuestHouse for the rest of the trip.
1 night romance trip Apr 11, 2015
kenneth
"In need of help"
Definitely not a hotel I would return to. The room was very dirty feeling, we could see an old toothbrush that was stuck in the sink drain, wallpaper peeling off the walls in the bathroom, stains on the carpet, and TV looked original to the building. Only positives, staff was friendly and there was decent water pressure in the shower.
Other trip May 15, 2015
"Nice hotel away from downtown"
Initial staff was short with us, but the rest was great. Pool and hot tub were nice but in need of cleaning. Quiet area and close to public transportation.
Other trip May 11, 2015
Tiffany
"Nice place for a last minute stay"
Looked all over for rooms, everything was booked. Lucky i found this little gem. Great service, great price, this may be my first choice on my next trip to Oregon.
Response by GuestHouse Inn & Suites Portland
We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you in the near future. Thank you so much for staying with us.
1 night business trip Apr 15, 2015
"Chose a different hotel, you wont be happy here."
Me and my daughter stayed in this hotel for one night. First thing was check in was awful. It took us 30-40 mins to check in as they were having issues with accepting Hotels.com reservation. Also tried to make me pay 27.00 more than what I paid in full for the room on hotels.com. Right when you walk into the room you notice the smell of stale cigarettes. We tried to switch rooms, but there went any left. We opened a the window, btw no screens on any of the windows. It was hot so we turned on the AC- that didn't work- kept turning off and then you had to turn it back on every 15 mins or so. Also called front desk to ask for a fan- they didn't have any nor someone to fix the AC. Microwave didn't rotate. The pool was gross and had flakes of scum floating in the water. It was pale green :( The room states it has HBO and many other channels, but no good channels for kids and the TV was blurry and staticy. I was very upset and will not be staying at another GuestHouse Hotels in the future. They did have a great free breakfast. juices, biscuits and gravy, waffles, cereal, milk, creamer, cream cheese, bagels, toast, butter and of course coffee.
1 night family trip May 1, 2015
Brittany
"high class flop house felt like"
There was partying going on and people in and out all night little freaky. Then week later and im still waiting for my deposit to be reimbursed to my credit card.
1 night family trip Apr 23, 2015
Jacqueline
"hotel needs to review their rooms"
Stains on the bedspread,not vacuumed thoughrly, coffee pot leaked,microwaved smelled of burnt food, shelf that divides the couch from the bed was loose and housekeeping had the hammer the top back in place, turntable in the microwave didn,t turn!!
2 night family trip Apr 23, 2015
"I would stay there again."
Pretty good for the price. Had to ask for more towels and toilet paper, maid service didn't come the whole 3 day stay.
3 night trip with friends Apr 22, 2015
Alicia
"Two star"s and a half..............."
Special thank"s to Kristina and Won who were very helpful on our stay! The hotel was in a bad surrounding lot"s of homeless people sad really the outside ground"s were not well kept. other than that the place was in need of some work on the outside.as for everything else the room 's were clean and the personnel were friendly and always had a smile on there face"s................
3 night business trip Apr 22, 2015
Very pleased with this stay. The hotel was what I expect for a two-star hotel. Clean rooms, friendly staff, great accommodations.
2 night romance trip Apr 18, 2015