All hotels in London, England, United Kingdom
12 Lancaster GateLondonEnglandW2 3LGUnited Kingdom, ‏‎866-925-8648

• Value for money
    Fairly good value for money
    Room is not nice
    Uncomfortable
"Wonderful surprise! Clean, comfortable, quiet!"
I was very pleased. I'm usually a Marriott or Hilton kind of guy and I have to admit that I was a little worried about staying at a Best Western. I couldn't have been more wrong. The only negative was the room was small - but then most hotel room in London are. The bed was very comfortable, the room/bed/bathroom was immaculately clean. The hotel had a very professional, new, clean feel to it. My favorite part? The towels were thick, fluffy and like home! Not the usually super-thin-stink-of-bleach kind of hotel towels. I would stay here again and AGAIN! Excellent!! A+
Other trip Feb 25, 2014
"Good location- close to Paddington stn"
Had a nice stay - was able to check in early at 11am , instead of waiting till official check-in time of 2pm. Thoughtful staff made me comfortable.
Expedia
2 night trip Feb 9, 2014
"Great Place to Stay"
The room was small but I was not moving to London. I was just visiting London so it was perfect. The walls were a little thin but after all of the walking around and drinking.....you should be able to sleep through a hurricane. You should wake up early and take a walk in the park. It is very beautiful. The Hyde Park/Kensington Area is very safe and relaxing. If you head down to Queensway there are plenty of stores and restaurants if you don't want to go far from the hotel. Plus, there's a bowling alley and ice-skating rink on Queensway too. Lancaster Gate tube station is close to everything. Yeah, I am gushing over this place a little because I enjoyed myself.
Response by Best Western Mornington Hotel
Thank you very for taking the time to share your experience with us. We review the feedback that we get on a daily basis so that we can make the changes that matter to our guests and continually improve our offering I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. If I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me. I look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in London.
Other trip Jan 22, 2014
"Business Travel"
Good location, staff was friendly, room was clean but very small. And you can hear the people above you. Overall I would go back, but only for short trips like 2 to 3 nights.
Other trip Jan 16, 2014
About 10 minutes walk from Paddington Station. Compact room. Wifi connection was not good. A bit overpriced.
Expedia
Other trip Jan 6, 2014
"Nice hotel for Lancaster Gate Area"
It was a good hotel. Rooms were updated, wifi not consistent. Staff was nice. Location is ok. Across from park and short walking distance to tub station. Would consider staying here again if price was right. Prefer Club Quarters chain for location/room size/value.
2 night trip Dec 31, 2013
JCP
"excellent, modern hotel"
nice staff, comfortable room and lobby. the area around Paddington is not especially exciting but it's very convenient and if you don't like the restaurants in the area you can quickly get anywhere in London on the central line (3 minute walk) or Paddington station (6 minutes)
Response by Best Western Mornington Hotel
Dear Guest, Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience, We value all of the feedback and comments that we get as it helps us to learn where we need to improve. We look forward to welcoming you when you are next in London If I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us Yours sincerely
3 night business trip Dec 17, 2013
"Convenient location and friendly stuff"
Great location close to Hyde Park and subway station. Convenient to visit everywhere in London, but still very quiet. Stuff were very friendly and helpful.
3 night romance trip Dec 6, 2013
TK
"worth no longer than one night"
Tiny room, no WiFi internet available during my stay, chaotic breakfast with lacking service, ....
1 night business trip Nov 19, 2013
Dirk
"Great Service + Great Location"
In one word: Great!
1 night business trip Nov 13, 2013
Eli
"Bad hotel in a great location"
Location is great. Close to paddington station and lancaster gate tube station. Hotel first impression is good. Nice lobby, nice staff. The problem is when you get to your room: Looks old, VERY noisy (thin walls), VERY small rooms.
Other trip Nov 7, 2013
Ruben
"Overpriced for low quality"
I initially was place in a room in the basement. I could hear people walking on the street and the toilets were running constantly. The free internet which was a major plus for this hotel was not available underground. If I had remained in the room, it would be 1/5. Fortunately, they move me to another room. This room on the first floor was nicer but still small. The view of the room was I construction.
Response by Best Western Mornington Hotel
Dear Shah Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your comments as it helps us in improving the service that we can give our future guests. I have noted your comments about the size and layout of the rooms. As we are a 200 year old property every room is unique in its layout and size. Some are certainly larger or have more usable space. We try where possible to allocate room to meet everyones needs however if we get it wrong we are always happy to change it where possible. Also, I have noted your comments about the internet. We are continuing to survey our internet service to identify any points where it is not sufficient. Once again thank you for your feedback. I look forward to welcoming you when you are next in London If I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me. Best regards, Jurate Ramanciuckaite Front Office Manager
1 night trip with friends Oct 12, 2013
"some good, some bad"
location was great...bed was nice...tv station selection was good...breakfast food was good...water pressure was great. Now the bad...room was very small..no desk or counter or usable surface, had to use my ironing board as a table . shower was 2 ft ,by 2 ft...small, uncomfortable...breakfast cost was VERY expensive... Location was great, staff was great, but room was just about claustrophobic.... ,,
Response by Best Western Mornington Hotel
Dear Mr Mike Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your comments and feel very proud that the team at the Best Western Mornington Hotel were able to meet your expectations. I have noted your comments about the room size . In our hotel all rooms have different sizes. I would like to welcome you back and to make sure you get the room you are expecting. Best regards, Jurate Ramanciuckaite Front Office Manager
3 night trip Sep 19, 2013
"Convenient to Hyde Park/Kensington but...."
Very disappointed. The rooms were small and the hallways were labyrinths with multiple doors and stairways to negotiate (and drag your luggage through). Staff was slow mainly because the reception area was so small. First room did not have a mini-fridge. When we requested a bigger room (the first room was too small for a single guest, let alone a couple) the hotel complied but the mini-fridge in that room wouldn't cool down. Noise abatement is poor - too much street noise intruding into the room.
Other trip Sep 23, 2013
Sleepy
"Nice hotel/poor breakfast buffet"
Room 216 was quite nice, up to date and nice bathroom. Breakfast buffet, food was cold and not an overly attractive selection. Front desk staff was very helpful.
Response by Best Western Mornington Hotel
Dear Walnut Creek I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We appreciate your comments and feel very proud that the team at Best Western Mornington Hotel were able to meet you expectations and that you loved the hotel. I have shared your valued feedback with my colleagues. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Best regards, Jurate Ramanciuckaite Front Office Manager
2 night trip Sep 11, 2013
"Great location, nice facilities"
Loved convenience to Paddington and the tube. Gardens and resturants are clos at hand. Safe neighborhood. Rooms and public spaces attractive and well appointed. We had a very small room,adequate to our need. Most will want to upgrade for a bit more space.
Response by Best Western Mornington Hotel
Dear Jim I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We appreciate your comments and feel very proud that the team at Best Western Mornington Hotel were able to meet you expectations and that you loved the hotel. I have shared your valued feedback with my colleagues. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Best regards, Jurate Ramanciuckaite Front Office Manager
4 night family trip Sep 8, 2013
Jim D
"Disappointing aspects of the B W Mornington"
Having stayed at Best Westerns frequently in the U.S. and in Europe, we were quite surprised to learn upon arrival that breakfast was not included in the price (rather high) we were paying for the small room. Even worse, there was no difference in price between the Continental breakfast and the Full English (buffet). Also the price, over 12 pounds sterling, was almost twice that charged for "Full English breakfast" at nearby restaurants and even nearby hotels. We realize that this B W is privately owned so perhaps there is no corporation-wide rule about this, but perhaps there should be. Also, the housekeeping was not very alert. We had to ask twice (different days) for hand towels as only one was provided for the two of us.
Response by Best Western Mornington Hotel
Dear Guest, Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your comments as it helps us in improving the service that we can give our future guests. I have noted you comments about the breakfast price. We are looking into it already. Also, I have noted your comments about the room size. All of our rooms are unique and with different the size from 11 square meters to 17 square meters with an average of 14 square meters. I would like to suggest next time to book a twin room which is slightly bigger than a double and the price is the same. In a twin room we can zip the beds, so instated of double you could have a king size. I can assure you that all points about the breakfast and housekeeping service have been shared with respective departments to ensure that such incidents do not happen in the future. Once again thank you for your feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in London. Best Regards, Jurate Ramanciuckaite Front Office Manager
5 night family trip Aug 31, 2013
"okay, but"
Internet didn't work half the time and staff pretty laid back about it all. Asked for a taxi to airport, they sent a limo at 2X cost.
Other trip Sep 5, 2013
dave
"Hot Showers!"
I got here after a long long flight, so I was so happy. The single room was smaller than I expected, but I remember that it is central London, so that wasn't as surprising. It was very modern and chic. I enjoyed it a lot! The bed was not the most comfortable, but I have found that most European beds are not. I hopped in the shower and the water was SCALDING. I couldn't figure out how to get it colder (Im not daft). The temperature gague was sort of stuck, so to turn it down just a bit, I had to really put some effort into it. Im more of a above luke warm shower taker, so that was slightly painful. Other than that it was great. The staff was friendly and all. PS: Do NOT get in a Cab that is not marked "Taxi" on the roof... I did and thought I was going to get murdered. It was scary...
Other trip Sep 3, 2013
"Small rooms - Great location"
AC broke down and was not working the 3rd and 4th days of our stay. Rooms on the upper floors were hot. Had to sleep with windows open and thus the street noise and exterior lights made sleep difficult. Hotel did give us a fan to use which helped. Hotel mgr gave us a $75 credit toward our bill. Small rooms but good location near local pubs, restaurants, Hyde Park and tube stations.
Response by Best Western Mornington Hotel
Dear Mr Duffy Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your comments as it helps us in improving the service that we can give our future guests. I have noted you comments about the AC. I understand that we did not meet your expectations . I would like to extend my apologies for this. Un fortunately regardless of the preventative measures we take, our plant and machinery will break down. In this case our Air Conditioning malfunctioned on the 4th of and 5th floors. Once again thank you for your feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in London. Best Regards, Jurate Ramanciuckaite Front Office Manager
4 night trip Aug 16, 2013
"Nice little hotel in a great location."
The Best Western Mornington was a nice little hotel in a great location. Close to the tube and Hyde Park. Apparently all the rooms in the UK are very small, but this hotel had everything you'd need. The front desk was helpful and everything was clean. It was the cheapest hotel in the area and for the price I recommend it.
Response by Best Western Mornington Hotel
Dear Mr John I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We appreciate your comments and feel very proud that the team at Best Western Mornington Hotel were able to meet you expectations and that you loved the hotel. I have shared your valued feedback with my colleagues. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Best regards, Jurate Ramanciuckaite Front Office Manager
1 night romance trip Jul 26, 2013
"ok if on a budget."
The room was really small. About the size of a large walk-in closet. Room smelled of strong cologne when I walked in and had to open window and door for couple hours to vent out. It's clean, but I think I will pay the extra and stay at a nicer hotel next time. Single rooms are just too small for my taste. It was damp, smelly of wet laundry, and the bed was very small. Wifi connection was good and tv was nice.
Other trip Jul 10, 2013
jennifer
"Fine, not great"
Hotel interior was fine. Seemed to have a recent remodel. Have to ignore ext. still rough. We had a large room I'm the basement. Unfortunate location. Next to breakfast room (noisy) and next to a pub out back that is CRAZY loud when changing kegs in the am. Would have liked to see other rooms. May have been a different experience.
4 night trip Jul 2, 2013
"Jumping off"
That last night before taking on London Heathrow is always an absolute pain. Get up at 3 a.m. to get there in time for the 0930 to NY, or wherever you might be going? The answer is usually good grief No. Stay instead at one of the airport hotels which are all capacious, convenient, full of people just like you and utterly boring. Well since the superfast connection from London Paddington station started working reliably that is all a thing of the past. The Mornington may be located in the heart of London, right on Hyde Park, but it is also just 30 minutes from Heathrow. So now, for a price, there is a realistic alternative on a trip to the UK or on your way elsewhere. You can dump your and do your thing in London before leaving the next morning. The hotel is quiet, with efficient and courteous staff, and if you eat breakfast probably adequate. The rooms are predictably small, this is not somewhere you would want to stay for more than at most two nights, but the fittings are modern, the overall cleanliness good. The cost was appreciably higher than the rates you would have to pay at the airport, this is not for the budget conscious. The advantage, as I said is that you are in the heart of one of the greatest cities in the world for a few hours before you head off into the blue. Getting to the airport is a ten minute walk to the station and a 15 minute train journey to Heathrow. Trains go every 15 minutes. Ticket prices are reasonable.
Response by Best Western Mornington Hotel
Dear IW, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We appreciate your comments and feel very proud that the team at Best Western Mornington Hotel were able to meet you expectations and that you loved the hotel. I have shared your valued feedback with my colleagues. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Best regards, Jurate Ramanciuckaite Front Office Manager
1 night business trip Jun 27, 2013
"Close to Hyde Park"
The photo on the website showed a nice cafe area in front of the hotel leading me to beieve this was part of it. In actuality I saw no such thing. IN fact the whole half of the hotel was undergoing some renovation so from the front it looked closed. After finding the front entrance I was warmly greeted byt the front desk staff. I didn't ask about the seating area I saw online as I surmised it was part of the renovation. My room clean and perfect for one person, two would have been crowded. Good location.
2 night trip Jun 5, 2013
"Very good location, pleasant breakfast and staff"
Fast check in/out, disappointed on room bearly any space to turn around with double bed, never book double bed room again. Hotel staffs are pleasant, but people smoke at bar. Lobby is very small, right next to Bar.
Response by Best Western Mornington Hotel
Dear Master Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us . I appreciate all the feedback that we get from tripadvisor as it helps us to improve the service that we offer. I have noted your comments about the size and layout of the rooms. As we are a 200 year old property every room is unique in its layout and size. Some are certainly larger or have more usable space. We try where possible to allocate room to meet everyones needs however if we get it wrong we are always happy to change it where possible. Also, I would like to mention that our hotel is non-smoking, so the bar area, the same as rooms, are non-smoking. Once again thank you for your feedback. I look forward to welcoming you when you are next in London If I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me. Best Regards, Jurate Ramanciuckaite Front Office Manager
Other trip Jun 26, 2013
Master J
"Compact lodgings near Hyde Park"
Hotel was clean, but small. (Not a surprise for London). We had a room with one double and a pull out bed for our son. Bed was comfortable. HVAC was controllable, so temperature was comfortable. Our view was terrible, but we weren't there to look out the window. The elevator was slow, but we found the stairs so no problems there. Towel warmer in the bath, but only a shower stall, no tub. Good water pressure, bathroom seemed to have been updated recently. Not a lot of clothing storage (small wardrobe, no drawers). Internet access was fine. Staff was friendly. Several restaurants and a cafe in the area. Good access to Lancaster Gate and Paddington Tube stations. Overall we were happy and would stay there again.
Response by Best Western Mornington Hotel
Dear Ms Sara I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We appreciate your comments and feel very proud that the team at Best Western Mornington Hotel were able to meet you expectations and that you loved the hotel. I have shared your valued feedback with my colleagues. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Best regards, Jurate Ramanciuckaite Front Office Manager
4 night family trip Jun 11, 2013
Sarra
"Great room in a great location"
Very friendly staff, great location near Hyde Park and metro, as well as walking distance to Paddington Station to catch the Heathrow Express. Great room, quiet street - highly recommend this hotel.
Response by Best Western Mornington Hotel
Dear Mr John W I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We appreciate your comments and feel very proud that the team at Best Western Mornington Hotel were able to meet you expectations and that you loved the hotel. I have shared your valued feedback with my colleagues. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Best regards, Jurate Ramanciuckaite Front Office Manager
1 night trip Jun 18, 2013
John W
"Good Hotel close to Lancaster Gate"
This hotel is across the street from Kensington Garden and walking distance to Royal Albert Hall and museums. Also next to decent pubs and restaurants.
Other trip Jun 20, 2013
Martin
"Better than expected"
We needed a reasonably priced hotel with a meeting room. Room was clean; the bath is modern. Bed is very comfortable. The desk is small but manageable. Wi-fi was down when we arrived but was fixed the next morning and worked well the rest of the time. Meeting room is well-equipped and included tea and coffee breaks. Location is excellent. We were able to take short breaks and walk around Kensington Gardens. Would definitely recommend.
Response by Best Western Mornington Hotel
Dear Lindsay Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your comments and feel very proud that the team at The Best Western Mornington Hotel were able to meet you expectations and that you loved the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back at the Best Western Mornington Hotel . Kind Regards, Jurate Ramanciuckaite Front Office Manager
4 night business trip Jun 6, 2013
"A Small Hotel room and Hallway."
Our room was tiny. We were on the first floor. Hallway so narrow you couldn't pass another person. If all you want is a bed and bathroom it would be okay. Not some place you want to go back to to relax. The Lancaster tube was close. That is why we booked the Hotel initially. I would book else where and take a Taxi. The Staff were nice and helpful. The Breakfast was good. This is the first Best Western we have stayed in besides the ones in the USA. We expected the same quality which it was not.
Response by Best Western Mornington Hotel
Dear Ms Rosa Thank you very for taking the time to share your experience with us . I appreciate all the feedback that we get as it helps me to improve the experience for future guests I am delighted that the team were able to meet your expectations. I have noted your comment about the room size. As a refurbished building all of our rooms are unique and there are some with better lay outs than others. We try and match this up s best as possible however we are not always able to do this. If you let us know we are more than happy to move rooms for people if we have the availability I look forward to welcoming you when you are next in London If I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me Best Regards, Jurate Ramanciuckaite Front Office Manager
Other trip May 26, 2013
Rosa I love to
"Decent hotel comparatively speaking"
After searching for a decent, moderately priced hotel in London I was satisfied with the Best Western Mornington. Although the room i was given was the size of a shoebox, the staff accommodated moving me to larger room after I had unpacked already. I would have stayed at that point but the room was THAT small I decided to repack and move. The staff was friendly enough but definitely could use some lessons in hospitality.
Response by Best Western Mornington Hotel
Dear Ms Danielle I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your comments on expedia customer reviews. We appreciate your comments as it helps us in proving service. I have noted your comments about the room size and staff . I am delighted that staff were able to change the room and to accommodate you in the bigger room. I have shared your valued feedback with my colleagues. I would like to welcome you back and to make sure you get the room you are expecting. Best Regards, Jurate Ramanciuckaite Front Office Manager
Other trip May 7, 2013
danielle

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Super hotel in a great location!"
The breakfast was amazing and the staff were really friendly and helpful, all in all a great stay!
2 night family trip Feb 18, 2016
Christopher
"Noisy Room - from ventilation ducts right outside"
Room was fine, unfortunately it looked out onto a quad of brick walls and ventilation ducts running up from the basement kitchens to the roof - that was fine until around 5am when the kitchen started up and the ventilation ducts came to life. I'm quite a heavy sleeper and it takes a lot to wake me up - the noise from these ducts certainly was loud enough to wake me - no chance of getting back to sleep. Other rooms looked out onto street so I'm sure they would be fine.
1 night business trip Jan 27, 2016
Finlay
Hotel is difficult with luggage, each floor has stairs after lift, and no automatic doors.
3 night trip Jan 4, 2016
Danielle
A relaxed and enjoyable stay, staff were polite and helpful and always smiled and were helpful. The room was adequate for a 1 person business trip and central to the places I needed to get to. There isn't much in the form of convenience stores or cheap eats but local take always will deliver to your room!
5 night business trip Jan 3, 2016
Clare
"Good value for money"
Good value for money. Double room was more spacious than other similarly priced London hotels. Staff were friendly and helpful
2 night business trip Dec 14, 2015
"4 star one night stay."
One night stay near to Hyde park's Lancaster Gate in a quiet location. Nice, quiet bar open 24 hours and great choice of breakfast. Just minutes away from Lancaster Gate's underground station within walking distance.
1 night trip Nov 1, 2015
"Central hotel with a friendly feeling"
Stayed for a total of 9 nights - would certainly stay there again. Very central position, reasonable price, clean, friendly, helpful staff. No complaints at all.
Other trip Sep 25, 2015
Opal
"Perfect Hotel for Hyde Park Concert"
We chose the hotel because of its proximity to Hyde Park and it really was just metres away in a lovely neighbourhood.Inside hotel was very tastefully decorated and in good condition. Reception staff were friendly and efficient, very speedy check in.Rooms spacious and clean,nice decor, bed was comfortable, bathroom was spotless. Small niggle -we had room with a view of a brick wall with what was possibly two giant vent or heating pipes running up it. The room was extremely warm even after turning down the heating and couldnt open the window because of the noise coming from fan? So if you want a room with a view make sure you ask when you book. Enjoyed a drink in the bar before going out and prices were reasonable.Staff in breakfast room were excellent, very efficient, enjoyed a lovely cooked breakfast which set us up for the day, plenty to choose from and again reasonable price.Would definately recommend this hotel. Perfect for Hyde Park Concert.
2 night romance trip Sep 12, 2015
Joanne
"Would stay here again!"
Very, very close (2 min walk) to the Lancaster tube station on the Central line. Extremely convenient to get to central London from the hotel.
Other trip Sep 2, 2015
S
"My stay"
The room was great, but the downside was I could hear next door quite clearly. Not that they were making continuous noises but when they spoke, I could hear. But overall it was a great stay and I would definitely return.
1 night trip Aug 21, 2015
cuthbert
Its very bad hotel no anything good .
7 night trip with friends Aug 2, 2015
Sattam
convenient in a good neighborhood near to underground station and not too far from Paddington station. Great breakfast-(they need an electric juice press)
7 night romance trip Jul 30, 2015
IL
"3 nights in London"
This is my first time to London for sightseeing and stayed in Best Western Mornington for 3 nights- a small single room but served it's purpose, got all I wanted. Staff were extremely helpful and friendly. Breakfast was great also !
3 night trip Aug 2, 2015
Lucia
"Bit like of a college dorm"
Hotel is ok, but the room was very small and you hear every noise from your neighbors
2 night trip Aug 3, 2015
"Excellent value clean, comfortable hotel"
The only down side was noise from above, Room clean and comfortable, goos bathroom on the small size but it was a single room. Air con that was efficient and a good breakfast. Staff polite and attentive.
2 night trip with friends Jul 11, 2015
"Overnight stay"
Had an overnight stay in Best Western Mornington . Room was clean and comfortable and had a great breakfast Would stay again
Other trip Jul 15, 2015
AA
"A nice hotel near Paddington station and Hyde Park"
Overall it was a very good experience and it well priced. The only low point was that room cleaning didn't take place until late afternoon which, after a long day seeing the sights of London is annoying as you just want lie down a bit and not get interrupted. Also the tea/milk in the wasn't replenished during the cleaning of the room - nice to have a cup of tea in morning.
Other trip Jul 15, 2015
effigy2
wonderful, helpful staff. Room a little small but no problem really
1 night romance trip Jul 3, 2015