All hotels in London, England, United Kingdom
12 Lancaster Gate, London, England, W2 3LG, United Kingdom, ‏‎866-925-8648

"Convenient to Hyde Park/Kensington but...."
Very disappointed. The rooms were small and the hallways were labyrinths with multiple doors and stairways to negotiate (and drag your luggage through). Staff was slow mainly because the reception area was so small. First room did not have a mini-fridge. When we requested a bigger room (the first room was too small for a single guest, let alone a couple) the hotel complied but the mini-fridge in that room wouldn't cool down. Noise abatement is poor - too much street noise intruding into the room.
Other trip Sep 23, 2013
Sleepy
"Nice hotel/poor breakfast buffet"
Room 216 was quite nice, up to date and nice bathroom. Breakfast buffet, food was cold and not an overly attractive selection. Front desk staff was very helpful.
Response by Best Western Mornington Hotel
Dear Walnut Creek I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We appreciate your comments and feel very proud that the team at Best Western Mornington Hotel were able to meet you expectations and that you loved the hotel. I have shared your valued feedback with my colleagues. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Best regards, Jurate Ramanciuckaite Front Office Manager
2 night trip Sep 11, 2013
"Great location, nice facilities"
Loved convenience to Paddington and the tube. Gardens and resturants are clos at hand. Safe neighborhood. Rooms and public spaces attractive and well appointed. We had a very small room,adequate to our need. Most will want to upgrade for a bit more space.
Response by Best Western Mornington Hotel
Dear Jim I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We appreciate your comments and feel very proud that the team at Best Western Mornington Hotel were able to meet you expectations and that you loved the hotel. I have shared your valued feedback with my colleagues. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Best regards, Jurate Ramanciuckaite Front Office Manager
4 night family trip Sep 8, 2013
Jim D
"Disappointing aspects of the B W Mornington"
Having stayed at Best Westerns frequently in the U.S. and in Europe, we were quite surprised to learn upon arrival that breakfast was not included in the price (rather high) we were paying for the small room. Even worse, there was no difference in price between the Continental breakfast and the Full English (buffet). Also the price, over 12 pounds sterling, was almost twice that charged for "Full English breakfast" at nearby restaurants and even nearby hotels. We realize that this B W is privately owned so perhaps there is no corporation-wide rule about this, but perhaps there should be. Also, the housekeeping was not very alert. We had to ask twice (different days) for hand towels as only one was provided for the two of us.
Response by Best Western Mornington Hotel
Dear Guest, Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your comments as it helps us in improving the service that we can give our future guests. I have noted you comments about the breakfast price. We are looking into it already. Also, I have noted your comments about the room size. All of our rooms are unique and with different the size from 11 square meters to 17 square meters with an average of 14 square meters. I would like to suggest next time to book a twin room which is slightly bigger than a double and the price is the same. In a twin room we can zip the beds, so instated of double you could have a king size. I can assure you that all points about the breakfast and housekeeping service have been shared with respective departments to ensure that such incidents do not happen in the future. Once again thank you for your feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in London. Best Regards, Jurate Ramanciuckaite Front Office Manager
5 night family trip Aug 31, 2013
"okay, but"
Internet didn't work half the time and staff pretty laid back about it all. Asked for a taxi to airport, they sent a limo at 2X cost.
Other trip Sep 5, 2013
dave
"Hot Showers!"
I got here after a long long flight, so I was so happy. The single room was smaller than I expected, but I remember that it is central London, so that wasn't as surprising. It was very modern and chic. I enjoyed it a lot! The bed was not the most comfortable, but I have found that most European beds are not. I hopped in the shower and the water was SCALDING. I couldn't figure out how to get it colder (Im not daft). The temperature gague was sort of stuck, so to turn it down just a bit, I had to really put some effort into it. Im more of a above luke warm shower taker, so that was slightly painful. Other than that it was great. The staff was friendly and all. PS: Do NOT get in a Cab that is not marked "Taxi" on the roof... I did and thought I was going to get murdered. It was scary...
Other trip Sep 3, 2013
"Small rooms - Great location"
AC broke down and was not working the 3rd and 4th days of our stay. Rooms on the upper floors were hot. Had to sleep with windows open and thus the street noise and exterior lights made sleep difficult. Hotel did give us a fan to use which helped. Hotel mgr gave us a $75 credit toward our bill. Small rooms but good location near local pubs, restaurants, Hyde Park and tube stations.
Response by Best Western Mornington Hotel
Dear Mr Duffy Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your comments as it helps us in improving the service that we can give our future guests. I have noted you comments about the AC. I understand that we did not meet your expectations . I would like to extend my apologies for this. Un fortunately regardless of the preventative measures we take, our plant and machinery will break down. In this case our Air Conditioning malfunctioned on the 4th of and 5th floors. Once again thank you for your feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in London. Best Regards, Jurate Ramanciuckaite Front Office Manager
4 night trip Aug 16, 2013
"Nice little hotel in a great location."
The Best Western Mornington was a nice little hotel in a great location. Close to the tube and Hyde Park. Apparently all the rooms in the UK are very small, but this hotel had everything you'd need. The front desk was helpful and everything was clean. It was the cheapest hotel in the area and for the price I recommend it.
Response by Best Western Mornington Hotel
Dear Mr John I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We appreciate your comments and feel very proud that the team at Best Western Mornington Hotel were able to meet you expectations and that you loved the hotel. I have shared your valued feedback with my colleagues. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Best regards, Jurate Ramanciuckaite Front Office Manager
1 night romance trip Jul 26, 2013
"ok if on a budget."
The room was really small. About the size of a large walk-in closet. Room smelled of strong cologne when I walked in and had to open window and door for couple hours to vent out. It's clean, but I think I will pay the extra and stay at a nicer hotel next time. Single rooms are just too small for my taste. It was damp, smelly of wet laundry, and the bed was very small. Wifi connection was good and tv was nice.
Other trip Jul 10, 2013
jennifer
"Fine, not great"
Hotel interior was fine. Seemed to have a recent remodel. Have to ignore ext. still rough. We had a large room I'm the basement. Unfortunate location. Next to breakfast room (noisy) and next to a pub out back that is CRAZY loud when changing kegs in the am. Would have liked to see other rooms. May have been a different experience.
4 night trip Jul 2, 2013
"Jumping off"
That last night before taking on London Heathrow is always an absolute pain. Get up at 3 a.m. to get there in time for the 0930 to NY, or wherever you might be going? The answer is usually good grief No. Stay instead at one of the airport hotels which are all capacious, convenient, full of people just like you and utterly boring. Well since the superfast connection from London Paddington station started working reliably that is all a thing of the past. The Mornington may be located in the heart of London, right on Hyde Park, but it is also just 30 minutes from Heathrow. So now, for a price, there is a realistic alternative on a trip to the UK or on your way elsewhere. You can dump your and do your thing in London before leaving the next morning. The hotel is quiet, with efficient and courteous staff, and if you eat breakfast probably adequate. The rooms are predictably small, this is not somewhere you would want to stay for more than at most two nights, but the fittings are modern, the overall cleanliness good. The cost was appreciably higher than the rates you would have to pay at the airport, this is not for the budget conscious. The advantage, as I said is that you are in the heart of one of the greatest cities in the world for a few hours before you head off into the blue. Getting to the airport is a ten minute walk to the station and a 15 minute train journey to Heathrow. Trains go every 15 minutes. Ticket prices are reasonable.
Response by Best Western Mornington Hotel
Dear IW, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We appreciate your comments and feel very proud that the team at Best Western Mornington Hotel were able to meet you expectations and that you loved the hotel. I have shared your valued feedback with my colleagues. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Best regards, Jurate Ramanciuckaite Front Office Manager
1 night business trip Jun 27, 2013
"Close to Hyde Park"
The photo on the website showed a nice cafe area in front of the hotel leading me to beieve this was part of it. In actuality I saw no such thing. IN fact the whole half of the hotel was undergoing some renovation so from the front it looked closed. After finding the front entrance I was warmly greeted byt the front desk staff. I didn't ask about the seating area I saw online as I surmised it was part of the renovation. My room clean and perfect for one person, two would have been crowded. Good location.
2 night trip Jun 5, 2013
"Very good location, pleasant breakfast and staff"
Fast check in/out, disappointed on room bearly any space to turn around with double bed, never book double bed room again. Hotel staffs are pleasant, but people smoke at bar. Lobby is very small, right next to Bar.
Response by Best Western Mornington Hotel
Dear Master Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us . I appreciate all the feedback that we get from tripadvisor as it helps us to improve the service that we offer. I have noted your comments about the size and layout of the rooms. As we are a 200 year old property every room is unique in its layout and size. Some are certainly larger or have more usable space. We try where possible to allocate room to meet everyones needs however if we get it wrong we are always happy to change it where possible. Also, I would like to mention that our hotel is non-smoking, so the bar area, the same as rooms, are non-smoking. Once again thank you for your feedback. I look forward to welcoming you when you are next in London If I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me. Best Regards, Jurate Ramanciuckaite Front Office Manager
Other trip Jun 26, 2013
Master J
"Compact lodgings near Hyde Park"
Hotel was clean, but small. (Not a surprise for London). We had a room with one double and a pull out bed for our son. Bed was comfortable. HVAC was controllable, so temperature was comfortable. Our view was terrible, but we weren't there to look out the window. The elevator was slow, but we found the stairs so no problems there. Towel warmer in the bath, but only a shower stall, no tub. Good water pressure, bathroom seemed to have been updated recently. Not a lot of clothing storage (small wardrobe, no drawers). Internet access was fine. Staff was friendly. Several restaurants and a cafe in the area. Good access to Lancaster Gate and Paddington Tube stations. Overall we were happy and would stay there again.
Response by Best Western Mornington Hotel
Dear Ms Sara I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We appreciate your comments and feel very proud that the team at Best Western Mornington Hotel were able to meet you expectations and that you loved the hotel. I have shared your valued feedback with my colleagues. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Best regards, Jurate Ramanciuckaite Front Office Manager
4 night family trip Jun 11, 2013
Sarra
"Great room in a great location"
Very friendly staff, great location near Hyde Park and metro, as well as walking distance to Paddington Station to catch the Heathrow Express. Great room, quiet street - highly recommend this hotel.
Response by Best Western Mornington Hotel
Dear Mr John W I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We appreciate your comments and feel very proud that the team at Best Western Mornington Hotel were able to meet you expectations and that you loved the hotel. I have shared your valued feedback with my colleagues. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Best regards, Jurate Ramanciuckaite Front Office Manager
1 night trip Jun 18, 2013
John W
"Good Hotel close to Lancaster Gate"
This hotel is across the street from Kensington Garden and walking distance to Royal Albert Hall and museums. Also next to decent pubs and restaurants.
Other trip Jun 20, 2013
Martin
"Better than expected"
We needed a reasonably priced hotel with a meeting room. Room was clean; the bath is modern. Bed is very comfortable. The desk is small but manageable. Wi-fi was down when we arrived but was fixed the next morning and worked well the rest of the time. Meeting room is well-equipped and included tea and coffee breaks. Location is excellent. We were able to take short breaks and walk around Kensington Gardens. Would definitely recommend.
Response by Best Western Mornington Hotel
Dear Lindsay Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your comments and feel very proud that the team at The Best Western Mornington Hotel were able to meet you expectations and that you loved the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back at the Best Western Mornington Hotel . Kind Regards, Jurate Ramanciuckaite Front Office Manager
4 night business trip Jun 6, 2013
"A Small Hotel room and Hallway."
Our room was tiny. We were on the first floor. Hallway so narrow you couldn't pass another person. If all you want is a bed and bathroom it would be okay. Not some place you want to go back to to relax. The Lancaster tube was close. That is why we booked the Hotel initially. I would book else where and take a Taxi. The Staff were nice and helpful. The Breakfast was good. This is the first Best Western we have stayed in besides the ones in the USA. We expected the same quality which it was not.
Response by Best Western Mornington Hotel
Dear Ms Rosa Thank you very for taking the time to share your experience with us . I appreciate all the feedback that we get as it helps me to improve the experience for future guests I am delighted that the team were able to meet your expectations. I have noted your comment about the room size. As a refurbished building all of our rooms are unique and there are some with better lay outs than others. We try and match this up s best as possible however we are not always able to do this. If you let us know we are more than happy to move rooms for people if we have the availability I look forward to welcoming you when you are next in London If I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me Best Regards, Jurate Ramanciuckaite Front Office Manager
Other trip May 26, 2013
Rosa I love to
"Decent hotel comparatively speaking"
After searching for a decent, moderately priced hotel in London I was satisfied with the Best Western Mornington. Although the room i was given was the size of a shoebox, the staff accommodated moving me to larger room after I had unpacked already. I would have stayed at that point but the room was THAT small I decided to repack and move. The staff was friendly enough but definitely could use some lessons in hospitality.
Response by Best Western Mornington Hotel
Dear Ms Danielle I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your comments on expedia customer reviews. We appreciate your comments as it helps us in proving service. I have noted your comments about the room size and staff . I am delighted that staff were able to change the room and to accommodate you in the bigger room. I have shared your valued feedback with my colleagues. I would like to welcome you back and to make sure you get the room you are expecting. Best Regards, Jurate Ramanciuckaite Front Office Manager
Other trip May 7, 2013
danielle
"Great hotel value."
Great location for flights in from Heathrow via train and Paddington station. Bed was a bit firm for my taste, but that's my only complaint. Enjoyed the free WiFi, and proximity to many things. I selected the hotel based on price and rating, and this value combination exceeded my expectations.
Expedia
Other trip Apr 30, 2013
"Internet? No, not really"
They don't really have working internet here. Don't plan on updating facebook or doing any email or getting any work done at all. They don't seem to understand the Internet or its role in a traveling person's life.
3 night business trip Mar 31, 2013
DavidM
"Good value and conveniently located"
Room was compact, yet comfortable. Location convenient to Hyde Park and Paddington, but not too noisy. Free WiFi a bonus
1 night trip Mar 24, 2013
"Clean, well decorated and gret location"
I really liked this hotel. It was relatively inexpensive, great location, really nice decor/tastefully done up, good amenities.........recommend it for sure......
2 night trip Mar 9, 2013
"good hotel for budget travellers in london"
the rooms were sooooo small - i suppose that is to be expected for the price but it was a tight squeeze. the girls at the front desk were very helpful and when we checked in early, our bags were brought straight to our rooms for us - that was a great service. the location is excellent and very convenient as it is only around the corner from many great restaurants, hyde park, lancaster gate station and a few minutes walk to paddington station. the convenience to paddington station was especially helpful when making the return trip to the airport. if you're planning on visiting london and you're on a budget, this would be a great place to stay for a few nights if you don't mind cramped quarters. the staff are very helpful and the location is great.
Other trip Mar 10, 2013
"Good deal considering price mad location."
Hotel is ok, good location and good price. Problem is the housekeeping is not very good. Everyday there was something not cleaned in the room. Also, the single rooms are quite small. Still it's a good deal considering its location. This is a good backup hotel if your first choice is not available or too expensive. Don't sign up for the breakfast. There are many places nearby you can get a better one cheaper.
Other trip Mar 9, 2013
Smong
"good price/quality ration"
For the offered rate (60 GBP) it is a very good price/quality ratio. Good location. Good breakfast. High speed Wifi. Hard 4.
Other trip Feb 25, 2013
Aaron
"Very Happy with Accomodations"
The hotel was great! The location was easily accessible to Paddington and Lancaster Gate. The staff was friendly and helpful. Overall we were very happy with our hotel selection. I was a little worried that it was a Best Western because those aren't so great in the US, but this one in London was just what we were looking for!
3 night romance trip Feb 15, 2013
Lacey
"Excellent Business Hotel with Exceptional Service"
I chose the Best Western Mornington Hotel based on it's prior reviews and wasn't expecting too much from a BW based on US experiences. How wrong could I be! From the friendly welcome, to the excellent breakfast and exceptional service, this was a great stay. Pros: Location is a quick 5 minute walk to the Tube, there's two pubs and a number of restaurants within 5-10 mins. Breakfast buffet. Great! And the service was top notch. Cons: Rooms are "London small" - (I had a standard double) - which means big enough for a business trip, not at all for a family... Overall: If I need to be close to our office in Oxford Circus again, on a budget, this would be my choice. Great experience, and most importantly, friendly staff.
5 night business trip Feb 10, 2013
Grant
"Horrible Service"
Would have rated this hotel much higher, but the manager was rude, Unattentive and unreasonable. Flights cancelled out of the tristate area due to winter storm for 2 days and they wouldn't allow us to extend our stay OR reimburse us for the lost days. But the hotel isn't sold out? "Sorry, you need to make reservations months in advance". Which we did. It's a Best Western, not the Four Seasons.
4 night romance trip Feb 8, 2013
Lia
"Ticks all the boxes"
Clean, well functioning room and super friendly, helpful service - the Mornington is great. Be warned - the rooms are tiny, so if I was traveling with my husband, it'd be a tight fit (I was in a standard double), but as a single business travel it did the trick. Close to the tube, right off Hyde Park - pure lovely. The free WiFI is terrible, which was wildly frustrating, but that's the only quibble. Oh, I didn't eat there, so I can't speak to breakfast or any food.
Other trip Jan 17, 2013
"Excellent hotel for the price."
The hotel is immaculately well kept (seems newly renovated). The rooms are tiny, but well appointed. For the low cost, great location, and cleanliness, this is a 9/10.
Other trip Jan 16, 2013
Jonathan
"Terrific"
Very convenient to Paddington station. Very helpful staff. Couldn't ask for a better stay.
1 night trip Jan 6, 2013
"would recommend"
We stayed here just a few nights, but really liked our stay. The staff was not overly-friendly, but they were not rude. The rooms were clean and we enjoyed the free wi-fi. There is also a computer and gym downstairs that we were not told about but discovered on our last day. The front desk did loan us an umbrella for a day which was VERY helpful. The bed was bigger than we had expected, but not very comfortable. The area is safe, but didn't seem to be too much to do in that area. Very short walk to the Tube/bus. We would recommend this hotel!
3 night romance trip Dec 20, 2012
Honeymooners
"Perfect for Sale Price"
Took advantage of a new year hotel sale and for the sale deal this hotel was great! Perfect for central London holiday and nice rooms with typically size for a central London hotel. Good bars and restaurants nearby as well as great transport options. However, with full price cost not sure I would fork out for it.
3 night trip with friends Jan 3, 2013
Ben
"great price, great location, great staff"
There are a few similarly-priced hotels in the area, and this is definitely the better of them. The staff is very polite and friendly. Great price, great location and a charming library/bar.
Other trip Jan 2, 2013
Nasser
"Comfortable and good location."
We had a "family" room which was a double bed and a double pullout couch. Small but clean and comfortable. Bathroom very small. Lots of steps in this hotel. Not sure how a person with knee problems would do. Great location.
Other trip Nov 25, 2012
Lori
"Great London Hotel"
Great location, clean and updated room, free wi-fi
Other trip Nov 24, 2012
Ted77
I arrived late at night and left early for a meeting, so all I needed was a clean, quiet, comfortable room to stay in, not too far away from the underground. The hotel provided all this. The room was small, but fine for my purposes, and reasonably cheap. The hotel is in a pleasant quiet area even though not far from the busy Bayswater Road. Hyde Park is also very close. The only thing I wasn't keen on was the receptionist taking an impression of my credit card and a 'deposit' of £30 (which I was assured would be returned automatically and quickly), even though I wasn't going to buy any extras. Hopefully this will not cause any problems. Otherwise everything was fine (though I didn't have breakfast, so can't comment on that - the £12-50 price persuaded me to get a coffee and sandwich elsewhere!).
Other trip Nov 8, 2012
"Support bars please."
For a European hotel it was excellent. Clean and roomy. Only issue I have is with the bathtubs that are so high which makes it difficult getting in and out and there is nothing to hold on to.
Other trip Oct 20, 2012
Debbie
"Great location, great staff, I would stay again"
My 78 year old mother and I stayed in 2 single rooms for 11 days. The elevator was great at the end off the day, however there are about 8 steps leading into the hotel. The room was plenty big for a single person. The location of the hotel is 2 blocks to Hyde Park and 3 blocks to the nearest tube station and bus service. There was a pub right behind the hotel, one a block down and there were many other places close for food. Staff was very helpful answering our questions and solving problems which came up. One day the maid left dirty towels in the room and on another the temperature of the room was too cool, but the front desk took care of them immediately. Everyone working there smiled and greeted us with a good morning everyday. The breakfast at the hotel costed 10 pounds if you reserved a spot the night before. It was a typical English breakfast, plus cereals, breads, fruit, yogurt, assorted juices and coffee. It is pricey unless you can eat a lot in the morning. We found an English breakfast and juice for 7 pounds just down the street and if you just wanted a breakfast sandwich it was much cheaper. Overall we loved the hotel and would stay there again.
Other trip Oct 17, 2012
"Comfortable and convenient"
Bayswater/Hyde Park area is both pretty and convenient. The hotel was less than 5 minutes from a tube stop so commuting was easy. The hotel was kept up nicely and the room was clean. No issue.s
3 night business trip Oct 9, 2012
"Great hotel for any London traveler"
Clean room, very nice and knowledgeable staff. Breakfast was awesome, rooms were clean and comfortable, very very very short walk to the tube station, Hyde park, numerous pubs and restaurants, and coffee shops with take away. Perfect place to stay and we will return. You are not far from the bustle of the city, but the hotel was completely quiet at night.
Other trip Oct 14, 2012
Bethany
"Very nice stopover in London"
Walking distance to Paddington Station, nicely kept rooms (and a good size by London standards), very comfortable bed, modern and freshly renovated bathroom and my personal favorite: smooth wood floors without carpet.
Other trip Oct 5, 2012
"Great choice if you want peace and quiet."
The Mornington Hotel is clean and conviently located 1/2 block from the North side of Hyde Park. The rooms are small but clean and comfortable, especially the beds. There is no consigeire, but the staff is young, attractive and very helpful. They even checked us in for our air flight and got our boarding passes, as we were in Paris the day before our flight. They have a very nice buffet breakfast room ( no restaurant), and a very nice pub (The Mitre) directly behind the hotel, with good food and service. If you book "The Big Bus" Hop-On-Hop-Off bus tour, it will pick you up 1/2 block from the Hotel. We used the Golden Tour bus and had to take 5-6 GBP taxi to catch the bus. The Mornington is suitable for all ages (we are 74) and were very happy with our choice of the Mornington
Other trip Sep 19, 2012
John and Nancy
The hotel staff is mostly from Germany, so they carry a foreign accent as I do. I picture Germans are serious which is what I experienced the first time. They do not smile a lot, but quite competent. Room is quite good, good facility in the bath room. But I can hear my neighbour going in and out quite well during night. There are not too many restaurants close by, transportation is convenient.
Other trip Sep 19, 2012
"Very convenient and nice people."
I liked this hotel. The room was small, but that is to be expected in London. There was no mini fridge which would have been nice. Good free wifi, and nice breakfast. The desk staff were very helpful, same for the breakfast staff. The location could not be much better.
3 night trip Sep 13, 2012
"Good if you are morning bird"
Great location clean room except very noisy! Cleaning maid started 8am and make huge noise really no consideration for guest who travel and would like to sleep in on weekends.
Other trip Sep 16, 2012
"Room end before it starts!!"
I thought I was overcharged for the size of the room we stayed in. I don't think this Hotel deserves even a 3 star rating. Additionally, the concierge service was unavailable. The so called "free internet" would crash most of the time. This is a very expensive hotel for the quality of service and size of rooms.
3 night family trip Sep 6, 2012
American Tourister
"spotty wifi access, but solid on fundamentals"
If you're on the North side of the hotel, the Mitre bar can be noisy until around 10 or 11 (at least during warmer months), but then it quiets down. The first evening, I worried that it would keep me up all night, but it was never a problem. The only real issue I had at this hotel was with the WiFi. It would go down for fifteen minutes to an hour, several times a day, and I would get a message on my laptop: "unable to connect, someone else is using your IP address." Now, maybe this was partly my fault? Something I could have adjusted in my computer settings? Not sure, but I've never experienced the problem at other hotels. The mattress in my room was VERY firm, which I like, but others may not. Not sure if they have any options as far as this goes. Also having a room on the top floor meant I had no one above me. But I could here the floor boards creek when I walked--to be expected in older buildings. Generally, the hotel is not sound proofed. I had quiet neighbors on either side of the room, but the sound of foot traffic in the hall, or of other room doors closing was fairly loud. I've focused mostly on concerns here, because as my ratings indicate, everything else about my stay was great, and I would stay again. The hotel is close to a good coffee/croissant shop, mini-groceries, tube station, and right across from Hyde Park, which is ideal for running. I slept well every night, my room was always well cleaned by the staff, and the desk crew were friendly.
Other trip Sep 12, 2012
Bryan
"Great hotel for single or couples, but small rooms"
Very small room, great shower (powerful overhead), no soap dish however; comfy bed. Great cooked buffet breakfast at very reasonable price. Very friendly and accommodating staff. Great location across from north side of Hyde Park. Would stay again.
Other trip Sep 11, 2012