All hotels in Cherokee, North Carolina, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here1636 Acquoni Rd, Cherokee, NC, 28719, United States of America, ‏‎855-241-5599

"Nice hotel for the price"
The only problem I had at all with this hotel was the ice machine was SO far away. I had to walk around two buildings to access it. Everything else was nice.
1 night trip Dec 14, 2013
Crystal
"very well located"
Very well located, at the entrance of the National Park
5 night trip Dec 11, 2013
Carlos
It wasn't what I thought it was .. When I made the reservation they said it was a very nice hotel .. Plus no brraksfast for the money we paided for one night .. I know it's pet friendly but it smell like dog .. You need to replace the towels .. Or buy some .. But for one night what could you expect .. I'm sorry
1 night trip Dec 7, 2013
"Hardest mattress I've ever slept on!"
I might as well have slept on the ironing board! Looked to be an older motel that was redone pretty well, but got cheap at the end. Room didn't even have soap & shampoo! I asked the front desk if they normally put that stuff in the rooms. She said not always.
Other trip Nov 10, 2013
TN Car Guy
"Very nice motel in Cherokee."
The room was very pleasant with no odors or mole. It was cleaned to a shine. The heat worked well. All of the staff were polite and helpful. Definitely will stay there again and recommend to others.
Other trip Oct 28, 2013
Sandra
"Great location for nature lovers."
This place was not too difficult to find, nestled in the mountains, but if you are willing to travel a bit longer, I would recommend a different hotel. The customer service is lacking a bit and the beds are hard. Also, I stayed towards the end of fall when the nights were very chilly, and there was only two sheets and a thin blanket on the bed, no other blankets were available in the room. If you were to ask for another, the front desk is very rude about it as though you were asking for them for something extremely out of the ordinary. Also, Cherokee is a dry town, no alcohol is served, except for the casino. Good food is also hard to come by in the area, after 6:00, most of the restaurants are closed, but judging by reviews of them, you wouldn't miss much.
2 night trip Oct 18, 2013
"Nice but the beds where to hard"
The staff was friendly the hotel was ok for the money but the beds where hard as a rock. That is all I have to complain about.
1 night family trip Oct 17, 2013
Dawg
"Standard chain hotel"
The rooms offer all the comfort needed and are generally clean. But the hotel overall is one of these general chain hotels, staff is not overly friendly and everything is very unpersonal. It's not a bad place to stay, but it's definitely nothing special. I got a good price for the one night I stayed, so it was overall a good deal for me.
Other trip Oct 22, 2013
Daniela
"nice motel."
if you are taking a pet with you to cherokee,this is the best place to stay.very close to peters pancakes and store right across the street.
Other trip Oct 13, 2013
"A Clean Average hotel"
This hotel is located within walking distance from everything. Basically you get what you paid of .
Other trip Oct 11, 2013
"Nice stay in Cherokee"
Not a bad hotel. Nothing super fancy, but inexpensive, conveniently located and lovely scenery. Fast wireless internet which I loved. I stayed two nights in a row and it was a great uneventful stay in a clean comfortable room.
Other trip Oct 4, 2013
Rachel
"Decent hotel for the price"
Room was ok. Nothing special but not awful either. Staff was very pleasant.
Other trip Sep 24, 2013
"MIDDLE OF THE ROAD"
We booked this hotel only because it accepted pets and we had to be in Cherokee for Labor Day for business. There were only two hotels, I believe, that allowed pets in Cherokee and this one was less expensive and had OK reviews. However, when we checked in, they added a hefty PER NIGHT pet fee which we felt was a little steep. The "pet" rooms are in a separate building behind the main hotel, and the building is behind an adjacent shopping center. The shopping center's dumpster is very close to these rooms and they are emptied, noisily, every morning around 8 AM by a large garbage truck. Kind of scary walking my dog behind a shopping center - very dark and not really anyplace to walk the dog. My husband felt it necessary to come outside with me every time we had to take our dog out. The on-site restaurant was not open at all. The front desk staff advised us that they chose not to open it "this season". The room was tired, but clean, the bedsheets so thin you could watch TV through them. The bed was OK and the pillows were OK. In-room fridge and microwave was a plus. The water pressure was very low as well and made getting a shower difficult, and washing your hair almost impossible. Would not stay here again. Not sure why higher paying "pet" families are relegated to the rear of the property - we stay at Sheraton Hotels often - they accept pets and don't charge any extra fees.
2 night trip Sep 1, 2013
"Wonderful!!"
We checked in with a pleasing associate, very kind and helpful. Stayed 3 nights and always saw one of the associates checking on rooms, asking people if everything was okay and just making sure property was well kept. We will check on this hotel again for availability on our next mini vacation in Cherokee, NC. Very friendly hotel.
Other trip Aug 19, 2013
SillyD
"Improvement from last year"
This is our second year staying the week of July 4th here. Last year the hotel was great but the staff friendliness needed improvement. This year the staff were great and the hotel met all of our needs. The only thing lacking that would have made our week long stay a little easier is a microwave in the room.
2 night trip Jul 3, 2013
"room smelled"
room smelled very musty. cobwebs in the corners & hair was in corners of bathroom when we arrived. Cleaning service forgot to replace several items on second day. (coffee, cups, washcloths). Wasn't THAT bad, but wouldn't recommend nor would we stay there again.
Other trip Jul 9, 2013
"Hotel stay"
The markings in front of the hotel was very misleading. The name Magnuson was in very small letters and the words: Great Smokie Mountain hotel was all we saw. Coffee pot was pitted with dirt, room was hot and musty. There was no exhaust fan in the bathroom to expell the steam or odors. I was booked for a pet room and was put into a non-pet room. I was charged twice for a pet fee ($25.00) once with expedia and the second time at the hotel. Honestly the worst stay we ever had and it was our 43 wedding anniversary on top of that.
Other trip Jun 30, 2013
"there is no restaurant attached!!!"
Very dissapointed to discover that there is no restaurant at the hotel.... even though it said there was on the website. It also says its there in the hotel binders in the room and on the sign out front at the hotel. That was the reason we picked that hotel!!! But alas Mabel's Table turned out to be a fable.
1 night business trip Jun 16, 2013
Rhonda
We really enjoyed our stay there. I really liked the location. It was close to many attractions and the river was next door. I liked the rocking chairs out front too. A continental breakfast would have been nice but there again breakfast was close by. We will most likely stay again.
Other trip Jun 23, 2013
"Great Smokies Inn"
Staff was fantastic at Check in and Check Out Very nice Room Clean and comfortable I would highly recommend this Hotel to anyone that wants a great place to stay in Cherokee
2 night trip May 3, 2013
Ronnie
"wonderful, friendly, helpful staff! great rooms!"
the front desk staff at this hotel are the GREATEST! they helped with a booking mishap, were kind, notified me within minutes of a cancellation so that we could stay an additional night! rooms were very clean and comfortable. great location! if you are in Cherokee, STAY HERE!!!!
2 night family trip Oct 14, 2012
"Not good for its price."
Although the hotel is on average OK, comparing with its price, it is not pleased. The staffs are not enthusiastic and the service are so so.
Other trip Oct 29, 2012
"Dreadful"
Front office staff is rude and lacked customer service skills. Blamed all the confusion with our reservations on Expedia.
Other trip Oct 29, 2012
"Very reasonably priced hotel."
The room doors open to the outside and we were close to the road. The noise was minimal and we slept soundly. We would gladly stay there again.
Other trip Oct 23, 2012
"mold in tile in shower"
there was black mold in the tile in our shower. the front desk lady said the front desk will close at 8pm each night.she was the front desk clerk, housekeeper, maintaince man/womanand i guess she ran the restraunt too. it was closed .enough said
1 night trip Oct 10, 2012
"Should be 1 star"
I was very disappointed in this hotel. I have used Expedia for years, and this is the first hotel I have been totally disappointed in! The room was as clean as it could be, but the whole hotel seemed run down. The staff at the desk were not friendly and did not make you feel welcomed. I would not stay there again.
Other trip Oct 8, 2012
CCL
room was very clean nice location and large bathroom and shower tub would surely stay again
Other trip Sep 29, 2012
"Horrible staff"
The toilet, refrigerator, and air conditioner were not working properly. The carpet was extremely dirty. It would leave your socks and feet black. The staff was extremely rude. The bed was so hard it was like sleeping on the floor. The staff assigned us a non pet room and then made us move when they noticed the mistake. The posted a sign on our door there was a problem with our room. They refused to assist us in moving when it was their mistake.
Other trip Sep 24, 2012
Chuck
"Good Stay"
Had an issue with the room, but the desk took care of it
Other trip Sep 19, 2012
Bug
The staff was great, and the location was great. However, it is time for renovations.
1 night family trip Sep 15, 2012
"Little Hidden Gem"
This hotel impressed me! It was clean and convenient to access. Near Cherokee town & casino, parks and shopping. The grounds were lovely, with relaxing water ponds that flowed, lots of flowers and a beautiful restaurant (newly opened after being closed for years!) Best home-made apple butter we ever tasted! Breakfast wasn't free, unfortunately, but it was definitely worth the price (french toast, 3 kinds of sausage, gravy & biscuits, eggs and more!) the coffee in the lobby was free! Hotel staff might have been a tad warmer to their clients (they operated "busy, busy" even when no one else was around. Just wanted us to leave the key on the counter without making eye contact. Is that ok???) That's ok, everything else made up for it.
1 night trip Aug 17, 2012
"A little far from the casino"
Great hotel and the staff were friendly. The room was large and comfortable. Beware of the soap holder on the wall of the shower.
1 night trip Jul 21, 2012
"Nice Hotel in Cherokee"
Nice hotel and location to walk to some restaurants and shops. Nice restaurant in hotel for breadkfast buffet( really good) Rooms clean could use alittle updating but nice.
Other trip Jul 23, 2012
Ang
"disappointing"
desk clerk was very unprofessional; she offered no information about the hotel upon check-in, just gave me my key and sent me off to my room: I felt she was just trying to get me out of her way so she could go on to something else: hotel needs some TLC for better appearance
Other trip Jul 15, 2012
"overpriced for what you get"
Probably because we had a small dog, we were placed in the back building overlooking a trailer, which detracts from the background view of the smokies. The hotel room itself has been fairly recently renovated and is reasonably up-to-date. The amenities at this hotel which much less than what we received at hotels in other locations at this price level. In rooms with 2 queens, no refrigerator or microwave. Shampoo & soap is generic. No HBO or movie rental options and TV reception was fuzzy. No complimentary breakfast (though the staff at the newly opened on-site restaurant was very friendly, and they did serve fresh fruit which is not terribly common in Cherokee restaurants, it seems). Also, another member of our party discovered that her room had not been cleaned despite being out of the room all day. (They did someone to clean it upon being notified). The bathroom doors lock themselves when they bump against the wall, locking you out. Finally, the front desk is clearly understaffed, resulting in delays in getting assistance. In general, the hotel options in Cherokee aren't great, especially if you have a pet. But if I were to go again I would try to find a nicer hotel for the price.
2 night family trip Jul 5, 2012
Familyvacationer
"wonderful off the path road with outdoor sights"
Great one night stop with very friendly staff.
1 night trip Jul 7, 2012
"Surrounding was very nice."
Very enjoyable will stay there again.
1 night trip Jun 16, 2012
"A HOT STAY"
AC DIDN'T COOL OUR ROOM SO WE MOVED TO DIFFEREN ROOM AND HAD THE SAME PROBLEM UNITS ARE OLD THE ROOMS ALSO HAVE A WEIRD SMELL
Other trip Jul 7, 2012
"Close to all attractions, stores, etc."
I like the idea that it right in the middle of stores, arcades. There were lots of shops, arcades and games for kids. One disappointment was, I had booked this particular hotel because there was a restaurant attached to it. Once we arrived, we found out the restaurant was closed and the staff didn't know what was going on concerning management of the restaurant. It would have been nice if it had been open since it was within walking distance.
2 night trip Jun 22, 2012
Inspite of some negative reviews decided to stay here for a long weekend for 2. We enjoyed it so much we checked out on Monday but decided to stay by the pool for a while before leaving then changed our mind and rechecked back in for another night. Everything was very clean, Staff were very friendly. The last day the pool was cleaned that AM then we had it to ourself til that evening. It was well worth the money. Will definitly be returning.
2 night romance trip Jun 23, 2012
"Hotel stay"
Staff very nice. Room needs some updating and maintenance .
1 night trip Jun 23, 2012
Tammy
I loved the room however if I had not booked through hotels.com I would have gotten the room for much less. There was not supposed to be additional pet deposits and I was charged additional.
1 night trip Jun 15, 2012

"Terrible service"
Hotel staff could not provide us with any information on the Smoky Mountains and as everything was closed (including the hotel restaurant) they could not suggest anywhere for dinner or groceries, etc. not a pleasant stay.
Other trip Jun 1, 2014

"En bout de course"
Le Magnuson hotel a dû être un hotel familial avec piscine animé et agréable il y a 15 ans. Il semble au point mort depuis, avec des chambres d'une déco trop neutre avec climatisation trop bruyante et une salle de bains un peu passée .Le personnel de passage est tout juste aimable. La salle de restaurant n'est plus utilisée: il faut prendre la voiture pour aller de l'autre côté de la rivière petit déjeuner. C'est un hotel d'étape pour dormir et se détendre dans la piscine. Sans plus
Other trip Sep 6, 2014
JMdeLyon
FR
1 night trip Oct 12, 2014
1 night business trip May 17, 2014
1 night trip Jan 31, 2014
"Clean and convenient. Staff very nice."
Other trip Jan 7, 2014