All hotels in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America
235 Chestnut St, Philadelphia, PA, 19106, United States of America, ‏‎866-925-8648

"Quick business/leisure trip"
Very dedicated staff... Went out of the way to recommend parking and dining options. Very good location for foodies and mixologists.
Other trip Feb 27, 2014
Marko
"super close to independence hall"
The room was small, but comfortable. The bed was not queen and that is what we thought we were getting...but it was soft....breakfast was very nice, loved the use of real silverware and place settings.
1 night trip Feb 15, 2014
anne
"Close to all historical sites"
Great
1 night trip Feb 11, 2014
"comfy bed"
hotel was very quite and quaint. Staff was very friendly and helpful. only downfall is no parking but I guess that's to be expected for a hotel in the city.
1 night trip Jan 23, 2014
Maria
Location in Old City is great. It is a historic building. The hotel staff were friendly and service oriented. Free wifi and breakfast --a really good value. The only comment was that my room was rather small with no view, but I still found it nice and comfortable.
1 night business trip Jan 22, 2014
Awesome location!
1 night trip Jan 19, 2014
The only problem I had was working with the delicate setting of my shower for hot/cold settings. The staff was very nice and eager to help me. They made me feel at home. Thank you.
Other trip Jan 13, 2014
"good location with no view,"
We stayed 2 nights. The first night (Saturday) we were on the first floor, around the corner from the lobby, and I barely slept from all the noise from the lobby...up to 3AM. The heating system was also very noisy. The second night we were on the third floor, and there was very little noise. Rooms had no view. Even the courtyard(breakfast area view) was nothing to look down upon, and we could barely see the sky. the cleanliness of the room was excellent and it had everything you'd need, although small, it was fine for two of us. Breakfast, lobby and staff were great.
1 night romance trip Dec 8, 2013
joni
"Awesome place to stay"
Parking is a little iffy but honestly, the charm of this hotel is just overwhelming. What a great place to stay and hope to come back soon.
1 night trip Nov 30, 2013
"Lovely Little Hotel in Olde City"
In Philadelphia over the Thanksgiving holiday. Hotel was blessedly serene and quiet, a great comfort after a hectic drive south into the city on I-95. Staff was (is) wonderful. Great location with lots of fairly good restaurants close by. Lovely breakfast served each and every morning. Garage parking just a couple blocks away. We try to stay here whenever we visit the old "hometown". Don't get much better than this.
Other trip Nov 30, 2013
"Great location, friendly staff, and quiet at night"
Place is amazingly quiet at night given how close to busy areas of the city it is. Cozy and historic feel. Breakfast was disappointing.
2 night trip Nov 22, 2013
Jeff E.
GREAT location. Within walking distance to many excellent restaurants, bars, coffee shops, etc. Also close to many historic places for sight seeing. Great staff, helpful and polite. The room was very comfortable and very clean. The beds are very comfortable and the location was quiet for a good night's sleep. Nice place for free breakfast....lots of excellent choices. Very convenient. We will stay again for sure.
Other trip Nov 25, 2013
last minute reservation. needed a room for 3, and accepted a room with a queen bed and a roll-away. my son on the roll away got the best sleep. queen mattress was shot! serious valley in the middle made it uncomfortable for both wife and me. poor sound insulation - awakened at 5:30 and again at 6:30 by noise made by incoming staff. Guessing that rooms on upper floors might be much nicer, more spacious, and quieter. Parking down the block and around the corner was certainly not convenient, but luckily we didn't have too much to carry.
Other trip Nov 12, 2013
Great location for a night out. Plenty of bars and restaurants to choose from. Very nice breakfast buffet in the a.m.
1 night trip Nov 2, 2013
"Perfect Place to Get Acquainted"
Perfect location in the heart of Old City, beautifully done up character building with soaring ceilings and charm with all the mod cons...
1 night romance trip Nov 1, 2013
SPRNVA
"Tree hugrs have made Hotel staying almost unberabl"
No reflection on a very quaint hotel with a bed & breakfast feel to it and an exemplary staff, unless they CHOSE to install ridiculously LOW-FLO shower heads and just as ridiculous thermostat that decides whether the air condition should in fact cool the room or just blow warm stuffy air around even if set to 58 deg !!! I expect it in a new hotel in Phoenix AZ I stayed at were you swelter in a room while the mall across the street is watering 60 ft palm trees in the middle of the desert but didn't think it became the industry standard. Good thing it wasn't the middle of July!
Other trip Nov 3, 2013
jack-a-roo
"emergency"
The hotel was great until we got to the next morning. My girlfriend sprained Her ankle the first night we were there on this curb right outside the hotel. The night manager was very helpful, bringing ice up to the room and looking up all night pharmacies. She even reimbursed me for the cab I had to take To get an ace bandage. But in the morning, the new deal clerk was pushy about getting us out of the room quickly and didn't even ask us how about our stay or check in about my girlfriend' s ankle.
1 night romance trip Oct 28, 2013
gin
"Perfect Philadelphia"
The hotel was awesome I got in late because of my flight and the manager on duty on 10/23 at midnite was awesome and helped me out perfectly, the location is excellent for Philadelphia and then the breakfast was great the next morning, it was a a great stay in the very historic area of Philadelphia and will recommend this hotel to everyone staying in Philadelphia
1 night family trip Oct 23, 2013
Scott Swirles
Loved the location and the atmosphere of the hotel. So close to great places to see and eat . Would definitely stay again.
1 night trip Oct 26, 2013
"Horrible Experience"
The room was extremely small and had an awful order. The elevators smelled like Raid had just been sprayed. Just a horrible experience.
Other trip Oct 28, 2013
"close to sights and clean"
the hotel was clean, the staff was nice and it was close to all the sights I wanted to see
1 night trip with friends Oct 5, 2013
"The Right Location"
The location of this hotel was excellent for experiencing all the historic sites in Philly. We really enjoyed the ability to get where we wanted to go on foot. There are plenty of fine dinning establishments nearby and the nightlife is plentiful. We had to ask for personal use items more than once and we found the room a little one the small side for an extended stay. The included breakfast was excellent and readily available. LOVED having free internet access.
Other trip Oct 1, 2013
"weekend getaway"
great location, quiet, friendly and clean, couldnt ask for a better weekend getaway.
Other trip Sep 21, 2013
"Charming, Friendly, Convenient"
My family had an excellent time staying in this charming hotel, originally built in 1856. When it turned out that the previous traveler had smoked in my daughter's non-smoking room, the staff moved her immediately. There's a daily breakfast, and the hotel's location in Old Town was convenient. There's parking located about a block away.
2 night family trip Sep 5, 2013
Eliot
"Great location, lots of history"
This small and friendly hotel was a good value in the heart of Philadelphia Historic places. The staff was exceptional and over-delivered. The building was dated but clean and comfortable. The room was clean though a few touch ups would really help. I would stay here again.
1 night trip Sep 6, 2013
For the location and size, I thought it was a good deal. It's an older building, so much of the sound proofing technology wasn't built in. You can hear people down the hall, especially if they're clowning around and being loud. You can hear the housekeeper knock on the doors as she goes down the hall, "housekeeping". Hallways are a little narrow. Ceilings are like 11 feet. Lobby is well decorated, clean. Like the free coffee,cookies and paper. I would recommend this hotel.
1 night trip Sep 7, 2013
"Bucket List"
This was my second time at Best Western Independence Park Hotel, and I must say they changed a lot since my last visit. The remodeled lobby looks great, full breakfast in the morning, and Wednesday evening free wine and cheese. Sat around the lobby talking to the other guests drinking and relaxing was awesome. Hotel is located within walking distance to so many sites, great location, great time
3 night family trip Aug 20, 2013
Shannon
"In walking distance to all historical sights"
Great hotel , furnishings are of the period. The lobby is an excellent place to an unwind from your day. Breakfast has many choices. My granddaughter especially enjoyed making the Belgian Waffle with the imprint of the Liberty Bell. The staff was pleasant and helpful.
Other trip Aug 12, 2013
"Close to museums and convention center"
The staff was great! They were very professional yet willing to chat if you wanted. They were well versed on the things to see and how to best get to them. The atmosphere was warm and welcoming. The rooms were ready on time, attractive and clean. The breakfast was nicely done and tastey. The only negative was not having "on site" parking, but that seems to be common in the area.
1 night business trip Jul 31, 2013
the McAfee's
"Above expectations"
Great place to stay close to all the sights. Wonderful hot breakfast
1 night trip Jul 29, 2013
vpo
"Location and Helpful Staff"
Very pleased with location - close to major attractions & subway. Staff very friendly, attentive, and capable.....went the extra mile to help.
Other trip Jul 31, 2013
"Best Western in Old City was a great choice"
This hotel was a great choice for a lovely week-end in the city. We were going to a week-end festival across the river in Camden and this hotel worked perfectly. Staff was very nice, a great breakfast buffet was included and we were in a great neighborhood and excellent location. I would definately stay there again.
2 night trip Jul 26, 2013
Cristi
"Newly remodeled landmark close to everything"
Putting the final touches on the hotel remodeling, but it didn't bother me as a guest. We walked to all historical landmarks, lots of restaurants for every budget close by, best self serve breakfast I've ever had, staff is always friendly and helpful steering us away from tourist traps and toward good experiences. Of course nothing is perfect, I would have liked to have access to a gym. I will recommend to friends and family.
Other trip Jul 28, 2013
mark
"Beautiful place to stay while touring Philadelphia"
Enjoyed our stay very much and loved being within walking distance to most of the historical sites and great restaurants!!
Other trip Jul 27, 2013
Sue
"Great location but that's it"
Great location - just 3 blocks from Constitution Plaza and the Liberty bell. But our experience with the room was sub par. I had booked the premier queen room and was more than disappointed with what we received. I questioned the room category at which point I was told that all queens were the same, regardless of category name. The room was very dated and the mattress felt 30 years old - it sank 6 inches as soon as you sat down and you could feel every single spring. I was glad we were only staying for one night. Breakfast was ok but next time I'd rather forego breakfast and actually get some sleep.
1 night trip Jul 20, 2013
"close to sights"
hotel was very convenient, perfect for what we were looking for. Staff was quite helpful and knowledgeable. Good breakfast.
2 night romance trip Jul 5, 2013
Patti
"close to independence hall"
It was a great location very close to independence hall and liberty bell. Our room was very clean. Also, the breakfast buffet had a nice variety.
Other trip Jul 8, 2013
"Great location, great staff"
Smaller rooms in a renovated old building, staff is excellent. Location is perfect, walking distance to most Philly sites and dozens of restaurants within a few blocks.
Other trip Jul 7, 2013
MNJohn
"Easy walking, safe neighborhoods."
It was a great choice !
2 night trip Jun 25, 2013
"Perfect for our historic Philly weekend!"
My 7 year old had just learned about the liberty bell and Betsy ross in school a few weeks prior, so the weekend before 4th of July a perfect time to take a trip to Old City Philly and see it first hand. I wasn't familiar with the city and was concerned about safety and walking distance to the sites. The Best Western turned out to be the perfect place for us. There was only a room with a queen left, but I booked it. Yes, it was smaller, but with very high ceilings we did not feel cramped at all! It was perfect as we only slept there and stopped in for small breaks between site seeing.Only a few blocks from everything we wanted to see, including Independence Hall and the ice cream festival at Penn's Landing. We even fit in a tour of the US mint factory when we arived Friday. Turns out the fridges are only in rooms with double beds and king beds, though. Also, we had no safe - not sure why. Aside from a late check in on Friday night (you can hear people in the hallway pretty well) we did not hear any noises to keep us awake. The bed was comformable enough, even sharing it with a 7 year old. The place was very clean and the tall posts on the bed, curtains and wing chair gave it a period feel. The bath and towels were clean and the desk staff was very pleasant and helpful. The breakfast with liberty bell waffles was delicious and included! Noon checkout allowed us to get in the Liberty Bell, 360 movie and horsecarraige ride, then they held our bags until our day was done!
Other trip Jul 3, 2013
Mommy & Me trip
"Great location and fantastic staff"
We were there one night and were impressed by the efficiency and welcoming attitude of the staff. Breakfast that's included with the room was good and other people staying at the hotel were friendly. It is a great location to tour the spots in the old city, and our room was quiet. We will stay there again.
1 night family trip Jun 14, 2013
Page
"Nice room with one flaw"
The room was small but very nice and quiet. The bed was one of the most comfortable I have experienced. The breakfast was good. The service was friendly. The only flaw was the fan for the air conditioning, which blew like the wind across the bed. The control had settings of "on" and "auto" but I could find no way to reduce the flow.
1 night trip Jun 2, 2013
Suzanne
"Great Location - Old School Hotel in Historic Area"
The hotel lobby was under construction, which did not leave a great initial impression. The bones of hotel date to the 1800's, so there is but one elevator and rooms are small. Nevertheless, the staff were helpful and friendly, the room tastefully decorated in Early American style, the bathroom large and fully modern, and the self-serve breakfast area pleasant with the typical food staples, i.e. as in a chain business hotel. Although a bit pricey, the only other options close to Independence Hall and the surrounding restaurant and bar area, are two much pricier hotels and one back-packer joint. This hotel proved to be a convenient compromise.
1 night romance trip May 25, 2013
The location of this hotel is perfect. We were within walking distance of Old City and then enjoyed some of the artistic and food scene on South Street, The staff were attentive, kind and made certain that we were comfortable from the beginning to the end. The breakfast was a plus, fresh, hot and convenient, along with the later check out time of noon as well.
3 night romance trip May 24, 2013
"Nice hotel in the heart of the Old City of Philly"
The lobby of the hotel was under restauration but it was clean and with no inconveniences. The staff was very kind and helpful and the old style rooms were nice. Excellent breakfast buffet. Complimentary WiFi worked very well.
Other trip May 24, 2013
jorge
"Old and charming hotel"
Overall hotel was good. Has an old charm to it. Bed was terribly uncomfortable but other than that it was a pleasant stay.
Other trip May 18, 2013
"great location near all must see sights"
Great location, great breakfast (included), room clean an quiet. Free newspapers a nice addition
2 night trip May 5, 2013
Margaret
"Old City"
Well I know it is a necessity but I hate renovations. Especially historic Philadelphia, Pa. Unfortunately that is exactly what was hapening there. The lobby looked horrible!
Other trip Apr 25, 2013
"Cool spot."
The hotel had an old time house feel to it. Hope that makes sense... The room was cool but parking is terrible in this area. I guess parking on a Saturday night will be an issue all over the city. The room felt more like an actual bedroom. Like you are visiting a friends house or something. Which is cool because sometimes hotel rooms can feel sterile. I would stay there again. The room was clean. It smelled clean too. I noticed small things like the wall paper peeling very slightly. I notice the small details but the next person may not. The staff is nice.
Other trip Apr 22, 2013
"Great spot"
There is a lot of construction surrounding the hotel (visited in April 2013) so it was quite noisy in the morning when we were trying to sleep in, but the location is otherwise great. It is an easy walking distance to most historic sites in Old City. The hotel has a good hot breakfast (waffles, sausage, eggs, etc), they have coffee in the lobby 24/7, tea and cookies every afternoon and a wine and cheese reception on Wednesday afternoons. The staff was friendly and helpful and the rooms are clean, although the building is very old and the bathrooms could use some updating. The water pressure in the shower seemed dependent on how many other people were showering at the same time. Overall, a great value hotel!
2 night romance trip Apr 16, 2013