All hotels in Sonoma, California, United States of America
1325 Broadway, at Leveroni & Napa Roads, Sonoma, CA, 95476, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Beautiful hotel"
Nice hotel. Service was a bit slow and missed having room service available
1 night trip Jul 3, 2014
"Day stay in Sonoma"
The hotel room was right next to a very noisy event center. The parking was full of guest for the event center and the hotel did not leave enough parking for the actual paying hotel guests. It took me 30 min to hunt down a parking spot. The room amenities were average similar to those of a 3 star business hotel. In the checkout date the hotel disabled my keys before I had a chance to check out. The hotel has extremely high pricing for the average to poor service. I would not recommend this to anyone.
1 night trip Jun 29, 2014
"Cute"
The room was nice, a little dated, but okay. Bed was pretty comfortable and the room was huge.
1 night romance trip Jun 29, 2014
"Across the street from Train Town"
Very nice large hotel. The rooms are laid out in many buildings, probably at least a dozen. The pool area could use more shade and there is pool service. The pool area is not at all private; it is quite public. There is another small pool in the spa which is only available to spa guests. Rooms are spacious.
1 night trip Jun 22, 2014
Elzie
"Great location, comfy room with patio"
The lodge is a solid 4 star hotel. The hotel is clean, comfortable, and spacious. We had a walk out patio where we enjoyed wine and cigars. The hotel staff even brought us matches within minutes. Highly recommend this hotel for a stay in Sonoma.
2 night family trip Jun 11, 2014
"fantastic service, great location,great food, wind"
i loved every minute of my stay. The staff was very helpful and accommodating as well as very friendly. I would definitely recommend this hotel!!
1 night trip Jun 8, 2014
marili
Service was understaffed and practically non-existent. Pool service was the worst I've ever seen, not to mention filthy and no chairs to sit on, and no towels to use to sit on the ground. For the price I paid, I cant believe the Holiday Inn feel I got. It's hardly a Wine Country resort, although the cost is- so disappointing. Room was clean.
Response by The Lodge at Sonoma Renaissance Resort & Spa
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Lodge at Sonoma Renaissance Resort & Spa. Please accept our sincere apologies for the quality of service you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your—or our own—expectations. We are taking a second look at our pool strategy as your comment does not go over looked. I appreciate you taking the time to share this feedback and I hope we can welcome you back soon.
2 night trip with friends May 23, 2014
"1 night stay"
Wish we could have stayed longer. Hot tub was great, location was awesome and the restaurant was fabulous. If I come back to Sonoma I will stay here again!
1 night trip May 19, 2014
"Staycation Weekend"
Excellent. Staff was awesome and very knowledgeable about local sites. Jack London park was a great recommendation by the desk staff. Room was fantastic and romantic. Just can't beat a fireplace in room. Very reasonable price for what you get.
1 night trip Nov 23, 2013
Skyjamr
"nice"
nice facility. Exceptionally actually
1 night trip May 11, 2014
PGF
First of all, the hotel is beautiful! It's comfortable and clean. Second, I heard little to no noise the whole time. But most of all, the staff must have all graduated top of the class in hospitality! They were polite, helpful and never made you feel as if you were bothering them. I needed my tv fixed so I called the front desk and they had a man up to fix it in less than 5 minutes. He was polite and fast. Thanks! I will stay again next time im am in Sonoma.
1 night trip May 4, 2014
"Fantastic place to stay"
Great service. Called and let them know I wouldn't be arriving until 2 am and it was not problem. Comfortable beds, great spot to sleep in Sonoma.
1 night trip Apr 30, 2014
Lucas
"Pretty hotel"
Was here for one night on a girls' trip. Wish we could have stayed longer b/c the setting was very pretty. There was a free shuttle that took you into town, which was only about five minutes from the hotel.
1 night trip with friends Apr 28, 2014
"Great location!!!"
Hotel and staff were excellent! Great location, pool area very nice.
Other trip Apr 23, 2014
Ana
"Very nice hotel in Sonoma."
We had an excellent stay at this hotel. Grounds and lobby were impeccable.
Other trip Apr 17, 2014
"Very nice hotel"
We spent only 1 night but got there in time for free wine tasting. Then got the free shuttle to downtown, had dinner then called the hotel to pick us up. We purchased the breakfast with our room and very pleased we did. It was excellent!!!!
Other trip Apr 13, 2014
outstanding
1 night trip Mar 30, 2014
richard
"Nicest Hotel in Sonoma"
The best hotel in Sonoma if thats were you are planning to stay. Very friendly staff. I had to cut my trip short and they were very nice in proviing a refund for the day I booked but could not use.
Other trip Apr 2, 2014
Our room was extremely noisy during night with fans going on and off perhaps from the outside roof. If we had booked a second night we would have requested different room. There was a price discrepancy because when we booked though Hotel.com they quoted us a Total price but the actual bill the property charged was more and the explanation from front desk was vague and they never gave us a copy or receipt..
1 night trip Mar 29, 2014
"Wine country stay"
The Lodge was beautiful. We came to visit vineyards, and the navigator at the hotel was SO helpful. She gave us cards for free tastings and made GREAT recommendations. The hotel is very convenient to downtown Sonoma and many vineyards. I would definitely return.
2 night romance trip Mar 23, 2014
Ericksons
"great hotel vey close to downtown Sonoma"
Very good experience and their restaurant is very good
Other trip Mar 16, 2014
We loved at Stay at the Sonoma Lodge it was such a wonderful hotel I cannot wait to come back. It is 1 mile form the Center of Town Square they have a shuttle that takes you. The restaurant on the premises is phenominal and we loved Jason the bartender and the front desk checkin staff. Everyone was so nice and accomodating I give it 5 stars!
2 night trip with friends Mar 7, 2014
"Better before"
The room we were given after booking through Hotels.com had a 2 inch door jam gap which allowed light and noise into the room. Room had no view and was positioned adjacent to a large fan that was disruptive when trying to sleep. Nice hotel, decent service but terrible room! i've stayed twice before and perfectly decent rooms...
1 night trip Mar 1, 2014
"Great location and wonderful amenities."
The hotel exceeded my expectations. The adjacent restaurant was amazing as well. I will definitely return to this hotel in future.
1 night trip Feb 21, 2014
Lauren
I like this hotel a great deal. However, we were in the "Broadway Building" which feels like a large, non-descript hotel. Get a room on the main site. The room was very comfortable but street noise is an issue.
1 night trip Feb 14, 2014
"Way better than expected!"
I booked this hotel blindly (as we all do on Expeida) and honestly I was a little nervous because the reviews were mixed. I also thought, based on the amenities listed, that it was another property that I have stayed at several times so that also added to my wariness.However, I could not have been more pleased with the hotel overall. The staff was VERY accommodating and VERY nice, the room was beautiful and comfortable. The bathroom layout was spacious and inviting. I did not partake in the spa services (or anything, really) but the pool and hot tub looked inviting. It was a very busy three day weekend so the hotel was booked solid. There is only one slightly negative comment - that is the walls are thin. It didn't bother me at all, but my husband was actually sick so he was in the room a lot more than I was (and might have been a bit more sensitive to the noise). The hotel offers a shuttle to the Square which is a nice amenity and the concieges were both very helpful, knowledgeable and gracious.
Other trip Feb 17, 2014
Lynda
"Fabulous resort"
Spacious room, clean, great staff, excellent shuttle service and wonderful amenities- spa and hotel coffee/wine bar delightful!
Other trip Feb 16, 2014
GNO
"Nice hotel close to wine country"
Clean, modern facility. Lovely pool and spa area. Great workout room. Nice wine tasting daily in the bar. Sadly there is no complimentary coffee offered. Selections in the restaurant are limited.
Other trip Feb 15, 2014
Annie
"descent hotel"
hotel rooms, unlike the lobby which is fresh modern and airy, are a bit dated.
Response by The Lodge at Sonoma Renaissance Resort & Spa
Thank you for your feedback! I am glad that you had a chance to enjoy our lobby space. We renovated it two years ago and it has been well received. Our guest rooms will be renovated at the end of this year, so please come back and experience the great new look!
1 night trip Feb 8, 2014
Bay area resident
Overpriced for what the room turned out to be. Paid the resort fee but didn't have access to the spa for a sauna etc. Good concierge.
Response by The Lodge at Sonoma Renaissance Resort & Spa
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I apologize for you not having access to the Spa, but hope that you were able to take care of the additional amenities that were offered with the Resort Fee . We have a room renoavation planned for the end of the year and hope that you will stay with us again in the near future!
1 night trip Feb 8, 2014
"Comfortable and great location"
Have stayed here many times before and always have enjoyed it. Nice wine tasting in lobby before heading out for dinner.
1 night trip Jan 18, 2014
Diane & Steve
"Not what I paid for."
I was disappointed with the hotel room because I thought I bought a garden view and king size bed. When I arrived I was put in a room with a double bed and it was not a garden view. They were sold out. Hotel needs to be updated. This is not a four stR hotel. More like 2.5 stars.
Other trip Jan 20, 2014
"Nice place and extraordinary staff!"
Really enjoyed my stay! The grounds of the resort are lovely and well maintained. The staff is excellent. I've stayed at many hotels (business and personal) and found this place to be the best in customer service! The food was great all around...from the restaurant, wine bar, room service, etc - all was top notch. The guests ranged from couples to families and all were friendly and appeared to be having a great time. The resort common areas seemed to encourage social interaction and made the overall experience more fun. The rooms were fine. Nothing special, but not bad either.
Other trip Jan 20, 2014
"Nice hotel but F&B questionable"
Room exceeded expectations. Nice, spacious, and very clean. Seemed well maintained except for the toilet paper dispenser that was broken. Front desk, shuttle driver & bellmen were all great. Disappointed with the quality of the food for room service and very displeased with the service we had @ Carneros for breakfast. Both room service's pricey filets were discovered to be charred after the wife and I returned to the room from a night out. We wondered why our kids barely touched them and were still hungry (they ate the fries). I don't blame them as I wouldn't have eaten that. Dining in house was bad too. To make a long story short service was horrid. To compound the bad service and either delayed or missing items, after we finished eating we had another couple and their daughter join us. They also got the bad service along with missing items too. Running behind for checkout due the unwelcomed lengthy breakfast, the waitress finally returned with the bill not split & a 20% large party grutuity added!! Industry standard is 18%. I normally tip 20%+ for even decent service this was a joke. I had to complain to the manager where she split the bills and took 20% off our bill. I still left the waitres $10 she didn't deserve. It's a shame as you'd think in Sonoma good food/service would be at this 4-star resort. They need to to do better. Otherwise everything else was great I just wouldn't recommend anyone eating here.
1 night trip Dec 30, 2013
Steven Z.
"Terrible service at the front desk spoiled my stay"
Terrible service at the front desk spoiled my stay. Front desk insisted on charging a daily resort fee that clearly should not have been charged, and was curt, rude, and condescending. Had to call hotels.com so they fixed the issue by talking to the manager. Kudos to hotels.com, and FAIL to the Sonoma Renaissance. Will stay at the Fairmont next time.
3 night family trip Dec 20, 2013
"Terrible service spoiled my stay"
Terrible service in the front desk spoiled my stay. I had fully paid the hotel when booking, and yet was charged a "resort fee" on a daily basis. Tried to explain that this fee should not be charged to me, but the woman I had the "pleasure" of dealing with was rude and patronizing, treating me as if I were clueless and had never stayed at anything but a one star hotel. Did not want to keep arguing with her, is I simply said OK. Of course, called hotels.com and thankfully will be reimbursed for that charge. Just wish I remembered the name of that front desk woman, as she has no clue how to treat customers
3 night family trip Dec 20, 2013
"Out of the blue, charged an extra $20 per day fee"
This is my first VERY NEGATIVE experience booking a hotel in hotels.com. The hotel out of the blue charged us a $20 "resort fee" per day to each of the rooms in our family vacation. This was not an optional fee, but obligatory. And this was NOWHERE ADVERTISED when booking in hotels.com. Really disappointing, to be charged an arbitrary $20 a day "resort fee" (we didn't use any facilities, i.e. no spa, no nothing... and they charged for those separately anyways!) after having paid in full in hotels.com (at a tune of over $300 a night to boot). Felt like a complete ripoff. Will complain with hotels.com. Hopefully they will be more receptive than the rude staff at the Sonoma Renaissance (boy was the woman in the counter rude and condescending to some in our party).
"an unequivocal "meh""
this place is ok if you are not going to be at the hotel that much. It doesn't leave a huge impression either way. while not lovely, it's not charming either. they also failed on the little things: no in room menu, forgot things on the order, that type of thing. HEADS UP: hotels.com tells you there is no resort fee but there is. This hotel took it off but there is definitely a miscommunication going on.
1 night trip Dec 7, 2013
"Another great stay at The Lodge at Sonoma!"
Loved it - beautiful room overlooking the interior patio and pool. Heated hot tub and pool was great for a late night tub and swim before bed and again in the am. Sunny day meant a great lunch by the pool. Great wine selection. The hotel was clean, upscale and dressed up for the holidays. We ended up extending out stay. Higher priced than some of the cheaper places in town, but well worth the price for a great weekend. Close to everything. Great bike shop a block or so away - we rented bikes and rode through the beautiful surrounding hills.
1 night trip Nov 28, 2013
Anne F
"Wine country"
The manager and front desk staff worked hard to help us. Upon check in we were upgraded from a room to a cottage. We had a problem with our fireplace The first night. We were given a huge suite for our second night and a free breakfast. The suite is lovely, but quite a walk from the parking lot. Very beautiful well manicured gardens throughout the property. The restaurant is great. We ate several meals there. The free wine tasting and Thursday evening pouring made for a fun evening. The locals are very friendly. The free breakfast was on Sunday morning. The buffet was served about 20 minutes after opening. We were expecting food sooner. BUT again the food was very good. I joined the hotel group for a hike and enjoyed the community and information given.
2 night trip Nov 21, 2013
Loved Sonoma
"room was not ready at 4PM checkin"
We arrived exactly at 4PM and we were told that the room was not ready. It was not until 40 minutes later that it was ready -- when you have a newborn in tow this is quite the inconvenience, especially given how much the room was. As we paid for the room in full through hotels.com already, the staff said they couldn't give us a discount --- as a result we will never prepay in full in the future when given a chance to pay at a hotel. Also, the room doesn't have black out curtains over the plantation shutters on the patio doors so the east facing room got bright in the morning as the light leaked through the shutters.
1 night trip Nov 2, 2013
"Beware Extra Charges"
An otherwise wonderful stay to celebrate a friend's 80th birthday was marred by an undisclosed "resort" charge of $20/day. Even the list of the 'daily resort amenities' on the key cover does not disclose that there's a charge or what it is, nor does your website. The only note on the website is a 'surcharge' for internet access (typically a guest reserves the right to decline). Some of the items on the list include discounts which the guest is clearly paying for through the daily charge (totals less than $20). It also includes some items that a guest would rationally considered to be free at an upscale resort with upscale room charges, i.e. access to hotel's fitness center & overnight self-parking (this is NOT in an urban area!). The only thing going for them is that they "waived" the charge when I complained about non-disclosure (I'll know when my credit card bill comes through if they did so.) This needs to be disclosed on website.
1 night trip Oct 30, 2013
"The Lodge at Sonoma"
Our first vacation to the Sonoma and Napa Wine Country, and easy access for day travel to Napa. Convenient "Caneros Bistro & Bar" restaurant on the property with an excellent menu for breakfast and dinner. Beautiful pool and lounging area outside. Comfortable lobby with sunny view. Wine bar and tastings in the afternoons. We did not have time to use the spa.
Other trip Oct 8, 2013
B
We left our room in late morning and returned at 3:00 PM. The room temp was around 85 degrees. Stifling!!. We call ed front desk and were advised that he airconditioner automatically shut off when we were not in the room. Our room faced the late afternoon sun on the 2nd floor. The temperature was over 90 outside. The air did not get cool for 20-30 minutes and it took an hour for the room temp to drop to a satisfactory level. This is a ludicrous policy for a hotel that charges $$$ a day. Motel 6 maybe, but Marriott????
6 night trip Sep 9, 2013
"Wonderful experience!"
We wanted a quiet, comfortable room, a good pool, a spa and a luxury experience. The Lodge excelled on all counts. The only problem was that I never wanted to leave!
Other trip Sep 5, 2013
"Even in wine country, details matter"
Sometimes it's the little things that add up form an impression. I'd phoned two days before arrival to remind about some requests I'd made when booking the room to avoid triggering my allergies. At check-in, I asked again; there was no record of my requests.The man who checked us in after the resulting delay didn't mention was in a hotel consisting mostly on one-story cottages set amid pleasant gardens, our room would be at the top of a steep flight of outdoor stairs. I wouldn't have turned down his offer of help with our bags had I known. In the room, there were no slippers, a pen but no note pad by the phone, and, as we discovered after dinner, no working TV. The picture would appear, shrink to about quarter screen size, and then disappear completely. It took a total of more than an hour and two calls to the front desk to bring help. The staffer who turned up was clearly annoyed to have been summoned past midnight and in the end did nothing to fix the problem. Other negatives: noisy groups late at night and early in the morning, particularly around the pool; crowded parking lots; sprinklers that sprayed across narrow walkways.
Other trip Aug 14, 2013
Eeyore
"Good location with very nice restaurant"
When I arrived the air conditioning system was dripping water from overhead. I alerted front desk and "engineer" was sent to fix. Same thing on day two. By third night I was too tired to bother and at some point the dripping began to ice and heat was coming out of air conditioning unit (ugh!). Beware that this hotel hosts weddings and the pool area can get quite noisy late at night, thanks to guests who have had too much to drink.
Other trip Aug 12, 2013
High Standards
"Nice but not for the money"
We paid over $500 for a cottage. We had 3 people staying so needed the fold out bed. They called to ask if we needed anything and we let them know we would like the fold out bed pulled out. We arrived home from dinner and no one had come to the room. So we called again and someone came by with sheets. No pillows, no blankets, no offer to make the bed. Also in the morning, we had room service and brought coffee and they did not send any milk or sugar. Just sort of no attention to detail. I thought this was pretty lame for the price. Also there were barely any towels and the products smell terrible. The pool and grounds were very, very nice.
Other trip Aug 12, 2013
"It was OK."
We've arrived right at the check-in time, but the room wasn't ready. We've waited by the pool for their phone call to me cell, but they forgot about it. We did not get into the room till an hour later, but no complimentary drinks or anything. I've paid for room with breakfast, but we were told that the breakfast was not included. Luckily, I had Expedia confirmation mail with me on my phone, and I was able to show that to the front. They did give us the voucher, but I believe the guy was still a bit skeptical about my booking. It did not make me very comfortable staying there. The pool was crowded by the families with kids, and no chaise lounge chair available every time we've try to get one. The pool attendants weren't very on top of their job, so many chairs were just occupied by the wet towels. My pool at home is much nicer, so I decided to forget about hanging out by the pool, but my daughter was determined to get a chair. After she finally found one, she realized it was too noisy with small children and retrieved to the room. The free shuttle to the town was a nice option. Since I didn't want to drink and drive, it gave me a opportunity to enjoy a cocktail with dinner. You just call the number and they will come pick you up right away. The driver was very friendly, and gave us some ideas on where to eat also. If you are planning a family trip here, I think it's a good place to stay. I much rather find a quiet hotel next time.
Other trip Jul 18, 2013
Niko
The mattress was horrendous. The room was nice and the grounds were very nice, but all of our backs were killing us.
2 night trip Jul 3, 2013