All hotels in Irving, Texas, United States of America
5000 Plaza Dr, Irving, TX, 75063, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Worst hotel ever, not even worth a star"
This is no question the worst hotel that I have ever stayed in and I have stayed in many. To begin with, the front desk is inefficient and rude. They would not even greet when you practically stand face-to-face with them. I originally planed to stay for a night, then extended it for one more. I told the general manager I want to stay in the same room and he said he would take care of it. At the end of the day when I came back to the room, they had packed all my stuff and hauled it away. The lady at the front desk did not even offer an apology and simply said she would let the general manager know. For the 30+ years that I have traveled, I have never stayed in a hotel with such an unprofessional staff. It is very noisy at night. A train or a plane passes by with loud noise every few minutes. Tiles in the bathroom are cracked. Carpet in the room is dirty. They exchanged coins for washing machines and dryers and then told you the dryers are all broken after you have finished washing your clothes and claimed there are out-of-order signs on the dryers.
1 night business trip Mar 11, 2015
"Great personnel"
Great happy hour, young lady from Puerto Rico good hostess
Other trip Mar 12, 2015
"Good beds, good coffee"
Good value for what you get. I always appreciate a King size bed since I'm 6'5" and a restful sleep after 10 hours flying the previous day was imperative. The breakfast setup was also good and the coffee was above average.
1 night romance trip Mar 2, 2015
"Very convenient! Clean, comfortable"
We stayed at this hotel because we had an early flight the next day. Service was great! They also offer an airport shuttle. The only thing I didn't care for was the small elevator.
1 night family trip Mar 2, 2015
"Great price, Great stay!"
Hotel shuttle is convenient. Rooms are very nice and comfortable. Especially for the price it was outstanding. Front desk help was courteous and SO HELPFUL on both night and morning shift. Night shift gave me a phone charger as mine had died. Morning shift looked online to find me reservations as my flight had been cancelled. Would definitely recommend this place. Only drawback is nothing much close to eat. Dominoes delivers, and the hotel shuttle will take you to other restaurants to eat.
1 night family trip Feb 22, 2015
l m
"Place to sleep"
Just needed a place to sleep for am early flight. That worked!
Other trip Feb 24, 2015
Dani
"Seasoned traveler."
Convienent to the airport. Friendly & helpful staff.
1 night family trip Jan 26, 2015
Marilyn
Close to the airport. Looks like they are doing a little needed upgrading. Good place to stay if you have an early flight, shuttle service is offered
1 night trip with friends Feb 17, 2015
Cynthia
"Rooms was nice, but hotel needs serious updating"
This hotel is fine for in and out of the airport - Needs serious updating, but the room was very clean and the mattress was great, which is a big plus in anyone's book. No place nearby to eat except a What a Burger attached to a gas station 3 blocks away.
Other trip Feb 19, 2015
"One night stay"
Hotel should be rated a 2. The hotel is a little run down. The worst part is that the door had a 2 inches gap at the bottom and you could hear everyone outside the hall. I could also hear the man next room coughing all night long. No rest at this hotel.
Other trip Feb 19, 2015
patty
"Clean but very unreliable shuttle service"
The one downside to this hotel is that they didn't have a shuttle service to the airport that was reliable. They had NO availability to run shuttles to the airport at 7:30 am on a Monday morning. This, of course, seemed odd to me considering that is probably one of the busiest travel times of the day. When I needed to get to the airport, they didn't have a shuttle that would just up and go, you had to sign up for a time slot. The time slots I needed ranged from 6:55am to 8:30am. NOTHING IN BETWEEN. Ridiculous considering I mainly booked this hotel because it was close to the airport and I was relying on their shuttle service. I got an uber instead.
1 night trip Feb 15, 2015
Elea
"Not enjoyable night's stay"
Beds uncomfortable and breakfast not very appetizing. Coffee way too strong and bitter. Rooms has old carpet full of dust. Not enough pillows.
1 night family trip Feb 11, 2015
"Pass on this one."
Difficult to find. Cramped suite. Decor feels like the 7 ' s & needs update.
2 night family trip Feb 11, 2015
"No sleep for you"
The bed was extremely uncomfortable lumpy and old, something was taken off the wall left big square different color no paint touch up done, no toilet paper holder, refrigerator very noisy all night long, tile broken on floor not repaired. Room looked like it was a fixer upper to be done. I was very disappointed as we were trying to get a good nights rest before starting a 1500 mile drive from Dallas Tx to Calif. No good nights sleep for us to start this trip!! I do not recommend this hotel.
1 night romance trip Feb 12, 2015
Mollie
"Flooded Hallway Next To Work Rooms-Noisy"
$100 a night hotel - not to standards. There was a major leak in the room between my room and access to the main hotel (a swamp to walk through for 5-6 hours) that was ignored by the young gentleman at the front desk for multiple requests to do something about it (did not appear to know what he was doing or handle his job very well). Rated a two because the young lady who was at the desk during the day/early hours was massively above average and attentive and a professional or I would have said all 0's or barely 1's. I believe it was the owner that dried it up overnight that I had spoken too (not into smelly standing water for the course of the afternoon/ evening). No room move or discounts were offered, which was disappointing as I was in the absolute worst room in the hotel to begin with for a pricey hotel. Was placed on the first floor on the side that housed all the business offices and was connected to/next to the handyman's room a few doors down from the laundry room with both the doors wide open so I could see the ugly views - experience the both very noisy rooms. My own room was tiny...barely fit a lounge chair. Ice maker was not connected so couldn't use it, it was more kitchen than living area though the floor plan worked well enough...obviously a regular room converted to a suite as the bed was tucked between the bathroom and kitchen area. Not at all what I be expected from Hawthorne Suites for $100 a night!
Other trip Feb 15, 2015
"Good deal for the price"
It was fine, noisy room, put on second floor facing runway.
1 night business trip Feb 11, 2015
Blair
"Nice Hotel, but airport noise unavoidable"
If you're in an airport facing room, it will be noisy. Not the hotel's fault, just a matter of fact.
1 night business trip Feb 7, 2015
"airport stay"
one night to be at airport for flight.
1 night business trip Feb 5, 2015
edward
"DFW airport"
for a budget range airport, this was excellent. Large clean room, 5 minutes from the airport. I have stayed in others at DFW and this was the best, partly because they use their own van to shuttle not a shared van. It was there to pick-up within 5 minutes and easy to book the return
1 night business trip Jan 29, 2015
Ian
"Just to pass by and sleep"
Passing by overnight stay flying the next day. This is not a hotel because has no restaurant, not ar. To eat you must call delivery. Breakfast can't be considered a breakfast. If you are in a hurry and solves your overnight stay you can use it. No other reason for staying there.
1 night business trip Feb 1, 2015
John a.
"Decent experience."
The people who work at this hotel couldn't have been more helpful or accommodating. Very pleasant. Our stay was fine, nothing exceptional, but nothing to complain about either. The hotel is plain, nothing fancy. Location as far as getting to a place to eat without a car was not easy.
2 night romance trip Jan 26, 2015
Lynn
"Dallas Trip"
Nice room and the guy who checked me in/out was great. They did not have any restraurant options within walking distance. That was the only downside.
1 night business trip Jan 21, 2015
Clint
"Just crash"
just an overnight to catch a plane, but very dreary and depressing. Huge unnecessary refrigerator in room made noise all night. No bar, no food except frozen pizza. breakfast was okay, though.
1 night trip Jan 8, 2015
Jean
we didnt get the room we reserved online. how could we reserve the room in the first place if it wasnt available.
Other trip Jan 22, 2015
"great"
Got there late and had a little mixup about our stay but got it worked out and everyone was so nice and helpful.
Other trip Jan 22, 2015
memaw
"very comfortable"
All amenities wi fi, free breakfast. Room had full kitchette with stove, frig, and microwave, iron and ironing board and hairdryer. Hotel older but clean
1 night trip Jan 17, 2015
theresa
"Horrible"
I pre-paid 2 nights at this hotel but due to travel issues, I fortunately only had to spend one night here. The hotel is nice from the outside, but I was very disappointed once I got inside. I could tell the property was not very well maintained. Baseboards were missing, the elevator was dirty, etc. I will say the desk clerk was very nice and I had talked with him the night before when I was not able to check in due to missing my flight because of weather issues. My room was awful. The extra security latch on the door was broken off. Based on the condition/look of the property, I did not feel safe in my room, so I wedged a chair under the door handle. The bathroom was missing some tile. Also the airvent to my room was covered with black soot and dust. The room temp was 65 degrees. I raised the temp and went to bed but only after looking closely at the bedding. The pillows were sweat stained. I double pillowcased one pillow and went to sleep. In the morning the room was 64 degrees! There was no hot water. I had to check out at 3:15 in the morning thankfully so I was only there a few hours. I told the desk clerk about the temperature and no hot water. He said they could have changed my room had they known. Granted when the room was cold upon arriving I could have asked for another room, but I figured the temp would go up while I was sleeping. The furnishings were in poor condition. I will be writing to the hotel manager.
Other trip Jan 15, 2015
Rosanne
"business travel to DFW"
If one needs a shuttle from DFW do not stay here. Shuttle service very poor. Eveing front desk clerk was a moron.
1 night business trip Jan 12, 2015
JAY
"Just ok hotel"
Personel need a huge improvement in people skills.
Other trip Jan 9, 2015
"We WILL be back!"
A wonderful hotel.My in-laws drove us several hours to DFW for an early next day departure. We decided to spend 1 night at Hawthorn suites. I was worried when I found out our rooms were next to the elevator but there was no noise. Once in a while a plane flew overy but by 930 those ceased. Breakfast was started at 7 but we had to leave prior to 7. The lady setting up allowed us to grab a few things to take along. The front desk clerk was efficient, kind, and helpful. The rooms were clEan and had all we needed. This was like a luxury stay hotel for a fraction of the cost
1 night family trip Jan 3, 2015
"Pleasantly surprised!"
I was a bit skeptical because of the amazing pricing listed for a night's stay ($55), but when I arrived I was pleasantly surprised! The hotel was clean, the staff was accommodating, the airport shuttle ran 24-7 and the breakfast was good. I had initially only booked one night as a layover for travel, on my return to fly out again that same week I stayed a second night.
1 night trip with friends Jan 2, 2015
"Not bad not great"
One night stay to catch an early flight. While not a bad one night stay and the room was comfortable. The Hotel was nearly empty. It's set up like an extended stay. The room on the surface was very clean and large. The only thing about the room is that the hotel is obviously dated and there where numerous maintenance related issues. The shower head sucked, no water pressure at all, toilet ran, drain in sink was missing stop, the cabinet doors on the kitchen where broken. No conditioner was provided and the two towels where the size of hand towels. The elevator for the three floors takes an astonishing amount of time. For the price It's ok but pretty average.
1 night business trip Jan 4, 2015
"Convenient and comfortable"
While not a super luxurious hotel, the accommodations were clean and adequate. The guy at the front desk was really helpful, and he even upgraded our room for free! The free breakfast included a pretty wide range of options, and there is a free shuttle to the airport. So all in all, a convenient and comfortable stay!
1 night trip with friends Jan 4, 2015
Anna
"Great night"
Very relaxing. Loved the hospitality. Had a layover and they took me directly to wherei had to board for my next flight.
1 night business trip Dec 27, 2014
Joel
"Super"
Good room, a little noisy from the airplanes landing/taking off. Breakfast was great!! Shuttle to the airport was super!!!
1 night family trip Jan 1, 2015
"Great layover"
This was a perfect place for a layover with 24-hour airport shuttle service.
1 night romance trip Dec 27, 2014
Susan P
"Front desk put us in bad situation"
Hotel was ok but shuttle to the airport was full so the front desk called us a cab. The cab wasn't a registered cab just some sketchy guy and he charged twice as much as a cab would have been. Criminal. Front desk should have called a reputable company. Very shady situation, bad experience
1 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
Heidi
"Ok"
Hotel is trying real hard. Appears to be an older property that was taken over and is being updated. Breakfast was good and staff warm and friendly. Beds were somewhat hard and pillows were exceptionally thin - that's our only real complaint.
1 night family trip Dec 24, 2014
"Business Trip to Dallas"
It's not bad for the price. Room key did not work right away so I had to go back to the lobby with my bags to get the key coded again. Hot breakfast was decent. Plenty of restaurants nearby which is always a plus. One small elevator for everyone, the side stairway carpets were stained badly, and the stairwells had a musky smell to them. Room was clean but you get cheap, flat pillows for your bed. All in all, 3 out of 5.
1 night business trip Dec 8, 2014
"Great Hotel if you need quick access to airport"
Hawthorn Suites is minutes away from the airport - I was staying while attending a convention at the DFW Airport Hyatt, and it was less than 10 minutes (worst case) in transit time. The hotel is fine - breakfast was pretty high quality as free hotel breakfasts go, but the room had a few minor issues (the water fixtures leaked). Generally a fine stay, with a few minor issues - I'd stay here again without hesitation.
3 night trip Nov 20, 2014
Timothy
"Very dissappointing"
It was very disappointing. It took almost an 1 1/2 hours for the shuttle to pick us up at the airport, at 9:00 at night! We had 3 little children with us! It was only a 10 min drive once they came! There were lots of people leaving real early in the morning and they made no provisions for a bag breakfast, not even juice or yogurts. The room was near the lobby and sound was not stopped by the door, someone was having fun late into the night! I would avoid this hotel, the service was poor.
1 night family trip Nov 8, 2014
"Okay..."
The first time I was there, parking while traveling was free; this time they charged me $10 per day. The mattress was too soft and I had difficulty sleeping - others may think it is great, but too soft for me. Took them nearly an hour to get to the airport to pick me up after I returned. The person I called on the phone told me to wait for the van at one place; the driver told me I should have waited at another place and started to belittle me. My overall rating is an average of my two stays - a 5 the first time and a 3 this time. Check in was quick and simple, they had my reservation on hand and we were on our way to the room in a couple of minutes. Wireless internet was reliable. Restaurants are not near by, but the access from the freeway is quick and easy.
1 night trip Oct 23, 2014
"close to airport"
very nice hotel but when we needed the free shuttle to the airport in the morning we couldn't get it and had to pay for a taxi. very disappointed.
Other trip Oct 23, 2014
airport shuttle was right on time and easy!
1 night family trip Oct 19, 2014
"Close to the airport, good shuttle service"
Good value, close to the airport, good shuttle service, very adequate breakfast, yes I would stay there on my next trip,
Other trip Oct 21, 2014
"Great layover spot"
It was a very short stay but a great place to nap before an early morning departure
Other trip Oct 15, 2014
"Served the purpose..."
The hotel location was perfect. It took less than ten minutes to arrive at the terminal. This hotel is in need of a facelift (inside and out). Showing the age and use. It could be a lovely transition place for stranded travelers awaiting a flight. Too bad the proprietors are more interested in the cash than the comfort.
1 night family trip Oct 8, 2014
NanaJoy
Very good rate Quality/Price. Breakfast in quantity, Rooms clean and pleasant. And not a lot of noise due to airport proximity
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
Michel
"Not what I thought it would be..."
I booked thru hotels.com and when I got to the hotel, it was not what I was booked. The A/C was loud and it was hard to sleep.
1 night trip Sep 13, 2014
"DFW HAWTHORNE"
the hotel was clean. The side door badge reader didn't work so I had to go all the way around in the middle of the night. Housekeeping started cleaning loudly at 0700 and my flight got in at midnight so that was a great wake up. I was surprised that there was a kitchenette but no utensils to make anything if you chose to cook.
1 night business trip Sep 18, 2014