All hotels in Irving, Texas, United States of America

Food is not good
    Poor vibe
  • Wellness
    Poor wellness & sports facilities
There was no AC we didn't even sleep that night it was so hot in the room.they would not even refund us our money
Response by Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham DFW Airport North
I am sorry to here about this. It is always best to contact the front desk immediately about your concern rather than wait until the following morning. This way allow us the opportunity to resolve the issue at hand in a timely manner. I am very sorry that you had a bad experience with. We will be very thankful to have another opportunity to serve you better.
1 night family trip Aug 18, 2015
Maria
"Convenient to the airport to stay..but musty!"
We had a quick stay so we could get to the airport early in the morning. The room itself seemed clean, however it smelled wet, musty, and moldy...almost a sour smell. Otherwise, it would've been very good. Shuttle services were very good, however.
Response by Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham DFW Airport North
Thank you for your time sharing your review with us. We were delighted to have you here. I priority is to ensure our guest comfort and to make certain that they leave the hotel with a memorable experience. Your comment means a lot to us and we have shared it with our maintenance department for further investigation of your room. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward having another opportunity to serve you in the near future.
1 night family trip Aug 17, 2015
Roy
"Good location near DFW"
Checkin was quick. Had a quick breakfast before our early flight. Right by two of The Parking Spot locations or you can park at hotel. Only negative was the lobby and hallways were very warm; air conditioning didn't seem to be working.
Response by Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham DFW Airport North
Thank you for taking the time to complete the review from Expedia. we welcome our guest feedback because we believe that our guest knows best. we have placed an order for ac unit for the entire hotel and we are just waiting on the delivery at any moment. It will be a pleasure serving you again
Other trip Aug 18, 2015
My room was supposed to be a suite.i was traveling so I paid extra money to leave my car there when I came back I called for the van was told 30 minutes over a hour I ended up getting a taxi 30 dollars.i should not have had to pay.was told by the clerk when I told her that the van was at the terminal then.as if it were my fault.will not use them again,nor advice anyone else to use.
Response by Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham DFW Airport North
Thank you for staying with us. We work hard to ensure our guest comfort and happiness. It seems that we fell short meet and exceeding your expectation. i do apologize for the delay at the airport.
Other trip Aug 16, 2015
"Great value"
Last minute stay due to Flt delay. Shuttle came quickly and they allowed me to check in early. Shuttle later brought me to the store. Staff was very friendly and although an older property very well maintained.
Response by Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham DFW Airport North
Your review of the property means a lot to us. thank you for taking the time to complete the survey send by Expedia. we were delighted to have you here and we look forward see you again in the near future. Thank you for sharing your experience
1 night family trip Jul 26, 2015
Jeantte
"Had to wait an ungodly amount of time for Ice!"
This review has been rejected three times and at no time has it gone against any of the review rules. The staff was rude the service was bad, I almost fell through the floor but my room was comfortable and clean.
Response by Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham DFW Airport North
we did bought a new ice machine for all floors in the hotel. I am truly sorry for the difficulties you had while staying with us. this is not the norm for this hotel. We will be very thankful to have another opportunity to serve you better.
Other trip Jul 31, 2015
Krista
"Yuck!"
Great location but our room was old, the buttons on the phone did not work, the elevator was out of order and the pool was not only crumbling but the hot tub was green. I looked in some other rooms and they were not all as bare bones as ours. I think they gave us this room because we had small children. The positives were the close proximity to airport and the room was big.
Response by Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham DFW Airport North
Thank you for your comments and feedback during you stay with us. I am very happy to update you that we have assigned our chief engineering to an extensive preventive maintenance in all our rooms. any concern regarding our guest is taken very seriously in this hotel. We continue to strive our very best for excellence at all time. I am very sorry that we fell short from exceeding your expectation .
1 night family trip Jul 27, 2015
"No."
Awful bed. Dirty linens. Scary dangerous elevator. No AC in 3rd floor hallway. Flat pillows.
Response by Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham DFW Airport North
Thank you for staying with us. We work hard to ensure our guest comfort and happiness. Your feedback is currently under review. We take any issue pertaining to out guest very seriously
1 night family trip Jul 26, 2015
Kirk
"40 Minutes for Ice!"
My room was clean and comfortable and that was about the only thing going for this hotel. The ice machine was out of order and after coming in from 106 degree weather, I really needed ice water. I went to the front desk like the sign asked me to but there was a huge long line of people checking in and one clerk was helping them and the other was doing nothing, I waited in line with my ice bucket and when I got to the front I asked one clerk for ice, the other clerk turned to him and said we have no ice, then he asked me to wait a moment, I did. Then a few minutes later the shuttle driver came in and they asked him to get ice, he headed toward the back and they told him that they meant from the store. I asked if they could just call my room when it was ready, they said it would just be a minute, it was 20 minutes. The hallway has a ton of holes under the carpet and I almost broke my ankle stepping in one of them. The elevator smells like its about to catch fire and the smoke detector in my room was torn from the ceiling.
Other trip Jul 28, 2015
Krista
great hotel, close to everything, staff was very helpful and eager to please
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
"Get what you pay for"
We most definitely got what we paid for. Hotel lobby was hot, could hear neighbors through thin walls. Purchased our own toilet paper due to poor quality. Ice machine was broken at time of need.
Response by Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham DFW Airport North
Thank you for your review. we are currently reviewing your comments at this time. We asked for your understanding while we contained working on improving our service.
4 night family trip Jul 19, 2015
Jonathan
"Good airport hotel"
Good clean hotel with all the necessary amenities; free wifi, free breakfast and shuttle service to/from DFW.
Response by Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham DFW Airport North
Thank you for the rating our hotel with such a high score. We really appreciate this and we were happy to have you here with us. we look forward to another opportunity to serve you in the near future
1 night business trip Jul 22, 2015
"Not good hotel"
Wifi was really slow, ice machine broken, no shade outside by the pool! That is why we did not like it & will not recon men this hotel to our friends or family.
Response by Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham DFW Airport North
Thank you for your feedback. Our hotel is in the process of under going a major renovation. We just purchase this hotel on February and we are in the process of updating the hotel to better fit all of our guests need it our pleasure to put a smile on your face. we hope to see you again soon
Other trip Jul 23, 2015
guadalupe
"Satisfied"
The Staff Was Extremely,,, Friendly... And Very Helpful.My out of town guest, was very comfortable; for our business trip.
2 night business trip Jul 15, 2015
Kimberley
Very lumpy mattress, poor lighting and odd room design. Although we arrived very late and didn't watch television, it was located so far from the bed I would not have been able to see what was going on very well. The late night receptionist was unfriendly at best.
1 night family trip Jul 15, 2015
There was only one person on duty; she was swamped. Ice machine broken, general creepy feeling, bad neighborhood. I was going to leave my car there, but I was afraid it wouldn't be there when I got back.
1 night trip with friends Jul 12, 2015
"Clean hotel near airport"
I only stayed one night and had to leave very early the next day to catch my flight so I didn't get a chance to experience the breakfast buffet. Everything else was very good, including the courtesy shuttle to airport.
Other trip Jul 14, 2015
Alicia
There was food on the floor, refrigerator was propped up with wash cloth, ice makers were broken on all three floors. But the beds were comfortable
1 night family trip Jul 8, 2015
"Disappointing"
I needed a hotel for an overnight layover in Dallas. This one had a 24 hour shuttle service and the Wyndham name. When we got to the airport to call the shuttle, the hotel wasn't even in the airports system to use the courtesy phone so I had to hunt the number down and call myself then we had to wait a very long time for them to get there (July in Dallas after a rainstorm-we were puddles of hot and tired). I thought that being by Wyndham that I would get a nice hotel room, but what I got was an old hotel room for the price of a new one. You can tell that there was an attempt at upgrading the rooms, but the carpet was old and worn, there was mildewed caulk in the bathroom, mattresses were really old. Tiles were loose and wobbly, etc. I wish I would have just gone with the Holiday Inn express or Hyatt. Those shuttles ran like clockwork and the hotels are consistent.
Other trip Jul 10, 2015
Dissappointed
"not worth it"
the location is great because you're less that 10 minutes away from the airport but there's many other hotels in the same area so if you can just stay somewhere else. the rooms were clean enough but everything is super outdated and in poor condition - its pretty much a dump & nothing like the pictures. the front desk is rude & unhelpful. the only ones with a little courteous are the shuttle drivers. i wouldn't stay here again even if it was free.
Response by Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham DFW Airport North
Thanks for staying with us, we work hard to make our guests happy. We appreciate your feedback! It;s unfortunate that you didn't enjoy your stay with us
1 night romance trip Jul 4, 2015
guadalupe
"Horrible hotel"
Horrible conditions. First room was 86 degrees with no AC. Asked for another and it smelled so bad your eyes watered from the mold smell. They moved us to a third and once again the room was hot and the AC made so much noise you could barely sleep through it. It wouldn't cool below 78 degrees. We were just staying one night to catch an early flight for vacation like we have done so many times with hotels next to the Hawrhorn. Will never stay there again and will be sure to tell anyone we know how bad it is.
Response by Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham DFW Airport North
We have replaced our rooms with new ac units for a better comfort for all our guest. i am very sorry that you were not completely satisfied with you stay. A lot have change since your last stay with us. I am using this opportunity to invite you to visit our hotel again and, I promise you will be very please with the changes. Thank you for sharing you experience with us
1 night romance trip Jun 23, 2015
Brad
"Great value"
We arrived close to the evening time and we were greated and checked in promptly. Thought we were not informed of it they provide snacks and beer free of charge. Breakfast is one of the best there is for a hotel setting like the Hawthorne. In all great experience and rooms just keep the pool a bit cleaner and turn the AC on the halls to avoid the musty like smell.
Other trip Jun 29, 2015
"Bad experience"
I couldn't believe the USA has hotel rooms with public bathroom with a foul smell, until i walked in Hawthorne Suite in Dallas, TX. The elevator smelled like a burning rubber. I walked in and out of the room to the front desk and asked to check out,then they offered me a another room which was a little better. I decided to stay since it was after 1 am, just to check out fews hours later. The service was very poor. I waited over an hour for the hotel shuttle bus to pick me up after multiple calls to the hotel. I can go on and on.In conclusion, I was a bad experience. I will not go back there even for free.
Response by Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham DFW Airport North
Thank you for your feed back and understanding while we continue working on improving our services
2 night family trip Jun 21, 2015
machozi L.
"Not a typical Hawthorne Suites..."
I usually don't rate hotels but had a pretty bad experience at this one. Our room's AC unit was making a horrible noise and we asked to be moved to another room. The front desk was pretty perturbed that we asked this and said it would possibly make them "short" on rooms. The next room's floor was wet almost al the way to the bed. Possibly some type of plumbing leak. I didn't dare ask again to be moved.
Response by Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham DFW Airport North
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Your feedback is currently under investigation as we take any issues entertaining o our guest very seriously. We hope to see you in the near future with the hope of having another opportunity to serve you much better
1 night family trip Jun 23, 2015
Brenda
"Extremely nice"
They need more shuttle drivers other than that it was extremely nice.
Response by Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham DFW Airport North
thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit to our hotel. We are proud to informed you that we have hired 3 more driver to better accommodates our guests. It will be our pleasure to have you back here with us
1 night trip Apr 14, 2015
Roger
"Bad experience"
Carpet wet in multiple rooms our family had. They booked a party in the meeting room and let them go full blast music till 1 in the morning in a small hotel. Cops came. It was horrible planning on hotels part.
Response by Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham DFW Airport North
Thanks for staying with us, we work hard to make our guests happy. We appreciate your feedback! while we continued working on improving our service
Other trip Jun 22, 2015
"I would recommend this hotel"
It was a nice room for the price and the breakfast was good.
Response by Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham DFW Airport North
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, It was a pleasure having you here . My staff and I will be very grateful to have another opportunity to serve you again in the near future
1 night family trip Jun 11, 2015
The Hotel needed to be updated. The smell of the place is awful and people were smoking in their rooms.
Other trip Jun 16, 2015
"Worst night at a hotel in a while"
I'll start by being positive. This hotel is convenient to the airport. The rooms are also spacious and decent looking. That's about where it ends. The entire hotel is in some desperate need of some TLC. My room looked decent at first, but then you notice the curtains hanging off the rods, the broken tiles, the shoddy internet service, stained flooring... And the elevator. It bounces around and when a new person steps in, it kind of drops a bit. Scary. But the worst part has got to be the lack of sleep. Of course, other people closing their doors sounded like they were in my room, but it's not really in a party location so people were quiet, considering that the hotel was booked. The problem is that they have what should be a street light, but what actually is a spotlight pointed at the hotel. Remember the broken curtains? You can imagine how well you sleep with a spotlight pointed at you. Then, there is the railroad . I realize that they cannot control the railroad; however, you'd think there would be some sort of noise ordinance. I don't have issues with noises like trains and planes. The sound of the train itself didn't bother me at all. What i do have a problem with is railroad repairs from 12:30 am to 2:30 am. So now, not only am I in a spotlight, but it sounds like a machine gun is being fired right by my bed. Then the alarm at 5:30 at the warehouse behind it. Also, the breakfast was nasty. Rotten bananas and dirt-tasting coffee. Ugh.
Other trip May 26, 2015
dani
"Great value"
Quick overnight stay for early flight. Best value for $. Shuttle on time. Will stay here in future
Response by Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham DFW Airport North
Thank you for your time sharing your experience with us. We were delighted to have you here and we look forward seeing you in the near future.
1 night romance trip May 13, 2015
Lawrence
"Great free airport shuttle."
Airport shuttle was great. Breakfast had lots of options.
Response by Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham DFW Airport North
Thank you for the time sharing your feed back on your recent stay with us. I am glad that you were completely satisfied with your stay with us. I look for to see you in the near future if you happen to be in the Dallas area again. It was a pleasure having you ihere
1 night trip with friends May 21, 2015
Ann
"Nice place, if you ignore the elevator"
Great nights rest. Nice hotel. Wonderful breakfast. However, the elevator was a little scary. We never knew if we were going to make it up to our floor. It made weird noises, almost like it didn't have the power to make it go. But other than that, the place was great.
Response by Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham DFW Airport North
Thank you for staying with us. We work hard to ensure our guest comfort and happiness. I am excited to tell you that we did replace our Elevator with a new one just to better serve our guest. We take any issue pertaining to our guest very seriously We look forward to your soon return
1 night family trip May 19, 2015
"update,update,update"
Worst hotel I've stayed in for a while....update,update,update...don't offer a breakfast bar that looks like the one you have and hire cheerful,alert staff.
Response by Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham DFW Airport North
Thank you for staying with us. We work hard to ensure our guest comfort and happiness. we have taken your review under consideration
1 night family trip May 14, 2015
james
"you can do better"
served it's purpose but if planned to be in Dallas more than one day, I would have switched hotels.
Response by Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham DFW Airport North
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you. Most of our guest will disagree with your comments. We work hard to ensure our guest comfort and happiness. kindly share with us where we fell short making your stay with is a memorable experience
1 night trip May 18, 2015
"One night stay"
It was a quick stay for one night before heading out to the airport for our honeymoon. I do wish however that the parking while I was out of town was free. I was told when I booked the night that it would be and then when I called to confirm my reservation and asked about the parking again, was told it was $10 a night. It was too late to book anywhere else so I had to eat the $50.
Response by Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham DFW Airport North
Thank you for staying with us. We work hard to ensure our guest comfort and happiness. We look forward to your soon return
1 night romance trip Apr 26, 2015
"Good close to Airport"
Very convenient if staying just for the night between flights. Shuttle on time, clean and staff very attentive. Would stay again based on the price-quality is I have a lay over in Dallas Airport
1 night business trip May 13, 2015
Marie-Claude
"DFW close"
Decent place to stay that enabled us to be close to the airport for an early AM flight.
1 night family trip May 10, 2015
Jane
"Literally falling apart"
The toilet was literally not fixed to the floor and the tiles around it were broken. The floors squeak as well. The wifi never worked even after verifying the password. this hotel is in DIRE need of maintenance and remodeling and just plain attention. Not like any other Wyndham properties I've ever seen which are usually nice. Surprisingly the bed really was comfortable. The staff was not rude but neither overly courteous. Fortunately there are many other options in this area.
Other trip May 13, 2015
JR
"i would visit again"
It was nice, comfortable, the staff were good for the most part.
1 night business trip May 4, 2015
"Hotel staff is very unprofessional."
It took them 1 1/2 hrs. to pick us up. It was less than 3 miles away. We finally got there at 11:30 p.m.. They have a freezer with frozen snacks in it but did not have the key so we did not get to eat at all. Every time I asked who the manager was I got the run around. Never did get an answer. The room was perfect but the staff definitely needs some guidance. Waiting outside for the shuttle for an hour and a half turned 6 of us into dinner for the mosquitos. I will never stay there again. Oh, they forgot our wake up call also. Shuttle holds 6 people and runs every 45 minutes.
Other trip May 3, 2015
roblyn
"Disappointing!"
My stay began with someone trying to enter my room! Another guest had been given a key card to my room and they were attempting to enter after the front desk had assigned them the same room! Imagine both of our shock when they entered and I was standing in the room! Secondly, I attempted to check out a day early due to the lack of security, horrible conditions and I was told I must speak to the manager because I would be charged. When I tried to speak with the manager I was initially told he was in a meeting and could not talk to me and then the story changed to he was busy and could not talk to me to he would be in later that day! It was obviously apparent they did not want to be bothered! Breakfast was horrible and the pool was disgusting! The room is seriously lacking and the walls are paper thin...every noise can be heard from the airport and other guests. DEFINITELY do NOT recommend!
Response by Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham DFW Airport North
Your review is under investigation. This is not the norm to this location. Please allow us the time to look closely into your comment .
Other trip May 3, 2015
Jeremy
"Tired and roach infested"
Upon arrival, we were designated a room with a broken fan, the noisy shuttle outside, and cockroaches on the bathroom walls. The first impression leaves one wondering what happened to the maintenance workers. There are cracked tiles, partially painted walls, and broken, chipped up corners on all the angles of the rooms. The carpets are worn through and you get the feeling like the place is unloved. It's close to the DFW airport, but so are a lot of other similarly priced places. We'll try another next time we return. Had we not booked a nonrefundable deal, there's no way we would have stayed. I found myself checking the seams of the beds for bedbugs. Fortunately, I found none. That would have most certainly been a deal-breaker.
Response by Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham DFW Airport North
I respectfully disagreed with your comments. Our hotel is service weekly and we have not gotten any feedback as such. Nevertheless, it was our pleasure having you here
Other trip Apr 30, 2015
KK
"Worn Out Hotel"
Worn out older hotel in need of major face lift.
Response by Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham DFW Airport North
Thank you for staying with us. We work hard to ensure our guest comfort and happiness. I am excited to tell you that our hotel is in the process of starting renovation. We look forward to your soon return
1 night business trip Apr 27, 2015
David J
"Nice Overnight for exhausted traveller"
This is a clean, neat and good smelling place. Workers were very nice.
Other trip Apr 28, 2015
Keith
"review"
It was great
1 night romance trip Apr 22, 2015
"Close to the airport. Hotel is a little dated."
Needed a close hotel to the airport. This was very close. Hotel is a little dated but it was sufficient for what I needed. For the price I would have guessed it would have been a little nicer.
1 night business trip Apr 16, 2015
"ok for one night"
everthing about this hotel was just ok. The service was ok, the rooms were ok, and the breakfast was ok. Not sure if I would stay here again. The price was good, but everything else was fairly sub-par.
Response by Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham DFW Airport North
Thank you for staying with us. We work hard to ensure our guest comfort and happiness. I am excited to used this opportunity to tell you that our hotel is in the process or starting renovation. We hope to see you in the near future after our renovation
1 night family trip Apr 17, 2015
Rachel
"guest services"
the staff was not friendly at all. there is NO welcome, good morning event thank you simple things they don't do or think that they have to I m in the hospitality environment and that is a must if you want your client to return.
Response by Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham DFW Airport North
Thank you for your review, and the feedback regarding your recent stay with us. Your feedback has been forwarding to the front desk manager to better addressed this matter. We will use this as a training platform to.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
Mildret
"Locked out due to dispute with Expedia"
I prepaid for 2 nights through Expedia. After 1 night I was locked out of my room. The hotel said Expedia didn't pay them for second night. I showed receipt but the would let me in room until they had payment. It took two hours on the phone with Expedia to resolve. Neither the hotel or Expedia made concession for this mix up.
Response by Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham DFW Airport North
I am sorry for the any inconvenience you may have experience due to this situation. I am thankful that our staff too the initiative to contact Expedia and resolve this incident in a timely matter.
Other trip Apr 11, 2015
"easy stay"
Easy, quick, economical and friendly for an overnight connection to the airport
1 night romance trip Mar 30, 2015