All hotels in Irving, Texas, United States of America

Food is not good
    Bad amenities
  • Wellness Area
    Poor wellness & sports facilities
Terrible place to stay. Bathroom has fungus, carpet is rotten, dirty rooms. I booked for two nights, could not stay for second , moved to another hotel. Manager so greedy even refuser to refund money. Look for another place to stay. Hotels. com did not assist to get money refunded, will never use this website for booking, so useless people.
Response by Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham DFW Airport North
I am sorry that you were not completely satisfied with your stay with us. We work very hard to ensure our guest satisfaction and we take any concern pertaining to our guests very seriously. I respectfully disagree with your comments about our hotel. Nevertheless I am very excited to tell you that we are in the process of starting our renovation. It will be a honor to have you back here with us. Also we will gladly upgrade you to one of our king suite jacuzzi on your next visit with us. tank you for allowing us the opportunity to serve you.
2 night business trip Oct 8, 2015
"Basic"
Basic hotel only stayed for one night. Breakfast was okay. Don't have high expectations.
Response by Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham DFW Airport North
Thank you for your time sharing your experience with us on line. we were happy to have you here with us, and we look forward seeing you again in the near future
1 night family trip Oct 7, 2015
"Stop & Go"
Hawthorne was a nice retreat in my busy business trip filled week. The rooms are very clean, comfortable and spacious. The staff were all very respectful and helpful.
Response by Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham DFW Airport North
We truly appreciate your feedback. It was our pleasure having you here and we hope to see you again in the near future. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to serve you
1 night business trip Oct 4, 2015
April
"Just a room"
Hotel dated; carpets dirty. No extra pillows when I called down to room service. Super busy. Ranks a bit better than motel 6.
Response by Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham DFW Airport North
Thank you for your comment. Our hotel is in the process of renovation. I am happily extending an invitation to you to come back and visit us. we will gladly give you a complimentary upgrade to one of our jacuzzi suite on your next visit.
Other trip Oct 8, 2015
"Friendly Staff"
The staff was extremely kind and helpful. My only suggestion would be to turn the hottub on mid morning so by the evening it would be warm. I wasn't able to use it because it hadn't been turned on. It takes hours for a hot tub to reach peak warmth.
Response by Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham DFW Airport North
I am very sorry that you were not able to used the hot tub while you were here with us. our hotel is in the process of renovation. We look forward seeing you again in the near future. and i will make certain that the hot tub is up and functioning for your convenience
1 night family trip Oct 5, 2015
Connie
"Worst place I have ever stayed at."
Key did not open door - a staff person acting like we disturbed her came and tried and was also unable to open the door had to use an actual key to let us in and stated she would get it fixed and put new key under door, didn't happen. Nothing done about it, basically we were unable to leave the room to eat. Felt as if we were kept as a hostage as staff did nothi g to fix problem or even move us to another room. Phone did not work, clock did not work, desk stated they would give us a courtesy call, had we depended on them we would have missed our flight. Had some type of bites on body after staying there. Very rude staff, called manager Mark who refused to do anything to compensate stating that his staff offered to move us which is a lie!!!! Paid through Expedia and Mark stated due to that he is unable to compensate!!!! I should have read the reviews for 2.5 stars - in my opinion that is rating this hotel way too high!!!! DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!! There are way too many other places to stay.
Response by Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham DFW Airport North
I am very sorry that you felt that way about our hotel. Your situation as written would have been prevented. I have addressed this with the staff. It seems that we fell short of meeting and exceeding your expectation and for that I do apologized. We wouldn't want to loose you as a customer
Other trip Oct 6, 2015
Our family needed to find a hotel close to DFW following a late night flight arrival. This hotel's shuttle is 24 hours which was a big selling point for us. It was super easy; we called the hotel upon arrival and we were picked up and taken to the hotel promptly. I was expecting average accommodations, but was pleasantly surprised by the spacious, super clean room accented by granite countertops; the beds were super comfortable. Even though this is right by the airport surrounded by other hotels, the noise level was far less than I anticipated. Got a good night's sleep an onto the next day. This location has a lot of appeal for business travelers or those needing a nearby option for a late flight arrival.
Other trip Oct 6, 2015
Cadams
"Poor communications"
Their airport shuttle service is poor. I arrived at about 10pm and called to ask if the shuttle was on an automatic schedule. The woman said it is automatic until 1:30, and then on call. So I waited.... After about 45 minutes, I called again and learned she meant until 1:30 pm, not am; so she would send the shuttle. After another 30 minutes I called again and the new desk person said HE would send the shuttle but they needed to stop for gas. So basically, a 2 hour wait for a shuttle.
Response by Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham DFW Airport North
It seems that we fell short meeting your expectation and for that I sincerely apologized. Your situation was addressed to both the drivers and the front desk. We work hard on exceeding our guest expectation.
2 night business trip Sep 30, 2015
RONALD
"Weird Location"
Late in, had a reservation problem and the staff was great fixing it. The GPS brought me in through some sketchy areas around the airport fence line. The location is between interstate and airport, which means the acess road wanders all over.
Response by Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham DFW Airport North
I am glad that you finally found your way to the hotel. It is always best to contact the hotel for direction if you happen to run into any problem locating the hotel.nevertheless thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you. it was our pleasure having you here .
1 night business trip Sep 28, 2015
Ronald
"Highly Disappointed"
Description of room we booked was not the room we were given and when I inquired about this I was told it was because hotels.com was wrong - and then had to pay additional funfs to upgrade to the room I thought I had booked. The "full" kitchen worked if you were a family of two or less or if uou wabted to eat in shifts. The bathroom was a hoke. Tub was jetted gowever all the electronics were removed and the push button replaced with the flapper ball from the inside of a toilet tank - it appeara that it was installed usong plumbers putty that had given out long ago - so everytime you showered or bathed it fell out. But all of that was conringent on whether or not you coul even turn the water on since the faucet was broke. I love Wyndham hotels but was highly disappointed in this one and would never recommend it.
Response by Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham DFW Airport North
It seems that we felt to meet your expectation. We guarantee all reservations and we honor the reservation that was booked. Upgrade or change of rooms type book is subject to a fee. However we are more than happy to upgrade our guests to a room that is most comfortable for their needs if available.
3 night family trip Sep 24, 2015
"Nice hotel for the money!!!"
I arrived at this Hotel for the Falcons vs Cowboys game and everything went well.. Clean, quiet, smelled great, only 10 minutes from DFW airport!!
Other trip Sep 29, 2015
Floyd
"Loved Our Stay"
This was our first time staying at Hawthorn Suites and we loved it! It's like a 1 BR, 1 BA apartment with your own fully equipped kitchen. We will definitely be staying at Hawthorn Suites whenever we go on our trips from now on. Amazing rates as well. $84 for the suite, can't beat it!
Response by Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham DFW Airport North
Thank you for the rating. I am very glad that you were satisfied with your stay with us. We are expecting your soon return if you happen to be in the Dallas area again.
1 night romance trip Sep 26, 2015
"Great Hotel!"
I've stayed twice at this hotel my first room is on the second floor it was very nice and clean. On my second day I stayed on the third floor the room wasn't as good as condition as the first one but was still very clean and nice. The hotel staff is very courteous and helpful.
Response by Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham DFW Airport North
I am happy that you have stayed with us twice and both stays you were completely satisfied with your stay. We will be very happy to give you a complimentary upgrade to one of our Jacuzzi suite on your next visit.
1 night romance trip Sep 19, 2015
"Reasonable rate, clean room, good breakfast"
Very nice stay. The only issue we had was the shuttle driver on the way to the airport was playing with his phone while driving us.
Response by Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham DFW Airport North
Thank you for staying with us. We work hard to ensure our guest comfort and happiness. We look forward to your soon return
1 night family trip Sep 19, 2015
"Decent hotel for price"
Hotel room was comfortable and clean. The actual hotel is a little out dated but was ok for just an over night stay. Breakfast was decent as well.
1 night family trip Sep 15, 2015
Anastasia
Good. Wish ac was better
Response by Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham DFW Airport North
Thank you for your recent stay with us, and thank you for taking the time to share your review. With regard to the AC we are going to replace the entire ac in the hotel. We have already taken the initiative placing the order. At the moment we are just waiting on delivery. We take our guests feed back very seriously and we expect nothing less than excellence for all our guests. Upon your next return the hotel will be fully equipped with new ac unit in all rooms. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to serve you.
1 night trip Sep 5, 2015
Gretchen
"Nice hotel that needs a few updates."
Hotel room was very nice and clean. Pool was nice. The only thing that was bad was the stairwell smelled bad from no air flow and dirty carpet and you could feel holes in the hallway floors when walking. Breakfast was the same every morning but was good. The outside of the hotel is very nice.
Response by Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham DFW Airport North
I am thankful for your observation of our hotel. We take our guest feedback very serious. Our priority to ensure our guest comfort. With regards to your comments,we are about to begin our renovation by the end of the month. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you in the near future. Thank you for sharing your experience with us
3 night business trip Aug 24, 2015
Shannon
There was no AC we didn't even sleep that night it was so hot in the room.they would not even refund us our money
Response by Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham DFW Airport North
I am sorry to here about this. It is always best to contact the front desk immediately about your concern rather than wait until the following morning. This way allow us the opportunity to resolve the issue at hand in a timely manner. I am very sorry that you had a bad experience with. We will be very thankful to have another opportunity to serve you better.
1 night family trip Aug 18, 2015
Maria
"Convenient to the airport to stay..but musty!"
We had a quick stay so we could get to the airport early in the morning. The room itself seemed clean, however it smelled wet, musty, and moldy...almost a sour smell. Otherwise, it would've been very good. Shuttle services were very good, however.
Response by Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham DFW Airport North
Thank you for your time sharing your review with us. We were delighted to have you here. I priority is to ensure our guest comfort and to make certain that they leave the hotel with a memorable experience. Your comment means a lot to us and we have shared it with our maintenance department for further investigation of your room. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward having another opportunity to serve you in the near future.
1 night family trip Aug 17, 2015
Roy
"Good location near DFW"
Checkin was quick. Had a quick breakfast before our early flight. Right by two of The Parking Spot locations or you can park at hotel. Only negative was the lobby and hallways were very warm; air conditioning didn't seem to be working.
Response by Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham DFW Airport North
Thank you for taking the time to complete the review from Expedia. we welcome our guest feedback because we believe that our guest knows best. we have placed an order for ac unit for the entire hotel and we are just waiting on the delivery at any moment. It will be a pleasure serving you again
Other trip Aug 18, 2015
My room was supposed to be a suite.i was traveling so I paid extra money to leave my car there when I came back I called for the van was told 30 minutes over a hour I ended up getting a taxi 30 dollars.i should not have had to pay.was told by the clerk when I told her that the van was at the terminal then.as if it were my fault.will not use them again,nor advice anyone else to use.
Response by Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham DFW Airport North
Thank you for staying with us. We work hard to ensure our guest comfort and happiness. It seems that we fell short meet and exceeding your expectation. i do apologize for the delay at the airport.
Other trip Aug 16, 2015
"Great value"
Last minute stay due to Flt delay. Shuttle came quickly and they allowed me to check in early. Shuttle later brought me to the store. Staff was very friendly and although an older property very well maintained.
Response by Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham DFW Airport North
Your review of the property means a lot to us. thank you for taking the time to complete the survey send by Expedia. we were delighted to have you here and we look forward see you again in the near future. Thank you for sharing your experience
1 night family trip Jul 26, 2015
Jeantte
"Had to wait an ungodly amount of time for Ice!"
This review has been rejected three times and at no time has it gone against any of the review rules. The staff was rude the service was bad, I almost fell through the floor but my room was comfortable and clean.
Response by Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham DFW Airport North
we did bought a new ice machine for all floors in the hotel. I am truly sorry for the difficulties you had while staying with us. this is not the norm for this hotel. We will be very thankful to have another opportunity to serve you better.
Other trip Jul 31, 2015
Krista
"Yuck!"
Great location but our room was old, the buttons on the phone did not work, the elevator was out of order and the pool was not only crumbling but the hot tub was green. I looked in some other rooms and they were not all as bare bones as ours. I think they gave us this room because we had small children. The positives were the close proximity to airport and the room was big.
Response by Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham DFW Airport North
Thank you for your comments and feedback during you stay with us. I am very happy to update you that we have assigned our chief engineering to an extensive preventive maintenance in all our rooms. any concern regarding our guest is taken very seriously in this hotel. We continue to strive our very best for excellence at all time. I am very sorry that we fell short from exceeding your expectation .
1 night family trip Jul 27, 2015
"No."
Awful bed. Dirty linens. Scary dangerous elevator. No AC in 3rd floor hallway. Flat pillows.
Response by Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham DFW Airport North
Thank you for staying with us. We work hard to ensure our guest comfort and happiness. Your feedback is currently under review. We take any issue pertaining to out guest very seriously
1 night family trip Jul 26, 2015
Kirk
"40 Minutes for Ice!"
My room was clean and comfortable and that was about the only thing going for this hotel. The ice machine was out of order and after coming in from 106 degree weather, I really needed ice water. I went to the front desk like the sign asked me to but there was a huge long line of people checking in and one clerk was helping them and the other was doing nothing, I waited in line with my ice bucket and when I got to the front I asked one clerk for ice, the other clerk turned to him and said we have no ice, then he asked me to wait a moment, I did. Then a few minutes later the shuttle driver came in and they asked him to get ice, he headed toward the back and they told him that they meant from the store. I asked if they could just call my room when it was ready, they said it would just be a minute, it was 20 minutes. The hallway has a ton of holes under the carpet and I almost broke my ankle stepping in one of them. The elevator smells like its about to catch fire and the smoke detector in my room was torn from the ceiling.
Other trip Jul 28, 2015
Krista
great hotel, close to everything, staff was very helpful and eager to please
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
"Get what you pay for"
We most definitely got what we paid for. Hotel lobby was hot, could hear neighbors through thin walls. Purchased our own toilet paper due to poor quality. Ice machine was broken at time of need.
Response by Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham DFW Airport North
Thank you for your review. we are currently reviewing your comments at this time. We asked for your understanding while we contained working on improving our service.
4 night family trip Jul 19, 2015
Jonathan
"Good airport hotel"
Good clean hotel with all the necessary amenities; free wifi, free breakfast and shuttle service to/from DFW.
Response by Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham DFW Airport North
Thank you for the rating our hotel with such a high score. We really appreciate this and we were happy to have you here with us. we look forward to another opportunity to serve you in the near future
1 night business trip Jul 22, 2015
"Not good hotel"
Wifi was really slow, ice machine broken, no shade outside by the pool! That is why we did not like it & will not recon men this hotel to our friends or family.
Response by Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham DFW Airport North
Thank you for your feedback. Our hotel is in the process of under going a major renovation. We just purchase this hotel on February and we are in the process of updating the hotel to better fit all of our guests need it our pleasure to put a smile on your face. we hope to see you again soon
Other trip Jul 23, 2015
guadalupe
"Satisfied"
The Staff Was Extremely,,, Friendly... And Very Helpful.My out of town guest, was very comfortable; for our business trip.
2 night business trip Jul 15, 2015
Kimberley
Very lumpy mattress, poor lighting and odd room design. Although we arrived very late and didn't watch television, it was located so far from the bed I would not have been able to see what was going on very well. The late night receptionist was unfriendly at best.
1 night family trip Jul 15, 2015
There was only one person on duty; she was swamped. Ice machine broken, general creepy feeling, bad neighborhood. I was going to leave my car there, but I was afraid it wouldn't be there when I got back.
1 night trip with friends Jul 12, 2015
"Clean hotel near airport"
I only stayed one night and had to leave very early the next day to catch my flight so I didn't get a chance to experience the breakfast buffet. Everything else was very good, including the courtesy shuttle to airport.
Other trip Jul 14, 2015
Alicia
There was food on the floor, refrigerator was propped up with wash cloth, ice makers were broken on all three floors. But the beds were comfortable
1 night family trip Jul 8, 2015
"Disappointing"
I needed a hotel for an overnight layover in Dallas. This one had a 24 hour shuttle service and the Wyndham name. When we got to the airport to call the shuttle, the hotel wasn't even in the airports system to use the courtesy phone so I had to hunt the number down and call myself then we had to wait a very long time for them to get there (July in Dallas after a rainstorm-we were puddles of hot and tired). I thought that being by Wyndham that I would get a nice hotel room, but what I got was an old hotel room for the price of a new one. You can tell that there was an attempt at upgrading the rooms, but the carpet was old and worn, there was mildewed caulk in the bathroom, mattresses were really old. Tiles were loose and wobbly, etc. I wish I would have just gone with the Holiday Inn express or Hyatt. Those shuttles ran like clockwork and the hotels are consistent.
Other trip Jul 10, 2015
Dissappointed
"not worth it"
the location is great because you're less that 10 minutes away from the airport but there's many other hotels in the same area so if you can just stay somewhere else. the rooms were clean enough but everything is super outdated and in poor condition - its pretty much a dump & nothing like the pictures. the front desk is rude & unhelpful. the only ones with a little courteous are the shuttle drivers. i wouldn't stay here again even if it was free.
Response by Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham DFW Airport North
Thanks for staying with us, we work hard to make our guests happy. We appreciate your feedback! It;s unfortunate that you didn't enjoy your stay with us
1 night romance trip Jul 4, 2015
guadalupe
"Horrible hotel"
Horrible conditions. First room was 86 degrees with no AC. Asked for another and it smelled so bad your eyes watered from the mold smell. They moved us to a third and once again the room was hot and the AC made so much noise you could barely sleep through it. It wouldn't cool below 78 degrees. We were just staying one night to catch an early flight for vacation like we have done so many times with hotels next to the Hawrhorn. Will never stay there again and will be sure to tell anyone we know how bad it is.
Response by Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham DFW Airport North
We have replaced our rooms with new ac units for a better comfort for all our guest. i am very sorry that you were not completely satisfied with you stay. A lot have change since your last stay with us. I am using this opportunity to invite you to visit our hotel again and, I promise you will be very please with the changes. Thank you for sharing you experience with us
1 night romance trip Jun 23, 2015
Brad
"Great value"
We arrived close to the evening time and we were greated and checked in promptly. Thought we were not informed of it they provide snacks and beer free of charge. Breakfast is one of the best there is for a hotel setting like the Hawthorne. In all great experience and rooms just keep the pool a bit cleaner and turn the AC on the halls to avoid the musty like smell.
Other trip Jun 29, 2015
"Bad experience"
I couldn't believe the USA has hotel rooms with public bathroom with a foul smell, until i walked in Hawthorne Suite in Dallas, TX. The elevator smelled like a burning rubber. I walked in and out of the room to the front desk and asked to check out,then they offered me a another room which was a little better. I decided to stay since it was after 1 am, just to check out fews hours later. The service was very poor. I waited over an hour for the hotel shuttle bus to pick me up after multiple calls to the hotel. I can go on and on.In conclusion, I was a bad experience. I will not go back there even for free.
Response by Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham DFW Airport North
Thank you for your feed back and understanding while we continue working on improving our services
2 night family trip Jun 21, 2015
machozi L.
"Not a typical Hawthorne Suites..."
I usually don't rate hotels but had a pretty bad experience at this one. Our room's AC unit was making a horrible noise and we asked to be moved to another room. The front desk was pretty perturbed that we asked this and said it would possibly make them "short" on rooms. The next room's floor was wet almost al the way to the bed. Possibly some type of plumbing leak. I didn't dare ask again to be moved.
Response by Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham DFW Airport North
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Your feedback is currently under investigation as we take any issues entertaining o our guest very seriously. We hope to see you in the near future with the hope of having another opportunity to serve you much better
1 night family trip Jun 23, 2015
Brenda
"Extremely nice"
They need more shuttle drivers other than that it was extremely nice.
Response by Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham DFW Airport North
thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit to our hotel. We are proud to informed you that we have hired 3 more driver to better accommodates our guests. It will be our pleasure to have you back here with us
1 night trip Apr 14, 2015
Roger
"Bad experience"
Carpet wet in multiple rooms our family had. They booked a party in the meeting room and let them go full blast music till 1 in the morning in a small hotel. Cops came. It was horrible planning on hotels part.
Response by Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham DFW Airport North
Thanks for staying with us, we work hard to make our guests happy. We appreciate your feedback! while we continued working on improving our service
Other trip Jun 22, 2015
"I would recommend this hotel"
It was a nice room for the price and the breakfast was good.
Response by Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham DFW Airport North
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, It was a pleasure having you here . My staff and I will be very grateful to have another opportunity to serve you again in the near future
1 night family trip Jun 11, 2015
The Hotel needed to be updated. The smell of the place is awful and people were smoking in their rooms.
Other trip Jun 16, 2015
"Worst night at a hotel in a while"
I'll start by being positive. This hotel is convenient to the airport. The rooms are also spacious and decent looking. That's about where it ends. The entire hotel is in some desperate need of some TLC. My room looked decent at first, but then you notice the curtains hanging off the rods, the broken tiles, the shoddy internet service, stained flooring... And the elevator. It bounces around and when a new person steps in, it kind of drops a bit. Scary. But the worst part has got to be the lack of sleep. Of course, other people closing their doors sounded like they were in my room, but it's not really in a party location so people were quiet, considering that the hotel was booked. The problem is that they have what should be a street light, but what actually is a spotlight pointed at the hotel. Remember the broken curtains? You can imagine how well you sleep with a spotlight pointed at you. Then, there is the railroad . I realize that they cannot control the railroad; however, you'd think there would be some sort of noise ordinance. I don't have issues with noises like trains and planes. The sound of the train itself didn't bother me at all. What i do have a problem with is railroad repairs from 12:30 am to 2:30 am. So now, not only am I in a spotlight, but it sounds like a machine gun is being fired right by my bed. Then the alarm at 5:30 at the warehouse behind it. Also, the breakfast was nasty. Rotten bananas and dirt-tasting coffee. Ugh.
Other trip May 26, 2015
dani
"Great value"
Quick overnight stay for early flight. Best value for $. Shuttle on time. Will stay here in future
Response by Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham DFW Airport North
Thank you for your time sharing your experience with us. We were delighted to have you here and we look forward seeing you in the near future.
1 night romance trip May 13, 2015
Lawrence
"Great free airport shuttle."
Airport shuttle was great. Breakfast had lots of options.
Response by Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham DFW Airport North
Thank you for the time sharing your feed back on your recent stay with us. I am glad that you were completely satisfied with your stay with us. I look for to see you in the near future if you happen to be in the Dallas area again. It was a pleasure having you ihere
1 night trip with friends May 21, 2015
Ann
"Nice place, if you ignore the elevator"
Great nights rest. Nice hotel. Wonderful breakfast. However, the elevator was a little scary. We never knew if we were going to make it up to our floor. It made weird noises, almost like it didn't have the power to make it go. But other than that, the place was great.
Response by Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham DFW Airport North
Thank you for staying with us. We work hard to ensure our guest comfort and happiness. I am excited to tell you that we did replace our Elevator with a new one just to better serve our guest. We take any issue pertaining to our guest very seriously We look forward to your soon return
1 night family trip May 19, 2015
"update,update,update"
Worst hotel I've stayed in for a while....update,update,update...don't offer a breakfast bar that looks like the one you have and hire cheerful,alert staff.
Response by Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham DFW Airport North
Thank you for staying with us. We work hard to ensure our guest comfort and happiness. we have taken your review under consideration
1 night family trip May 14, 2015