All hotels in Tulare, California, United States of America
1016 E Prosperity Ave, Tulare, CA, 93274, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Horrible evening customer service"
I lost my credit card somewhere between the last time I purchased gas and ended up at the restaurant. It was late and all i wanted to do was sleep. The attendant refused to let my fiancée pay for the room since the room was booked under my name.While I scour my car to look for my card, my boyfriend goes back inside and another attendee allows him to book the room. Seriously?
2 night romance trip Nov 7, 2014
"Two Night Stay"
There were two of us and we were attending an event at the convention center in Visalia. The stay was good overall, and the only complaint was we requested to split the bill between the two of us and they said they could accommodate us, and when we went to check out, the total was already charged to my credit card. The breakfast was excellent.
2 night business trip Oct 17, 2014
"Our stay in the Studio King Suite at Charter Inn"
We stayed in a Studio King Suite, and I have to say it was very nice. I would stay there again. Very nice staff. I will tell my friends and family to stay there if they were here in Tulare. So thumbs up to the GOOD time!! Very Happy.........
2 night romance trip Oct 27, 2014
Jerry and Terri
"Super SWEET Suite in Visalia!"
***** From the time Maria welcomed me all was fabulous until we missed the biscuits & gravy Sunday morning. We know we got a great deal through Hotels.com but are sure it is always worth it! Thanks for the 'new' option of Charter Inn & Suites for Business Travel. *****
2 night business trip Oct 24, 2014
Radine
"peace and comfort"
the beds are comfortable, and the hallways are quiet. Who could ask for anything more.
2 night business trip Oct 23, 2014
Rosalyn
"Just Right"
The hotel fit all my needs. It was close to the event I attended. The price was right. Staf was friendly. Breakfast was just OK.
2 night trip Oct 16, 2014
Chuck
"very nice"
We loved staying here and will stay here again.
1 night trip Oct 13, 2014
Ron
"Fantastic Value"
This is a very nice hotel. Clean, friendly service and all the amenities that you need. I enjoy the little things like being offered a bottle of water on a hot day while checking in and the fact that there is no password for the wifi. The rooms have refrigerators, ceiling fans and there are fans in the bathrooms as well. Rooms are spacious enough for us to have plenty of room for our portable crib. It is also located right off of the freeway and next to restaurants, grocery stores, banks, gas stations and an outlet mall. I highly recommend it to anyone staying in the area or on a stop while passing through.
1 night family trip Oct 10, 2014
Brian B.
Hotel is worth the money. Breakfast available every morning in hotel. Staff very friendly. The beds are very comfortable. I have stayed at Charter Inn & Suites two years and a row now when visiting family in Visalia. Full length stay at hotel was over 2weeks each time. Would recommend it highly. Only commit is not to go for the pool. Doesn't look like they attend to it much. If you want a pool atmosphere stay somewhere else.
17 night trip Sep 18, 2014
"Hotel canceled my reservation"
I had booked a handicapped room and the hotel allowed a guest to extend their stay in the room I booked. They didn't contact me to tell me they had no other rooms, but they did book a room at the hotel next door. I would have been OK with that, but they didn't book a handicap room! When I arrived, they had no handicap rooms. I returned to Charter Inn and they tried all the other hotels in town and no one had a handicap room. I finally found a room 30 minutes south of town.
1 night trip Sep 9, 2014
"Interim hotel on a road trip"
This hotel has a good location, close to reasonable shopping, food outlets, and gas. Easy on and off freeway. Staff very helpful answering questions.
Other trip Sep 11, 2014
Jacky
"Awesome hotel!"
For the price, This is one of the best hotels that my family has stayed in. We actually stayed 2 nights...once on the way to our destination and then on the way back. No complaints whatsoever. The breakfast wad awesome and so wad the staff. By the pool they even a grill if you wanted to grill. Restaurants and shopping close by. Loved this hotel.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
casey
very comfortable,clean and a nice breakfast--great price
1 night trip Sep 3, 2014
pagar
"Staff was rude and not helpful"
nothing to stay, never will stay there again. the staff charged me for things I didn't use and would not refund anything even after learning I hadn't .
Other trip Sep 5, 2014
Rob
I like everything nice like it a lot elgent and clean but the the preson that gives the room was rude bad face her name is maria works night.But girl that in the moring is nice dhe has good service.
1 night business trip Aug 31, 2014
lizbeth
"Very clean & comfortable"
The room was very nice, with a sofa & coffee table & little kitchenette station (with sink, microwave, minifridge, and coffee maker all together), closet had an iron & ironing board plus 2 robes. In addition to the usual soap/shampoo/lotion, the bathroom also had a couple extra things: showercap, cotton swabs & cotton balls, and conditioner. The breakfast selection was good (sausage, potatoes, scrambled eggs, cheese, salsa, waffle station, fruit, yogurt, pastries & agels, etc), plus coffee, tea, and ruit juices. In my opinion, the only things to improve: replace incandescent light bulbs with energy-efficient LED bulbs (they will turn on instantly and save the hotel so much energy), and update the "drying cycle" time estimate with accurate information, it says 45 min but it was less than 30 and caused an issue for people waiting to use the machines.
1 night business trip Aug 28, 2014
"Great value while visiting Tulare"
The reception desk was very friendly. The room was fresh and very efficient. There was a refridgerator, microwave and coffee maker. The bed was very comfortable. Even the blowdryer worked well! The location is perfect for close proximity to everything. I would stay here again!
1 night trip Aug 30, 2014
"Nice hotel near Sequoia National Park"
Nice property on the way to National Parks. The hotel is clean and we'll located. It is next to a mall and Walmart is across the street. Lots of food choices and gas stations nearby. The room is laid out nicely and furnishings are in great condition. At night we heard almost no noise and the area seemed safe. We stayed two days and could not think of anything that disappointed. The staff was friendly and helpful with information about the parks and area. When we needed to change rooms they helped without any attitude. Breakfast offered hot and cold choices. In the evening they offer wine and beer service. I would return and recommend this hotel.
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
Darryl
"This is the only Hotel I will stay at Tulare"
This is the only Hotel I will stay at when visiting Tulare or Visalia. I have been using this particular one for 20 years. I attempted to stay someone else and ended up paying for that place and the Charter Inn
Other trip Aug 21, 2014
Jane
"friendly"
good experience - friendly, always smiling (front desk, breakfast room, housekeeping)
2 night trip with friends Aug 8, 2014
"Good stay, but slightly cleanliness problem"
This was a good Hotel to stay, free breakfast, spa and pool. Too far from Sequoia National Park, at least two hours to inside village. The staff changed the room for us as there were something.
Other trip Aug 14, 2014
ML
A good deal for the money. Beds were comfortable enough. Bathroom was nice. Pool was good. Breakfast was decent. Small in house bar tempted me. It's not the Ritz. It's not Embassy suites.But I would stay there again.
2 night family trip Aug 3, 2014
"Convenient for our stay in the area."
very pleasant - stayed at this location to travel around area. good food for breakfast
Other trip Aug 8, 2014
"Good experience"
Wonderful rooms at a good location. Even had chocolate chip cookies at the reception counter in the evening.
Other trip Aug 7, 2014
HH
"Good for overnight stay for sequoia national park"
Hotel was fine. Room was very comfortable and breakfast was normal fare. No complaints on hotel.
1 night family trip Jul 28, 2014
US road trippers
Accommodation was spacious and clean and breakfast was good value. We visited the national parks and although some distance from the hotel we did find that we got good value for money. Gym was disappointing however it had a good pool area. Would recommend this hotel as a good base.
2 night trip Jul 27, 2014
Helen Phillips
"Great restaurant nearby"
Very pleased to find that the hotel looked EXACTLY as depicted in photos. Comfortable, clean room with very nice decor and amenities. Didn't think that the Breakfast buffet was anything special, just okay.
1 night trip Jun 23, 2014
Karen T.
"Clean and comfortable"
Not a fancy place, but the rooms are clean and comfortable. Great service. Free hot breakfast included sausage and scrambled eggs there was shredded cheddar and salsa to add if desired and freshly grilled waffles. There were fresh fruits and pastries as well. Great coffee and juice, too! I wish there had been more outlets for our devices to charge. Needed to charge my phone near the bed because of I prefer to use the phone's alarm, but no outlet was accessible there. Minor annoyance. Everything else was great!
1 night business trip Jul 23, 2014
"Nice hotel for your trip to Sequoia National Park"
We stayed here two nights to visit Sequoia National Park. The hotel is very nicely furnished, the staff was friendly and it was clean and quiet. The breakfast was the only thing that wasn't that convincing. We would have preferred more healthy stuff (whole wheat bread, fruit, etc.). Overall we were very happy with the stay and the location was great.
2 night trip Jul 16, 2014
Florence
"Charter Inn - Tulare, CA"
Definitely within driving distance to Sequoia. Close to stores and restaurants. Free breakfast better than most.
Other trip Jul 23, 2014
Suzanne
"Nice hotel with big rooms."
This hotel was very spacious. Our family of four had room to move around. Room was very quiet. We appreciated the sitting area in the room, microwave and fridge. The fridge was small with a very tiny freezer compartment, but it worked nicely for our needs. Room was mostly clean with the exception of the bathroom light switch that had a lot of dirt in the crevices. Only complaint was the breakfast. The breakfast had good options eggs, bacon, potatoes, cereal, waffles, toast, fruit, juice, tea and coffee. The problem was that it is not well stocked. We got to breakfast at 8:30 (closes at 9) and the only thing left was cereal and waffles. The one worker was not able to keep up the demand. I had a bowl of cereal and had to wait 20 minutes for a little bit of eggs. We finally gave up and went back to our rooms. The breakfast area was not very clean since the worker was focusing on getting food out. It looked like that area hadn't been wiped clean the entire morning. Eggs pieces on the counter, dirty waffle cups all over. We were there on a Monday morning. I would not want to imagine how chaotic breakfast would be on a weekend. We did use the pool during our stay. The water was very warm, which we appreciated. Since this area is close to a farming community there was a strong odor of cow manure in the air for our evening swimming. Overall this was a nice hotel that suited our family well.
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
Robfam
We liked it, everything was fine, no complain, will stay again.
1 night trip Jul 10, 2014
"Great hotel near Sequoia/Kings Canyon"
Very nice amenities. Very clean. Exceptional breakfast included. Got 3 rooms and all were great.
Other trip Jul 19, 2014
Chuck
"Nice hotel for the price"
Hotel was very nice for the price. The staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good with a lot of choices.
1 night family trip Jul 9, 2014
"Great location, great room and price."
This is my "go-to" place to stay when visiting family in Tulare. The price is excellent for the quality of the room, it is clean and the location is excellent in terms of nearby restaurants and activities. And the free breakfast makes it an even better value.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
Cheryl
"Great family hotel"
We stayed one night as stop over on family road trip vacation. Have no complaints about it at all other than the bar sink in our room drained a little slow (bathroom sink was fine!). They had a small pool our kids enjoyed. Nice great room/big screen tv room near reception. Free breakfast buffet that was very nice (make your own Belgian waffles, plus eggs, sausage, and hasbrowns, along with other various choices). Beds were comfortable and room was clean and quiet, price was nice. Not much more you can ask for.
1 night family trip Jul 8, 2014
"Pre Sequoia stop"
great low cost place to freshen up and rest prior to going camping in Sequoia. Very clean and pleasant, good breakfast, full of families
Other trip Jul 13, 2014
"The best affordable hotel my family experienced."
Breakfast is great and the location is close to shopping center.
Other trip Jul 13, 2014
"over rated"
look, this hotel is good. A bed, mini fridge ext. but it is not excellent. Nor should it have the star rating that the web suggest. It's not bad if you need a place to stay with clean beds and linens this is the place for you. Just don't be swayed thinking your getting excellent for that price. I had to wash my own coffee pot, the air is pre set and will not cool below. My biggest concern was the lack of safety. You did not need a room key to enter nor were the back gates, pool gates locked. I watched people park out back and enter the back gate to use the pool (needed cleaning). From the unlocked gate they could just walk right in the Hotel.
3 night trip Jun 30, 2014
"True comfort while traveling."
I asked for the king suite with sofa sleeper and was really impressed! I've stayed in a lot of hotels and this is at the top of my list for Quiet, cleanliness, space,and comfort.It felt like being in a one bedroom apartment. There was a decent selection of food for breakfast and the food was good. I will definitely stay again.
1 night trip Jun 30, 2014
Andi
"Hotel cancelled my reservation at the last minute"
Arrived at the hotel with my family at 5:30 pm and was told that due to plumbing problems they could not accommodate us and that they tried to call me about an hour and a half earlier to let me know(was driving from LA on the way there at the time of the call). They however made arrangements to get us a room at the Quality Inn whic was next door.
2 night family trip Jun 26, 2014
Bert
"Great place to stay...."
Stay here all the time when I stay to visit family. Would highly recommend.
2 night trip Jun 21, 2014
Tony
"Clean Convenient Easy to Find"
We booked this room on hotels.com and it was pretty much as advertised; clean, easy to get to from the freeway, the beds were pretty comfortable, the pool was small but wet and cool especially since it was 96 degrees the day we were there. There's an iHop right next door so we walked there for dinner. It was everything we expected and just right for our overnight stay on our way to Sequoia National Park. Recommend this place for sure.
1 night trip Jun 24, 2014
"Very disappointing and frustrating stay."
I got a king bed and sofa sleeper room, sofa sleeper could not be used, it was broken so we had to use a super uncomfortable rollaway bed. We stayed 2 days and at night it was impossible to sleep, kids/teenagers running in the halls, screaming, arguing, slamming doors while staff did nothing, this went on for 2 consecutive nights from 8-12. We left the following day although we had a 3 day reservation. Only good thing about hotel breakfast. Quite a disappointment. A word to the wise do not take any room close to the lobby (family wing of hotel), it is a complete nightmare.
3 night trip Jun 13, 2014
maval42
"Perfect hotel"
I haven't seen that nice hotel in a while. I did spent there only one night but I was very happy I have booked this hotel. Breakfast was delicious. If I visit this area next time ill book this hotel again.
1 night trip Jun 7, 2014
Kate
"Lived up to the reviews.."
Booked here based on previous reviews I had read. Gotta say "they were right on!" We were welcomed by the clerk as soon as we walked in. Our room was clean, comfortable and quiet. Their complimentary breakfast was a very nice start to our morning with hot waffles, bacon eggs, juice and more. Will definately stay there again.
1 night trip Jun 13, 2014
Rilo
"good deal"
wish they were a chain and had locations elsewhere. very good value and full breakfast to boot would stay there again
1 night trip Jun 4, 2014
don l
"Decent place for overnight"
Rather nice place for an overnight stay. Near food places. Beds were comfortable.
Other trip Jun 10, 2014
Ray
Very good value. Room comfortable and clean. Breakfast average. TV remote needed new batteries and was promptly handled. Would stay here again.
1 night trip Jun 2, 2014
CR Morris
"Good for the price"
I rented two rooms across the hall from each other. One had a thermostat, the other had just "warmer...colder" controls. They were very clean, relatively quiet, and the beds were comfortable. Be careful if you choose a standard room with "King or Queen" sized bed and you specify king sized. We checked in very early and the front desk girl told me that I could only have a Queen sized bed. I was bold and demanded to know why I could not get what I paid for. I showed her the copy of my request that I printed out when I paid for the room through Expedia. She did not answer me but instead gave me the King Sized bed that I had requested. Breakfast was a circus with crowds of people and the staff unable to keep up with the food or the coffee requirements. The coffee in our room tasted icky even though we brought our own water. Later at night there is practically no place to park. There were busses and vehicles with trailers taking up 4 to 6 spaces each however there is an IHOP parking lot right next door. I would stay there again for the price but would not depend on having breakfast there.
Other trip Jun 8, 2014