All hotels in Portland, Oregon, United States of America
4319 NW Yeon Avenue, Portland, OR, 97210, United States of America, ‏Hotels.com Expert: ‎855-238-1593

2.8
"Descent hotel even w location"
The pool is great. Close to NW shopping and restaurants. Only downside was small rooms.
2 night family trip May 9, 2014
Darcy
"Not typical of LaQuinta."
Lobby was dirty. Parking lot was dirty. Windows throughout the hotel lobby hadn't been cleaned in weeks. Air conditioner in one of two rooms was noisy. Television initially didn't work and I had to reset and reconnect the cables. Part of parking lot is used by a trucking company for truck staging. Shower head put out 1/2 as much water as one wanted. Keys to the rooms had to be reprogramed every day because they ceased working. Cleaning crew were nice, but poorly trained and they would leave equipment/carts blocking access to hallways. I have stayed with LaQuinta Inns happily many times. This wasn't one of the good events. I will avoid this particular location in future.
Other trip May 6, 2014
D
"good quality"
very reasonable. nice clean rooms and quiet. Pool and hot tub very nice. surrounding area is all industrial commercial but ok.
1 night trip Apr 12, 2014
jack
"Nicer than expected!"
Keurig in EVERY room! Saves $ lookin for Starbucks each morning! Kids loved the pool nice size and Heated! The last hotel I stayed in was indoor pool but Freezing!
Other trip Apr 5, 2014
Awesome, nice place, hope to afford to go back soon!!
Other trip Mar 31, 2014
Ty
"NOT WHAT I EXPECTED..."
THE ROOMS ARE TOO SMALL, POOL WATER IS VERY COLD, BREAKFAST WAS NOT GOOD, IT WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE DIFFERENT FOOD ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU STAY MORE THAN ONE DAY.
Other trip Feb 18, 2014
"Decent budget hotel"
Went to portland for a long weekend trip. Hotel is decent given its pricing. Nothing fancy but comfortable and clean. You can tell the hotel is a little old, but the room decor makes up for it, giving it a little modern look to compensate. Sheets and towels are old, but they're clean. We didn't use the pool and hot tub, but we saw some guests using it, so it should be decent. The location of the pool made the first 2 floors of the hotel smell of bleach.
Other trip Feb 17, 2014
Someone
"Nice hotel ... BAD neighborhood"
The hotel itself is fine, but the surrounding area and access to anything is horrible. Aside form a little mini-mart and a Subway there is absolutely nothing but industrial business near by. Sketchy characters walking around the outside is not uncommon as I saw several during my stay. Overall I would not stay at this hotel again, but I would stay at another La Quinta as the room itself was fine and comfortable.
1 night business trip Dec 13, 2013
"Lack of choices"
Missing the bacon, sausages from the breakfast. Most of the other L a Quinta's i stayed breakfast is better.
1 night trip Nov 25, 2013
Ana
"Great room for great price."
Title says it all
Other trip Nov 24, 2013
"overnight stay"
it was great for my purpose. The room was so nice I wish I could have stayed longer. I didn't get in till 10 and then went to work early the next day.
1 night trip with friends Nov 6, 2013
joanna kirk
"We Won't Be Back!!"
We arrived with a late check-in for a festival nearby. Our first assigned room had a strong pet odor and our request to change rooms was promptly accommodated by the apologetic desk clerk. For this we were extremely grateful. Regrettably, our experience with the free breakfast was terrible. Also, the location is in an industrial area and the odor of oil was almost overwhelming. The most disappointing of all, I forgot my Kindle Fire in the room and didn't discover it until returning home about 8 hours later. I immediately called the hotel and was told it may have been left in the locked manager's office where lost items were stored. The polite desk clerk agreed to leave a note for the manager for a call the next morning. I never heard back so I called again. I spoke with the manager who said she'd speak with housekeeping and callback within 10 minutes. No callback as promised. I called again 3 hours later & she said my Kindle hadn't turned up but would speak with the housekeeper on duty on the day of my check-out. Again no callback. I called two more times but was never able to speak with the manager again & no further follow-up was made with me. In frustration and sadness, I had to order a new Kindle - it was apparent this one was never going to be returned. My stay here cost so much and was not worth it. Make sure you take a third look around before check-out from this hotel because your expensive items left behind will likely not be returned.
2 night trip Oct 18, 2013
Anna W.
"Internet"
Internet was slow and hard to connect to. Otherwise-- fantastic!
Other trip Oct 20, 2013
"Friendly place"
Every one was friendly ..amenities were excellent ..good location ..updated room's flat screens. .direct tv .. feather comforters ..plush bed's easy to fall asleep
Other trip Oct 16, 2013
"2 night stay"
Hotel was clean and off the beaten path. Decent breakfast and friendly staff. There aren't many motels in the industrial/NW area of Portland.
Other trip Oct 14, 2013
Carlos
truck route but not heavy traffic when we passed thru; could not get computer to work. fairly good choice for the money
1 night business trip Oct 3, 2013
"Great hotel in the midst of an industrial area."
Good access to all that Portland has to offer. Clean and well kept.
Other trip Oct 9, 2013
Not the best location, but it is overall very convenient to get everywhere. The hotel is great, no issue with noise or safety.
2 night trip with friends Oct 4, 2013
christy
We were surprised at the condition of the hotel for the price we paid. Our "bargain" price through Expedia was more than the guy ahead of us in line paid at the counter. Lots of dogs everywhere. They put us in the bargain room right off the lobby next to the vending machines with chlorine fumes from the pool. It was marked non-smoking but very obviously had been smoked in. It smelled perfumed and stale, not fresh. The bed was comfortable. This was an unusual situation, we're usually very pleased with our Expedia bargains.
Other trip Oct 8, 2013
pleasant. Nice it was dog friendly, surround areas are unattractive, but would still recommend to others. close enough downtown without being downtown.
1 night trip Oct 5, 2013
"ancillary facilities"
Very nice hotel, friendly staff, some additional information about the area close by and eating facilities would have been helpful.
Other trip Oct 1, 2013
"Portland Triathlon"
I was in town for the Portland Triathlon. The room was very nice and the bed was VERY comfortable. I was able to get a late check out, no problem. Thank you!
Other trip Sep 30, 2013
Keri
Overall pretty good. However,there was significant water pipe and foot traffic noise. I originially stayed in room 212 and ended up moving to room number 321. The water pipe noise kept me up. The buildings should be designed better to prevent that.
5 night family trip Sep 19, 2013
"Great Pool"
Staff were very helpful and provided an extra chair for our room. The pool and jacuzzi were nice.
2 night family trip Sep 22, 2013
"Last place before home"
Very comfy room and huge TV that had Disney Jr (great when you have a 2 year old). The location is kind of weird. There are fast food joints around but the are is rather industrial. The pool looked nice but we didn't have the energy to use it.
1 night trip Aug 22, 2013
"It was a place to sleep."
We booked this hotel knowing we would only be sleeping here. That being said it was still disappointing. They only had one crib in the entire hotel and when we asked for it it was being used. We were staying five nights and they never made an attempt to get us another one. They were understaffed in the morning for breakfast, constantly running out of food. The front desk was not very helpful at all!
5 night family trip Aug 15, 2013
Hansen
"Great place"
Great place to stay. Affordable, good breakfast options, clean, nice pool and hot tub.
Other trip Aug 24, 2013
I loved the pool even if there is a stinky product in the hot tub, i could tan and watch the sunrise :). the hotel was nice, and the staff ok...
Other trip Aug 20, 2013
"Nice hotel bad location"
Very clean excellent breakfast, very nice swimming pool open 24 hours. The only thing I can fault it on is a bad location. Industrial part of Portland. Over all great hotel
Other trip Aug 19, 2013
"Visiting family"
This hotel was very close to St. John's where our daughter lives. It was very easy to travel to and from her home.
Other trip Aug 15, 2013
Sandy
"Industrial Location hotel"
Hotel is about 10-15 minutes to downtown area. It's located in the industrial side of Portland, but it is safe in the area. The hotel has a 24 hours inside pool, but the water temperature in the Jacuzzi wasn't as hot as it should've been. Pros: Fresh made cookies upon arrival. Room is very comfy. We had a microwave and a fridge. There's Direct TV and channels were HD. Overall, staff is friendly. Cons: I tried to contact the front desk several times from my room and it took the lady not until the fourth call to answer one simple question. The hallway on the first floor had an unpleasant smell. The seating area is limited during breakfast.
Other trip Aug 11, 2013
I was disappointed it was not close to down-town as some of the ad material seemed to indicate.Lobby and corridors look seedy. They need a major overhaul.
1 night trip Aug 4, 2013
"not worth it!"
Impolite and strangely rushed check-in despite being the only guests at the front desk. No eye contact, no kindness, no information. Our room (202) was right next to the lobby and vending machines, directly across from the breakfast room, en route to the pool, and behind the front desk office. We heard everything, all night and morning (no joke). If for some reason you've ignored all the complaints online and wind up here, refuse a room on the main floor because you'll just be paying $$$ to agonize wearily over random ruckus that never ends. At check-out, we were asked, "how was your stay?" to which I answered honestly, "it was loud, we are exhausted, and that's the worst room location ever." I had to assume she'd never been trained on how to handle a complaint because I got an awkward, vaguely sympathetic "ohh" while she handed me my receipt, and that was it. If you need restful sleep, avoid this place.
1 night family trip Aug 5, 2013
ka_z
"Great staff, poor location"
Hotel could not have been better and the staff was world class. It was clean, very comfortable and staff was kind, welcoming and efficient. Location is sketchy but if you have business in that area be sure to stay here.
1 night trip Jul 24, 2013
Denise
"Clen, quiet room"
The room was very quiet and clean, however the location made it difficult to get to sites. The breakfast room was poorly staffed and most of the breakfast foods were sugary. We had to ask for refills of empty items and then they were very slow. The tables were not cleaned. The front desk clerk was often not at his/her post.
4 night trip with friends Jul 20, 2013
SLPHelen
"A bit hard to find and off the beaten trail"
Hotel was clean. Desk staff were very friendly and helpful.
Other trip Jul 26, 2013
Re
"Good place to stay"
Room nicely appointed. Appreciated one-cup coffee maker in room. Complimentary breakfast more than adequate.
1 night business trip Jul 22, 2013
"Nice...as always LaQuinta came through again."
I was with my mom, daughter & niece on our way home from a long "girls" weekend at the coast and we stayed in the LaQuinta in NW Portland. We found a very nice, clean room waiting for us and the beds were very comfortable. The breakfast was good as well. So far every LaQuinta I've ever stayed in has always a good experience. Try to stay in one when ever I travel (which isn't very often).
Other trip Jul 22, 2013
"A surprise for the price"
Hotel has been updated recently. Rooms were nice and clean. Staff was friendly. Indoor pool and spa were wonderful. Wifi was lacking. The continental breakfast was nothing special. The area directly around the hotel was industrial and there were no restaurants within walking distance.
4 night trip Jul 11, 2013
Shawn W
"close to what I needed"
I thought it was distasteful that we had to have our room inspected as I'm 70 and my wife is 73. We've stayed there a number of times and don't think that was necessary. Don't like the idea on no roll in shower. Motel 6 has at least 1 room with a roll in shower
1 night trip Jul 10, 2013
we only stayed one night, everything was clean, with the exception of one bed, it was sunk in in the middle, little hard to get out of, should be replaced. Over all everything was fine.
1 night trip Jul 5, 2013
"Great place to stay.."
The room was very nice and clean. The service and hotel amenities were great. The location is ~2.5 miles away from the 23rd st downtown but the bus runs from right outside the hotel. We parked our car at the hotel and took the bus which worked just perfect. The offered a very regular menu on the breakfast, which was just ok to get your day started and count on grabbing something outside later for a full meal.
1 night trip Jul 6, 2013
"Would definitely stay again :)"
We were on a road trip with our kids, this was perfect for us. Comfortable room, great pool/spa, close to great restaurants and a wonderful breakfast.
1 night family trip Jul 8, 2013
"In an Industrial Area but not bad"
NW of the Pearl District in an industrial area but not bad at all. Got to the Oregon Zoo in 8 minutes on a Tuesday morning. Drove to NE Portland to go to Lowes and try out some new restaurants in 10~15. Clean, comfortable, nice pool, nice breakfast area with waffle machines and fresh fruit, easy access to hotel rooms, and carts to haul your luggage (would you believe I think that is a premium?).
2 night family trip Jul 1, 2013
Garrett
"stay was great"
My whole family stayed for one night and it was very good. My kids enjoyed swimming and the spa was great too Room was clean and breakfast was very good as well. Will come back again
1 night business trip Jun 1, 2013
mary
We recently came to stay because our son had an appointment at OHSU. Our room was very clean. The staff was friendly, and they had a wonderful breakfast. We will be returning.
1 night trip Jun 4, 2013
Keli
We stayed here for our family weekend trip to the zoo. It is very close to the zoo. We ate at MacTarnhan's both nights and it was very close to the hotel as well and child friendly. The hotel has been updated and the rooms were nice. The beds were super comfy and we requested a pop up crib and it was brought to my room minutes after check in. The breakfast was great; eggs, biscuits, gravy, waffles, fruit, yogurt... If going to the zoo yes I would stay here again. Staff was very friendly as well and pool was 24 hrs
2 night trip May 31, 2013
Emily
"Near downtown but not"
The hotel is not too far from downtown but it's located in an industrial area just out of town, which was fine for us but may not be for others. The comfortable was very thin so we compensated by turning up the heat.
1 night family trip May 24, 2013
"fine for the price, but not well-located"
It was fine for the price. The personnel were very nice, the room and bed were comfortable and clean. I really liked the free parking, which in fact was the deal maker for us. it was quite noisy at night due to the truck traffic, and our room was hot even with the window open. We ended up turning on the AC even though it was cool outside.
2 night trip May 25, 2013
MB and AA
"Top Notch Breakfast and Service"
The breakfast was more than expected and had a lot of options. The staff was helpful and filling up the food supply and making sure guests had everything they needed. Free coffee and tea were available at all times during the lobby and once we passed through there was even fresh cookies up for grabs! Delicious. The hotel is a little out of the way but the bus stop is right out front and that was convenient and easy. The fitness center and pool area were open 24 hours, which although I didn't take advantage of this I was impressed. Overall a great stay.
Other trip May 24, 2013