All hotels in Norfolk, Virginia, United States of America
Sorry, you can’t collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here
245 Granby Street, Norfolk, VA, 23510, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Good location bad accommodation."
The hotel is charming. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was dirty and desperately needed new carpet, paint and the wallpaper replaced. Basically the rooms needs to be remodeled.
Other trip May 10, 2014
Room was small and musky smelling. Shower curtain was old and had mold on it. Light was out in bathroom and cold water handle was broke and cold water didn't work
1 night trip May 3, 2014
Leah
"Price and location cannot be beat!"
We stayed here for one night only; we had tickets to a concert at Chrysler Hall. The location is absolutely fabulous if you want to walk to any of the concert venues, museums, landmarks or the waterfront. There are plenty of restaurants nearby and even a shopping mall. Park your car ($15) and forget it. This is a quirky and dated hotel, but it was clean and it was very inexpensive.
1 night romance trip May 3, 2014
"Pretty nice, and a great price!"
The hotel was clean, nicely located, and surprisingly charming for the price. No complaints.
1 night business trip Apr 25, 2014
"Lovely Hotel"
The gentleman at the front counter was very polite and helpful. The overall hotel had a lovely vintage feel to it. The hotel is located in the heart of downtown. I would definitely stay again anytime I come back to Norfolk.
1 night romance trip Apr 19, 2014
Sally
"Norfolk Trip"
Spent fours days there, has a great little bar and restaurant on the property, walking distance to many reataurants, museums and the water.
Other trip Apr 23, 2014
"Norfolk"
My only problem with the Hotel was my room was not ready at check in. It wasn't a big deal for me personally but I feel compelled to mention it in a review. Hotel parking is $15 a night. You can park on the street but be warned Norfolk WILL ticket you on a Saturday for parking which is unheard of in North Carolina.
1 night trip with friends Apr 18, 2014
Lance
"Great linens and beds, but really needs a facelift"
Very nice location, but the hotel is in need of a facelift and makeover. Beds were comfy with nice linens, but the wallpaper was peeling and the furniture is scratched and old. No hooks or hangers in the bathroom. Nice staff, but no amenities
1 night trip Apr 4, 2014
Sheila
Perfect location for the Norva, shopping, and great restaurants.
1 night romance trip Mar 28, 2014
"Dissapointing experience"
The hotel staff are friendly. The hotel is old, the carpet was dingy and dirty, the sofas had holes. The rooms were noisy, could here every movement from the room above including any movement on the bed. Waited for the elevator it never showd up and had to walk down from the 6th floor. The street noise was really even though it is not the hotel's fault. Will not recommend this hotel
Other trip Mar 31, 2014
Jenny
Nice, but needed hooks on wall in bathroom for clothes. Cut heat off but still warm in room.
1 night trip Mar 14, 2014
"great price and great location"
price was under $100.00. Try staying in trendy downtown Norfolk for this price. Hotel is historic, older, and less posh as the Marriott & Sheraton, but it was clean and comfortable.
Other trip Mar 4, 2014
david
"Friendly staff, unsatisfactory hotel"
The hotel is woefully under-prepared for guests. No ice machine, only coffee in the rooms upon request. The shower had terrible water pressure. I never received either of my wake up calls, either morning. The only positive is two of the hotel staff were very gracious.
2 night business trip Feb 24, 2014
"Would not recommend"
No hot water, wall paper pealing off walls, heater unbearably loud, staff was nice but all in all would not recommend.
Other trip Feb 27, 2014
"Only 2 blocks from the Norva"
Checked in and walked across the street for a beer and some food before the concert at the Norva. Perfect location and the staff went out of their way to do anything to enhance our stay. I will be returning soon...
1 night romance trip Feb 15, 2014
J. Vance
"Close to Venues"
Nice hotel, nice charm with a bit of elegance with the exception of the furniture in our room which was out dated, a bit rickety and scuffed up. When you sat on the left side of the sofa you sank into a hole about the size of half of a basketball. Overall, I would recommend this hotel, as the bed and the pillows were really comfortable. Only thing missing was a continental breakfast!
1 night trip Feb 15, 2014
Elisa
"Wonderful Boutique Hotel for Downtown Norfolk"
Very close to Shopping Mall and Norva. Each room is unique and spacious. Took the family (4) and were comfortable with plenty of space.
Other trip Feb 3, 2014
"Great place to stay after a concert at Norva"
All the hotel staff were exceptionally kind and helpful! We had a corner room on the top floor and enjoyed the view. Restaurants, the Norva and other attractions were within easy walking distance and hotel staff had good information and suggestions for us to try.
Other trip Feb 2, 2014
Rachel
"A comfy bed in a great location"
This is an old hotel that's definitely showing signs of its age, but the staff was great, the bed was surprisingly comfortable and you just can't beat the location. There are lots of good restaurants nearby and its only a five minute walk to the Norva.
Other trip Feb 1, 2014
"stayed over night in norfolk for rock show"
comfortable, convenient location, interesting architecture and room layout, my single bed room had a nice bar area as well as good window views of tazewell st
1 night trip Jan 25, 2014
"Good experience at Tazewell"
The front desk staff were very friendly and accommodating. The location is very convenient to restaurants in downtown Norfolk. I would stay again.
3 night trip Jan 7, 2014
Terri
"Another excellent experience. . ."
Visiting home for a weekend, I stayed here again. I was helping my parents move from one home to another, and was travelling alone, so I went for the cheapest room available. When I arrived, the staff had recognized my name, and upgraded me to a suite, at no extra charge! Sweet deal!
Other trip Jan 6, 2014
Rees
"Good, downtown location, but has some issues"
We deliberately chose to stay at an older hotel for the "character" of a restored building. But were a little disappointed--smelly elevator, broken sink drain stopper (although a maintenance person repaired it quickly when we reported it), a dirty towel left on the bathroom floor. But the room was clean, the price we paid was decent & it was very convenient to downtown sights. All the staff we met were very nice & helpful.
1 night trip Dec 20, 2013
Lydia
"Great Location, tired facilities"
the hotel has a great location, but no in-house restaurant. Many in the neighborhood. Tub faucet leaked in our room (and one other that we moved from).
1 night trip Dec 20, 2013
We had no hot water. Couldn't change the heat settings on the thermostat. Room had been extremely sloppy workmanship - had been painted, but still had sheet rock dust, paint on ceiling and carpet.. furnishings old. Silk purse looking, but really an old sow's ear. Staff was helpful.
1 night trip Dec 12, 2013
"Weekend in Norfolk"
I had to book a last minute trip to Norfolk and found this hotel on expedia. The staff was friendly and helpful and full of suggestions on things to do in spare time. The hotel was very nice and I enjoyed the fact that it wasn't a 'cookie cutter' hotel. The only downside to the location is parking. If you're staying over a weekend parking on the street is free, otherwise, prepare for metered parking or Paying for a parking garage
Other trip Nov 10, 2013
Jen
"Must stay if visiting Down town Norfolk"
The three best parts of the hotel are It's Location, Price and charm. Great for a couple wanting to have a unique romantic experience. Everything is in walking distance and the hotel's historic charm can not be beat. Loved it Loved it Loved it
1 night trip Nov 2, 2013
scott pistella
great hotel. centrally located. staff very nice. nice hotel atmosphere. me and my wife go to Norfolk 2 times a year to visit friends and go the the wine fest. we will stay there everytime in the future
2 night trip Oct 18, 2013
mike
"Fine historic hotel."
This is our third stay. We return because it is like visiting upscale accommodations from 75 or 80 years ago - albeit with modern plumbing, electricity and security.
Other trip Oct 15, 2013
Rees
"Within walking distance to event we were attending"
The location of the Hotel was perfect. We could walk to Chrysler Hall for our evening event. It was also in walking distance to the Greyhound Bus station which was a BIG PLUS.The Hotel Staff was amazing, very helpful. We will definitely stay there on our next trip.
1 night trip Oct 5, 2013
"First and Forever"
First visit and was great from the price ( maybe just "seasonal"? Regardless, was great and worth it!), the room ( amazing bed and comforter), and the staff was terrific! The hideaway elevator has character as does the history of the whole place. Only thing I can say anything "negative" about was the stale cigarette smoke smell lingering in the hallway but was not at all in our room. As nonsmokers, it caught us off guard as we exited the hotel but again, was not at all in our room. Easily forgotten. Definitely will stay here in the future!!
Other trip Oct 2, 2013
JCHAOS
"Don't pay in advance"
I was very pleased with the hotel overall. The room was small but clean and neat with a comfortable bed. The television was the old box style but worked fine. The staff at the front desk were very friendly and helpful. The only complaint I had about the hotel was because I reserved and prepaid my room through an online travel agency. When I checked out, the front desk clerk verified that there was no balance due. However, a couple of days later a charge for the full room rate showed up on my debit card. After calling the hotel, I did receive a credit for the charge back to my account but it took several days for the refund to hit my account.
Other trip Oct 1, 2013
Ken
"Tazewell Hotel review"
Nice old hotel, large rooms, decorated in an old style, but with modern beds/bedding & bathrooms
Other trip Sep 14, 2013
"Needs another renovation stat"
Tazewell was in terrible shape. Our room was clean but crumbling--literally. The ancient AC unit in the wall had panels that kept falling off. It never worked properly during the whole visit, despite repeated visits by maintenance. All the furniture had a lot of wear & tear. The only decent part was the bathroom, which had nice granite features. Even the elevators & coffee machine in the lobby didn't work right. Stay away! Really have no idea how it got such good ratings on the web.
Other trip Sep 3, 2013
AP
"Great place to stay in Downtown Norfolk"
The Hotel was very close to the Norva Theatre where we could walk to the show. I felt safe walking in the neighborhood. There were plenty of places to eat and shop.
1 night trip Aug 27, 2013
"Great for the price & location"
This is an older hotel, so the rooms are a bit outdated, but you can't beat the price for the location. Right on Granby street within walking distance to downtown Norfolk's restaurant/bar scene. So, it was extremely convenient. Our toilet wasn't working, but the front desk sent a maintenance guy up right away who fixed it and brought us fresh towels. Overall, for $100 I was very pleased.
1 night trip with friends Aug 24, 2013
Lauren
"Lovely,older downtown hotel with convenientaccess"
Enjoyable as a stopover on our way south. Would stay here again if in the area.
1 night family trip Aug 6, 2013
"Charming"
Stayed here overnight after a show at Chrysler Hall. I really enjoyed the charm of the hotel (and being able to walk to the venue). It is older and shows its age in some areas (small elevator, carpet stains, etc) but overall I was very pleased with my stay. The bed was super comfortable (one of the best hotel beds in my recent memory) and the hotel staff friendly and accommodating. We had a corner room with a big window and a decent view (remember the hotel is in the middle of the city). Parking could be an issue, however we arrived during the day and found a garage 1 1/2 blocks away - the process was mostly painless. There are many restaurants/ bars within walking distance and also a 7-11 for a late night beer/snack run, if desired. My boyfriend doesn't agree with my rating citing "the room was nice, but the lobby and hallways seemed old". Different strokes for different folks I guess - You either appreciate it for what it is, or you don't. If I ever visit downtown Norfolk again I will definitely stay at the Tazewell.
1 night trip Jun 19, 2013
"Charming historic hotel"
The Tazewell Hotel has that charm and character that give you a sense you are stepping back in time. The architectural details inside and out are impressive, even down to the elevator interior. The room was cozy and clean, and the staff were very friendly and helpful.
Other trip Aug 7, 2013
Todd
"Tazewell"
The Tazewell Hotel is a charming older hotel but the current management is either bleeding it dry or lacks the resources to maintain adequate upkeep. Everything appears to be held together with a band aid.
Other trip Aug 4, 2013
RRT
"my review"
we have stayed at this hotel 2 times this year. very good location for what we come to Norfolk for. rooms are very clean and the beds are awesome!! feels like we are in a historical place.. very friendly employees. needs coffee in lounge though.
1 night trip Jul 12, 2013
"Great service and great place to stay"
The service was terrific. The staff made you feel as if you were their friend.
1 night family trip Jul 7, 2013
"Good downtown hotel for the price."
The hotel room was nothing special: spacious, but slightly run down. Its location, though, right downtown, made it a great place to stay.
Other trip Jun 30, 2013
Carl
"Good location for NORVA"
I was just here overnight for a concert at the NORVA and you cannot beat the location. Lots of food options within walking distance. Hotel is older and the walls in my bedroom were a little marked, but the hotel service was excellent. It was hot and humid but my room was cool and clean. The beds were comfortable and the bathroom was large. I would definitely stay here again. The front desk even called me after I arrived to make sure everything in my room was good.
1 night trip Jun 23, 2013
Tammy
"Favorite place in Norfolk!"
Always look forward to staying here. Staff is fantastic. Hotel is older which I find endearing.
Other trip Jun 26, 2013
Clean rooms, good location and extremely helpful staff.
Other trip Jun 23, 2013
Bird73
Great!!! Me and my husband enjoyed ourselves. Our room was great!!! We will return.
1 night romance trip Jun 15, 2013
lisa
Great location. Personal friendly service. Very helpful to someone unfamiliar to the area
Other trip Jun 7, 2013
"Close to things we wanted to see and do"
We really enjoyed our stay at the Tazewell Hotel. The staff were friendly and did not hestiate to make suggestions on local restaurants and other things to do. We will stay here again on our next trip to Norfolk.
1 night trip May 31, 2013
"Excellent hotel in a great location"
Large clean room and friendly staff at a reasonable rate. The hotel's excellent location in downtown Norfolk is also within walking distance to the cruise ship terminal. I will gladly stay there again.
Other trip May 27, 2013