All hotels in Woodbridge, New Jersey, United States of America

Dirty
Very loud room neighbors
1 night family trip Mar 25, 2016
Lorna
"Hotel Review Extended Stay America, Woodbridge NJ"
Please stay away from this hotel. I paid lot $ for a room in this hotel. All extended stay amenities were missing. When I asked for them, I was provided amenities (plates, mugs etc.), but their condition was very bad. No trash can in the room/bath room. I checked-in at around 10 Pm . As I went up the elevator to my room on the 2nd floor, the elevator, hallway as well as my room was smelly. Grab-n-go breakfast wasn't worth at all. Please stay away from this hotel. Lot $ to pay for hat I received.
Response by Extended Stay America - Woodbridge - Newark
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. Please accept our apologies that your stay was not to our company’s high standards. While we no longer keep dishes in guest rooms, these items are available upon request at the front desk. In response to your feedback, I will make sure we are clearly communicating our amenities during guest arrivals as well as reviewing our room inspection procedures. Thanks to your feedback, we can continue to work on providing an exceptional stay for all of our guests. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
1 night trip with friends Mar 20, 2016
Rahul
"They could of done better with their cleaning."
Nothing special.
Response by Extended Stay America - Woodbridge - Newark
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize for the housekeeping issues you experienced. In response to your feedback, I will retrain our housekeeping staff on our cleaning procedures and will make sure we are thoroughly inspecting rooms prior to guest arrivals. I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
1 night family trip Mar 7, 2016
emely
It was ok for one night except thw heat didnt work
1 night romance trip Jan 12, 2016
Deliliah
"This hotel is very clean, quite and nice friendly"
I stayed here because I was to tired to drive home
Response by Extended Stay America - Woodbridge - Newark
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our friendly customer service as well as our comfortable rooms. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.
Other trip Jan 14, 2016
"Litter under the beds. Scary people in laundry rm."
Booked a studio two queen bed for a 4 night stay. They could not find reservation even though I showed them my email confirmation. When they finally figured it out, I was provided a room on second floor. It was orderly but not too clean. When I began to unpack and went to put slippers under bed, I saw empty beverage bottles (about 5 in total) along with dust balls and other litter under bed. My boyfriend went to front desk to let them know. They said they would send someone to clean it up. Never came. The next morning we complained, Ms. GREENE said she would address it. Never did. The rest of stay was quiet except for some transients in the laundry room that scared the living crap out of me. If you stay here, check under the bed and don't go to laundry room alone past midnight, creepy people watch TV there in the wee hours that are not guests.
Other trip Sep 30, 2015
Rooms (4) where not ready on time,lousy breakfast,nobody on the counter at checkout time
Response by Extended Stay America - Woodbridge - Newark
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. Please accept our apologies that your stay was not to our company’s high standards. In response to your feedback, we will continue to strive to provide each guest with a comfortable stay and great customer service. Thanks to your feedback, we can continue to work on providing an exceptional stay for all of our guests. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
1 night trip with friends Sep 26, 2015
julio
"I had an awful time"
As I walked into the hotel, the receptionist wasn't there. Had to wait a good 10 minutes with my belongings and I was rushing to use the bathroom. Once I got the room, I've noticed I got a queen sized bed when I specifically asked for a king size. I even paid extra for it. The AC wasn't working. I called in to change the room but the guy on the phone said all the other rooms were booked. Both me and my partner couldn't enjoy the stay in as it was super hot, didn't get the service we were expecting and on top of it all, we hardly had any sleep. I feel I should get a free 2 day weekend stay in as a courtesy to make up the awful time I had here at the Extended Stay America Hotel.
1 night romance trip Sep 12, 2015
Wahid
Seemed a little out of date. The room was ok, staff was good..just dark common areas.
1 night family trip Jul 24, 2015
milagros
"Unorganized"
Was checked into a dirty room twice. Also had to wait an additional hour past the check in to get into a room.
Response by Extended Stay America - Woodbridge - Newark
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. Please accept our apologies for your experience at check-in. To prevent this from happening again, I will be making sure all of our rooms are inspected thoroughly prior to guest arrivals. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Other trip Jul 28, 2015
nice place only, need better references to find in the gps or google map
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
Rocio
"not worth the rate."
screws on the door latch were very loose -not secured at all-, smelly room, bathtub needs to be change (dirty and peeling). Advertise free breakfast but only offer coffee, oat bars, muffins and bananas.
Response by Extended Stay America - Woodbridge - Newark
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I was disheartened to read that your stay did not meet our company’s high standards. Please accept my apology. In response to your feedback, I will have our maintenance engineer inspect our rooms and will be working with our front desk staff to ensure we are clearly communicating our amenities. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
1 night business trip Jul 24, 2015
"Very Nice Hotel"
I ended up staying at this hotel last minute as the hotel I originally booked in was absolutely disgusting. This hotel was very clean and accommodating, I would stay here again anytime. It was in a good location close to the highways. It has a nice kitchen set-up which would be nice is I was staying longer.
2 night business trip Jul 15, 2015
An ok stay for the price. Friendly staff. The shower was dirty, had mold on the stripping. The bed was ok, don't know if the drive put me to sleep, but slept I slept through the night. No staff readily available through the night. They had an on call service through the overnight. No utensils in the room, had to call for some, and no ice machine.
Response by Extended Stay America - Woodbridge - Newark
Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. The cleanliness issues you described are unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. In response to your feedback, I am making sure we replace the stripping in your room. Additionally, I will be working with our staff to ensure we are clearly communicating our amenities during guest arrivals. I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.
Other trip Jul 21, 2015
RosaLind
It was okay
Response by Extended Stay America - Woodbridge - Newark
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Please accept our apologies that you were not completely satisfied with your stay. Still, we are glad to know that we were able to accommodate your needs. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
1 night romance trip Jul 15, 2015
wilson
"Not worth the stay or money."
The room had a stench of body odor and mildew, the door had a huge gap and crack on it which anyone could peep through, the bed was loud which made it an uncomfortable night's sleep. We called the front desk, they told us someone would call the room back, and they never did.
Response by Extended Stay America - Woodbridge - Newark
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. The cleanliness issues you described are unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. In response to your feedback, I will be working with our staff to ensure we are responding to guest needs in a timely manner as well as working to deep clean our rooms. I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.
Other trip Jul 17, 2015
"added deposit at check in"
when you make your reservation you can opt to pay upon arrival. If you choose to pay cash they want an additional $100.00 deposit in cash. That is not disclosed when you make the reservation. There are NO garbage cans in the room, and the tubs need work. Not at all what I expected. There were no kitchen utensils. If you wanted them it was an additional cost. No cups or dishes to use if you bought outside food & drink in.
Response by Extended Stay America - Woodbridge - Newark
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. It upsets me to hear that our amenities were not properly explained during check-in. I am sorry for your experience. While we no longer keep dishes in guest rooms, these items are available upon request at the front desk for no additional fee. To ensure that a situation like yours doesn't happen again, my team is being trained to properly inform all guests about our deposit and utensil policies. I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.
Other trip Jul 4, 2015
Kee
"Home away from home"
Crew member of an airline, who occasionally not able to commute home due to work schedule. My stay was short, the rooms were comfortable, clean and spacious, the hotel employees were very attentive, and informative
Response by Extended Stay America - Woodbridge - Newark
Antoine - Thank you for your great review. We strive to provide our guests with a home away from home experience, so we are thrilled to hear that we did just that during your stay. Thank you again for your kind words. We hope to see you again soon.
1 night business trip Jun 24, 2015
Antoine
"Tolerable"
Shower drain not worky well n breakfast was empty coffee thermos n muffins in plastic hardly a continental breakfast.....unless Albania is included.........on plus side relatively clean but dated Internet worked and walking distance to some stores
Response by Extended Stay America - Woodbridge - Newark
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that our grab-and-go breakfast was not fully stocked and that you experienced maintenance issues. In response to your feedback, I am making sure our staff stocks our breakfast area adequately and will have our maintenance engineer inspect your shower. I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.
2 night business trip Jun 20, 2015
Patrick
"Comfortable, dated hotel in Woodbridge NJ"
Dated hotel in Woodbridge. We had to wait for a bit while we were being checked in. Seemed to take a while. Breakfast is very minimal. Grab and go. Rooms are comfortable, clean.
Response by Extended Stay America - Woodbridge - Newark
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Please accept our apologies for the delay at check-in and that our grab-and-go breakfast was not to your liking. Still, we are happy to know that we were able to provide a comfortable stay overall. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
1 night family trip Jun 19, 2015
"Dated hotel,clean comfortable stay."
We got there late. Had to wait while we were checked in, others in front of us. Seemed to take a long time. Hotel is dated. Needs an update. Rooms were clean though. Breakfast is grab and go. Very minimal.
Response by Extended Stay America - Woodbridge - Newark
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. Please accept our apologies for the delay you experienced at check-in. We are sorry for this issue, but we are happy to read that we provided you with a clean and comfortable stay overall. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
1 night family trip Jun 19, 2015
Arun S
"great for the price"
A very good hotel for extended stays no matter what your needs are.
Response by Extended Stay America - Woodbridge - Newark
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and all the amenities our hotel has to offer. I’m thrilled you found our hotel to be a great value. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
2 night business trip Jun 17, 2015
Roderick
The hotel needs more personnel, is incredible to believe that the recepcionist has to deal also with house keeping.
Response by Extended Stay America - Woodbridge - Newark
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that your needs were not attended to at a timely manner. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am making sure we are appropriately staffed in the future. I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.
1 night family trip Jun 12, 2015
Maria del Carmen
"Best value in the area"
Well renovated, courteus front desk.
Response by Extended Stay America - Woodbridge - Newark
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I am glad to read that you were pleased with your stay and our great value. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
2 night romance trip May 23, 2015
Gayrat
"Never again"
This hotel is rundown and dirty. The halls are dark and smell very stale. I arrived at 1:30AM and was scolded for dialing "0" for assistance,on the wrong phone. There was nothing at all in the kitchenette. Apparently you have to request everything. One of the two burners were broken. The screen was hanging off the window. The bathroom was dirty, as was the carpet. Even the desk chair was broken.
7 night family trip May 11, 2015
All was great
1 night romance trip Mar 28, 2015
Gayrat
"Bad Exp"
The person at the counter was sleeping. Had to wait for more than 30 minutes to get served.
1 night romance trip May 9, 2015
"Good stay for the price"
We just wanted a place to stay overnight not too far from Staten Island that was affordable. This was a good deal for us. Had some trouble finding the place and had to back track. A better sign might have helped, as it is located behind a park and you have to enter via the park entrance. Staff very nice, but never did bring us cups to the room. There was only 1 plastic cup available. Room has a kitchen in it for those who want to cook and a large refrig/freezer. You have to request the pots/pans, dishes, etc. We didn't need this feature, but for an extended stay it is a plus. Bed was very comfortable, but there was only one bedside table & the floor lamp in the corner didn't work.
Other trip May 11, 2015
Debbie
"good stay"
the room was clean and I would stay there again
2 night romance trip May 2, 2015
Leon
"Great Place to Stay"
It was Great!
1 night romance trip Mar 28, 2015
Candice
"Seven /eight"
One night and things were ok. No issues in, out,easy.
1 night family trip May 1, 2015
"Would not recommend"
Me and my boyfriend decided to stay here last minute on a Saturday in April 2015 . Check in was fine . Definitely get what you pay for with this as soon as you walk in its very cheap looking paint pealing off and they wrote down my room number and the wifi code on a post it note. Can't even afford those nice booklets regular hotels give you your room info in. Next we get to our door and the door won't open. I went back down to the desk and they had a very nice gentlemen reprogram the key and come and open the door for us. The room was decent looking not terrible but the bed wasn't comfortable nor were the blankets and sheets . My Boyfriend actually went back out to his car to retrieve spare blankets we have so we could be comfortable. Next, I sat at one corner of the bed and the entire mattress lifted up to my side and was about to fall over . I had my boyfriend look at the bed and one of the posts bottom pieces were missing . I called the desk and the same nice gentlemen came in to look at it but by then my boyfriend had used a roll of toilet paper to keep the bed up. They asked if we wanted to switch rooms but we had already settled in and it was late . The women at the desk was very nice and said if we had any issues again to please call her . Nice staff bad hotel will NEVER stay at an extended stay America again .
1 night romance trip Apr 25, 2015
Nadiah
"Old hotel, good to have a smoking room"
We had an okay stay, hotel needs an upgrade. The only good thing was the smking room, the price can be cheaper and you need transportation. Spent alot of money on TOLLS!!
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
JS
"Nice hotel for over night visit."
The room was ok but they need do some refunds when you can't make it. The smoking rooms need more attention as far as the smell. And they need to wash the bedspreads. That's disgusting.
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
Carrie
"Valentine's day"
Very clean, great staff at the front desk. Quiet. Comfortable bed
tara
Breakfast was a disappointment. It was not disclose before reservation that it's grab and go. Choices are very few(about 3 fruit included). WIFI was terrible, it was not likewise disclose that guests has to pay additional money to have a normal connection. The free connection was very very "poor". I think it's just a ploy so that guests will pay for higher connection. This was my first experience in your hotel and will not be back or recommend it to anybody , well probably to my enemies or people I don't like.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
Jessie
"won't stay here again"
food still in the refrig from previous guest. heat didn't work. no shampoo or conditioner apparently you have to ask for these items.
1 night business trip Dec 8, 2014
"Nice to stay in and they take pets"
The staff was not too helpful this stay tall are asking too many questions the stay was okay
Response by Extended Stay America - Woodbridge - Newark
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that you had a good stay and that you enjoyed our pet-friendly policy. Still, I do apologize that our staff was not helpful. I will be meeting with my team to review our customer service standards so that your experience in this regard is not repeated. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Other trip Nov 21, 2014
Carrie
"Just OK, look elsewhere"
There were some issues with the room that didn't get addressed. Not major but still I was surprised that no one came up within the week that I was there to fix them despite my requests. I had to go the front desk to ask for shampoo, etc, I'm not sure if this is normal for Extended Stay but that's how this one seems to work. Overall, the room was clean and safe and the major systems worked but everything is dated and could use some updates.
Response by Extended Stay America - Woodbridge - Newark
Greg - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am sorry to hear that you encountered some minor issues with your room during your visit with us. As well, I sincerely apologize that these issues were not properly addressed by our staff. I will be meeting with our staff to ensure your experience is not repeated. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
4 night business trip Nov 3, 2014
Greg
"Happy"
Nice place
1 night business trip Oct 28, 2014
Edward
The hotel is fine in set up, etc. The cleanliness is generally OK, but I have twice found long dark hair on the toilet when I arrived. And this time my toilet backed up which was not pleasant. The staff was quite pleasant though
Other trip Oct 23, 2014
Freq. Traveler
"Do not bother not dependable took payment no room."
They did not honor my hotels.com reservations. Said it was cancelled my some unknown person. They were rude and had no resolution.
1 night family trip Oct 11, 2014
"Not worth the price"
This place was very disappointing. First I get disturbrd by a maintenance man saying he needed a plunger for another rooms emergency. The top of the fridge looked like it hadn't been cleaned in years. The towels had stains on them. And to top it off all night there were loud groups of men and women yelling in the halls.
Response by Extended Stay America - Woodbridge - Newark
Hi there, The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. I am so disappointed that we did not meet your, nor our own, expectations . Please accept my apology. Thank you for bringing your concerns to my attention and allowing me the opportunity to address them. I hope you will allow us another chance to serve you more favorably the next time you are in the area. Again, thank you!
1 night trip Oct 11, 2014
"Good Hotel & Good Service"
I found the hotel to be nice, very clean, the basic services were very good. The front desk very cooperative & friendly. Breakfast was too basic, had to wait too long. All around I would recommend this hotel.
Response by Extended Stay America - Woodbridge - Newark
I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your clean room and our friendly staff during your visit. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our team. Still, I apologize if our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations. Your comments will be helpful as we continue to improve our breakfast offering. Thank you again for your review. We hope to see you again soon.
1 night business trip Oct 11, 2014
A. Abel
"low"
This hotel is average and i would not recommend this if you are looking for something that may fit well within ur standards
1 night romance trip Sep 29, 2014
Niovi
we were traveling on business and did not carry shampoo or soap, this hotel does not have any cleaning supply besides the towells.
1 night trip Sep 10, 2014
daniel zaidenberg
"unkept, unclean, and unprofessional"
Terrible
1 night trip Sep 23, 2014
"VERY clean!"
Very good in most ways, but we don't like the new policy of a kitchen bare of essentials. It's a nuisance to guests, and a strain on staff, to run back and forth every time you want a class, knife, etc.
2 night trip Aug 30, 2014
"Okay, not great"
We chose this hotel because the room had a refrigerator and microwave that we really needed, so in that sense it served our purpose. However, the customer service was poor. The bathroom only provided two soaps, no shampoo/conditioner or toothpaste. Also, they would not deliver anything to the room: I was asked to pick up a coffee maker from the front desk. We had a non-smoking room but the long corridor to our room reeked of tobacco smoke. They had other rooms on the same floor which were not smoke free.
1 night trip Aug 30, 2014