All hotels in San Ramon, California, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here18000 San Ramon Valley Blvd, San Ramon, CA, 94583, United States of America, ‏‎800-658-6760

2.9
Worst bed ever.
10 night business trip Sep 12, 2013
Donavon
"Great Basic Room"
Pros: Have reliable, free internet service. Nice to have kitchenette, cooktop, full-size refrigerator. Room 4 Improvement: SLOW internet -- there was no option to pay for faster internet. Large files took a long time to download. Bathroom fan was loud. Refrigerator door did not close all the way. I reserved a King room, but they did not have it when I got there, so ended up with a Queen.
4 night trip Sep 8, 2013
It wasn't anything to recommend to anyone else. I will say that the person who checked me in was very nice and helpful.
3 night trip Sep 16, 2013
T
The overall stay was fine, but I was not happy with the room service. My boyfriend and I left the room for the day around 10:30 in the morning and was not cleaned when we got back that evening even though we noticed that the cleaning crew was still working on the first floor when we left.
2 night trip Aug 31, 2013
"Didn't fit the bill"
I was disappointed that my request for a non-smoking room may have been met witha non-smoking room (although there were no signs to indicate that it was) however there was an odor of cigarette smoke. To add to the disappointment, the mattress was creaky and uncomfortable not offerring any kind of support and the bed sheets has spots of mold all over them. I would have mentioned this to the staff upon check out but no questions about my stay were offered.
2 night trip Aug 31, 2013
"Unprofessional and Unapologetic"
I spent 40 minutes trying to check in because they messed up my reservation. The staff talked about me in front of me instead of working with me to resolve the problem. The person they also tried to check in during these 40 minutes had a reservation on their phone, but it wasn't in their system. No apologies, no attempt to make it right, just "we don't have a room for you". Room was tiny, curtain held up my push pins was sketchy, nothing stored in the kitchen to make it useful. Am I supposed to travel with my own coffee cups? Would never stay here again.
1 night trip Aug 23, 2013
"Fantastic!"
My daughter and I loved the hotel! It felt like a nice home-away-from home :) They even gave us a free bag of popcorn and the staff was really friendly!
1 night trip Aug 24, 2013
Camilia
"Inexpensive, convenient, but uncomfortably"
Room was right off the highway and fairly low priced. The front desk was pleasant and helpful, but didn't have sheets and cover ready for pullout for pullout bed. The front desk provided bedding for pullout, but we the found the coffee pot wasn't emptied and washed. We also had to request a shower curtain which room service forgot to replace. We had a hard time regulating the temperature and endured a stuffy and warm night's stay.
Other trip Aug 27, 2013
"Easy access from the freeway"
Arrived for weekend soccer tournament, staying at the hotel for 2 nights. First night was fine though the beds were hard. The next morning about 10am we heard a very loud vibration coming from the walls (bathroom?). We called the front desk and they said they'd take care of it. When we returned to the room about 7pm that evening, it was quiet so we assumed all was taken care of. A few minutes later the front desk called and asked if we wanted to remain in that room or if we wanted to move to another room we would have to make that decision immediately since every room in the hotel was full! We decided to move to a different room since he didn't sound confident that the problem would remain resolved! So, we moved across a hall and down two rooms. The air conditioner in that room didn't work well - we had to put it down to 60 (the lowest it would go) to be cool enough. About 6am the following morning that same noise, though not as loud, was heard. We concluded that the hotel has a severe plumbing problem and would not stay there again.
Other trip Aug 27, 2013
Lorraine
"Best Bang for your buck."
The pros for our stay: 1. Appropriate rate for room. 2. Clean and comfortable. 3. Good location to the soccer tournament we were attending. Cons for our stay: 1. Staff was overwhelmed at check in, and it took too much time to check in. Manager was missing, and phone wasn't working and the front desk person was new. 2. Room didn't have toiletries, nor was the sleeper prepared. I had to walk back to pick up those things. 3. Room AC/Heating unit wasn't working and there wasn't anyone on site to fix it. Had to leave our door open to air it out, which let in the heat.
1 night trip Aug 23, 2013
"service not so good"
Check in was at 3:00 we arrived at 5:30 room not ready. We went and had dinner and returned about an hour later. Room still not ready. There was urine on the toilet seat and sticky on the kitchen bar. There was a coffee pot and coffee, but there were no coffee cups or water lasses. I can understand that there was not shampoo, conditioner or lotion, but there was not even a bar of soap. Bed was not comfortable. Breakfast was okay.
2 night trip Aug 22, 2013
"Disappointing"
The room was filthy. There was one dish, one cup, one spoon, one fork, 1 knife. The location is great but the hotel and service were very disappointing. I will not return.
2 night business trip Aug 19, 2013
The bathroom shower could have used a little maintenance (new caulking), but otherwise the room was very nice.
2 night trip Aug 19, 2013
"Met our needs."
Expedia.com's website mixed up the locations of two different hotels with similar names--"Extended Stay America San Ramon - Bishop Ranch - West" with "Extended Stay America San Ramon - Bishop Ranch - East". It certainly caused some confusions.
Other trip Aug 21, 2013
Ken
Would prefer they change the sheets more often!
5 night trip Aug 14, 2013
"Hotel did not meet basic expectations"
Stayed at Extended Stay America Sam Ramon for 3 nights, and I could not wait for my stay to get over. The room had weird smell at all times. Not only was my bathroom exhaust rattling and noisy, I could even hear the exhaust from the guest staying directly above me. I would definitely avoid this hotel.
Other trip Aug 15, 2013
Mohan
"Unbearable Hotel"
I think the stuff need to be retrained. I think the stuff need to be retrained.
Other trip Aug 14, 2013
"Not a great facility"
I found the room to be crowded and the hide-a-bed couch was supposed to be able to fit 2 kids. It was very small and one child has to share our king size bed. . The bed we had (adults) was hard and it made noise every time we moved. Not comfortable at all. The staff was friendly and accomodating. The hotel itself has absolutely no frills. No pool, spa, or workout room. I would not stay there again.
Other trip Aug 11, 2013
"Hotel Review"
During a 2 week period we stayed at this hotel (as it was the only one available in our area) twice. When we checked in at 4 pm when we got to our room the maid was still cleaning our room. The refrigerator in the first room we stayed in was very noisy and ran all night long. This hotel would not be our first choice however, it is a great location when we visit San Ramon Ca. We also liked the refrigerator and microwave in the room.
Other trip Aug 10, 2013
Cheryl
"Not the best, by okay"
The room wasn't very clean, there was no cups or shampoo..
Other trip Aug 5, 2013
"ok but lacking"
since i'd never stayed at an extended stay before, i guess i was under the impression it was like any other hotel with maid service and such...it was not...the bed was very uncomfortable and there was virtually no water pressure in the shower...when my son and daughter-in-law came in early and wanted to get their room for an extra nite they were told by the clerk that she didn't know how to do that and all she could do was fold laundry...very disappointing...they ended up sleeping on the floor of my room...i would pay the extra to stay in a better place
1 night family trip Jul 27, 2013
jane
Not a positive experience. Check in was supposed to be at 3:00pm, couldn't get in until after 4pm. Then found the garbages hadn't been dumped and there were no wash cloths or hand towels. The response, "yeah, we're kinda backed up on cleaning." And to top it all off, could not lock the door from the outside! Had to pull up the door to get it to latch on the inside. Almost stepped in dog droppings in the parking lot. Overall, maintenance leaves A LOT to be desired!
1 night trip Jul 23, 2013
"Good location."
The curtain in the room didn't close all the way. They told me they will send someone to fix it, but they never did. The counter around the bathroom sink had soap marks left by the previous guest, so that tells me that they barely cleaned the room. No toiletries and when I asked for shampoo they told me they ran out. Heard another guest complain about something in her room and the answer was the housekeeping personel had an emergency, so they were short of people.
Other trip Jul 22, 2013
"Broken door lock"
I was upset that my door lock didn't work properly, and although they promised to come look at it, they never did. I doubt I would stay there again. The room was OK, except for the noisy shower.
1 night business trip Jul 16, 2013
"Served it's purpose"
Slept well. Quiet. Within a short distance of where I needed to be. Kind of pricey for the area. Not sure what the mattress was made of, but it had a distinctive crunch with any movement. Tight quarters/small kitchen, better suited for one person. Design not appropriate to have kitchen right next to the bathroom where if you had a cabinet door open, the bathroom door would bang right into it. Breakfast offering was scant and limited to breakfast bars and hot tea or coffee. No pool. Staff upon arrival was organized and friendly.
2 night trip Jul 9, 2013
Janice
"Worse customer service ever"
The customer service is horrible. The manager was ridiculously rude. The guy that eventually helped us an hour and a half later charged my card three times, which was refunded 3 days later. The hotel is a good location and clean but beds are rock hard and rooms are cramped and tiny.
1 night business trip Jun 15, 2013
Kristie
"Horrible"
It was traumatic. They assigned me a room which was already occupied by someone else. I checked in late. First the key didn't work. Then when it worked I walked in to this room with someone sleeping and they literally shouted at me to get out of the room. BAD SERVICE !
1 night trip Jun 7, 2013
"Practical hotel"
I was disappointed that there was no glass nor cup in the kitchen or bathroom and no shampoo nor hand lotion, etc....very basic setup. Also, did not use the minimal continental breakfast since no juice available....breakfast included is misleading.
Other trip Jun 9, 2013
"Bake-R-Freeze"
The only problem I had during my stay was with the climate control system. It was one of those systems I call "Bake-R-Freeze" climate control. A guest has only two choices, to bake or to freeze.
Other trip Jun 6, 2013
Grant
"Poor quality of room"
Not what I paid for! The first room had a toilet that was used by someone, but not flushed....reason there was no water. The second room that was allotted had no running water in the shower...forget hot or cold, there was no water. I just decided to skip shower and get out first thing in the morning and left at 6am the next day!
1 night trip Jun 1, 2013
"Nice place to stay for the event!"
Only complaint was we had to ask the staff to replenish some items from the coffee bar, but the staff seemed friendly.
Other trip Jun 1, 2013
risenheir
Devon, who was the clerk on duty at the front desk when I checked in, was so wonderful, welcoming, positive, cheerful...just great!!! She is a great role model for all of your hotels!!!
1 night business trip May 29, 2013
location too noisy (close to freeway); poorly equipped with towels, dish soap; trash on outside of building; slow service at front desk
2 night family trip May 28, 2013
"Less than you need"
This hotel is called a suite but it leaves you wishing you had stayed elsewhere. For the most part the room was clean. It had new flooring. The blood splatter on the wall in the bathroom was gross (not a lot, but enough). There was no ice machine. There were no plates but we had 2 forks, spoons, knives, 1 spatula, 1 slotted spoon, and 1 colander. We called the office and requested plates. Still haven't gotten them. The only trash can was found under the bathroom sink. There were no shampoo, conditioner, or lotion bottles in the room. Come to find out they only have shampoo, they will not bring it to your room, and don't always answer the office phone. Cheap: yes Worth it: not to me!
1 night trip May 23, 2013
"Unreliable cleaning service"
The front desk service was good. However, due to no show of the cleaning clew, I almost didn't get my room even I have booked it and checked in 1.5 hour after the official check-in time.
1 night trip May 18, 2013
Ruth
Better than most Extended Stays Inn.
1 night business trip May 13, 2013
rb
"Room in a pinch"
This hotel was OK. It might be remodeled, but looks like from the 50's to the 80's. I had asked for a non-smoking room, yet Hotels.com booked me a smoking room. Not cool. At ESA, the first room they tried had no microwave and the stove was all torn apart. The next room they had to scavenge a stove element so I could cook. Totally not impressed.
1 night trip Apr 24, 2013
Ian
"Not a great hotel"
Could not get a receipt because it was booked they Expedia. Absurd. Breakfast was vending machine quality. Toeletries located at front desk. Absurd. Would not stay there again.
Other trip Apr 25, 2013
Jg
"Hard beds, no shampoo."
Bed was hard, not very comfortable. No shampoo in the bathroom. It was clean and the staff was friendly and polite. If you don't mind sleeping on a hard bed then it's ok but be sure to bring your own shampoo. This was the first hotel I have ever stayed at in which shampoo wasn't provided.
Other trip Apr 23, 2013
Dale
"Decent"
Breakfast was an absolute joke. Bed not comfortable. Need to update the bed.
1 night business trip Apr 9, 2013
"Great place to stay with a great staff."
The staff was great. Especially Devon the desk clerk and Brett in maint. We had some minor issues and these two were great. Staff is more important than the physical plant. As long as it is clean and smell good my focus is always more on how I am treated by the staff. These two could work for me anytime.
Other trip Apr 10, 2013
"San Ramon CA Extended Stay America Bishop Ranch"
The hotel mini suites were clean and well maintained. The location is a.amazing; for instance, within 6 miles you are able to see a movie, visit beauty shops, and shop! Staff was great too.
2 night family trip Mar 29, 2013
"Too smokey!"
Room was ok. 1st room was to have been non smoking but could cut smoke smell with a knife ( desk said it was non smoking but last guest had done it. Must have smoked non stop). Moved to a smoking room that was much, less smokey. Courteous staff. Bed ok. Excellent location. Wireles internet very slow, but free.
1 night business trip Mar 20, 2013
R C
My stay was very nice, Receptionist was very polite, had a smile on her face when I walked in, and very pleasant. Only thing, bed was a little uncomfortable. But, overall, would stay here again.
1 night trip Mar 8, 2013
I thought it was a great place to stay. Just war: you need to ask for toiletries at the front desk, because any in the room (no a bad thing though). The bed was nice and comfy and the room was spacious. Felt like a little studio. No business center, however Kinkos is not far.
2 night trip Feb 15, 2013
Rachel
"Sleepless"
The hotel is so close to the freeway and a main thoroughfare that the noise came through the poorly insulated unsound proof walls. The bathroom fan rattled and the refrigerator was so loud and on all night. Wouldn't go back. At least the employees were nice.
1 night trip Feb 3, 2013
Bruce
"Terrible hotel"
Absolutely terrible. Just gross. Nothing else to add.
Other trip Dec 8, 2012
The hotel had an incense smell in the lobby and the room that was very strong.
1 night business trip Nov 27, 2012
The fan in bathroom of 237 is faulty and very loud
1 night family trip Nov 24, 2012
"close to family location"
wonderful; will come again next year!
6 night trip Nov 18, 2012