All hotels in Kansas City, Missouri, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here4535 Main St, Kansas City, MO, 64111, United States of America, ‏‎800-658-6760

"Breakfast not what supposed to be."
There was supposed to be fruit for breakfast but did not have fruit either day. No healthy options so we were very dissappointed.
2 night family trip Mar 19, 2015
Debra
"Disappointing"
This is a last resort reservation. If you can get into another hotel around the area, I would. The rooms smell moldy or like old cigar smoke. Staff was unfriendly.
1 night trip with friends Mar 14, 2015
"Good bed,...not breakfast."
Just in for a few days of basketball tournament. It was hard to call what was 'put out' being breakfast.
2 night romance trip Mar 12, 2015
Gregg
"Hotel was good, breakfast wasn't good"
I thought the hotel wasn't bad. My only thing I didn't like was the breakfast. They only had muffins, granola bars, fruit, and coffee. Would have liked more of a selection for the price I paid.
1 night trip with friends Mar 7, 2015
"Just ok"
It was ok.
1 night romance trip Feb 21, 2015
"a great stay"
It was a great stay we enjoyed it was able to cook dinner for family.
1 night family trip Feb 18, 2015
kevona
Me and a friend were in town for a concert. This place was close to everywhere we were going (museums and Uptown Theater). And it was a good price compared to the hotels around it.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
"plaza"
Great
1 night romance trip Jan 30, 2015
"Good location to the plaza"
The weather was good and a lot was within walking distance including art museums, library, and the plaza.
Response by Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that the weather was good and you were able to enjoy the plaza. Thank you again for posting your review. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.
Other trip Jan 17, 2015
Room is clean and spacious but one of the female staff is not very friendly and unprofessional. Other people are friendly. I definitely recommended to my friends.
Response by Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I appreciate your comments about your clean and spacious room; however, I am sorry to read that one of our staff members provided you with poor service. In response to your review, I will be meeting with my team to review our customer service standards. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Other trip Jan 10, 2015
"New Years Celebration"
Went to power & light district for new years, you could get a taxi in minutes from the hotel. The room and stay was good the only bad thing was around 10 am next door somebody was taking a shower and you could literally hear the room shake and made a huge noise. It was scary, everyone was awake already so didn't bother us, but if that would have happened while sleeping I would of been furious. The water plumbing definitely needs work, I was scared to take a shower after hearing all the noise coming from the room next to us. Sounded like an elephant. Overall not a bad hotel for the price i paid.
1 night trip with friends Dec 31, 2014
"key card issues"
Rented 2 rooms on the 3rd floor. One room was incredibly difficult to open the key carded door. Had to visit the front desk 3 times to get them to even come up to the room to help. There was another couple that was having the same issue and the front desk clerk told them to "just keep trying, you have to be patient." Overall though, i enjoyed the cost of the room, and close proximity to Westport, the Plaza, and downtown.
1 night trip with friends Dec 31, 2014
"Probably will skip next time"
Stayed for a conference in KC. The hotel was not out dated and had the appearance of cleanliness in the lobby, etc but the room was not very clean. I always inspect the sheets before I climb in and there was hair in both beds. The room appeared to be "wiped down", but closer inspection showed that it was not really clean. The tub had grit stains, the shower curtain had mold on the bottom it as if it hadn't been washed or bleached - kind of gross. The sink knobs had calcium crust that I easily removed with a little elbow grease and a wash cloth. I probably will skip next time.
3 night trip with friends Dec 28, 2014
Elisha
"Acceptable but not by much..."
Our first room was not clean. This also happened to a customer checking in after us...
1 night family trip Dec 27, 2014
"Not delux accomodations but very satisfactory."
Our stay was satisfactory overall. The bed was fantastic as comfortable as any delux hotel in which we have ever stayed.
Response by Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. It is great to read that you enjoyed your comfortable bed and clean room. As well, I am thrilled that you found our location to be splendid. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
H.
"A review"
The bathroom sink was partially clogged and there was mold on the bottom of the shower curtain.
1 night trip Dec 4, 2014
"Shower NOT cleaned had someone's else's hair nasty"
When I first arrived I waited at the front desk 20 minutes for someone to come assist me and check me in as well as give me the room key. I call the operator over the front desk phone twice before anyone arrived. When I got to the roon to relax and take a hot shower the white towels were dingy and the shower had a ring around it and bits of someone else's hair, I was disgusted. The rest of the room was clean and the staff was pleasant.
Other trip Dec 3, 2014
"Nice hotel close to the plaza"
The staff was courteous. The facility was clean and for the most part comfortable. The walls were a little "thin". It was a nice place to stay because of its location, central KC, about 3 blocks from the Country Club Plaza. Overall, price is reasonable for that reason.
Response by Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. We are thrilled to know that our staff was courteous and that your room was clean and comfortable; however, I do apologize that my staff did not offer you a kitchen pack at check-in, and that we were unable to provide you with a king-size bed. Please know that we do have rooms with king-size beds. As well, I will work with my staff to properly inform guests of the kitchen packs at check-in. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Other trip Dec 2, 2014
"Hotel stay close to Plaza Kansas Ciry, MO"
Shower didn't work properly and made awful noise; bolt on door didn't work. Manager said she was going to call Expedia and refund one night
Response by Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. Please accept our most sincere apologies for the noisy shower head and malfunctioning dead bolt. I had our maintenance engineer fix it immediately upon his return, and we will be performing regular maintenance inspections to prevent your experience from being repeated. I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
daughter in KC
Hairs in shower and stains and hairs on bed. Wouldn't go back to this hotel.
Response by Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The situation you described regarding the cleanliness of your room is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. To uphold our company's high standards, we will be more thorough moving forward. I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with a better stay in the future.
Other trip Nov 21, 2014
"MOTEL FOR SURE"
First of all they do not say that you have to be 21 to check and then tried to turn my daughter away at 10:30 at night. Don't stay here over other hotels in the area for $50 more. The pictures are deceiving - they make it look MUCH nicer than it is!!
Response by Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza
Jeff - The feedback provided in your review is much appreciated. I sincerely apologize that your daughter was told she could not check in due to her age. In response to your feedback, I am discussing this scenario with upper management to ensure this more clearly stated on the many websites that advertise our hotel. I am glad we were able to get her a room in the end and I hope it was comfortable for her. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience in the future.
It was Good It was Good It was Good It was Good
Response by Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
"It's a dump"
Really poor quality amenities, the towels, sheets, tissue are better in prison. Really, really bad. Room smelled. Stay anywhere but here. Was stuck here because the area was sold out.
Response by Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza
Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that the linens and tissue in your room did not meet your expectations. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. We hope that you will stay at our hotel, or any of our other brand locations in the future.
"Mediocre at Best"
I was not impressed with my experience at this hotel. I think I should have spent a little more to get a better value at the others in the area, but this was the cheapest option and I got what I paid for. Checking in, I was met with a "Be Right Back" sign, and 10 minutes later I dialed 0 on the house phone and someone finally arrive to check me in. Didn't receive very good directions to the room either, so I had to hunt around for it. Although I appreciate free food, the Grab and Go Breakfast was a joke. It held me over until I went to brunch an hour later. I did not opt in for the cookware items, but I think I should have. It would have also been nice to have been reminded of the option when I checked in, and also been made aware of any grocery stores nearby. I did enjoy the room, which was very clean. The shower was a little wonky, but it worked. The staff found my medication in the fridge after I left and immediately called me, which I very much appreciated. Overall, however, I was not impressed, and will more than likely not be going back.
Austin
"Spend the extra money for a nicer place downtown."
not impressed. Room was loud and smelled bad, weak remodel looked cheap. Very overpriced in my opinion.
Response by Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza
Ryan - Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am so disappointed that you found your room to be loud and that it had an odor. Please accept my apology. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with a better stay in the future.
2 night romance trip Nov 14, 2014
Ryan
Smokey and needs some updating. My room smelled of smoke and so did the hallways, walls and carpet are old and stained. The bed was comfortable and the location was close enough to walk the Country Club Plaza.
Response by Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am pleased to read that your bed was comfortable and that our location was convenient for you; however, I am so sorry that your room had a smoke odor and that your room had several stains. In response to your review, I will be working with my staff to better monitor our non-smoking policy. As well, I will have my housekeeping staff inspect all rooms for the stain issues you mentioned and deep clean to ensure that your experience is not repeated. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay America location in the future.
Other trip Nov 16, 2014
BB
"Outstanding Location"
This hotel is wonderfully located about minutes from Country Club Plaza and Power and Light downtown. It provides a weekday breakfast of coffee, cocoa, apples, granola bars, and muffins. The rooms arent anything fancy, but they have been updated. They provide a kitchen with stovetop and you can request dishes and cooking utensils for your stay. Wi-Finis included. The staff was friendly. The parking lot is well lit.
Response by Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza
Brandi - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your room, our friendly staff and your fully equipped kitchen during your stay with us. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our team. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again soon.
5 night business trip Nov 9, 2014
Brandi
"Extended Stay Hotel Kansas City"
Clean room, nice bed Building and rooms a bit tired and old looking Needed a place to sleep at a reasonable price and got both
Response by Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza
I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your bed and clean room during your visit with us. Still, I apologize that you were not entirely pleased with the overall condition of our hotel. Your comments will be helpful as we continue to improve our guest experience. Thank you again for your feedback. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
1 night business trip Nov 11, 2014
HOLLAND
"Nice room for the price"
Hotel was a good bargin for the area. Room was clean, bathroom could use a little bit of an update/cleaning. Overall, an okay place to stay. Had to ask for the coffepot and mugs but the hotel service was good. Comfy bed.
1 night romance trip Nov 6, 2014
Janice
"Very nice"
The property is within walking distance of the beautiful Country Club Plaza and the rate beat any other hotel in the area. The rooms were tastefully done and the staff friendly. Would recommend this property to others.
Response by Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza
Joe - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our location, our rooms and our friendly staff during your visit with us. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our team. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.
1 night trip with friends Oct 17, 2014
Joe Lewis
"Just ok"
The towels were never changed and we had to go to the front desk to retrieve our own towels everyday.
Response by Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. I am sorry to hear that you were uncomfortable with our linen exchange program. We typically provide housekeeping services for stays of eight or more nights; however, you always have the option to purchase a refresh service for a minimal fee. I apologize if this was not communicated clearly to you at check in and will work with our staff to ensure that all options are communicated more clearly in the future. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
3 night business trip Oct 16, 2014
I had stayed at the Extended Stay near the airport and was very pleased. My plan was to stay four nights. I checked out after one night. The "grab and go breakfast" is really grab and go "snack." Rather than the Plaza location, I preferred the Holiday Inn Express Sports Complex. That way we had full breakfasts and better accommodations for less. BTW: The staff at Holiday Inn was very pleasnt
4 night romance trip Oct 9, 2014
"Uncomfortable beds, rough sheets & towels"
The beds were very uncomfortable & I stayed there for three nights. The sheets were very rough and the towels were even worse. There was no room service & you had to walk your towels down to the front desk in order to receive new ones. Overall a very bad experience.
Other trip Oct 17, 2014
Justin
"Within walking distance to KCAI"
We only stayed one night while visiting our daughter at KCAI. This hotel is within walking distance to the Kemper and to the Art college. We thought that it was very odd that there were no glasses, plates, or eating utensils in the room upon check-in since this is an extended stay hotel with a small kitchen. You must go to the front desk to request them. We went to the front desk to get glasses and an ice bucket and were told that they don't have any ice machines. In short, if you are going to stay for a day or two, come prepared.
1 night trip Oct 10, 2014
"Understaffed, musty"
Not a good hotel. Understaffed, musty. Lumpy bed, minimal breakfast, no coffee in room. I won't go there again.
1 night business trip Oct 7, 2014
Leon
Good location. Breakfast very meager - bars, muffin, fruit.
Response by Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed the location of our hotel; however, I am sorry that you found our grab-and-go breakfast selection to be meager. Your feedback on this issue will be useful to us as we continually work to improve our breakfast selection, so thank you for sharing. We would love to host you again, should you return to our area.
2 night romance trip Oct 3, 2014
gagan
"not good"
we had drunk and rowdy neighbors, got no rest. Plumbing went out in hotel and we were unable to shower before our event on Saturday. Waiting on hotel to send refund request to expedia, we were forced to check out 1 day early to find a hotel with running water. Should see 1 day credit on my credit card!!
Response by Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza
Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. I am sincerely sorry about rowdy guests disturbing you. We have a zero tolerance policy for noise, and I will be working with my staff to better monitor this in the future. As well, I am sorry to read that you had maintenance issues with your plumbing. I will have my maintenance staff investigate and resolve this issue so that your experience is not repeated. Thank you very much for providing your feedback with us. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
"Nice place to stay"
Great location! Friendly front desk person!
Response by Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza
Thank you for your kind review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found the staff to be friendly. These comments will be passed along to them. Thank you again for your kind comments. We certainly hope you come back and visit us soon!
1 night romance trip Oct 4, 2014
Kitchen was great. Staff was nice. Room was somewhat dirty-found one insect and rain had leaked in the window before we arrived. When we called the front desk they said "Will you need extra towels then?" and offered no additional help. No ice machine. Called the front desk with question 4 times before anyone answered.
Other trip Oct 5, 2014
"Average"
Some parts seemed nicely ipsated and others didn't. Not sure i'd take my family there but for a business trip it was good enough for the price.
2 night business trip Sep 29, 2014
"Excellent price for on the plaza."
My room was clean. The bed was OK just because I prefer a less firm mattress. A firm mattress lover would of been in heaven. You do have to ask for a hair dryer and the kitchen supplies at the front desk. I understand the reason that would be necessary. The location for the price was fantastic.
Other trip Oct 1, 2014
Sandy
"OK Hotel"
OK hotel... Located near Plaza, can walk to Plaza and Art Museum, convenient to downtown... basic services... very limited breakfast -- coffee, tea, muffin, make your own oatmeal, no breakfast room, take food back to your room,
3 night family trip Sep 20, 2014
"No Complaints"
Great price compared to the neighboring hotels. My buddy stayed next door at the Holiday Inn for $60 more a night. He had more amenities in the hotel itself but ours had more inside the room with the kitchen. Would stay there again
Response by Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza
I am so happy to hear about you great experience with us. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found us to be a good value. I am glad you enjoyed your in-room kitchen. The staff and I truly appreciate your kind words. We look forward to your return on your next trip to Kansas City.
1 night trip Sep 13, 2014
This hotel was in an excellent location within walking distance to the Plaza where we could get drinks without having to worry about driving. Room was mostly clean, toilet was not. Bed was very comfortable and furnishings were up to date. All in all it was a great location and an even better price
Response by Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza
Shawn - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our location, your comfortable bed and your stay overall. Still, I apologize that your toilet was not properly cleaned prior to your arrival. I will be meeting with our housekeeping staff to ensure this does not happen again. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with another enjoyable stay in the future.
Other trip Sep 14, 2014
Shawn
"Weekend getaway"
You couldn't ask for a better location or price; but you get what you pay for... The hotel had a very odd smell to it. The room had an equally odd stench to it... There are no ice machines nor ironing boards, but there are empty ice cube trays in the freezer and a cheap iron. The faucet in the bathtub dripped, but it was at a steady pace, so at least it was soothing and metronome like. The grab and go breakfast was a joke, but like I said in the beginning; you get what you pay for. I would not stay here again because hotels right next to it offer shuttle service, and a real breakfast for $20-35 extra a night. It more than makes up for it in cab fare alone!
Response by Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza
Heather - Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our location and our great rates during your visit with us. Still, I apologize for the unpleasant odors you experienced. As well, I apologize for the issues you encountered with your bathtub faucet and our grab-and-go breakfast. Your comments will be useful as we continue to improve our guest experience. Thank you again for your feedback. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with a better stay in the future.
1 night trip Sep 6, 2014
"Two day stay"
We were looking for a room on the Plaza for a couple of nights to attend the Cigar Festival and stumbled upon the Extended Stay. I Read some of the reviews and was almost scared away. However, the price was too good and our stay turned out to be great, comfortable, clean etc....the staff was helpful in recommending some in town activities as well as getting us a couple extra pillows. First night around 5:00 there were some very loud guests down the hall and we thought oh great this is going to suck....a couple of drinking buddies yelping and cutting up. However, I heard them come back to the room later that night and while I still heard them, they were fairly quiet and I had no complaints. JUST REMEMBER to bring your own shampoo and hair dryer.
Response by Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza
Mike - Thank you for taking the time to post such a great review of our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed our great rates, your comfortable, clean room and our helpful staff during your visit. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our entire team. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
"Horrible"
I booked a reservation, arrived and was advised that the hotel was "sold out for the night." I gave the hotel another chance (because they are pet friendly) and as soon as I arrived to my room, it was dirty. I requested another room. The bed was made, but there were contents in the fridge, the bathroom was clearly used by another guest (towels on the floor, juice bottles, etc.). Finally, I was placed in a third room. The third room was ok, but I would definitely NOT recommend this hotel to anyone.
Response by Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I apologize for the issues you experienced with your rooms. I will be meeting with our housekeeping staff to ensure these issues do not continue in the future. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We hope that you will stay at our hotel, or any of our other brand locations in the future.
1 night trip Sep 1, 2014
"Very easy stay!"
I booked the hotel room in the morning and drove into town in the afternoon. Check in was very quick. The hotel room was ready and clean, and I even checked in early. I went out to a Royals v Yankees game. Had some drinks in Westport and quietly went back to my room and went to bed. Woke up and headed out. No issues. Everything was perfect.
1 night trip with friends Aug 25, 2014
Joshua Johnston
"Pleasant surprise!!"
This hotel was such a great surprise! It was affordable and CLEAN! Very friendly front desk.
Response by Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and found the accommodations to be inviting. The staff and I are proud to have provided you with a nice, clean room at a good value. Once more, thank you for your review. We certainly hope that you visit us again on your future travels.
Other trip Aug 27, 2014
"Daughter moving to KC for college."
We have stayed at the Extended Stay America a few times in the past year. Our daughter goes to school at Kansas City Art Institute. This year we moved her into a small apartment close to campus. We chose Extended Stay America because of the location and their pet friendly accommodations. The staff and location were excellent, as always, but it seems like the hotel has made a change regarding services offered at the hotel. In the past you could always find some silverware and utensils in the rooms. Now there is nothing. No forks, spoons, plates, a bottle opener or even a can opener. Not even a cup to drink out of. We had to ask the front desk clerk for some cups so my wife and I could take our medicine in the morning. It was disappointing to say the least. With the price of the hotel that we paid, we expected better treatment. Am I expecting too much?
Response by Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We are so pleased to read that you received great service from our staff and that you enjoyed our location; however, I do apologize that the amenities in your room did not meet your expectations. I will be meeting with my front desk staff to ensure that they are properly explaining our amenities and policies to guests so that your experience is not repeated. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014