All hotels in Kansas City, Missouri, United States of America
4535 Main St, Kansas City, MO, 64111, United States of America, ‏‎800-658-6760

"Not very good. AT ALL"
Well for starters the first room we were assigned to was extremely hot. The a/c didn't work and I approached the clerk outside. She told me to turn on the a/c. I know I might not be the brightest individual but come on! So I went back up to my room again. Waited for maybe 30 mins to see if the room would cool off and see if it was I that was being impatient. NO! The a/c was broken, and I was in a pretty good sweat. I stepped outside into the hallway and it was easily 25-30 degrees cooler in the hallway. My girlfriend calls the clerk and she comes up to the room this time to check on the a/c unit. As she walks in the room she says "oh my god, yes it's hot in here" -_- yes that's my face while dripping sweat. So after 3 minutes of tinkering with the a/c unit she tells us just to come down stairs and she'll move us to another room. She does that, and we go to room #2. This room is on the 1st floor. When I walked in it was cooler but the room was a complete mess! It hadn't been cleaned at all! Wet rags in the shower, the bed was a mess, dirty sheets with visible stains, countertop was nasty and that's no exaggeration. We call the clerk again and she comes and cleans the room to the best of her ability and was very nice and helpful but she still forgot to give us new sheets. Overall my experience was absolutely terrible I'll have a really hard time ever staying in a hotel associated with your name. I hope you guys can work to get a hotel with a lot of potential in order!
1 night trip Aug 11, 2015
Tyrese
when you first walk in the room it looks nice it is when you start to look around that it looks like it has been a little while since some one has been in there. dust on top of the head boards bathroom looked a little dirty I seen a couple bugs in one of the beds not sure what kind they were. and the room smelled alittle musty. I was one who booked my room online and it said a kitchen with dishes when we hot there no dishes to be seen had to go and ask for them if you were lucky they might have some . The free breakfast well lets say what breakfast. There was one lady who we really enjoyed and was so helpful thank goodness for her.
3 night family trip Aug 8, 2015
"Exceeded Expectations!"
My girlfriend and I stayed here for a little getaway weekend to Kansas City. Neither of us had been before so we didn't know what to expect. We chose Extended stay because it was the best price without forcing ourselves to stay in a below average hotel/motel. Extended stay blew away our expectations! The room was great and the location if you are from out of town and just want to go explore is the best! It is literally 5 minutes from Country Club Plaza walking. We didn't need to drive at all which is an extra bonus when going out to bars and for drinks. Staff was great and very helpful. Definitely a great value!
1 night romance trip Jul 25, 2015
Lyndon
The room was very clean and nice and cool. The hotel halls and lobby smelled funny. The breakfast was only fiber and fruit, but the coffee was good. However, for the prime Plaza location, added to the fact that we booked only a week before our trip, the price was extremely reasonable.
3 night family trip Jul 24, 2015
Ted
"Great Location Stinky Room"
Hotel had a great location. Less than a block to the plaza. But it smelled quite stale. It was supposed to be a non-smoking hotel , but it really smelled like someone had smoked in that room and they had tried to cover it up. Also the "breakfast" was non-existent. they had a couple of granola bars and some bad coffee. that was the breakfast bar. On the plus side the night receptionist was really pleasant and helpful, but despite a great location and nice people - I won't stay there again.
1 night romance trip Jul 24, 2015
"Not my favorite"
This hotel was not my favorite. The Staff was great but the room itself seemed below expectation. The towels were very thin, not much for toiletries, no coffee maker in the room. Pretty much a bed, kitchen, bath with nothing else
Response by Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza
Thank you for telling us about your stay. We're glad that you enjoyed our friendly staff; however, we're sorry to hear that you were not informed of our available amenities at check-in. We will review your feedback with our staff to ensure we are fully informing our guests at check-in. Thank you again for your review. We hope to see you again in the future.
1 night business trip Jun 24, 2015
"Convenient location"
The hotel itself was nothing special, but the location (by Country Club Plaza) was nice.
Response by Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza
Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location. We will work with our team to continuously improve our hotel. Thank you again for your feedback. We hope to see you again soon.
1 night family trip Jun 26, 2015
Compared to other hotels in the area this was a good deal. The location was great. I'd stay there again.
2 night romance trip Jun 15, 2015
"Vacation"
Disappointed in condition of the building and neighborhood. Will not stay there again.
2 night romance trip Jun 11, 2015
"Good location, not much else"
The location of this hotel was great! Within walking distance of the plaza and the Nelson Atkins, but facility-wise it was so-so. The room was fairly clean, but the toilet had issues flushing all weekend. We had to use a plunger several times. There was also a really loud buzzing that happened on and off at night as well making it hard to sleep. We did mention it to the staff who seemed grateful for the information and willing to look into it. The staff was friendly and took our needs seriously. Overall not a bad place, but not the top either.
Other trip Jun 1, 2015
Kate
"Nice stay at extended stay"
My reservation was mistakenly canceled by a third-party but the staff could not have been more helpful trying to find me a new hotel. There is no ice machine in this facility. Even though this is an extended stay hotel I think it is a mistake to ask my reservation was mistakenly canceled by a third-party but the staff could not have been more helpful trying to find me a new hotel. There is no ice machine in this facility. Even though this is an extended stay hotel I think it is a mistake to ask The guests to rely on ice cube trays.
Response by Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your kind comments regarding our accommodating staff. I am thrilled you had a pleasant experience with us. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
2 night romance trip May 23, 2015
"Bad!"
Bad service, no ice machine, not a clean hotel or hotel room, room had a smell, uncomfortable bed. Hair left in shower, lights that were broken. I coud go on and on. Do not stay here.
Response by Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The cleanliness issues you described regarding your recent stay are truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will strive to make sure your experience is not repeated. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Other trip May 26, 2015
heather
"Too action great, great price, disappointing room"
Room was clean, staff was helpful and pleasant but ... Refrigerator leaking water all over floor. Have to make arrangements to even have a coffee maker in the room. Only one vending, laundromat, on first floor. Did offer coffee and granola bars in morning at counter.
Response by Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza
The feedback provided in your review is much appreciated. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear about the maintenance issues you experienced. To uphold our company's high standards, we will communicate our amenities more clearly moving forward regarding the kitchen options and what to do should a maintenance issue arise during your stay. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Other trip May 25, 2015
Comfortable rooms. Nice kitchenette. Staff courteous and helpful.
Other trip May 11, 2015
"I guess I got what I paid for"
It's a budget hotel. The hallway looks like a cheap apartment complex; the room furniture is uncomfortable. Someone else's hair was in the shower; the bed was lumpy; there were no water glasses in the bathroom.
Other trip Apr 26, 2015
I didn't want to fill out this portion of the review.
Other trip Apr 23, 2015
"Great location, close to Plaza and Westport"
Nice room with kitchen. Since it is and extended stay hotel, they don't clean everyday.
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
"Perfect location for what I wish to see"
Extended Stay Plaza is wonderfully located for me to experience my reasons for coming to KC. It is clean and quiet, which I appreciate greatly. I can easily access museums and eateries which I enjoy greatly. And it's a short walk to the Plaza itself. I'm hooked.
Other trip Mar 28, 2015
Mac
"Breakfast not what supposed to be."
There was supposed to be fruit for breakfast but did not have fruit either day. No healthy options so we were very dissappointed.
2 night family trip Mar 19, 2015
Debra
"Disappointing"
This is a last resort reservation. If you can get into another hotel around the area, I would. The rooms smell moldy or like old cigar smoke. Staff was unfriendly.
1 night trip with friends Mar 14, 2015
"My room stunk terribly"
Asked them to spray frabreeze everyday and it never got any better. I actually looked under the bed to see if something had died under it. The shower head sprayed on the back wall and onto the toilet and bathroom counter. The lamp was broken and glued poorly back together. The door handle was broken and hanging down at a 45* angle. I had to raise the handle so the door key card would work. The ironing board was missing. The towels were so old and used they felt like sandpaper. The staff were awesome though.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
"Good bed,...not breakfast."
Just in for a few days of basketball tournament. It was hard to call what was 'put out' being breakfast.
2 night romance trip Mar 12, 2015
Gregg
"Hotel was good, breakfast wasn't good"
I thought the hotel wasn't bad. My only thing I didn't like was the breakfast. They only had muffins, granola bars, fruit, and coffee. Would have liked more of a selection for the price I paid.
1 night trip with friends Mar 7, 2015
"Just ok"
It was ok.
1 night romance trip Feb 21, 2015
"a great stay"
It was a great stay we enjoyed it was able to cook dinner for family.
1 night family trip Feb 18, 2015
kevona
Me and a friend were in town for a concert. This place was close to everywhere we were going (museums and Uptown Theater). And it was a good price compared to the hotels around it.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
"plaza"
Great
1 night romance trip Jan 30, 2015
"Good location to the plaza"
The weather was good and a lot was within walking distance including art museums, library, and the plaza.
Response by Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that the weather was good and you were able to enjoy the plaza. Thank you again for posting your review. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.
Other trip Jan 17, 2015
Room is clean and spacious but one of the female staff is not very friendly and unprofessional. Other people are friendly. I definitely recommended to my friends.
Other trip Jan 10, 2015
"New Years Celebration"
Went to power & light district for new years, you could get a taxi in minutes from the hotel. The room and stay was good the only bad thing was around 10 am next door somebody was taking a shower and you could literally hear the room shake and made a huge noise. It was scary, everyone was awake already so didn't bother us, but if that would have happened while sleeping I would of been furious. The water plumbing definitely needs work, I was scared to take a shower after hearing all the noise coming from the room next to us. Sounded like an elephant. Overall not a bad hotel for the price i paid.
1 night trip with friends Dec 31, 2014
"key card issues"
Rented 2 rooms on the 3rd floor. One room was incredibly difficult to open the key carded door. Had to visit the front desk 3 times to get them to even come up to the room to help. There was another couple that was having the same issue and the front desk clerk told them to "just keep trying, you have to be patient." Overall though, i enjoyed the cost of the room, and close proximity to Westport, the Plaza, and downtown.
1 night trip with friends Dec 31, 2014
"Probably will skip next time"
Stayed for a conference in KC. The hotel was not out dated and had the appearance of cleanliness in the lobby, etc but the room was not very clean. I always inspect the sheets before I climb in and there was hair in both beds. The room appeared to be "wiped down", but closer inspection showed that it was not really clean. The tub had grit stains, the shower curtain had mold on the bottom it as if it hadn't been washed or bleached - kind of gross. The sink knobs had calcium crust that I easily removed with a little elbow grease and a wash cloth. I probably will skip next time.
3 night trip with friends Dec 28, 2014
Elisha
"Acceptable but not by much..."
Our first room was not clean. This also happened to a customer checking in after us...
1 night family trip Dec 27, 2014
"Not delux accomodations but very satisfactory."
Our stay was satisfactory overall. The bed was fantastic as comfortable as any delux hotel in which we have ever stayed.
Response by Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. It is great to read that you enjoyed your comfortable bed and clean room. As well, I am thrilled that you found our location to be splendid. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
H.
"A review"
The bathroom sink was partially clogged and there was mold on the bottom of the shower curtain.
1 night trip Dec 4, 2014
"Shower NOT cleaned had someone's else's hair nasty"
When I first arrived I waited at the front desk 20 minutes for someone to come assist me and check me in as well as give me the room key. I call the operator over the front desk phone twice before anyone arrived. When I got to the roon to relax and take a hot shower the white towels were dingy and the shower had a ring around it and bits of someone else's hair, I was disgusted. The rest of the room was clean and the staff was pleasant.
Other trip Dec 3, 2014
"Nice hotel close to the plaza"
The staff was courteous. The facility was clean and for the most part comfortable. The walls were a little "thin". It was a nice place to stay because of its location, central KC, about 3 blocks from the Country Club Plaza. Overall, price is reasonable for that reason.
Response by Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. We are thrilled to know that our staff was courteous and that your room was clean and comfortable; however, I do apologize that my staff did not offer you a kitchen pack at check-in, and that we were unable to provide you with a king-size bed. Please know that we do have rooms with king-size beds. As well, I will work with my staff to properly inform guests of the kitchen packs at check-in. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Other trip Dec 2, 2014
"Hotel stay close to Plaza Kansas Ciry, MO"
Shower didn't work properly and made awful noise; bolt on door didn't work. Manager said she was going to call Expedia and refund one night
Response by Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. Please accept our most sincere apologies for the noisy shower head and malfunctioning dead bolt. I had our maintenance engineer fix it immediately upon his return, and we will be performing regular maintenance inspections to prevent your experience from being repeated. I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
daughter in KC
Hairs in shower and stains and hairs on bed. Wouldn't go back to this hotel.
Response by Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The situation you described regarding the cleanliness of your room is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. To uphold our company's high standards, we will be more thorough moving forward. I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with a better stay in the future.
Other trip Nov 21, 2014
"MOTEL FOR SURE"
First of all they do not say that you have to be 21 to check and then tried to turn my daughter away at 10:30 at night. Don't stay here over other hotels in the area for $50 more. The pictures are deceiving - they make it look MUCH nicer than it is!!
Response by Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza
Jeff - The feedback provided in your review is much appreciated. I sincerely apologize that your daughter was told she could not check in due to her age. In response to your feedback, I am discussing this scenario with upper management to ensure this more clearly stated on the many websites that advertise our hotel. I am glad we were able to get her a room in the end and I hope it was comfortable for her. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience in the future.
It was Good It was Good It was Good It was Good
Response by Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
"It's a dump"
Really poor quality amenities, the towels, sheets, tissue are better in prison. Really, really bad. Room smelled. Stay anywhere but here. Was stuck here because the area was sold out.
Response by Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza
Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that the linens and tissue in your room did not meet your expectations. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. We hope that you will stay at our hotel, or any of our other brand locations in the future.
"Mediocre at Best"
I was not impressed with my experience at this hotel. I think I should have spent a little more to get a better value at the others in the area, but this was the cheapest option and I got what I paid for. Checking in, I was met with a "Be Right Back" sign, and 10 minutes later I dialed 0 on the house phone and someone finally arrive to check me in. Didn't receive very good directions to the room either, so I had to hunt around for it. Although I appreciate free food, the Grab and Go Breakfast was a joke. It held me over until I went to brunch an hour later. I did not opt in for the cookware items, but I think I should have. It would have also been nice to have been reminded of the option when I checked in, and also been made aware of any grocery stores nearby. I did enjoy the room, which was very clean. The shower was a little wonky, but it worked. The staff found my medication in the fridge after I left and immediately called me, which I very much appreciated. Overall, however, I was not impressed, and will more than likely not be going back.
Austin
"Spend the extra money for a nicer place downtown."
not impressed. Room was loud and smelled bad, weak remodel looked cheap. Very overpriced in my opinion.
Response by Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza
Ryan - Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am so disappointed that you found your room to be loud and that it had an odor. Please accept my apology. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with a better stay in the future.
2 night romance trip Nov 14, 2014
Ryan
Smokey and needs some updating. My room smelled of smoke and so did the hallways, walls and carpet are old and stained. The bed was comfortable and the location was close enough to walk the Country Club Plaza.
Response by Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am pleased to read that your bed was comfortable and that our location was convenient for you; however, I am so sorry that your room had a smoke odor and that your room had several stains. In response to your review, I will be working with my staff to better monitor our non-smoking policy. As well, I will have my housekeeping staff inspect all rooms for the stain issues you mentioned and deep clean to ensure that your experience is not repeated. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay America location in the future.
Other trip Nov 16, 2014
BB
"Outstanding Location"
This hotel is wonderfully located about minutes from Country Club Plaza and Power and Light downtown. It provides a weekday breakfast of coffee, cocoa, apples, granola bars, and muffins. The rooms arent anything fancy, but they have been updated. They provide a kitchen with stovetop and you can request dishes and cooking utensils for your stay. Wi-Finis included. The staff was friendly. The parking lot is well lit.
Response by Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza
Brandi - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your room, our friendly staff and your fully equipped kitchen during your stay with us. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our team. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again soon.
5 night business trip Nov 9, 2014
Brandi
"Extended Stay Hotel Kansas City"
Clean room, nice bed Building and rooms a bit tired and old looking Needed a place to sleep at a reasonable price and got both
Response by Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza
I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your bed and clean room during your visit with us. Still, I apologize that you were not entirely pleased with the overall condition of our hotel. Your comments will be helpful as we continue to improve our guest experience. Thank you again for your feedback. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
1 night business trip Nov 11, 2014
HOLLAND
"Nice room for the price"
Hotel was a good bargin for the area. Room was clean, bathroom could use a little bit of an update/cleaning. Overall, an okay place to stay. Had to ask for the coffepot and mugs but the hotel service was good. Comfy bed.
1 night romance trip Nov 6, 2014
Janice
"Issues with booking process."
Expedia won't let me talk about the horrendous booking process through them. Suffice it to say, the property was great.
Other trip Oct 29, 2014
"Very nice"
The property is within walking distance of the beautiful Country Club Plaza and the rate beat any other hotel in the area. The rooms were tastefully done and the staff friendly. Would recommend this property to others.
Response by Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza
Joe - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our location, our rooms and our friendly staff during your visit with us. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our team. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.
1 night trip with friends Oct 17, 2014