All hotels in Kansas City, Missouri, United States of America

"Average"
Some parts seemed nicely ipsated and others didn't. Not sure i'd take my family there but for a business trip it was good enough for the price.
2 night business trip Sep 29, 2014
"Excellent price for on the plaza."
My room was clean. The bed was OK just because I prefer a less firm mattress. A firm mattress lover would of been in heaven. You do have to ask for a hair dryer and the kitchen supplies at the front desk. I understand the reason that would be necessary. The location for the price was fantastic.
Other trip Oct 1, 2014
Sandy
"OK Hotel"
OK hotel... Located near Plaza, can walk to Plaza and Art Museum, convenient to downtown... basic services... very limited breakfast -- coffee, tea, muffin, make your own oatmeal, no breakfast room, take food back to your room,
3 night family trip Sep 20, 2014
"No Complaints"
Great price compared to the neighboring hotels. My buddy stayed next door at the Holiday Inn for $60 more a night. He had more amenities in the hotel itself but ours had more inside the room with the kitchen. Would stay there again
Response by Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza
I am so happy to hear about you great experience with us. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found us to be a good value. I am glad you enjoyed your in-room kitchen. The staff and I truly appreciate your kind words. We look forward to your return on your next trip to Kansas City.
1 night trip Sep 13, 2014
This hotel was in an excellent location within walking distance to the Plaza where we could get drinks without having to worry about driving. Room was mostly clean, toilet was not. Bed was very comfortable and furnishings were up to date. All in all it was a great location and an even better price
Response by Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza
Shawn - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our location, your comfortable bed and your stay overall. Still, I apologize that your toilet was not properly cleaned prior to your arrival. I will be meeting with our housekeeping staff to ensure this does not happen again. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with another enjoyable stay in the future.
Other trip Sep 14, 2014
Shawn
"Weekend getaway"
You couldn't ask for a better location or price; but you get what you pay for... The hotel had a very odd smell to it. The room had an equally odd stench to it... There are no ice machines nor ironing boards, but there are empty ice cube trays in the freezer and a cheap iron. The faucet in the bathtub dripped, but it was at a steady pace, so at least it was soothing and metronome like. The grab and go breakfast was a joke, but like I said in the beginning; you get what you pay for. I would not stay here again because hotels right next to it offer shuttle service, and a real breakfast for $20-35 extra a night. It more than makes up for it in cab fare alone!
Response by Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza
Heather - Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our location and our great rates during your visit with us. Still, I apologize for the unpleasant odors you experienced. As well, I apologize for the issues you encountered with your bathtub faucet and our grab-and-go breakfast. Your comments will be useful as we continue to improve our guest experience. Thank you again for your feedback. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with a better stay in the future.
1 night trip Sep 6, 2014
"Two day stay"
We were looking for a room on the Plaza for a couple of nights to attend the Cigar Festival and stumbled upon the Extended Stay. I Read some of the reviews and was almost scared away. However, the price was too good and our stay turned out to be great, comfortable, clean etc....the staff was helpful in recommending some in town activities as well as getting us a couple extra pillows. First night around 5:00 there were some very loud guests down the hall and we thought oh great this is going to suck....a couple of drinking buddies yelping and cutting up. However, I heard them come back to the room later that night and while I still heard them, they were fairly quiet and I had no complaints. JUST REMEMBER to bring your own shampoo and hair dryer.
Response by Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza
Mike - Thank you for taking the time to post such a great review of our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed our great rates, your comfortable, clean room and our helpful staff during your visit. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our entire team. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
"Horrible"
I booked a reservation, arrived and was advised that the hotel was "sold out for the night." I gave the hotel another chance (because they are pet friendly) and as soon as I arrived to my room, it was dirty. I requested another room. The bed was made, but there were contents in the fridge, the bathroom was clearly used by another guest (towels on the floor, juice bottles, etc.). Finally, I was placed in a third room. The third room was ok, but I would definitely NOT recommend this hotel to anyone.
Response by Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I apologize for the issues you experienced with your rooms. I will be meeting with our housekeeping staff to ensure these issues do not continue in the future. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We hope that you will stay at our hotel, or any of our other brand locations in the future.
1 night trip Sep 1, 2014
"Very easy stay!"
I booked the hotel room in the morning and drove into town in the afternoon. Check in was very quick. The hotel room was ready and clean, and I even checked in early. I went out to a Royals v Yankees game. Had some drinks in Westport and quietly went back to my room and went to bed. Woke up and headed out. No issues. Everything was perfect.
1 night trip with friends Aug 25, 2014
Joshua Johnston
"Pleasant surprise!!"
This hotel was such a great surprise! It was affordable and CLEAN! Very friendly front desk.
Response by Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and found the accommodations to be inviting. The staff and I are proud to have provided you with a nice, clean room at a good value. Once more, thank you for your review. We certainly hope that you visit us again on your future travels.
Other trip Aug 27, 2014
"Daughter moving to KC for college."
We have stayed at the Extended Stay America a few times in the past year. Our daughter goes to school at Kansas City Art Institute. This year we moved her into a small apartment close to campus. We chose Extended Stay America because of the location and their pet friendly accommodations. The staff and location were excellent, as always, but it seems like the hotel has made a change regarding services offered at the hotel. In the past you could always find some silverware and utensils in the rooms. Now there is nothing. No forks, spoons, plates, a bottle opener or even a can opener. Not even a cup to drink out of. We had to ask the front desk clerk for some cups so my wife and I could take our medicine in the morning. It was disappointing to say the least. With the price of the hotel that we paid, we expected better treatment. Am I expecting too much?
Response by Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We are so pleased to read that you received great service from our staff and that you enjoyed our location; however, I do apologize that the amenities in your room did not meet your expectations. I will be meeting with my front desk staff to ensure that they are properly explaining our amenities and policies to guests so that your experience is not repeated. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
Debbie
"could have been better"
Room was clean but no daily housekeeping. Garbage was piled up by the side entrance. Also had to go to the front desk for fresh towels . Great location by the plaza for dinner and shopping.
Response by Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza
Frank - Thank you for writing a review of your experience. We are glad that you found your room to be clean and our location convenient; however, we apologize for the garbage outside. We will work with our staff to make sure we are keeping all areas of our hotel clean. Thank you again for your feedback. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.
2 night trip Aug 1, 2014
My mom and I stayed at this hotel while visiting family. I loved the location and the easy access to Country Club Plaza. Stop at a grocery store off 35 before coming in so you can have snacks for the room and buy breakfast stuff; as their continental breakfast was just coffee, apples and granola bars.
3 night trip Jul 28, 2014
"One Night Stay"
We only stayed for one night. We stayed here because it was close to what we were doing. The bathroom door stuck and was falling apart. We made it work for one night and told management about when we left. The halls smelled a bit musty the first night but it seemed to clear up on the second day. There was good parking available. No blinds on the windows and the curtains barely kept our privacy. I would probably not chose to stay again. It's a bit pricy for what you get. But it wasn't horrible.
1 night trip Jul 25, 2014
Rich
"Overcharged"
If I am spending $160.00 per night, I expect my room to be cleaned everyday. There were no glassed, plates, utensils in room. Informed front desk as I left for presentation and returned at 10 pm and nothing was delivered to room. Called front desk and was informed sorry, but you'll have to come down to pick up requested items.
Response by Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am so sorry that our housekeeping policy did not meet your needs or expectations. As well, I am sorry to read that your kitchen equipment did not meet your needs. I will be working with my staff to ensure that we are better informing our policies to guests so that you experience is not repeated. Thank you again for your valuable feedback. We look forward to serving you in the future.
Other trip Jul 24, 2014
Charlie
"Perfect for longer stays!"
Great location and I love having a small kitchen. They really don't offer anything for breakfast but that's ok as I much prefer buying my own cereal and yogurt. Hotel was recently remodeled and looks great. Bed was very comfortable, room was very clean, internet service was good per hotel standards and very quiet. One thing, they don't have daily room service so make sure you are aware of this. I personally like this as I prefer not having people coming into my room every day. With that though, it seems the staff doesn't like giving you extra towels.
Response by Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza
Dan - Thank you for the nice review of our hotel. We are glad to hear that you had a wonderful staff with us. We're happy that you enjoyed our location and your clean, comfortable room. We certainly do apologize that you felt our staff did not provide towels to your expectations; we will bring that to the attention of our staff. Thank you again for your feedback. We hope to see you again in the future.
3 night trip Jul 14, 2014
"Great place good price"
We loved the location! This was our second stay at this hotel and we were very pleased with our experience. It was clean, the hotel had been renovated since our previous visit and it looked very nice. The staff was kind and courteous and helped us with dinner locations. The shopping in the area is excellent with numerous restaurants all within walking distance. We would definitely stay there again.
Response by Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza
Thank you for taking the time to post such a nice review about our hotel and staff. We are pleased that we were able to provide you with a clean and comfortable stay. We do greatly appreciate the positive feedback. Should your travels bring you back to our area, we would certainly love to have you back.
3 night family trip Jul 11, 2014
Lucy
Great location. Shower curtain had mold. For over $100 a night I thought I wouldn't see that.
1 night trip with friends Jul 4, 2014
"Clean and conveniently located hotel"
The hotel is clean and have everything I need. Wifi is ok not crazy fast neither spotty so acceptable. The room is clean and big window. It also has kitchen-fridge, stove, pot&pans, dishes etc that you can do simple cooking. They do however charge $25 tax per day for pets. I would stay again in this place.
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
love road trip
"Mid-week visit"
This hotel was very nice, quiet inspire of a pretty serious storm, and clean. Bed was VERY hard, toilet seat was loose, and deadbolt in the door was very hard to engage.
1 night trip Jun 30, 2014
"Hotel OK but Hotels.com dropped the ball"
Stay was great but major problem was hotel had no idea I was coming and didn't have a reservation and all 2 bed rooms were booked. They ended up putting my family of 4 in 2 separate rooms with 1 king each. Was not the best situation. Hotel.com dropped the ball on this one somehow.
1 night trip Jun 28, 2014
"Not Bad"
It was not bad.
1 night trip Jun 13, 2014
"very comfortable hotel. nice for long visits."
very nice,and comfortable room. conviently located to many resturants, shopping , art galleries, and museums. the staff was delightful. The coffee was delicious. The kitchen was not stocked with a ton of items. we had to buy some plastic silverware. Beds were comfy.New towels available upon request when needed. Overall a nice stay for the price, and very close to many attractions.
Response by Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza
Jodie - Thank you so much for the lovely review of our hotel, we really appreciate it and it will be shared with the staff. We offer additional kitchenware at the front desk, we apologize that you were not notified about this. However, I am glad that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay here. Hopefully we will see you again soon! Thank you for taking your time to give us feedback.
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
Jodie
"Excellent service and hospitality"
Full kitchen, comfy beds and very pet friendly with awesome staff. What more can you ask for? Nothing fancy but clean room and comfy bed too. For a night or a month, I liked it. Great location next to The Plaza too
Response by Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza
Thank you for sharing your positive experience with us. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your pet friendly room and your fully equipped kitchen. I am also proud to hear that my staff was friendly and helpful. The staff and I would like to thank you again for your review. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back the next time you’re in the area!
2 night trip Jun 10, 2014
Timo
"Great place for a stay"
Clean but simple place. Breakfast is very limited—oatmeal, coffee, muffins, fruit. It's just a block or so away from the Plaza, so it's a great location. No real complaints.
1 night trip with friends May 31, 2014
"Will def come here again"
I stayed here Memorial day weekend for some birthday shopping on the plaza. I was literally around the corner from all the shopping and most of all the room was SO clean and convienient.! I am really happy I chose this location; And as I said I will DEF stay here when I come back to do some winter shopping.
1 night business trip May 23, 2014
"Great Location....nice staff"
I spent 2 weekend nights at the hotel and had a very good experience. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and tidy. Bathroom was clean. I was expecting at least complimentary shampoo but no, it was not provided. The location of this hotel is superb....close to museums and shopping. I booked through expedia and the price was quite a bargain compared to what the other hotels were charging. Overall this was a bargain for the money.
2 night trip May 16, 2014
Maurice
"Sucked"
Smelly room, very bad quality remodeling. Would not recommend.
1 night business trip Apr 24, 2014
"Great location to Plaza & Westport!"
The only complaint I had was there was no hairdryer and I had left mine at home assuming they would have one like most. We were allowed an extra hour checkout. Nice location for shopping and resteraunts! I'm sure we will b back!
Response by Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to hear that you will be back and that you found the location to be convenient. We do offer hairdryers available for your future reference, we keep them at the front desk upon request. Once again, thank you for posting your review and we cannot wait to have you back again!
Other trip Apr 14, 2014
Shell & Whit
"Very basic"
The hotel didn't provide shampoo. The kitchen didn't have utensils. Cheaper than other hotels, but you get what you pay for.
Response by Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza
Jon - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I apologize that you were not informed of the toiletries we have available at the front desk upon request. As well, I am sorry to hear that the kitchen in your room was not properly stocked. I will be meeting with our staff to ensure your experience is not repeated. Thank you again for your feedback. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with a better stay in the future.
1 night trip Apr 11, 2014
"Confirm your reservation before arrival!"
I stayed at this hotel for one night and had a reservation for two rooms. Upon arrival, the front desk informed me that if one more guest had arrived before me, my reservation would have been bumped. He told me there was a problem with third-party booking websites and they had shown that rooms were available when they weren't. This wasn't true. It was ESA's website that caused the problem, not a third party. When we got to our room, it was really warm even though it was 60 degrees outside. The A/C was very, very loud and didn't work well. We had to turn the temperature to 60 degrees to even get it to turn on. There was no remote for our TV. The wifi was really slow, and sometimes it wouldn't connect. My mom was staying in the other room we booked; she didn't receive any bath towels, so we had to lend her one of ours. The worst part was the loudness. We were by the elevator and the doors banged shut, loudly. There was a very drunk woman in the hallway in the middle of the night. We could hear her screaming, and the police were called. I could hear them saying they couldn't find anyone at the front desk, so they didn't remove the girl from the hallway for almost 45 minutes. Upon checkout, my mom told the front desk she wanted her room charged to her credit card, which they said wasn't a problem and took her card (I put my card down for both rooms upon checkin). Both rooms were charged to my card anyway, and we're still trying to figure out if we were double charged.
Other trip Apr 8, 2014
"Clean and less expensive than other choices"
Room and hotel was clean and no problems encountered. Not much for breakfast, just coffee, rolls, fruit and instant oatmeal.
Response by Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza
Don - Thank you for your review of your recent stay. I am glad that we were able to provide you with a clean, comfortable stay at an affordable rate. Still, I apologize that our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations. Your comments will be useful as we continue to improve our breakfast offering. Thank you again for your feedback. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Other trip Apr 7, 2014
Don
Newly renovated hotel. Can walk to the plaza in minutes. Very friendly front desk staff. Quiet room. Great stay, especially for the price.
Response by Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza
The staff and I appreciate your kind remarks. We’re thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the service our staff provided. We would like to thank you again for posting a glowing review of your stay. We look forward to hosting you again the future!
1 night trip with friends Mar 22, 2014
"Helpful staff"
The staff was very helpful. Rooms were clean and location is close to many things to do.
Response by Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and the service our staff provided. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!
Other trip Mar 23, 2014
"Overall happy with stay"
They had just remodeled when we stayed so everything was very clean and the beds were brand new. Only complaint was the noisy neighbors.
Response by Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza
Jeri - Thank you for sharing your experience. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and the service our staff provided. I am sorry to hear about the noise levels you experienced during your stay. I will meet with our entire staff to review our guest protocol so that this issue does not affect our future guests. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!
2 night trip with friends Mar 14, 2014
Jeri
"eeeee"
We came from out of town for a girls weekend to go shopping and had a plesant stay at the extended stay. we were able to walk to and from the hotel to the plaza and the restaurants. very nice stay at a great price
Response by Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I’m glad to hear that our location was convenient for you during your shopping weekend. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Other trip Mar 17, 2014
Brenn
"Not Bad"
It was a nice Stay for a small get away! Only thing I didn't like was I had to ask the front desk for my toliet paper and towels! There should always be extra in the room!
Other trip Mar 10, 2014
"close to UMKC"
The stay was great.... However, I will say that the phone rates(i.e. per minute and connection fee) should be stated to the customer at time of check in...
1 night trip Feb 8, 2014
James Henderson
"Outdated"
Calling this hotel decor outdated is a nice way to put it. Rundown would be more accurate.
Response by Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza
Josh, I would like to take the time to thank you for writing to us about your experience. I am sorry to hear that you felt the decor was outdated and the hotel appeared rundown. I am pleased to inform you, however, that the hotel is currently undergoing a major renovation to update its look to a more modern decor while addressing any issues inside and outside the building that need attention. We do hope you give us another opportunity to provide a better experience for you in the future. Thank you again for your feedback.
Other trip Jan 27, 2014
Josh
"One night stay"
Close proximity to Country Club Plaza. The rate was reasonable given the location. Room was clean and sufficient for a one night stay.
Other trip Jan 10, 2014
weary traveller
"Undergoing renovations"
My room had not been renovated. It was a bit worn. However, depending upon the renovations I might stay there again.
Other trip Jan 5, 2014
"Not Ready For Guests"
The price was good, but it was totally not worth it! They were in the process of renovating so our room was very dated, worn in, and smelled of smoke. During the night we were woken up by renovations taking place on the floor above us. Load banging, things being drug across the floor, it was so irritating! The next morning I went to talk to a manager on my way out. I stood at the front desk for 10 minutes while she sat in her office on the phone. She could clearly see me, yet never bothered to acknowledge my presence.
Other trip Jan 4, 2014
Rebecca
"disappointed"
This place is in dire need of an upgrade. If you like dirty places, then stay here.
Response by Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza
I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. I am disappointed that you did not have a comfortable stay. I am, however, excited to share with you that we are currently under renovations and should be complete with them in early February. I invite you to come back and stay with us on your next trip to Kansas City. Thank you again for your feedback.
1 night business trip Dec 17, 2013
The room was unclean and there was stains on the toilet seat. The beds and pillows were uncomfortable. I was not satisfied with my stay. The room also smelled like smoke.
Response by Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza
Thank you for the review of your stay. I certainly apologize that you found your room to be unclean and uncomfortable. I have discussed your comments with my team to ensure that this experience is not repeated. I would also like to mention that we are currently undergoing a renovation which includes brand new mattresses. I would like to invite you back on your next trip to Kansas City and give us another try. Again, I do appreciate your feedback.
1 night romance trip Dec 15, 2013
I thought our stay was ok for the price we paid. The only thing that would make me decide not to stay there again would be the smell and rundown building. You can definitely tell that people stay there for an extended period of time and that there are pets allowed in the building.
Response by Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that you felt the property smelled and appeared rundown. I am happy to share with you that we are currently under renovations to refresh he property and make it look new! Hopefully the issues mentioned will be eliminated with this process. I would love to have you back next time you stay in the area. Again, thank you for taking the time to respond to the survey and we do look forward to having you back.
2 night trip Dec 13, 2013
"Post - hotel stay"
Love the location, needs updating but a good value.
Response by Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza
Mary - Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel online. I am pleased to let you know we are underway refreshing the entire hotel currently and we couldn't be more thrilled. The plan includes new countertops, cabinets, carpet, paint, artwork and flooring along with some of the items in the room are being replaced. I hope you consider us on your next trip to Kansas City. Again thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback.
1 night trip Dec 1, 2013
"Nice place, great location"
This hotel served our purposes very well. The location is great, staff was friendly, and the room was fine.
2 night trip Nov 29, 2013
Brad
"One time only"
The bathroom was moldy and the furniture worn out and unsuitable. Needs renovation. Good location by Plaza
1 night business trip Nov 9, 2013
Bill Schlueter
"Perfect location to museums and restaurants."
I was a little worried at first when making the reservations since there was a kitchen. The place was great. Clean , quiet and comfortable. We will stay again.
Other trip Nov 15, 2013
"The hotel was very convenient and a good value."
The hotel was convenient to our business venues in Kansas City. Aside from normal wear and tear the hotel was very satisfactory. I'd stay there again if I had to go back to Kansas City. The staff was very kind and accommodating to not only my wife and I but to all guests I observed. This hotel was a great value with free parking and being on a major metro bus route.
Other trip Nov 11, 2013