All hotels in Tigard, Oregon, United States of America

Bad breakfast
    Service is poor
    Dirty
    Room is not nice
"Convienent location to Portland"
I have stayed at this hotel in the past and decided to stay here recently because of the kitchenette and remodeled rooms. It is definately a good value and a excellent location if you are just looking for something straight forward with no frills. The "grab and go" breakfast is a little less desirable but the restaurant just north (Banning's) is excellent. Overall, i would definately recommend it.
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
Garritt
"Noisy Neighbors"
Good room. Lousy neighbors...People who get up real early, say 5:00 Am need to understand others are still sleeping. Especially smokers, and loud talkers.
3 night business trip Dec 21, 2014
Bret
The location is somewhat secluded so be prepared with GPS and rental car.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
"Consumer beware"
I would not stay here again. I was looking all over for the tv remote, and when I looked under the bed, there was garbage and empty bottle. I then tried looking behind dresser where tv was, and it was filthy with wrappers and massive dust and also between the wall. The heater made a loud annoying noise. Only the bathroom & kitchenette were clean. I tried to call down to the front desk for assistance, and could not even dial out. Many of the garbage areas at foot of stairwells were overflowed with trash. The next morning, I spoke to the general manager in person and she told me they know they have lots of problems and are "trying" to fix them.
Response by Extended Stay America Portland - Tigard
Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. The lack of cleanliness and maintenance issues you described is unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. In response to your feedback, I am working diligently with our housekeeping and maintenance staff to review our cleanliness and inspection procedures to ensure that your experience is not repeated. The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
1 night business trip Dec 10, 2014
"Basic motel"
We were attending a retirement party in Tigard, OR and wanted a room for the night that was pet friendly. Although each room is supposed to have a full kitchen, you must ask for each item you want stocked (ie a coffee pot). The thermostat on the heat pump was way out of calibration and kept the room much warmer than was indicated.
Response by Extended Stay America Portland - Tigard
Thank you for taking time to review your experience and stay with us. Please accept our sincere apologies for the faulty thermostat. I have immediately filled out a work order for our maintenance personnel to fix the issue. Please note that we do keep our kitchen items behind the front desk to ensure that they are properly sanitized for the health and safety of our guests. I do apologize that this was inconvenient for you. The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you are in the area.
Other trip Dec 11, 2014
Craig
"Dirty and Poor Condition!"
Dirty Everything! Broken Cabinet Doors. Not even a cheap plastic cup or spoon in an "extended stay". Had to buy Lysol and spray everywhere. Go spend $20 more at a namebrand you can trust!
Other trip Dec 7, 2014
business man
"Poor stay"
This hotel is in Portland, I would rate it as poor. Reason for this is that there was water from the refrigerator not in the first room but the other one they put us in also had water all over the floor.
2 night romance trip Nov 27, 2014
"Good place to stay! Sparse digs! No luxeries!"
Room are a little sparse! Have 2 stools for dinning! A comfortable chair to lounge about, newer flat screen tv! Don't expect regular made service, Also no clean towels, unless you ask. Missing items, no ironing board in room?
7 night business trip Nov 8, 2014
Bret
"Very Spacious"
Very spacious and comfortable. Only downside is location. Would be nice to have restaurants or convenience stores closer. Would stay here again.
1 night family trip Nov 8, 2014
MISTY
"We've had better"
People making noise upstairs all night and up and down the stairwell
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
try another
"negative"
will never go back
5 night trip Aug 13, 2014
jerry lewis
"Nice initially, service less than"
Once we first got into the room we thought it looked nice and was cozy. The next day we found the showers and sink were clogged (nbd just a little inconvenient) and we didnt get any [dirty] dishes until the afternoon after bugging the front desk a few times since earlier that morning. My friend mentioned the lady at the front desk was pretty defensive and not very helpful. My interactions with the people at the desk were fine. Good price for the place, just get your dishes at check in rather than the morning.
2 night trip with friends Aug 8, 2014
Angela
"Unbelievable and Unnecessary Nonsense"
Well, when I first opened the door to my room, an employee named Carl was asleep on my bed. He jumped up and apologized, but I was appalled - especially since I just had a horrible stay at an Extended Stay recently in Memphis, TN (Appletree). Now, I realize this isn't a 5-star hotel, but that's just ridiculous. I called to speak to the manager who wasn't in and who never returned my call. I seriously wonder if the front desk staff, Vanessa, ever even told the manager. No worries, though. I'll be contacting corporate. I also asked for a coffee maker that I never received, for the entire 6-night stay. Still, the room was relatively clean and the neighborhood was quiet.
6 night business trip Jul 25, 2014
Heidi L
"Smelled like an ashtray...."
This is the second time in as many years I have booked an ES hotel through Hotels.com. Both times we were stuck in a nasty smoking room because they were 'all booked up' after specifying a NON-smoking room. Two bottles of F******e did not make it any better. The smell permeated our clothes even in our suitcases. Bed was a squeeker any time we moved. Harder than heck to find off the 217. Find someplace else to stay, unless of course you are a heavy smoker and can't smell any more.
2 night family trip Jul 25, 2014
"Smells like an ashtray."
One of the most disgusting trips I have ever had. I requested a NON-SMOKING room, but somehow either ES or Hotels.com screwed that up. No extra rooms so I got stuck in a SMOKING room for 3 nights. Not even 2 bottles of F******e could mask the smell, it permeated everything. This also happened in Seattle with ES through Hotels.com. I can't get the smell out of my nose....
2 night family trip Jul 25, 2014
"Not great"
We weren't informed there was not housekeeping, unless you stay more then 8 days or you pay extra per day...so beds weren't made garbage wasn't emptied and no fresh towels , oh but we could have brought our dirty towels to the front desk...what? We were there for 4 dats, asked for an extra pillow for the first two dats, we never got one. Wasn't horrible, just disappointing ...guess you get what you pay for
4 night trip Jul 17, 2014
Guest from CA
Little things upset me like no cover over the kitchen light fixture. The kitchen was not adequate for cooking dinner, which is one reason we stayed with you; there were no pots, pans, cooking utensils. These items should have been in the room or at the very least we should have been asked to let the staff know what we required. When I questioned the front desk I was told that visitors had stolen kitchen items. None of the items I was given were worth stealing. I would stay again, but probably at a different location.
7 night trip Jul 7, 2014
Facility was great. Bed was acceptable but could have been better. Local area has almost no amenities within walking distance.
3 night business trip Jul 9, 2014
TJP
"over charged for horrible room"
we travel a lot and stayed at a lot of places. Charges should be according to room. This room was dirty dirty dirty. stains every where, cabinet doors falling off, stains on the bath tub, white towels were so dirty and brownish in color. wouldn't complain if the price was below 90 a night
5 night trip Jul 4, 2014
"bed too small"
reserved a king room. but they were overbooked and got a queen instead. too small.....
1 night trip Jun 28, 2014
"Could have been cleaner"
Overall it was OK, and decent for the price, but there was mold in the bathroom, which is unacceptable in any motel.
2 night business trip May 27, 2014
Rex
Overall good safe clean and well maintained. Especially good for people who wanted to cook themself in kitchen.
1 night trip May 23, 2014
JP
"Bad smoking policy."
Hotel allowed smoking in the outside stairwell, which was right outside our room. The smoke was drawn in through the wall heater/ac unit, filling our room with the smell of smoke. We asked the night desk attendant to have the smoker move and she said the Hotel Manager had told the smoker she could smoke in the stairwell. This is against Oregon State Law. The rooms had a convenient partial kitchen, the room was clean and in good repair.
Other trip May 25, 2014
Craig
"Accomodating Staff, But Bad Accomodations"
Beds needed replacing in the year 2000, very dated and not really worthy of 2 stars, but if you need a full kitchen and don't mind the lack of comfort, this place is for you. They don't have a business office, but the staff was very friendly and made copies for me, sent faxes long distance for me at no cost, and were just A plus all around, so that's great. Having said that, this is not a place you stay unless you must, and I will not stay here again, it just isn't at the level of the many choices nearby.
Other trip May 24, 2014
Glen
Ok, get what you pay for. Kitchen is nice if you want to cook or a full refrig.
Other trip May 19, 2014
"choice of room not guaranteed"
we booked a room well in advance it was confirmed, but upon arrival the room we booked was not available even tho we were promised it would be. so if you have a specific room booked and confirmed, it might not be available, when you arrive..
Other trip May 18, 2014
dc
"reserved room not available on check in"
reserved a smoking room, upon arrival, staff informed us there was no room available this was on our stay on 05/13/2014, was told that a smoking room would be available on our next stay on 05/16/2014. we were upgraded to a better room, but not the room we had reserved and received conformation on.
Other trip May 18, 2014
dc
"Ok"
Ok, except small bed (double), and very limited breakfast as well as eat in lobby with only two chairs.
2 night trip May 9, 2014
Ken
"Quiet location"
Quiet location away from freeway. Unfortunately, smokers on stairs so every time we came or went we had to pass them or the cigarettes and nasty air. Bathroom door would not shut, some missing light bulbs, strong smell of paint or chemicals, but clean room and good layout. Can't beat the price! Wireless internet worked fine. Bring food to cook your own breakfast -kitchens in units. Breakfast is granola bars and apples. Front desk people were helpful and very friendly.
Other trip May 14, 2014
mom & daughter
"Clean and convenient location"
2 night stay for a shopping and to pick daughter up from college. For the price it was great!
Other trip May 14, 2014
ripley58
"It's actually a motel!"
Clean room, uncomfortable bed clean but a little beat up. Good value for the price. Glad I only had to stay one nite. The grounds are very well maintained and felt safe.
Other trip May 10, 2014
mark
"You get what you paid for"
I chose the Extended Stay for two reasons 1) cost and 2) location. It was literally across the street from the business office I was working at. The "free breakfast" was nothing more than brewed coffee, packaged muffins, and fruit. It was in the office, which was a very small space. "Grab and Go" is definitely a good description. The room itself was fine for me and clean. I liked the kitchen! The bed was comfortable and clean. Negatives: The bathroom door was covered on both sides with a white plastic-type of sheet. It was starting to peel so out of curiosity I peeled it back to investigate and saw a hole someone had kicked in. The telephone had the display removed, so you didn't know what buttons to press or how to obtain an outside line. The tv was an LG flatscreen but all channels were b&w! How do you not have color? The outlets were poorly placed and difficult to reach when I needed to plug something in. There was an ironing board but no iron. These discoveries didn't affect my stay and if all you are looking for is a bed and a kitchen, this hotel is great. If you are looking for amenities such as a breakfast, iron, telephone, tv (color), then this is not the place for you!
2 night business trip Apr 9, 2014
Amber
"Not what I paid for!"
Chose a room with two doubles on line but got a king and sofa couch. My teenagers hardly slept since the couch bed was so uncomfortable. My son finally took the couch pillows onto the floor to sleep better than the couch bed! Too bad, travel with tired, grumpy teens is a difficult thing!
Other trip Apr 13, 2014
teacher
"Quiet and close to freeways"
Staff was flatline, not rude but not friendly either. Had a room with a kitchen but had to get cups from office. Quiet location in a business park setting. Close to I-5 and highway 217.
Other trip Apr 11, 2014
Len
"Dump of a room"
Don't ever get a room under stairs!!! Trash builds up and people smoke under stairs. This room had no sink stoppers and the hair collected and was not cleaned! Couldn't use tub!!! Molding in kitchen gone.
Other trip Mar 8, 2014
Dennis
In Tigard Portland for a quick overnite. It fit everything we needed. Shower control a bit odd though.
1 night business trip Feb 22, 2014
E . Hill
"Are You Kidding Me?!"
worst experience ever, got there at 11:30 pm and guess what No reception desk they closed at 11 pm, without even caring about customers who arrive late; there was a phone there for "Late Check In" and no one even cared to answer that. This place is terrible they ruined my Valentine's weekend and wasted my time and money.
2 night trip Feb 14, 2014
"Internet, a room, a kitchenette, and TV"
While this is not home, it is an ok substitute for someone needing a place to stay overnight or a few days. Now, the room is not luxury. It is clean and basic.... and the location is not the Champs Elysse. The staff is very friendly and it is also close to supermarkets, Starbucks, and other fast food establishments.
Other trip Feb 15, 2014
Roberto
"Needed a place to stay during a home remodel"
The staff were great! Location is easy to I-5. Allowed our dog and we had a full kitchen. We had a project at home that needed us to be gone for several days. This worked perfectly!
Other trip Jan 31, 2014
Stacy
"A good one! Don't even think about it!"
When we pulled in, after a long drive from Spokane and wanting to just rest and relax, we found nothing to stand in the way. We had done an extended stay here, years ago, and have popped in from time to time, over the years, whenever in the Portland area - always expecting and receiving the same big level of comfort and service by friendly staff. This is a go-to place. It's close to I-5, but not at all noisy. A 'known entity' that we can trust. There are some questionable places out there - this isn't one of them. Everything clean and bright. Everything right on. Capeesch?
1 night trip Jan 25, 2014
Room was roomy but parking a bit cumbersome
Response by Extended Stay America Portland - Tigard
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. We appreciate you letting us know that our parking area was a little challenging. We are sorry for this issue, but are happy to read that we provided you with a spacious room. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.
2 night business trip Jan 15, 2014
RS
"Meets expectations"
We were able to secure a room away from "smoking" rooms, but even then, I still detected a faint aroma of smoking in our room. And, our room was adjacent to the lobby office, so extra noise from doors opening and closing, foot traffic, and conversations. Next time, I'd ask for a non-smoking room away from the office.
Response by Extended Stay America Portland - Tigard
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. Please accept our apologies that your room had a slight smoke odor and that you were disturbed by noise from our lobby. In response, our staff is working to eliminate the odor, and we will be happy to provide you with a room further away from the office so that noise is not an issue. Thank you again for your review. It would be our honor to serve you again should your travels bring you back to the Portland area.
Other trip Dec 10, 2013
j
"ok"
price was a little high for the type of room and location, but still a pretty good value. Very close to the highway but that made it more convenient
1 night business trip Nov 13, 2013
my friend who I stayed there with is hadicap and when we got there, there was no handicap rooms available and they didn't have any shower chairs other than that room was excellent other than occasional cigarette smell that must have been coming into room from a smoking room.
Other trip Nov 12, 2013
"Near downtown Portland, fair price."
We booked last minute and only paid $70/night. The room had a full-size refrigerator and a stove. I wasn't crazy impressed with the room, but it was clean and I would book a room there again for the price.
Other trip Nov 7, 2013
KB
"Quiet location not too far from downtown"
The staff was great. The room was great. Very clean. I enjoyed the quiet. I would definitely stay here again.
Other trip Oct 28, 2013
"Fire the Maid"
We checked in late, and the first thing we noticed was the cheap cologne smell of the room. After looking around the room it was obvious that it had not been properly cleaned except the linens had been changed. Dirty counters, dirty floors, dirty bathroom including the toilet. I won't be staying here again, this is disgusting.
2 night trip Oct 25, 2013
dlcam61
"Not what i I thought"
The pictures on the site were not accurate to what it really looked like. The staff ran my CC instead of charging the CC on file for Hotels.com. The location was very inconvenient to get to and there were no restaurants close. It was in the midst of a business park. Breakfast was a joke. Grab and go with a granola bar in it. It looked like a Motel 6 with a small kitchenette. Bed was uncomfortable. Dogs barking until the early morning hours. People in other rooms fighting all night. I like extended stay places but next time I will stay at nicer hotel for the rate I paid.
4 night business trip Oct 9, 2013
"Close to Portland. Good quiet location"
I had requested a recliner chair and took a more expensive room to have a recliner. (My husband must sit up to sleep) We had a very nice suite but no recliner chair.. I asked the girl on the desk if we could move even a small room of it had a recliner and she said they didn't have any recliners. Next morning I found out another quest had one of the least expensive rooms and it had a recliner. WE would have gladly traded our suite for that room, just to have the recliner. We always try to stay in Extended stays because they always have recliners. It was a long rough night for my husband. Also we had only one package of coffee and no sweetner, no creamer.
Other trip Oct 14, 2013
Norma
"Not a fan"
When we arrived our key wouldn't work so we had to go back to the front desk to get working keys. Then we were surprised when we opened the door and the room was not clean and bed was not made. We had to go back to the front desk and get a new room. New room was okay but what a hassle.
Other trip Oct 11, 2013