All hotels in Germantown, Maryland, United States of America
20141 Century Blvd, Germantown, MD, 20874, United States of America, ‏‎800-658-6760

"Very poor customer service level."
The hotel is not too bad overall. My stay was not that awful until the Front Desk attendant in the morning of my departure demonstrated that customer satisfaction is not at all the goal pursued in that hotel.
1 night trip Aug 15, 2015
jean
"Don't Stay Here"
It's just a cheap motel with the Extended Stay sign. Old furniture, noisy appliances, leaking toilet. Would never stay here or any Extended Stay again. Free breakfast is just a muffin, apple and a protein bar in a bag. We couldn't rest and couldn't wait to check out. The only plus is that it's located near a movie theater, RiteAid and several restaurants
1 night family trip Aug 10, 2015
Ana
"Okay"
Older room - stained kitchen. Okay stay though, no major complaint.
Response by Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C.-Germantown-Town Ctr
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. Please accept our apologies that we were unable to exceed your expectations. In response to your feedback, we will continue to strive to provide each guest with a comfortable room and great customer service. Thank you again for posting your review. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.
6 night business trip Jul 26, 2015
"Not the Greatest"
We went for just two nights and the first night we checked in around 4 AM due to a late flight, so we really didn't stay too long. Plus most of the time we were at a nearby hospital. But I can give a few pros & cons about the stay... Pros: small kitchen in the room, including stove, refrigerator and microwave cozy & comfy bed restaurants nearby Safeway about 5 minutes away to stock the fridge Cons: need to purchase the kitchen pack for dishware, pots, and utensils (we were not aware of this until we arrived) carpet was not tacked to the floor in two different areas (not a big deal) huge burn mark on the wall next to the stove (again not a huge deal) trash was right outside of the room under the stair well.. and it was overfilling, finally the toilet seat was burned on 2/3rds of the seat All in all the hotel room was not unlivable but could have used a few fix ups, but you do get what you pay for. Let's just say if I needed to go back to the area, I wouldn't not stay here. Happy traveling!
Response by Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C.-Germantown-Town Ctr
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. I am so disappointed to hear about the cleanliness issues you experienced. Please accept my apology. I discussed your comments with the team, and we are reviewing our cleaning and room inspection procedures to make sure that these items are corrected. Additionally, dishware is available upon request at the front desk for no additional charge. I apologize if we failed to communicate this during check-in. Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
2 night family trip Jul 20, 2015
Nicole
"not totally satisfied"
Was very upset our room was given away and we had to settle for a smoking room. Our room should not have been made available to someone extending their stay.we already paid for ours
Response by Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C.-Germantown-Town Ctr
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. Please accept our apologies that your room type was not available at check-in. Moving forward, we will pay closer to our room inventory. Still, we are happy to know that you had positive experience overall. Thank you again for posting your review. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.
1 night family trip Jul 18, 2015
No complains. Safe place. Smooth drive to DC ... Not to far. We slept at peace our main purpose!
Response by Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C.-Germantown-Town Ctr
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our convenient location and comfortable hotel. Thank you again for posting your review. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.
2 night family trip Jul 3, 2015
Socorro
nice hotel. GREAT rate! Key didn't work the second night and had to have it rekeyed, but all went well.
Response by Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C.-Germantown-Town Ctr
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Please accept our apologies that your key had a malfunction. Still, we are pleased to know that we were able to provide a nice, comfortable room at a great price. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
2 night family trip Jul 3, 2015
Tabatha
The room was big and clean. Plenty of parking. Grab-and-go breakfast is rather minimal so if you like to have a big breakfast you might be disappointed. The Wi-Fi works but it's slow.
Response by Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C.-Germantown-Town Ctr
It is so rewarding to read that you had a pleasant stay with us. Thank you for your comments. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our customer service and our clean and comfortable rooms. Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.
1 night family trip Jul 4, 2015
"July 4th"
clean and quiet.
Response by Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C.-Germantown-Town Ctr
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. It's great to hear that we provided a clean and quiet room. I'm thrilled you had a great stay. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
2 night trip Jul 3, 2015
Bilan
A room in a very corporate neighborhood. Easy access to highway. Room too small, clean but not too comfortable. No ice, expected to use refrigerator in room which was clean and with empty ice trays. Breakfast was really coffee in the front office. It was the least expensive option in a very pricey market.
Response by Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C.-Germantown-Town Ctr
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. Please accept our apologies that our rooms did not meet your expectations. Still, we are pleased to know that we were able to provide you with a clean room at a good price. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
1 night romance trip Jun 9, 2015
"never again"
room was ok but no hairdryer and no ice on premises. breakfast consisted of coffee, granola bars, prepackaged muffins, all served in the space in front of the reception desk abt. 12 by 5 feet
Response by Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C.-Germantown-Town Ctr
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Please accept our apologies that our amenities did not meet your expectations. Moving forward we will work to better communicate our amenities so your experience is not repeated. Still, we are happy to see that we were able to provide you with a clean and comfortable room. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.
1 night family trip Jun 5, 2015
"nice safe and quiet place"
It was pleasant.
Response by Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C.-Germantown-Town Ctr
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear you enjoyed our comfortable rooms and quiet atmosphere. I am glad that you had a great stay. Thank you again for posting your review. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.
1 night trip with friends May 30, 2015
STEPHEN
"Great customer service"
Customer service was incredible. I reserved the wrong days for the stay and was easily able to change them to the correct days without any problems. Front desk workers were very knowledgeable and accommodating. The only real complaint I would have is that the temperature of the room was very unstable as with most hotels with base unit A/C. Overall it was a very comfortable stay.
Response by Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C.-Germantown-Town Ctr
The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such wonderful comments about our front desk team. I am proud of our staff for quickly accommodating your needs in a friendly and professional manner. Thank you again for posting your review. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.
4 night romance trip May 24, 2015
Jordan
"Extended Stay America"
Stay was for 9 nights. Had to be moved once because of AC problems. Bath linens need to be updated. Expensive for what services are provided although I was their over the Memorial Day weekend.
Response by Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C.-Germantown-Town Ctr
Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. I am pleased to read your remarks about the clean and comfortable room; however, I am very sorry that the air conditioning unit in your room was not properly functioning and that the bath linens needed updated. In response to your feedback, our air conditioning units will all be serviced to ensure proper function and we will work with our vendor to put out better quality linens. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
9 night family trip May 16, 2015
"Not A Great Product"
This a very spartan product. The hotel is tired and appliances were rusty and the room was in generally poor condition. I would not stay here unless nothing else is available.
Response by Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C.-Germantown-Town Ctr
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that we did not meet your expectations. To uphold our company's high standards, additional maintenance staff has been added and will be making sure everything is functioning properly. Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
1 night family trip May 23, 2015
bradley
"trip to DC"
Limited non smoking room, had to settle in a smoking room. Breakfast was limited to muffins, apple and two options for coffee. No extra bedding or quilt available.
Response by Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C.-Germantown-Town Ctr
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Please accept our apologies that your stay with us was not to our company’s high standards. I also apologize that our grab-and-go breakfast was not to your satisfaction. We will use your comments to work to provide better service moving forward. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.
1 night family trip May 23, 2015
rahul
"Unacceptable"
This is not a Hotel I would recommend to anyone. I am very low maintenance, but this was unacceptable. Hotels.com was vey HELFUL in getting me out of this BAD situation!
Response by Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C.-Germantown-Town Ctr
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that you were not pleased with your stay. In response to your feedback, we will continue to strive to provide each guest with a clean and comfortable room with great customer service. Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. We would love another opportunity to provide you with a better experience next time you are in town.
4 night business trip May 11, 2015
Jeannine
"Ok in an emergency but wouldn't stay here again"
This is a motel. I couldn't tell from the description or I wouldn't have booked it.
Response by Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C.-Germantown-Town Ctr
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that our hotel did not meet your expectations. In response to your feedback, we will continue to strive to provide each guest with a clean and comfortable room with great customer service. Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.
1 night business trip May 12, 2015
"Nice, but sketchy"
This hotel is definitely in a metro area. Broken glass was in the parking lot so I was nervous about my car the whole night and had trouble sleeping as there were sirens a couple of times and people running down hall at 3:30 am outside screaming. Also, if you are traveling alone with a child, the preferred hotel is one that has an inside hall and entrance thru a lobby. This had outside doors and no elevator for second floor. Maybe that is for the convenience of long term stays, but doesn't make me feel as safe. So room was decent and clean and tidy, but my daughter described it as "sketchy" and I tend to agree with her.
Response by Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C.-Germantown-Town Ctr
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We are truly sorry you didn't feel comfortable at our location due to the exterior entrances. Please know that guest safety is our number one priority, and we will take necessary steps to ensure that all of our guests feel comfortable at our hotel. Still, we are pleased to know that we were able to provide you with a clean and comfortable room. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We would love to see you again should your travels bring you to the area.
1 night family trip May 9, 2015
debbie
The room is overall clean and comfortable. But the desk is not in good condition (it has unfixed cracks).
Response by Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C.-Germantown-Town Ctr
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Please accept our apologies that the desk in your room needed some repair. Still, we are pleased to know that we were able to provide a clean and comfortable room. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Other trip May 10, 2015
"Very Nice Stay"
Thank goodness I'm not one of those people that just read the negative reviews at face value. My stay was wonderful. Room clean quiet. My only complaint was that I wish they had more tv channels ie Bravo & A&E. There was a storm and I was stuck inside with limited channels.
Response by Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C.-Germantown-Town Ctr
It is so rewarding to read that you had a wonderful stay with us. Thank you for your comments. We appreciate you letting us know that our channel package didn't meet your expectations. We are sorry for this issue, but are happy to read that we provided you with friendly customer service and a clean and comfortable room. Thank you again for posting your review. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.
3 night business trip May 5, 2015
Teresa
"First Visit"
Had to go back to office for another room, Desk clerk was new to property and didn't know it well enough to give me 1st floor room when initially asked.
1 night business trip Apr 21, 2015
David H
"Loved Germantown!"
Loved our stay! Other than the room keys not working every night, we had no issues!!
3 night romance trip Mar 22, 2015
Brittney
"Extended Stay"
Extended Stay is a "no frills" hotel offering a nice place to sleep. As I am gone from early morning until dark this suits my needs perfectly. I can get all the coffee I want in the morning with a little snack and the rooms are quiet and comfortable. Hotel staff goes out of their way to b e friendly and helpful.
3 night family trip Apr 23, 2015
roseanne
"Best time"
It was wonderful nice and quite
2 night romance trip Apr 24, 2015
"Mediocre place"
Front desk distracted and did not tell room was upstairs. No coffee in the morning and had to wait to get someone to make new pot. Took a long time to get anyone's attention.
Response by Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C.-Germantown-Town Ctr
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am pleased to see your score of your clean and comfortable room. However, I am very sorry that we ran out of coffee and our staff wasn't attentive. To make sure this doesn't happen again, we have added additional staff and reviewed your survey with our team to ensure we give the "home away from home" experience typical of our hotels. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback.
1 night family trip Apr 21, 2015
"Reasonable option for Germantown Maryland…"
It was a good value with all of the basics included!
Response by Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C.-Germantown-Town Ctr
The team and I appreciate your high praise and kind remarks. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and consider us to be a good value. Thank you again for posting your review. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.
2 night trip Apr 18, 2015
Barry R.
"Day out"
Ok
1 night romance trip Mar 27, 2015
Dominique
"OK for the price and purpose"
Nor the greatest, but the room was comfortable. Sucks that they don't have the kitchen amenities already in the room. You have ask at the from desk. The grab and go breakfast was a joke. I rather make my own coffee. Make sure to ask for a room away from the highway. On the plus side there are a lot of eating place abou the a 1/4 mile from the hotel and a movie theater if you get bored.
Response by Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C.-Germantown-Town Ctr
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Please accept our apologies that our dishware policy was not explained to you upon check-in and that our grab-and-go breakfast was not to your satisfaction. Still, we are pleased to know that we were able to provide you with a comfortable room in a convenient location for your needs. Thank you again for posting your review. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
Budget traveler
"This hotel should be a motel instead. It sucks!!"
I was not happy with this hotel. The bed had bugs and the bathroom tub was not clean. The tub had lots of chips in it so the paint was coming off. It was very uncomfortable. I didn't like that your linens were only changed once a week. On their website it said this hotel was newly renovated but clearly from my comments above that was a lie. The staff wasn't the best either. If you asked a question you just got attitude from the receptionist. I would never stay in this hotel again or any extended stay chains.
4 night trip Mar 16, 2015
"Not bad."
I didn't stay a friend of mine did (I booked the room for them) and they were ok with the room, but it wasn't great. For the price it was fine. They did note that it was very dark in the room even when all the lights were on.
1 night trip with friends Mar 14, 2015
"Not good for short stay place"
Room is old, no service provide for short stay, location is convenient to restaurants and freeway, breakfast coffee is cold.
Response by Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C.-Germantown-Town Ctr
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that our grab-and-go breakfast was not what you expected and that the service you experienced was not up to our company’s high standards. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will check the coffee temperature during our breakfast hours to make sure your experience is not repeated. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
1 night romance trip Feb 20, 2015
tao
"Awesome"
The staff is courteous and helpful
2 night family trip Jan 30, 2015
"comfortable"
I had an emergency at my home that I needed to evacuate for the night. I found this hotel right away at 11pm and was met with courteous, helpful staff. I only needed a place to lay my head so I cant comment on the breakfast or any other accommodations, but if the room is any evidence of my stay, I was comfortable, relaxed and felt safe.
Response by Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C.-Germantown-Town Ctr
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that our staff took great care of you and that we provided you with a comfortable stay. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our team. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.
1 night trip Jan 8, 2015
"Cost efficient lodging"
I was surprised to find their king lot covered in snow and ice! It had snowed the day before and it appeared they attempted to put down salt, but it wasn't effective. Otherwise, the hotel was acceptable. It certainly was worth the cost - a great value, especially for short term stays.
Response by Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C.-Germantown-Town Ctr
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Please accept our apologies that the parking lot was not clear after the snow. I will be working with my staff to ensure that we are better preparing our parking lot for snow in the future. Still, we are pleased to know that we were able to know that we were able to provide you a great room at an affordable price. Thank you again for posting your review. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.
1 night business trip Jan 7, 2015
dawn
"Its nice quiet and private."
The hotel never bothers you when you are in the privacy of your room. Also, if you need any info or anything that is possible for them to help you with they seem to always be happy to take care of it for you. Nice hotel staff, have smoking rooms in a separate building. Warm cheap hotel off in the cut so you don't have to worry about random walking around. Also my favorite part is that the rooms come with a kitchen. Peace, Loyal Extended Stayer
Response by Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C.-Germantown-Town Ctr
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am proud of our team for providing you with such attentive and friendly service. We are proud to have provided you with a quiet, private room with a fully equipped kitchen. Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.
Other trip Jan 1, 2015
Matthew
"One night stay"
We enjoyed our stay and plan to stay there again. We had a smoking room, but there were no ashtrays - that was the only thing that seemed a little odd.
1 night romance trip Dec 24, 2014
janice
"contract traveler"
was disappointed to find out the room does not supply the things you need in the room for cooking coffee Shampoo you have to ask for these things to be delivered to your room then when they were delivered dirty coffee pot with mold in it refrigerator had rust over the hinges and the stove was broke wasn't using it so didn't care but still
3 night business trip Dec 15, 2014
Richie
"good quality service"
I really enjoyed the peace and quite.and the room was very clean.
1 night family trip Nov 27, 2014
"Overnight"
Perfect for an overnight stay on our way to relatives for the holiday Weekend.
1 night romance trip Nov 26, 2014
"It was fine"
It was convenient for what we needed it for butIi wouldn't want to stay there longer than a night or two. They do not provide conditioner in the bathroom and the front desk couldn't find any. Nota big deal but inconvenient.
Response by Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C.-Germantown-Town Ctr
Elizabeth - Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are sorry to hear that you were not provided with conditioner; however, we are glad that you enjoyed your clean room. We will review your feedback with our front desk staff to ensure we are always able to provide our guests with toiletries. Thank you again for your feedback. We hope to see you again in the future.
1 night family trip Nov 15, 2014
"Could be better"
The room was nicely renovated and we had what we needed. It rained while we were there and so we were stuck inside and out of the few channels that worked 3/4 of them were news or sports which did not work for us. The service seems to depend on who's working. Some of the staff was good, while others were pretty bad. Overall, it was ok.
2 night family trip Sep 18, 2014
"okay"
Hotel was recently redone and good condition. No kitchen utensils in room but you can get them at checkin.
Response by Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C.-Germantown-Town Ctr
Ed - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that you were pleased with the condition of our hotel. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our team. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
2 night family trip Sep 17, 2014
ed
The hotel is very convenient to all kinds of eateries and some shopping. I was very pleased with the customer service I received from the staff. When I checked in the hotel rep Edward personally checked to make sure my room was ready and then when I called the front desk to say I had forgotten my hair dryer he brought one to my room within 5 minuted. I stay here frequently and am always satisfied with the room and service.
1 night trip Jul 30, 2014
Terri
"Good basic accomodations"
Everything was fine, except they forgot to provide dishes or drinking glasses.
1 night family trip Jul 18, 2014
"dangerous?"
Hotel made a mistake and gave the same room to a different group. We were sleeping at night and someone opened the door at 1am. We had the latch locked, thank goodness. Freaked me and my family, and we could not sleep well at all that night. Also, the window lock was broken in that room so we felt more unsafe. Asked for a different room the next morning. Hotel should have better organized their system of rooms and fix all security issues through maintenance.
2 night family trip Jun 20, 2014
June
"Flood recovery"
It was great
1 night trip Jun 20, 2014
BIG D
I had a less than satisfactory experience at your esrablishment on this stay. There was a bug on my pillow when I came into the room. I only saw one and I was too tired to address it so I just went to sleep. Next morning(June 8), I saw another one on the floor and I informed the clerk(name begin with Al) at the front desk. The clerk just stared back at me without any response. I stared back waiting for some kind of response and she just kept on staring. I just told her never mind and started to leave. She then went into the back room and spoke with someone and came out and offered me a discount for next time. By this time, I was not interested in what she had to say so I left. I understand that things are not always perfect. But it would be a better experience if your staff was more attentive and empathetic to guests' reasonable dissatisfaction. I can provide the photo of the bug if you send me an e-mail addresses I can send to. Thank you, Sincerely, David Kim
1 night business trip Jun 7, 2014
"Clean and friendly"
We stopped in for the night and this hotel was great. Clean, friendly, comfortable. Was the lowest price in the area and was very pleased.
1 night trip Jun 4, 2014
"Very Pleased"
It was very convenient shopping, theaters & dinning
1 night romance trip Jun 7, 2014