All hotels in Germantown, Maryland, United States of America
20141 Century Blvd, Germantown, MD, 20874, United States of America, ‏‎800-658-6760

"Very Pleased"
It was very convenient shopping, theaters & dinning
1 night romance trip Jun 7, 2014
Dion
This hotel is very convenient to everything i want. I love the way its secluded but yet close to everything including restaurants, theater and shopping. I usually see Brock or Pam when im checking in or out as i stay there frequently and they are always kind and professional. I really like the newly renovated rooms too. Very nice!
1 night trip Jun 3, 2014
Terri
"could be better"
The service was ok. The full kitchen ( no oven ) and laundry room make things easy. To be able to cook your own food gives you the option of eating accordingly to our diet. The room could be cleaner as well as the kitchen stuff.
1 night trip May 31, 2014
"OK Stay"
For a quick overnight stay in Germantown, it's ok. Skip the breakfast -- it was understocked and stale.
1 night business trip May 31, 2014
"Convenient to Germantown"
Very disappointed. Marginal service. No housekeeping since stay less than 4 days! No toiletries in bathroom!!
3 night trip May 24, 2014
I like having a refrigerator and stove, and microwave.
1 night trip May 22, 2014
Monty Ramsey
Great service and great room. I'll definitely stay there again
1 night trip May 24, 2014
D Copeland
"One level above low class"
Staff was rude. Do not know the meaning of customer service. I would only stay here if there were no other options.
Other trip May 26, 2014
Long term trave
"Close to interstae"
Needed a room for one night. It was ok. Smelled like a smoking room even though was called non smoking. A bit dim. Fine for one night.
Other trip May 26, 2014
laura
Always enjoy staying at extended stay
1 night trip May 22, 2014
"Personal Event"
My Family and I enjoyed our stay on May 14, 2014 and will be staying again this week May 22, 2014 while some contractors work in our house.
2 night trip May 13, 2014
Monty Ramsey
"Customer service is terrible"
Not pleased.... she tried to over charge me, even though I had a confirmation from a third party company
2 night trip Apr 23, 2014
Brayana
"close to work"
towels need a litle softner to say the least they were like sand paper and housekeeping only once a week housekeeping made th ebed on Friday and there were a few dishes in the sink I would have assumed they would have washed them as part of housekeeping. had no cold water in bathroom sink took two complaints to get it fixed
Other trip Apr 21, 2014
I booked a no-smoking room. It may have been no-smoking while I was there, but definitely hadn't been that way for long. The room wreaked of tobacco. I bought a air freshener candle and kept it burning. I searched for a hotel that offered "free breakfast'\", maybe I didn't read the review carefully enough. The breakfast was "grab and go", meaning packaged muffins and cereal bars, and coffee. Guess everybody has different interpretations of breakfast. The clerk was very friendly.
2 night trip Apr 18, 2014

"Germantown"
The price is low. The enviroment is comfortable.
3 night business trip Apr 23, 2015
CN
"商务"
住着挺方便的,有厨房,可以自己做吃的。
6 night business trip Jan 19, 2015
CN
"Hotel needs to be cleaned up."
Room is OK but old. Painting and carpets must be refreshed. Air conditioning is very noisy. Breakfast is just a coffee and a donut.
Response by Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C.-Germantown-Town Ctr
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that your room as well as our free grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations during your visit. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and all staff are committed to working hard to keep our property maintained to make sure your experience is not repeated. As well, I am meeting with my staff to ensure that we are fully stocking our grab-and-go breakfast items. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Other trip Dec 12, 2014
1 night trip Mar 15, 2014
10 night family trip May 14, 2015
surachak
TH

TripAdvisor reviews for Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Germantown - Town Center

"1st time and last time"
07/29/15 Cherese H
Front desk was incompetent. Several people in front of me at check-in were told that their rooms weren't ready even after the designated check in time. Two of the three seemed tired and unhappy with their job. Very little eye contact or smiles. One even remarked that they only had 3 more hours left on their shift and how tired she was. My bed linens were dirty. Clearly not freshly unfolded and brown/black stains on every sheet, fitted sheet and pillow case. When I asked for clean ones, they didn't have 2 clean complete sets for my 2 double beds. I assumed they would make up the beds with clean linens. Instead, I walked in to incomplete set folded and placed on the bed so I had to actually change their dirty sheets. Because the sets were incomplete, we had to turn one pillow on the cleaner side to sleep on. Never again.
"Good as a one-nighter. Not so good as an extended stay..."
07/10/15 sadtraveler2015 New York
This ESA was converted from another chain and it shows. It is really set up for an extended stay. The worst part is that there is no elevator! If you're going to be staying for a while, you're going to have a lot more stuff than just a suitcase or two and you will have to schlep all your stuff up and down stairs. UPON CONNECTING TO THE INTERNET, MY BROWSER WAS IMMEDIATELY ATTACKED BY MALWARE. It's a good thing my antivirus intercepted it. The fact it wasn't the usual wireless GOESH, it made me nervous connecting to it. (But that is probably another artifact of it being a conversion.) On the other hand, you can tell that the rooms have had an overhaul, and it felt new. I had no problem with the quality of the room. Other things different than your average ESA: The doors open to the OUTSIDE, meaning a lot less security. The floor plan is not the expected ESA. Lobby closes at 10pm not 11pm.
"Awesome"
06/01/15 Levaughn
This was a great stay and i had no issue. Come here all the time. I always enjoyed staying here. I felt great when i layed in the bed. I say if you need a place to stay, stay here at the germantown extended stay.
"Disappointing."
05/10/15 katimjo New Orleans, Louisiana
Lobby closed at 10 PM and late checkin was a bit of a problem. The lobby smelled badly of strange cleaner or candle and was less than inviting. Room was clean though, although no amenities. I have stayed in all the other hotels in the area and would say this was probably the worst of the bunch. Not really a breakfast so much as coffee and snack bars. Fine for a quick trip.
"Clean and updated"
03/11/15 Jeannette M
Stayed here 2 weekday nights. I was pleasantly surprised in cleanliness and updated room. Had a fridge , stove and microwave. Amena, the front desk clerk, was extremely pleasant. Will definitely stay there agaon.
"This Hotel Ripped Me Off!"
02/23/15 Janice C Laytonsville, Maryland
I had to stay at this hotel because the others in the area were completely booked due to a snowstorm. I was only 10 miles from home, but the roads were completely blocked so I decided to find a hotel to stay the night. I tried the Marriott, but it was completely full, and they told me to try the Extended Stay. I went online and was able to book a room. The rooms at the Extended Stay were actually nice and clean, but the staff was very unprofessional. When I checked out the following morning, the man at the registration desk told me he couldn't print me a receipt. When I asked him why, he told me it was because I had booked on Expedia.When I told him that I booked online at the Extended Stay website and gave him the copy of my confirmation notice (which I printed at the Marriott), he printed out a receipt that said I was being charged $53 (total $60 with taxes). However, the online reservation was for $69. When I looked at my bank statement, I saw that I was actually charged the $69 ($80 with tax). What gives? I thought online bookings were the cheapest way to go. But apparently if I had just shown up at the hotel without a reservation, I would have been charged only $53. I will NEVER recommend Extended Stay to anyone; in fact, I will tell people my story and what a RIP-OFF the hotel was. I don't want anyone to be scammed like I was.
"Choose another Extended Stay location in the area."
07/26/14 Stevo4256 Lancaster, Pennsylvania
I will definitely stay at a different Extended Stay America the next time I'm in the area. This location is less of a hotel and more like a poorly run apartment complex. It's 3 buildings all with outside entrances to each room. Half the rooms are on the second floor and there is NO ELEVATORS! Good luck with the TV and Internet speed. The internet is slow when you can even connect. The TV channels were very fuzzy and hard to see. I called front desk 3 times during my month long stay to mention that only half the channels were coming in clear and they did absolutely nothing about it! The room I was in felt dingy. Like I said, It felt more like an apartment community. There were unattended kids playing in the parking lot all hours of the day throwing balls around cars. I even caught 2 of them snooping in the back of my truck! The trail of sketchy people driving in and out of the property is disturbing. There seems to be an over abundance of barking dogs in the rooms all morning long! There were loud folks drinking beer using the picnic tables and grill/common area until 1am 4 nights a week. I was not impressed with this particular location but overall I stick with the Extended Stay brand. I just won't come back to this one.
"Discussed"
05/26/14 Bizwoman69
I was over charged. Clerk didn't show any concerns at all. Shower was broken but they did have maintenance fix it after a cool shower. Location was fine. Staff wasn't friendly. I will neverstay at this lolocation again....
"Newly Renovated, Outstanding Bargain"
04/09/14 Troy S Erie, Pennsylvania
This hotel is one of the best bargains I've found in the DC area. Newly renovated room was pristine. Front desk manager Brock, and assistant Nuria were extremely helpful in resolving a minor billing problem with the corporate office.
"Worst hotel I've stayed at..."
02/18/14 alexmoss2013 Germantown, Maryland
I had a horrible experience once again. They over charged me the first time, the noise level in the rooms beside me were highly ridicoulous at various times of the night. I then complained to the manager and he made me feel better. I went to give them another chance this weekend, and It was even worse then the first time. I had to constantly clean the room, get my own towels and there was no breakfast between 6 and 9 am. The maid not once came and cleaned my room for me. I didn't get what i put on reserve, and they werent that friendly. My refridgerater kept leaking , i had to throw all of my food out because it went bad. HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE!