All hotels in Fairfax, Virginia, United States of America
12104 Monument Dr, Fairfax, VA, 22033, United States of America, ‏‎800-658-6760

"Go somewhere else"
I was staying in this room with a colleague. The hotel only provided one towel in the room. Had to go to the front desk to get another one early in the morning before going to work. I got in the shower and found no shampoo provided. I didn't have time to dry off and go back down, so I had to just shower without it. The towels that they gave us were painfully course. All night long something in the wall sounded like coffee percolating. Pipes rattled randomly throughout the night. The ac runs very loudly. Kids were running around outside screaming all night long. The beds were uncomfortable. The comforters were paper thin. I was able to get very little sleep either night there.
2 night business trip Jul 21, 2014
"Nice location near to Fair Oaks Mall ."
Management needs to be improved.Kitchen utilities are poor and oven in bad condition.Poorly staffed and managed.
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
Akil
"Nice hotel with kitchen and diner table"
It was good stay, felt like home a bit, the air Condition was not that good though
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
yaseen
"Great hotel for extended stay"
The kitchen was a great benefit.
5 night trip Jul 2, 2014
"love ESA!"
This was my second time at this Extended Stay America in Fairfax VA. It seems either new or freshly remodeled so everything is fresh and clean for the most part. I love the full kitchen although it would be nice to have more flatware since there was only one fork in the drawer (along with a few spoons and knives). Also there was a sauce pan lid but no sauce pan. Fortunately we had picked up prepared food at Wegmans so we didn't have to cook. The rooms seem well sound proofed and the AC was set at a perfect temp and it was quiet. Love the setup of the room. One recommendation I would have for the continental breakfast is to have half n half available as well as milk for the oatmeal. If this means a bucket of ice to place it in then that should be done. Staff was very friendly and all in all I would recommend this ESA.
1 night trip Jul 3, 2014
nancy
"Nice hotel convinient location"
The stay was good the room was cute it had a little kitchen area with stove bathroom was nice and the room wasnt a bad size however they gave you bare minimum like tony bar of soap a few towls no dish soap and the bed was very uncomfortable unleas you like extemely firm matress like a wood board an they dont offer ice!
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
"Hotel with out breakfast"
It's too difficult to me to say a hotel. When I arrived to this building , the reception was closed , it was 12,20 am , the lucation was far from center of the city, there was no sigl person to ask, I was spending around one hour until some one came hilpped me from that hotels residents . In the result , I can say it's very bad one
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
aziz
"Cleaniness"
The most horrendous experience I have ever had while staying in any temporary accomodations ever!!! from the initial mildewed stench of the room upon entering--to the cigar/cigarette butts scattered everywhere about the floors and stairwells. I would never stay here again which is why only 1 night could be tolerated.
Other trip Jun 28, 2014
Joyce
amazing
2 night business trip Jun 3, 2014
"Great Value, Clean, Centrally located"
Great price for this "high rent" neighborhood. Most hotels in this neighborhood are twice the price. The furniture/draeries/carpets were clean and newish.
1 night trip Jun 21, 2014
"Get what you pay for"
Hotel was older and cost was good. Seemed clean, definitely wouldn't have used the room's coffee pot as it had a funky odor. Staff was not very friendly but was helpful. Overall, since i was only in the room for a few hours plus sleep time, it was ok. Good location for what I was doing.
2 night trip Jun 18, 2014
"needs an exterminator"
bugs in bathroom, toilet running, had to ask for shampoo. AWFUL!
Other trip Jun 20, 2014
Hank
"excellent stay"
We enjoyed this hotel very much. Just one night but we would have gladly stayed longer. Breakfast was healthier than most continental breakfasts.
Other trip Jun 19, 2014
Daisy
"That which is bought cheap is the dearest."
I stayed one night for business meeting. I wouldn’t recommend this hotel for family. Pretty bad smell, not cleaned room. That which is bought cheap is the dearest.
Other trip Jun 17, 2014
BJ
"Hotel looked nice, but room was big disappointment"
OVERALL DISSATISFIED AND WOULD NOT RECOMMEND: a) I booked this room the afternoon of my intended stay, so I had to get a smoking room for the best available rate. Room was definitely smelling like it had been smoked in (while I am sure some people appreciate being able to smoke in their rooms, I generally think that all hotels should be smoke-free ideally; though I can't really complain about that since I knew I was getting a smoking room). b) I came into the bathroom and there was a little gnat/fly-type bug flying around the bathroom. c) I sat my suitcase down on the floor in the main room and a cockroach ran over my foot. Needless to say I immediately hit the hay and, since it was late and I was tired, I tried not to think about the general condition/cleanliness of the room. d) One reason I was tired was because my gps sent me somewhere different than the actual hotel location and I was driving around for like 20 minutes looking for it; when I later found it, it was obvious, but I am not sure if the address is wrong or if my gps is dumb but either way of course that was not a good start to the process! IN SUMMATION: there are plenty of other hotels in this area and if the price is even close to the same, I would recommend you check out somewhere other than this one.
1 night trip Jun 6, 2014
"Disgusting"
This hotel is severly lacking in the basics. The "fresh" towels are filled with hair and stains, the air conditioner sounds like it's dying, bathroom fan doesn't work, we had to plug the lamps in, the dishes are too disgustingly filthy to use and the dishsoap they provide is laughable, every drawer has dirt, the beds are uncomfortable and linens also hair-filled, the staff is barely approachable, the free breakfast is a small credenza covered with oatmeal product packets, four muffins and fruit (which doesn't sound bad but not up to par at all), we could hear the nearby marching band, traffic and airplanes over our horrible air conditioner, the toilet runs, surfaces are sticky, the free amenities must be retrieved from the front desk so do that immediately but don't expect luxuries like hair conditioner I was rudely told they don't have it, and even the entrance to this location is awkward and frustrating. The only plusses are the other guests are nice and the area is safe to walk in after dark.
4 night family trip Jun 7, 2014
"must-see sight"
Best hotel i stayed at
1 night trip May 25, 2014
luis cruz
"Blah"
The service was ok but the room had a nasty smell to it. The gentlemen at the counter could not properly direct me to the room. Finally there were no soap or shampoo in the rooms. When called down to the desk i got no response
1 night business trip May 23, 2014
"nice"
nice
1 night romance trip May 9, 2014
mohamed
"Good for a quick fix"
Definitely not the nicest room I've ever stayed in. Our non-smoking room smelled like smoke. Had the basics, nothing fancy. The fridge was convenient.
2 night trip with friends Apr 25, 2014
"Disgusted"
It was horrible... A big came out of the hole in the wall, nobody came to clean to the room the two nights we stayed ; the room didn't even come with a do not disturb sign (?????) the light bulb was barely in the holster not even tighten in; u could just pull the bulb out the holster(????) I'm confused as to how the light was still working... And every time i needed somethin from the front desk it took almost twenty minutes every time just to get change for a dollar .... Wouldn't stay here again ...
2 night business trip Apr 17, 2014
Yolanda
Reasonable price very clean will be back next year.
1 night business trip Apr 25, 2014
Bill W
"Excellent service"
I went to visit my daughter in college and found Extebded Stay nearby, the room was great , and also the service . I will definetly stay there again the next time I'm in that area!!
2 night trip Apr 25, 2014
Xan
"Not so good hotel"
Room was stinking. Refrigerator was not working. We stayed in kings room, but the layout plan was not gooooooooood. Mirror was next to dining table, Bath room entrance was through kitchen
Other trip Apr 19, 2014
"Decent"
It has all the necessities, except the little shampoo and conditioners most hotels give you. However, this was my first time in an "extended stay" hotel. Hope that's why! She was rather upset about it.
1 night trip Apr 15, 2014
Brandon Ramos
"Nix budget hotel"
Great staff helpfull and smily the room is nice for budget travelers who do not expect more
Other trip Apr 16, 2014
kassssab
"Nice facility - a little on the older, worn side"
It would have been nice to see a listing with more of the amenities in the rooms prior to our stay as we took things like hairdryer, iron, etc to make sure we had access to them. Both of those items are standard in the room. Other than that, it worked for what we needed - a clean place to sleep and shower. I'm not a huge fan of outdoor access rooms; but this location seemed secure enough.
Other trip Apr 16, 2014
"Had a great room"
The staff was wonderful and my room was in great shape.
3 night trip Apr 10, 2014
"Bad Service"
It was abad day for me , foul scent in the room, Treat aperson who works at the reception is very bad, I neaver go back to this hotel again, also i will tell my friends and acquaintances they have no come to this hotel.
Response by Extended Stay America - Washington D.C.- Fairfax - Fair Oaks
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize for the odors and the level of professionalism displayed by some members of your staff. I will meet with our entire staff to review our cleaning procedures and guest protocol to ensure your experience is not repeated. Again, thank you for the comments. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better stay in the future.
1 night business trip Apr 6, 2014
Hamad
The staff was very hospitable and helpful.
Response by Extended Stay America - Washington D.C.- Fairfax - Fair Oaks
The staff and I appreciate your kind remarks. We’re thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the service our staff provided. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!
1 night trip Apr 3, 2014
"It was wonderful stay!"
The hotel staff at front desk was very kind and helping and the room was great. The only thing I didn't really like is that cooking utensils were not really clean. Except that, everything was good.
1 night trip Mar 31, 2014
Traveller
"Wouldn't stay again"
Poor service. No cups in rooms. No tissues. Floor sticky. Closet door looked like a shower curtain. Bathroom skin was falling off the wall. Exterior walls very thin. Great location and could park at my front door. Would not recommend or stay there again.
Response by Extended Stay America - Washington D.C.- Fairfax - Fair Oaks
Jeff - I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. I sincerely apologize that our level of customer service and the cleanliness in your room did not meet your expectations. I will meet with our entire staff to review our cleaning procedures and guest protocol to ensure your experience is not repeated. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better stay the next time you’re in town.
2 night trip Apr 4, 2014
"Excellent Hotel"
This hotel is the best bang for your buck in the area. Very reasonable price and very nice rooms. My room was newly remodled, had a kitchenet, and a very comfortable king size bed. The room was very clean smelled good and was a pleasure to stay in. The staff was very nice and polite. Very close to near by resturaunts and they are within walking distance. I would highly reccomend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a clean and comfortable stay in this area.
1 night trip Mar 21, 2014
"Great service at the desk"
Stayed for one night and I had a great experience. Was greeted with a smile and received a call from the desk few minutes after I checked in to make sure the room is ok. Definitley recommend it!
1 night trip Mar 20, 2014
excellent
Response by Extended Stay America - Washington D.C.- Fairfax - Fair Oaks
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the service our staff provided. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!
1 night business trip Mar 19, 2014
"expensive for the area surrounded"
the bed is too small for 2, both of us are thin but still was small for us. kitchen appliances were not clean at all. breakfast was a joke. its not a real breakfast its somehow expensive for what you can get by this price. very cold air coming from the door from down, its not sealed and at the same time, hot air coming from the condition, it was just annoying. the front desk guy was very friendly. would I come back again? yes if the price bellow 50/night.
Response by Extended Stay America - Washington D.C.- Fairfax - Fair Oaks
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. We appreciate your kind comments regarding our staff; however, I apologize that you were not completely satisfied with your stay. I am sorry to hear that you found your bed to be too small and your kitchen appliances to be dirty. As well, I apologize that our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations. Your feedback will be very useful as we continue to improve our guest experience. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you’re in the area.
Other trip Mar 19, 2014
hammad
"Not impressed..."
I have stayed at other Extended Stay America hotels and this one was by far the shabbiest. It is situated in a pretty upscale, professionally working neighborhood in Northern Virginia, so I assumed it would be on par with the other 2 ES hotels w/in a 5-10 minute drive. Wrong assumption! Cheap and drab interiors. Hopefully ES will upgrade and renovate because this hotel will lose money.
Response by Extended Stay America - Washington D.C.- Fairfax - Fair Oaks
Kay - Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am pleased to hear that you were satisfied with our hotel’s location and great value. Still, it upsets me to learn that our overall accommodations did not meet your expectations. Please know, your feedback is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S and Canada in the future.
Other trip Mar 18, 2014
Kay
"great place to stay"
We enjoyed our stay very much ... especially being able to cook our own meals. Very well located!
Response by Extended Stay America - Washington D.C.- Fairfax - Fair Oaks
Dave - The staff and I appreciate your kind remarks. We’re thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our clean rooms with fully equipped kitchens and our hotel’s location. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!
5 night trip Mar 8, 2014
dave
Great rate didn't stay long but very convenient to the mall. Definitely would stay again
Response by Extended Stay America - Washington D.C.- Fairfax - Fair Oaks
Chell - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and the service our staff provided. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!
1 night trip Mar 14, 2014
Chell
"Nice hotel near city"
Nice hotel in the middle of all of the hustle and bustle. Easily within walking distance of tons of food options and more yet still very quiet. I very much enjoyed my stay
Response by Extended Stay America - Washington D.C.- Fairfax - Fair Oaks
Beth – I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that you were pleased with your stay and that you enjoyed our location. It would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future.
Other trip Mar 12, 2014
Beth
"Best deal (Value) in Fairfax, VA."
A little tricky to find initially, but good location overall. Near Fair Oaks Mall, George Mason University and Gov't Center. Plenty of good restaurants nearby. Give it a 3.5!
Response by Extended Stay America - Washington D.C.- Fairfax - Fair Oaks
Thank you so much for posting a review of our hotel. I am sorry to hear that you had a difficult time finding our location. Still, I am glad that you were pleased with your stay and our proximity to nearby restaurants. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Other trip Mar 12, 2014
LarSween
"An overnight stay"
Hotel was a bit hard to find since they changed to name and sign to Homewood Suites but did not mention this on the confirmation.
Other trip Mar 10, 2014
It was not a suite. It was a bedroom and a kitchen
1 night trip Feb 26, 2014
"Wonderful Stay"
My stay although it was short, was an awesome relaxing stay.
1 night business trip Feb 25, 2014
Carla Cash
"Excellent Price"
Overall the stay here was very comfortable. Two things I believe should be improved: The breakfast and bathroom needed to be cleaner.
2 night trip Dec 28, 2013
Norberto
"Great Staff"
The Staff was great.
1 night romance trip Aug 17, 2013
"the place is horrible...................."
the place is not safe, that should be list under Motel not a Hotel.....................................................
Response by Extended Stay America - Washington D.C.- Fairfax - Fair Oaks
Ben - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am very sorry that you did not feel safe at our hotel. Please know, one of our top priorities is to ensure the safety of our guests. We do so by providing security and being trained in how to handle certain types of situations. Still, after reading your feedback, I will work with the staff to improve our measures to ensure our guests are comfortable at our hotel at all times moving forward. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.
Other trip Jul 31, 2013
Ben
"Not the best but not the worst in the area."
The room has a good size with a stove and large fridge but the bathroom was in poor condition and the tv only picked up 15-20 channels out for 40 plus offered. The staff was so so on friendliness when I checked in. Would only come back if i really had to, best part was location.
1 night business trip Jun 27, 2013
Ryan
"Sad"
Have stayed at other Homestead Suites and compared to them this was pathetic and that is being kind. Small, uncomfortable, musty smelling and if we wanted room service - it was "only" ten dollars extra. The one laundry facility had to support three units of apartments and the machines were not in good shape, which is understandable as they supported a few hundred residents/visitors. We had to take towels to the office to swap for clean ones and to get additional toilet tissue, etc. If we had been staying longer then a week (and had not had to pay in advance) we would have left.
Response by Extended Stay America - Washington D.C.- Fairfax - Fair Oaks
Richard - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that you were not offered a comfortable and fresh smelling room. I am personally working with the staff to improve our cleaning procedures and inspection policies moving forward to ensure that a situation like yours does not happen again. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.
Other trip Jun 25, 2013
"Close to shopping"
CONVENIENTLY LOCATED WITH EASY ACCESS TO I-66 SHOPPING MALL RIGHT BEHIND SUITES AND MOVIE THEATRE ONE BLOCK AWAY RESIDENTIAL AREA ROOMS DECENT AND FAIRLY QUIET. PARKING IS CROWDED. GETTING READY TO UPDATE SOME ROOMS
3 night business trip Jun 10, 2013