All hotels in Austin, Texas, United States of America
507 S. First St., Austin, TX, 78704, United States of America, ‏‎800-658-6760

Very nice staff but hotel was horrible
3 night business trip Jun 13, 2015
Cass
"Only smoking room offered, but I'm not a smoker"
Room automatically given for my stay was a smoking room, when they had tons of regular rooms available. I don't think i will use Hotels.com again in the future for this reason. I had to pay extra to get a non-smoking room, but was already at the hotel and was too tired to go look elsewhere. Seemed like a bait and switch if you ask me, i'm deleting you app from my phone.
Response by Extended Stay America Austin - Downtown - Town Lake
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. The situation you described is unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. In response to your feedback, I am reviewing your comments with our front desk staff and going over our check-in procedures. The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
1 night business trip Jun 1, 2015
"First Austin Trip"
Negatives: No ice machine but ice trays in freezer. Staff often away from the front desk. Staff discussed personal issues among themselves at the front desk which came across as a tad unprofessional. Positives: Great location. Easy walk downtown and to off-beat restaurants and shops on South Congress.
3 night business trip May 18, 2015
Great location.. walking distance to 6th st. and other areas we needed to go during our stay. Great rooms and friendly staff
2 night trip with friends May 22, 2015
Fernando
"Bad Wifi = Bad Hotel"
The front desk was not good. But the main complaint I have was the speed of the internet. The wifi there was absolutely unusable in it's slowness. I had to go to a cafe to get any work done. I won't be returning.
3 night business trip May 19, 2015
Alfonso
"Liked stay but room could be a little more quiet."
Overall room was good. Only downside was that it was not exactly sound proof. Some people came in very late at night and you could hear them talking loudly for some time. Made it difficult to sleep.
Response by Extended Stay America Austin - Downtown - Town Lake
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our hotel. However, I apologize for the noise issues you experienced. Moving forward, I will coach our staff to response to guest requests in a timely manner. Thank you again for sharing your comments with us. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.
3 night business trip May 19, 2015
James E
"Upgraded needed asap!"
Prime location! Please upgrade this hotel! It would be worth the expense.
Response by Extended Stay America Austin - Downtown - Town Lake
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. We appreciate you letting us know that our hotel’s appearance was not what you expected. We are sorry for this issue, but are glad to hear we provided you with a good location. In response to your feedback, we will share your comments with our corporate office. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
1 night romance trip May 19, 2015
Eddie
"Pleasant and I will be back"
Front Desk clerk was very helpful and nice. Grab and go breakfast was set up nicely. Very convenient to travel to some local Austin places, like south congress and downtown area. Food trucks were nearby. Very cool.
3 night business trip Apr 29, 2015
Krystal
"BUGS and stolen property!"
It started out bad and ended up worse. I checked in late in the evening, and upon going to my assigned room discovered a swarm of gnats or some other bug that was all over the top of the bed. I called down to the front desk agent to request a new room, which she quickly did. Next room was fine. I leave for the day the next morning and return again late in the evening. When I get to my room and try my card it does not work. So I go down to the front desk to get a new card, and upon telling the front desk agent my room number, he walks back to the office behind the front desk, and pulls out a garbage bag of all of my stuff thrown in it, with the exception of my bag and toiletries, which were all in the room when I left that morning. Apparently, the front desk agent the previous night never made the room switch in the system, so I was "checked out" of my room and it was assigned to another guest. Whoever cleaned my room emptied my travel bag and put my stuff in a garbage bag. It appears they helped themselves to a very nice bag, along with my toiletries. No one from the hotel called or contacted me after I left. I had to call myself, and am now waiting for the hotel to "do some investigating". It was an expensive bag that was a Christmas gift from my wife. I imagine this will not be an easy process to get reimbursed for my bag. I don't recommend this hotel at all.
Response by Extended Stay America Austin - Downtown - Town Lake
Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. The situation you described is unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. We take claims of missing belongings very seriously and will take appropriate actions following our investigation. I assure you we will be in contact to resolve the matter for you. In response to your feedback, I am working with each and every staff member to ensure accuracy in our system so that issues such as these will not occur in the future. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
2 night business trip May 6, 2015
Jonathan
"Very disappointing!!!"
This Hotel is very tired.....needs a LOT of attention.....no Housekeeping, very disappointed....Tissues are like cardboard!!! Will not be staying here again, pity because it's in a very good location.
Response by Extended Stay America Austin - Downtown - Town Lake
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. Please accept our apologies that we failed to inform you of our amenities at check-in. We provide housekeeping services to guests staying eight or more nights; however, these services are always available upon request for an additional fee. Moving forward, we will be sure to clearly communicate our amenities during guest arrivals. I also apologize for the appearance of our hotel. We will share your feedback with our corporate office. Thank you again for sharing your comments with us. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.
2 night business trip May 5, 2015
Veronique
"very disappointed in Hotel"
This Hotel is VERY tired!!!!! Kids running around in the passabe at 4am.......no room service...... everything is old and worn outt.......found long black hair s in Tub and Basin...The tissues felt like newspaper, they were so hard..........not a pleasant stay, will not be using that facility again.. The tissues in
Response by Extended Stay America Austin - Downtown - Town Lake
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize for the cleanliness issues you experienced. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have made our bathtubs and sinks a focus point for our housekeeping staff to ensure your experience is not repeated. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
2 night business trip May 5, 2015
Veronique
"no water"
stains in ceiling. Rather worn. Upon my arrival was told there would be no water after 9pm, and then would be shut off again the next morning very early. When I complained, I was told, "well, you wern't going to sleep in were you? There was no apology. There was no advance notice, though I had made my reservation over a week in advance. Poor treatment of customers.
1 night family trip Apr 8, 2015
"Great location, disgusting hotel"
the hotel was in a very convenient neighborhood however the room itself was disgusting, the trash cans were still filled from the last stay, the sheets were so wrinkled I couldn't let if they were washed or not, the hotel will only clean your room once per week and they never even showed up for my 6 night stay. When I was departing to the airport in the early morning the hotel said they would have a cab there in 10 minutes, a cab never showed and I ended up calling for my own.
6 night business trip Apr 27, 2015
"No clean towels"
No one cleaned our room, or told us there would not be maid service. So no clean towels.
2 night romance trip May 1, 2015
Utilitarian and good location
Response by Extended Stay America Austin - Downtown - Town Lake
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that our location and convenience were helpful during your visit. I am also thrilled that you found our hotel to be a good value. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
1 night business trip May 2, 2015
Stephen
"They do not take care of this hotel."
We had to move rooms twice because the restroom and a/c were down.
2 night business trip Apr 22, 2015
Ted
"Walk to Downtown Austin for half the price"
This was a long weekend with my wife with access to downtown Austin. It worked well. We got what we paid for. 10 minute safe walk to downtown. Decent neighborhood. Clean room. Extended stay means no daily maid service. Towals poor, breakfast is coffee, a breakfast bar, and an apple or orange to bring back to your room. No sitdown.Parking is free and worked well, except during the Music festival when things almost filled up.This is not luxury, but adequate for what we wanted to visit this wonderful city.
4 night romance trip Apr 18, 2015
terry
"Too many barking dogs!"
Great location, friendly staff, just very noisy. We could hear everything in the hallway and barking dogs!
1 night romance trip Apr 13, 2015
Renee
"Surprises in Stay"
Location great. No warning of no daily room maid service unless you stay 7 days. Mattress way too firm for my liking and bed was smack up against window
3 night family trip Apr 21, 2015
jerry
"Be careful in this hotel"
At first it was great then the manager randomly changed my room key and someone tried to come in our room in the middle of the night. I took my puppy and he has never been that scared in a hotel before. I have never felt uneasy in a hotel before i was not impressed.
Response by Extended Stay America Austin - Downtown - Town Lake
Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. I sincerely apologize that your stay with us was not comfortable. Please know that guest safety is our number one concern. To prevent this from happening again, I will be retraining our front desk staff on proper check-in procedures. I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
2 night trip with friends Apr 17, 2015
dianna
"Close to Auditorium Shores"
We were in town for the Raggae Festival and this hotel was super close.. We walked almost everywhere we went all weekend (except to 6th.. Little too far for that!) but overall the hotel was nice and quiet!
Response by Extended Stay America Austin - Downtown - Town Lake
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. It's great to hear that you had a pleasant, quiet stay with us and that our location was convenient for you. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
2 night romance trip Apr 17, 2015
"Great location!"
I was there for CityScapesScavengerHunt Run. The location was perfect! The staff were very friendly. Room was great.
2 night trip with friends Mar 27, 2015
Darlene
"weekend getaway"
We stayed at this location for a wedding and found it to be pretty nice overall. Decent location - a 5 minute cab ride to the other side of the river if you wanted to go downtown. The hotel clerk, Jonathan, did a great job of helping people check in a really busy Friday afternoon. They only complaint we would have is the breakfast - substandard coffee and only oatmeal or granola bars.
2 night romance trip Mar 27, 2015
Charlotte
"Hotel stay - Austin"
Room / facilities seemed worn and tired. The air conditioning was marginal at best -- not every sure it worked properly. Would not return.
Response by Extended Stay America Austin - Downtown - Town Lake
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am so disappointed that the air conditioner was not up to par. Please accept my apology. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have changed the AC unit in your room and will talk with our corporate office about a future renovation to make sure your experience is not repeated. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Other trip Apr 2, 2015
"Bugs and odor"
I was in town for a conference at the Hyatt Regency next door. This hotel was very close and conveniently located so picked it based on price and location. Overall I would suggest that anyone coming to the area splurge on something a little bit better if you can afford it. (1) The room smelled like wet-dog, Im completely serious when I say this, not an exageration. (2) I found a dead bug in my bed sheets on my final day. The hotel could use some remodeling and extermination. Some pros are staff was friendly and the location is very central but definitely a sub-par stay.
3 night business trip Mar 28, 2015
margarita
"Get Your Money's Worth Somewhere Else"
We came to Austin for a weekend getaway, stayed only one night. Other hotels across the river were more expensive, we were fine paying less to travel a little further to get to the bars and nightlife. We also expected the hotel to not be perfect. However, it's the little things that were neglected that made us wonder if there were bigger things that were. The trash cans were completely full from the previous customer (who apparently enjoyed wine with their Whataburger) and the bathtub had multiple strands of straight thick black hair which neither of us possess. It was enough to make me question whether they cleaned the sheets or the towels. There was only one night stand on one side of the bed and the carpet felt grimy under my feet. I recommend you pay a few extra dollars and stay somewhere else.
1 night romance trip Mar 28, 2015
Marlon
"Close to ACL-Moody Theater"
Excellant location, simple, not fancy. Clean.nice staff on check in/ check out.
Response by Extended Stay America Austin - Downtown - Town Lake
I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad that you were pleased with our great location, your clean room, and our friendly staff during your visit. I will be sure to share your comments with our staff. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Other trip Mar 29, 2015
TK
"Hard Mattress and Shower Mold"
Location was great for my needs but when I came into the room someone had left the AC on the lowest setting possible so the room was freezing. Everything looked clean however when I went to take a shower there was mold in the tile and tube grout and the shower head came off in my hand while I was trying to adjust the spray. Then when I finally got that mess cleaned up and was ready for bed the mattress was hard as a rock. I had to pile up a few shower towels and the extra blanket in the closet so I at least had so comfort between my spine and the rock. No fitness or spa either. For an extended stay place I wouldn't like to be there for an extended period of time.
Response by Extended Stay America Austin - Downtown - Town Lake
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. We appreciate you letting us know about the cleanliness and maintenance issues you experienced in your room. In response to your feedback, I will be making sure our staff closely inspects rooms prior to guest arrivals and promptly notifies our maintenance staff of any issues they might find so they can be quickly resolved. We are sorry for this issue, but are happy to read that we provided you with the perfect area for the weekend. Thank you again for sharing your comments with us. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.
Other trip Mar 25, 2015
USC Steve
Great Location, close to everything. Grab and go breakfast is just that, but the coffee is hot and fresh. You can walk to anywhere in the downtown district and many awesome eateries are close by. The staff was friendly and helpful even on the if not the busiest week of the year with SXSW. I would not hesitate to book there again, and may very well be back in the near future. They handled the crowds quite well and the entire staff was going out of their way to please the overflow crowd.
Response by Extended Stay America Austin - Downtown - Town Lake
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. We are so pleased to hear that you had a wonderful stay at our hotel and our location. I am glad to read that our staff provided you with excellent service, making your stay even more enjoyable. Thank you again for sharing your comments with us. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
Doug
"worth it"
Close enough to walk, but cheap enough to afford
1 night trip Mar 17, 2015
Luke
"Sxsw"
Great location!!! Walked everywhere!! The staff was great and friendly. I would definitely stay here again for an even in Austin.
Other trip Mar 22, 2015
aj
"Excellent for the price"
For a moderately priced hotel, the location and facility were great.
Other trip Mar 21, 2015
"Good price and close to conv center"
The place was good price and only about a 10 minute walk from convention center. Safe neighborhood, restaurants etc nearby. Clean but nothing fancy. Room looks like old holiday inn style. I'll be back because of the good price.
Response by Extended Stay America Austin - Downtown - Town Lake
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. I’m thrilled you found our hotel to be a good value and will be back again to visit. Thank you again for sharing your comments with us. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.
Other trip Mar 18, 2015
history lovers
"Not a great place, but I guess what you'd expect?"
Well, I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Not to sound like a snob, but I'm not used to staying in places like this so maybe I am being unfair (though I don't think I am given the price I paid for this dump). The main issues I had were that when I checked in there was nobody in reception so I had to wait about 10 minutes, when I walked into the room there was a very strong smell of Indian food and the bathtub was pretty filthy. On the plus size, the room was large and overall ok and the receptionist was nice once she showed up.
Response by Extended Stay America Austin - Downtown - Town Lake
Thank you for your recent review of your experience with us. I am so disappointed that you experienced cleanliness and service issues during your stay. Please accept my apology. To uphold our company’s high standards I will be meeting with our staff to highlight the importance of providing each guest with great customer service and a clean and comfortable room. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
1 night business trip Mar 10, 2015
Yotam
"SXSW"
Here for SXSWEdu conference. Room was clean and comfortable. Area was quiet.
Response by Extended Stay America Austin - Downtown - Town Lake
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm glad that you enjoyed our clean and quiet rooms. Thank you again for sharing your comments with us. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.
1 night business trip Mar 10, 2015
"Nice big room for an excellent price!"
Great and spacious
Response by Extended Stay America Austin - Downtown - Town Lake
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the space and cleanliness of our hotel. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.
1 night trip with friends Mar 7, 2015
I want a partial refund. Mold all in the shower, paper-thin walls, fire alarm went off in the middle of the night. I've stayed in better motels, seriously. And this is supposed to be a hotel.
Response by Extended Stay America Austin - Downtown - Town Lake
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that you had some issues with your stay. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am having the fire alarm inspected and will be inspecting all of our rooms to make sure this does not happen again. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Other trip Mar 7, 2015
"location good close to downtown and Univ of Texas"
very old facility clean but beds were very uncomfortable, linens horrible
Response by Extended Stay America Austin - Downtown - Town Lake
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that our mattresses and linens were unsatisfactory. To prevent this from happening again, my team is in the process of replacing the mattresses and linens. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Other trip Mar 7, 2015
Judy
"Not the best"
The location is not too bad, driving distance to downtown, but the hotel is outdated and not the cleanest. Also fire alarm went off in the middle of the night and ended up being a false alarm! Needless to say not the best experience
Response by Extended Stay America Austin - Downtown - Town Lake
Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. I sincerely apologize that the cleanliness was not up to your standard. To prevent this from happening again, my team is going through retraining on how to properly clean guest rooms to ensure a clean and comfortable stay. The fire alarm had a glitch in the system that was setting it off. It has since been repaired. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
1 night business trip Mar 3, 2015
"Inexpensive, reasonably centrally located"
Stayed here for a long weekend; I picked this particular location (just across the river from city center) because it's much less expensive than staying in hotels closer to the tourist/business zones. It's a cheap Uber ride from here to the city... it's actually also a fairly short walk, which I didn't initially realize. There isn't much to do close by - there's a burger restaurant, a bar and a frozen yogurt place within a block, and then it's a 15-20 minute walk to the city center itself. Amenities were what you'd expect in an ESA - it's not a luxury hotel, it's intended for people working remotely for a week or more at a time. Definitely nothing bad about it though.
2 night trip Feb 21, 2015
LEWIN
"Nice hotel for the price and location"
Hotel staff were fantastic - very accommodating and eager to please
Response by Extended Stay America Austin - Downtown - Town Lake
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm glad that your stay with us was comfortable and pleasant. Thank you again for sharing your comments with us. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.
Other trip Mar 3, 2015
"Clean, comfortable stay"
Friendly staff, large rooms & quite area. No soap/shampoo, changing service unless requested-- maybe that's common for "extended stay" hotels? But, I found it odd. We were only there for 2 nights. Close to downtown hotspots. It's directly across the street from the Palmer Event Center, which is why we picked it. Overall comfortable and safe.
2 night trip with friends Feb 27, 2015
"Great location - comfortable room."
The staff are very efficient and friendly. The elevator and lobby are a little shabby, but the room is clean and comfortable. I would stay there again.
1 night trip Feb 28, 2015
Brandy E
"Located near downtown."
Staff were great. The bed was not comfortable. The room was a nice size.
Response by Extended Stay America Austin - Downtown - Town Lake
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm glad that you found our staff to be welcoming! I’ll be sure to pass on the praise! Thank you again for sharing your comments with us. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
JRC
"Decent price; decent experience"
Decent price; decent experience; close to down town
1 night business trip Feb 24, 2015
"Basics not included"
Hotel staff were pleasant. Room did not come with cups, wifi was spotty, refrig was noisy, could hear other rooms, and their seemed to be linger odors in the hall and room. For the rate, it was a dive. I would expect this experience at a lower price point.
Response by Extended Stay America Austin - Downtown - Town Lake
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. Please accept our apologies that you did not receive a courtesy call asking if you would like any dishes delivered to your room free of charge. Moving forward we will be sure to clarify our dish delivery service when guests check-in. Still, we are thankful to know that you were happy with our staff. Thank you again for sharing your comments with us. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
A
It is a convenient hotel it has good location close to downtown and Second Districto, Convention Center.
Response by Extended Stay America Austin - Downtown - Town Lake
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed our location and found our hotel to be a good value. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Other trip Feb 28, 2015
"Not worth the money"
It was in a great location and the staff at the front desk were nice. Unfortunately, the bathroom wasn't clean. Shower was dirty and had hair in it. Hotel in general was rundown and could use some updating. For the price we paid, it wasn't worth it. We've stayed in much cheaper hotels that were nicer.
Response by Extended Stay America Austin - Downtown - Town Lake
Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. I sincerely apologize for the cleanliness issues experienced and that our amenities were not what you were expecting. I can assure you that my team will be inspecting arrival rooms daily to make sure each guest receives a clean room. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
1 night romance trip Feb 24, 2015
Alexa
"Close to everything but hotel needs upkeep."
I have more complaints then I have compliments. Sandpaper towels to a weak continental breakfast. The nice young man that worked the desk had no knowledge or recommendations of the area... but he could Google it for you.
Response by Extended Stay America Austin - Downtown - Town Lake
Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. I am so disappointed that your stay with us was unsatisfactory. Please accept my apology. I hope that the clerk was able to find the information that you were looking for during your stay. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Other trip Feb 25, 2015
Lo
"When all the real hotels are booked."
Old, dirty, room not fully cleaned, poor amenities, lame excuse for breakfast, funny smells in hallways. Not the worst place I've ever stayed, but its within range of it.
Response by Extended Stay America Austin - Downtown - Town Lake
Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. I am sorry that the amenities and our grab-and-go breakfast were not what you were expecting. Please accept my apology. I will be making sure all arrival rooms are inspected before check-in to prevent experiences similar to yours from happening again. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
Other trip Feb 25, 2015