All hotels in Brea, California, United States of America
3050 E Imperial Hwy, Brea, CA, 92821, United States of America, ‏‎800-658-6760

2.9
"just a place to sleep"
My back hurt from the bed. No Ice machine. Had to order cups and coffee pot.
1 night trip Oct 25, 2014
"OK"
Room was clean but outside it was very dirty. Dust bins are overloaded. I was expecting some breakfast... It was not there. At all
Response by Extended Stay America Orange County - Brea
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. The cleanliness issues in the common areas of our hotel you described are unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. I met with the staff, and we will keep the exterior of our hotel spotless to ensure that your experience is not repeated. Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
1 night business trip Oct 23, 2014
satyajit
"Dirty rooms"
Room was not cleaned
Response by Extended Stay America Orange County - Brea
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that your room was not cleaned properly. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I will review our cleanliness standards with our housekeeping staff to ensure that we are cleaning our rooms properly. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
2 night family trip Oct 10, 2014
"Business and Pleasure"
We have extended our stay and additional 5 nights because the cost is fair, room is clean, staff is helpful and nice. I have nothing bad to say about this hotel and wonder where some of the reviewers negative comments come from. Some people are not happy no matter what and need to down grade the hotel. The breakfast is not a breakfast, snacks and coffee is it. There is a 31 flavors shop a 3 min walk from your front door that has nice sandwiched and of course 12 flavors, not 31. We will be coming back through this area and have already booked for an additional 4 nights. Reading some of the reviews, I was worried but it is a nice place so come and enjoy....
Response by Extended Stay America Orange County - Brea
It is so rewarding to read that you had a great stay with us. We thank you for your comments. We are very pleased to know your room was clean and that our staff were helpful and nice throughout your stay. I am glad that our convenient location made your stay enjoyable. Thank you again for posting your review. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.
1 night trip Oct 11, 2014
Brian B
"Mold and Hair"
When I walked in there was pieces of black hair in the bathroom sink and bed stand. The bath tub has mold all over the edges.
Response by Extended Stay America Orange County - Brea
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. We appreciate the kind comments about our staff's friendliness; however, we apologize that your bathroom had cleanliness issues. I met with the staff, and we will coach housekeeping to clean rooms accordingly to our standard policy to ensure that your experience is not repeated. Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
heyphoenix
"nice place, okay service"
Loud barking dog (1am, 7am) next door was not fun. Called for a bowl since no dishes were in the room, but no one every brought it. No coffee available at the free breakfast when I went. Had to go back later.
Response by Extended Stay America Orange County - Brea
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. We appreciate the kind comments about your stay at our hotel; however, we apologize that my staff did not deliver you the bowl you requested, and that our coffee was not properly refilled during breakfast. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will certainly provide better service to our guests to make sure your experience is not repeated. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
1 night trip Oct 10, 2014
Pamela
"Bed bugs as roomies!"
There were two things that were in mt room that will keep me from coming back to this place: 1. Bed bugs 2. Crickets
Response by Extended Stay America Orange County - Brea
The feedback provided in your review is much appreciated. I am so disappointed that pests were found in your room. Please accept my sincere apology. In response to your feedback, I will contact our pest control company and ensure that all rooms are meticulously inspected to make sure your experience is not repeated. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.
1 night romance trip Oct 4, 2014
Elyse
"Never Again"
We arrived late after an evening out. The lobby was locked and I used the phone outside the door. It took forever, listening to a recorded message when at last someone answered. She was very pleasant, apologizing right and left. After registering, she informed us we were on the third floor and that the elevator was broken. Once up in our room, which was clean, it took us a half hour to get the Tv working. Most of the outlets did not work. We had to move a bed and a dresser to find 4 working outlets.Glad we only slept there. Couldn't leave soon enough.
Response by Extended Stay America Orange County - Brea
Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. I am glad to read your remarks about the room cleanliness at your arrival. However, I am very sorry that the check-in process after hours was inadequate and that the outlets and elevator were inoperative. I will coach our night staff to enhance their check-in skills. As well, our maintenance staff took care of the elevator and the outlets in the room you stayed in to ensure that these issues does not happen again in the future. Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
1 night trip with friends Sep 13, 2014
"Close to event I was attending"
My room was right in front of stairs so it was a little noisey.i feel, overall, it was adejuate for a one night stay.
Other trip Sep 14, 2014
"Short stay at Extended Stay"
Moldy bathroom tiles, long black hairs all over the tub and tub shower that was too short to keep floor dry, dirty sofa - couldn't even sit on it! Not even an ice machine for guests. The Columbian dark roast was good but they don't serve plain unflavored creamers. I survived the one night but never again will I stay at any hotel in this chain.
1 night trip Sep 9, 2014
Digna Cassens
"Terrible, terrible customer service"
I would never go back there. My air conditioner flooded part of room. My stove top only had one working burner. There was only one person working the front desk most of the time. Just awful.
5 night romance trip Aug 29, 2014
Very clean and pleasant.
1 night business trip Aug 29, 2014
l
"Gross!"
This place was gross. Mold in the showers, sticky stuff on the carpet, dirt on the countertops.
4 night trip Aug 25, 2014
"bid disappointment"
The only good thing was the location. Check in was very slow, grounds were filthy and room had noyhing in, not even a glass for water. Bathroom sink was a dribble at best. Very noisy neighbors, yelling in viatnamese until 11 at night. So much more to say but dont have the time. All I can say is don't stay here.
1 night trip Aug 19, 2014
"Not worth it"
Very basic. Black mold on white tile in bathroom. No coffee maker in room and lobby coffee is terrible. They have a coffee table that is too small for everyone funneling to get their morning coffee. Parking can be a problem if you come in late. The front desk closes at 11, I think and you have to wake some up to come check you in. My room key did not work when I came back late on my second night and office was dark. Bad feeling! Their system is not to clean rooms until you check out. All of this to save about $15 on the room rate is not really worth it.
2 night business trip Aug 14, 2014
"A hotel Close to BaskenRobins"
Good.
2 night trip Aug 9, 2014
We only stayed overnight one night. Checked in in the evening and left first thing in the morning.
Other trip Aug 12, 2014
Mama
Bathroom was tile was very dirty. Asked to changed room. They changed room for us. Changed room still had same problem. I can't recommend to anyone.
2 night business trip Aug 1, 2014
Mihi park
"Simple"
It is a simple set up but has everything you need for a comfortable stay.
Other trip Aug 9, 2014
California
"Close to Brea Mall"
No dishes. AC was not workining. Ants in bathroom even after purchase product to kill them they kept coming back. Room was not in good overall condition. Trash cans on stairway full.
Other trip Aug 9, 2014
JP
"Not a good option"
I wish I never return to this hotel. I had a non-cancellation booking for 12 days so I was forced to stay. I was in assumption that all Extended stays' will at least same.. Once in a week House keeping, they didn't take our trash even forget about dishes cleaning on house keeping day. Not a good kitchen utensils, worst beds, no comfortable comforters, no napkins even.no room service..
12 night business trip Jul 19, 2014
Jami
"this is the hotel to avoid"
I was so dissapointed this hotel, room are good size but amenity is very poor. towel are very low quality toilet had stain bath room had some ants moving around.. toilet paper was not enoght at time of check in so I have to go get it from front desk and tissue paper was alos empty as well, continental Breackfast is also bad coffee runs out other food too I will never come back to this hotel again.
3 night family trip Aug 1, 2014
Tsuchida
"The price was right but the location and room....."
The location is ways from the freeway but the only reason I stayed here is because of the price it was close to the conference I was attending the very next day. $80, you can't beat that! The room was clean but it really needs some updating. My room door wouldn't open when trying to use the key card and I couldn't make outgoing local calls. All in all I would recomend it if you're staying for one night.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
"Ok for one night. Dog hair on floor. No waste ba"
Just ok. Motel seemed very old on the outside. Inside was updated but not real clean. Towels had seen better days. The police were arresting some man on the morning that I checked out. No waste basket seemed odd. Two sets of drapes would be nice. The "black out" plastic coated drapes were closed with no light or when open, no privacy.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
"Worse ever hotel"
We were very unhappy with our stay. First off they put my husband brother and his wife in a room that was already occupied. The room they did get smelt like dog pee. Our room had a leak in the AC and the floor was soaked in water. The rooms were dirty.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
I booked this hotel because I was in town with my grandson for a wrestling camp and wanted a place where there was a kitchen, breakfast & laundry. The breakfast consisted of coffee, pre packaged muffins and granola bars. Please don't advertise breakfast....that is not at all what was available.
Other trip Jul 18, 2014
Kathi
"Rooms"
This is a really good location, the outside of hotel is nice and clean, the room are nice and clean, the only issue we had was bathroom sink and tub drained very slow and they were in process of taking all extended stay cups,plates and silverware out of the rooms and creating a house hold kit upon check in you ask for full or partial kit. i guess that help keep housekeeping to a minimal and insures clean plates and coffee cups, we only had one, but used drinking cup, only at the location (1) night. At location for concert at Honda center and shopping at Mall.
1 night trip Jul 9, 2014
Roy
"Will not return"
Their policy is to charge your credit card $100 even though we paid direct through Paypal. It takes 5 days to get credited back when you checkout. Will not stay at Extended Stay if that is their policy!
1 night trip Jun 30, 2014
Dianne
"Works fine for a short stay."
We checked in at 9pm and there was only one person working the front desk with 2 parties ahead of us. Angela was efficient and courteous despite the stressful situations she was dealing with. She also delivered sheets for the pull out instead of us having to wait in the lobby. The room was not the cleanest, the bedskirt had several stains. There was no shampoo or conditioner in the bathroom. But overall, this was fine for one night.
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
"Cigarette Smoke"
Only had on room left. It was a smoking room. Had to take it. Didn't seem like they tried masking the smell. But after calling they did come out and spray fabreeze.
1 night trip Jun 21, 2014
"Needs some updates, best bang for you buck"
I've stayed here several times. They do need to invest in some internal upgrades. The shower needs attention. Still a great deal and I would stay again.
5 night trip Jun 16, 2014
"Old and need of update"
The rooms are old, need update and bathrooms have mould starting to grow in the grout. Towel rack falling off and overall getting decrepit.
3 night trip with friends Jun 12, 2014
"A day away is all i wanted."
Booked it & should have read the reviews! Common problem, DIRTY & aging furniture! First thing I noticed was the dirty lobby behind the front desk:The employee's white door was black 12" around the door handle, dust build up on carpet edges. Checked in at 3pm & got 1st room. Went to eat came back at 4pm & found our carpet was wet when we took our shoes off, 2nd room had 3 or more dogs next door barking (Pet friendly hotel), 3rd room was below the same dog room, 4th room (the manager checked before i went in) wet carpet & wanted me to leave for 45mn to let it dry? Really?, 5th (final room at 5pm, Manager checked this one too) smaller (designed for handicapped?) than the first 4 & was DIRTY: window had hand smudges, wall had something brown drip down it, chair & end tables had white liquid drops, head board had crayon & marker on it, microwave had something all over the front of it, wall mounts on wall missing what ever was hanging there, A/C cover was broken, dresser & end tables had broken handles, all furniture & dishes were worn dents & dings & marks, toilet ran & had to shake the handle or open it to get it to stop, bathroom sink didn't drain (spent the whole time with water in it), I didn't complain about the 5th room until i left. I settled & and just wanted to start my 1 day get away that had all ready wasted time trying to get a room with out problems. Apparently they shampooed the carpets. Staff was apologetic & accommodating, but couldn't fix the problems.
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
We heard talking and dog barking in the next room for most of the night. Telephone had no dial tone so we checked the wall connection and the cord was taped into the plug. I used cell phone to call the front desk to check-out and mentioned the phone issue and they sent a maintenance man to the room within 20 minutes but we were getting ready to leave so we turned him away. Staff were good and we had a fast check-in.
Other trip Jun 7, 2014
"great location, dirty room"
Room looked like it had never been checked on. We arrived at 10 pm, light switch didn't work, had to fumble my way to the kitchen to turn on a light that worked. In the morning, discovered light bulb burned out, other lamp by door had a disconnected bulb, scotch tape on the walls behind the curtain (unsure why?), a penny, pen and popcorn on the floor, window lock broken, dirty refrigerator, bathroom smelled of urine and dog fur on the blanket (we had no pets). Had to go down to the lobby to get pots and pans to cook (inconvenient), then bathroom sink plugged up that morning. Crazy birds also start in chirping non stop from 2 am which can get old after 5 nights.
Other trip May 27, 2014
karin
"Bad customer service!!"
The front desk clerk was rude, and she was unprofessional.
1 night trip May 22, 2014
Maher
"Clean, tired"
Staff was great. Room was spotless. However the finish on the cabinets was de-laminating and the finish in the tub was damaged, peeling, nasty. Door handles do not work correctly. You think your key isn't working, but you have to pull up on the handle instead of pushing down.
Response by Extended Stay America Orange County - Brea
Don - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I'm glad that you enjoyed our great staff and your clean room during your visit. Still, I apologize that you were not pleased with the overall condition of our hotel. Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. I will be meeting with our maintenance staff to ensure this is properly addressed. Thank you again for your feedback. We hope to see you again in the future.
Other trip May 1, 2014
Don
While the hotel's location is convenient, some of the pillow cases were not clean. They have dirty spots.
2 night trip Apr 22, 2014
"Great Price"
Initially I was worried to stay in this hotel because of the price- you get what you pay for, but the room was very nice. It was small, but had everything I needed and was kept up to date. The room was actually much nicer than I thought it would be. Check in and Check out was easy and painless and the staff was kind.
1 night trip Apr 26, 2014
"Never again. Id rather pay more for better"
Asked for a non smoking room and received a smoking room with ashes on the counter. Immediately got a head ache from the smell. Customer service was horrible and the attendant was not knowledgeable about the procedures to take when a customer books through a third party
1 night trip Apr 12, 2014
brittany
"Outdated hotel"
The hotel room was not great. Needs lots of updating. I was not 100% satisfied, however the price was good. With a short visit and traveling on a budget and after shopping around we decided to stay. I would have been more pleased if there was room cleaning service every day. The room smelled everyday like someone was cooking fish next door. By the end of our stay I was so ready to leave. We had to go to the front desk everyday to ask for clean towels, no one asked if we needed anything. The outside of hotel looks nice but rooms are not very nice. I would not recommend to stay here for a long period of time.
Response by Extended Stay America Orange County - Brea
Lucy - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I apologize that the condition of your room did not meet your expectations. I will be meeting with our housekeeping staff to review our cleaning standards and procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated. As well, I am sorry to hear that our housekeeping services did not meet your expectations. Although we only offer housekeeping services to guests staying eight or more nights, please know that these services are always available upon request for an additional fee. Thank you again for you feedback. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience in the future.
Other trip Apr 15, 2014
Lucy
"Okay enough"
Not amazing but what can you expect near Disney on the cheap. Too a while to release the $100 credit card hold though which was a bit annoying.
1 night trip Mar 29, 2014
"Brea"
Hotel grab & go breakfast is very poor. The bathrooms really need updating and caulking is grabbing and somewhat missing
7 night trip Mar 10, 2014
"Never again!"
I love Hotels.com but my latest stay has me very unhappy! After booking, paying and thinking I was ready. NOPE! Upon my arrival the guy behind the counter was rude, disrespectful and demanded an additional $100.00 as a deposit. He demanded it be on a credit card and explained that it would be refunded within 7-10 business days.
1 night trip Mar 15, 2014
"Not recommend"
Horrible night, no sleep, people arguing and lots of noise. No one available at night to complain to. I don't recommend this place.
2 night trip Feb 21, 2014
"Its a pretty decent place"
It was a decent place. The location was great because it was close to a lot of malls and shopping centers and other fun things. When we first entered the room though, there were some things that weren't as clean as I would've liked them to be (including the shower and the dishes), but otherwise it was ok. The front desk staff was nice and if we needed extra supplies, they gave them to us, no questions asked. If you're looking for a room that you're just going to sleep in when you're done having fun, then its a pretty decent place. If you're planning to stay in there for more than a day or two, at least make sure things are clean first.
2 night romance trip Feb 14, 2014
Crystina
"1 Night Max"
If you need a place to stay for 1 night really quick, this was fine. Really old feeling inside. Felt like a run down apartment. No amenities in the room. Had to go back to the front desk to get soap, shampoo, etc. Would not recommend.
Response by Extended Stay America Orange County - Brea
Brett - Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I’m disappointed to learn that you were not completely satisfied with your stay at our hotel. Please know, while we do not offer toiletries in our guest rooms, we do have an amenity basket available at the front desk for guests to enjoy upon request. As well, we are happy to exchange dirty towels for clean ones at the front desk. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience in the future.
Other trip Feb 15, 2014
Brett
"the bed was terrible not comforting"
never again stayed 1 night and checked out bad experience
Other trip Feb 13, 2014
not picky
"Easy to check-in"
Very comfortable and affordable to stay. The price was very good.
Response by Extended Stay America Orange County - Brea
Bryan - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the service our staff provided. Again, thank you for the comments. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.
Other trip Feb 10, 2014
Bryan
"You don't even get what you pay for"
I was unaware that after I already paid for my room that there would be a $100 fee for incidentals and so I had to run to the bank to deposit that amount because the hotel doesn't take cash deposits. After I finally checked in then they inform me if there were no damages I would get my money back via mail which I've never heard of. Once I got to my room I found out all the dishes for the kitchen were not washed and it was obvious the room hadn't been tended to in a few days. The bathroom was dirty as well as the shower/ bathtub. You have to pay a fee for housekeeping and that's after a few nights stay. On top of that you have to go to the front desk for any amenities including extra towels and dish liquid. I only found all that out after reading a little card in the bathroom, the front desk did not inform me upon check in. In other words I will not ever stay at this hotel or any other from this chain.
1 night trip Feb 5, 2014