All hotels in Farmington Hills, Michigan, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here37555 Hills Tech Dr, Farmington Hills, MI, 48331, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"All but the freeway!"
The hotel, the room, the breakfast, and the overall service were all first class. I had a room on the freeway side, and the road noise was troubling all night....making a good night's rest very difficult.
3 night business trip Jun 1, 2015
ROBERT
"Great Suite-style hotel"
Three night business trip. Hotel is across from a large tech park in a suburb of Detroit, so there is not much around the hotel. The room comfort was based upon a motion detector thermostat that shut down the thermostat (a/c) if you didn't move every 15 minutes; the first night was hot because the air kept shutting off. Free continental breakfast and heavy snacks/light dinner, i.e. meatballs, chili, chicken sandwiches, M-W evening. Very clean overall and fine service.
3 night business trip May 17, 2015
"GREAT STAY"
GREAT PLACE TO STAY WHEN I COME HOME. A PLACE WERE THEY STILL KNOW MY NAME.
3 night family trip Apr 16, 2015
CALVIN
"Nice stay but noisy on the highway side"
If your room is by the highway it's pretty noisy. Very nice stay overall though.
2 night business trip Mar 10, 2015
Deidre
"Awesome"
Our stay was fantastic. The room was comfortable and allowed us to live in a small apartment like setting for the duration. Complementary breakfast was good and dinner was available on 2 of our nights but we surpassed that.
5 night family trip Mar 6, 2015
Ashlee
"Awesome Hotel and Reasonably Price"
Went here for Valentines Day. Stayed from Saturday to Monday for a little less than $200 altogether. Had to pay a room deposit of $150 upon arrival, which is to be expected with most hotels now days. The deposit was put back into my account though maybe 2 days after we checked out. The room was very nice with a kitchen, nice sized queen bed, and decent sized bathroom. The location of the area was awesome as well. Overall I had a really good stay and the staff were very happy and helpful. Will definitely stay again and recommend to others.
Other trip Feb 21, 2015
Jay
"Affordable, clean hotel"
This was a weekend trip with family. The room service doesn't clean the rooms unless you tell them explicitly. We had to ask at the front-desk for towels. The room was very nice, and the bed was very comfortable. Parking can get a little crazy and we had to drive around the facility to find a parking spot, and in the Michigan winter can turn out to be quite a pain. I would recommend this hotel.
2 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
"Great experience, good rooms."
I stayed here for about a week as I was moving to the Detroit area and needed to find an apartment I could move into. I had my two cats with me, and they were very accommodating for them. It was no 5 star hotel, but I was on a budget, and it was clean, comfortable, and absolutely nothing to complain about. I would have easily stayed there another week if I still had nowhere to live, but it's cheaper to rent an apartment, for sure! It's right next to the freeway, but was not at all noisy from the traffic. I hardly knew it was there! The hotel staff is great, breakfast is one of the best I've ever had at a hotel. Wifi is great, room was very clean and well equipped with a small kitchenette.
Other trip Jan 24, 2015
Zac
"Great Service"
This is the only hotel I stay when I am visiting my client. It is conveniently directly across the street. The hotel staff person (Laura) was extremely helpful in assisting me. Hotels.com had double booked my room due to some problem with their server. She worked to get it corrected but was unable. Hotels.com contacted her a few days later and she was able to get my credit.
1 night business trip Jan 11, 2015
Eula
"I won't be back!!!!!!"
The beds are small for a queen and very hard. I woke up sore. The air kept going on and off all night. The food wasn't so great. But staff were pretty nice. I won't be back. Its way off in the back with nothing by it.
Response by Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Detroit Farmington Hills
Thank you for your comments. I am sorry that your stay was not all you had expected. We will take your comments into account and hopefully you will give us another oppurtunity to meet your needs in the future
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
"Beyond Great!"
From the time I stepped into the lobby, I was completely blown way. I usually take disinfectant with me to hotels, but this was totally different. I felt as if I didn't need it at all. The guest services were beyond extraordinary. They smiled, laughed, and were great at helping to get my last minute reservation completed. Absolutely wonderful the entire time. Even at check out.
Response by Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Detroit Farmington Hills
Thank you so much for your comments. We take pride in our hotel and do our very best to exceed our guests expectations
1 night trip Dec 31, 2014
"Awesome"
Ok this place rocks the staff is awesome the general manger is totally awesome and they have HDTV yes real HDTV the property is emaculent the staff is great. The rooms are modern and comfortable unlike the Southfield property the appliances where clean and usable, the room was modern and emaculent with utensils to cook with. The corporation should take note of this location to evaluate other locations. This is my business go to from now on. I don't have enough space to continue my praise of this hotel but I can say it's a no brainier before it's remodel it may have been older but the staff could not have been different which is awesome. Cudos you hit the mark your franchisee should be commended.
2 night business trip Dec 5, 2014
Duane
"Overnight Stay"
I was in the area from out of state for a family Thanksgiving dinner. I was not in the hotel long. But two items occurred to me when I was there. The first is that there is residual noise from the expressway. Not a problem for me but may be for others. The second is that the refrigerator is definitely noisy. Once it shut off the lack of noise was evident. So someone might want to consider another brand or some way to dampen noise.
1 night family trip Nov 27, 2014
Laurence
"good"
It is very good experience to stay here.The room is clean and very big. We can cooke in the suite room. It is fine to me.
"Nice, clean, safe suite!!! Very helpful front desk"
The room was so very clean!!! Very nice fixtures and appliances! The front desk was so accomadating and respected my requests. I had a very quiet room. The only thing I can't figure out had to do with the bed. First, I could only get one bed and second there was no lamp or nightstand on one side of bed!! all in all, very nice stay!!
Other trip Sep 15, 2014
"Overall, nice place"
Only complaints were: 1) two lights in the room were out 2) bed made a lot of "crunchy" and "crinkle" noises with every slight movement 3) breakfast was just so-so. Other than that, had great service, friendly staff, clean rooms, nice set up to the room/suite and was perfect for the night we needed it.
1 night trip Sep 6, 2014
Shelly
"Great stay!!"
Rooms were really comfortable!! The bathroom is large with a nice shower and good water pressure. Each room has its own kitchen with a large fridge. The bed was very comfortable and I easily slept the two nights I was there because it was also very quiet. It is not very convenient as far as walking to places although I walked to a Panera that was only a 5 minute walk away. But if you have a car you will be comfortable there. I would definitely stay again!
2 night business trip Sep 4, 2014
"Great value- I'll be back"
The staff felt more like family; very comfortable and welcoming. I'll be back. Convenient to highways. Many meal choices just a block away.
3 night trip Aug 16, 2014
"Not too bad of a hotel."
Our room smelled very smokey and it was a non smoking room (I think all of the rooms are). Overall it was an OK stay.
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
"Great Value"
It was a very good value. Everything was satisfactory. The staff was very friendly. No Complaints
1 night business trip Jun 3, 2014
"Good Hotel - Lots of noise on highway side"
The hotel is a perfect location for the business that I have to visit. I have requested non-expressway side on each of my visits. My request has been honored once out of the 4 times I have visited. The expressway side is very loud. Other than that, the hotel is clean, comfortable, and convenient.
1 night business trip May 27, 2014
"wouldn't stay there again"
First room was heavy with the smell of smoke. the second room was heavy with the smell of curry. We were so tired that we said we'd take it. The curry smell was with us the whole time - glad we weren't in the room much. Only one bedside table and light - not so good for a couple who reads before going to bed. No maid service on Monday, May 26 because of Memorial Day. The breakfast was good, hot and substantial.
2 night trip May 25, 2014
"A smelly week"
The hotel seemed okay until I got to the third floor where I'd be spending my week. It smelled like a horrible cook destroyed their favorite fish dish a few years back, and nobody bothered to air the place out. I had the windows open in my room all week and still couldn't get rid of the smell. I won't be going back.
5 night business trip May 19, 2014
"love the updates"
We stayed at this hotel for a number of years before they were remodeled, and were always happy. The redo has made it even better, with an added free breakfast. We will definitely be staying here again.
3 night trip May 16, 2014
"Getaway"
Stay way enjoyable. Bathroom toilet was dirty. Good thing I brought my disinfectant wipes. Never go to a hotel without it.
1 night trip Feb 16, 2014
"Nice but a little bit out of the way"
Very nice hotel for the price, if you don't mind driving a bit to get to restaurants or shopping. IT is a like a home away from home. They provide you with most of the comforts of home, like kitchen, utensils, etc.
Other trip Feb 17, 2014
"Close to local business and store for grocery shop"
Convenient. Nice rooms.
1 night business trip Jan 27, 2014
"quiet getaway"
very nice room..just like a apartment....unfortunately I had to call down to the front desk several times for cooking items missing from the room...all n all a good stay :)
2 night romance trip Jan 20, 2014
mia
"The renovations paid off!"
I had no previous experience with this hotel save for reading about the hotel prior to the renovations. All I can say about it now is that the place is extremely clean, amenities are excellent, and an overall terrific value especially considering it is an extended stay hotel. The staff was amazing.
Other trip Dec 31, 2013
Kenny
Comfortable stay Great breakfast. I checked out s week ago. The hotel still haven't refunded my $150 deposit.
Other trip Dec 29, 2013
Sue
"Great stay!!!"
We stayed for three night. It was very well priced. The room was clean and bed was very confortable. The breakfast was enough to satisfy. The hallways do smell a bit funky from others cooking, but not sure how the hotel can fix that problem since rooms come equipped with a kitchen. Overall it was a pleasant stay for us and our puppy.
Other trip Dec 27, 2013
Love this place. Staff is friendly an very close to highway an the mall.
1 night trip Dec 21, 2013
Sasha
We were going through a very stressful move out of State and found a very curtious and friendly staff at the Hotel made our transition from packing up our home and having a retreat away from the cllutter a very satisfing solution . Location was excellent to the area we moving from and all necessary business where we could complete our move.
3 night trip Nov 9, 2013
Jane
"It's cold"
I stayed at room 216 on Nov 11-12, 2013. The room was so cold and it iwas so difficulties to stay in the room. Finally I found the problem - there is either leak or not well sealed under neath the air conditioning. The sub-zero temperature with strong wind came into the room. Brought the front desk guy to the room to see the problem. But he could not do anyting until next day. I have to use all I can find in the room try to seal around and underneath the air conditioning. It was the day with snow and sub zero temperature. The hall is much more comfortable than my room.
2 night business trip Nov 11, 2013
"Good Hotel"
The hotel is newly renovated. Very attractive inside and out. The rooms have a full kitchen, full fridge, stove, nice neat, and clean bedding. There's a Kroger just around the corner in case you want to do some shopping.
1 night business trip Nov 10, 2013
"pleasantly surprised"
I didn't realize the rooms were mini suites- very nice!! I didn't utilize the appliances but it's good to know to get such a deal on a really decent room. There was no housekeeping and no refill for the coffeemaker. Overall a pleasant stay at a great price. Wish there were drapes to close at night tho. Felt a bit exposed.
2 night business trip Nov 8, 2013
andrea
Put coffee makers in the room if you want me back.
1 night trip Oct 21, 2013
Mark Caston
"Way To Far"
The room was really nice, but we paid for a hotel with continental breakfast and due to construction all they had to offer was muffins and old juice. When I stated that the juice was old, I was told, by the worker, that it was not because it was just delivered. She never once took the time to look at the fact that it had begun to turn colors or that it was separating at the bottom. I will never visit this hotel again!
1 night romance trip Oct 19, 2013
Mrs. Mills
"personal get away"
The location was being renovated no continental breakfast was offered just muffins juice and health bar. front house staff was not very helpful.
3 night trip Sep 27, 2013
Dee
"Nice kitchenette and comfortable beds"
They are under construction so the lobby was closed. Sept. 2013
1 night trip Sep 21, 2013
Merry Traveler
"Never again"
Front lobby under construction. Late-night check-in conducted in a cramped room by a clerk on her first night alone. One set of customers was ahead of us--and it took her 30 minutes (and 2 phone calls) to figure out their reservation. When I checked in, the clerk forgot to get us to sign some documents--and came to our room 10 minutes after check-in just as we were beginning to fall asleep.
Response by Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Detroit Farmington Hills
I am so sorry for your less than enjoyable experience. We do strive for 100% guest satisfaction. The hotel is undergoing construction and unfortunately we have had to make some adjustments to our process. However, that does not excuse the clerk coming to your room. This will be addressed and please accept my apologies. Thank you
Other trip Aug 18, 2013
"Not bad"
A pretty nice room, but this hotel is right next to the expressway . My room was on the expressway side of the hotel. The traffic noise was so loud that I couldn't sleep.
Response by Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Detroit Farmington Hills
I apologize that you were given a room by the highway. We try to accomodate all guest requests, however it is not always possible. Hopefully you will return soon and see all of the updates that the hotel is doing. Including a brand new complimentary breakfst buffet and all new rooms with a new fresh look to them.
1 night romance trip Jun 2, 2013
"Ok...could be better"
Overall good experience but I expected at least limited daily service to be provided.
Response by Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Detroit Farmington Hills
The hotel does provide daily housekeeping on a daily basis Monday-Friday. The weekends is by request. If you were in fact here during the week and did not receive our light touch service I do apologize.
Other trip Jun 2, 2013
"Pleased"
Was adequate for the night. Not much of a "suite" but comfy, clean and fairly cheap. Continental breakfast left something to be desired, yet No complaints
Response by Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Detroit Farmington Hills
Our Continental breakfast at this time is temporary until our renovations are complete. Once they are completed the hotel wil have a full hot breakfast available every morning.
1 night trip May 26, 2013
Caesar
"Better than a rating of 2"
Could not find a room available anywhere; will not stay in anything less than a 3 star. As a last possibility we checked this one out. What a surprise!! I was ready to sleep in the car if necessary and here was a room that was fine for us. Front desk staff was one of the best I've had wait on me in a long time. She answered all of my questions honestly (re bugs, noise,problems), allowed me to ck out the room, met all of my requests (ie ground floor near an exit). The room was spotlessly clean(no bugs, I checked) There was a full kitchen (didn't use but for a longer stay would be great), lots of closets, living room, bedroom and bath. Two TV's, great mattress and pillows; couldn't ask for more. It was about 3 miles from the mall, restaurants, etc. I'm not sure why this place got a rating of 2 but I would give a 3++.
2 night trip May 17, 2013
"Great, quiet place"
We love this place every year, and now there are supposed to be some great new updates coming later this year! Very quiet during our stay and the staff was helpful and friendly! We even got remembered from last years stay!
4 night trip May 16, 2013
"I loved it!!"
we loved it overall...and thanks you to the manager for finding room for our 18 Wheeler truck..your the best.! Thanks you again..
2 night romance trip May 18, 2013
"Great for a long stay"
This suite had a stove-top, pots, pans, dishes, silverware, a microwave and a full refrigerator. We could have stayed a week! A good sized room, nice comfortable bed, large bathroom. The only complaint I have is there were not many channels on the TV.
1 night trip Apr 20, 2013
Kristy
"Affordable Conveniences of Home"
I have been staying in hotels around the area for the last three months on business. This is the best value for the amentities. The condition is good, clean and well maintained. There is a small kitchen that is well equipped. People need to realize that this is an extended stay type hotel where you don't always get daily service. I stayed there for about 10 days and at least every second day it had some maid service. Also realize that you can always get clean towels at the desk. There is a decent exercise machine and a laundry area with about 6 washers and dryers.
5 night business trip Apr 24, 2013
HappyBusinessTraveler
"Great value!"
Great value. room was neat and tidy. Quality "business traveler" hotel. Very convenient location. Good solid hotel that I would recommend to anyone!
2 night trip Apr 12, 2013