All hotels in Farmington Hills, Michigan, United States of America
37555 Hills Tech DrFarmington HillsMI48331United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Clean
    Comfortable
    Bad amenities
    Food is not good
"Good Hotel"
Good hotel. Conveniently located to my client
1 night business trip Feb 4, 2016
Eula
"Wyndham Vindaloo (and other misadventures)"
Definitely not worth the price, even if it was a deal for the night. Room reeked of curry, temperature was set somewhere between "The Devil's Rec Room" and "Surface of the Sun" when we got in, and cleaning supplies were strewn out on the floor beneath the kitchenette sink when we arrived. All of this was after standing at check-in for half an hour while the guy behind the desk huffed, puffed, and complained his way through the issue he was having getting payment from this site. For the record, we booked in advance and paid in full online an hour or two earlier that night. They had my confirmation of payment and my name in their system, just not their payment from this site (which was acting as a third-party.) Why not take care of the customer and then try to get the payment? Do you really need to call your boss, the automated help line, and your local priest before you get me on my way? Do I really need to stand there while you storm around the front desk because we booked "after audit" even though I'm the one who dropped a hundred bucks on the literal Tandoori-Hades that I was privy to inside that room? Needless to say, we barely slept that night and checked out as soon as we could the following morning. It's a shame, as I pass this hotel quite often and I hoped it would be a relaxing Valentine's Day getaway. Apparently not.
1 night romance trip Feb 13, 2016
"Beware of dogs and food odors"
Room has a kitchenette and smelled significantly of curry. Tried spraying air freshener but that didn't really help much. My husband also thought the hallway smelled of dogs. I didn't really notice that however they do seem to allow pets as I noticed a few travellers with them.
1 night trip with friends Feb 6, 2016
Jerri
"Very disappointing; would not stay again"
Employee at check-in had no people skills. We asked for a room away from the freeway and were told there weren't any, yet the hotel didn't appear close to full. We had to change rooms because the first room looked as if it had not been cleaned properly: used soap in the bathtub, no new toiletries and a messy bed. Very little housekeeping service, okay, it was a holiday weekend, but they don't service the rooms on weekends anyway. They didn't seem to know how to make a bed properly. They kept running out of breakfast items and there was very little seating in the breakfast area.
1 night family trip Nov 28, 2015
Janet
"Consistent"
Always consistent. Always avoid highway side
1 night business trip Oct 29, 2015
Eula
Good stay but the bed was hard.
1 night romance trip Oct 10, 2015
cassell
Everything was good. I just wished it had a pool.
3 night business trip Sep 14, 2015
Very noisy rooms, you feel like you are sleeping on the foot path of the freeway. Continuous road rumbling noise can be heard in the rooms
1 night business trip Aug 30, 2015
Amarnath
"Pleased"
Very please and everything was neat.
1 night romance trip Aug 15, 2015
LaShawnda
"Great value, comfortable and roomy."
In town for work, and went off of recent reviews to select this hotel. I wasn't disappointed, even though I didn't stay in my room much. Breakfast bar was solid. They offered dinner too, but we went out to eat. Not exactly centrally located, but not a problem.
Other trip Aug 21, 2015
Ryan
Definitely recommend this hotel for anyone, safe area for single traveler.
1 night business trip Aug 17, 2015
"Larger room. Like the kitchenette."
Clean and comfortable. Had full fridge and dishwasher. Staff was friendly.
Other trip Aug 17, 2015
"Much better experience this time around"
I have stayed at this hotel in the past and had a very unpleasant experience. I decided to give the Hawthorne another shot and was pleasantly surprised. The hotel looked clean smelled nice the staff was available and very professional. I should say the room was clean upon arrival. The staff did not attempt to clean my room (I did have a note stating did not want to disturb belongings not sure what that meant my bed did not get made) I would definitely give this hotel another shot and stay here again if in the Novi area.
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
michelle
"No complaints"
Very pleasant stay. Nice décor in room.
1 night family trip Jul 3, 2015
"All but the freeway!"
The hotel, the room, the breakfast, and the overall service were all first class. I had a room on the freeway side, and the road noise was troubling all night....making a good night's rest very difficult.
3 night business trip Jun 1, 2015
ROBERT
"Great Suite-style hotel"
Three night business trip. Hotel is across from a large tech park in a suburb of Detroit, so there is not much around the hotel. The room comfort was based upon a motion detector thermostat that shut down the thermostat (a/c) if you didn't move every 15 minutes; the first night was hot because the air kept shutting off. Free continental breakfast and heavy snacks/light dinner, i.e. meatballs, chili, chicken sandwiches, M-W evening. Very clean overall and fine service.
3 night business trip May 17, 2015
"GREAT STAY"
GREAT PLACE TO STAY WHEN I COME HOME. A PLACE WERE THEY STILL KNOW MY NAME.
3 night family trip Apr 16, 2015
CALVIN
"Nice stay but noisy on the highway side"
If your room is by the highway it's pretty noisy. Very nice stay overall though.
2 night business trip Mar 10, 2015
Deidre
"Awesome"
Our stay was fantastic. The room was comfortable and allowed us to live in a small apartment like setting for the duration. Complementary breakfast was good and dinner was available on 2 of our nights but we surpassed that.
5 night family trip Mar 6, 2015
Ashlee
"Awesome Hotel and Reasonably Price"
Went here for Valentines Day. Stayed from Saturday to Monday for a little less than $200 altogether. Had to pay a room deposit of $150 upon arrival, which is to be expected with most hotels now days. The deposit was put back into my account though maybe 2 days after we checked out. The room was very nice with a kitchen, nice sized queen bed, and decent sized bathroom. The location of the area was awesome as well. Overall I had a really good stay and the staff were very happy and helpful. Will definitely stay again and recommend to others.
Other trip Feb 21, 2015
Jay
"Affordable, clean hotel"
This was a weekend trip with family. The room service doesn't clean the rooms unless you tell them explicitly. We had to ask at the front-desk for towels. The room was very nice, and the bed was very comfortable. Parking can get a little crazy and we had to drive around the facility to find a parking spot, and in the Michigan winter can turn out to be quite a pain. I would recommend this hotel.
2 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
"Great experience, good rooms."
I stayed here for about a week as I was moving to the Detroit area and needed to find an apartment I could move into. I had my two cats with me, and they were very accommodating for them. It was no 5 star hotel, but I was on a budget, and it was clean, comfortable, and absolutely nothing to complain about. I would have easily stayed there another week if I still had nowhere to live, but it's cheaper to rent an apartment, for sure! It's right next to the freeway, but was not at all noisy from the traffic. I hardly knew it was there! The hotel staff is great, breakfast is one of the best I've ever had at a hotel. Wifi is great, room was very clean and well equipped with a small kitchenette.
Other trip Jan 24, 2015
Zac
"Great Service"
This is the only hotel I stay when I am visiting my client. It is conveniently directly across the street. The hotel staff person (Laura) was extremely helpful in assisting me. Hotels.com had double booked my room due to some problem with their server. She worked to get it corrected but was unable. Hotels.com contacted her a few days later and she was able to get my credit.
1 night business trip Jan 11, 2015
"I won't be back!!!!!!"
The beds are small for a queen and very hard. I woke up sore. The air kept going on and off all night. The food wasn't so great. But staff were pretty nice. I won't be back. Its way off in the back with nothing by it.
Response by Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Detroit Farmington Hills
Thank you for your comments. I am sorry that your stay was not all you had expected. We will take your comments into account and hopefully you will give us another oppurtunity to meet your needs in the future
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
"Beyond Great!"
From the time I stepped into the lobby, I was completely blown way. I usually take disinfectant with me to hotels, but this was totally different. I felt as if I didn't need it at all. The guest services were beyond extraordinary. They smiled, laughed, and were great at helping to get my last minute reservation completed. Absolutely wonderful the entire time. Even at check out.
Response by Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Detroit Farmington Hills
Thank you so much for your comments. We take pride in our hotel and do our very best to exceed our guests expectations
1 night trip Dec 31, 2014
"Awesome"
Ok this place rocks the staff is awesome the general manger is totally awesome and they have HDTV yes real HDTV the property is emaculent the staff is great. The rooms are modern and comfortable unlike the Southfield property the appliances where clean and usable, the room was modern and emaculent with utensils to cook with. The corporation should take note of this location to evaluate other locations. This is my business go to from now on. I don't have enough space to continue my praise of this hotel but I can say it's a no brainier before it's remodel it may have been older but the staff could not have been different which is awesome. Cudos you hit the mark your franchisee should be commended.
2 night business trip Dec 5, 2014
Duane
"Overnight Stay"
I was in the area from out of state for a family Thanksgiving dinner. I was not in the hotel long. But two items occurred to me when I was there. The first is that there is residual noise from the expressway. Not a problem for me but may be for others. The second is that the refrigerator is definitely noisy. Once it shut off the lack of noise was evident. So someone might want to consider another brand or some way to dampen noise.
1 night family trip Nov 27, 2014
Laurence
"good"
It is very good experience to stay here.The room is clean and very big. We can cooke in the suite room. It is fine to me.
"WATCH YOUR VEHICLE HERE!!!"
When i arrived a company was there to clean the air conditioners/heaters in each room. Once the man had completed my cleaning the smelled as if donuts were being fried every time i entered the room, i had to open the window. Good thing about the Hotel the breakfast was good and on Wednesday they provided the guest with dinner which was nice. The worst thing that happened to me on Thursday (check out day). My hotel phone rang about 8:40 am -I thought to myself who is calling me here, it was the front desk calling to inform me that there had been an incident with my vehicle in the parking lot and the police were down in the lobby. I asked if someone had hit my car? The clerk informed me that someone had STOLEN ONE TIRE OFF MY CAR, needless to say I was LIVID!! I rushed down to the lobby to greet the police and they walked outside with me to file a police report and I noticed there was another car in the parking lot SITTING ON BRICKS - yes ALL 4 TIRES WERE STRIPPED OFF ANOTHER VEHICLE. Back to my vehicle, the thugs attempted to steal all of my tires as well due to all of my lug nuts were on the ground next to each tire.. I had to file a claim with my insurance company and i also had to buy a new Rim and Tire which cost me $1300.. NOT HAPPY!!!
2 night romance trip Oct 21, 2014
Fernessa
"Nice, clean, safe suite!!! Very helpful front desk"
The room was so very clean!!! Very nice fixtures and appliances! The front desk was so accomadating and respected my requests. I had a very quiet room. The only thing I can't figure out had to do with the bed. First, I could only get one bed and second there was no lamp or nightstand on one side of bed!! all in all, very nice stay!!
Other trip Sep 15, 2014
"Overall, nice place"
Only complaints were: 1) two lights in the room were out 2) bed made a lot of "crunchy" and "crinkle" noises with every slight movement 3) breakfast was just so-so. Other than that, had great service, friendly staff, clean rooms, nice set up to the room/suite and was perfect for the night we needed it.
1 night trip Sep 6, 2014
Shelly
"Great stay!!"
Rooms were really comfortable!! The bathroom is large with a nice shower and good water pressure. Each room has its own kitchen with a large fridge. The bed was very comfortable and I easily slept the two nights I was there because it was also very quiet. It is not very convenient as far as walking to places although I walked to a Panera that was only a 5 minute walk away. But if you have a car you will be comfortable there. I would definitely stay again!
2 night business trip Sep 4, 2014
"Great value- I'll be back"
The staff felt more like family; very comfortable and welcoming. I'll be back. Convenient to highways. Many meal choices just a block away.
3 night trip Aug 16, 2014
"Not too bad of a hotel."
Our room smelled very smokey and it was a non smoking room (I think all of the rooms are). Overall it was an OK stay.
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
"Great Value"
It was a very good value. Everything was satisfactory. The staff was very friendly. No Complaints
1 night business trip Jun 3, 2014
"Good Hotel - Lots of noise on highway side"
The hotel is a perfect location for the business that I have to visit. I have requested non-expressway side on each of my visits. My request has been honored once out of the 4 times I have visited. The expressway side is very loud. Other than that, the hotel is clean, comfortable, and convenient.
1 night business trip May 27, 2014
"wouldn't stay there again"
First room was heavy with the smell of smoke. the second room was heavy with the smell of curry. We were so tired that we said we'd take it. The curry smell was with us the whole time - glad we weren't in the room much. Only one bedside table and light - not so good for a couple who reads before going to bed. No maid service on Monday, May 26 because of Memorial Day. The breakfast was good, hot and substantial.
2 night trip May 25, 2014
"A smelly week"
The hotel seemed okay until I got to the third floor where I'd be spending my week. It smelled like a horrible cook destroyed their favorite fish dish a few years back, and nobody bothered to air the place out. I had the windows open in my room all week and still couldn't get rid of the smell. I won't be going back.
5 night business trip May 19, 2014
"love the updates"
We stayed at this hotel for a number of years before they were remodeled, and were always happy. The redo has made it even better, with an added free breakfast. We will definitely be staying here again.
3 night trip May 16, 2014
"Getaway"
Stay way enjoyable. Bathroom toilet was dirty. Good thing I brought my disinfectant wipes. Never go to a hotel without it.
1 night trip Feb 16, 2014
"Nice but a little bit out of the way"
Very nice hotel for the price, if you don't mind driving a bit to get to restaurants or shopping. IT is a like a home away from home. They provide you with most of the comforts of home, like kitchen, utensils, etc.
Other trip Feb 17, 2014
"Close to local business and store for grocery shop"
Convenient. Nice rooms.
1 night business trip Jan 27, 2014
"quiet getaway"
very nice room..just like a apartment....unfortunately I had to call down to the front desk several times for cooking items missing from the room...all n all a good stay :)
2 night romance trip Jan 20, 2014
mia
"The renovations paid off!"
I had no previous experience with this hotel save for reading about the hotel prior to the renovations. All I can say about it now is that the place is extremely clean, amenities are excellent, and an overall terrific value especially considering it is an extended stay hotel. The staff was amazing.
Other trip Dec 31, 2013
Kenny
Comfortable stay Great breakfast. I checked out s week ago. The hotel still haven't refunded my $150 deposit.
Other trip Dec 29, 2013
Sue
"Great stay!!!"
We stayed for three night. It was very well priced. The room was clean and bed was very confortable. The breakfast was enough to satisfy. The hallways do smell a bit funky from others cooking, but not sure how the hotel can fix that problem since rooms come equipped with a kitchen. Overall it was a pleasant stay for us and our puppy.
Other trip Dec 27, 2013
Love this place. Staff is friendly an very close to highway an the mall.
1 night trip Dec 21, 2013
Sasha
We were going through a very stressful move out of State and found a very curtious and friendly staff at the Hotel made our transition from packing up our home and having a retreat away from the cllutter a very satisfing solution . Location was excellent to the area we moving from and all necessary business where we could complete our move.
3 night trip Nov 9, 2013
Jane
"It's cold"
I stayed at room 216 on Nov 11-12, 2013. The room was so cold and it iwas so difficulties to stay in the room. Finally I found the problem - there is either leak or not well sealed under neath the air conditioning. The sub-zero temperature with strong wind came into the room. Brought the front desk guy to the room to see the problem. But he could not do anyting until next day. I have to use all I can find in the room try to seal around and underneath the air conditioning. It was the day with snow and sub zero temperature. The hall is much more comfortable than my room.
2 night business trip Nov 11, 2013
"Good Hotel"
The hotel is newly renovated. Very attractive inside and out. The rooms have a full kitchen, full fridge, stove, nice neat, and clean bedding. There's a Kroger just around the corner in case you want to do some shopping.
1 night business trip Nov 10, 2013