All hotels in Santa Clara, California, United States of America
481 El Camino Real, Santa Clara, CA, 95050, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Train"
There are train tracks on the back of the hotel property. The Cal Train passes thru every 15-20 minutes including the middle of the night. Not much sleep offered here.
Other trip Apr 3, 2013
"What you Expect."
We have stayed at Candlewood Suites before and this was about the same. Nice rooms with the amenities. Good service and friendly staff.
1 night trip Mar 28, 2013
"Nice Place"
Nice place. Great rooms. Friendly and helpful staff. Across the street from Santa Clara University. But no daily housekeeping.
4 night trip Feb 28, 2013
It was exactly what I needed. Clean, close to SCU and very comfortable.
1 night business trip Feb 9, 2013
"Nightmare stay"
I never saw any kind of security while I was staying at this hotel. I pulled into the parking lot late at night by myself and someone approached my car and wanted "help". I told them NO and as I was speeding out of the parking lot this person was chasing me on foot the entire way. That is until he saw a police officer drive by and he kept running the opposite way. This is not a place for a woman alone to stay. The hotel was gorgeous, the rooms wonderful but if you don't have any security to help keep your customers safe you will lose good customers.
1 night trip Oct 26, 2012
R Jennings
"Ok for a business trip"
I chose this hotel for its convenient location, across the street from Santa Clara University, where I had meetings. It is a very basic, no frills, hotel. It has all of the things you need for a business trip, but in no way do you feel pampered or like you want to stay in your room rather than go out because it is so nice (as you do when you stay in even less expensive hotels in San Francisco, where I am now!). The rooms have a few attempts at being updated (bathroom fixtures and cabinets, etc. but they are clearly cheap.) The bathtub is some sort of vinyl. No food other than the stuff in the little self-serve room where you can get soft drinks, coffee, cereal, etc. For the same price (or less), I can stay in a 4-star hotel in the financial district of San Francisco and have a lot of amenities, such as room service, lobby bar, etc. I wish this hotel had a less expensive room without the kitchen, huge desk and living room - just a nice room for an overnight business trip.
Other trip Dec 1, 2012
Su
"Hidden Gem"
The room refurbishings are wonderful. The only reason its only two stars is that there are no pools or restaurants. The convenience is unbeatable.
2 night trip Nov 23, 2012
"Nice and accommodating"
The staff was very pleasant and accommodating. Hotel was quiet and a convenient walk to Santa Clara University. Rooms were comfortable and efficient. Would stay there again.
2 night business trip Nov 16, 2012
C
Staff was very friendly and helpful. HOtel was clean and well maintained.
1 night trip with friends Oct 6, 2012
"NOISY"
Room was way too noisy. Sounded like we were under a basketball court all night. Maybe a little insulation would have helped. Called front desk, but little help.
Other trip Oct 2, 2012
"Great hotel for its easy walk to caltrain"
Good hotel - clean and perfectly located next to Santa Clara caltrain station. However I was really disappointed to learn that they don't have any 2 beds option for standard suite. Even though it is advertised on expedia as special option when you book standard suite. Thus rating it 3 overall for misleading information on expedia.
Response by Candlewood Suites Silicon Valley
Dear verified traveler, Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay. Please accept our deepest apologies for misleading information provided by third party booking tool and the inconvenience you experienced with room accommodation. We hope that you take the time to stop in for a visit soon to see how we have taken every comment very seriously in order to make your future stays with us as pleasant as possible. If you allow us the opportunity to serve you again, the hotel offers one bedroom suite with a sleeping sofa in the living room. Thank you for taking the time to write your comments. We are delighted to hear your feedback! Sincerely, Viera K.| Director of Sales and Marketing 481 El Camino Real, Santa Clara, CA 95050 Tel: 408.2419305 | ext.402 www.candlewoodsuites.com/siliconsanjose
Other trip Sep 24, 2012

"Perfect~!"
2월에 일주일 정도 출장이 있어서 숙박을 했습니다. 일단 호텔의 위치는 괜찮습니다. 바로 앞에 대학교와 경찰서가 있어서 안전에는 문제없습니다. 저는 차를 렌트를 해서 대중교통을 사용하지는 않았지만 바로 앞에 기차역과 버스정류장이 있어서 이지역의 시내나 샌프란 시내로 나가는데도 편할것 같습니다. 객실의 상태또한 굉장히 만족스럽습니다. 호텔 특성이 강아지를 같이 지낼 수 있어서 지내는 동안 옆방에 이틀정도 강아지 때문에 신경이 쓰였지만 호텔 직원이 해결해주려고 노력하는 모습이 아주 친절했습니다. 이게 신경쓰이신다면 체크인할때 피해달라고 부탁하시면 될 것 같습니다. 방에 가스레인지, 전자레인지, 냉장고가 있어서 장기간 투숙시 아주 유용할 것 같습니다. 방과 화장실도 넓어서 답답한 느낌도 없습니다. 일주일에 한 번 객실을 청소해 주는데, 저는 개인적으로 사람이 들락거리는 걸 싫어해서 시트와 수건만 갈아달라고 했습니다. 여행기간 내내 호텔에서만 지내시는 게 아니라면 이게 더 편하실겁니다. 와이파이도 쓸만합니다. 기본적인 인터넷 사용 속도에 크게 불편은 없었습니다. 책상이 넓어서 아주 편합니다. 세탁실, 헬스장, 편의점? 들이 작지만 알차게 있습니다. 전체적으로 깔끔하고 유용한 호텔입니다. 다음출장에도 다시 사용핧 의향있습니다.
10 night business trip Feb 1, 2015
KR
"便利な駅前のホテル"
Cal Train Santa Clara駅の目の前で、サンフランシスコやサンノゼに移動するのに非常に便利でした。
Response by Candlewood Suites Silicon Valley
親愛Aトラベラー、 私たちのホテルであなたの最近の経験のレビューを書くために時間を割いていただき、ありがとうございます。私は、あなたがサンフランシスコにサンタクララから簡単にアクセス隣接カルトレイン輸送して、目的地にアクセスすることができたことがうれしい。私たちは、あなたが再び領域にあるときに念頭に置いて私たちを維持することを願っています。 敬具 アンジェリカG. /ゲストサービス キャンドルウッドスイーツ〜サンタクララ
1 night business trip Dec 17, 2014
"A very nice hotel"
Very enjoyed staying in this hotel. Clean, comfortable room & bed, kitchen with cookware, big refrig, free lanudry(very low cost for dryer). Only issue is seems this hotle not accept stay less than a week. Room cleaning once a week only.
Response by Candlewood Suites Silicon Valley
Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for taking the time to complete a review pertaining to your stay with our hotel. I'm glad that you found our rooms clean and comfortable, along with benefiting from utilizing our hotel's amenities. For your reference, kindly note that we accept less than a week's stay, although, by design, we typically cater to extended stays; mainly, guests benefit from the cost/value-return when you schedule to stay for longer term. Based on this, our hotel policy is once a week room cleaning, which correlates with scheduling of staff and refresh of supplies accordingly. I hope this addresses your concern--otherwise, feel free to reach out to us directly. Thank you for choosing Candlewood Suites. We hope to welcome you back again sometime in the near future! Sincerely, -Fritzie D. | Guest Services Candlewood Suites ~ Santa Clara
12 night business trip Oct 12, 2014
HK
"좋은 교통"
칼트레인 역이 가까이 있고, 버스로 바로 인텔뮤지엄까지 한번에 갈 수 있어서 렌트나 지인의 운전없이 다니기에는 최적의 장소 였습니다. 그리고 주변에 산타클라라 대학교 근처에 맛있는 식당도 몇 몇있어서 좋았어요. 호텔에서 쓰는 향수가 조금 독한 느낌은 있었어요.
Response by Candlewood Suites Silicon Valley
Dear American (KR), Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent experience with our hotel. I’m glad that you were able to access your destination by easily accessible adjacent public transportation, as well as finding the area and local businesses to your satisfaction. We hope that you keep us in mind when you are in the area again. Sincerely, -Fritzie D. | Guest Services Candlewood Suites ~ Santa Clara
1 night trip Sep 6, 2014
아메
KR
"自由空間がある快適ホテル"
毎日の掃除などが標準ではありませんでした。朝食もありません。でも快適でした。何も邪魔されることがなく、時間も気にせず好きなように生活できる自由度があります。
Other trip Oct 13, 2013
JP
"Ótima estrutura e atendimento"
O hotel atendeu todas as minhas expectativas com relação a estrutura, atendimento e localização. Por ter uma cozinha completa facilitou bastante o meu dia-a-dia e por esse motivo considero uma excelente relação custo-benefício. O único ponto a ser avaliado é o fato da proximidade com a estação de trem, porque embora a frequência de trens seja pequena, o barulho pode incomodar um pouco, já a noite não fui incomodado em nenhum momento. No geral recomendo a todos os interessados pois fiquei muito satisfeito.
7 night business trip Jul 5, 2013
BR
"サンタクララ大学の目の前&サンタクララ駅の隣"
サンタクララ大学の目の前。 また、カルトレインのサンタクララ駅の隣。 ということで、出張先がサンタクララ大学であれば、車も要らず、非常に便利です。
Other trip Jul 8, 2013
Irizo
JP
"Praktisch und zu empfehlen"
Das Hotel ist etwa eine Stunde von San Francisco entfernt. Es faehrt ein Zug vor der Tuer der alle Ziele von Interesse ansteuert. Ein Starbucks und verschieden Moeglichkeiten zum Essen sind in Laufweite. Das Hotel verfuegt ueber einen kleinen Store. Waescherei und Filme ausleihen ist kostenlos. Jedes Zimmer verfuegt ueber eine kleine Kueche.
Other trip Dec 2, 2012
3 night business trip Aug 5, 2013
TW
2 night business trip Mar 1, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for Candlewood Suites - Santa Clara

"Extended stay is awesome"
08/11/15 Thesuperchelsea Santa Clara, California, United States
BBQ and kitchens in the rooms. Love it. Great design and space. FREE DVD rentals at check in. LOVE IT!! Free wifi! No pool but with plenty more f other things to do nearby. Not too bothered. Will definitely come back again.
"Home away from Home"
08/08/15 CrossCountryJenn Fort Pierce, Florida
I have stayed here numerous times over the past several years for business, for stays ranging from 1 mo - 3 mo. I am here for long-term stays several times every year. Every time I come to Silicon Valley for business, I research hotel prices before I book, and every time this is the best value for the quality, at least that I know of. The rooms are renovated, nicely decorated, clean, and I'd say about average in size. I love that I can cook in the kitchenette with stays so long, and there is a nice grill area outside with a pavilion and tables. The staff has been friendly and helpful, for the most part - except for a period when they were going through big changes in staff a couple years ago - but they have improved again since that time. The location is good, and I like that it is close to the Caltrain. I personally have never had major issues with train noise, and I have stayed in all parts of the hotel. The only issues I have with the hotel are these: 1) Internet can be unreliable, to the point that it sometimes interferes with my ability to use the internet for business, and streaming movies or playing online games is a constant struggle for my employees who stay there, 2) There is a resident homeless drunk who will often talk to you if you use the gill area and sometimes ask for money or hotel access. He is pretty harmless, but it is a nuisance that makes my "Home away from Home" pretty uncomfortable on occasion. The front desk has offered to call the cops on him, but he is gone by the time they do - I wish they could find a way to deter him from being on or around the hotel grounds in the first place. Otherwise, the hotel is in a nice shopping plaza and I have not seen any other unseemly characters hanging around. But I continue to stay at this hotel despite these two issues because the benefits outweigh these inconveniences: the hotel is a good value, the accommodations are good quality, and the staff is friendly and helpful in my business needs while on the road.
"Santa Clara U visit"
05/24/15 Brett A Seattle, Washington
Great location just across the street from Santa Clara University campus. Clean rooms, nice staff, very affordable, some noise from the train station close by but otherwise reasonable. Shopping and restaurants are 10 minutes away by cab/Uber. Starbucks is 200' away!
"Maintenance problems"
04/26/15 Douglas W Portland, Oregon
I spent three nights at the Candlewood Suites across from The entrance to Santa Clara University. When I arrived the toilet was running non-stop. I informed the desk clerk and they sent a maintenance man to fix it while I was out. When I returned late that night not only was the toilet now running much worse but it would not flush. I spent a sleepless night because the sound of the toilet was quite loud. They finally managed to fix it on day two. They never did fix the bathroom light which was not working for my entire stay. The Candlewood Suites is very convenient to Santa Clara University but I would recommend finding another hotel even if it means driving a few minutes.
"Nice rooms, but next to the train tracks"
01/08/15 Charles K Middletown, California
I've stayed in the Candlewood Suites in Santa Clara four or five times in the past four years. The rooms are nice but the hotel is next to Amtrak and Caltrain. When I stayed on the side of the hotel away from the tracks, I got a good nights sleep. When I was on the side of the hotel next to the tracks, I did not. I had thought that only commuter trains ran on those tracks, so they should be quiet at night, but no, there seem to be trains periodically through the night. On my last stay I had requested a room away from the tracks, but I was initially assigned one next to the tracks. So we had to endure another bad night before they moved us away from the tracks. Then it was fine. Like all of the hotels in Santa Clara, the room prices here have risen recently, to the point that the Candlewood is no longer within my budget. That, and the uneven experience with the trains likely means I won't be staying here again.
"Home away from Home :-)"
12/13/14 nandaz Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
I have been staying in this property since 2003. Over the last 10 years they have improved the decor of the rooms substantially. What I like about this place is the location. Very conveniently located on El Camino, across Santa Clara University (in case you want to go for your morning walk, just cross the road into the university campus), Caltrain station is behind the hotel, San Jose Airport is very close by, all the major freeways like 101, 280, 880 are very easily accessible. Great number of choices of restaurants close by. There is a StarBucks, Cramers Bagel & BoA ATM just outside the hotel. They also have a well stocked pantry called CupBoard with decent enough though slightly highly priced stuff. 24 hours free laundry as long as you bring your own detergent :-). Pretty decent gym along with a good free DVD library. If you are in a mood to cook, the kitchen is equipped for that too. Folks at the reception are super helpful and always answer your question with a smile :-) Overall I haven't seen anything -ve for a budget traveller, Would highly recommend this place to every one.
"Just right!"
12/10/14 norma r Los Angeles, California
I visited my son at SCU recently and this location is right across the street from campus. Nothing fancy but just right. If you are traveling with others and/or are staying for several nights the full kitchen is a fantastic amenity! Oh, and Starbucks is across the parking lot!
"close to scu, great staff"
10/15/14 JenniferM0421 Palos Verdes Estates, California
We stay here when we visit our daughter at Santa Clara University. Easy to take bus to and from airport - staff could not be nicer. Is this 5 star? No, but the rooms are clean and a great value... and the staff simply could not be kinder or try harder to make your stay perfect.
09/13/14 mayankkedia London, United Kingdom
I stayed here for 3 weeks back when I visited the Silicon Valley for a customer visit and had to commute to the office and back each day. The hotel itself is good - slightly away from downtown - but benefits from being right next to the train station. There is also a frequent shuttle bus that takes you to the nearest stop on the sub-urban metro/train station from where you can get connectivity to other parts of the city. The train station next to the hotel has direct trains to SFO and other cities in case you wanted to travel there over the weekend or something. The room has a small kitchenette which has all the utensils and stuff that would be required in case you were planning on cooking something on your own. The rooms are spacious, have an ensuite bathroom, a TV - wasn't LCD though if I remember correct. Its a long stay hotel so has ample space to park your cars. The hotel in general tends to be a bit quiet as I assume mostly there are business travellers who stay at this place rather than families with kids. The reception staff is very helpful and always available should you need anything. They also have a small store in the hotel from where you can buy your regular grocery like milk, curd, bread, egg etc. They also run a CD rental service (which is free of charge for residents) so you can watch movies of your liking as the programming content on the TV is rather minimal. Its a decent stay for business purposes and the pricing is fairly competitive - which is helpful when you are looking at cutting costs without compromising too much on quality.
"You need to like trains to stay here"
09/08/14 Elaine C Cincinnati, Ohio
This hotel can be a great value since it is a long-stay hotel with kitchenette but if you stay here chances are you will have a room on the railroad side of the hotel. You will hear trains throughout the night and in the morning around 6:00 am the trains start announcing arrival with horns. You most likely will get the train side since they save the quiet side for their regular guests.