All hotels in Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Quite clean
    Room is not nice
    Poor vibe
"Stay & Fly"
We stayed overnight on our way back from a trip. It was nice to leave our car for 4 days and get a ride to and from airport by hotel shuttle. Made our trip easier.
1 night trip Nov 10, 2015
"Needs a Rehab"
The rooms definitely need an upgrade, especially the bathroom. The shower/bath looked horrible and a pipe was leaking from the bottom of the sink. Plus the wifi was out in the morning for more than 3 hours during the key early morning time.
1 night family trip Aug 18, 2015
Cynthia
"Good value for money"
Minutes from the airport. Good value for money.
1 night trip Aug 16, 2015
Vikram
"Close to airport"
Desk staff very helpful Value for money Situation good
Other trip Aug 6, 2015
theunsie
the aircon is not working but the staff accomodate us on changing the room
4 night family trip Jul 11, 2015
"Convenient to airport"
A good place to stay if you need a quick trip in and out of Calgary. The staff was exceptional, the room was very clean and comfortable.
Other trip Jul 16, 2015
"A place to your head"
Close to the airport. Decent restaurant at hotel. Got a decent nights sleep before the flight out. Helpful staff.
1 night family trip Jul 8, 2015
"First time at stampede"
Air conditioning was very poor, pool was very hot, ran out of good beer on tap.
Other trip Jul 11, 2015
Alex
"Great Pool/Hot Tub, decent hotel"
The hotel is older, but taken care of with one glaring exception. The elevators did not work well and when we mentioned it to the front desk, they didn't make any attempt to fix. They have a very nice pool, hot tub, and exercise room. Denny's is close, with good food and friendly staff. The staff at the Clarion were nice. Just as we arrived, we were approached by a young couple begging for money, which didn't get us off to a good start. All in all, it was a good location, nice hotel.
2 night romance trip Jul 1, 2015
Peggy
"Ok....if you get a good rate."
Room was clean and comfortable. The place needs an update and repairs to the elevators. They haven't worked properly in the past year.
1 night business trip Jun 23, 2015
david
"Comfortable and affordable"
Nice clean and comfortable hotel. Handy airport shuttle.
Other trip May 28, 2015
Alice
"Beware"
This is an old hotel that has been remodeled several times, it's close to Highway 1 but don't expect too much. The internet does not work well in the rooms and the staff is less than friendly or accommodating. I needed to check out early due to a family emergency and while I gave them more than 24 hours notice that I was checking out they tried to charge me for the last night.
Other trip Apr 26, 2015
Business
"It was a great place to stay."
Everything was good with the exception that we booked a 2 bed room and only was given a room with 1 bed.
Other trip Feb 25, 2015
Megs
"Horrible beds"
This hotel is a little run down. The lobby and bar are nice but the rooms were just so-so. The beds were terrible. They are a number bed. You can change the firmness on each side. Hated them. If soft it felt like a trough. If firm, like a brick. The bathroom was cleanish. The tub could use a scrubbing to get some scale off. I understand that staff are on a tight budget for time to clean rooms but I like a clean shower. Location just off the Deerfoot was convenient for where we needed to be. The parking lot was very well lit and maintained. Good for security.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
Léa
"Comfy beds"
The lobby was friendly and warm. The staff was professional and nice. Tge rooms were a bit outdated but the sleep bumber veds were great. Love the slider and balcony. Unfortunately, the slider needs repair as there were gaps in the threshold allowing for cold air and snow to getvinto our room.
1 night trip with friends Nov 8, 2014
"Nice room but little else."
The hotel was old, but the room updated, comfortable and pleasant. The elevators, being part of the older building were slow, tight and not very reliable. the stairs (used to bypass the elevators) were narrow, cold and unwelcoming. You had to sign-in to use the business center rather than use your room key (odd). I could not print my boarding pass from the business center because you had to log-in and register to HP printing services. That was too cumbersome so I bagged it and got mine at the airport. The neighborhood is nothing special with pawn shops and caged business along the street. I found a shopping mall nearby that had several restaurants to choose from.
2 night business trip Oct 14, 2014
I found the location of the Hotel easy if you were coming or going to the airport, there was space for conferences. In hotels facilities were convenient. Walking down town was not ideal. Room was very nice inside, some road noise, but not too bad. Slept well, was rested for the next days adventures
1 night trip Sep 27, 2014
It was satisfactory. Staff were helpful. Close to the airport.
Other trip Sep 30, 2014
very helpful getting us to and from the airport. liked the workout/pool area
Other trip Sep 21, 2014
"Near airport"
Didn't have bath towels in room. Couldn't call because phones weren't working.
Other trip Sep 20, 2014
Fred
"Airport van available"
Excellent room and restaurant service
1 night trip Aug 12, 2014
Joy
"Best hotel in its price"
We stayed in a room with 2 queen beds, with 2 daughter 8 and 10. Both loved the room and throughly enjoyed the big warm indoor pool. Lobby is beautiful and staff was very accommodating. In short a good place to stay in Calgary.
1 night trip Aug 8, 2014
JQ
"Nice to stay at the Pool after check out."
We had a nice stay at the hotel. It was pricy but so was all the hotels in the area. Room was good, and the staff was nice. They let us stay at the Pool after checking out since we had to wait for our ride after the checking out hours.
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
Jing
Hotel was fine for what was needed. The rooms were clean and lobby was nice. Then plants in front were dead and the trash can was overflowing near the entry way.
Other trip Aug 2, 2014
"Calgary Clarion by the airport"
Convenient to the airport. Just OK. Right next to a main road so it was noisy. Carpets, curtains need cleaning or replacement. Beds were comfortable.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
Rubi
"Good hotel close to airport"
I only stayed one night. The bed was a king sized sleep number which I have never used before and I would rather just have a regular bed. The sleep number wasn't great. I was also missing a plug for the bathtub but they brought me one within minutes. Everything else was pretty good nothing to fancy just a hotel room
Other trip Jan 2, 2014
bubbs
"No Stars"
Not impressed. The heating system didn't work - it blasted out cold air. At about 2am I finally called downstairs to complain - it was too cold to sleep. (Air outside was -14). They said they would work on it and call me back. Never called back. I called again at 3. They finally brought extra blankets - said that was all they could do. The next morning I found out the heat had gone out in the entire building. We weren't comp'd anything, no one apologized. They said there was nothing they could do. I would not recommend Clarion.
1 night trip Dec 2, 2013
"Elevators Down"
Overall a decent stay. Room was clean and attractive, with comfy chair & footrest, suitcase stand, nice firm-yet-soft bed and nice poofy covers. Balcony was too narrow to be useful, and the solid concrete railing only served to block the view from the window and collect grit. Suggest requesting north (view to mountains) rather than south (view to city). Location was certainly not walkable, but was right on 16th Ave (Hwy #1) near Deerfoot Trail (#2), so it was driveable. No breakfast because they want you to use room service. The night before and the morning of my check out, both elevators were down, one out of service, and the other completely unavailable. After waiting for 10 minutes, making me late, I gave up and dragged all my bags down 9 flights of stairs - no message to let me know what was going on, no extra staff to help, no discount or gift offered to make me feel better about it. Thus the three-star rating.
1 night business trip Nov 27, 2013
Eladia
"With the lights off, it's pretty good."
This hotel looks awful from the exterior. It gets better inside, but is very outdated. The rooms are ok, but wouldn't stay here again if I had the choice.
1 night trip Oct 16, 2013
"WM Business Review"
The stay was for 1 night so our expectations weren't very high. It was selected strictly on value. Work out facility was adequate for 1 night as was the restaurant which I probably wouldn't dine in again. Full service restaurant serving fast food. The biggest disappointment was the room washroom. It was so small you had to close the door to access sink or shower.
1 night business trip Oct 8, 2013
Kevin W Lemon
"Wanted to stay two nights."
But the rate changed. It took a long time to check-in because the hotel was training some front desk personnel at the time. Still they could have looked at the long line and processed some of the guests.
1 night trip Aug 21, 2013
"nice hotel near the airport"
easy to get to and near major highways staff was good restaurant okay but nothing exceptional
Other trip Sep 12, 2013
Red
"going home"
Needed a place for a one day stay close to Calgary airport. The rates were reasonable and the staff was fantastic. We had most of Sunday to kill and the front desk clerk suggested we take the rapid transit system into the city centre. Shehad the hotel van drop us off andpick us up. The rooms were quite. And several restaurants are within walking distance. Loved our stay.
1 night family trip Sep 1, 2013
Mak
"good hotel at reasonable price"
Clean, quiet, good restaurant with great views. Located on the other side of Highway 1 opposite to the exit to downtown Banff. Hard to pinpoint on the exact reason why, but got the feeling that owner put a lot of care in the hotel.
1 night trip Aug 13, 2013
YP
Original room had a mildew smell. Hotel moved us to a new room right away abd accomodated the move. Good hotel for cheap price, near airport, and shuttle service.
1 night trip Aug 11, 2013
It is large and clean hotel. The staffs are so kind.
1 night family trip Jul 25, 2013
SK
"Good hotel and convenient location"
we stayed here one night but I wish we stayed longer. The only disappointment was the Sleep Number bed which we could not adjust for ourselves to have really good sleep. Maybe we are not so tech savvy though. Anything else is just perfect
1 night family trip Jul 17, 2013
"Average"
Dated decor. Squished mattresses in the room. Only stayed for one night in transit and for that reason it was okay as its on the main road/ Hwy 1. The room was clean though and helpful reception staff.
1 night trip Jul 13, 2013
S Zaidi
"close to airport"
front desk staff helpful and friendly. Bar lounge staff not so friendly. Restaurant needs updating and the staff needs better training. The Restaurant manager needs training in hygiene. She stood at the counter took her shoe off and straightened the sock on the bottom of her foot, put the shoe back on and then served without even washing her hands.
Other trip Jul 10, 2013
Alan
"Book here as last resort"
This is a run down facility recently rebranded as Clarion. The restaurant is decent but other than that it will surely disappoint you.
Other trip Jun 15, 2013
The size of their bathroom has been the smallest bathroom that we have ever seen. The guest has to close the door first in order to change your gesture.
1 night business trip Jun 10, 2013
Schwann
great
4 night trip May 1, 2013
Did not like the bed called the Bed Number.
4 night business trip May 7, 2013

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

Quite and comfortable
1 night business trip Feb 29, 2016
Levi
"Don't stay here. Better hotels in the area."
I didn't enjoy this hotel much. The lobby and lounge were quite beautiful but the rest of the hotel feels dated and dirty. The elevator was broken but still left running. It stopped on random floors for no reason. The room itself is begging for a renovation.
5 night business trip Jan 29, 2016
Stephen
Only down-side was the street noise; however, your staff did give me the option of the front with a city view + noise, or, back, which is quieter! Since I'd been on the back side before, decided on front; therefore, next stay would be back side & more quiet!
1 night family trip Jan 21, 2016
Judith
The hotel was clean and comfortable. The front desk staff and breakfast staff were great. The only thing that I didn't like was that our room was on the first floor and you cannot close the drapes. There is just a sheer curtain. So people could potentially see in your room and it is quite bright when trying to sleep.
1 night business trip Jan 17, 2016
Jackie
Nice experience. Don't care that I have to write a bunch of stuff to submit this review, but not the fault of the hotel
Other trip Jan 14, 2016
Excellent hotel, amazing rates. Will stay here again.
Response by Clarion Hotel & Conference Centre
Dear Valued Guest, Thank you again for sharing your experience. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. We hope your next visit will be even more pleasant than the previous one. Sincerely, Barbora Front Desk Supervisor Clarion Hotel & Conference Centre
Other trip Jan 8, 2016
"Worst Hotel Experience"
At check-in they did not have my breakfast vouchers, I was told to forward a copy of my confirmation email i guess to make sure I was telling the truth about breakfast being included. I was told to come down later to pick up the vouchers when I came back down it was not ready and had to come back again. When they did make them they only did it for one person when there were 2 of us. When we went for breakfast every day we will get different information as to what was included in the breakfast. On our second day we had to get our own menus, condiments etc. We had to switch rooms on the first night because there were stains all over the carpet and the table in the room actually had tomato seeds on it. The room that we switched to was freezing and we had to sleep there for 2 nights in the cold even though we had reported it to the front desk. We stayed 4 nights and our room was not cleaned even once for the duration of our stay and the staff kept making excuses as to why it was not cleaned. Kept saying they will pass it to the manager when I had actually spoken to the manager the first night we returned to find our rooms uncleaned. For the internet service it was slow and every time you went on a new website you had to agree to the terms and conditions which was e extremely annoying. Overall this was by far the worst hotel experience I have ever had.
Response by Clarion Hotel & Conference Centre
Dear Francisca, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding your recent stay at Clarion Hotel and Conference Centre.Once again, I do apologize on behalf of our hotel team for failing to meet your expectations. Guest satisfaction is our top priority and I can assure you that this is not the standard of service we strive to give our valuable guests. I will give you a phone call right away to settle this matter amicably. We would love to have you stay with us once again to make things right. Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. Kind regards, Kobbie Larbi Front Office Manager
Other trip Jan 8, 2016