All hotels in Calgary, Alberta, Canada

"Satisfied,...but not totally impressed"
Had a great stay at the Clarion on the weekend as I was there for business...room was reasonably comfortable although the bed adjustment for softness/hardness was a little strange :-) The room was fairly clean except for a few carpet stains that should be addressed. The service was great and the restaurant was top notch! The hotel could use a little 'sprucing up' and updating as it's looking a little tired in some respects...but overall a great stay.
1 night business trip May 29, 2015
"Don't stay here"
This hotel really lacks customer service. Had to wait 20 minutes just to speak with a front desk associate to check in. There were 3 there but only one working. My room was not clean and the neighborhood was totally sketchy...man yelling outside, cars/motorcycles racing up the road in the middle of the night. Just not a very pleasant location or hotel.
1 night business trip May 13, 2015
"This is a great place!"
Great place to stay. Everything was perfect. Glad to have found this place and will stay there in the future.
1 night romance trip Apr 10, 2015
Bruce
"Calgary April 9,2015"
The room was at the end of it's life cycle The bathtub was chipping Beds had visible depressions Sliding doors to balcony did not move easily, you could hear the doors opening and closing above you due to the friction Carpet was worn The breakfast was quite good but a little pricey
3 night family trip Apr 9, 2015
It was further from the airport than we thought. We waited 50 minutes for the shuttle. In the morning we first dropped an employee off at transit which made us 15 minutes later to the airport than expected. We just made our flight. I will never stay here again.
Other trip Mar 26, 2015
"Clean comfortable hotel"
I've stayed in this hotel 3 times in the last 6 weeks. The rooms have been consistently clean, and the beds comfortable.
1 night trip with friends Mar 18, 2015
"Bland Hotel"
The room was clean enough, but the door to the balcony wouldn't close, the sink faucet leaked and the bed wasn't all that comfortable. If looking for a hotel on a budget for one night, this was alright. If looking for a nice hotel for a nice weekend getaway, I would not recommend.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
Al
Nice expérience. Clean hotel, nice staff We loved the hotel
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
It was overall good. The hot water was boiling hot. Beware! no instructions for the bed controllers anywhere.
Other trip Mar 20, 2015
hotel was very close to the airport and the staff was very friendly
Other trip Mar 18, 2015
"We missed the holiday inn"
Bathroom was very small Beds were made weird with short sheets
2 night romance trip Mar 10, 2015
rachelle
"Average place to stay for a good price."
Average place for a good price. Easy access but beds were old and not comfortable. They made a noise when you rolled over. Quite noisy on the 16th avenue side
1 night family trip Mar 10, 2015
Joanne
"Horrible Hotel"
You could not pay me to stay in this hotel again! Waited 20mins to check in, bathroom so small you could hardly open the door, paint peeling and grout grose in the bathtub, room service arrived cold, the breakfast card from my door was never collected, shuttle driver was terribly annoying, etc.
Other trip Mar 12, 2015
J
"Dated"
The rooms were spotlessly clean and well serviced, but the decor and fixtures are tired and dated.
Other trip Mar 10, 2015
"Part, Stay & Fly"
It was a park, stay and fly night- both coming and going on our trip. Was great to be able to park car there for 2 weeks and stay overnight before flight and after our trip. Also got a free shuttle to airport. Was great
1 night family trip Feb 10, 2015
Linda A
"Overnight stay"
For a 3 star hotel the experience was quite disappointing.
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
"recent stay"
Older room, indifferent housekeeping (pulled the covers over the sheets but didn't really make the bed, didn't always leave soap, empty Kleenex box). SLOW service in the restaurant. Restaurant was six steps up from the lobby (older mother couldn't make it) and no bathrooms in the restaurant - definitely not for the elderly.
4 night family trip Feb 19, 2015
"Comfortable place with good rates"
Beds were alittle less soft then we like but all else was great.
2 night business trip Feb 20, 2015
HELEN
"The hotel was nice once upon a time."
The hotel use to be nicer when owned by a different chain. The hotel is very dated. Needs Renos. They book me on a floor where they had 20 East Indians staying. Who had at least 20 children running up amd down the hallways screaming and banging the doors etc wtc starting at 6 am. I stick my head out and asked if they would please quiet there children. They apparently didn't understand me. I was disappointed packed and left.
Other trip Feb 22, 2015
jason
"Room stay"
Room was way to hot. Glasses in the coffee area were dirty.
"A nice hotel and you get what you paid for."
A comfortable stay although my room was ineplicably cold even tho i turned the heat up. Check in and check iut times could be a little faster.
Easy traveller
Reasonable place to stay. Free parking. Clean. Food at the restaurant was okay.
Other trip Feb 11, 2015
Participated in a full day professional development session and evening gala event. The Catering and Banquet staff and service was excellent. Hotel room for our overnight stay was good on all counts.
Other trip Feb 7, 2015
"convention facility was great."
For our convention good facilities, good food and service. Our room was okay, but had hair in the shower from previous use.
Other trip Feb 6, 2015
"One night stay"
This hotel used to be a non chain hotel.Clarion has done a nice job renovating.Overall stay good...
1 night family trip Jan 30, 2015
"Convenient"
Experience was nice, pool was warm (in January a plus), hot tub was 40 which was cooler than I wanted, doors were hard to open and closed quickly (older style keycards made it difficult to operate one handed), restaurant and facilities were good.
Other trip Feb 4, 2015
M
Very clean and with the shuttle service to the airport it made it very convenient
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
"nice hotel with conference room"
We had nice and helpful staff there. I love the food in buffet as well! If I don't have to watch my weight I could eat a lot more dinner. That night we have a lot of fun. In out office we were still talk about " how good the food it was"...
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
Eunice
"definitely worth the price"
pleasantly surprised ... the hotel was better than I expected, the room was quite nice and not at all dated like some of the reviews suggested. The staff on the front desk and in the Lounge were very helpful and friendly.
Other trip Jan 31, 2015
"Very nice"
Nice hotel,very clean great location ,nice room at a very fair price.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
Douglas
"Would not come back"
Stains on carpet, thin walls, stains on comforter. Would not stay here again. Photos on website are deceiving
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
"noise room"
We stayed here with a dog and the first floor room was so noise in the night. So be careful if you want stay here with dog.
2 night family trip Jan 18, 2015
Zhenyue
"Room was too hot, couldn't sleep"
Room was pleasant and adequate but too hot! Asked for wake up call but never received it.
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
"Bathroom is in bad condition"
Room is okay but bathroom is in really bad shape. Mold on the ceiling, paint peeling off the walls and stained tub. Really gross don't want to pay money for these kinds of things. Bathroom needs a serious reno.
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
"HORRIBLE BEDS AND "SEEDY" AREA"
Thank you for this survey. I have to admit the lobby was very welcoming. I travel a lot and have seen the inside of many different hotel franchises, but as far as the bed went this has to be the worst ever bed I have slept on!! For that reason and the location, kind of seedy..i will NEVER go back!!
1 night business trip Jan 12, 2015
susan
"Good hotel, decor a little tired"
This is not a new hotel. It needs upgrading but it is adequate. The restaurant food was good but the decor also needs upgrading. The atrium in the lobby is magnificent. .
2 night business trip Jan 7, 2015
"Hotel Not at AIRPORT"
False advertising regarding being by airport. 25 minute drive. Hotel on expedia showed old photos from when was new. The hotel is old and run down. I slept in my clothes as the room did not feel clean. I would definitely not recommend this hotel to anyone. I paid more money as it appeared from advertisement to be upgrade from others. In the end it was overpriced. The staff was fine, and the shuttle was convenient. Those were the only positives.
Other trip Jan 9, 2015
"Linen"
I loved the ironed sheets and the good quality towels. Everything was nice and clean. The only drawback with the room was the smallness of the bathroom. Restaurant service at 9:00PM was lacking but had good morning staff.
Other trip Jan 8, 2015
Lynda
"great service!"
Excellent friendly service
1 night family trip Jan 5, 2015
"Staff made the difference."
We took advantage of the hotel airport shuttle after a late arrival on New Year's Eve to this basic, clean hotel. The staff:front desk, restaurant, and shuttle were friendly. The front desk upgraded our room for no additional charge to a quiet floor with no New Year's Eve partiers. They safeguarded our suitcases while we shopped at Sunridge mall the next day. (The front desk staff also gave us directions to walk to the mall). The restaurant food was okay.
Other trip Jan 6, 2015
"OK. Clean, affordable."
Use this hotel a lot. Decent price, close to family, lots of free parking. Easy access to airport and downtown.
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
"Alright for the price."
Hotel was ok. Even if I could see the airplanes I didn't hear any noise. Can get downtown in 10 min by car. Elevator was slow. Overall I liked it; would stay there again.
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
Dumitru
"What a wonderful place to stay..."
This was our first time staying at the Clarion, my daughter Annysa and I, Dec 26/14-Dec 28/14. We came to spend some time with my auntie who got transferred to a hospice four days prior with terminal cancer. Everyone at the Clarion showed so much compassion and were there for my daughter and I with every phone call, room service and house keeping questions. Very prompt, kind and thoughtful. Our room, very tidy with a clean presentation, faced the airport so my daughter and I stood on the balcony watching the planes take off and land. It was an awesome! My daughter enjoyed the pool and utilized it as much as she could. I said to my daughter I wanted to take their beds home with me!!! So cozy and comfortable. I also forgot my MacBook Pro charger our room and the day I called to inquire about it, that same day they got back to me and are going to hold onto it for me. My daughter will be returning to calgary very very soon as my auntie passed away on Jan 1/15 and will be staying at the Clarion. Thank you to everyone at the Clarion for being incredible and honest. See you all soon! Marlene & Annysa
2 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
Marlene
"Good value for reasonable price."
A good value for a solid room with great service.
1 night family trip Dec 21, 2014
Darcy
"Medical Trip"
Christmas Season is not the time to have a serious medical visit to a strange city. Everyone else is in party mode ..... The front desk people did try to understand my needs for daughter. We also travelled with our 2 dogs and was so very grateful they were allowed this time with us as my daughter finds comfort from her dog. ( also appreciated the one time fee for entire stay for dogs. Many places broke our bank with costs for pets) The cleaning staff were a bit overwhelming, as we asked for no service except when really needed towels or coffee. They seemed to need to do more in order to be paid ???? and when your facility speaks of environmental things and saving on water, laundry, and recycling I think you should realize that people at home do not change bed or towels everyday and if we request same in hotel that should be respected. Especially when trying to give daughter as much quiet and calm between Dr. visits as possible.
Other trip Dec 22, 2014
"The shuttle would only run"
They made me call a cab and said the shuttle only run once a hr but the night before we were told just to call the front desk
Other trip Dec 17, 2014
"Great value for money"
Very comfortable stay. No complaints, will visit again.
2 night business trip Dec 10, 2014
"Condition of hotel"
The hotel was alright but could probably use some work in updating as it is older. The pool was good but also could use some work soon. It was okay for the price we paid but we got a deal and wouldn't have wanted to pay what we saw was full price. Also a little disappointed that the airport shuttle only goes on the hour. Most hotels I have stayed in with shuttles go to the airport every 1/2 hour. I would stay there again but only if we got a deal on the price.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
Lauralee
"An oldie but a goodie"
my daughter and I stayed here 1 night and attended a Christmas party. The staff was friendly and very prompt with our requests. The party room was was at the top of a long flight of stairs and there was no elevator. It was very hard on my arthritic knees. Other than that everything else was fine.
1 night family trip Dec 6, 2014
Jackie
"Staff"
Very good staff, at the bar and restaurant, very helpfull, shuttle to airport was very comfortable.
Other trip Dec 8, 2014