All hotels in Calgary, Alberta, Canada
2120 16 Avenue N.E.CalgaryABT2E 1L4Canada, ‏‎800-491-6126

Quite clean
    Room is not nice
    Poor vibe
I only stayed one night, as I was meeting up with other family members at Calgary Airport, who were arriving from NZ on different flights. I had requested an airport pickup which was great. Then the next morning, when I requested a trip back to the airport, was told I had to request it 24hrs in advance. This contradicts what I was told at check in. Plus I'd emailed them, when I booked the hotel, and was told it wouldn't be a problem. Consequently, I arrived late at the airport, so had a stressed out 79yr old father, after his 14hr flight, not having me there to great him. The trip was to celebrate his 80th birthday, the next day. Fortunately, I didn't have a flight to catch, otherwise that would have been a major problem. I was told I could dine in the restaurant, as I arrived about 6pm. However, after I'd showered, got settled into room, went to the restaurant about 7.30pm, to be told it was closed. Was directed to Denny's so walked there in the snow. Quite an experience.
Response by Clarion Hotel & Conference Centre
Good day, Thank you for sharing your experience in regards to your recent stay. I do apologize on behalf of my staff for failing to give you details on our shuttle services. We do recommend that guests heading to the airport from the hotel make reservations at check-in time. The reason been that, we know the right count since our shuttle takes only 11 passengers at a time. And also if we have to make arrangements for a second vehicle. We hope you will give us another chance to serve you in the near future. Kobbie Larbi Front Office Manager
Other trip Jan 7, 2016
"Close to Max Bell, if you're going to hockey"
Stayed there for the Mac's Midget tournament. Just minutes from the Max Bell Centre. Quick access to the Deerfoot. Five minutes to Sunridge Mall. Denny's across the parking lot. My first experience with sleep number beds--not that I could feel much of a difference. The lobby is beautiful and large. It isn't showing its age as much as the rooms - bathtub old and chinks in the flooring. Room door also needed some work. Had a great rate, so no complaints from that. 2 Queens would have been tight for more than 2 people. A desk with chair plus another table and lounge chair. Slow elevator, so used stairs with luggage (only going up one floor). Front desk staff was friendly and helpful.
Response by Clarion Hotel & Conference Centre
Dear Valued Guest, Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am sorry to hear that the room did not meet your expectations, and I will share your experience with our maintenance team regarding the bathtubs. We are expecting renovations this year, which should address the issues you have mentioned. When it comes to our staff, I would like to thank you for complimenting their friendliness and their ability to assist you. Thank you again for providing us with your valuable feedback, which helps us address the areas of improvement. We hope to see you again soon! Sincerely, Barbora Front Desk Supervisor, Clarion Hotel & Conference Centre
5 night trip Dec 26, 2015
"ok hotel for the amenities - room just ok"
The room was disappointing -lots of stains in the carpet and chair. Beds were comfortable and linens were good. We visited the pool and it was a decent size. Hot tub jets were non-existent but temp was good. Restaurant was good and it was nice to have star bucks. Wifi was weak and often cut-out. Front desk staff charged $200 to my CC as a deposit - I've had holds put on but never a charge to be refunded later? After when I saw the room, I figured it probably was because they have a lot of partiers.
Response by Clarion Hotel & Conference Centre
Dear Rachelle, Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. On behalf of the hotel I would like to apologize for failing to meet your expectations during your recent visit. I will make sure to pass this information along to our housekeeping and maintenance departments regarding your notes about the stains and the hot tub jets, to avoid these issues in the future. As for the deposit, we do process a hold on a credit card upon check in. We use a different system than other hotels do, where we require the guest's input to authorize this hold. I would like thank you again for your valuable feedback, which we will use to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. I hope you will consider staying with us again in time to come so that we can have another chance to provide you with a wonderful experience. Sincerely, Barbora Front Desk Supervisor Clarion Hotel & Conference Centre
Other trip Jan 2, 2016
Rachelle
"Worst hotel i ever been to"
We found hairs in the fridge and on the bed. When i went to front desk and requested room change then she said that "I am not going to change room just because you found hairs in the room" and she just gave me email for the Manager. Not going to come here again. You dont get the service & facilities you paid for.
Response by Clarion Hotel & Conference Centre
Good day Vik, Thank you for sharing your recent stay experience. This is not the level of service we strive to give our valuable guests. I will love to discuss this further with you should you wish. We want to make sure this does not happen to any other guest in the future. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel. Kobbie Larbi Front Office Manager
Other trip Jan 2, 2016
Vik
"Clarion Hotel review"
We stayed for one night, the wifi is not working even the television in the room, the noise outside can be heard inside the room, the bed is not that comfy,
1 night romance trip Dec 28, 2015
"Christmas vacation"
My stay was good. Rooms were clean and service was good, needed to change rooms and they had no issues with that or extra cost to me to get a 2 bed room vs. Single king bed.
3 night trip Dec 23, 2015
"Overcharged through Hotels.com"
No complaints about the hotel but I was charged a higher rate than advertised on Hotels.com site. When I emailed a query about this - never got a reply from Hotels.com. Will never book through the Hotels.com site again!
2 night family trip Dec 25, 2015
"Do NOT recommend"
We booked 2 queen size beds but it turned out to be a room with 1 queen size bed and 2 sofa bed. Gotta say the sofa bed looks really nasty. Thanks to the staff hard working we finally got a 2 actual beds after waiting for 20 minutes in the lobby. HOWEVER, the cleaniness of the room is HORRIBLE especially the bathroom. Yellow sticky marks are all over the sink and counter. Sticky unknown marks are all over the hair dryer and it doesn't even work. The phone doesn't work so you have to use your cell to call the front desk. Though I guess you can always ask someone to come in and fix it or CLEAN it; it's not a good condition to start if you want to have a comfy night after a tired trip. Staffs are nice and efficient though.
Other trip Dec 28, 2015
TK
"Satisfies needs"
The staff were really helpful. True enough that this hotel needs upgrading but all in all, it was satisfactory. If you're planning to just stay at the hotel, then another place might be a good choice. But if you're needing a place to stay at night cause you're out during the day, then this hotel will do.
2 night trip Dec 20, 2015
A friend and I spent the night there during a shopping trip to Calgary. The only thing I was really disappointed in was the Pool and Jacuzzi area. It did not look like it had be Kept up to the Standard of the rest of the hotel. Had a great night sleep on the Sleep Number beds in our room though.
1 night trip with friends Dec 19, 2015
"Conference Hotel"
The front desk workers were always very nice and helpful. The cleanliness of the rooms was not great- there was a piece of gum on the floor near my bed. I had a room with the adjustable sleep number beds- both of them were broken and it felt like i was sleeping on a deflated air mattress...The room cleaner was really pushy and made me let them in even though i didnt want my room cleaned.
Other trip Dec 19, 2015
Emma
excellent hotel for layover on the way to Mexico. Close to the airport, didn't stay long as we had a early flight, but hotel is really good from what i seen
1 night family trip Dec 2, 2015
"Family & friend visits"
Comfortable, room little small with two queen size beds but not a big issue. Restaurant was handy & good food & service. The hot tub & pool was the icing on the cake, clean & quite. Would return.
2 night family trip Dec 6, 2015
The room was older unrenovated very quiet and nice and clean...however the bed which used to be a pressure adjusting mattress was not adjustable and was possibly the most uncomfortable hotel bed that I have ever slept upon (rather did not sleep upon).
1 night trip Nov 23, 2015
Had a great stay, room was clean and staff was nice, I did request a crib to be ready for us when we arrived as we had a 8 hour dive with a little one. We get there I had to wait till they went up and set it up and when we got to the room it was a playpen that wasn't set up properly. But other then that food was good pool and room were all clean
3 night trip Nov 12, 2015
Aimee
"Convenient Hotel not located on # 1 highway."
The room I had was quiet but the furniture was old. The bed creaked and the sofa was ancient and not that clean. Very nice pillows. I was left with no tea bags and the coffee pot was not cleaned so what else one wonders!!!
Other trip Nov 10, 2015
"Amazing stay"
My husband and I stayed 2 nights, Natalia the guest services girl was AWESOME,m the room was clean and the bed was comfortable. the pool and hot tub was clean. the hotel was close to restaurants and about 20$ cab ride to down town. we ordered room service and the food was hot and good
Other trip Oct 21, 2015
Sandra
"Good hotel for location"
The hotel needs some upgrades but overall it is clean. All of the staff were polite and we enjoyed their restaurant. Tim the server was excellent and passionate about what he is doing. He made sure our needs were met and went above and beyond his duties.
Response by Clarion Hotel & Conference Centre
Thank you so much for sharing this with our team. I will be sure to let Tim know how much you appreciated his service.
Other trip Oct 16, 2015
diane
"Adequate for the room rate"
No wine glasses or cork screws in room. TV in bar did not work need to be replaced the ones that did work were not viewable.
Response by Clarion Hotel & Conference Centre
Thank you so much for this feedback. It should be noted we have repaired our lounge TV and we do offer complimentary corkscrews at our our front desk. Thank you so much for your business and feedback, until next time!
Other trip Oct 12, 2015
R cowboy
"Needs renovation"
Room and hotel fixtures are quite dated. It's in the same bracket as the Comfort Inn. I didn't know before staying.
Response by Clarion Hotel & Conference Centre
Thank you so much for this feedback, we are currently planning a large-scale renovation for the property to take effect very soon. We look forward to having you stay again soon!
Other trip Oct 8, 2015
SF
"Hotel needs a makeover"
Hotel needs updating. Stayed at hotel as that is where the conference was being held.wont be doing that again, unless they update everything.
2 night business trip Sep 30, 2015
"Close to where we needed to go"
Me and my fiancée stayed one night here. I am in a wheelchair and asked for a room to be accessible. After 2 different rooms we got one that worked. The bed was very very uncomfortable and I didn't have much space to maneuver my wheelchair, and the hotel restaurant isn't very wheelchair friendly as you have to go through the kitchen before entering the dining room. Staff was really nice and helpful. But, We won't be returning to that hotel again.
Response by Clarion Hotel & Conference Centre
I am so pleased to hear our team went above and beyond to make you feel comfortable while you were with us! We look forward to hosting your next visit to Calgary.
Other trip Sep 30, 2015
wheelie
"Hgwy#1 noisy non-stop, beds noisy."
Right on Highway #1, non-stop traffic 24hrs a day. 2nd night bought earplugs, which helped. Beds noisy, little uncomfortable. Other than that, staff was friendly and helpful. Busy hotel day and night. Shop close to front desk was excellent, or gas station less than a block away. I would not stay here again, due traffic noise.
Other trip Sep 27, 2015
Victoria
"Nope"
Ok
1 night business trip Sep 23, 2015
"A nice hotel with character."
Although built many years ago, it has been well kept and maintained. The rooms were clean and the beds very comforable. The staff were amazing, and very, very kind and helpful. We would most definitely stay here again.
Other trip Sep 24, 2015
"Nice hotel. Busy but comfortable."
Nice hotel. Room was very clean and spacious. Hard to find from the airport as there was construction blocking the main route so an update on the website and maybe telling people when they're booking and say they're coming from the airport would be good. Lobby was very busy and noisy when we came in around midnight, but a good hotel overall.
Other trip Sep 21, 2015
Loreena
Nice hotel. Our room was clean, it was quiet. There is big enough parking in front of the hotel, while it is also possible to go downtown with a bus.
Other trip Sep 20, 2015
"Did the trick."
We needed a hotel in the area. This one was clean with nice upgrades.
Other trip Sep 17, 2015
MJ
"Close to airport"
Was late getting in due to late flight but staff was very helpful with my accommodations .was a great experience. Room was clean bed very conformable. Nice stay
Response by Clarion Hotel & Conference Centre
I am so pleased to hear you were comfortable during your stay. See you next time!
Other trip Sep 15, 2015
paul
"Hotel falling apart at the seams"
When we got to the hotel at 3:00 we had to wait over 20 minutes as there were no rooms available. The waiting area was leaking from the rain outside so buckets were catching rain. The room was not so great, the beds sleep numbers were broken so the beds were either rock hard or way too soft. The second day we found a peanut in the room (I am allergic to peanuts!!!) and the staff really didn't seem to care I could have gone into anaphylactic shock. The pool was freezing and the hot tub drained while about 20 people were sitting in it. Housekeeping walked in at 8:00 in the morning and woke the kids... Spend the extra money for a hotel that is efficient and actually cares about the people that stay there.
Response by Clarion Hotel & Conference Centre
Oh boy, it seems we really missed the mark here! I am so sorry these were the experiences you took away from our property. Indeed we do care about our guests, a great deal. We have made improvements to our roof, hot tub and housekeeping departments. I would hope to have you stay with us again so that we can show you how wonderful our property can be. Thank you for this frank feedback, we wish you all the best in your future travels!
Other trip Sep 13, 2015
"Nice hotel for the price"
The hotel was nicer than expected. The price paid suggested otherwise but expectations were surpassed. The hot tub and pool were nice and the restaurant had plenty of options. The rooms and beds were very comfortable and accommodating. Only problem was getting the WiFi to work!
Response by Clarion Hotel & Conference Centre
Your kind words are truly appreciated. It is great to hear we surpassed your expectations. We are looking into bringing our guests a stronger wireless network as part of our planned upgrades. Thank you for staying with us, we look forward to next time.
Other trip Sep 10, 2015
"Good, clean, cheap place to stay"
Stay was good, front desk service friendly. Asked if we wanted quiet or city side (much appreciated). Beds were comfy and clean.
1 night trip with friends Sep 4, 2015
"thought it would be better than it was"
the room was seriously outdated with worn carpeting that is very stained and unable to get clean. the walls were stained and really needed a paint job. the bathroom had some black stuff around the door hinges and shower drain..the rooms were not sound proof and there was a very loud family that stayed up almost all night running up and down the halls and the front desk did not intervene. it was very cold in all other areas of the hotel and not comfortable
Response by Clarion Hotel & Conference Centre
We are truly sorry that we did not meet your expectations while you were staying with us. We are currently working with a design team and our corporate office to launch an interior renovation project to address our guest rooms. It is regrettable as well to hear you were disturbed during your stay.
Other trip Sep 8, 2015
lk
Phone not working. Wifi not working. Beddings and bed are bad even pillows are old. Hotel needs renovation.
Response by Clarion Hotel & Conference Centre
It is unfortunate you were uncomfortable during your time with us, we are aware that as an older property, there may be issues with some of our guest rooms. Our 24 hour staff is always there to remedy issues guests experience during their stay. We would hope to have you stay again in the future.
Other trip Sep 7, 2015
Anne
Easy to find, polite staff, comfortable rooms, scuttle service to airport, didn't break the bank.
Response by Clarion Hotel & Conference Centre
I am so glad to hear you found value in your stay! We look forward to hosting your next visit to Calgary.
Other trip Sep 6, 2015
"Very outdated and unclean"
Very outdated rooms, bathtub was rusting and had a dripping faucet, stain on the bed sheets. Check-in was fast and staff was pleasant, but probably would not stay here again.
1 night business trip Sep 2, 2015
"Decent hotel. Close to airport."
Beds are amazing!! Nice and quiet staff was pleasant.
Response by Clarion Hotel & Conference Centre
It is wonderful to hear you had such a comfortable stay with us, until next time!
Other trip Sep 5, 2015
"Good stay"
It was a great stay the pool was awesome in the morning
1 night family trip Aug 29, 2015
Justin
"Cold tub"
Or tub was only 95 F. Cool bath perhaps!
1 night family trip Aug 28, 2015
"Hotel needs a "face lift"."
Staff were pleasant and helpful. Restaurant was the best part of our one night stay. Very good food, reasonably priced. The hotel needs some renovating and the shuttle vehicle needs an upgrade.
Other trip Sep 1, 2015
Jody
I stay at this hotel for only 1 night. The reception is very nice to help. My family and I relaxed in a large hot tub which I think could serve at least 10 persons; and it's available until 11:00pm. The location of the hotel is the reason I booked and stayed in; very convenience to where-ever I went to. Overall I like it, at such an not too expensive charges.
Wilson
The beds weren't that comfortable UT it was overall pretty good for the rate.
dallas
"So So Hotel"
Lights out above makeup mirror. Could not shower or bath as plug would not go down and could not pull out knob for shower - knob just came off. Bathtub finish has peeled off and was black and ugly. Glad it was only for 1 night.
Other trip Aug 31, 2015
"Older hotel in need of some renovation"
We booked this hotel for its location as we were just driving through Calgary. It is very easy to get to - just follow the #1 right into the city - and close to the east edge of Calgary. It's also quite close to the airport. The room was vey spacious and beds were comfortable. The bathroom was in serious need of renovating. The tiles on the wall were coming off and the bottom of the shower was flaking enamel off. (When I dropped the soap bar, it picked up sharp pieces of the tub bottom so that I scratched myself when using the soap bar next time.) Although I got a very good deal on this hotel, I would probably choose to pay a few dollars more to stay at one of the newer hotels that are in the airport vicinity.
dt
"Falling apart"
Staff was friendly and helpful, but the room was not clean and was not in good repair. The ventilation system was extremely loud.
1 night family trip Aug 21, 2015
Nathan
"Not good"
It was a leak on top of the toilet, they need to check everything before giving any room
1 night trip with friends Aug 22, 2015
Francisco
"Maintenance issues"
Hot tub was not working but no one informed us or offered to discount the room once it was discovered. pool was cold as well. The decor in the room was ok, but the bathroom did not lock and there was a plastic board screws behind the toilet- obviously there were issues there. Location was great thought to get anywhere you wanted. The room was in a 72 hour sale otherwise I would have been really upset at the condition for he price. I would stay elsewhere next time
Other trip Aug 25, 2015
Jess
"Hotel has good access to trans Canada highway."
Check in and check out were very efficient. All staff were courteous and professional. The rooms are quite outdated and tired looking but the beds were comfortable. When we arrived, one of the elevators was out of commission. It's a good thing that we were only on the fourth floor as we had to take the stairs quite often.
Other trip Aug 25, 2015
"OK for the money"
The hotel is in a good Location one the #1 HWY - staff friendly, Rooms OK but Bathrooms and Heating need an Upgrade
Other trip Aug 24, 2015
keith
"They need to inform the kids at the front desk abo"
Desk staff was friendly but did not seem to know much about the hotel! I called for a TV guide and was told it was in my room (which it wasn't). Then that there weren't any in rooms. Asked about swimming pool And staff hardly knew there was one. Actually swimming pool and gym were Excellent. Hot tub had no bubbles. Room was comfortable and clean. Best thing is that hotel is near the airport and wasn't too expensive.
Other trip Aug 22, 2015