All hotels in Washington, District of Columbia, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here1200 16th St NW, Washington, DC, 20036, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.9
    4.9
    4.8
"Legendary"
This hotel is the most stylish, charming, immaculate and beautifully run hotel in Washington, DC. I would recommend to anyone in a heartbeat. Suite 212 is a classic.
Other trip Sep 30, 2013
"The Jefferson Hotel -- Five Stars plus"
Upon arrival and throughout our stay (8 days, 7 nights) we received wonderful service and attention. The staff was top notch and the ambiance was excellent. We will definitely stay there again. The food, service, staff, and location were fantastic. Highly recommend to business travelers and those wanting a great place to stay while on vacation or weekend getaway.
Other trip Sep 18, 2013
"The Jefferson combines elegance with comfort."
This is a beautiful hotel and from the moment I stepped through the doors I was taken good care of by all the very friendly and helpful staff. My room was lovely, quiet and comfortably elegant. I enjoyed a massage at the tiny spa and had a great lunch at the Greenhouse and drinks at Quill. I would love to stay at this hotel again!
2 night trip Sep 3, 2013
Trina
"This Historic hotel didn't disappoint!"
Everything about our stay at The Jefferson was first class! Our room was beautiful and comfortable--we didn't want to leave. Breakfast was delicious, and the atmosphere at the Quill bar was warm and inviting. The hotel is in a great location. We will certainly stay again when we return to Washington.
Other trip Aug 18, 2013
Jimmy
"Beautiful Tiny Room"
Beautifully appointed room, but I still can hardly believe that they were able to fit a kingsize bed into that tiny $500 per night space. In fairness, the room size for the price is my sole disappointment. The public spaces were quite lovely and the service highly personal.
2 night business trip Jul 24, 2013
"Great experience"
The hotel is very attuned to detail. It is refreshing in a world where service seems to take a back seat to expedience. Dinner at the Plume restaurant in the hotel was truely a dining experience. The piano player in the bar was both engagaing and entertaining. We always, in the hotel or in the dining or cocktail experience, felt we were among friends and were treated as though we were the most important people in the moment. It comes at a big city price, as would be expected.
4 night trip Jun 5, 2013
Pat
"Best 5 star experience!"
I've stayed at quite a few 4 and 5 star hotels and The Jefferson was one of the best experiences I've ever had. From the time we checked in till the moment we drove away The Jefferson staff made us feel like we were their only guest. I will definitely stay with them again and might even make it an anniversary tradition.
Other trip May 27, 2013
"Where to Stay in DC"
Excellent -
2 night trip May 23, 2013
"Beautiful hotel and superb service"
Excellent hotel, superb service, great hotel, every attention to detail take care of.
Other trip Apr 28, 2013
"A superb, high quality experience."
The hotel features quality amenities, a clean, neat, and well maintained guest room(s) and a hotel staff that is focused on consistently delivering high quality service to guests - everyone from the doormen, to the front desk staff, the dinning staff and the housekeeping staff. All in all the Jefferson Hotel delivers a superb, high quality hotel experience. I will stay there again on future visits to the Wash, DC for both business and pleasure travel with my family.
Other trip Apr 20, 2013
Flash5
"Perfect for the Sophisticated Traveler"
This is a gem of a hotel, in an excellent location, with beautiful decor. The staff -- everyone from the doorman, bellman, registration desk -- were exceptionally courteous and professional. I didn't want to leave! The bar was beautifully appointed, with an expert bartender and impressive bar menu. The Jefferson exudes Old World elegance is a suitable venue for the well-traveled, sophisticated visitor to Washington DC. It also happens to be across the street from a venerable old private DC Club -- the University Club, next to the Russian Embassy, which make the Jefferson very convenient for reciprocal members of the University Club.
Other trip Apr 4, 2013
PH
Very good place. Would recommend. Nice clean, historic.
Other trip Nov 6, 2012
Perfect 10, I'll look forward to going back again.
Other trip Nov 5, 2012
"Great hotel with sophistication."
From check in to check out our stay was perfect. Would definitely stay there again. Everything was great!
Other trip Oct 22, 2012
"Weekend stay at The Jefferson, Washington DC"
The rooms at Jefferson are a bit small but that is to be expected from a hotel located right in the heart of downtown DC. The quality of the rooms and the size/quality of the bathrooms more than make up. Excellent stay overall. Staff was very courteous.
Other trip Sep 26, 2012
"Excellent experience"
First I would just like to say that the Jefferson exceeded my expectations with regards to attention to detail and overall satisfaction with our stay. I planned a nice little getaway for my wife and I to celebrate our 9th anniversary. I mentioned this in passing to the front desk when I booked the reservation. And to both our delite they really listened. When we arrived for the actual date they not only upgraded us to a larger suite (free of charge) but had champagne and chocolate covered strawberries waiting for us. To be quite honest we werent expecting much because we didnt make a big deal about the anniversary it was just mentioned during conversation. They also left us some very nice personalized notes from the management team. These little touches really sold us on the Jefferson. The hotel itself is very nice warm and inviting. It has a somewhat historic feel to it, which is what they were going for in honor of Thomas Jefferson of course. It's a nice tribute to Americana. The reading room was inviting and cozy and the room was well situateed. Overall it was a very pleasing stay and one which we would certainly repeat again and again.
Romance trip Sep 11, 2012
Miguel F
"Great hotel but not the greates area"
Loved the suite but would not have been happy with a regular room as they are very small and over priced for what you get. The suites, are absolutley lovely, however. The service was well above average.
Other trip Aug 14, 2012
"Perfect"
A very pleasant experience. The concierge, Lynn, was among the best I have ever met. Can't go wrong by staying here.
Other trip Jul 28, 2012
Jay
"Amazing"
One of the nicest hotels I have stayed in. Staff was amazing food great. Can't wait to find a reason to stay again
Other trip Jul 16, 2012
Adam
"Hotel Snobs Stay Here"
Extremely stuffy, but also extreme old school luxury. If you want white glove service, stay here.
Other trip Jun 13, 2012
"Weekend getaway"
My wife and I loved the Hotel. Customer service was exceptional. Resturant and bar at hotel were great. The use of the University Club was a great perk. Would recommend for weekend getaway.
Other trip Jun 11, 2012
cixva
"If you can afford it, book it!"
Loved this hotel. The staff is exemplary. They cannot do enough, they're always extremely pleasant and accommodating, and the go above and beyond for their guests, and I'm not a VIP. This is their norm. The restaurant is excellent (again, pricey, but worth it if you want to have a special meal).
Other trip Jun 6, 2012
Keith
"One of Washington's best"
Incredible staff. Could not have been nicer or more accommodating. They thought of everything and make you feel special.
Other trip Jun 3, 2012

"A classic"
An outstanding hotel with exquisite service.
1 night business trip Mar 7, 2015
"Comfortable hotel"
Good quality hotel in central location accessible to most tourist areas
Other trip Dec 12, 2014
Graeme
"Fabulous all round"
Great hotel with superb service. They go the extra mile to make your stay a total pleasure.
3 night family trip Jul 14, 2014
Michos65
"Excellent hotel, good location"
Stayed at the Jefferson on a part business part leisure break. The hotel is a mile or so north of the White House but on a street that isn't a through road, so the traffic was modest and quiet. The room was modest in size but comfortable and well equipt. All in all a good start and we will certainly be back in future.
Other trip Apr 30, 2014
kcrane
"Nice hotel but too far from most things"
The hotel has a great boutique feel to it and wonderful staff but it's 2km from the Mall so a bit inconvenient. A fair bit of traffic noise...
Other trip Apr 5, 2014
"Snow in DC did not spoil the experience."
Great hotel. Great staff. Very good restaurant, but pricy.
Other trip Mar 7, 2014
"Disappointing"
Hotel staff were not friendly. We were told on check-in that our room was not ready. I asked if any other rooms were available. I was told no. I asked that my bags be kept. No offer of use of the restroom was made. I had to enquire. I was coming off a long flight. Then i enquired roughly was time the room would be ready. I was rudely told that check-in was at 15h00. I asked whether any rooms in other catagories were available as I would be happy to pay the price difference. It was only then that I was accommodated for an extra 35 dollars. I didn't mind the extra fee, but i minded the fact that i had to prize this information from the clerk, who had to ask her supervisor. This was ridiculous as it felt that the staff had no interest in accommodating us. We were not shown the ammenities of the hotel. Terrible service, the staff seemed very unconcerned with guests. When we got to the room, the toilet was not working. Had to get somebody to sort it out after we called the front desk. I was very disappointed with this hotel. Booked it due to the ratings, but mypersonal experience was far from that.
1 night romance trip Dec 28, 2013
Kanhai
ZA
A very nice hotel, servcie is great and the concierge service is excellent. However, the air conditioning in the rooms is noisy and the rooms are a bit on the small side even though we stayed in a deluxe. Other than ac noise would have been a 5.
Other trip Dec 1, 2013
"Old world atmosphere"
There is a sense of calm and tranquility that was appealing after a busy day's work. Staff were very attentive. Small, dark but atmospheric bar. Space generally is at a premium. Room comfortable with big deep bath and fresh linen daily. Niggles - promised paper never delivered and 'gym' is tiny (although complementary full service facilities are available off-site).
Other trip Nov 11, 2013
"Gerry good location, great staff"
I was very pleased to stay here. We had 4 nights before moving to another hotel for a couple of nights and wished we had stayed at the Jefferson and not moved. Staff are very polite and attentive. The Ambience is classy without being too OTT I will make this my base next time I'm in DC
Other trip Nov 3, 2013
MG
"Top Notch in all respects"
It was perfect in all regards. The rooms were very nice and comfortable and the staff was amazing.
4 night family trip Oct 4, 2013
very, very pleasant. I will stay again at the Jefferson, next time I am in Washington
3 night family trip Sep 8, 2013
"Beautiful Central Hotel"
The Jefferson is a beautiful hotel which is supremely clean and very comfortable. Little touches like cherries from the orchard left in your room make it a welcoming place to be. The staff were very polite and helpful. The hotel has a great location, close to two metro stations on the blue and red lines. It is also within a reasonable walking distance of the White House and Washington Monument. A 20 minute walk will also get you to The Lincoln Memorial. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting DC and will definitely stay here again when I'm in DC next.
Other trip Aug 30, 2013
Debbie
"great boutique hotel"
It was an awesome hotel in a great location and i would stay there again anytime
Other trip Apr 7, 2013
"High end hotel"
Outstanding service Good location Nice piano bar Didn't try restaurant
Other trip Sep 13, 2012
"A great hotel - fantastic service, ideal position"
A delightful hotel with a wonderfully welcoming and professional air. The position in DC is perfect - near to everything, but slightly set apart from the hurly burly.
Other trip Aug 23, 2012
"Fabulous Hotel :)"
We have been travelling to the USA for the past 21 years and as you guess, love the place!! This is quite possibly the best hotel I have stayed in. The staff were friendly and attentive, nothing was too much trouble. The room was so luxurious and comfortable. I would definitely recommend and stay again. Thank you Jefferson Hotel, you made our holiday and anniversary a wonderful experience.
Other trip Jul 16, 2012
Bev & Ste

"fantastic hotel..."
one of the best hotel in the world and best restaurant. just fantastic and lovely hotel.
2 night family trip May 15, 2015
sungjin
KR
"Hotel qui tient ses promesses"
Malheureusement ce n'était que pour une nuit, tout était parfait !
Other trip Jun 3, 2014
cam
FR
"Truely a Wonderful five stars hotel"
Truly a wonderful five stars hotel, love the design and decor. Would definitely go back again!
3 night trip Apr 29, 2014
Serena
TW
"Remarquable"
Tout était bien et le personnel est très attentionné
Other trip Feb 11, 2014
Philippe
FR
"Loistava palvelu, erittäin tyylikäs hotelli"
Palvelu oli loistavaa niin hotellissa kuin hotellin ravintoloissa ja spa:ssa. Hotelli on pienehkö, boutique omainen. Hotelli oli vastoin odotuksiamme erittäin lapsiystävällinen, lasta huomioitiin lahjoin ja ystävällisellä palvelulla. Spa:ssa kohtelias palvelu, ravintolassa ja baarissa ruoka erinomaista joskin kallista. Huone siisti ja tyylikäs, eritäin hyvä suihku. Lämpimät suosittelut!
1 night family trip Nov 3, 2013
FI
"Ausgezeichnetes Stadthotel"
Sehr angenehmes gut gelegenes Hotel mit sehenswerter antiker Einrichtung, unbedingt einen Blick in die Bibliothek werfen. Sehr gutes und serviertes Frühstück .
Other trip May 21, 2013
DE
"It's the Jefferson, what else to say"
One of the best hotels in DC
1 night romance trip Oct 11, 2012