All hotels in Washington, District of Columbia, United States of America
1200 16th St NW, Washington, DC, 20036, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.9
    4.9
    4.8
"Loved this hotel!"
My husband and I made last-minute plans for a weekend in DC and found this hotel online. It will be where we stay from now on! It's a wonderful small hotel with incredibly helpful staff. The rooms are so very quiet - even though we overlooked 16th street, we couldn't hear the traffic, and never heard other people or even the heat going on/off. That's rare! Great location, too - a nice walk down to the White House and around the Mall area.
Other trip Dec 9, 2013
"Great Hotel Near Attractions"
I picked The Jefferson based on many other positive reviews. I was not disappointed in our recent stay. The staff was friendly and helpful and the hotel was luxurious and close to many DC attractions.
Other trip Nov 25, 2013
"hotel in the centre"
Air condition was very loud and was now possibility to change it. The air was so dry that I have problems with my contact lenses. Shower only high without tubing -it as not comfortable. No view from the window and the hotel is really expensive, only breakfast a la cart - if you dont like - pay twice
Other trip Nov 19, 2013
valeria
"Our Washington visit"
Excellent hotel, centrally located, super service with corresponding friendly and efficient staff. We would definitely recommend this hotel and will book here again on anther visit. A great find.
2 night family trip Nov 11, 2013
Lady Norma Somers
"4 1/2 Stars: Beautiful, historic, yet modern"
Wonderful staff. When I first arrived, there was a fire alarm test being conducted - not the hotel's fault of course, just one of those inconvenient regulations they have to observe. It was painfully loud, but the receptionist, seeing my discomfort, instantly whipped out a pair of ear plugs for me. I was impressed! It's those little courtesies that make a difference. The rooms are a little on the crowded size and for the price, I would have expected a tub (hence why not a full 5 star rating). They have this nice service of complimentary cider during the day, but for some odd reason, the beverage station is behind the receptionist so you can't just easily help yourself, but have to wait for assistance and even then only if someone isn't being checked-in/out at the time: really didn't like this set-up as it made me feel like a little kid asking his mom for permission for a cookie. Why not just have this in the reading room or on the side table in the hallway? The decor of this hotel has been faithfully restored, but with great modern touches such as in-mirror tvs, business center, nicely equipped fitness center. I wish we had had time to eat at Plume, but did eat breakfast at the Greenhouse which was great (possibly the best prepared bacon, I've ever had) and the dining setting is lovely. I would definitely recommend the Jefferson to a friend.
Other trip Nov 11, 2013
"Expectations were totally exceeded"
From the moment we arrived for our 34th anniversary, we had the best service that we have ever experienced at a first class hotel. From David the concierge (made great suggestions at several restaurants - terrific guy), to Anna at the front desk (was so gracious to help me with my Spanish), Rachel in the bar (just a delight) and the rest of the staff, we only had exceptional service. The room was very quaint, the food at the bar as well as in the Plum for Sunday brunch was terrific. Never did we take a turn in the hotel without someone asking if we needed any assistance. The hotel was also spotless !!!! My wife and I travel a lot and we will always remember the unbelievable experience we had at the Jefferson. All I can say is "priceless".
2 night trip Oct 25, 2013
"Wonderful"
Pleasant , very helpful and attentive staff. Terrific bar and restaurant. Stayed in a lot of hotels this is one of the best.
Other trip Oct 26, 2013
"Phenomenal."
Without a doubt, the Jefferson offered the greatest hotel experience I've yet to experience. The building, staff/service, amenities, culinary offerings and wine cellar's offerings were all well above board. Perfection.
Other trip Oct 25, 2013
"One of Best Hotels in the World!!"
The Jefferson is now on my list of top five hotels I've stayed at in the world (and that list includes the San Domenico Palace in Sicily and Georges V in Paris -- which is just to say, we've stayed at a number of first-rate 5-star hotels). We arrived close to midnight, were treated both like royalty and like family by the impeccably courteous and attentive reception staff, settled into our elegant, very comfortable and beautifully appointed room and truly lavish bathroom (complete with vanity mirror television), and were able to order dinner to our room at 2am -- it was arrived quickly, was delicious and hot. We slept past 1pm but were still allowed to order from the breakfast menu -- two hours past the deadline. We only stayed two nights and did not have time to try the hotel restaurant but plan to try it out along with the attractive piano bar and quiet library, the next time we visit Washington. It's pricey but it would be hard to imagine settling for another hotel after our wonderful stay at the Jefferson.
2 night trip Oct 18, 2013
Carolyn D.
"Great Experience"
The Jefferson was one of the best Hotels we have stayed in. It was like staying at one of the Museums in Washington D.C. If you like Thomas Jefferson and history in general than this hotel will be a great choice. We look forward to returning our next time in the area.
1 night trip Oct 19, 2013
"Nice boutique hotel"
Very small rooms, but well appointed and beautifully decorated. Bathroom was nice sized but wish we had a tub. Overall, a cute hotel...but maybe a little overpriced for the amenities provided. Service was as expected for a 5 star hotel.
2 night trip Oct 7, 2013
"Legendary"
This hotel is the most stylish, charming, immaculate and beautifully run hotel in Washington, DC. I would recommend to anyone in a heartbeat. Suite 212 is a classic.
Other trip Sep 30, 2013
"The Jefferson Hotel -- Five Stars plus"
Upon arrival and throughout our stay (8 days, 7 nights) we received wonderful service and attention. The staff was top notch and the ambiance was excellent. We will definitely stay there again. The food, service, staff, and location were fantastic. Highly recommend to business travelers and those wanting a great place to stay while on vacation or weekend getaway.
Other trip Sep 18, 2013
"The Jefferson combines elegance with comfort."
This is a beautiful hotel and from the moment I stepped through the doors I was taken good care of by all the very friendly and helpful staff. My room was lovely, quiet and comfortably elegant. I enjoyed a massage at the tiny spa and had a great lunch at the Greenhouse and drinks at Quill. I would love to stay at this hotel again!
2 night trip Sep 3, 2013
Trina
"This Historic hotel didn't disappoint!"
Everything about our stay at The Jefferson was first class! Our room was beautiful and comfortable--we didn't want to leave. Breakfast was delicious, and the atmosphere at the Quill bar was warm and inviting. The hotel is in a great location. We will certainly stay again when we return to Washington.
Other trip Aug 18, 2013
Jimmy
"Beautiful Tiny Room"
Beautifully appointed room, but I still can hardly believe that they were able to fit a kingsize bed into that tiny $500 per night space. In fairness, the room size for the price is my sole disappointment. The public spaces were quite lovely and the service highly personal.
2 night business trip Jul 24, 2013
"Great experience"
The hotel is very attuned to detail. It is refreshing in a world where service seems to take a back seat to expedience. Dinner at the Plume restaurant in the hotel was truely a dining experience. The piano player in the bar was both engagaing and entertaining. We always, in the hotel or in the dining or cocktail experience, felt we were among friends and were treated as though we were the most important people in the moment. It comes at a big city price, as would be expected.
4 night trip Jun 5, 2013
Pat
"Best 5 star experience!"
I've stayed at quite a few 4 and 5 star hotels and The Jefferson was one of the best experiences I've ever had. From the time we checked in till the moment we drove away The Jefferson staff made us feel like we were their only guest. I will definitely stay with them again and might even make it an anniversary tradition.
Other trip May 27, 2013
"Where to Stay in DC"
Excellent -
2 night trip May 23, 2013
"Beautiful hotel and superb service"
Excellent hotel, superb service, great hotel, every attention to detail take care of.
Other trip Apr 28, 2013
"A superb, high quality experience."
The hotel features quality amenities, a clean, neat, and well maintained guest room(s) and a hotel staff that is focused on consistently delivering high quality service to guests - everyone from the doormen, to the front desk staff, the dinning staff and the housekeeping staff. All in all the Jefferson Hotel delivers a superb, high quality hotel experience. I will stay there again on future visits to the Wash, DC for both business and pleasure travel with my family.
Other trip Apr 20, 2013
Flash5
"Perfect for the Sophisticated Traveler"
This is a gem of a hotel, in an excellent location, with beautiful decor. The staff -- everyone from the doorman, bellman, registration desk -- were exceptionally courteous and professional. I didn't want to leave! The bar was beautifully appointed, with an expert bartender and impressive bar menu. The Jefferson exudes Old World elegance is a suitable venue for the well-traveled, sophisticated visitor to Washington DC. It also happens to be across the street from a venerable old private DC Club -- the University Club, next to the Russian Embassy, which make the Jefferson very convenient for reciprocal members of the University Club.
Other trip Apr 4, 2013
PH
Very good place. Would recommend. Nice clean, historic.
Other trip Nov 6, 2012
Perfect 10, I'll look forward to going back again.
Other trip Nov 5, 2012
"Great hotel with sophistication."
From check in to check out our stay was perfect. Would definitely stay there again. Everything was great!
Other trip Oct 22, 2012
"Weekend stay at The Jefferson, Washington DC"
The rooms at Jefferson are a bit small but that is to be expected from a hotel located right in the heart of downtown DC. The quality of the rooms and the size/quality of the bathrooms more than make up. Excellent stay overall. Staff was very courteous.
Other trip Sep 26, 2012
"Excellent experience"
First I would just like to say that the Jefferson exceeded my expectations with regards to attention to detail and overall satisfaction with our stay. I planned a nice little getaway for my wife and I to celebrate our 9th anniversary. I mentioned this in passing to the front desk when I booked the reservation. And to both our delite they really listened. When we arrived for the actual date they not only upgraded us to a larger suite (free of charge) but had champagne and chocolate covered strawberries waiting for us. To be quite honest we werent expecting much because we didnt make a big deal about the anniversary it was just mentioned during conversation. They also left us some very nice personalized notes from the management team. These little touches really sold us on the Jefferson. The hotel itself is very nice warm and inviting. It has a somewhat historic feel to it, which is what they were going for in honor of Thomas Jefferson of course. It's a nice tribute to Americana. The reading room was inviting and cozy and the room was well situateed. Overall it was a very pleasing stay and one which we would certainly repeat again and again.
Romance trip Sep 11, 2012
Miguel F
"Great hotel but not the greates area"
Loved the suite but would not have been happy with a regular room as they are very small and over priced for what you get. The suites, are absolutley lovely, however. The service was well above average.
Other trip Aug 14, 2012
"Perfect"
A very pleasant experience. The concierge, Lynn, was among the best I have ever met. Can't go wrong by staying here.
Other trip Jul 28, 2012
Jay
"Amazing"
One of the nicest hotels I have stayed in. Staff was amazing food great. Can't wait to find a reason to stay again
Other trip Jul 16, 2012
Adam

"Pleasant stay"
Everything was super!
4 night business trip Feb 21, 2015
Michiel
"A classic"
An outstanding hotel with exquisite service.
1 night business trip Mar 7, 2015
"Comfortable hotel"
Good quality hotel in central location accessible to most tourist areas
Other trip Dec 12, 2014
Graeme
"Fabulous all round"
Great hotel with superb service. They go the extra mile to make your stay a total pleasure.
3 night family trip Jul 14, 2014
Michos65
"Excellent hotel, good location"
Stayed at the Jefferson on a part business part leisure break. The hotel is a mile or so north of the White House but on a street that isn't a through road, so the traffic was modest and quiet. The room was modest in size but comfortable and well equipt. All in all a good start and we will certainly be back in future.
Other trip Apr 30, 2014
kcrane
"Nice hotel but too far from most things"
The hotel has a great boutique feel to it and wonderful staff but it's 2km from the Mall so a bit inconvenient. A fair bit of traffic noise...
Other trip Apr 5, 2014
"Snow in DC did not spoil the experience."
Great hotel. Great staff. Very good restaurant, but pricy.
Other trip Mar 7, 2014
"Disappointing"
Hotel staff were not friendly. We were told on check-in that our room was not ready. I asked if any other rooms were available. I was told no. I asked that my bags be kept. No offer of use of the restroom was made. I had to enquire. I was coming off a long flight. Then i enquired roughly was time the room would be ready. I was rudely told that check-in was at 15h00. I asked whether any rooms in other catagories were available as I would be happy to pay the price difference. It was only then that I was accommodated for an extra 35 dollars. I didn't mind the extra fee, but i minded the fact that i had to prize this information from the clerk, who had to ask her supervisor. This was ridiculous as it felt that the staff had no interest in accommodating us. We were not shown the ammenities of the hotel. Terrible service, the staff seemed very unconcerned with guests. When we got to the room, the toilet was not working. Had to get somebody to sort it out after we called the front desk. I was very disappointed with this hotel. Booked it due to the ratings, but mypersonal experience was far from that.
1 night romance trip Dec 28, 2013
Kanhai
ZA
A very nice hotel, servcie is great and the concierge service is excellent. However, the air conditioning in the rooms is noisy and the rooms are a bit on the small side even though we stayed in a deluxe. Other than ac noise would have been a 5.
Other trip Dec 1, 2013
"Old world atmosphere"
There is a sense of calm and tranquility that was appealing after a busy day's work. Staff were very attentive. Small, dark but atmospheric bar. Space generally is at a premium. Room comfortable with big deep bath and fresh linen daily. Niggles - promised paper never delivered and 'gym' is tiny (although complementary full service facilities are available off-site).
Other trip Nov 11, 2013
"Gerry good location, great staff"
I was very pleased to stay here. We had 4 nights before moving to another hotel for a couple of nights and wished we had stayed at the Jefferson and not moved. Staff are very polite and attentive. The Ambience is classy without being too OTT I will make this my base next time I'm in DC
Other trip Nov 3, 2013
MG
"Top Notch in all respects"
It was perfect in all regards. The rooms were very nice and comfortable and the staff was amazing.
4 night family trip Oct 4, 2013
very, very pleasant. I will stay again at the Jefferson, next time I am in Washington
3 night family trip Sep 8, 2013
"Beautiful Central Hotel"
The Jefferson is a beautiful hotel which is supremely clean and very comfortable. Little touches like cherries from the orchard left in your room make it a welcoming place to be. The staff were very polite and helpful. The hotel has a great location, close to two metro stations on the blue and red lines. It is also within a reasonable walking distance of the White House and Washington Monument. A 20 minute walk will also get you to The Lincoln Memorial. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting DC and will definitely stay here again when I'm in DC next.
Other trip Aug 30, 2013
Debbie
"great boutique hotel"
It was an awesome hotel in a great location and i would stay there again anytime
Other trip Apr 7, 2013
"High end hotel"
Outstanding service Good location Nice piano bar Didn't try restaurant
Other trip Sep 13, 2012
"A great hotel - fantastic service, ideal position"
A delightful hotel with a wonderfully welcoming and professional air. The position in DC is perfect - near to everything, but slightly set apart from the hurly burly.
Other trip Aug 23, 2012
"Fabulous Hotel :)"
We have been travelling to the USA for the past 21 years and as you guess, love the place!! This is quite possibly the best hotel I have stayed in. The staff were friendly and attentive, nothing was too much trouble. The room was so luxurious and comfortable. I would definitely recommend and stay again. Thank you Jefferson Hotel, you made our holiday and anniversary a wonderful experience.
Other trip Jul 16, 2012
Bev & Ste

"한번쯤 묵어볼만한.."
굉장히 미국 같은 분위기였습니다 오래된 만큼 객실 크기는 작은 편이었으나 직원들은 매우 친절하였습니다. 주차 공간은 매우 부족해보였습니다. 하지만 위치는 매우 좋았습니다
1 night family trip May 18, 2015
sangyool
KR
"fantastic hotel..."
one of the best hotel in the world and best restaurant. just fantastic and lovely hotel.
2 night family trip May 15, 2015