All hotels in San Diego, California, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here2223 El Cajon Blvd, San Diego, CA, 92104, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"4 Stars"
Beautiful, historic, and about 15 minutes from downtown/beaches/Old Town/Zoo etc. Poolside rooms are great! Comfortable beds, hot showers, bleach clean linens and room. Modern renovations stayed close to the historic feel of the hotel. Wonderful customer service and friendly people. A little higher in price but was a great stay.
2 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
"Cute hotel"
In town for a wedding. Hotel was convenient, affordable and very cute. The hotel is fun and charming. The room itself was unremarkable. comfortable enough, and clean.
1 night romance trip Feb 7, 2015
"Another relaxing stay at the Lafayette Hotel"
This was my second stay at the hotel in 3 months. I stayed for 19 days in November and then for 5 days this vacation. The hotel is very convenient to all the places I need to be. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The beds are very comfortable. We stayed in the manor and didn't have any problems with noise. I like the old vibe atmosphere with the old photos all around. They have 2 restaurants on-site. We have enjoyed breakfast and lunch at Hope 46. I will be going back in April for another 5 day stay.
4 night family trip Feb 9, 2015
"Just convenient"
Fair pricing, beautiful all around, clean, comfortable. I would plan on staying here any time I go back to SD.
Rich
"Great location!"
We loved it here! We needed a hotel near the zoo and the location was perfect! We booked a 2 bedroom suite and were upgraded to a 3 bedroom that was great. It was like staying in a condo almost like it was detached from the hotel. We even had our own parking spot. Definitely a hit and will stay here always!!
babyjell
"Valentines disappointment"
The room was overpriced because it was February 14. Noisy neighborhood could only be quieted with a noisy air conditioner. The air in the room was masked with a sickening floral scent and we were greeted with a smokey scent in the hallway first thing in the morning. Very eclectic clientele and neighborhood. Would not stay there again.
1 night family trip Feb 14, 2015
"Happy kids = Happy Parents"
Fantastic for families. The Suxe Suite was fantastic for my large family. Two bathrooms made getting ready a breeze. The kids were happy and so were we.
1 night business trip Feb 12, 2015
Gabriel
Nostalgic decor with an old world charm................
Other trip Feb 15, 2015
"Needs updated wi fi"
Great hotel!! Wi-fi is very weak.
2 night business trip Feb 4, 2015
"Convenient stay in North Park"
Nostalgic hotel decor, convenient to North Park activites.
Other trip Feb 11, 2015
"Wow, didn't expect this!"
Okay, so I'm all about retro and the kitsch, but these guys took it to another level; at least comfort-wise.I showed up expecting a normal room or bungalow—as they call it, and was instantly upgraded to a house. A 2-story Catalina-style apartment with 2 charmingly-decorated bedrooms with all the nuances one would never expect from paying what I did. Sydney was exceptionally helpful and informative and I couldn't imagine anyone doing a better job accommodating their guests. Do yourselves a favor people, and visit this inviting little hamlet and indulge… Pretty people in the pool, too!!
1 night trip with friends Feb 7, 2015
Nathan
"Great bargin for the price"
Pleased with restaurant access and overall experience
Other trip Feb 11, 2015
"A flashback to the past..."
Very nice hotel. A flashback to the years of yesteryear. Loved the swimming pool but my kids and fiancée thought it was too cold. We didn't have neighbors until the last night of our stay and noticed the walls are paper thin. Overall a great stay!
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
"Pleasant stay at a quirky hotel"
Staff was extremely friendly and upgraded us to a larger room on check in because my wife was so nice. Ample underground parking and a nice restaurant / bar with a good craft beer selection. Room was clean and the bed was comfortable. It is evident that the building, facilities and room fixtures are older, but they are mostly well maintained. Our room was facing El Cajon Blvd, so there was a bit of road noise, but after many drinks I barely noticed and drifted off to sleep.
Trevor
"Was...ok"
Room was dusty, bathroom floor was really dirty and carpet in our room was wet.... Bed was very comfortable and overall hotel was nice.
rhonda
"Lafayette Hotel"
had a great time - staff was wonderful!
2 night romance trip Feb 5, 2015
"Pleasant hotel in the Anaheim area."
Nice little place -- nothing out of the ordinary. Close to a fairly busy strip with restaurants, shopping, etc. Nice pool/patio area. Free basic breakfast (cereal, muffins, etc.)
GarrettW
"Lafayette"
Great hotel. Wi fi was very weak
3 night business trip Jan 19, 2015
"Cool Pool in February"
Everything was lovely. I enjoyed the pool even though it was cold. Loved the atrium area in the morning. The one night (Saturday)we tried to get a night cap at the Hope 46 bar the bartenders (there were 4 people ) ignored the whole left hand side of the bar for more than 20 minutes. We finally left.
6 night romance trip Jan 30, 2015
Catherine
"Decent place"
No fridge or microwave. May be appealing to hipsters.
Jon
"Wonderfully Accomodating"
Our plans changed a day or two before we arrived, and so we needed to change our room from a single King to a double queen. They didn't have any of those available, and so upgraded us to a family suite at no extra cost. When we arrived, we needed the earliest check in available as we had a baby with us (who desperately needed a nap) and we were able to check in at 11am, no problems. The staff was so kind about everything, and made us feel so welcome. This is the hotel we will stay in EVERY time we are in San Diego. Absolutely wonderful. The room was clean and spacious, but by far my favorite was the welcome binder (which is often rather worthless) was instead filled with excellent recommendations for shopping and delivery options. Which we hardly had to use because the in hotel restaurant was absolutely delicious.
Valerie
"Needs a makeover"
We did not stay. Room was decrepit. Nothing more to add
Jody
"Not Business Class but affordable"
Howdy, On 2/1/2015 stayed 4 nights at $119 per night while downtown Gas Light District hotels were over $250 per night. Everything in the Lafayette Hotel was 3 stars or above EXCEPT the WiFi throughout the hotel and in my room and for every guest I chatted with was unusable or non-existent. The one breakfast I had was poor. Other than that, it's an affordable option with taxi service running $15-$18 per trip to downtown. Yet, I wouldn't stay here again. The taxi drivers all pointed me to similar priced hotels within walking distance to downtown. Next time I'll fly in and ask the taxi driver where to stay. Me.
4 night business trip Feb 1, 2015
Sasha
"A good economical place to stay"
Overall a very nice place to stay for the money. The elevators and the heater for the pool were not working during my stay. Most of the electrical outlets in the room did not work. The hotel staff is great very helpful, professional and friendly. This was my fourth stay here and I will continue to stay at the hotel when in San Diego
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
"Great place"
We had a great time!!
1 night family trip Jan 28, 2015
Jill
It was very nice and stay was very friendly . The room was very nice and ready for a great stay .
Other trip Jan 31, 2015
"poolside room"
Nice hotel. Doesn't have the hot tub I thought it did, but the pool was great.
4 night trip with friends Jan 22, 2015
Good value for what we paid. Cool hotel lobby, cafe and pool area. My only gripes are that the room was on the front and a bit noisy due to street noise and the bathroom was very austere with little room to put anything. Staff was extremely friendly. Overall good experience.
Other trip Jan 30, 2015
"Excellent hotel next to great places to eat"
Took a family trip to the San Diego Zoo and found this hotel as it is very close to the zoo. The hotel is beautiful and we had a poolside room overlooking the courtyard/pool which made the stay even better. It is located next to a bunch of places to eat and we chose pizza Luigi's. It advertised the best slice in San Diego, and it delivered! My kids had a blast. The room was comfortable, the staff was excellent, and the neighborhood felt really safe as we walked all around. In the morning when I checked out the staff told me to grab some coupons before heading to the zoo, which I did, and saved some money. I would have loved a mini fridge in the room as I have kids and keeping medicine/food/drinks cold for them would have been outstanding. But overall no complaints at all. Thanks!
1 night family trip Jan 24, 2015
James J
"Very nice and reasonably priced."
Reserved one night stayed for three! Great staff, clean room lots of character!
Other trip Jan 29, 2015
Marc
"Winter Trip!"
Specially like the Rocking chair in the rooms!
2 night romance trip Jan 24, 2015
clean rooms, good staff. The neighborhood is not the best.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
"Palm Springs/Old Hollywood charm in North Park"
Beautiful old Hollywood styled hotel. My girlfriend and I were traveling from Palm Springs and wanted a place that felt like home. The Laffeyete fit the bill in more ways than one. The lobby and pool area seem recently renovated and it showed. It was too chilly to swim which is a shame because the 9ft pool looked like an amazing swim. The night we stayed they had live music downstairs and a fully stocked bar with an impressive cocktail menu. The suite room we got felt very homely and was well appointed. Parking is ample as well. For the rate we got and looking at compromble rooms in the area it was a steal.
1 night romance trip Jan 18, 2015
"Yes!"
Charming older hotel - beautifully updated and retains some of its old-school ambiance. A lovely little oasis in old uptown.
2 night family trip Jan 17, 2015
Sheryl
"Historic San Diego Hotel"
A unique, historical hotel experience, near Balboa Park. Visit the Auto Museum and Train store on Park Blvd. within walking distance from hotel. Front desk help was great.
2 night family trip Jan 2, 2015
Philip
"Guest"
Cool place but could use some updating. Wi fi is weak. People are great.
3 night business trip Jan 12, 2015
"Nice San Diego Hotel."
Stayed in a suite, and the second room had blackout drapes, however they did not have the side curtains, so the sun still was coming into the room early in the morning. If they could make sure they had side curtains in both rooms, I think the hotel is a great place to stay. Really close to San Diego Zoo and not too bad from SeaWorld San Diego.
2 night family trip Jan 12, 2015
"HOTEL was close to where I needed to go every day"
I liked the old world unpretentious atmosphere. What I didn't like was the fire alarm going off for an hour on a Saturday night for no apparent reason.
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
"Great vibe"
Loved the 50/s style of hotel with room overlooking pool and palms . After spending the night in a ground floor room pool side and loathing the smell from smokers . It is a non smokers room . Even our towels stank . They kindly moved us to an upper floor which I would recommend to others . Very fun overlooking the enormous Johnny Weismuller designer pool . A great fun place to stay on the Boulevard if you have a car . Staff were very nice . Good off street parking . Safe neighbourhood but not a down town location if that's what you want . Just a great bit of Holywood California movie star lifestyle .
2 night family trip Nov 27, 2014
barbara
"Picture This"
Old world decor, nestled in a venerable neighborhood of San Diego that has seen a reemergence in business. Monolithic pillars adorn the entrance, and weathered photographs of yesteryear align the walls. For TCM lovers, this is sort of a reverie of ethereal coolness. Ava Gardner slept here, for Pete's sake. Aside from the hotel's proud historical background, they have refurbished a restaurant and bar and kept their flagship pool in elegant condition. The crowd is relatively young, though not idiotic, so you don't feel like you're getting asphyxiated by a frat house. The old-timey Red Fox Steakhouse, located adjacent to the hotel, is rad for classic cocktails and date nights. And if you're not into that, you can waltz across the street for amazing Russian food or ridiculously good BBQ. Everything is a stone's throw, which makes drinking accessible and safe. The prices are fair at the hotel, especially considering how well they upkeep their grounds. Def recommend for couples.
1 night romance trip Jan 12, 2015
"It's my "go-to" hotel for a relaxing get away!"
From checkin to checkout, I always have the best customer service
Other trip Jan 16, 2015
"Great adventure into the past"
I read recently that one should never do anything unless it can be made into a story. We chose this hotel because we have had great experiences with other older hotels. They are part of history and have a story to tell.. We were fascinated with the story behind the hotel. We also were delighted to see that it had not been remodeled to look like modern hotels. We got some great pictures!
Other trip Jan 16, 2015
Phyllis
"Still a Starlet! A+"
The Hotel staff was very helpful and accommodating. The room exceeded my expectations. We had the family suite which was extremely spacious with a huge outdoor patio. It had a lovely fireplace and a comfortable living room with upgrades such as flat screen tv's in both rooms and down bedding. The Red Fox lounge had great service and food as well. We ended up extending our stay twice.
1 night romance trip Jan 8, 2015
Francine
"Concerning"
I left after I checked into my poolside room (43) just two hours after arriving. The heating system in my room was broken and not working and called 3 times to have this repaired or simply move to a room with working heat. After several attempts failed to have the hotel staff try a correct the problem, I decided to look further into why the unit was not working and as I was looking at the electrical outlet where the unit was plugged into I discovered a den of spiders and immediately left just before 10pm the same day. While I brought this to the attention of the hotel it is apparent that no one followed up because following my departure from the Lafayette and into a downtown hotel, no one called or followed up with me and due to the rate being a goof value decided to just let the $107.00 go.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
"Love the quaint boutique hotel atmosphere."
Quiet, convenient. Would have liked to stay longe. Ate supper at the restaurant which was good. Easy check in and out. Will definitely return if back in the San Diego area.
Other trip Jan 11, 2015
kathy
"The location of the hotel is ideal!"
The staff is great but the hotel is old and therefore loud and bright. Towels and mattresses are about due to be replaced- stained towels and saggy mattresses. Check in was super easy and I needed to check out early and the staff was great. When ongoing construction woke me up very early one morning, the staff brought me a set of complimentary earplugs and an eye mask. I would stay there again- but this time I would go for a bungalow.
Other trip Jan 11, 2015
"Great Hotel Experience"
An excellent choice.
1 night romance trip Jan 5, 2015
TIANJIAN
"Staycation"
Was a perfect satiation for my girlfriend and I. Comfortable and clean.
1 night romance trip Jan 3, 2015
Christopher
"Excellent Stay"
The hotel is really good. I loved the stay. Though I taught the breakfast menu can have more varieties may be for vegetarians. Also the rooms should either a small fridge or oven.
3 night trip with friends Dec 27, 2014
"Weekend getaway"
I went for a weekend getaway with the boys. Enjoyed the proximity of the hotel to a lot of locations as well as the hotel itself. Would definitely stay again.
1 night trip with friends Jan 3, 2015