All hotels in San Diego, California, United States of America
2223 El Cajon Blvd, San Diego, CA, 92104, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Great place for a fun wedding!"
I booked two nights at the Lafayette Hotel for our wedding. The hotel itself is very nice and cosmopolitan. It's got a great pool area, fun bar, and a very upscale feel. The staff was friendly and helpful (Thanks Meme!). The room opened right onto the pool area and would be a great place for a fun pool party. Other family members stayed at the other types of rooms, and all were very nice. I really enjoyed the experience.
2 night romance trip May 15, 2015
Our stay at the Lafayette was great! It was our first time visiting San Diego, and upon telling the staff that, they were quick to make recommendations of local restaurants and bars to check out. Every time we visited the front desk, everyone was very polite and helpful. The suite that we stayed in was very spacious, the room was cleaned daily and always felt refreshing when we would come back from our busy days. The feel of the hotel was very retro, but it has been remodeled and maintained very well to be competitive with other hotels out there. The only thing that was a bit inconvenient was the noise level - this is perhaps something I should have considered due to the age of the hotel, there was a lot of street noise and also noise from our neighboring rooms. We could certainly tolerate it, but I'm sure some would find it more annoying.
3 night romance trip May 12, 2015
"Fun, historical, clean"
Our family visit to Lafayette was so great! We had a great time and the staff was so helpful and quick to respond. They made us feel at home. I would stay here every time I visited San Diego!
Other trip May 16, 2015
marcee
"Unique hotel is great part of town"
Vising family we wanted to be located near Balboa Park. Nice older facility, plain but very clean and well maintained. Enthusiastic and helpful staff. Centrally located and near freeway access. North Park has a lot of great dining options.
Other trip May 13, 2015
The room was under furnished. There were no movie options available (pay per view or free) The carpet needed replacing. After taking a shower the drain backed up filling the bottom of the tub with gross filth. The hair dryer had what appeared to be blood on it. We were quickly put in another room, the staff was quite accommodating and comped us for two breakfasts. However, I would not stay there again as I expect a higher level of comfort in a hotel.
Other trip May 13, 2015
":)"
Loved this place, nice rooms great restraints and nice staff
3 night trip Apr 25, 2015
elizabeth
"AMAZING"
It is a beautiful hotel. Very old school Hollywood. Very unique. The restuarant there served an amzing brunch. Definitely worth another trip when the weather is warm so that way the pool can be utilized. GREAT PLACE TO STAY
1 night romance trip May 8, 2015
"Cardboard walls"
Rented a two bedroom bungalow for a week. I was woken up from 1am-4am by the people in the next bungalow for the first three nights. The walls are rediculously thin. When I complained the third night, the staff and security were prompt and professional. Peaceful the next four nights! Cute place just loud.
Other trip May 10, 2015
"The Lafayette Hotel"
Loved the hotel and the pool, the staff was very helpful and nice.Room was very clean and I loved the balcony overlooking the pool! Would have been even better if parking was free!!
5 night family trip Apr 26, 2015
"Great Spot to stay - very nice experience."
The atmosphere is charming and quaint. Love the bar and restaurant, and the patio. The rooms are nice, although the AC was slow to cool off the room. But very pleasant and enjoyable. The Red Fox bar is great for a nightcap too.
Other trip May 6, 2015
Karyn
"POOL PARTY!"
Checked in on a Sunday and found that the hotel was hosting a pool party with DJ music from 11 to 5. It was ok but if I had planned anything like a nap or quiet time by the pool forget it. I had a pool side room which I really like with the double doors. The hotel was trying to make money which I applaud but I could see someone not happy about the noise and crowd some drunk. A word of warning when thinking of booking check their schedule as far as pool activities. Still really like this hotel.
1 night business trip May 3, 2015
"Excellent value!"
I was looking for an inexpensive place for a guys weekend and took a chance with The Lafayette. Glad we did. The room was clean and comfortable, easy parking and close enough to the gaslamp district without paying an arm and a leg, about $9-$10 using Uber. Saturdays they have a pool party, including a DJ, that was a lot of fun, don't miss it.
3 night trip with friends Apr 30, 2015
Travis
"Fun and romantic getaway"
The Lafayette was not only a beautiful property, but had a lot of character as well. It was wonderful staying in a poolside room, and being able to go back and forth between the pool and room quickly. The staff here is wonderful, and delivered the best customer service I've ever received in a hotel! We plan to come back to stay at the Lafayette as soon as possible!
2 night romance trip May 1, 2015
Ashley
"Lap swim pool designed by Tarzan"
Chose this hotel for the pool and it was nice and I enjoyed being able to lap swim before the pool got busy with the other guest who were there to enjoy the pool for entertainment. The hotel is old but well kept. I stayed in a pool side first floor room with double doors that helped the room be bright and airy. There is a small area with a vanity with lots of light and three mirrors. I really enjoyed my stay the vintage of the hotel and the size. Definitely better than most of the cookie cutter franchise hotels in the same price range. Mission Hills is a nice neighborhood.
2 night business trip Apr 30, 2015
"We love the Lafayette !!"
We loved this place!! Everyone on the staff was amazingly helpful and friendly!! The pool was amazing! The restaurant was great. Wish we could've stayed longer!! Good central location.
2 night romance trip Apr 30, 2015
cory
"Best hotel ever?"
Everything about this place is amazing - from the pool designed by Johnny Weismuller to the Red Fox bar to the calypso music to the staff and everything else. It's awesome.
1 night romance trip Apr 30, 2015
Matthew
"GREAT Time at the Lafayette"
Great location. The AFTERNOON / EVENING front desk personnel were TREMENDOUS ... we inquired about dining recommendations and all four times they guided us to WONDERFUL restaurants! Kudos! We thought the location was perfect base for our sightseeing, dining and shopping! We loved the place.
4 night romance trip Apr 23, 2015
"Historic, older hotel, good location."
Moderately priced hotel, built in the mid 40's has a shabby sheik styled lobby, great bar and restaurant, friendly service, and great pool. Little noisy, especially if your on street side. Rooms are spacious, no fridge. Parking was $8 a night. Metro is a short walk. Easy to get downtown.
Other trip May 1, 2015
Russ
"LA to SD"
Myself, my girlfriend, and another couple stayed in the suite with the bunk bed in one room and king size bed in the other. Doors created enough privacy to where we could barely hear the other room's TV. Hotel was only 3 minutes from Soda&Swine/Polite Provisions which is a great place to eat and drink on a weekday/weekend night.
1 night trip with friends Apr 23, 2015
Christopher
"Great place with kids"
We stayed here with our 4 year old son. The first night by the pool in a double room was noisy, and the pool is a bit more of a party atmosphere. We told the front desk, and they moved us to a two bedroom suite complete with a bunk-bed in the second room. This was just off of the pool and much quieter. The staff is great, the rooms are nothing fancy by very clean and very comfortable and tastefully decorated. Also the pool is awesome. Would recommend highly!
Other trip Apr 29, 2015
Theo
Staff went out of their way to make us feel comfortable. Great nostolgic atmosphere. Very relaxing.
Other trip Apr 26, 2015
"This hotel has "It"!"
This is a great Hotel. It has character and style that many hotels lack. The staff are always great. Whenever I know that I'm going to be in town, I try and book here.
2 night business trip Apr 21, 2015
Stephen
"Comfortable"
We loved the hotel. Room very clean and comfortable. Bed and shower first rate. We liked the funky neighborhood--especially the Russian and East African restaurants. Judy Kany
3 night family trip Apr 18, 2015
Judy
"Nice little hotel in San Diego"
We stayed at the Lafayette for my sister's bachelorette. We had a two room bungalow and really like the layout. The room had cups/plates/silverware and a full sized refrigerator. I stayed in the king bed and it was really comfortable. Everyone who worked at the hotel was extremely nice. I don't think I have ever had such great customer service. when we checked in the front desk attendant asked why we were staying and when I told her that it was a bachelorette party she automatically gave me a late checkout. The bartenders at the Hope cafe were extremely nice and friendly. The wifi was basically non-existent so they should either upgrade their wifi or not offer it at all. All in all we had a great stay and would definitely be back.
2 night trip with friends Apr 17, 2015
Sandra
"Great Service"
Meme was great. I enjoyed the hotel and the customer service of all the staff on which I had interactions with. I would definitely stay again.
2 night trip Apr 15, 2015
Nena
"Lafayette Hotel"
enjoyed the pool. Was there for a concert. The locals that stayed at there are pretty sketchy.
1 night trip with friends Apr 17, 2015
"OK except for road noise"
The room was fine except for the fact that one morning I did not have hot water and the road noise from El Cajon Boulevard was quite loud.
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
"great place for its money"
Great location. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Clean and great for the rate. Def will go stay there again
2 night trip Apr 15, 2015
sandy
"Well worth the money"
My girlfriend and I were staying in San Diego for a few days and the stay was great, the room was clean, the bathroom was clean, ac worked great. Excellent stay
Other trip Apr 14, 2015
kyle
"Charming and Clean but Noisy Neighbors"
We were told we were in a room with a view. It was room 53. It was actually a hallway view where if you looked out patio door there was a gate to the pool. It turned out to be a bad thing to be by the pool. It was noisy with people coming and going all afternoon. Our entry door faced parking lot and bungalows and the bungalow residents were noisy and opening and shutting doors and talking late at night. Overall I think requesting a room that is far away from pool/bungalows would have been preferable. At the very least know that this hotel although charming with its Sinatra vintage feel and very clean has thin walls and you will need earplugs or headphones to get a good night's sleep. Esp if you are like me and adjusting to Pacific time from central and ready to go to bed at 9:30 pm. It was noisy until 11-12 am.
2 night family trip Apr 10, 2015
"Lafayette Hotel"
The Lafayette is an amazing hotel, not in a touristy area. Close to great breweries and restaurants that are not as pricey as downtown. Great vegan options close by. Great neighborhood for walking/running. We felt very safe. Hotel staff were amazingly helpful about things to do and ways to get around. I would definitely stay here again.
6 night family trip Apr 5, 2015
"Good Rooms, but tiny."
Room was very clean. But, very small for a family of 4 with two beds. Even sink was tiny. All the water would spill on the floor. Bathroom had no exhaust fan.
4 night family trip Apr 6, 2015
Pandu
"Great vibes... Nicest staff!"
I would highly recommend this hotel.
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
Brownie Beaxh
"Lafayette review"
The staff were very accommodating. Room was nice & basic - had a suite for 5. Location was away from downtown but easy to get to. Geared more towards adults, not kids. Great Hollywood history revolving around the hotel.
2 night family trip Apr 4, 2015
"Great room for our family"
This is a very charming hotel. The staff was great and the room was very clean despite the age.
1 night family trip Apr 5, 2015
"Good place. Expected more...."
For the price of the hotel the amenities should have been higher. Cleaned OK. But should have been vaccumed daily.
Other trip Apr 7, 2015
"Business conference"
In San Diego for a well-attended conference that limited the locations to stay. I located this property and made my reservations without expecting anything special. My experience was exceptional and I am looking forward to my next stay. The property is charming and the staff exceptional. Well worth my daily three mile drive to and from the downtown business district.
4 night business trip Mar 30, 2015
Stephen
"Family Trip"
Despite its age, the hotel was very clean and looked classy. Great service upon check in. The woman at the hotel was very nice and helpful. Pool was also nice. Breakfast was great at the restaurant! Three negatives: 1. We have kids and we kept them quiet once in the room, especially at night. Wish I could say the same for the rude people next door. Kept us up until after midnight each night but we didn't complain so can't really blame the hotel. 2. No in room fridge. Even the small one would have been helpful. We brought some stuff with us that had to be thrown away because we couldn't keep it cold. 3. The surrounding neighborhood was not very nice. Didn't feel safe walking around the hotel with the kids in tow. After the first time walking around we realized there was no where worth walking to anyways. Ended up driving to the Gaslamp district or Mission Bay where it was cleaner.
3 night family trip Mar 30, 2015
Jeremy
Had a great time. Staff was friendly. Pool was great. Great location with easy access to lots of San Diego attractions
Other trip Apr 3, 2015
"Lovely Vintage Hotel"
Check in was a breeze, the staff were friendly and helpful, and the decor charming. The location is very convenient to visit the many wonderful sights of San Diego. The pool is great, always at 78 degrees. We will be staying here on our next visit.
vallane
"nice little gem"
Amazing place, amazing stay, all smiles. At first you would think it's not going to be all that great but then turns out pretty amazing and great place
2 night family trip Mar 23, 2015
Christopher
"Pleasant Stay!"
Water pressure in shower was quite weak, otherwise the room was great. Hotel is on a busy street, so there was too much noise. BUT it did quiet down at night. Despite these two issues, we loved the hotel. Much character, nice restaurant off the lobby. Terrific bar downstairs. Staff very helpful. We will stay there again!
2 night family trip Mar 24, 2015
Christine
"Fantastic staff"
The staff was excellent. They let us check in 2 hours early since our plane got in at an earlier time than check-in. They were very friendly when we arrived, and were full of great suggestions for food and fun in the surrounding area. Would definitely stay here again :)
Other trip Mar 28, 2015
CLG
"best experience ever."
This was the best decision to stay at the Lafayette hotel! The staff was incredible, the hotel was beautiful, the location was perfect. I will return again!! The food was amazing, the pool was fantastic. If I could rate it higher I would.
4 night family trip Mar 21, 2015
Cassie
"Very fun hotel!"
A great get-away right in the urban area of San Diego. The pool was beautiful and so relaxing! The food is excellent!
Other trip Mar 25, 2015
"Fun place"
Great Staff and the hotel is very charming!
1 night business trip Mar 18, 2015
RCA Wealth
"Great bday weekend stay"
First time staying at this hotel and we will definitely come back! Upon arrival, asked if any bungalows were available so that we could upgrade from a regular room. Staff was extremely kind and helpful. We absolutely loved the bungalow and enjoyed the hotel's decor and layout.
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
"Unique, but not relaxing."
The room was a decent size, but the atmosphere was extremely loud. There was an interactive play taking place the entire weekend which meant large groups of people were constantly outside our window.
2 night romance trip Mar 20, 2015
"Love the pool and bungalow"
Birthday party and friends in town.
1 night trip with friends Mar 14, 2015
"Nice hotel."
Old but clean. Extremely noisy, as we were put right over the bar below. Charge for parking was a put-off. Not many good restaurants nearby. Hotel restaurant OK.
Other trip Mar 20, 2015