All hotels in San Diego, California, United States of America
2223 El Cajon Blvd, San Diego, CA, 92104, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"OK except for road noise"
The room was fine except for the fact that one morning I did not have hot water and the road noise from El Cajon Boulevard was quite loud.
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
"great place for its money"
Great location. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Clean and great for the rate. Def will go stay there again
2 night trip Apr 15, 2015
sandy
"Well worth the money"
My girlfriend and I were staying in San Diego for a few days and the stay was great, the room was clean, the bathroom was clean, ac worked great. Excellent stay
Other trip Apr 14, 2015
kyle
"Charming and Clean but Noisy Neighbors"
We were told we were in a room with a view. It was room 53. It was actually a hallway view where if you looked out patio door there was a gate to the pool. It turned out to be a bad thing to be by the pool. It was noisy with people coming and going all afternoon. Our entry door faced parking lot and bungalows and the bungalow residents were noisy and opening and shutting doors and talking late at night. Overall I think requesting a room that is far away from pool/bungalows would have been preferable. At the very least know that this hotel although charming with its Sinatra vintage feel and very clean has thin walls and you will need earplugs or headphones to get a good night's sleep. Esp if you are like me and adjusting to Pacific time from central and ready to go to bed at 9:30 pm. It was noisy until 11-12 am.
2 night family trip Apr 10, 2015
"Lafayette Hotel"
The Lafayette is an amazing hotel, not in a touristy area. Close to great breweries and restaurants that are not as pricey as downtown. Great vegan options close by. Great neighborhood for walking/running. We felt very safe. Hotel staff were amazingly helpful about things to do and ways to get around. I would definitely stay here again.
6 night family trip Apr 5, 2015
"Good Rooms, but tiny."
Room was very clean. But, very small for a family of 4 with two beds. Even sink was tiny. All the water would spill on the floor. Bathroom had no exhaust fan.
4 night family trip Apr 6, 2015
Pandu
"Great vibes... Nicest staff!"
I would highly recommend this hotel.
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
Brownie Beaxh
"Lafayette review"
The staff were very accommodating. Room was nice & basic - had a suite for 5. Location was away from downtown but easy to get to. Geared more towards adults, not kids. Great Hollywood history revolving around the hotel.
2 night family trip Apr 4, 2015
"Great room for our family"
This is a very charming hotel. The staff was great and the room was very clean despite the age.
1 night family trip Apr 5, 2015
"Good place. Expected more...."
For the price of the hotel the amenities should have been higher. Cleaned OK. But should have been vaccumed daily.
Other trip Apr 7, 2015
"Business conference"
In San Diego for a well-attended conference that limited the locations to stay. I located this property and made my reservations without expecting anything special. My experience was exceptional and I am looking forward to my next stay. The property is charming and the staff exceptional. Well worth my daily three mile drive to and from the downtown business district.
4 night business trip Mar 30, 2015
Stephen
"Family Trip"
Despite its age, the hotel was very clean and looked classy. Great service upon check in. The woman at the hotel was very nice and helpful. Pool was also nice. Breakfast was great at the restaurant! Three negatives: 1. We have kids and we kept them quiet once in the room, especially at night. Wish I could say the same for the rude people next door. Kept us up until after midnight each night but we didn't complain so can't really blame the hotel. 2. No in room fridge. Even the small one would have been helpful. We brought some stuff with us that had to be thrown away because we couldn't keep it cold. 3. The surrounding neighborhood was not very nice. Didn't feel safe walking around the hotel with the kids in tow. After the first time walking around we realized there was no where worth walking to anyways. Ended up driving to the Gaslamp district or Mission Bay where it was cleaner.
3 night family trip Mar 30, 2015
Jeremy
Had a great time. Staff was friendly. Pool was great. Great location with easy access to lots of San Diego attractions
Other trip Apr 3, 2015
"Lovely Vintage Hotel"
Check in was a breeze, the staff were friendly and helpful, and the decor charming. The location is very convenient to visit the many wonderful sights of San Diego. The pool is great, always at 78 degrees. We will be staying here on our next visit.
vallane
"nice little gem"
Amazing place, amazing stay, all smiles. At first you would think it's not going to be all that great but then turns out pretty amazing and great place
2 night family trip Mar 23, 2015
Christopher
"Pleasant Stay!"
Water pressure in shower was quite weak, otherwise the room was great. Hotel is on a busy street, so there was too much noise. BUT it did quiet down at night. Despite these two issues, we loved the hotel. Much character, nice restaurant off the lobby. Terrific bar downstairs. Staff very helpful. We will stay there again!
2 night family trip Mar 24, 2015
Christine
"Fantastic staff"
The staff was excellent. They let us check in 2 hours early since our plane got in at an earlier time than check-in. They were very friendly when we arrived, and were full of great suggestions for food and fun in the surrounding area. Would definitely stay here again :)
Other trip Mar 28, 2015
CLG
"best experience ever."
This was the best decision to stay at the Lafayette hotel! The staff was incredible, the hotel was beautiful, the location was perfect. I will return again!! The food was amazing, the pool was fantastic. If I could rate it higher I would.
4 night family trip Mar 21, 2015
Cassie
"Very fun hotel!"
A great get-away right in the urban area of San Diego. The pool was beautiful and so relaxing! The food is excellent!
Other trip Mar 25, 2015
"Fun place"
Great Staff and the hotel is very charming!
1 night business trip Mar 18, 2015
RCA Wealth
"Great bday weekend stay"
First time staying at this hotel and we will definitely come back! Upon arrival, asked if any bungalows were available so that we could upgrade from a regular room. Staff was extremely kind and helpful. We absolutely loved the bungalow and enjoyed the hotel's decor and layout.
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
"Unique, but not relaxing."
The room was a decent size, but the atmosphere was extremely loud. There was an interactive play taking place the entire weekend which meant large groups of people were constantly outside our window.
2 night romance trip Mar 20, 2015
"Love the pool and bungalow"
Birthday party and friends in town.
"Nice hotel."
Old but clean. Extremely noisy, as we were put right over the bar below. Charge for parking was a put-off. Not many good restaurants nearby. Hotel restaurant OK.
Other trip Mar 20, 2015
"Poolside Room and a Wonderful Bungalow!"
The bungalow was perfect for our friend's birthday party and the room was nice for those that actually wanted to sleep. Walking distance to liquor store, food and bars. The pool was warm and really nice.
"Felt like home"
The bungalows are amazing! Didn't even feel like a hotel. The staff are extremely nice and vey helpful. We're most definitely staying here again
1 night trip with friends Mar 14, 2015
"Nice hotel, built in the 1920's, close to the zoo."
Very nice stay. Nice and close to the zoo. Clean and quaint.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
"Nice, old-fashioned hotel."
Breakfast was too greasy and too cooked. However, staff was very pleasant in the dining area. Room was fine. Parts of the hotel were tired, but on the whole, it was a pleasant place and I would stay there again as it is near my son and his family.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
"Wonderful hotel in an eclectic neighborhood."
Great location, service, and price. A reminder of what hotels were like in the hayday.
Other trip Mar 15, 2015
Don
"Great staff and service!"
The front desk staff was very friendly and accommaditing for my family while our stay there
Other trip Mar 13, 2015
Charlie
"I'd stay there again."
I thought I booked a ground-level pool facing room, but ended up on the second floor so someone didn't much appreciate my 4-year-old up and about at 7am (as evidenced by them pounding on their ceiling with something. The pool was a little cold, I heard that the heater had just been repaired that day. Water pressure in the shower was good -- which was good because it was a no-selections type shower head. But overall, the feel of the place is really nice, relaxed but upper-scale. The pool is beautiful and the lights on the trees in the pool courtyard area are beautiful at night. The poolside restaurant provides good food and from what I could tell by some of the other patrons, good cocktails!
2 night family trip Mar 6, 2015
"Good customer service but needs updating"
We really enjoyed our stay here. It is clear they have updated the rooms, but the bathrooms felt like a blast from the past!! Also the lobby always had an unpleasant smell during our 4 days there. Other than those minor details it was a great hotel.
4 night romance trip Mar 3, 2015
"Beautiful Get Away"
Beautiful hotel and AMAZING staff. From check in to check out! Even the bar in the hotel had wonderful people. One of the best and warm hotels I have been to.
2 night business trip Feb 25, 2015
Jeffrey
"SD's little gem"
Everyone was really nice my feuds and I had a blast hanging pool side we'd come back again for sure!
1 night trip with friends Mar 7, 2015
Lorinda
Fabulous ambience! Room needs a bit of updating such as a desk and some comfy chairs.
Other trip Mar 10, 2015
"Almost perfect but needs some TLC"
I really like the theme of this hotel. The rooms are big and I had a room that overlook the pool with a balcony which was great. I only have a couple of complaints. The first is that the person that used the room before me left a Mc Donalds drink on the balcony and it was not cleaned up by the maid staff. I also did not like that the desk is not in the main room as it is with just about every hotel room I have stayed at. Instead it is more of a womens powder desk by the bathroom. Most business travelers want a desk next to the TV so that as they work they can watch the news or something on TV, that is not happening here. The other issue that I was not fond of was the horrible TV. Yes, it is a flat screen TV but all the channels looked sub standard definition. Those are my only gripes. The hotel has a lot of charm and looks well maintained.
1 night business trip Mar 5, 2015
Marco
"Affordable Convenient Old Hollywood Style Hotel"
Hotel is conveniently located with easy freeway access. We had plans at Seaport Village, Pacific Beach and Qualcomm Stadium and had no problem reaching any destination; not having the stress of traffic outside the hotel door was great. The gated parking is also a good feature. This is a charming hotel with an "Old Hollywood" feel. The rooms are comfortable, clean and equipped with the necessary amenities. The Hope 46 restaurant has good food and service.
2 night romance trip Feb 20, 2015
Joanna
"Great, historical place to stay."
Great, well kept historical hotel in San Diego. Staff experienced and well trained. Went out if their way to work with me when the weather delayed our departure for two days. Room was spacious and well maintained. Would highly recommend this hotel to friends going to San Diego.
Other trip Mar 8, 2015
Retired
"Cool vibe but strong smells"
Cool old hotel. Very strong air freshener smells in lobby & unfortunately sewer gas smell in the room. FYI for those sensitive to smells. Comfortable enough. Small room & bathroom but fun vibe.
1 night romance trip Mar 4, 2015
Courtenay
"Charming Hotel, Clean Room, Friendly Service"
Charming hotel in a great neighborhood location and centrally located for us to do activities at Zoo/Downtown/Sea World & Mission Bay. Cute diner Lil B's within walking distance served great breakfast. We didn't have a chance to eat at the hotel or use the pool (weather too cold). We stayed in Suze Suite for a family of four and there was plenty of room for us, and it was nice having two bathrooms! (No bathroom fans, but small windows open...but no privacy when open). Yes, the hotel and pool area does get loud and rowdy until very late at night (even during our stay in cooler February) but I turned up our room fan and it was fine. However, I did need to call the front desk at 11:30 on a Thursday evening to complain of loud people partying between their room and pool area, and front desk already had security on it and within 10 minutes the rowdies were silent. TV reception not so great in our room. Wi-Fi was excellent. Also, no elevator for the two-story Suze Suite area so be prepared to carry your bags upstairs if you stay in upstairs room. Check-in and Check-out was the fastest I have ever experienced. Would stay here again.
4 night family trip Feb 25, 2015
"San Diego fun"
It was a wonderful experience at this hotel. Friendly staff and clean room. The only odd thing is the bathrooms do not have an exhaust fan so after a shower the moisture stays in the bathroom. Just an odd observation. Otherwise it was fantastic.
3 night trip with friends Feb 26, 2015
"San Diego Zoo Trip"
Family trip to the San Diego Zoo, very close. The hotel has a very classic look and feel to it. The lobby is very nice.
1 night family trip Feb 26, 2015
"Tons of Character"
This is not a posh hotel. The rooms are pretty basic, and you can tell it's an older hotel. But it's a really charming space in a great location. You can catch a city bus to Balboa Park or downtown just across the street. There are a lot restaurants nearby (including great Russian and Ethiopian spots) and the main drag of the hip North Park neighborhood is a short walk away, with tons of great restaurants and night spots. The Suze suites are great for families. There's a king bed in one room and a bunk bed in the other, with a full size mattress on the bottom and a single on top. The bar/restaurant had tasty cocktails and interesting breakfasts. Our only major complaint was that the wifi service was very slow, so if a high speed net connection is critical for you, this is probably not your hotel.
Other trip Feb 27, 2015
Tammy
"Loved it!"
We really enjoyed staying at the LaFayette Hotel. It had a lot of charm! We chose the hotel because it is close to our son and it ended up being a great find!
5 night family trip Feb 19, 2015
Wonderful atmosphere
1 night trip with friends Feb 21, 2015
Lorraine
"Nice, funky hotel"
The hotel was good. A different feel. Definitely not a chain. The two bedroom suite with the bunk bed was perfect for a family. The only negative was the pool. It is not heated to 70 degrees. The weather was in the 60's and the pool was probable 60 degrees. We asked and they said it was heated by fuel cell and indicated it does not heat the pool to 70 when it's colder. It was disappointing since the pool is gorgeous, but was very cold.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
"Try Something Fun and Different"
What can I say? Fun, Funky, Cool. Great for my 60-something parents (Pool Balcony King) and perfect for my wife and daughter (Suze Suite). We will be returning with our friends from Vegas - hip and modern poolside days in our future. Meme and Amy are awesome; Sydney a little dry.
3 night family trip Feb 7, 2015
"Great funky place"
Loved it!
1 night romance trip Feb 15, 2015
Victoria
"Wonderful place for an old-line getaway"
Wonderful place for an old-line getaway. Close to North Park and University sections, very diverse. Will stay there again if visiting SD in this neighborhood.
1 night romance trip Feb 9, 2015
stephen
"4 Stars"
Beautiful, historic, and about 15 minutes from downtown/beaches/Old Town/Zoo etc. Poolside rooms are great! Comfortable beds, hot showers, bleach clean linens and room. Modern renovations stayed close to the historic feel of the hotel. Wonderful customer service and friendly people. A little higher in price but was a great stay.
2 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015